Category:I Say (Prabhupada)
"i say"|"I said"
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► What Can I Say? (Prabhupada) (13 P)
Pages in category "I Say (Prabhupada)"
The following 163 pages are in this category, out of 163 total.
- Just like my disciples, because they have accepted me as guru, whatever I say, they accept it. Otherwise I have not bribed them
- When a pure devotee or spiritual master speaks, what he says should be accepted as having been directly spoken by the Supreme Personality of Godhead in the parampara system
- A spiritual master will say, "I am servant of God. I have brought His mercy. Please take it and be satisfied"
- Actually I cannot claim any credit for myself, but I say if any credit is due, it is due to the fact that I have not deviated from the original instructions
- Actually this Krsna consciousness movement is a process of making this animal society into human civilization. At the present moment especially, all animals. I take them as animals. Therefore I say so boldly. I care for them
- Allen Ginsberg told me, Swamiji, you are very conservative. I said that I am the most lenient. I'm not conservative. You are conservative. You cannot give up your bad habits
- Although I have never experimented, neither seen personally, but because it is explained in the Vedic literature, I can say you correctly
- And to become acarya is not very difficult. First of all, to become very faithful servant of your acarya, follow strictly what he says. Try to please him and spread Krsna consciousness. That's all. It is not at all difficult
- Another news is that Mother Syama dasi came to L.A. with some of her Gujarati devotees. She appeared to be nice Vaisnavi. And she wants to work in cooperation with me. I have told her that I have no objection but how we shall cooperate...
- As soon as we see that he is not a devotee of Krsna, then he's a rascal. How do we say? He is not my enemy, but we have to say because it is stated by Krsna
- As you are remembering our old meeting days on the second avenue, when I first started my lectures there, similarly I also remember the incidents and speak to so many friends and disciples
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu has said, "Any rascal" - of course, "rascal" he did not say; I say - that. "Anyone who considers the body of Krsna is prakrta" - prakrta means material - "that is the greatest offense"
- Can you count how many atoms are there, atomic? That is your limitation. Therefore I say "frog philosophy." The limited wants to study the unlimited. That is frog philosophy
- Cittete koriya aikya, ar na koriho mane asa. So it is not my pride, but I can say, for your instruction, I did it. Therefore whatever little success you see than all my Godbrothers, it is due to this
- Devotion to Godhead was his (Gandhi's) ultimate aim and when I say that his sacred memory should be perpetuated not in the ordinary way but in the Gandhian way, I mean that fitting respect to his memory will be done in the following manner
- Did I say to anyone that "You are Christian. You become a Hindu"? No, never I said. That is not my business
- Don't think of any nonsense. Simply execute what your guru has said. That is success
- I always said that if I could get the American boys and girls to take up this movement the rest of the world would join. Now my theory is being proved
- I always say, man is good, and woman is also good, but when they combine, then they become bad
- I am glad to know that you are working hard to expand the Krishna Consciousness propaganda in Boston. I may say that this practical devotion is the secret to understanding the Sastras
- I am not saying anything which is not given by my Guru Maharaja. I am simply repeating what I have learned from him
- I am not speaking my own views. I have got my acaryas, my teachers, Ramanujacarya, Sankaracarya, Madhvacarya. So it is all right. It is all right. I have got so many authorities. What authority you have got?
- I am rather proud to say that the movement of Krishna Consciousness which I have started in your country will fulfill the desires of many sincere citizens of your country who are actually anxious to have a bon-a-fide spiritual guidance from India
- I am saying this from my practical experience from my Guru Maharaja, from my spiritual master. He would never say that "I am going," "I am doing," no. "If Krsna desires, then I shall do it." "If Krsna desires, then I shall go." Like that
- I am simply an instrument in the hands of my Spiritual Master. I do not know how far I have got the capacity to carry His order, but I may say that I have a sincere desire to do it. This is Parampara system
- I can say to you that "Krsna is Bhagavan." That's all. I never become equal to Krsna
- I did not mean by the memo that you shall stop correspondence. If you understood like that, then I say that you can send me every day one letter, and it will be welcome
- I do not deviate, therefore people respect what I am saying and they listen because I do not say one thing and do another
- I don't take cheap students, that "You can do whatever you like, and you pay me some money. I give you some mantra, and you become God." I don't say like that. I don't bluff like that. I have not come to earn money from your country
- I have already said that this Vedic civilization is meant for making the animal a perfect person
- I have always said that if we simply rely on book distribution all our needs will be met
- I have several times said that most of the Europeans, they belong to the original ksatriyas
- I never showed any gold-making magic. I simply said to them the "Here is Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, you surrender unto Him." That's all
- I said in many lectures that Christianism means Vaisnavism. Where is the Christian?
- I said it long ago, that we are trying to make Brahmanas from anywhere in the world
- I said to stop this intoxication, but not your editing. You say it is rumor only, but I have heard it several times from other persons. So let it remain as rumor, don't let it be fact. That will give me great hurt
- I say in the beginning that in order to enter moon planet you have to get a suitable type of body. That suitable type of body is not that spacesuit
- I say that because my Guru Maharaja appointed me for that purpose
- I say that if you are arrested, why you should be sorry? You go in the jail and chant Hare Krsna. That's all
- I say that there is every chance of falling down. That is up to you to keep fit. Otherwise there is chance of falling down. But even he falls down, whatever he has done, that is permanent
- I say that there must be educational institution for training brahmana, ksatriya especially
- I say that you cannot take meat, you cannot smoke. So all my students, they were accustomed to this habit, but by my order they have restrained
- I say that you shall remain fixed up in this way, but if you do not accept it, then how can I help you? If I say that "Don’t dry your knife on your neck," and if you do it, so how can I save you?
- I say the Indians are becoming insane. By the influence of so many rascals they are becoming insane. So that has to be rectified. But insanity is prevailing all over the world, but not so much insanity as in India, that they are rejecting their own things
- I say, "Please obey God. Please try to love God." That is my mission. And I give the way how to love God very easily. How to love, provided you agree
- I say, the secret of my wonderful activities is that I have not tried to adulterate it
- I sometimes say that in the Western countries the young boys, they come to Krsna consciousness, their only one great asset is they are not family-wise attached. That is very good qualification
- I spoke in many of the churches there. My host arranged for that. So it was not with that purpose that I came here, to defeat some religious process. That was not my purpose. Our mission is, Lord Caitanya's mission is, to teach everyone how to love God
- I stress on this cleanliness very much. If they keep unclean, I chastise them like anything. (laughing) They have learned this art. I always say, "Cleanliness is next to godliness"
- I thank you once more for your noble sentiments about me and I can simply say that for this nice attitude Krishna will certainly help you. I am fully aware of your sincere service and therefore I pray always to Krishna for your all-round welfare
- I used to say to my God-brothers that when I would begin preaching I shall take two trucks, one for Sankirtana Party and one for carrying requisites, and I would go from village to village throughout the whole world preaching Lord Caitanya's message
- I was invited in Butler, here also, by some churches, and they wanted to give me some food. So they asked me, "Swamiji, what do you desire to eat?" So I told them, "I eat... I am strictly vegetarian. I shall accept fruits and milk. That's all"
- If I say that "I am ISKCON," what is the wrong there? Because I have created this; therefore I say, "ISKCON means I. I am ISKCON." So what is the wrong there? It is like that. By energy of Krsna, everything has come out
- If I say that "It is I who has expanded, I am expanded all over the world by this Hare Krsna movement," that's a fact. But that does not mean I am not a person
- If somebody comes, "Swamiji, initiate me." I immediately say that "You have to follow these four principles," and he goes away
- If we decide that "Whatever Krsna has said, we have to do it at any risk," that is Krsna consciousness. "Krsna has said. My Guru Maharaja said. We have to do it"
- In India, if one's name is Krsna, we say Krishta. My younger brother, his name was Krsna. So we were calling him Krishta. So Krishta, Christian
- In London at the Vyasa Puja ceremony during the offering of flowers you, Syamasundara and Mukunda left the room. So questioned by a devotee I might have said something like that. But forget it now
- In my absence you read the books; what I talk, I have written in the books
- In New York in 1968 when I was in the hospital they tried to operate my brain, but I left the hospital tactfully. Therefore I say that you never call a doctor for me or send me to the hospital
- In the Western countries, the boys and girls, they mix very freely. And if I say, "My dear boys, you cannot see even a young girl," then finished. My business there is finished
- In Vrndavana, Nrsimha-vallabha Gosvami, you know? He comes to me. He says, "So many people are jealous upon you." I say that first of all you create something like me. Then you become jealous
- It is not rejecting; it is reforming. The Catholic religion also teaches love of God, or love of Christ. So if I say the truth, it will not be very palatable, but this movement is reformation
- Jaya. First when I entered this room (at Bhaktivedanta Manor), I said, "All glories to George Harrison." Yes. You have given us this shelter, and Krsna will give you shelter at His lotus feet. We shall pray always like that
- Jesus says, "There is God. I am son of God." That is parampara. Yes. Unfortunately nobody cares to follow Jesus Christ. That I must say. Jesus Christ says, "Thou shall not kill," and Christians are very expert to kill
- Krsna consciousness means to become kind to everyone. Therefore we say, "No meat-eating"
- Krsna consciousness movement does not say that artificially you simply make some renouncement, all nonsense. And to recompensate we take to some drugs, take to some intoxication, no. You take nice food. Krsna has given nice food
- Krsna is everything. Suppose I if I say, "I am everything in this, my institution," does it mean I have lost my personality?
- Lampaṭa, just like a debauched husband sometimes entreats the good wife & the wife tolerates. There are many instances, such thing, India still, but that is diminishing. Of course, if we say so many stories, it will take... But there are many examples
- Let us begin the construction on the temple here in Bombay first, then we shall see for coming there to Mayapur to stay with you. Say after a month
- Many times they give me very great credit that I have done wonderful. Yes, I have done wonderful. But what is the reason? Because I am not a rascal. I speak what Krsna has spoken. That's all. Very easy
- Material facilities, I think you American boys and girls, you have got material facilities better than any other nation. At least better than India, that I can say by my experience
- My order means Bhagavad-gita. We don't say anything extra. That is our principle. Caitanya Mahaprabhu says that "You become guru"
- My point is that when we say "self realization" it does not mean that one should realize that he is the Supreme
- Not during while I am talking. You don't take. That disturbs me. My attention goes to your photograph. It is very much disturbing
- Now it has come to the stage that in your Western countries, if we say like this, that "Next life you may become a dog," university student, they say, "What is the wrong if I become a dog?"
- One knowledge you get from me, and then you practically apply your consciousness that "Yes, what Prabhupada has said, it is right." That is called vijnana
- Our mission is very big. The best welfare work. Other welfare activities, they keep them as go-khara, and promises all sorts of big, big promises. No, we do not say
- Our system, parampara system, is that I am just like disciple of Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati. I don't say that I am liberated. I am conditioned. But because I am following the instruction of Bhaktisiddhanta, I'm liberated
- Out of the nine responses you got from GBC members for your proposal to reduce the price of BTG to the temples to 10 cents, there are seven in favor. Therefore I say yes
- Regarding press starting, I have already given you necessary instructions, and again I say that you complete it as soon as possible. I wish to see the press is started when I go back to USA after my European tour
- Regarding Tejiyas and Delhi, I have already said that you should arrange whatever is suitable by mutual agreement
- Regarding the scientists' opinion on the moon, we have entrusted our own three scientists namely Svarupa Damodara, Sadaputa, and Madhva and we leave the matter to them, we do not say anything ourselves, but are leaving it to them
- Regarding your seeking permission for selling some leather goods and water pipes: I say yes, you can sell. We have nothing to do with these things, but in special cases, if somebody asks us to sell intoxicants or similar things, we cannot do that
- Relative means you cannot understand anything without the other. That is called relative. Suppose if I say "good man," I cannot understand a good man without having another man, bad man. This is called relative truth
- Religion, I have already said, it is a kind of faith. Faith can be changed, but our constitutional position, occupational duty, that cannot be changed. We are eternal servant of Krsna, but without serving Krsna we are serving maya
- Show them how to count on the finger divisions, and have them listen one by one to the tape of me reciting gayatri mantra, repeating each vibration as I say it
- Simply by repeating what I have said; first you must yourself become fully convinced of this philosophy, your preaching will meet with all success
- So anyone who is under the bodily concept of life, he's no better than animal. So actually, if we say frankly, everyone is in the bodily concept of life. Therefore the modern civilization is animal civilization
- So far as I am concerned, as I already told you, after this European tour I am going to retire from active work and retire for writing books
- So far I am concerned, I cannot say what I was in my previous life, but one great astrologer calculated that I was previously a physician and my life was sinless
- So far question of inferior, superior, that is your calculation. But we say that by nature, a woman and man is different
- So far the meaning of the word "cheating," there are only three things to be known - Krishna is Supreme Enjoyer, Supreme Proprietor of everything, and Supreme Friend of everyone, and we say that honesty is acting upon the knowledge of these three facts
- So I say I am not a wonderful man I simply follow Krsna
- So many friends advised me to open some hospitals, dispensaries. Oh, I flatly said that "We are not interested in the hospitals." There are so many hospitals. So people who are interested in hospitals, they can go there. Here is spiritual hospital
- Some of you must be, must learn the art of fighting also. But in a practical you are not going to fight. If required, you can fight. I say that we are above all these varnasrama, but we must train others or ourself also for material activities
- Sometimes rascals come, that "You are speaking the same thing. Why don't you speak something new by research work?" We say that we have no intelligence, we cannot make any research
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, He appeared in this land of Mayapur; therefore He is said here as "the moon." Therefore we say candra, Mayapur-candra
- Suppose if I say that "I narrated, I gave a speech in the sun planet and forty millions of years before," you'll laugh: "Oh, Swamiji's speaking some nonsense, that forty millions of years before he spoke this Bhagavad-gita in the sun planet"
- Surfer. I call "sufferer, Sea-sufferer." Sea-surfer, it is practical, because we are creating a situation by which we shall become a fish. Yes. Contamination. Just like if you purposely contaminate some disease, you must suffer from that disease
- That is our process. What Krsna has said, we say, that's all. Therefore there is little success. I don't manufacture. I have no extraordinary power or I cannot show magic or jugglery of words. But I do sincerely, to present what Krsna has said
- That is the process of Vedic injunction: you have to accept without argument. Just like for practical life I will say some examples, that cow dung. In India cow dung is accepted as very pure
- That is the subject matter of the poetry, that "I have no hope. Who will accept this, especially in this country, so much engrossed in materialistic way of life? And I shall say, 'Give up everything.' Who will take it?"
- The Absolute Truth means, the origin of everything. Now the next question would be that "What is that origin?" The modern scientists, they think the origin is chemicals. But we say, "No. It cannot be chemicals."
- The Mayavadi philosopher, they see that there is no more any pleasure in this dancing: "Make it zero. Forget it." No. We don't say that. We say that this dancing is there in the original conception in the Absolute Truth
- The other political parties are spending lavishly so how can we compete with them. We do not have enough money nor do I wish to spend our money in this way. Therefore I say it is better to stop
- The purpose of saying Bhagavad-gita as it is, explained, that there are many editions of Bhagavad-gita, they have interpreted in their own way, giving up the spirit of Bhagavad-gita. So this particular name, "As It Is," significant
- The whole world is - I may say whole world, but at least the majority portion - everyone is under the impression that "I am this body." But I am not this body. I am soul
- There was no force. Only proposal. That's all. When it was proposed before me, I also said, "It depends on the choice." So anyway, go on with your work, sankirtana movement you have started
- These rascals will change every year their theology. So what is the value of their words? Childish. He is a rascal. We say, "Krsna, the Supreme" We never change it. And "Surrender is the only process" We shall never change it
- They should follow what their spiritual master says. Book selling, there is no question of moral and immoral. They must sell. Just like in fighting. Where there is fight, the soldiers, to gain victory, there is no question of moral and immoral. He must
- This is Krsna consciousness. You must voluntarily agree - not hackneyed, mechanical: "Spiritual master says like this. All right, let me do it." No. You have to understand very nicely. Tesam satata-yuktanam bhajatam priti-purvakam. Priti, with love
- This Krsna consciousness movement means we strictly follow Krsna. Our leader is Krsna. So everyone requires a leader. I have talked many times that "Leader must be followed"
- This morning these press reporters were asking me, "What is the purpose of your movement?" So I said, "To educate the mudhas, that's all." This is the sum and substance of this Krsna consciousness movement, that we are trying to educate the mudhas
- This movement means I am serving God. What do you mean by serving? If Krsna says that "You obey Me," and if I say that "You obey Krsna," is it not service?
- This yellow color refers to Caitanya Mahaprabhu, golden color. So this is also confirmed. If somebody says that "He is Krsna. Why He is not blackish?" No. He appears as the devotee of Krsna in golden color. We say, therefore, "golden avatara"
- Those who have no Krsna consciousness - I don't say everyone - they are cooking for themselves. Just like the hotel. In a hotel they are cooking for the customer palatable dishes. So that is the difference
- We always repeatedly say, sex life is lust. That is not love
- We are enemies to their standard of civilization. That is the problem. We are enemies, certainly. We frankly say, "This civilization is soul-killing." We have to save them, para upakara
- We are isvara. Krsna is also isvara. But He's Paramesvara. Therefore we have named "Godhead" purposefully, not "God." We don't say "Back to God." We say, "Back to Godhead.""Head" means the chief
- We are not advocating meat eating. You do not understand. We are saying that even if you don't eat meat, you cannot decry the arrangement in the Vedas
- We are not mental speculators, that I say some gentleman, "You are animal." No. I see, I know, that he is animal. Therefore I say
- We don't say that you become Christian or Hindu or Muslim or..., no. You become a lover of God
- We don't say that you starve or become weak in health or weak in intelligence. No. You remain quite fit in intelligence and health, but don't be unnecessarily in need
- We don't say that you stop eating meat. You eat meat, but don't take it from slaughterhouse
- We say everyone, "Come and eat." Why he should remain hungry? We invite everyone, "Come here, eat, no charge." We don't charge. Why he should remain hungry? Let us increase this program. All hungry men of Melbourne city, come here
- We say like that, that "Bring all knowledge and compare with Bhagavad-gita's knowledge." Now it is up to you if you accept this or don't accept it. That is not cheating
- We say no meat-eating and no intoxication. So if all people become Krsna conscious and give up drinking and smoking, the big business, breweries and cigarette manufacturers, will be closed
- We say protect cow from economic point of view, krsi-go-raksya-vanijyam. Without saving cows you cannot get good food. Not from the animal point of view. You require milk and milk preparation
- We say that when the life, living entity, is there in the semina and it is put into the woman's womb, then body develops. Therefore, the beginning is the life. This is practical. And this life is the part and parcel of the supreme life
- We say that you follow any religious path. That doesn't matter. We want to see whether you are lover of God. That is our propaganda. And if one is serious about loving God, it doesn't matter in which way he'll develop that dormant love
- We say that, that God is one, and every one of us, we are all servant of God. So let us engage in our original position as servant of God. This is our teaching
- We simply don't say that: "No illicit sex, no intoxication, no, no..." Simply negative is no meaning. There must be something positive. Because everyone wants engagement. That is because we are living entities. We are not dead stone
- We think that we shall be loser by accepting Krsna. Nobody is loser. I say from my practical experience
- What is the use of fourth-class men leading? All fourth-class men. If I say so frankly, people will be very angry
- What is the wrong if I say, "Please chant Hare Krsna"? If you don't chant, that is your choice. There is no difficulty
- What is this research work? This is suffering, spending so much hard-earned money. So one of the cause of, I can say, one of the cause of cancer disease is this contraceptive method. You can make research on it
- What Vyasadeva said, your guru will also say the same thing. Not that "So many hundreds of thousands of years have passed away. Therefore I will give you a new formula." No. There is no new formula
- Whatever guru has said accept it, finally. Ara na kariha mane asa. Don't divert from this. This is the instruction. How you can divert from the instruction of guru?
- When guru speaks, you cannot argue. That is not the process. You should accept a guru who is infallible. Otherwise it is useless. He accepted guru Krsna because Krsna is infallible
- When I say Lord Buddha cheated, we don't mean that Lord Buddha was a cheater like ordinary man. No. He had to accept some means to lead them to God worship
- When I was a child my father gave me one red gun, and then I was not more than eight years. Then, after getting one, I said, "I must have another one"
- When I went to America, I went by ship. So it stopped at the Commonwealth Pier in Boston. So I was thinking that if "I say that 'No illicit sex, meat-eating, intoxication, and gambling,' so these people will immediately say, 'Please go home' "
- When people become godless, there is restriction of supply. Just like practical experience. I am saying from my practical experience that in my childhood I saw that India was exporting millions of tons of rice and wheat
- When we say others are animals, demons, we don't say whimsically, capriciously, no. On the basis of sound knowledge. Therefore our declaration is completely right
- When we say that "You shall not have illicit sex," and their inclination is illicit sex, so therefore it is revolutionary. They are materialistic persons. They want sex enjoyment to the best capacity
- When we say that we give up our ego, this means that we give up our false ego, but real ego is always present
- Where I am spreading or not, that is my business. But I am saying this, that Krsna says you surrender unto Krsna, "Surrender unto Me." I say, "Surrender unto Krsna." Is there any difference?
- Why do we say like that? Why? Why you are bringing physical concept He is a person, He is saying. Why do you say physical, material, and this and that way. He is father
- Why shall I force? That is not my business. I am Krsna's servant. I simply say, "Here is good thing. You take it."
- Why you are coming? I never came to flatter you, neither I never came to say, "Yes, there is no God." I am speaking just opposite, everything opposite. "You are drunkard; no drink. You are illicit sex hunters; no illicit sex"
- Yes, I say fatherland. India, motherland; New York is my fatherland
- Yes, that possibility is always there. But my proposal is that if you are not true Christian, then your preaching will not be effective. I don't say that now we are strictly following and we will not fall down in future. I don't say that
- You are sane, that you do not accept me as President... That is one thing. At least you are not insane. So if I say, "I am God," and you accept, then how much insane you are. Just try to understand
- You ask: "You said when you gave me the name Tusti dasi, 'Now you can be satisfied without eating.' Do you mean that I should eat very little?" Yes in spiritual life one must be careful not to eat more than is required to keep body and soul together
- You can conjecture that "Swamiji may be like this, may be like that, may be...," and if I say, "All right, sit down. I shall explain what I am," then where is the difficulty?
- Your desire to serve me is very praiseworthy. But because I am the humble servant of Krishna I cannot accept any service on my account. So what I say you follow so you may advance in Krishna Con. That is your service and I accept it on behalf of Krishna