Category:Happened To Be
"happen to be"|"happens to be"|"happened to be"
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Krsna Happened To Be (6 P)
Pages in category "Happened To Be"
The following 46 pages are in this category, out of 46 total.
- After Krsna returned from His teacher's home, He was pleased to see Uddhava, who happened to be His dearmost friend. Krsna wanted to send him to Vrndavana with a message to the residents to pacify their deep feelings of separation
- After testing Lord Brahma, Bhrgu Muni went directly to the Mount Kailasa, where Lord Siva resides. Bhrgu Muni happened to be Lord Siva's brother. Therefore, as soon as Bhrgu Muni approached, Lord Siva was very glad and personally rose to embrace him
- Aghasura happened to be the younger brother of Putana and Bakasura, and he thought, "Krsna has killed my brother and sister. Now I shall kill Him along with all His friends and calves." Aghasura was instigated by Kamsa, so he had come with determination
- Arjuna considers that the son of his great teacher should be spared, for he happens to be the son of Dronacarya, even though he is an unworthy son, having done all sorts of heinous acts whimsically for no one's benefit
- As soon as Asvatthama was brought before Draupadi, she thought it intolerable that a brahmana should be arrested like a culprit and brought before her in that condition, especially when the brahmana happened to be a teacher's son
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu appeared to introduce this system of Hare Krsna mantra, chanting of the holy name of God, and He appointed this Haridasa Thakura, who happened to be a Muhammadan
- Candrasekhara happened to be a friend of Tapana Misra's, and he was long known to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu as His servant. He was a physician by caste, and by profession he was a clerk. At the time he was living in Varanasi
- He (Arjuna) is encouraged herein personally by the Lord (Krsna) to kill the son of Drona, but Arjuna considers that the son of his great teacher should be spared, for he happens to be the son of Dronacarya, even though he is an unworthy son
- Her (Rukmini's) eldest brother wanted her to be given away to King Sisupala, who happened to be a cousin of Krsna
- Hiranyakasipus are always inimical with the devotees of the Lord even if such devotee happens to be a son. Hiranyakasipu persecuted Prahlada although he was a boy of 5 years old and a beloved son of Hiranyakasipu
- Human reason fails to understand how by serving the devotee Bhagavata or the book one gets gradual promotion on the path of devotion. But actually these are facts explained by Srila Naradadeva, who happened to be a maidservant's son in his previous life
- If a bird happened to even pass over the spot, it would immediately die and fall down into the water. Due to the poisonous effect of the Yamuna’s vapors, the trees and grass near the bank of the Yamuna had all dried up
- If the devotee happens to be a very poor man, the Lord will accept even the most meager offering. The worship of Lord Visnu or Krsna is very simple, and it can be executed by anyone in this world
- If the enemy happened to be intoxicated, asleep, etc., as above mentioned, he was never to be killed. These are some of the codes of religious war
- In Hajipura there was a gentlemen named Srikanta, who happened to be the husband of Sanatana Gosvami's sister
- Kamsa had two queens, Asti and Prapti, and both happened to be the daughters of King Jarasandha
- King Sisupala was the monarch of the Cedi Kingdom, and although he happened to be a cousin of Krsna's, he was always envious of Him. Whenever they would meet, Sisupala would try to insult Krsna and call Him ill names as much as possible
- King Ugrasena was the overlord of many dynasties and happened to be the grandfather of Krsna, so Krsna asked Satrajit to present the Syamantaka jewel to King Ugrasena
- Maharaja Anga was very pure because of the purification of semen in the family of Maharaja Dhruva. However, his semen became contaminated in association with his wife, Sunitha, who happened to be the daughter of death personified
- Maharaja Anga's semen became contaminated in association with his wife, Sunitha, who happened to be the daughter of death personified. Because of this polluted semen, King Vena was produced. This was a catastrophe in the family of Dhruva Maharaja
- Maharaja Pariksit felt proud, therefore, that he happened to be the descendant of such great devotees. Such pride for the devotees of the Lord is certainly not equal to the puffed-up sense of vanity for material prosperity
- Maya happens to be the wife of Lord Siva, and thus Lord Siva is in association with maya, but Lord Visnu here assures Lord Siva that this maya will no longer be able to captivate him
- Parasurama instructed the Dhanur-veda, or the science of fighting, to Dronacarya because he happened to be a brahmana. He was present during the coronation of Maharaja Yudhisthira, and he celebrated the function along with other great rsis
- Pariksit inquired from Sukadeva, "How had he achieved so much power that instantly, by his glance, Kalayavana was burned to ashes? How did he happen to be lying down in the cave of the hill?" He put many questions before Sukadeva
- Prahlada Maharaja had his father killed by Lord Nrsimha-deva, setting the example that even a father should be removed from the path of devotional service if such a father happens to be an obstacle
- Sati's mother (Prasuti) could understand how much Sati had been pained by the insult of her father. Sati had been present along with the other daughters, and Daksa had purposely received all of them but her because she happened to be the wife of Lord Siva
- Satrajit happened to be the father-in-law of Krsna, and it is the injunction of the sastras that one who is guru-druha, who has rebelled against a superior person, must be punished in proportion to the severity of the offense
- Sri Bilvamangala Thakura, a great acarya of the Visnu Svami Vaisnava sect, in his householder life was overly attached to a prostitute who happened to be a devotee of the Lord
- Sri Madhavendra Puri had many renowned disciples, such as Nityananda Prabhu, Advaita Prabhu and Isvara Puri. Isvara Puri happened to be the spiritual master of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Srila Naradadeva happened to be a maidservant's son in his previous life. The maidservant was engaged in the menial service of the sages, and thus he also came into contact with them
- Sukadeva answered Pariksit, "My dear King, this person was born in the very great family of King Iksvaku, in which Lord Ramacandra was also born, and he happened to be the son of a great king known as Mandhata"
- The demon harasses the devotee, even though the latter may happen to be his kin. Although Prahlada Maharaja was the son of Hiranyakasipu, he was nonetheless persecuted by his father
- The gopis continued, "Surely He (Krsna) has nothing to do with persons who do not happen to be His family members. Friendships with those outside the family continue as long as there is some selfish interest in them"
- The husband of one's sister is considered one's brother. By that social relationship, Lord Siva happened to be the younger brother of Kasyapa
- The material energy is represented by goddess Durga, and because Lord Siva happens to be her husband, goddess Durga is completely under his subjugation
- The ways and means were envisaged by the liberated souls and especially by the sages of India, and I am proud to feel that Lord Buddha happened to be an Indian and we worship Him as incarnation of Godhead
- They (mayayapahrta-jnana class of men) will agree to worship an ordinary man if he happens to be rich, but they will never worship the Personality of Godhead