Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
dare | dares | daring | dared
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Audacity (6 P)
Pages in category "Dare"
The following 59 pages are in this category, out of 59 total.
- A pious king like Maharaja Pariksit should have at once killed an offender who wanted to cheat the public by dressing like a king and at the same time daring to insult the purest of the animals, a cow
- After hearing from the mouth of their master about the extraordinary glories of the Lord and His name, fame and attributes, the Yamadutas were struck with wonder. Since then, as soon as they see a devotee, they fear him and dare not look at him again
- Akrura continued, "Anyone who knows Their (Krsna and Balarama's) unlimited strength would never dare offend Them or fight with Them"
- All the friends were very daring and would risk any difficulty, because they were confident that Krsna would help them to be victorious in all adventures
- Any kind of happiness derived from religiousness, economic development, liberation or sense gratification cannot even dare to enter into the heart of a pure devotee
- As you have developed a deep love for me, I dare to ask you to send me financial help to take me to Japan. I think you can immediately instruct your Embassy in Delhi to do the needful and dispatch me to Japan on your behalf
- Even big scholars cannot understand Krsna, yet they dare comment on the Bhagavad-gita. Reading the Bhagavad-gita means understanding Krsna, yet we actually see many scholars making blunders in trying to understand Krsna
- Everyone knew that Damodara Pandita was strict in practical dealings. Therefore everyone was afraid of him and dared not do anything independent
- For a servant of God there is no need to exhibit mystic powers, and he does not like to do so, but on behalf of God a humble servant of God performs his activities in such a wonderful way that no common man can dare try to act like him
- Formerly, no book will be accepted unless it is written by liberated soul. That was the system. No other man will dare to write any book, neither his book will be accepted in society
- He dared not pick up his weapon again. Vrtrasura, however, encouraged him, saying, "Take up your thunderbolt and kill your enemy. This is not the time to lament your fate"
- He went to the prostitute, and she was astonished: "Well, Bilvamaṅgala" - his name was Bilvamaṅgala - "how do you dare to come here like this?" Oh, he described, "Yes. I did this, I did this, I did this, I did this." Oh, the prostitute was astonished
- I am simply trying to write about Gauracandra's transcendental activities & spiritual madness, which are very wonderful & uncommon. I dare to write of them only because I have heard from the mouths of those who have personally seen the Lord's activities
- I dared to approach them because I am confident that what I am presenting, it is solid. There is no mistake
- I had advised Brahmananda not to go to Pakistan after the civil war began there but I am afraid that he was very daring and might have gone against my instruction; so I am very, very much anxious to know about Brahmananda
- If one does not care for the verdict of the sastras and dares blaspheme a Vaisnava, he suffers life after life because of this
- In affairs of spiritual advancement and even in ordinary dealings, you are on the level of his spiritual master. Yet not knowing his own value, he dares to advise you
- Indra said, "They (the inhabitants of Vrindavana) are simply inhabitants of the forest, but being infatuated with their friend Krsna, who is nothing but an ordinary human being, they have dared to defy the demigods"
- Indra's wives inspired him to run after the Lord to fight, and Indra, because he was a henpecked husband and also a fool, listened to them and dared to fight with Krsna. He was a fool on this occasion because he forgot that everything belongs to the Lord
- Is it not astounding that one dares to call the Supreme Lord nonenergetic? The Lord is the controller of all energies, and the living entities are parts and parcels of one of the energies
- It was due to my lack of esteem for my Lord (Krsna) that I (Arjuna) dared engage Him as my chariot driver, for He is worshiped and offered services by the best men to attain salvation
- It was He only who loosened the hair of all the wives of the miscreants who dared open the cluster of your Queen's hair, which had been nicely dressed. At that time she fell down at the feet of Lord Krsna with tears in her eyes
- Narayana said, "If the benediction proves false, then you (Vrkasura) can at once kill this liar, Lord Siva, so that in the future he will not dare give out false benedictions"
- Not daring to place the dust of the gopis' feet on his own head in this life, Uddhava aspired to have a future birth in Vrndavana in the position of a clump of grass or herbs. He would then be able to have the dust of the gopis' feet
- O father, this performance (being attracted to your daugher) in which you are endeavoring to complicate yourself was never attempted by any other Brahma, nor by anyone else, nor by you in previous kalpas, nor will anyone dare to attempt it in the future
- Oh, who are you? You appear to be strong and yet you dare kill, within my protection, those who are helpless! By your dress you pose yourself to be a godly man (king), but by your deeds you are opposing the principles of the twice-born ksatriyas
- Since demoniac persons are less intelligent, they dare to fight with Visnu, who is known as Ajita, or one who has never been conquered
- Since the bull and cow are your father and mother, how can you kill and eat them? What kind of religious principle is this? On what strength are you so daring that you commit such sinful activities?
- So just last evening one boy was criticizing Krsna that "Why Krsna makes this distinction stri-sudra-vaisya as papa-yoni?" So this is Godlessness, that we dare to criticize Krsna. We should not criticize Krsna
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu dared not forbid him to feed Him more. He just continued eating, fearful that Jagadananda would fast if He stopped
- Sri Krsna knew that His elder brother, Lord Baladeva, was arranging her (Subhadra's) marriage elsewhere, and since He did not dare to go against the arrangement of Baladeva, He advised Arjuna to kidnap Subhadra
- The four major vices are (1) illicit connection with women, (2) animal slaughter, (3) intoxication, (4) speculative gambling of all sorts. A gosvami must be free from all these vices before he can dare sit on the vyasasana
- The impersonalists would not dare believe that in the spiritual world there are such varieties of enjoyment, but in order to demonstrate the factual, ever-blissful enjoyment in the spiritual world, Lord Krsna descended to this planet
- The King was so puffed up and impudent that he dared disrespect the great saintly personalities, and this brought him ruination
- Then Ramacandra Puri was so foolish that he fearlessly dared to instruct his spiritual master
- They (the demigods) are always afraid of fighting with us (the counselors of Kamsa), and even if they wish to check our activities, they will not dare to do so. Because of your (Kamsa) immeasurable strength, they fear your bow
- They (the unintelligent people) consider activities in devotional service the same as activities in material consciousness. Under such a wrong impression, they sometimes dare joke about the spiritual activities of the Lord and His devotional service
- This is the first accusation Jada Bharata made against the King (Rahugana), who was daring to talk to a learned brahmana from the flimsy ground of ignorance, identifying everything with matter
- This is the verdict of all sastras. If one does not care for the verdict of the sastras and dares blaspheme a Vaisnava, he suffers life after life because of this
- This John Lennon, how he dares to photograph naked with his lover? How lowest class man he is, that he has no shame even. And he's also big man. Press reporters go to take his opinion on certain subject matters
- Uddhava appreciated the exalted position of the gopis and wished to fall down and take the dust of their feet on his head. Yet he dared not ask the gopis to offer the dust from their feet; perhaps they would not be agreeable
- Unauthorized persons perversely try to understand Srimad-Bhagavatam, and thus they commit offenses at the feet of the Lord, which even Sripada Sankaracarya dared not do
- Unauthorized yogis even dare to say publicly that one can indulge in drinking and at the same time practice meditation
- Under the order of Banasura, the soldiers from all sides attempted to capture and arrest him. When they dared to come before him, Aniruddha struck them with the rod, breaking their heads, legs, arms and thighs, & one after another they fell to the ground
- You are well known and worshiped in learned circles. How dare you kill this brahmana, who is a saintly, sinless person, well versed in Vedic knowledge? Killing him would be like destroying the embryo within the womb or killing a cow
- You have dared criticize Sridhara Svami, and you have begun your own commentary on Srimad-Bhagavatam, not accepting his authority. That is your false pride
- You rogue, do you dare beat an innocent cow because Lord Krsna and Arjuna, the carrier of the Gandiva bow, are out of sight? Since you are beating the innocent in a secluded place, you are considered a culprit and therefore deserve to be killed