Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
disturb | disturbed | disturbers | disturbing | disturbs
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
- ► Krsna's Disturbing (14 P)
- ► My Disturbances (Prabhupada) (26 P)
- ► Not Disturbed (99 P)
- ► Our Disturbances (Disciples of SP) (70 P)
- ► Undisturbed (1 C, 57 P)
Pages in category "Disturb"
The following 219 pages are in this category, out of 219 total.
- A child may insist on having something and cry like anything to get it, disturbing the whole neighborhood, and then immediately after achieving the desired thing, he laughs. Such crying and laughing is enjoyable to the parents
- A crane stands on the edge of a pond that is always disturbed by flowing water, mud, and stones. The crane is like a householder who is disturbed in the shelter of his home but who, because of too much attachment, does not want to change his position
- A devotee should lead a very simple life and not be disturbed by the duality of opposing elements. He should learn to tolerate them
- A fully Krsna conscious person is not at all disturbed by the onslaughts of the threefold miseries, for he accepts all miseries as the mercy of the Lord, thinking himself only worthy of more trouble due to his past misdeeds
- A person can keep stacks of cow dung in one place, and it will not create a bad odor to disturb anyone
- A person who does not disturb or cause painful action in the mind of any living entity, who treats everyone just like a loving father does his children, whose heart is so pure, certainly very soon becomes favored by the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- A sudra means he becomes disturbed. He becomes disturbed: "Oh, I have no employment. How shall I eat? Where shall I go? Where shall I live?" He has no faith in Krsna
- A woman should have a few children and in this way not be disturbing to the man. Unfortunately, if the man becomes attracted to the woman simply for sex enjoyment, then family life becomes abominable
- According to the Ayur-vedic system, when the secretion of bile and formation of mucus disturb the air circulating within the body, fifty-nine varieties of diseases may occur. One such disease is craziness
- After being initiated and receiving the orders of the spiritual master, the disciple should unhesitatingly think about the instructions or orders of the spiritual master and should not allow himself to be disturbed by anything else
- Aggressive materialistic warriors are actually punished by the Supreme Lord for their policy of unnecessarily disturbing world peace
- All the inhabitants of Vrndavana, being disturbed, began to search out Krsna by following the impression of His footprints on the ground, and thus they moved hastily toward the bank of the Yamuna
- All these poor creatures are constantly perplexed by hunger, thirst, severe cold, secretion and bile, attacked by coughing winter, blasting summer, rains and many other disturbing elements, and overwhelmed by strong sex urges and indefatigable anger
- Although maya may be present, it cannot disturb a devotee once he attains the bhava stage. This is because the devotee can see the real position of maya
- An inordinate desire for economic development is considered to be like straws and grains of sand within the heart. If one is overly engaged in material activity, the heart will always remain disturbed
- Another gopi said, "For the Vaisnavas, Your (Krsna's) words give transcendental pleasure, and saintly persons who are engaged in distributing Your transcendental message all over the world are first-class charitable persons"
- Anyone, so-called spiritualist or transcendentalist, if he is claiming that "There is no God," "I am God," "There is voidness," these are all disturbing positions, different symptoms of this disease of maya. It is disease
- Arjuna trees are still found in many forests, and their skin is used by cardiologists to prepare medicine for heart trouble. This means that even though they are trees, they are disturbed when skinned for medical science
- As I feel pains and pleasure on account of some disturbance on this body, similarly, as soon as we create some disturbance with this universal atmosphere, the supreme consciousness is disturbed
- As long as one has the material body, the demands of the body for sense gratification will continue. The devotee, however, is not disturbed by such desires, because of his fullness
- As usual, there were transcendental blissful symptoms in Caitanya Mahaprabhu's body. He perspired and trembled, and a constant flow of tears fell from His eyes. But the Lord checked these tears so they would not disturb His seeing the face of the Lord
- As we have already explained, the basic principle of Krsna consciousness is to always think of Krsna. One should not be disturbed in material loss, but, rather, should concentrate his mind upon the lotus feet of the Lord
- At present, compared to other countries on earth, India is artificially disturbed. Despite these material disturbances, however, the country's culture is such that one can easily attain the goal of life - namely salvation
- At that time the whole tract of land in Vrndavana was being disturbed by the rains sent by Indra, as described elsewhere above
- At the present moment our mind is so disturbed, we are disturbed in so many ways. Meditation is not possible in this age. Maybe there may be one or two persons who can meditate. The real meditation means to think of Krsna
- Balarama said, "I do not think we should disturb our good relationship; we should continue our friendship without any unnecessary fighting. Please, therefore, immediately release Samba and bring him, along with his wife, Laksmana, before Me"
- Bali said, "My conclusion is that when I have taken shelter of Your (Krsna's) lotus feet I shall never be disturbed in any condition of life"
- Bali said, "Whether You (Krsna) give me the opportunity to enjoy all the yogic perfections or You put me into the most abominable condition of hellish life, I shall never be disturbed"
- Because of the material body, every living entity in material existence is always disturbed by sad-guna, six whips - hunger, thirst, lamentation, illusion, invalidity and death
- Because of their poor fund of knowledge, the materialists are disturbed when there is an apparent increase of population on the earth. Whenever there is a living being on the earth, however, his subsistence is immediately arranged by the Lord
- Because the conditioned soul is always disturbed by the bodily necessities such as hunger and thirst, he has very little time to cultivate attachment to hearing the nectarean words of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Before hearing the Bhagavad-gita, Arjuna was disturbed by the material whirlpool, by his affection for his family, society and community. Thus Arjuna wanted to become a philanthropic, nonviolent man of the world
- Being greatly disturbed by the absence of Krsna, they (the gopis) simply thought all day and night about His pastimes and thus derived some consolation
- By inducing a prostitute to disturb Haridasa Thakura, Ramacandra Khan caused a seed of offense at his lotus feet to germinate. This seed later became a tree, and when it fructified, Ramacandra Khan ate its fruits
- By practice, one should avoid eating in such a way that other living entities will be disturbed and suffer
- By the grace of God such a devotee gets sufficient strength to defend himself from the state of disturbances, and gradually all disturbing elements are eliminated from his mind
- Certainly half-educated "spiritual leaders" who are disturbed by the tides of material existence cannot know Him fully
- Check means two signatures, so in this way this nonsense will be stopped. Please see that all temples are following this system. These report are very much disturbing to me. How can I translate?
- Cow dung is accepted as purified and antiseptic. A person can keep stacks of cow dung in one place, and it will not create a bad odor to disturb anyone. We can take it for granted that in the spiritual world, stool and urine are also pleasantly scented
- Currents of blood flowed from the gorilla's head with great force, but the stream of blood simply enhanced his beauty, like a stream of liquid manganese coming out of a great mountain. The striking of Balarama's club did not even slightly disturb him
- Disturbed by the bees, Purvacitti tried to move hastily, but as she raised her feet to walk quickly, her hair, the belt on her hips, and her breasts, which were like water jugs, also moved in a way that made her extremely beautiful and attractive
- Don't disturb them, that "These are strange people." No, we don't want that. But we must have our position. Tilaka is our position
- Due to the reduced water and scorching heat from the sun in the autumn, the small creatures living in small reservoirs of water are very much disturbed; they are exactly like uncontrolled persons who are always unhappy from being unable to enjoy life
- During youth the material desire to enjoy the material senses is certainly present, and unless one fully satisfies these lusty desires in youth, there is a chance of one's being disturbed in rendering service to the Lord
- Even if we know, still, if there is some bodily pain we become very much disturbed. But we should know, always remember, that "I am not this body"
- Even in the material world, cow dung is accepted as purified and antiseptic. A person can keep stacks of cow dung in one place, and it will not create a bad odor to disturb anyone
- Even there is no language, there is a stage of satisfaction. That stage is Krsna consciousness. As soon as one comes to the stage of Krsna consciousness, he'll be satisfied. And unless he comes to that stage, he'll always be disturbed
- Everything is now disturbed. We cannot be completely blissful. Anything you take, any pleasurable thing you take, it cannot give you always pleasure. It is not possible. This is not possible in this material world
- Gopis' love for Krsna was so great and ecstatic that they were disturbed by even His momentary absence. And when they saw Krsna, they were also disturbed. This is a paradox
- Growing into youth one's senses sometimes become disturbed and celibacy becomes difficult. The Kumaras therefore purposefully remained children because in a child's life the senses are never disturbed by sex
- Hare Krsna maha-mantra is open to everyone, but sometimes nonbelievers come to disturb the ceremony of chanting. It is indicated herein that under such circumstances the temple doors should be closed. Only bona fide chanters should be admitted
- He (Krsna) is not forced to appear by any external agency; He descends by His own internal potency to reestablish the standard functions of human activities, simultaneously annihilate the disturbing elements in the progressive march of human civilization
- He (Rupa Gosvami) further states that the thirty-one disturbing symptoms of ecstatic love, plus nine other symptoms, all taken together equal forty primary symptoms of ecstatic love
- He by whom no one is put into difficulty or anxiety and who is not disturbed by anyone, who is liberated from jubilation, anger, fear and anxiety, is very dear to Me
- He's always disturbed, but still, he does not wish to go back to Godhead. Therefore there is a constant endeavor on the part of God to reclaim these conditioned souls
- He's not disturbed by mental anxieties, bodily disease, natural disturbances and fighting or quarreling with other living entities
- I have now become too old and disturbed by invalidity. While I write, my hands tremble. I cannot remember anything, nor can I see or hear properly. Still I write, and this is a great wonder
- If one remains in shadow, he cannot enjoy the facilities offered by light, and if one remains in light, he cannot be disturbed by the darkness of shadow
- If some policeman comes here, immediately you shall feel disturbed. But he is the sincere servant of government. That is the position of Maya
- If the yogi is able to place the beautiful face of the Lord in the core of his heart, he will be completely satisfied. In other words, when one is absorbed in seeing the beauty of the Lord within himself, the material attraction can no longer disturb him
- In Bengal it is said that if one becomes an obedient servant of his wife, he loses all reputation. However, the difficulty is that unless one becomes a most obedient servant of his wife, family life becomes disturbed
- In front of Krsna, Lord Baladeva was standing, causing a cooling effect. But even amidst all these different circumstances of soothing and disturbing effects, the lotus flower of ecstatic conjugal love that Krsna felt for Radharani could not wither
- In his disturbed condition, he began to pray to these clouds, and he expressed his jubilation by bowing down before them
- In other words, the gopis were disturbed by the blinking of their eyes because for the moment that their eyes were closed they could not see Krsna
- In such a laughing ecstasy of love, Krsna or matters pertaining to Krsna are the cause of the laughter. In such laughing devotional service, there are symptoms of jubilation, laziness, concealed feelings and similar other seemingly disturbing elements
- In the agricultural fields there may be many mice, flies and other creatures that disturb production, and sometimes they are killed by pesticides. In this verse, however, such killing is forbidden
- In the Brhan-naradiya Purana it is said that in Kali-yuga, when people in general are short-lived, slow in spiritual realization and always disturbed by various anxieties, the best means of spiritual realization is chanting the holy name of the Lord
- In the condition of dreaming, when one's consciousness is almost covered, one may see many unfavorable things which cause disturbance or anxiety, but upon awakening, although he remembers what happened in the dream, he is not disturbed
- In this age, hearing is more important than thinking because one's thinking may be disturbed by mental agitation, but if one concentrates on hearing, he will be forced to associate with the sound vibration of Krsna
- In this material world, all living entities are disturbed due to their flickering position. A devotee, however, is fixed in the service of the lotus feet of the Lord, the master of the senses
- Instead of being disturbed by the torments of his father (Hiranyakasipu), Prahlada influenced these friends and cleansed their minds
- It is not good to disturb them unduly or cause unwanted agitation or anger with such people. They are demons so they will not change
- It is not that because one is a fool and cannot speak nicely he therefore takes the vow of mauna. Rather, one becomes silent so that people will not disturb him
- It is said that in this age of Kali everyone will be extremely disturbed by three kinds of tribulations: scarcity of rain, famine, and heavy taxation by the government
- It is said that the mudhas deride the Personality of Godhead because they do not have complete knowledge from the undisturbed acarya. One who is disturbed by the whirlpool of material energy is not qualified to become an acarya
- Keep bugs from the altar and Deity. You cannot allow them to disturb the Deity. Best is that you try and catch them and throw them out rather than kill them but if killing them is the only alternative, what can be done?
- Killing the body, he does not die, but because you disturb him, his duration of period to live in that body, you become sinful
- Krsna also assured Kaliya, "You came here (to the Yamuna) out of fear of Garuda, who wanted to eat you in the beautiful land by the ocean. Now, after seeing the marks where I have touched your head with My lotus feet, Garuda will not disturb you"
- Krsna continued, "My dear grandfather, out of fear of My late uncle Kamsa, all the kings belonging to the Yadu, Vrsni, Andhaka, Madhu, Dasarha and Kukura dynasties were very anxious and disturbed"
- Krsna did not want Vrndavana disturbed by enemies like Dantavakra and Jarasandha. If Krsna were to go to Vrndavana, these enemies would not only attack Mathura but would go on to Vrndavana, and the peaceful inhabitants of Vrndavana would be disturbed
- Krsna is accepted as the friend of the cloud because both the cloud and Krsna satisfy the people when they are disturbed. When the people are burning due to excessive heat, the cloud satisfies them with rain
- Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself. In every age He protects the world through His different features when the world is disturbed by the enemies of Indra
- Krsna tells Arjuna that he should act in yoga. And what is that yoga? Yoga means to concentrate the mind upon the Supreme by controlling the ever-disturbing senses
- Krsna told His other friends, "Subala is feeling too fatigued from mock-fighting with Me. So please do not disturb him anymore by inviting him to fight." This is an instance of laziness caused by dislike of excessive labor
- Krsna-katha is not palatable. This is maya's influence. So we cannot engage our senses for Krsna. This is the disturbing condition of material world
- Lord Krsna continued, "Now I can see that you are on the platform of the pure devotees, for your mind is not disturbed by any greedy or lusty desires of this material world"
- Lord Siva expresses herein his regret at having been angry and having disturbed the sacrificial activities of Daksa
- Lower animals, created by the laws of nature to disturb the human being, are not subjected to punishment
- Maharaja Yudhisthira was advised by Narada not to disturb his uncle (Dhrtarastra) by attempting to bring him back home. He was now beyond the attraction of anything material
- Modern education is teaching lowest of the mankind. And if some of the students are taught to become highest of the mankind, their guardians become disturbed: "Oh, my son is going to be highest of the mankind? Swamiji, you are playing dangerous things"
- Mucukunda replied as follows, "Grant me the power to burn to ashes, by my mere glance, anyone who disturbs my sleeping and awakens me untimely. Please give me this benediction"
- My point is that war is not the only disturbing principle. There are many other disturbing principles. So we have to make a wholesale solution of all principles
- Nanda Maharaja told his wife, "My dear Yasoda, although your son, Krsna, is as delicate and soft as the mallika flower, He has gone to kill the Kesi demon, who is as strong as a mountain. Therefore I have become a little disturbed"
- Nirjana-bhajana - cultivating Krsna consciousness in a solitary place - is not possible for the neophyte, for he will be disturbed by the bodily necessities (eating, sleeping, mating and defending)
- Nor is a devotee very much disturbed or pleased by praise or condemnation from people in general
- O learned one, in this iron age of Kali men have but short lives. They are quarrelsome, lazy, misguided, unlucky and, above all, always disturbed
- On each half-moon day, the reptile community would offer a serpent to Garuda. The serpent was to be kept underneath a tree as a sacrificial offering to Garuda. Garuda was satisfied with this offering, and therefore he did not disturb any other serpents
- Once, while Krsna was in the pasturing ground with His cowherd boys, His friends requested Him to go to the Talavana Forest, where Gardabhasura, a disturbing demon in the shape of an ass, resided
- One cowherd boy said, "Once His (Krsna's) mother, being disturbed by His stealing butter, tied Him to a wooden mortar, and the child pulled it toward a pair of trees known as yamala-arjuna and caused them to fall"
- One need only seek shelter of the shade of the Lord's lotus feet. Then all the material tribulations that disturb him will be subdued
- One should not be disturbed by the tricks of eternal time. Even the great controller of the universe, Brahmaji, is also under the control of that time
- One who is able to distinguish between matter and spirit, who is never disturbed by material transformations, and who meditates on the unlimited, inexhaustible, auspicious Brahman effulgence is a first-class, learned brahmacari and is named Caitanya
- Only under certain conditions do the planets float as weightless balls in the air, and as soon as these conditions are disturbed, the planets may fall down in the Garbhodaka Ocean, which covers half the universe
- SB 10.16.13, there is the following description. When Krsna was chastising the Kaliyanaga in the Yamuna, the big snake wrapped his coils all over Krsna's body, and upon seeing Krsna in this situation, all His dear cowherd friends became greatly disturbed
- Scorched and extremely disturbed because of Hiranyakasipu's severe penances, all the demigods left the planets where they reside and went to the planet of Lord Brahma, where they informed the creator
- Seeing her (Devahuti's) husband (Kardama Muni) about to leave, Devahuti was very disturbed, but to satisfy her husband she was smiling
- Seeing her husband, Kardama Muni, about to leave, Devahuti was very disturbed, but to satisfy her husband she was smiling
- She (Draupadi) is disturbed, thinking of the position of Asvatthama's mother. Personally, she is not at all aggrieved. She's aggrieved, but she is thinking the grief of Asvatthama's mother more than her. This is Vaisnava
- Since bhakti is unconditional (ahaituky apratihata), Prahlada Maharaja was never disturbed by the chastisements of Hiranyakasipu
- Siva-jvara said, "One who has accepted this material body becomes disturbed by the three miserable conditions of material nature. Because one does not surrender unto You (Krsna), he continues to suffer perpetually"
- Some ask that if Krsna is self-sufficient, why did He at all manifest the pastimes with the gopis, which are disturbing to the so-called moralists of the world?
- Sometimes the conditioned soul in household life, being attached to material wealth and possessions, is disturbed by gadflies and mosquitoes, and sometimes locusts, birds of prey and rats give him trouble
- Srila Rupa Gosvami has very nicely analyzed the different kinds of disturbing symptoms, and although it is very difficult to find the exact English equivalents for many Sanskrit words used here, his analysis will now be presented
- Sripada Sridhara Svami has composed a nice verse in this regard, the meaning of which is as follows, "My dear Lord, I am a living entity perpetually disturbed by the conditions of material existence"
- Straightforwardness in Ordinary Dealings. There is a statement in the Padma Purana, "Persons who are engaged in Krsna consciousness should never be disturbed by some material gain or loss"
- That gentleman was sitting and asking "Can I smoke?" The tongue is agitating for... "Please, please give me one cigarette. One cigarette." He became disturbed. And we said, "No. You cannot smoke." This is material pleasure
- That is our duty. We have to disturb these envious persons, "Hare Krsna!" That is our duty, to disturb them. And that is the greatest service
- The airplane occupied by Salva put the entire city of Dvaraka into distress equal to that caused on the earth long, long ago by the disturbing activities of Tripurasura. The inhabitants of Dvaraka Puri became so harassed that they were not peaceful
- The ass sings poetry and philosophy sometimes, but this braying sound only disturbs others. This is the position of the foolish fruitive worker who does not know for whom he should work
- The atheistic are always disturbing, and godly persons, they're peaceful. They're not disturbing
- The brahmana was very upset because of the untimely death of the child in the presence of his young father and mother. Thus his mind became very much disturbed
- The business of the asuras is to disturb the suras, the devotees and brahmanas, but at the time of Krsna's appearance these devotees and brahmanas were undisturbed
- The calves, being disturbed, would immediately begin running here and there, and the children would be dragged over clay and cow dung. To see this fun, Yasoda and Rohini would call all their neighborhood friends, the gopis
- The conjugal love of Radha-Krsna is never disturbed by any personal consideration. The undisturbed nature of the conjugal love between Radha and Krsna is described thus
- The demigods were naturally bereft of the results of yajna and hampered in executing their respective duties. Therefore they came down to the planet earth to see how people had become disturbed and to consider what to do
- The devotees of the Lord are so forbearing that even though they are defamed, cheated, cursed, disturbed, neglected or even killed, they are never inclined to avenge themselves
- The emotion technically called vipralambha-bhava, which the Lord adopted for confidential reasons, should not be disturbed in the name of service
- The example of the boat disturbed by whirling wind is suitable in this respect. The diverted mind of the pantheist can never reach the perfection of self-realization, due to the disturbed condition of the selection of object
- The human form of life is meant for God realization, but this process, which begins with sravanam kirtanam visnoh - hearing and chanting of the holy name of the Lord - is disturbed as long as our senses are materially attracted
- The karma-yogi renders this immense benefit to the ordinary living entities - who are entirely addicted to mundane activities - without disturbing them in their ordinary engagements
- The light of the sun and moon was impaired in all the planets, and the demigods of various planets, being disturbed by that force, asked the creator of the universe, Brahma, "What is this expansion of darkness in all directions?"
- The Lord is simply disturbed by them (impersonal speculation, monism (merging into the existence of the Supreme), speculative knowledge, mystic yoga and meditation)
- The Lord said, "My dear Murari, please restrain your unnecessary humility. My mind is disturbed to see your meekness"
- The Lord thought, "If I go to Mathura with such crowds behind Me, it would not be a very happy situation, for the atmosphere would be disturbed"
- The majority of people in this age of Kali are sinful, short-living, unfortunate and disturbed (mandah sumanda-matayo manda-bhagya hy upadrutah). For them, Caitanya Mahaprabhu has advised: harer nama harer nama, harer namaiva kevalam
- The material world is so contaminated that even in Vrndavana the asuras, or demons, tried to disturb the peaceful situation
- The mind, although ceasing to think of sensual activities at present, remembers past sensual activities from the subconscious status and thus disturbs one from cent percent engagement in self-realization
- The miserable condition in the material world must be there. You cannot stop this miserable condition of material existence. It will come and go away. It will simply disturb you. Therefore Krsna says one has to be detached
- The mission of Lord Krsna is to protect the righteous and kill the demons who disturb a peaceful situation
- The mosquito will bite, the flies will disturb you, the bugs are there, and then the dogs will bark unnecessarily. You are passing, and his business is barking. Ha? "Bow! Bow! Bow!" So this is also suffering
- The Nagapatnis said, "O Lord, You have descended especially for the purpose of annihilating all kinds of disturbing elements within the world, and because You (Krsna) are the Absolute Truth, there is no difference between Your mercy and Your punishment
- The natural process is to pour water on the root, but such disturbed leaders are more attracted to the leaves than the root. Despite their perpetually watering the leaves, however, everything dries up for want of nourishment
- The pure devotee Haridasa Thakura was never disturbed, even when all such allurements were offered by a prostitute
- The reptile society became so disturbed that their leader, Vasuki, appealed to Lord Brahma for protection. Lord Brahma made an arrangement by which Garuda would not create a disturbance
- The result is that people in general are puzzled how to fix their minds in the service of the Lord; they are always disturbed about finding the real path of self-realization
- The senses are very strong, and if a neophyte devotee imitates Haridasa Thakura, his enemies (kama, krodha, lobha, moha, mada and matsarya) will disturb and fatigue him
- The snakes in Mahatala are always disturbed by fear of Garuda, the carrier of Lord Visnu, but although they are full of anxiety, some of them nevertheless sport with their wives, children, friends and relatives
- The strong bodily desires and needs of a person disturbed by hunger and thirst are certainly satisfied when he eats. Similarly, if one becomes very angry, that anger is satisfied by chastisement and its reaction
- The system of hearing from undisturbed authorities is approved in this mantra. Unless one hears from a bona fide acarya, who is never disturbed by the changes of the material world, one cannot have the real key to transcendental knowledge
- The unsatiated seer of Krsna's face thus laments: "I do not have thousands of eyes but only two, and even these two eyes are disturbed by the movements of my eyelids. So it is to be understood that the creator of this body is not very intelligent"
- The whirlwind demon known as Trnavarta once carried Krsna off from the ground and blew Him around, along with some very big trees. At that time, Mother Yasoda could not see her son, and she was so disturbed that she began to walk this way and that
- The whole world is disturbed. Why? Because it is full of these sinful men: drunkards, woman hunters, gamblers, and intoxicants. The whole world. And they are expecting peace. Nonsense. Where is peace? First of all educate them to become sinless
- The wife of King Citraketu said (after the death of their son): If the bonds of affection You (the Lord) have created are disturbed by fruitive action, no one will raise children with affection; instead, everyone will cruelly neglect his children
- The world is feeling so much disturbed by the misarrangement of the leaders of the society. They have forgotten Krsna or God. They are thinking that by material advancement they will be happy, but that is never possible
- The world is in a disturbed condition because of a scarcity of such peaceful devotees in human society. Unless one is a devotee, one cannot be equal to all living entities
- There are also other factors which disturb the plant of devotional service. Along with this plant the weeds of material desires also grow
- There are many other disturbing symptoms in ecstatic love, such as envy, anxiety, pride, jealousy, conclusion, cowardliness, forgiveness, impatience, hankering, regret, doubtfulness and impudence
- There is earthquake, and we are afraid of this building may fall down, the cause of disturbances, then we become very much disturbed - sometimes screaming. So one who is not disturbed, even there is cause of disturbance, he is called dhira
- There is no necessity of God's coming here to settle up things. There is no necessity. He has got omnipotential power. He can do without His presence. But when His devotees become very much disturbed, He comes personally
- There was, a great yogi known as Saubhari Muni who used to meditate within the water there and who was sympathetic with the fish. He asked Garuda not to come there and disturb the fish
- They (the cowherd boys) immediately approached Krsna and Balarama and said, "Dear Krsna and Balarama, You are both all-powerful; You can kill many, many demons, but today we are much afflicted with hunger, and this is disturbing us"
- They are after peace, but they are all groups of atheistic people. Therefore the members of the United Nations, they are themselves fighting some way or other. How there can be peace, because they are themselves disturbing?
- They say that there is a tissue in the brain, they disturb with this religious idea. They say like that. And if that tissue is operated, then there will be no more religion
- This is gopis' desire. They want to see Krsna always, without being disturbed by the eyelids. This is Krsna consciousness
- This world is very awful. Anyone is ready to create some disturbance, especially they are very much apt to disturb Krishna Consciousness persons because that is the way of demoniac life
- Uddhava saw that the gopis were severely afflicted by their separation from Krsna. Their hearts were so disturbed that their minds were sometimes deranged
- Unfortunately, his whole life can be disturbed by a wife who divorces him; when the husband is disturbed, the whole family is ruined, the children are dispersed or the business is closed, and everything is affected
- Unfortunately, the conditioned souls, being placed into illusion by the external energy of the Lord, want to fight with one another, and therefore peace is disturbed
- Unfortunately, when eternal relationship is disturbed, the living entity wants to become separately happy and thinks that the master is his order supplier. In this way there cannot be happiness
- Upananda said, "My dear friends! Now we should leave here for another place because we are continually finding that great demons are coming here to disturb the peaceful situation, and they are especially attempting to kill the small children"
- Vasudeva was very much disturbed by fear of becoming a liar by breaking his promise. Thus with great pain he delivered his first-born son, named Kirtiman, into the hands of Kamsa
- Vedic culture is that one must rise early in the morning. And even Krsna in His grhastha life, immediately He rose up. Rukmini was disturbed because womanly nature, and again immediately taking bath, meditation. This is Vedic culture
- Vidura said to Dhrtarastra: You have been blind from your very birth, and recently you have become hard of hearing. Your memory is shortened, and your intelligence is disturbed. Your teeth are loose, your liver is defective, and you are coughing up mucus
- Volcanic eruptions can do very little harm, & similarly, those who are against devotional service to the Lord, who put forward many philosophical theses about the ultimate transcendental realization cannot disturb this great ocean of devotional service
- We don't want to disturb your position. Whatever you are, you remain. But you hear about Krsna. Then gradually Krsna will be conquered by you. Ajita Allah Krsna
- We fear that this is paining You. Since You are our life and soul, our minds are very much disturbed when Your lotus feet are pained
- We feel pain when someone disturbs us, and therefore we should not inflict pain upon other living beings. Lord Buddha's mission was to stop unnecessary animal killing, and therefore he preached that the greatest religious principle is nonviolence
- We have actually seen that many sannyasis who accept sannyasa prematurely, not having satisfied their material desires, fall down because they are disturbed. Therefore the general process is to go through grhastha life and vanaprastha life
- We should not be disturbed by these material miseries, which come and go like this change of season. It is not permanent. At the present moment, the whole human civilization is simply disturbed by the change of this cold and heat
- When a citizen agitates the public against the king, the duty of the king is to call him and try to pacify him with sweet words, saying, "You are very important in the state. Why should you disturb the public with some new cause for agitation?"
- When a person becomes disturbed in his heart by seeing lightning in the sky, by seeing a ferocious animal, or by hearing a tumultuous sound, his state of mind is called apprehensive
- When all the higher and lower planets became too hot to live on, the demigods, being disturbed, left their abodes in the higher planets and went to see Lord Brahma, praying to him that he curtail this unnecessary heat
- When Arjuna was little disturbed... Because this battle was arranged between two parties of cousin-brothers... And when Arjuna saw the other party, all his relatives, family members, so he hesitated to fight, and there was some argument
- When God-made varnasrama-dharma is broken by advancement of foolishness, the whole system of peaceful and progressive life is at once disturbed
- When He (Lord Krsna) plays (His flute), the clouds stop their loud thundering out of fear of Him. Rather than disturb the vibration of His flute, they respond with mild thunder and so congratulate Krsna, their friend
- When insignificant persons use rough words to cast false, angry accusations against saintly persons, their fruitless words do not disturb the great personalities
- When Krsna's glance went over the breasts of the gopis, His hand began to shake, and upon seeing His hand shake, all of the cowherd men underneath the hill (Govardhana) became a little disturbed
- When Laksmana became disturbed upon hearing words against Krsna, she remained inert and did not move her eyelids. This is another example of inertia caused by hearing
- When one inquires as to the welfare of a brahmana, the questions should be worded according to his condition of life so as not to disturb him. A peaceful mind is the basis for becoming truthful, clean, equipoised, self-controlled and tolerant
- When one is subjected to humility, he feels physically inactive, he apologizes, and his consciousness is disturbed. His mind is also restless, and many other symptoms are visible
- When people in materialistic life become disturbed by the blazing fire of material pangs, Krsna consciousness gives them relief like a cloud. The cloud and Krsna, having the same bodily color also, are considered to be friends
- When such men (devotees of Lord) head the government, the people will certainly be sinless. They will no longer be disturbing demons. It is then and then only that a peaceful condition can prevail in society
- When the gopis appeared to be a little bit disturbed and angry from hearing the free advice of Krsna, they diverted their attention to looking at the beauty of the forest
- When the gopis were describing the sweet vibration of Krsna's flute, they also remembered their pastimes with Him; thus their minds became disturbed, and they were unable to describe completely the beautiful vibrations
- When the onlooker of Krsna's face becomes dissatisfied in this way, he thinks, "Why didn't the creator give me thousands and millions of eyes? Why has he given me only two? Even these two eyes are disturbed by blinking"
- When the wife becomes as irritable as the husband, their life at home is sure to be disturbed or ultimately completely broken
- When there are too much criminals in the state, unlawful, lawlessness, the state becomes overburdened, disturbed, overburdened. At that time the administrators are puzzled what to do
- When we get stability of goodness, that is spiritual life. When it is disturbed by passion and ignorance, that means it is not yet perfect
- When, in the name of justice, thieves are allowed liberty, the state and kingdom are disturbed by such plunderers and unwanted population
- Whether You give me (Bali Maharaja) the opportunity to enjoy all the yogic perfections or You put me into the most abominable condition of hellish life, I shall never be disturbed
- While on the way to Jagannatha Puri, You broke My sannyasa staff. I know that all of you have great affection for Me, but such things disturb My activities
- Woman, who is very attractive in the beginning but in the end very disturbing, is exactly like the flower, which is attractive in the beginning and detestable at the end
- Your mind was not disturbed by My tricks. Rather, you stayed fixed in your simplicity. In this way you have purchased Me
- Yudhisthira said, "You (Krsna) are always transcendentally equipoised, neither pleased nor disturbed by any condition of material affairs. You are the Supreme Brahman, the Personality of Godhead, and for You there are no relativities"