Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
happen | happened | happenend | happening | happenings | happenned | happenning | happens
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
Pages in category "Happen"
The following 185 pages are in this category, out of 185 total.
- A brahmana is employed, a ksatriya is employed, a vaisya is employed. Otherwise, if they are unemployed, idle brain, then idle brain will be devil's workshop. That is happening. Because everyone is not employed
- A few cases have happened also that joined, being nice, but all of a sudden drifted from our Society. So Narada Muni advised that even some, sometimes somebody may not continue, but falls down, there is no loss
- A forest fire cannot be extinguished by any human efforts. The fire can be extinguished only by the mercy of the Lord, who sends clouds to pour water on the forest. Similarly, undesirable happenings in life cannot be checked by any number of plans
- A pure devotee has no demand from the Lord. His only concern is to serve the Lord sincerely and seriously, and he is not at all concerned about what will happen in the future
- A Vaisnava is always an object of envy for nondevotees, even when the nondevotee happens to be his father
- Actually, whatever is happening it is due to His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada because personally I am completely incapable
- After exchanging the boy for the girl, he (Vasudeva) returned to the prison of Kamsa and silently put the girl on the lap of Devaki. He again clamped the shackles on himself so that Kamsa could not recognize that so many things had happened
- After He had killed the Kesi demon, Krsna returned to tending the cows with His friends in the forest as though nothing had happened
- After nearly a year, Baladeva observed that all the cowherd boys and calves were expansions of Krsna. Thus He inquired from Krsna and was informed of what had happened
- Akrura happened to be one of the cousins of Kunti; therefore, after meeting him, she began to inquire about her paternal relatives
- Akrura hinted that although Dhrtarastra was ill-treating his nephews, the Pandavas, they happened to be his subjects
- Akrura said, "My dear Lord, all wonderful things that are happening within this world, either in the sky or in the water or on the land, are factually appearing in Your universal form. So when I have seen You, what wonderful things have I not seen"
- All Vedic literatures advise us to approach a bona fide spiritual master to get free from the perplexities of life, which happen without our desire
- Although Thakura Haridasa happened to take his birth in a Muslim family, he was elevated to the post of namacarya by Lord Caitanya due to his rigidly attended principle of chanting three hundred thousand holy names of the Lord daily
- Although the fighting between Krsna and Jambavan went on for twenty-eight days, the inhabitants of Dvaraka waited outside the tunnel for twelve days, and after that they decided that something undesirable must have happened
- Although within His heart Caitanya Mahaprabhu knew everything that was happening, externally He did not disclose it. Nor did He disclose that He knew He was talking with King Prataparudra
- An intelligent man does not try to understand the Absolute Truth by speculative or mystic power. Rather, he engages in devotional service & depends on the S.P. of God. He knows that whatever may happen to the body is due to his past fruitive activities
- An unchaste woman is very easily carried away by paramours, and it sometimes happens that her husband is violently killed by her paramours. If the yogi gives his mind a chance and does not restrain it...
- Anyone in the mode of goodness who happens to hear this Mayavada philosophy falls down, for when I (Siva as Sankaracarya) teach Mayavada philosophy I say that the living entity and the Supreme Lord are one and the same
- Anyone with a material body cannot remember his past life, nor can he foretell his future life, nor can he predict the outcome of his present life; therefore he cannot know what is happening in past, present and future
- As she (Rukmini) was adjusting the ornaments on a finger of her left hand, she happened to look upon the princes and suddenly saw that Krsna was present amongst them
- As soon as there is some catastrophe, millions of such dollars could not buy bread. This actually happened in Germany; millions of marks could not purchase one piece of bread. All this is going on in the name of advancement of civilization
- As soon as there was some disturbance in Dvaraka, people considered the cause to be the absence of an auspicious personality in the city. Thus there was a rumor that because of the absence of Akrura inauspicious things were happening
- As soon as this happened, the Vaisnavas standing there all loudly chanted, "Haribol!" and the priest, Gosani dasa, brought me the garland and put it around my neck
- Balarama also embraced Krsna, but He was laughing because when everyone else had been so overwhelmed with anxiety, He had known what would happen to Krsna
- Because one happens to take birth in a brahmana family, without any qualification, he claims to become a brahmana. That is the falldown of Vedic civilization in India. A rascal number one, he's claiming that he's brahmana - without any qualification
- Because there is no logic to explain how things happen in the realm of spirit, the Lord is sometimes described as being beyond the range of experience
- Befooling themselves and befooling others. But you cannot do it. You cannot do anything. Why you are worried? We are not worried. We are confident that everything will happen by nature's course
- Before the awakening of the watchmen and the others in the prison house, many other things happened
- Brahma could not grasp what was happening. Which boys were real, and which were not real? Brahma was unable to come to any definite conclusion. He pondered the matter for a long while
- Brahma said, "Krsna, the cosmic manifestation that we are visualizing at present is all within Your body. Yet I am seeing You outside, and You are also seeing me outside. How can such things happen without being influenced by Your inconceivable energy?"
- Brahma said, "My dear Lord, leaving aside all other things and just considering today’s happenings - what I have seen - are they not all due to Your inconceivable energies?"
- But those who are thinking very poorly, without any advanced knowledge, atheist, they think that everything is coming automatically. They say there is no isvara, supreme ruler, and everything is happening by nature
- Cara means the moving animals, especially the cows. When Krsna was present, He delivered all the trees, monkeys and other plants and animals who happened to see Him and serve Him, both in Vrndavana and in Dvaraka
- Concerning the set of Srimad-Bhagavatams that Dr. Tripati gave us in Aligarh, I happen to know that the complete set should not cost more than Rs. 700, like that. And besides that, the paper may be so brittle that it may be useless
- Even if you are unsuccessful, you must know it firmly that without Krsna's desire, nothing can happen. If you are unsuccessful, then you should.... That is Krsna conscious....
- Even in the most hopeless case, without medical treatment, a patient is cured astonishingly. Therefore the conclusion is that God's sanction is the immediate cause for all happenings, good or bad
- Even the Brahman effulgence, rests on the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna. He is the knower of everything that is happening in this world, and if knowledge has any end, He is the end of all knowledge; therefore He is the known and the knowable
- Everyone who happens to take his birth in India is a potential benefactor of others, because it is on Indian soil alone that the culture of transcendental knowledge has been most elaborately presented, from ancient times to the present
- Everything happening within time, which consists of past, present and future, is merely a dream. That is the secret understanding in all Vedic literature
- Everything is happening because of our association with the modes of material nature. Therefore one who is my friend today in association with the mode of goodness may be my enemy tomorrow in association with the modes of passion and ignorance
- God's energies are multi-energies, varieties of energies, and the energies are so perfect that svabhaviki jnana-bala-kriya ca: everything is happening automatically. So that is actually life
- Guru Maharaja liked me. I know. By his blessing it is, everything has happened. I was not worth. What did I...? I do not know why he liked. I was not worth. There were so many disciples. And still, he liked me
- He (Akrura) related the things which had happened after the disclosure by Narada that Krsna was the son of Vasudeva, hidden by Vasudeva in the house of Nanda Maharaja. Akrura narrated all the stories regarding Kamsa
- He (Krsna) is the knower of everything that is happening in this world, and if knowledge has any end, He is the end of all knowledge; therefore He is the known and the knowable
- He (Krsna) knew everything that had happened in connection with Akrura's conspiracy with Satadhanva. Therefore, He smilingly began to speak to Akrura
- He (Vidura) passed through very wealthy provinces like Surat, Sauvira and Matsya and through western India, known as Kurujangala. At last he reached the bank of the Yamuna, where he happened to meet Uddhava, the great devotee of Lord Krsna
- He very intelligently appointed Krsna as his spiritual master. Because everyone is in perplexity about the problem of life. So this very thing happened to Arjuna, and he wanted to go to spiritual master for solution
- His (Baby Pradyumna's) eyes were just like the petals of lotus flowers, and his arms were long, reaching down to his knees; any woman who happened to see him was captivated by his bodily beauty
- I am not at all pleased at what they have done, but if they return let us forget what has happened and go forward
- I am surprised to see one item: withdrawal of $10.08 (ten dollars and eight cents) on the 16th December, 1969. I have not withdrawn anything, so how it so happens?
- I came in New York in such condition, but by the grace of my spiritual master Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami Maharaja, and by the grace of Krsna, everything happens by combined mercy of Krsna and spiritual master
- I can understand that previously there must have been some quarrel amongst you and that sometimes happens amongst god-brothers. Whatever is done is done
- I have given in writing. My will, my executive power, everything. Disaster will happen if you cannot manage it
- I was very much shocked to learn that you have again met with some motor accident on the way, and perhaps this is the second time you have broken your leg. So I do not know why such things are happening
- I wish that all those calamities would happen again and again so that we could see You again and again, for seeing You means that we will no longer see repeated births and deaths
- If by the evolutionary process of philosophical life one happens to reach the platform of intellectual life and understands that he is not this material body but a spiritual soul, he is situated in the vijnana-maya stage
- If something happens by providential arrangement, we should not be very sorry. The more we try to rectify such reversals, the more we enter into the darkest region of materialistic thought
- If Vaisnava appears in a family, he liberates not only his father, but his father, his father, his father, his father, in that way. But that is the best service to the family, to become Krsna conscious. Actually, it has happened
- If you are going on as a happening program to the church, to the temple, or to the mosque, but there is no spontaneous attraction for hearing about God, then it is simply labor, simply waste of time, that's all
- If you are unsuccessful, you must know it firmly that without Krsna's desire, nothing can happen. If you are unsuccessful, then you should.... That is Krsna conscious.... You should know also that "It is Krsna's desire." It is Krsna's desire
- If you think that "Now I am Krsna conscious. Whatever I do, it is right," then it is great sin. But accidentally it happens. That is excused
- Impersonal speculators are promoted to the impersonal Brahman effulgence; but it sometimes so happens that a miscreant like Ajamila is immediately promoted to the Vaikunthaloka simply by chanting the name of Narayana
- In Rupa Gosvami's Lalita-madhava, it is said: "One day Krsna happened to see the shadow of His beautiful form reflected on the jeweled foreground. Upon seeing this bodily reflection, He expressed His feelings"
- In spite of so much hard labor, at the end we find disappointment. Bha means bhaya, or fear. In material life, one is always in the blazing fire of fear, since no one knows what will happen next
- In the Krsna consciousness movement, everything is happening according to the predictions of Lord Caitanya, but the credit goes to Lord Caitanya's sincere servants
- In the material world, if you give service you become tired. But transcendental world, if you give service, you more become enthusiastic. Yes, more service. That is happening. I do not pay these boys. Rather, they pay me, and they engage the service
- In the meantime he (Vrkasura) happened to meet the great sage Narada and consulted with him as to whom he should approach to achieve quick results from his austerity
- It had happened that when King Jarasandha conquered all other kingdoms, many kings did not bow their heads before Jarasandha, and consequently all of them, numbering twenty thousand, were arrested and made his prisoners
- It has been my desire to open 108 branches of our society all over the world and due to the sincere efforts of devotees such as your good self, it is actually happening
- It is a big establishment and sometimes disagreement happens and I am helpless. I am enquiring from Mayapur why you were asked to leave there. If you want to take initiation from Madhava Gosvami Maharaja I have no objection
- It is learned that this rsi (Bharadvaja), while taking bath in the Ganges, happened to meet Ghrtaci, one of the beautiful society girls of heaven, and thus he discharged semen, which was kept and preserved in an earthen pot and from which Drona was born
- It is not that everyone's father becomes a ghost, but the oblations of pinda are offered to the lotus feet of Lord Visnu so that if a family member happens to become a ghost, he will be favored with a gross body
- Kamsa called all his counselors together & narrated the incidents that happened the night before. All the counselors of Kamsa were demons & eternal enemies of the demigods, so they became depressed upon hearing their master speak of the night’s events
- King Prthu addresses the Lord (Krsna), saying, "My dear Lord, it may happen that the goddess of fortune becomes dissatisfied with my work"
- Krsna continued, "If one happens to meet a great devotee, a mahatma who is a representative of the Personality of Godhead, one is immediately purified"
- Krsna said, "How could that happen? My brother, Lord Balarama, is there, and it is impossible for anyone to conquer Balaramaji. He is in charge of Dvaraka City, and I know He is always alert"
- Kuntidevi said, "My dear brother (Vasudeva), I am very unfortunate because not one of my desires has ever been fulfilled; otherwise how could it happen that although I have such a saintly brother as you, perfect in all respects"
- Lord Balarama continued, “One's consciousness in material existence can be compared to sleeping, dreaming. When a man sleeps, he dreams of many nonfactual happenings, as a result of dreaming he becomes subject to different kinds of distress & happiness"
- Lord Caitanya accepted Haridasa Thakura as His disciple, although Haridasa happened to be born of a Muhammadan family, and Lord Caitanya later on made him the acarya of the chanting of the holy name of the Lord
- Lord Visnu is omniscient, and He therefore knew what would happen at Daksa's sacrificial arena. For this reason neither Narayana nor Lord Brahma attended the great sacrifice performed by Daksa
- Maitreya hesitated to state this anomaly on the part of Brahma, who was sexually inclined to his own daughter, but still he mentioned it because sometimes it so happens, and the living example is Brahma himself, although he is the primeval living being
- Many people unnecessarily talk of the daily happenings in the newspapers and pass the time without any profit. A devotee, however, does not indulge in unnecessary talks of politics or economics
- Many Swamis before me came in the Western countries, they say nobody could act so wonderfully as I am doing. Perhaps it is right. But I do not know how such things are happening. The only reason can be adduced is I am presenting Bhagavad-gita as it is
- Mother Yasoda could understand that Krsna was unnecessarily afraid, and for His benefit she wanted to allay His fears. Being the topmost well-wisher of her child, Yasoda thought, "If the child is too fearful of me, I don’t know what will happen to Him"
- Mother Yasoda was smiling, but she was astonished. How was it happening? In attempting to bind her son (Krsna), she became tired. She was perspiring, and the garland on her head fell down
- Mukunda sang, "My dear intimate friend! What has not happened to Me! Due to the effects of the poison of love for Krsna, My body and mind have been severely afflicted"
- My only business is to serve Krsna. I don't mind what will happen next
- Nanda Maharaja cried for help, "This serpent is swallowing me!", all the cowherd men got up and saw what was happening. They immediately took up burning logs and began to beat the snake to kill it
- Nanda Maharaja recalled the prophecy of Vasudeva and considered him a great sage and mystic yogi; otherwise, how could he have foretold an incident that happened during his absence from Vrndavana?
- Narada, like Vidura, did not disclose the imminent annihilation of the Yadu dynasty, but indirectly gave a hint to the King and his brothers to wait till the incident happened and the Lord departed
- New Indian government being independent, they are prohibiting to send some Murtis and mrdangas. So it is all our bad luck that these things are happening
- Nobody's married timely, either boys or girls. And nobody's secure. Nobody knows what will happen next moment. This is called Kali-yuga
- Not caring what will happen in the next birth, gross materialists are simply busy enjoying during the present short span of life. A Vaisnava is always anxious to give all such bewildered materialists the real happiness of spiritual bliss
- Not only is the chanter of the maha-mantra purified, but the heart of anyone who happens to hear the transcendental vibration of Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare is also cleansed
- Now, when he (the brahmana) looked at his finger, he saw that it was burnt, and he was wondering in astonishment how this could have happened
- Once the Lord mistook the forest on the bank of the river Godavari to be Vrndavana. In that place He happened to meet Ramananda Raya
- Once upon a time, King Pariksit’s grandfather Arjuna, the great hero, was visiting several holy places of pilgrimage, and while thus traveling all over he happened to come to Prabhasa-ksetra
- One should not commit sinful activities on the strength of having surrendered to Krsna. However, even if one who has surrendered to Krsna happens to do something sinful because of his former habits, such sinful actions no longer have a destructive effect
- Real subject matter - what will happen to the soul - that is real, important. But whole world, they do not know what is the important platform. All rascals, they are concerned with this body. That is not wonderful; that is natural
- Regarding Sri Beni Madho Temple, I have already advised Sri Acarya Omkar Giri to see my friend Dr. G. Ghosh of Allahabad, for making a Deed of Gift. But I have not heard anything further in the negotiation. Perhaps you can let me know what has transpired
- Regarding your vision of Lord Vishnu and your flying in the sky - do not be too much dreaming. It may or may not have happened. If you want to advance in a practical, tangible way, practice the rules and regulations
- Saintly persons are quite ready to visit the house of a poor man or a man who is attached to material family life. When this happens, the owner of the house and his servants are glorified because they offer water for washing the feet of a saintly person
- Sanatana Gosvami then went to the house of Candrasekhara and sat down by the door. Understanding what was happening, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu spoke to Candrasekhara
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya knew this would happen, and thus to rectify My heart, which is very hard, he asked Me to meet you
- Similarly, Sanaka, Sanatana, Sananda & Sanat-kumara were all in the category of wise, saintly persons, and they were also attracted by devotional service. A similar thing happened to the assemblage in the Naimisaranya forest, headed by the sage Saunaka
- So many things happening in your body; are you aware of all these things?
- So this eagerness to have Krsna, that eagerness is even impossible. It is simply happened by the mercy of Krsna and His devotee
- So this Krsna consciousness movement is trying to impregnate or push this movement throughout the world through the mercy of Sri Krsna Caitanya. And actually it is happening
- So-called scientists try to prove that there is no God and that everything is happening because of the laws of nature, but this is imperfect knowledge because nothing can work unless directed by the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Sometimes it happens that a most virtuous person like Vasudeva has to flatter a person like Kamsa, a most vicious person. That is the way of all diplomatic transactions. Although Vasudeva was deeply aggrieved, he smiled outwardly
- Sometimes it happens that one's father accumulates wealth by illegal ways, and the son takes away the money, although it is hard-earned by the father, just as a small fish in the ocean eats the material body of a large, old fish
- Sometimes it so happens that one who wants to chastise Krsna utters the holy name, and thus the holy name becomes the cause of his liberation
- Sometimes the members of the Krsna Consciousness Society are afraid of the impending danger of world war and ask what would happen to them if a war should occur
- Srimad-Bhagavatam is the repetition of history which happened some hundreds of millions of years ago. As it was said hereinbefore, only the most important factors of history are picked up to be recorded in this transcendental literature
- That is happening now in this Kali-yuga generally. Big, big court justice, magistrate, they are giving favorable judgment, being bribed. This is Kali-yuga
- That purity is said, adau sraddha: "Beginning is faith." Now tato sadhu-sangah: "You mix with faithful men." Then it will develop. Otherwise, if you take simply initiation and then sleep, then faith will be lost. That is happening
- The brahmana is considered to be the spiritual master or priest for the ksatriya and vaisya. Nanda Maharaja happened to be a vaisya, and he accepted Garga Muni as a first-class brahmana
- The Brahmana said, "These are the words of Princess Rukmini, 'My dear Krsna, O infallible, most beautiful one, any human being who happens to hear about Your transcendental form, pastimes immediately absorbs through his ears Your name, fame & qualities"
- The demon (Vrkasura) was greatly pacified by the sweet words of Lord Narayana in the form of a brahmacari, and at last he disclosed all that had happened in regard to the benediction offered by Lord Siva
- The descriptions of the Bhagavatam are so precise and accurate that whatever has been predicted in this great literature about five thousand years ago is now exactly happening
- The duty of the sane person is to be undisturbed by worldly calamities, which are sure to happen in all circumstances
- The elderly brahmana said, "How can I undo the promise I made in a holy place while on pilgrimage? Whatever may happen, I must give him my daughter in charity"
- The hills and mountains began to produce potent medicinal plants and valuable stones. Because of Krsna's presence, all these things happened very nicely, and the lower animals, who were generally envious of one another, were envious no longer
- The human race has descended to the qualitative status of the dogs, who are habituated to barking as soon as they come upon another set of dogs who happen to hail from another quarter
- The incident that happened today was a great obstacle for Me, but you have kindly relieved Me of it
- The left side of my (Maharaja Yudhisthira's) body, my thighs, arms and eyes are all quivering again and again. I am having heart palpitations due to fear. All this indicates undesirable happenings
- The Lord remained there because He was very eager to receive the remnants of sweet rice offered to the Gopinatha Deity, having heard a narration from His spiritual master, Isvara Puri, of what had once happened there
- The Lord said, On this earth there are many living entities, some moving and some not moving. What will happen to the trees, plants, insects and other living entities? How will they be delivered from material bondage
- The Nagapatnis said: O Lord, You can see perfectly all the activities happening in every moment, in every hour, in every day, in every month, in every year, past, present & future
- The personified Vedas continued, "Although You have no eyes, You can see whatever happens in the past, present and future. Although You have no ears, You can hear everything that is said"
- The police and Government men will gradually understand us and naturally their harassment will diminish. The same thing is happening everywhere. So prepare excellent literatures, that will enhance our prestige
- The prostitute returned to Ramacandra Khan and informed him of what had happened. The next day she came earlier, at the beginning of the evening, and stayed with Haridasa Thakura
- The relatives unanimously said, "If you give your daughter to that boy, we shall give up all connection with you." Indeed, his wife and sons declared, "If such a thing happens, we shall take poison and die"
- The rose seed, there will be rose tree. Bela seed, there will be bela tree. So how it is happening? The same ground, the same water, and seed also looks like the same, but it is coming out differently. How it is possible?
- The sadhu-sanga is very important. Therefore we have created this internal society, International Society so that actually it is happening
- The sound of the bow cracking filled both sky and land and was heard by Kamsa. When Kamsa heard what had happened, he began to fear for his life
- The Vedic system of human life is divided into eight departmental activities, and that is going on under the name of Hinduism. It is now broken and degraded and so many things have happened
- The vibration of Lord Krsna's conchshell sounded like a thunderbolt at the time of the dissolution of the whole cosmic manifestation. The demon Mura heard the vibration of the conchshell, awakened from his sleep and came out to see what had happened
- The word brahma-bandhu is significant. A person who happens to take birth in the family of a brahmana but is not qualified to be called a brahmana is addressed as the relative of a brahmana, and not as a brahmana
- The younger brahmana replied, "My dear sir, please hear me. You are saying something very unusual. Such a thing never happens"
- There is no brain in this artistic work. And how wonderfully, because it is automatically coming, artist. Anything you take, flower. So, without brain how this thing can happen? But these rascals, they do not understand
- They (the inhabitants of Dvaraka) could not understand for certain what had actually happened, and being very sorry and tired they returned to the city of Dvaraka
- They (the inhabitants of Gokula) were very much perturbed because such uncommon incidents were always happening to child Krsna
- They assured the crowd that they had seen how it happened with their own eyes, and they strongly asserted the point. Some were listening to the statement of the small children, but others said, “How can you believe the statements of these children?”
- This actually happened to Dhrtarastra after the end of the Battle of Kuruksetra
- This calculation of one year is history but the summer and winter seasons are also eternal. There is a saying, "History repeats itself." Why make a distinction between history and eternity. Things are happening eternally; this is history
- This description of the Kali-yuga is given in the Srimad-Bhagavatam. This is called sastra. This Srimad-Bhagavatam was written five thousand years ago when the Kali-yuga was to begin. Now, what will happen in future, everything is given there
- This means that He never dies. Forgetfulness is due to death. As we die, we change our bodies and forget. Krsna, however, is never forgetful. He can remember everything that has happened in the past
- This offense at the lotus feet of an exalted devotee has resulted in a wonderful narration. Taking advantage of the opportunity afforded by these incidents, I shall explain what happened. O devotees, please listen
- This prediction (that later there would be dancing and chanting in every village) of Sri Nityananda Prabhu's is applicable not only in India but also all over the world. That is now happening by His grace
- Those who have faith in and devotion to Krsna can understand that these things happen so wonderfully by the grace of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Thus expanding Himself as the boys and calves in their individual capacities, and surrounded by such expansions of Himself, Krsna entered the village of Vrndavana. The residents had no knowledge of what had happened
- To become Krsna conscious is possible by everyone. And actually, it is happening. We are preaching this Krsna consciousness movement all over the world
- To give something to someone and then to take it back is considered a great sin, especially in dealing with a brahmana. When both brahmanas charged the King with the same complaint, he was simply puzzled as to how it had happened
- Too much wealth makes one blind. This happens even to Indra in his heavenly kingdom, and what to speak of others in this material world?
- Try to convince Gaurasundara and Siddha-svarupa to return to ISKCON and let us forget whatever has happened in the past
- Vedic literatures advise us to approach a bona fide spiritual master to get free from the perplexities of life, which happen without our desire. They are like a forest fire that somehow blazes without being set by anyone
- Visvamitra Muni controlled the senses by yogic trance, but when he happened to meet Menaka (a heavenly society woman), he became a victim of sex, and the artificial way of controlling the senses failed
- We should train our disciples as well as ourselves in such a spirit that even if the whole world is against us, which is impossible to happen, the Sankirtana Movement must be pushed on without any reference to archeological evidence
- What will happen in future, that is no consideration. In future, everyone may fall and everyone may become elevated. But we have to take his present situation, what he is at present
- Whatever happened during those years that is worth noting shall be described later
- When a living being is perfect, he is aware of everything that happens, and since the Supreme Person is all-perfect, it is quite natural that He knows everything in all detail
- When all the members of the Kuru dynasty saw that their city was about to fall into the water of the Ganges, and when they heard their citizens howling in great anxiety, they immediately came to their senses and understood what was happening
- When Balarama saw this extraordinary exchange of affection between the cows & the calves and between the fathers and their children - when neither the calves nor children needed so much care - He began to wonder why this extraordinary thing had happened
- When Jayadratha was going to marry in the Salyadesa, on the way to Kamyavana he happened to see Draupadi again and was too much attracted to her
- When Lord Sri Krsna happens to see Srimati Radharani decorated with these lalita ornaments, They both eagerly want to meet each other
- When something uncommon happens in one's progressive spiritual life, it should be understood to be incurred by ajnata-sukrti, or pious activities beyond one's knowledge
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu fell down, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya happened to see Him. When the watchman threatened to beat the Lord, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya immediately forbade him
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was thus unconscious, He happened to meet the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Consequently He got up and immediately made a tumultuous sound, very loudly declaring, "Now Krsna, the great personality, is present"
- When the boys saw that the brahmanas would not reply to them even with a simple yes or no, they became very much disappointed. They then returned to Lord Krsna and Balarama and explained everything that had happened
- When the brahmana (Sudama) saw his position suddenly changed to one of opulence, and when he could not determine the cause for such a sudden change, he began to consider very gravely how it had happened
- When the demigods were deprived of their heavenly kingdom, they went to the assembly house of Lord Brahma and informed Lord Brahma of what had happened
- When the taxes accumulate into a large sum of money, they are utilized for the welfare of the citizens in various ways. Nonetheless, sometimes it happens that the benefits of the taxes fall like rains on stone-hearted men in the state
- When we see wonderful things happening in the cosmic nature, we should know that behind this cosmic manifestation there is a controller. Nothing could be manifested without being controlled
- Where is your counteracting medicine for stopping death and disease? Disease is happening. You cannot make, manufacture any medicine that one tablet I take, I shall never be diseased or I shall never die. That is not possible
- Wherever you may go, our main business is service to Krsna & awkward circumstances may happen anywhere, & we should be able to hold up to all such circumstances, steadfastly we will go on with our business of service to Lord Krsna
- While they were thus enjoying themselves in the water, all of a sudden Narada, the great sage, happened to pass that way. He could understand that the demigods Nalakuvara and Manigriva were too much intoxicated and could not even see that he was passing
- While this was happening, Balarama, who is the master of all knowledge, stood there simply smiling. He knew how powerful His younger brother was & that there was no cause for anxiety when Krsna was fighting with an ordinary serpent of the material world
- You can know this world is now managed by the raksasas. Raksasa. They don't mind what is happening. They are prepared to sacrifice everything for fulfilling their whimsical nonsense. They are called raksasa
- You cannot see God by your own way. That is not possible. Then you will remain always blind. That is happening at the present moment. The so-called philosophers and scientists, they are trying to see God in their own way
- You chant Hare Krsna and go back to home, back to Godhead. Don't consider what will happen to this world. The nature will take care of it
- You will come out triumphant of all others. Actually that is happening. What we are doing? We are not playing any magic. How this Krsna consciousness movement is increasing?