Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Disturbance and the Mind
"disturbance of the mind"
Pages in category "Disturbance and the Mind"
The following 41 pages are in this category, out of 41 total.
- A perfect yogi is so well disciplined in the activities of the mind that he can no longer be disturbed by any kind of material desire. This perfectional stage can automatically be attained by persons in Krsna consciousness
- Another sentence in this verse is very significant: kautumbikah krudhyati vai janaya. When one's mind is disturbed in so many ways, he satisfies himself by becoming angry with his poor wife and children
- Apparently Prahlada Maharaja was placed in circumstances in which he was always tortured by his father (Hiranyakasipu). In such material conditions, one cannot have an undisturbed mind
- At the present moment our mind is so disturbed, we are disturbed in so many ways. Meditation is not possible in this age. Maybe there may be one or two persons who can meditate. The real meditation means to think of Krsna
- Because the mind is restless and undependable, it must remain always under control. Even the mind of the advanced yogi Saubhari created such a disturbance that he lost his yogic mystic powers
- Brahma said, "My dear Lord, this whole cosmic manifestation is just like a flashing dream, and its temporary existence simply disturbs the mind"
- By clearly understanding from authorities like the sage Maitreya, one can become situated in real knowledge, and the disturbed mind can thus be fixed on the progressive path
- By the grace of God such a devotee gets sufficient strength to defend himself from the state of disturbances, and gradually all disturbing elements are eliminated from his mind
- Hearing and fixing the mind on the pastimes of the Lord is easier than visualizing the form of the Lord within one's heart because as soon as one begins to think of the Lord, especially in this age, the mind becomes disturbed, and due to so much agitation
- Husband-wife means, a man requires a woman, a woman requires a man. They should be combined in such a way that they can live peacefully. If there is no disturbance of the mind, then they can make further progress in spiritual life
- I can understand the disturbance of your mind, but why you keep yourself in such artificial disturbance? You can become a householder. That is not prohibited
- If my mind becomes disturbed in this way, then how can I concentrate on book writing. It is not possible. Better not to inform me anything, and let me sit in Vrindaban
- If you simply fix up your mind on the Lotus Feet of Krishna, the rascal mind cannot disturb you anymore
- In the Caitanya-caritamrta it is said that except for persons in Krsna consciousness, everyone is always disturbed in mind and full of anxiety
- One should at once engage himself in the transcendental loving service of the Lord by the different devotional activities of hearing, chanting, etc. If performed under proper guidance, that is the surest path of progress, even for the disturbed mind
- One should be undisturbed in mind. A man who is always disturbed in mind, he cannot perform yoga. That is not possible
- One who is not disturbed in mind even amidst the threefold miseries or elated when there is happiness, and who is free from attachment, fear and anger, is called a sage of steady mind
- The difficulty is that we cannot come to the pure stage of chanting Hare Krsna mantra. Due to our past habits our mind is disturbed. We cannot concentrate. Therefore we have fixed up the minimum
- The mind, although ceasing to think of sensual activities at present, remembers past sensual activities from the subconscious status and thus disturbs one from cent percent engagement in self-realization
- The saints and sages, being freed from all the disturbances of the senses and mind, meditate upon You, for by Your mercy only can one become free from the clutches of the three modes of material nature
- The so-called yoga societies in big cities may be successful in earning material benefit, but they are not at all suitable for the actual practice of yoga. One who is not self-controlled and whose mind is not undisturbed cannot practice meditation
- The yogis who practice such breathing exercises are very soon freed from all mental disturbances, just as gold, when put into fire and fanned with air, becomes free from all impurities
- There is no harm in accepting a wife and living without any disturbance of the mind and thus sincerely advancing in Krishna Consciousness
- This body means combination of senses, but above the senses there is the mind. If the mind is disturbed, the senses cannot act. If the mind is in disorder, then the man is called mad, because he cannot use his senses properly
- This example of Maharaja Pariksit's behavior, his remaining patient even at the last point of his life, his undisturbed condition of mind, is an example of reservation
- We may tell any damn thing to induce people to give us money on Krsna's behalf, that is not the point. The point is that by saying lies, the less advanced neophyte devotees may become entangled or disturbed in their minds by it
- When a woman scratches the ground with her foot, it is a sign that her mind is very disturbed. These signs were sometimes exhibited by the gopis before Krsna
- When the gopis came in the dead of night and Krsna asked them to return to their homes, the gopis also scratched the ground like this (like Devahuti) because their minds were very disturbed
- When your mind is no longer disturbed by the flowery language of the Vedas, and when it remains fixed in the trance of self-realization, then you will have attained the divine consciousness
- When your mind is no longer disturbed by the flowery language of the Vedas, and when it remains fixed in the trance of self-realization, then you will have attained the Divine consciousness. BG 2.53 - 1972
- Whenever I hear complaints or disturbances in our centers my mind becomes too much disturbed and I cannot properly translate my books