Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Prabhupada Speaks - in India, Bhuvanesvara
Pages in category "Prabhupada Speaks - in India, Bhuvanesvara"
The following 118 pages are in this category, out of 118 total.
- A brahmana priest would come (for the Vedic ceremonies)?
- Actually there is some good lessons to learn from them, because they were persecuted, they were killed by the government even. But they didn't give up their faith. They remained very faithful, the early Christians
- Americans, they are not allowed to see Jagannatha temple. What Prabhu Bhaktivedanta is doing? What he's doing for them?
- And why should they object if we decide to surrender to one authority?
- Are you knowing people take diksa from many gurus?
- At the present moment we have no natural attraction for Krsna; therefore we must understand by knowledge what is Krsna. That is Krsna tattva vetta
- Balarama means guru-tattva. Balarama represents guru. Yasya prasadad bhagavat-prasadah. If we want to understand Caitanya Mahaprabhu, if we want to understand Krsna, then we must take shelter of Balarama
- Bhagavatam class in the morning?
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura has sung that namasraya kari thakaha apana kaje: "Take shelter of hari-nama and remain in your own profession"
- But because this is the age of Kali, even if the Krsna consciousness movement spreads and even captures governments, how can we stop individual people from doing this (sinful life)?
- But for Brahmananda, he may remain sannyasi? Brahmananda?
- But if they (the scientists) accept, do we have program ("be Krsna conscious and solve all the problems." This is our point)?
- But is it not correct, Srila Prabhupada, that Paramatma is the (...) is behind?
- But is it possible to also learn spiritual truths from this..., from representatives on the subtle plane?
- But isn't inflation possible even with coins? Even if you have gold coins, isn't inflation still possible?
- But just like when we want to try and attract someone to Krsna consciousness now, the main theme is to try to get them to come and stay at the temple. But will that continue in the future?
- But Krsna means... Who is He? Is He a personal or impersonal?
- But why should we be callous to the sufferings of others?
- But why would God want to keep the living entities in darkness?
- By taking shelter of the lotus feet of Caitanya Mahaprabhu, these Europeans & Americans, although they are supposed to be born in mleccha, yavana family, they are taking Krsna consciousness so seriously. Otherwise it is very difficult to understand Krsna
- Gandhi or Vinobha or Vivekananda or Aurobindo, they did not come in the parampara system. They have made themselves important by their own ideas. That we want to check. Therefore we are presenting Bhagavad-gita As It Is
- God is person?
- Gurudeva said the only aim of human being is to surrender to Sri Krsna, to the lotus feet of Sri Krsna. In India especially, there are so many temples and gods and goddesses...
- How about Radha-Krsna also (let them worship Gaura-Nitai)?
- How can any materialist manage more than a few wives without divorce?
- How can we force the scientists to accept Bhagavad-gita?
- How has India improved by independence? What is the improvement? They are more godless than ever
- How should we know that he (the guru) knows about Krsna?
- How would he (the crocodile) have that loving feeling to hatch the baby?
- I am international. I don't believe in this national or statewise. I never believed
- I heard he (Subash Bose) took the dress of a Muslim?
- I want to read some books published by Swamiji. Can I get?
- If God is to uplift the soul of all the persons, all the livings, why there is a chaotic situation?
- If my mother would not have been little strict, I would not have gotten any education. My father was very lenient. So she used to force me. One man would take me to school
- If people say, "What is this Hare Krsna movement doing?"
- If we build in Puri, will we have Jagannatha?
- If you are actually hankering after Krsna - Krsna is within yourself - He will give you a guru. He will give you a guru. Guru-krsna-krpaya. But we must be fortunate to get real guru. If I am unfortunate, I'll not get a guru
- If you don't accept spiritual master, how you'll get transcen... You'll be taught here and there, here and there, and waste time. Waste time for the teacher and waste your valuable time. Therefore you have to be guided by an expert spiritual master
- If you work hard, Laksmi will come. Our institution is working so hard, all our devotees; therefore we have no scarcity. We are not babajis, taking a mala & smoking bidi. "I do not go beyond Vrndavana." Rascal, loitering & associating with so many women
- Is it because we have the desire to come in contact with such persons that we contact them, like Nitai contacting that Purusottama?
- Is our goal to actually establish Vedic principles back into society again at large?
- Is there a difference between Rama and Krsna?
- Legislative assembly, the senators must be all first-class brahmanas. Otherwise he cannot be elected. This should be introduced. Unless one is following the brahminical principles, he cannot be elected. He must give up these 4 principles of sinful life
- Lord Krsna preached Bhagavad-gita in battlefield of Kuruksetra, and it is afterwards written by Vyasadeva. Did Vyasadeva got it out of his meditation, or how the actual thing which was conveyed to Arjuna again took a shape in Bhagavad-gita?
- Material science as well as spiritual science (would be taught under a Krsna conscious goverment)?
- Means what is God and Krsna? Is there any difference?
- My Guru Maharaja had thousands of disciples. So out of thousands of disciples, practically I am little successful. That everyone knows. Why? Because I firmly believed in the words of my guru. That's all
- No, but those who are freedom fighters, they are actually on the wrong path?
- None of the tourists who are Westerners ever takes Jagannatha prasadam, do they?
- Now you all GBC make a plan how to introduce the books in every home. The same policy in other languages also. We have got much work ahead. Don't think our business is finished
- One in million get a chance to get a real spiritual guide. There are so many in the name of spiritual guide. And he will false pray because his inner soul hankers and inner soul thinks that "This is my guru, and somehow I will accept whatever he says"
- One may say, "But I myself work hard. Should I support the man who is lazy, doing nothing? Some are lazy. Should I work hard?"
- Only to the very determined and serious person we can ask them to give up meat-eating and things like this in this kind of countries?
- People want to be flattered. They don't want to be told very strongly
- Person (is Krsna a person)?
- Prabhupada said this past week that in the future, historians will study this period of world history, how this movement has changed the world. He said in the future they will just note this period, how the world is being changed
- Practice yoga - solitary and sacred place. What is this circle we see in morning? Simply "Chai, chai, chai." And cigarette, bidi, and talking nonsense, drinking - no arrangement. Vedic system, still in India in morning they take bath, in the villages
- She said, "Your Guruji is just like Nethaji. He went outside of India and organized army of Vaisnavas"
- Simply go on sincerely working for this movement. Nobody can defeat you. Take all strategic point, fighting with maya, and become victorious
- Simply theorizing, making plan, and they do not know what is the suffering. Such a rascal civilization. So we have to introduce real civilization. Therefore we are struggling so hard
- Sir, may I know the meaning of the divine name Hare Krsna and Hare Rama? The real meaning of the divine name Hare Krsna, Hare Rama?
- Sir, what is the difference between renunciation and surrender?
- Sir, what is the way to serve the Supreme?
- Sir, what is your idea about people following other religions?
- So as the Krsna consciousness movement increases its influence, then American culture will gradually change?
- So if someone wanted to be, say, a Christian in the Krsna conscious..., a society led by a Krsna conscious person, if someone wanted to be a Christian, would he be chastised?
- So in the same way (that Jesus) Krsna also was appearing again during...?
- So is this conflict part of the spreading of Krsna consciousness?
- So they ask us, "Have you seen God?"
- So they may challenge, "Do you mean to say that you can feed the whole world without meat?"
- So unless we get men from overseas, then for us to expand is very difficult. Just like for this Mombassa. We get this big house. Unless we have men to maintain it, then why should we take it?
- So we have to give allowances to such people (the newcomers). We have to give allowance?
- Srila Prabhupada? I had a question about the prasadam distribution money that I am hoping to get from the record sales... I would like to know if some of it can be used for distributing prasadam in America
- Suppose if we don't follow it (the counting of number of rounds on japa), it's not beneficial?
- Supposing any person, he renounces everything, his material property, and if he just came to Krsna consciousness. Can he live?
- That is their (the scientists) poor fund of knowledge. A gentleman will accept, "Yes, we do not know." But they, in roundabout way, in order to keep their position, they'll bluff. That is most dangerous, bluffing
- The child may be foolish, but father-mother cannot see that their child will remain a fool. He can force. Government also. Why there is military force? Why there is police force? If you want to be outlaw, then you'll be forced to accept the law
- The important visitor is waiting for one hour. So this is enjoyment. The Prime Minister is not the horse, but he is enjoying taking his grandchild on the back and he was playing like a horse and the grandchild was, 'Hut Hut Hut Hut'
- The outcome of the battle is already decided. Just like in Bhagavad-gita, we've already won. We just have to keep fighting
- The simple version (of Bhagavad gita) is there also for a layman like us who do not know?
- "The work done by A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada toward the revivalism of Hindu culture and civilization is unsurpassable. His Holiness has done a great service to Indian culture by reinterpreting the concept enshrined in the Srimad-Bhagavatam"
- Then this monism and dualism, then what about the Visista-advaita?
- There is a very nice interesting story that the big Prime Minister Gladstone...
- There is no doubt about it that I am the representative of God. Either you dream or not dream, I claim
- They (one who is under the control of maya, he speaks like ghostly-haunted man - all nonsense) are actually ghostly-haunted, or as if ghostly-haunted?
- They are thinking, "What if the people want to be Communist? Why should we interfere?"
- They ask, "What is the force that combined matter and the atma, matter and life, matter and the jiva or atma? What is the force behind it?"
- They criticize this in ISKCON, that the leaders pick out husband and wife... And that they're not allowed to mix freely. They say, "Well how do you know who you want to marry unless you can mix with that person?"
- They would say, How do you know God said that? Just because it is written in a book, how do you know?
- This is not my business to make intimate relation with woman and get money. I could do. There was chance. When attempt was failed, the man who introduced that woman to me, he one day said, "I have seen many swamis, but none like you"
- This Krsna consciousness movement is trying to reestablish daiva-varnasrama, where brahmana, ksatriya, vaisya, sudra, everyone. Systematic. We are therefore proposing to start a college, varnasrama college
- This one man was challenging that "This Krsna is simply sex symbol, dancing with so many women, having so many queens"
- This subject matter is called "mind-body problem." The mind sometimes they compare as spirit or soul in some Western philosophical circles
- We are seeking pleasure within this material world. That is imitation. That is not real enjoyment. But the basic principle of enjoyment is there. Here there is imitation enjoyment - love between young boy, young girl is there. So wherefrom it comes?
- We keep the ideal style of life. You learn, and do it. I am not encroaching upon your independence, but if you want to be happy, you follow. This is our process
- We live on the mercy and the guidance of the guru every moment
- Well, first we have to explain that Krsna has a transcendental body. If they don't understand that, then how can we explain Krsna's disappearance?
- Well, what about all these artificial divisions, "this nation," "that nation," "this land"?
- What about say a Buddhist who practices ahimsa... (in a Krsna conscious country, would he be chastised)?
- What about the cows that they slaughter? Do they have to continue in a cow birth?
- What about the platform of just not killing anyone? Is there any credit to that?
- What are the reasons why one should not hear from one who has got sufficient knowledge on Lord Krsna if he is not outwardly a Vaisnava? That means he's not having sikha or kunti
- What students can do? In the topic of... (the different interpretations of Bhagavad Gita), what students can do?
- What was that story of Caesar (scissors)?
- What we have renounced? We have renounced... We are using the motorcar, we are using this machine, we are eating, we are sleeping in nice room - what is the renouncement? Only renouncement is no connection with woman
- Where is this consciousness of surrender come in human life? At what stage it can come?
- While sometimes the movies that are demonstrated in the plane, I close my eyes. I do not like to see them because that impression carries. It is a very disturbing fact to me
- Why do we bother to preach? Why not just sit and do our bhajana?
- You must give up the association of bad elements. And who is bad element? One bad element is one who is too much attached to women, and the other bad element is who is not devotee of God. Give up their association. Then you will be steady
- You said in that article in the BTG that women's liberation means that they get more exploited