trying | try | tried | tries
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 23 subcategories, out of 23 total.
- ► A Spiritual Master Tries (1 P)
- ► Caitanya's Trying (19 P)
- ► Do Not Try To (3 C, 82 P)
- ► God's Trying (3 C, 6 P)
- ► I Am Trying (Prabhupada) (153 P)
- ► Just Try (63 P)
- ► Krsna's Trying (1 C, 29 P)
- ► Radharani's Trying (5 P)
Pages in category "Try"
The following 233 pages are in this category, out of 233 total.
- A ass is trying to become a pig. What is that civilization? So ideal is to become a pig, and for that, fulfillment of that idea, they are working like ass. Is it not? Just see. Think over
- A devotee does not have to try separately for renunciation or knowledge
- A devotee does not have to try separately to attain liberation
- A poor man receives sadhus very quickly, offers them obeisances, and tries to take advantage of their presence, whereas a rich man keeps a big greyhound dog at his door so that no one can enter his house
- Absolute Truth is vision from three angles of vision. Those who are trying to understand the Absolute Truth by the ascending process, they can reach up to the impersonal Brahman. Those who are trying to find out the Absolute Truth within himself
- After trying this process for many, many births & remaining unattached to material contamination, placing themselves continually in trance & executing many types of austerities, many mystic yogis were unable to find the end of the path of God realization
- All the good ideas we are manufacturing, they will be manifested in God consciousness automatically. Therefore our duty should be, if we want to make all human being well-behaved, then we must try to make every one of them God conscious
- All the sages who assembled on the bank of the river Sarasvati to try to determine who is the supreme predominating deity became freed from all doubts about Visnu worship
- All those who have tried their utmost to do good for others but have failed despite all honest endeavors should approach Sri Krsna or His bona fide servitors, following the footsteps of Marshal Arjuna
- Although Sivananda Sena tried with much endeavor to get his boy to speak Krsna's holy name, the boy would not utter it
- Although Vrtrasura was on the verge of defeat, he was not at all affected. He knew that he was going to be defeated by Indra, and he voluntarily accepted that, but since he was supposed to be Indra's enemy, he tried his best to kill Indra
- And if you try your best to go to the spiritual world, back to home, back to Godhead, you'll not come again to accept this material body
- Another gopi said, "It is an unreasonable hope for us to expect Krsna to come back to Vrndavana. We should try instead to be happy in disappointment. Even Pingala, the great prostitute, said that disappointment is the greatest pleasure"
- Anyone who hears the narration of Dhruva Maharaja, and who repeatedly tries with faith and devotion to understand his pure character, attains the pure devotional platform and executes pure devotional service
- Are you not going to arrange it? Like a man attached to women, the most cunning wind is trying to take off your lower garment. Are you not mindful of it?
- Arjuna, however, would not desist from entering the fire unless the sons of the brahmana were brought back. Therefore Krsna promised him, "I shall bring back the brahmana's sons. Do not try to commit suicide"
- As Krsna came nearer, they pushed their sons forward to embrace Him. Others were trying, out of shyness, not to shed tears, but they still could not keep the tears from gliding down. This is an instance of concealment caused by shyness
- As long as a person is fully in cooperation with the wishes of the Lord, guided by the bona fide brahmanas and Vaisnavas and strictly following religious principles, one has no cause for despondency, however trying the circumstances of life
- As soon as a foolish disciple tries to overtake his spiritual master and becomes ambitious to occupy his post, he immediately falls down
- As soon as people declare their independence of the supreme controller, they are immediately put into this material world to try their luck freely, as far as possible
- As the appointed controller after death, Yamaraja once tried Mandavya Muni for his childhood profligacy and ordered him to be pierced with a lance. Mandavya, being angry at Yamaraja for awarding him undue punishment, cursed him to become a sudra
- As the caretaker of an elephant tries to control the animal by striking it with his trident, Dantavakra tried to control Krsna simply by speaking strong words
- Asa-bandha means to continue to think, "Because I'm trying my best to follow the routine principles of devotional service, I am sure that I will go back to Godhead, back to home"
- At any rate we do not know how long we shall live. So we have to concentrate on reading, chanting, and distributing books, and in this way try to become Krsna conscious completely before the next death
- At the end of this time, all the members of the Yadu dynasty tried to please the inhabitants of Vrndavana to their hearts’ content
- At the present moment, the entire world is full of foolish people. Bhagavad-gita describes these people as mudhas. They are trying to rule human society, but because they are devoid of spiritual knowledge, the entire world is in a chaotic condition
- At the present moment, throughout the entire world, the atheists are extremely numerous. They are trying to prove that there is no God and that everything takes place due to combinations and permutations of material elements
- Balarama said, "Dear friends, this time I have come to you (Kurus) as a messenger with the order of the all-powerful King Ugrasena. Please, hear the order with attention & great care. Without wasting a single moment, please try to carry out the order"
- Being very sorry, the he-goat, who was subservient to his wife, followed the she-goat on the road and tried his best to flatter her, but he could not pacify her
- Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura tried his best to spread the cult of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to countries outside India. When he was present he patronized the disciples to go outside India to preach the cult of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Bhaktisiddhanta's writing is not very easy to understand, yes; but we should try, read and read again, and simply that vibration will help us
- Bhaumasura thus came to see that none of his tricks would act upon Krsna, and he became aware that all his attempts to kill Krsna would be frustrated. Yet he tried for the last time, taking a trident in his hand to strike Him
- Bhisma said, "I was opposing Krsna's most intimate friend, Arjuna - I even tried to kill him! I have so many disqualifications, and yet the Lord is still so kind that He has come to see me at the last point of my life"
- Bhismadeva, Dhrtarastra, Dronacarya, Duryodhana and Bahlika said, "They (the Yadus) had practically no position before we gave them a portion of our kingdom to rule, and now they are trying to command us"
- Brahma tried to understand who they (the cowherds boys and calves) were and how they were uninfluenced by his mystic power, but he could not ascertain it. In other words, he himself came under the spell of his own mystic power
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "I would like to withdraw My consciousness from You and engage it in material activities, but even though I try, I cannot do so. I am naturally inclined to You only"
- Confidential devotees of the Lord are very much dear to Him because they travel everywhere to preach His glories in different capacities & try their utmost to convert the nondevotees into devotees in order to bring them to the platform of sanity
- Daksa, Nandisvara said, identified himself with the body like other materialistic persons and was trying to derive all kinds of facilities in relationship with the body
- Despite all endeavors for peace and prosperity, they must try to see the cows and the bulls happy in all respects. Foolish people do not know how one earns happiness by making the cows and bulls happy, but it is a fact by the law of nature
- Do not mind the dogs barking to get us out of the temple in Chicago. Stay in the temple and prolong as far as possible. In Bombay they tried to evict us in so many ways, but Krsna allowed us to stay and now we are going forward
- Draupadi at once refused vehemently the proposal of Jayadratha, but being so much attracted by the beauty of Draupadi, he tried again and again. Every time he was refused by Draupadi
- During the Kuruksetra battle, He remained neutral, and He tried His best not to bring about the fight. He was in favor of Duryodhana, but still He remained neutral
- Enjoyment is the goal of everyone's life. But the difference is that the materialist is trying to hanker after flickering enjoyment, and the transcendentalists, they are hankering after the spiritual enjoyment, or eternal enjoyment
- Especially amongst businessmen, when there is conference, so each one is trying, "Now how much I have cheated him." So this cheating, vipralipsa, is one of the qualification of the conditioned soul
- Even if a common man sees someone preparing to commit suicide, he will try to save him. He does so automatically
- Every one of us, we are trying to control over the material energy. The big stone, big hill, they, that is material energy, but the spiritual energy, a human being, is breaking the hill by dynamite. Therefore it is superior energy
- Every time I tried to go away and give up my home relationships, my father and mother unfortunately kept me bound
- Everyone in this material world trying to mitigate or trying to become free from the distress. Duhkhasya. Atyantika-duhkha-nivrtti. Atyantika means supreme. The struggle for existence in this material world is everyone is trying to get some happiness
- Everyone should treat his Godbrothers as Prabhu. But nobody should try to claim any extra honor on account of an official position
- Everyone, the whole world, the whole universe, all living entities, they are trying to love Krsna. Krsna-prema
- He (Priyavrata's Father) tried to convince Priyavrata that this was his duty as indicated in the revealed scriptures
- He does not know that he is bound up, hands and legs, by the laws of nature, and he is trying to solve it by his own method of material civilization. That is the mistake
- He is not satisfied that only he himself is a devotee, but he tries to distribute the knowledge of devotional service to everyone
- He tried his best to teach his son in this way, but all his endeavors failed. In his heart he hoped that his son would be a learned scholar, but all his attempts were unsuccessful
- He tries to be happy in the material world, centering his interests around his home, which is based on sexual intercourse & which brings him all kinds of material miseries. In this way one is no better than a foolish animal
- His (God's) behavior with the devotees is so exalted that a devotee need not try to divert his attention to any other worship
- How people are receiving this movement all over the world, even minister to the Communist party. They are trying to kill God, and we are putting God. We are the greatest enemy
- I am glad that you attended our class at Montreal and tried to understand the philosophy of Krishna Consciousness. It is neither sectarian nor dogmatic
- I am glad to see that you are trying to remain engaged in Krishna's service. Concerning your engagement, why not come to New York immediately
- I am sorry to hear of your wife's poor health. You have tried so many treatments, pills and better climates and visits to doctors, but there is no improvement. I think you can admit her to the hospital on a longer term basis for recouping her health
- I can understand that Nandarani is a little displeased with Aniruddha, but I think this is a family quarrel between brother and sister, and you may try to mitigate it
- I have already been defeated, for my weapon and arm have been cut to pieces. You have already overwhelmed me, but nonetheless, with a desire to kill you, I am trying my best to fight. I am not at all morose, even under such adverse conditions
- I have examined the plans for the building on West 43rd Street just near the corner of 5th Avenue and I think it is perfectly suitable for us in every way. Please work together with Bali Mardan Maharaja and try your best to secure it
- I say, the secret of my wonderful activities is that I have not tried to adulterate it
- I shall specially request the Indians, especially His Excellency, kindly cooperate with this movement, and try to make successful your life and others' life. That is the mission of Krsna, advent of Krsna
- I thought that today I would be able to finish my performance of yajna, my chanting of the Hare Krsna mantra. I tried my best to chant the holy name all night, but I still did not finish
- I was just creating the situation how I shall serve my spiritual master. Not that I was trying to directly contact Krsna. That was not my business
- If a person is innocent and does not know his relationship with Krsna, an advanced devotee should try to engage him in service of Krsna. One who is advanced in Krsna consciousness can engage not only the living being but everything in the service of Krsna
- If anyone tries to love Krsna
- If he tries to commit any further harm to you or attack you physically, inform the police and have him arrested
- If I am trying under the, I mean to say, cover of becoming bhakta and trying to gather some material profit, that is not bhakti. That is very dangerous
- If one's heart has been cleansed by perfect knowledge and one has understood Krsna, the Supreme Brahman, he then gains everything. Why should such a person act like a debauchee by trying to maintain his material body very carefully
- If somebody has done something wrong he is taken to the court and the judge gives his decision, whether he is criminal or not. The man who has arrested him, he cannot give the decision. It has to be tried by the higher authority
- If someone engages only in the service of the Supreme Lord, the Personality of Godhead, who is actually worshipable, then even without trying to liquidate other debts, one becomes free from all obligations
- If we try artificially to explain sastra in our own words, there is every danger of interpretation and speculation
- If you say to the scientist: "What you have done for the human society to live eternally in perfect happiness?" What is their answer? (They will say that they are trying) That is nonsense. Therefore we kick on your face. Therefore we have got the right
- If you yourselves are suffering from the very ills we are trying to remove, how can the people be influenced favorably? Stop this fighting, tolerate, chant and read our books
- Impersonalism is only a solace for the frustrated. When we are frustrated by the relative personalism of this material world, we try to find out, in material way, the opposite number
- In modern science they are trying to combat all the material obstacles, but here is the main obstacle. That nobody wants to die but there is death
- In the human form of life, if we are actually intelligent, we shall try our best how to get that life or body where there is no more death, birth, old age and disease. So this Krsna consciousness movement means to educate people for that purpose
- In the modern age, man is trying to go to other planets, but so far he has been unsuccessful. It is not possible to travel to any other planets because by the laws of nature even the demigods cannot move from one planet to another
- In the neophyte stage it is best to develop firm faith, that just by chanting the Hare Krishna Mahamantra everything else will come, and try to avoid the ten offenses
- In this age it is very difficult to find such a head of state who is expert in killing the undesirables. Modern heads of state sit very nicely in their palaces and try without reason to kill innocent persons
- It appears that this scientist has become very intelligent. Yes, try to meet with them somehow and make arrangement for them to meet with me when I come for the San Francisco Rathayatra. That will be very nice
- It doesn't matter whether it is in India or America or Australia. Any human being, if he tries and if he reads the scriptures - never mind, Bible, Bhagavad-gita, Bhagavata - then he will understand God
- It is a fact that persons who are trying to understand the Supreme Truth by their personal endeavors of mental speculation or mystic powers of yoga achieve the same goal as others who are personally killed by the Lord
- It is a fallacy to say that my present engagement with the press is not the best for my spiritual advancement, and if we think in this way we may go on trying out one engagement after another and always say the same excuse
- It is better to maintain a devotee than to try to convince others to become devotees
- It is clearly stated here that one should try to be recognized by the Supreme Personality of Godhead by one’s service and devotion, without which the human form of life is condemned
- It is just like a lunatic asylum: The patients are running around madly and when the doctor tries to give them treatment, they insist that they are not crazy. Sometimes the patient even strikes the doctor. So our task is like that
- It is nice that we are feeding 200 daily, but gradually try to increase. But do not advertise, we shall be self-advertising. And do not go to poor areas, this is not our philosophy
- It is pleasing to see that the veteran leader Mahatma Gandhi is trying his best to invent a method for bringing in a godly atmosphere all over the world. He is preaching restraint, toleration, moral principles, and so on
- It is said that Lord Anantadeva has tried to expound the transcendental qualities of the Supreme Lord with His numberless tongues, and that for numberless years together it has been impossible to estimate the qualities of the Lord
- Kaliya tried to fight Garuda and faced him with his many hoods and poisonous sharp teeth
- Krishna Consciousness is so nice that one forgets his material designations and one tries to associate with similar Krishna consciousness persons
- Krsna consciousness movement is trying to save them from going back to become cats and dogs. Instead of going back there, they are trying to send him back to God. That is Krsna consciousness movement
- Krsna consciousness movement means trying, the devotees, the followers, to bring him to the platform of goodness, not to stay in the platform of ignorance and passion
- Laksmana said, "All the princes who tried to pierce the target were disappointed, being baffled in their attempts, and some candidates even left the place without making an attempt"
- Laksmiji, the goddess of fortune, tried her best to be on an equal level with the gopis, but she was not successful
- Like a dwarf who wants to catch the moon, I have tried my best many times, but I have never been successful
- Living entities are never independent. As soon as they declare their independence of the supreme controller, they are immediately put into this material world to try their luck freely, as far as possible
- Lord Krsna's causeless mercy was exhibited in the great assembly of Maharaja Yudhisthira. He was merciful even to His enemy the King of Cedi, who always tried to be an envious rival of the Lord
- Lord Śiva once swallowed an ocean of poison, and thus his throat became blue. The imitation Śivas try to follow him by indulging in poisons, and thus they are ruined
- Many devotees have tried to make adjustments to Krsna's being away from Vrndavana because, according to expert opinion, Krsna, the original Supreme Personality of Godhead, never goes even a step out of Vrndavana
- Misguided by the blind leaders of society, people consider the body to be everything, and they are engaged in trying to keep the body materially comfortable
- Mitra and Varuna chanced to meet Urvasi, the most beautiful prostitute of the heavenly kingdom, and they became lusty. Because they were great saints, they tried to control their lust, but they could not do so, and thus they discharged semen
- Modern man has struggled very hard to reach the moon, but he has not tried very hard to elevate himself spiritually
- Modern-day thinkers and philosophers are desperately trying to bring purity and unity into society
- My two secretaries, Srimad Bhagavan das Adhikari and Srimad Giriraja das Brahmacari tried their utmost to get an appointment from the secretary of the Governor of Maharashtra. His Excellency Nawab Ali Yavar Jung, but it was not successful
- Narada informed him that the Yadus were the most powerful. Thus informed, Kalayavana attacked the city of Mathura at the same time that Jarasandha tried to attack it for the eighteenth time
- Naturally, when they (the gopis) heard such unkind words, they tried to reply, but in the attempt torrents of tears fell from their eyes. Finally they managed to speak
- Nityananda Prabhu would stretch out His two hands and try to catch the Lord when He was running here and there
- Now people are very busy trying to find petroleum in the midst of the ocean. They are very anxious to make provisions for the future petroleum supply, but they do not make any attempts to ameliorate the conditions of birth, old age, disease and death
- Now try and understand our philosophy very carefully by reading all of our books, such as Bhagavad-gita As It Is, Srimad-Bhagavatam, Nectar of Devotion, Teachings of Lord Caitanya, and there are so many others
- Now you can try to introduce all my books into the Swedish Universities just as we are doing everywhere else
- Now you have in stock about 10,000 copies of KRSNA, face value of which is about $75,000, so kindly try to collect as much as possible and send your weekly collections to this deposit fund
- Of course, there are devotees who are trying to become servant. They are trying. The devotional service means, Krsna consciousness means to train people how to become servant of God. That is all
- On authoritative basis trying to enlighten
- One can become rich only by trying his luck in business. It is not possible by serving other. One should have independent source of income that is possible only if one is engaged in business or in land lordship
- One may try in different ways to think that everything is void in the ultimate issue, that there is no God and that even if the background of everything is spirit, it is impersonal
- One of the friends once remarked, "Sudama is trying his best to see Damodara defeated, and I think that if our powerful Subala joins him, they will be a very beautiful combination, like a valuable jewel bedecked with gold"
- One who is not trying to stop death is not an intelligent human being. Because Devaki was face to face with imminent death, it was Vasudeva's duty to save her, as he was trying his best to do
- Our only duty is how to achieve full Krsna consciousness. Other things, there is no need of trying
- Our temples cannot support you and your two wives. You will then want three, four, and more. Anyway as an American it is illegal for you to do this. We are trying to minimize sex and you are trying to increase it
- Out of great anger, he (Kaliya) began to struggle for existence and tried to raise one of his hoods to kill the Lord. Lord (Krsna) immediately captured that hood and subdued it by kicking it and dancing on it
- People are planning for peace in the world, but they do not know how to formulate that peace formula. You know. The United Nations are trying for the last twenty years or more than that for peace, but there is no peace actually in the world
- People do not try to understand Krsna; they simply try for economic development. Their first business should be to understand Krsna. Other business should be secondary. So at the present moment, it is very difficult task
- Personal realization does not mean that one should, out of vanity, attempt to show one's own learning by trying to surpass the previous acarya
- Prahlada Maharaja is the symbolic representation of Vaisnava. So try to be not imitator, but follower. Don't try to imitate: "Oh, Prahlada Maharaja was thrown into boiling oil. Let me try, fall into the boiling oil." No. That is imitation
- Prahlada Maharaja said: "This kind of endeavor you should not do." Exploitation. Not exploitation; I mean to say, unnecessarily trying for developing economic condition. The modern civilization is: "Exploit nature and materially be opulent"
- Preaching is our life. But in order to preach one must become firmly fixed in the spiritual practices otherwise his words will not act. It is the duty of every initiated disciple to try and please the spiritual master
- Ramacandra Khan's business was questionable, for he tried to avoid paying income tax to the government. Therefore the government's minister of finance was angry and came to his residence
- Recently I have made one record in Los Angeles, so in trying to train our men in that rhythm is not difficult. Just arrange for sixteen men; four mrdangas, harmonium, tamboura, and the rest playing karatalas
- Regarding the Government trying to acquire our land, I have already told you to finish the Temple immediately
- Regarding their wrestling, one friend once asked Krsna, "My dear friend, O killer of the Agha demon, You are very proudly wandering among Your friends trying to exhibit Your arms as very strong"
- Regarding your going to Moscow, if as you say, there is a chance of your getting a residential permit, then you should go there and try to get it. If your husband has a plan, that is very good
- Sati tried her best to mitigate the misunderstanding between the son-in-law and the father-in-law by coming to her father's house, even without an invitation, and at that time Daksa should have received her, forgetting all past misunderstandings
- Simply by trying, not perfectly. Even imperfectly. Because he is endeavoring to understand Krsna, that very activity will make him liberated. That very activity. It is not possible to understand Krsna. He is so great, unlimited
- Sisupala said, "In spite of all endeavors to the contrary, the time element executes its own plan without opposition. For example, one may try his best to live, but when the time for death comes, no one can check it"
- So especially now, people all over the world, they are trying to imitate the Western type of civilization. That is not bad. Do it. But you also do something so that Westerners may also take your knowledge
- So many scientists, they are trying to become happy, to make people happy, but which scientist has tried to stop death, to stop old age, to stop disease? Has any scientist tried
- So we have to somehow or other push on and Krishna will give us a chance. For yourself also you can try and take a visa as a teacher and some of your students may demand your presence. We have to play some tricks for Krishna's sake. What can be done?
- So we should not try to see God. Then we'll be baffled. Sometimes if, trying, trying, if I baffled - I cannot see - then I'll conclude, "There is no God. If there was God, I prayed so much and He did not appear before me"
- So-called scientists have tried in many ways to produce a living body in their chemical laboratories, but no one has been able to do it because unless the spirit soul is present, a body cannot be prepared from material elements
- Some (Men) are trying to reach the moon or other planets by some mechanical arrangement, for they are very anxious to get into such planets without doing good work. But it is not to happen
- Sometimes he (Arjuna) underwent severe types of penances, and later on he was rewarded by Indradeva. Lord Siva also wanted to try the strength of Arjuna, and in the form of an aborigine, Lord Siva met him
- Sometimes He tries to walk, taking step by step, and sometimes He talks very sweetly, in broken language. These were some of the symptoms of His middle kaumara age
- Sometimes Maya may come and try to interfere but we must not falter, , we must always follow the chalked out path layed down by the great acharya's and in the end you will see
- Sometimes the conditioned soul tries to save himself from inexorable time and thus takes shelter of some bogus savior
- Sometimes they used to snatch His clothing or snatch away the flowers from His hands. Sometimes one would try to induce another to decorate his body for him, and failing this, they were ready to fight, challenging one another to combat in wrestling
- Son of Satyabhama's nurse, "My dear Krsna, I never tried to gain the favor of the goddess of fortune, who is married to You, but still I am so fortunate that I am considered one of the members of Your house, the brother of Satyabhama"
- Stay where you are and continue to send him rent money. If he refuses to accept it, then lodge the money with the rent court. Even if he tries to take us to court it will take years, so there is no immediate danger
- Suppose you are sitting on the bus, on the car, for two hours. For two hours, if you go on chanting, "Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna," then tremendous result. So why don't you try it?
- That will be especially triumphant celebration for me, because only five years back I was sitting alone under a tree in your park thinking that perhaps no one will join me, but let me try.
- The cowherd men who were taking care of the cows on the top of Govardhana Hill tried to stop them, but they failed. Baffled by their failure, they were feeling ashamed and angry
- The demon quickly threw Krsna up and tried to kill Him by pinching Him in his beak. Bakasura did not know that although Krsna was playing the part of a child of Nanda Maharaja, He was still the original father of Lord Brahma, the creator of the universe
- The duration of life, so far as the body is concerned, may be taken; however one tries to keep it intact, no one can do it. But the spiritual education we receive in Krsna consciousness cannot be taken away by the sun. It becomes a solid asset
- The happiness of family life, friends and society is compared to a drop of water in the scorching desert. The entire material world is busy trying to attain happiness because happiness is the prerogative of the living being
- The human form of body is valuable. One can use this body to go to the higher planetary systems, to Pitrloka, or he can remain in this lower planetary system, but if one tries he can also return home, back to Godhead
- The individual soul becomes repentant that he forgot his constitutional position, wanted to become one with the Supreme Soul and tried his best to lord it over material nature. He has been baffled, and therefore he is repentant
- The King asked, "Have you submitted my petition to the Lord?" Sarvabhauma replied, "Yes, with much endeavor I have tried my best"
- The Lord resides in His Vaikuntha planet. No one can estimate how far away this planet is situated. It is said, however, that anyone trying to reach that planet by airships or by mindships, traveling for millions of years, will find it still unknown
- The Lord then said: "Take up your weapon and try again, eager as you are to conquer Me." Challenged in these words, the demon aimed his mace at the Lord and once more loudly roared
- The Mayavadi philosopher tries to establish that the living entity is only imaginary and that the Supreme Personality of Godhead is under the influence of maya. Hearing this kind of commentary breaks the heart and life of a devotee
- The movement for Krishna Consciousness can in no way be stopped and be faded away. Rather those who are trying to do any harm by uncalled for agitation after spreading false facts, they are sure to be disheartened
- The soul is the production of Krsna. Therefore ultimately, He is our dearmost friend. We are trying to love somebody. That somebody is a perverted reflection of Krsna
- The surabhi cow said, "Although Indra tried his best to kill my descendant cows in Vrndavana, they remained under Your (Krsna's) shelter, and You have protected them all so well"
- Their position is sour grapes. They try by their speculation to understand things, and being unable they say there is no God
- There are many inexperienced persons who advocate self-realization without the help of a spiritual master. They decry the necessity of the spiritual master and try themselves to take his place
- There are many sages and saints who engage in trying to conquer rebirth and all other material miseries
- There are ten offenses we should avoid. The first offense is to decry persons who try in their lives to broadcast the glories of the Lord
- There is no use trying to counteract them (happiness or distress). The best thing is that one should endeavor to achieve salvation, and this prerogative is given only to man because of his developed condition of mental activities and intelligence
- There was picking up, dragging and pushing, and then the legs and hands were locked together. All the arts of wrestling were perfectly exhibited by the parties as each tried his best to defeat his opponent
- Therefore God comes again to inform these rascals that "Now you have tried so much, better give up this, come to Me again"
- These Gosvamis, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's direct disciples, they tried to establish sad-dharma, and we are trying to follow their footprints, footsteps, to establish real dharma all over the world. This is Krsna consciousness movement
- They go to worship Lenin's tomb every day. Many other fools also go there, tourists, that Red Square. They tried in India for Jawaharlal Nehru's tomb, for Gandhi's tomb. So in the beginning there was little crowd. Now nobody goes
- They have tried to suppress our activities in many ways, but as far as we are concerned, we follow in the footsteps of Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami and take them as envious pigs and hogs
- This body, antavat, it will be finished. However you may try, so scientifically, applying cosmetic and other things, you cannot save the body. That is not possible
- Those who are saintly persons, they always see Krsna within his heart. Everyone can see if he tries. Why you and me? Anyone can see. Krsna is open to everyone. But He is not open to the rascals. That is Krsna's distinguish
- Those who are trying to understand the Absolute Truth by philosophical speculation, they can reach up to the impersonal Brahman effulgence of the Absolute Truth. Similarly, those who are trying to find out the Absolute Truth within the heart
- Those who are trying to visualize the Supreme Soul within the heart, they are called yogi
- Those who try the impossible are irrational and overambitious. Everyone has to proceed gradually, placing each step securely before taking the next one. In this way one will ultimately reach the goal
- Try to process the work in the above way and let me know how far it is feasible
- Trying to advance in spiritual life outside the disciplic succession is simply ludicrous
- Ujjvala said, "Under the circumstances, all these rivers of young girls may try to divert their courses to some other place, but at the end they must come unto You (Krsna)"
- Under the spell of illusion, living entities are trying to be lords of all they survey, but actually they are dominated by the material energy of the Lord
- Unfortunately, many mystic yogis try to meditate on something void, and as is stated in the Gita, the result is that they simply undergo trouble and do not achieve any tangible result
- Unless the Supreme Person sanctions, you cannot do anything. One is sure to suffer the material pangs of life. Nobody can stop it. So therefore we should not try. It will be automatically tried
- Vallabha Bhatta admitted, "I am a great fool, and indeed I have acted like a fool by trying to demonstrate my learning to You"
- Vasudeva was very anxious about Krsna's safety. He knew that Kamsa and his followers were trying to kill Krsna by sending various kinds of demons. They had already resolved that all children born within ten days of the birthday of Krsna should be killed
- We are trying for something which we are not. We know this word, "struggle for existence," "survival of the fittest." So this is struggle. We are not master; still, we are trying to become master
- We are trying to go to other planets with so many machines, so many mechanical arrangements. But if you have got spiritual body, you can go anywhere. Anywhere you can go
- We are trying to raise the animal-like humans to real human status
- We are trying with difficulty to reach other planets, but it is not difficult to understand the abode of the Supreme Lord. This abode is referred to as Goloka. In the Brahma-samhita it is beautifully described
- We do not want to see how, what kind of rituals and performances you are doing; we want to see the result, how much you have tried or how much you have developed your love of Godhead
- We have established the International Society for Krishna Consciousness. Anyone who is trying to be aloof from this Krishna Consciousness Society and yet engage in Krsna consciousness is living in a great hallucination, for this is not possible
- We should always think that we are in the modes of ignorance. We are just trying to make progress from ignorance to goodness and then transcend. This is the process of spiritual realization. Nobody should think that we are perfect
- We should not disturb the newcomers immediately with opposite proposals, but tactfully we shall try to teach him in our ways, and gradually he will come to understand this policy is very nice, and approved by me
- We should not ever try to force anyone or reduce our Society to an impersonal business exchange, this will kill everything
- When he heard the sound, he tried to find the speaker, searching on all sides. But when he was unable to find anyone besides himself, he thought it wise to sit down on his lotus seat firmly and give his attention to the execution of penance
- When he suffers reverses in his occupation, he tries again and again to improve himself, but when he is baffled in all attempts and is ruined, he accepts money from others because of excessive greed
- When He was talking, it was so nice and sweet to hear. When Mother Yasoda looked at His little ears and saw Him naked, trying to run very quickly with His little legs, she was merged into the ocean of nectar
- When I first came to America I never imagined that this movement would spread so far and wide. I thought that my Guru Maharaja has ordered me to try to spread his teachings in the English language, so let me try
- When I heard the sound of Krsna's flute, I tried to hide myself from the reaction of the vibrations. But still I could not check the trembling of my body
- When it itched, he petted it, and in this way he always tried to keep it in a comfortable condition. He (Bharata) sometimes kissed it out of love
- When one book is published I think I have conquered an empire. So try to publish as many books as possible and that will enhance the beauty and prestige of our society
- When Sitadevi was finally delivered from the clutches of Ravana, Ravana's whole family and kingdom, and Ravana himself, were vanquished. When Sitadevi came home she was tried by fire, and after some days she was again banished to the forest
- When the sons of Dhrtarastra tried to disrobe Draupadi in the assembly of the Kurus, Bhisma and Drona were silent, and for such negligence of duty they should be killed
- When we are baffled in the sense gratification, then we try to satisfy the thinking, feeling, willing of our mind. And when we fail satisfaction of the mind also, then we seek satisfaction of the soul. That is supreme
- When you employ your senses in the service of the proprietor of the senses, that is called bhakti. That is called bhakti. So that is real yoga, bhakti-yoga. Otherwise artificially if you try, one or two may be successful but mostly they will fail
- While Kamsa was speaking to his brother-in-law and sister, tears flowed from his eyes, and he fell down at their feet. Believing the words of Durga-devi, whom he had tried to kill, Kamsa immediately released his brother-in-law and sister
- While Mother Yasoda was dressing Krsna, he (Visala) would try to help put on Krsna's ankle bells, and Krsna would jokingly strike him with His flute
- While Nanda Maharaja was worshiping Lord Visnu on this occasion (of Krsna's birth ceremony) and was trying to satisfy all the people there, his only desire was that the newborn child Krsna would be happy
- While the demon was trying to smash Krsna & His companions, Krsna heard the demigods crying "Alas! Alas!" & He immediately began to expand Himself within the throat of the demon. Although he had a gigantic body, the demon choked by the expanding of Krsna
- Whole Vedic civilization is a culture how to stop this material body. The Mayavadi philosophers, they are also trying. The Buddhists, they are also trying. But they are thinking that "There is no soul. Finish this body"
- Why don't you try it (chanting Hare Krsna)? If without any loss, without any expenditure, you gain something, the supermost sublime thing, spiritual realization, why don't you try for it? We are not asking any money
- Why you are so much determined not to do anything to go back to home, back to Godhead? That is your misfortune. If it is so easy, and it is the means of solving all the problems, why not try it?
- Yes, try to get the land you have mentioned and construct a nice temple. That will be a great credit for you. I think the people there will be very much attracted to this movement. It is being received enthusiastically all over the world
- You can begin to reach that stage of revelation by training your tongue. What is that? Chant Hare Krsna and taste Krsna prasadam. Very simple method. You try it and see. Otherwise it is not possible
- You know the story? The jackal? He tried for the grapes, jumping, jumping, jumping. When it was failure, he said, "Oh, it is useless. It is sour, no use"
- You may title this book, Teachings of Lord Kapila, but it must be subtitled, "The Son of Devahuti". That will remain, do not try to change it
- Your plan to have the Rathayatra on July 18th, down 5th Avenue, is approved by me and I shall try to be there definitely. However make the carts very strong
- Your preaching in the colleges is nice, try to make some Indian devotees
- Yudhisthira could understand the feelings of Duryodhana & he tried to restrain the queens, but Krsna indicated that Yudhisthira should not restrain them from enjoying the incident. Krsna desired that Duryodhana be fooled in that way