Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
challenge | challenged | challenger | challenges | challengers | challenging | challengingly
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
- ► Krsna's Challenging (15 P)
- ► My Challenge (Prabhupada) (20 P)
- ► Our Challenge (Disciples of SP) (21 P)
- ► Prabhupada Challenging the Scientists (1 C, 17 P)
- ► Wager (5 P)
Pages in category "Challenge"
The following 99 pages are in this category, out of 99 total.
- A challenging spirit before the spiritual master should be avoided if one is at all interested in learning the Vedic instructions in depth
- A challenging, puffed-up person cannot gain anything from a Krsna conscious man; he simply remains in material consciousness
- A ksatriya never slains anybody who is sleeping. Ksatriya's business is to challenge, and if the other party has no weapon, he supplies weapon
- A pure devotee has the power to challenge such high-caste people, and his brave statements are not to be considered proud or puffed up. On the contrary, he is to be considered straightforward
- All the members of the assembly who had heard the challenge were greatly agitated, and they got up, making a tumultuous sound. Hiranya and Govardhana Majumadara both immediately chastised the brahmana tax collector
- Alone, Samba turned toward them (Karna, Sala, Bhuri, Yajnaketu, Duryodhana and Bhismadeva) and took his nice bow, posing exactly as a lion stands adamant in the face of other animals. Karna, leading the party, challenged Samba
- Although not an expert chess player, Sri Balaramaji was very enthusiastic in sporting activities. He accepted Rukmi's challenge and sat down to play
- Among ksatriya kings, gambling on chess was not uncommon. If someone challenged a ksatriya to play on the chessboard, the ksatriya could not refuse the challenge
- An administrative head or king like Maharaja Pariksit, with full majestic authority, well equipped with weapons to chastise miscreants, can challenge the agents of the age of Kali. Then only will it be possible to counteract the degraded age
- And ideal gosvami should remain here to challenge
- Argument is allowed but not in a challenging spirit. With a spirit to rightly understand
- Around the neck of the Personality of Godhead hung a flower garland that reached to His knees. His eight stout and elongated arms were decorated with that garland, which challenged the beauty of the goddess of fortune
- Atheistic, challenging against the supreme authority, challenging the father. Now, without father, I could not see the light of this world. Then what is the use of challenging my father?
- Balarama's eyes are naturally reddish, and when He became agitated and angry His eyes became more reddish. This time He challenged Rukmi and made a bet of a hundred million coins
- Being empowered by his wife, Pradyumna immediately went before Sambara and challenged him to fight. Pradyumna addressed him in very strong language, so that his temper would be agitated and he would be moved to fight
- Betting was with gold coins, and Balarama first of all challenged with one hundred coins, then one thousand coins, then ten thousand coins. Each time, Balarama lost, and Rukmi was victorious
- By such tiny advancements in material science the false egoist tries to challenge even the strength of the Supreme Lord, who can finish all man's tiny endeavors in less than a second
- By your knowledge. If you are scientist, you are chemist, through chemical challenge you try to glorify the Supreme Lord. If you are physicist, from physical point of view, try to explain
- I am absolutely certain that anyone who challenges me I can defeat you. Why is that? Because Krishna gives me the intelligence
- If someone challenged a ksatriya to play on the chessboard, the ksatriya could not refuse the challenge
- If we strain, and if he takes one book home, some day people will come to understand what valuable knowledge they have received. It is transcendental literature. Nobody can challenge it. It is done so nicely, without any spot, the spotless Purana
- If you have surrendered, then you can ask some question. And sevaya. That pariprasna should not be challenge. By seva, by service. This is our process
- If you say that they are animal civilization, that is a great credit for them. It is less than animal civilization. Write all this in papers and everything, all openly. Challenge strongly. First of all, realize, then challenge
- If you want to forget God, challenge God, "There is no God. God is dead," then He'll give you such intelligence that you'll always think that there is no God, that God is dead, like that. He'll give some arguments
- In the age of Kali there are so many pretenders dressed and posed like administrators or executive heads, but their real identity is disclosed when they are challenged by a real ksatriya
- In these chivalrous activities, only Krsna's friends can be the opponents. Krsna's enemies can never actually be His opponents. Therefore, this challenging by Krsna's friends is called devotional service in chivalrous activities
- Indra was angry when the fire was set in the Khandava Forest (Arjuna satisfied the fire-god by setting fire to the Khandava Forest), and thus Indra, assisted by all other demigods, began fighting with Arjuna for his great challenge
- Karna challenged Samba, "Why are you fleeing? Just stand, and we shall teach you a lesson!"
- Krsna's friends played blindman's buff, challenging and touching one another. Sometimes they imitated the forest deer and various kinds of birds. They joked with one another by imitating croaking frogs, and they enjoyed swinging underneath the trees
- Let our philosophy be challenged by anyone and we shall defeat them. I want that you distribute our books very widely, as many as possible, then people will get the right information
- Lord Balarama came personally to settle the matter, and, as a powerful ksatriya, He ordered them to free Samba immediately. The Kauravas were superficially insulted by this order, so they challenged Lord Balarama's power
- Maharaja Pariksit challenges even such denizens of heaven if they torture the offenseless. This means that the state executive head must be as strong as Maharaja Pariksit so that he may be determined to punish the strongest offenders
- Mira challenged that "I came to Vrndavana. I know that only Krsna is purusa here, and everyone is woman. So how does it mean that Rupa Gosvami's declined to see another woman?" So Rupa Gosvami agreed, "Yes, I am mistaken"
- Mirabhai challenged Rupa Gosvami, "I know that only Krsna is purusa here, and everyone is woman"
- Once Sridama challenged Bhadrasena and said to him, "My dear friend, you needn't be afraid of me yet. I shall first of all defeat our brother Balarama, then I shall beat Krsna, and then I shall come to you"
- One cannot challenge a superior authority, but with great submission one can submit his proposal for acceptance by the spiritual master or spiritual authorities
- One friend addressed Krsna, "My dear Madhusudana, You know my strength, yet You are encouraging Bhadrasena, and not me, to challenge mighty Baladeva. By this action You are simply insulting me because my arms are as strong as the bolts of the gate!"
- One should approach a Krsna conscious person with all humility, put relevant questions to him and not challenge him. If one were to challenge him, such a highly elevated Krsna conscious person would not be available to receive any tangible service
- Perfect knowledge is called parampara, or deductive knowledge coming down from the authority to the submissive aural receiver who is bona fide by service and surrender. One cannot challenge the authority of the Supreme
- Puffed up by tiny success in material advancement, sometimes the godless materialists challenge the existence of God. Ravana was one of them, and he wanted to deport ordinary men to the planet of Indra (heaven) by material means
- Ravana and Hiranyakasipu and many others become very famous due to advancing material civilization by the help of material science and other activities with a spirit of challenging the established order of the Lord
- Roaring like thunder, he said: Are You not ashamed of running away before a challenging adversary? There is nothing reproachable for shameless creatures
- Rukmi again challenged Balarama and made a bet of a hundred thousand gold coins, but fortunately this time Balarama won. Nonetheless, out of cunningness Rukmi claimed that Balarama was the loser and that he himself had won
- Rukmi was advised to retaliate against the family members of Krsna by challenging Balarama to play chess
- Samba accepted the challenge (by Karna) and stood alone before them, but as soon as he did so he was overpowered by showers of arrows shot by all the great warriors
- Sanatana Gosvami was actually following the disciplic principles. He wanted to please Lord Caitanya submissively. To please the spiritual master means to approach him submissively, not in a challenging mood
- So many rascals come, they challenge, "Can you show me God?" So... Yes. We can show you God, provided you have got the eyes. God can be seen by different type of eyes. Not these eyes. That is stated in the sastra
- Sometimes they used to snatch His clothing or snatch away the flowers from His hands. Sometimes one would try to induce another to decorate his body for him, and failing this, they were ready to fight, challenging one another to combat in wrestling
- Sometimes we are very much proud of seeing and challenge, "Can you show me God?" but we forget to remember that as soon as the light is gone, the power of my seeing is gone
- Sri Balaramaji was not a very expert chess player, and this was known to the King of Kalinga. So Rukmi was advised to retaliate against the family members of Krsna by challenging Balarama to play chess
- Sri Maitreya said: The demon, being thus challenged by the Personality of Godhead, became angry and agitated, and he trembled in anger like a challenged cobra
- Submission means I must approach somebody who is actually in better position or higher position. Otherwise, what is the use of approaching? Tad viddhi pranipatena pariprasnena sevaya. And seva means service. You cannot challenge
- The assurances and challenges made by Maharaja Pariksit are never exaggerations of his real power. The Maharaja said that even the denizens of heaven could not escape his stringent government if they were violators of religious principles
- The authority of the Vedas is unchallengeable and stands without any question of doubt. And whatever is stated in the Vedas must be accepted completely, otherwise one challenges the authority of the Vedas
- The challenge was that "If you are servants of Dharmaraja, then explain what is dharma." It doesn't matter whether a man is civilized or uncivilized or good-looking or bad-looking, but if he has got proper guide, then he can speak the right thing
- The demoniac person always challenges others and tries to occupy others' property by force
- The Kurus thought, "If they (Yadus) come to challenge us because their son was arrested, we shall accept the fight & teach them a lesson, automatically they will be subdued under pressure, as the senses are subdued by the mystic yoga process of pranayam"
- The Lord is situated in everyone's heart, giving dictation according to the attitude of the servant. However, the Lord gives different dictation to the nondevotees and devotees. The nondevotees challenge the authority of the Supreme Lord
- The Lord then said: "Take up your weapon and try again, eager as you are to conquer Me." Challenged in these words, the demon aimed his mace at the Lord and once more loudly roared
- The Lord's (Varahadeva's) resounding voice was tumultuous and echoed horribly in all directions as an open threat to all demons who might challenge His omnipotency
- The nondevotees challenge the authority of the Supreme Lord, and therefore the Lord dictates in such a way that the nondevotees forget the Lord's service, life after life, and are punished by the laws of nature
- The one who is questioning, he should be submissive, not in a challenging mood; and one who is answering, he should remember the lotus feet of the Lord so that right answer can come from Him
- The process of understanding transcendental subject matter is not by challenge but by submission. The whole bhakti process is submission. That is Caitanya Mahaprabhu's preaching
- The proper method for receiving this transcendental message is to hear it submissively. A challenging attitude cannot help one realize this transcendental message
- The word uraga indicates that there are planets of enormous serpents. Such a description of the various planets of the universe may challenge modern scientists who think that all planets but this earth are vacant
- Then Haridasa Thakura accepted the challenge offered by Gopala Cakravarti. "If by namabhasa liberation is not available, certainly I shall cut off my nose"
- There is a story of a man who was challenged whether he had any intelligence. He then began to look in his pocket
- This life of a Vaisnava begins with surrender, not the challenge
- This process of concentrating on the different bodily parts of the Lord will gradually diminish the demoniac challenge of godlessness and bring about gradual development of devotional service to the Lord
- To be influential in battle, unconquerable, patient, challenging and charitable, to control the bodily necessities, to be forgiving, to be attached to the brahminical nature and to be always jolly and truthful - these are the symptoms of the ksatriya
- To challenge the authority of Narayana, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is the business of asuras (demons). Yet sometimes suras, or devotees, are also bewildered by the illusory energy and falsely claim to be the maintainer of the entire universe
- We cannot learn this transcendental subject matter by challenge. If we are submissive, if we are engaged in His service, then, by His divine grace, He reveals Himself
- We have to go to guru and surrender there. Without surrendering, you cannot learn anything. If you want to challenge guru, it is not possible. Then you'll learn nothing
- We may be very proud of our eyes, but we cannot even see our next-door neighbor. People challenge, "Can you show me God?" But what can they see? What is the value of their eyes?
- When challenged by another ksatriya to stand and fight, a ksatriya cannot run away; he must fight
- When demons become very powerful, they defy the supreme controller, the Personality of Godhead. Indra, though not a demon, was puffed up by his material position, and he wanted to challenge the supreme controller
- When they (the princes) attacked Krsna's party, shot arrows like incessant torrents of rain, Arjuna, Krsna's best friend, took charge of the challenge, he alone very easily drove them off to please his great friend Krsna on the occasion of His marriage
- When you will be devotee, lover of God, then, by that ointment, your eyes will be cleared and you will be seeing God. Now, here is God, Krsna. Here is God. Why the people in Bombay, those who are challenging, "Can you show me God?" they do not come here?
- While making the plan to arrest Samba, the Kurus counseled amongst themselves that upon his arrest the members of the Yadu dynasty would be very angry with them. There was every possibility of the Yadus' accepting the challenge and fighting with them
- You have to understand by pranipatena, by submission, not by challenging. If you challenge, then you will never be able to understand. This whole process is submission. Sarva-dharman parityajya mam ekam saranam vraja
- You must approach to a person who knows by surrender, not by challenge. You cannot know about soul and God by this challenging spirit. You have to become a submissive, submissive. You have to accept a spiritual master who knows
- You must find out a suitable person where you can question and get the proper answer, a spiritual master. That means surrender. Then question. Question is not a challenge. Question is to understand
- You should not question any person by challenging spirit. You should simply question, being inquisitive to know. That is bona fide. Otherwise, if you question just to examine his strength, that will create only fighting spirit. That is not good