Category:What Is The
"what is the"
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "What Is The"
The following 142 pages are in this category, out of 142 total.
- A guru is mahajana because he knows what is religion and what is the law given by God. Therefore he's mahajana. How he has become mahajana? Because he is following the previous mahajana. That's all. It is not difficult. Evam parampara-praptam
- Actually in the West there is now no culture, and no brain even for what is the purpose of life. American civilization is finished, except that it can be saved if it takes to Krsna Consciousness
- Acyutananda Maharaja, why do they say, "I think," "In my opinion"? What is the value of your opinion?
- After giving up your this body, you have to accept another body. Then what is the value of material knowledge? This time you may have this human form of body, next time you may not have
- All living entities, they are ajnah; they have forgotten what is the value of life
- All these, my students, all of them are Americans, and they come from Christian or Jewish group. None of them came from Hindu or India. But what is the process I have given to them? The process is chant Hare Krsna. It is very simple method
- Analyze the chemicals and combine them and put in the incubator. You get one chicken. Why the rascals cannot do it? And still, they say that life comes from chemicals. What is the answer?
- And it is very easy. And you can do in happy mood. And what is the process? We chant Hare Krsna and eat Krsna-prasada and study Bhagavad-gita philosophy, hear nice musical sounds. Is it very difficult? Is it very difficult? Not at all
- Any intelligent man will see that what is the value of my material knowledge? I have to die. I have to be victim of disease and old age. Then what is the value?
- Anyone can experience. The body is active so long the soul is there. It doesn't require much intelligence. Simply one can understand what is the difference between the dead body and the living body
- Arjuna said: What is the destination of the man of faith who does not persevere, who in the beginning takes to the process of self-realization but who later desists due to worldly-mindedness & thus does not attain perfection in mysticism? BG 6.37 - 1972
- Ask anybody that "What is the aim of your life?" Nobody... Nobody will be able to say
- Because he is rascal, therefore he's 'ex,' excommunicated. My Guru Maharaja kicked him out, so what is the value of his word? Ex means he's executed. That's all. He's finished
- Because nature is so perfect, at the time of your death, what is the mental condition, you will get a similar body, next life
- But what is the position of a woman who is left by her husband? She is entrusted to the son, and the son promises that he will deliver his mother from entanglement
- By praying, it is expected that one should have mercy of God. So what is the test that he has got the mercy of God?
- Hiranyakasipu or the manufacturer of the atomic bomb, they are also undergone severe austerities. It is not manufactured all of a sudden. But it required brain and perseverance. They have manufactured, but what is the value?
- How do you differentiate the Krsna Mahabharata and Krsna God different? Because Krsna is speaking Bhagavad-gita. That is a chapter in the Mahabharata. So how do you differentiate? What is the cause that you are differentiating?
- How to conclude what is the right path?
- Human being or animal, they are not different, because the body is made of the same ingredient. If you manufacture a dog like a dog, like a man, what is the difference? The ingredient is the same: earth
- Human life is meant for earning values. This life is called arthadam, or that which can deliver values. And what is the greatest value of life? It is returning home, back to Godhead, as indicated in the Bhagavad-gita
- I am hearing indirectly that everything is going well in our London and European centers. Still I would like to know from you what is the situation. I am expecting a report from you on all new developments in the activities of the centers there
- I am pushing on this Krsna consciousness movement, I am doing so many things which sometimes my Godbrothers out of envy criticize. But I know what is the circumstances how to do it. They do not know it. I know my business
- I do not know anything about this account. Who is the Secretary? Who are the signatories? What is the purpose of the account?
- I do not know why our disciples are so anxious to take sannyasa, at least those who are outside. Everyone comes: "Give me sannyasa." What is the idea?
- I want to know fully what is the position of Bhaktivedanta Manor (I think it is not good) and Germany. You must analyze these problems very carefully and make frequent reports and I will give you further instructions
- I've advised all the GBC members here to keep regular correspondence with you. So what is the cause for mistrust? I do not know
- If one argues, "What is the purpose of this sinful creation and annihilation?" the answer is that to prove His (the Supreme Lord's) omnipotence He can do anything, and no one can question Him
- If one does not ask, "Who am I? What is the goal of my life?" but instead follows the same animal propensities as cats and dogs, what is the use of his education?
- If one does not hear Krsna, then he must be grouped in these categories: duskrtina, mudha, naradhama, mayayapahrta-jnana. What is the value of their so-called education if they cannot understand the simple truth, tatha dehantara-praptih - BG 2.13
- If we analyze, what is the fault of Jesus Christ, there is no fault. The only fault he was preaching about God. And still he'd find so many enemies. He was cruelly crucified
- If you are studying Vedas, if you are Vedantist, then ultimate knowledge will depend how you have understood Krsna. If you do not understand Krsna, what is the use of your studying Vedanta and Vedas? It is useless
- If you employ your tongue in the service of the Lord, He'll reveal Himself to you. He'll reveal, revelation. So therefore we have to control the tongue. What is the tongue's business? The tongue's business is taste and vibrate
- If you the elder disciples cannot manage things, then what is the future of the society? My business now is to sit down and write my books, and I am requesting you all to please cooperate with me in this endeavor
- If you want to know the Absolute Supreme Personality of Godhead, you cannot speculate, neither meditate. It is not possible, because your senses are very imperfect. So what is the way? Just hear from Him
- If you want to make research, then search out what is the original brain, not the process. Process is already going on. What is the use of your research, nonsense
- In the Bhagavad-gita it is stated that a learned man looks upon a well educated Brahmin who is well behaved by education and so also upon a candala who is accustomed to eat the dogs. And what is the purport of this equal vision?
- In this verse the King (Maharaja Pariksit) has placed two questions before the learned sages. The first question is what is the duty of everyone in all circumstances, and the second question is what is the specific duty of one who is to die very shortly
- Maharaja Pariksit's main question was: "What is the duty of every man, specifically at the time of death?"
- My dear father, what is the source of your knowledge? Under whose protection are you standing? And under whom are you working? What is your real position? Do you alone create all entities with material elements by your personal energy
- My dear first-class demon, I think you are asking me what is the best thing. So, in my opinion, everyone is very, very anxious
- My other godbrothers they are concerned with litigations, politics, and diplomacy, so what is the pracara? As far as I am concerned I have the blessings of my guru maharaj. I do not need anything else
- Nature means energy. What is the definition of nature?
- Nevertheless, in spite of such knowledge, one is forced to commit sins again and again, even after performing acts of atonement. Therefore, what is the value of such atonement?
- Nobody wants to suffer from diseases, but nature will force you to suffer from diseases. These are the problems. But the rascal civilization, they do not know what is the real problem
- Now everyone is hankering after very beautiful wife, and Canakya Pandita said, "Then you are bringing one enemy." Just see what is the type of civilization
- Now, even still, we do not come to the understanding what is the difference between the living body and the dead body. There are so many theories, but as I have already told you that we receive knowledge from the perfect person, Krsna
- On the basis of imperfect knowledge this ethic or this humanitarian, what is the value? We do not give any value to all this understanding
- One thing is, we have not yet developed what we have got, so what is the point of expanding further?
- One time an atheistic svami remarked, "What is the use of watering the tulasi plant? It is better to water eggplant. By watering the eggplant one can get some fruits, but what is the use of watering the tulasi?"
- Out of many millions and millions of persons, actually they are serious to understand, "What is the aim of life? What is God? What is my relation..." Nobody is interested
- People have become so dull-headed, they cannot understand what is the real suffering, and neither they have any inquiries how to mitigate the sufferings
- Prasanna means happy mode of life. Brahma-bhutah prasannatma. What is the happy mode of life? Na socati na kanksati. He does not lament. He does not hanker
- Real welfare activity means to see to the interest of the soul. So what is the interest of the soul? The interest of the soul is that the soul is part and parcel of Krsna, God
- Round about our temple there are many apartment houses constructed. Will you enquire about an apartment not less than three rooms and up to four rooms and find out what is the price and what are the terms
- Running means just like the river is running in great tide, flowing, but the destination is the sea. When the river comes to the sea, then its destination gone. So similarly, we must know what is the destination. The destination is Visnu, God
- Sadhana means the activity by which we can attain, we can achieve that goal of life. This is called sadhya-sadhana. The Darwin theory, although they are giving some idea of progressive evolution, but he does not know what is the goal of life
- Sanatana dharma means the strong will utilize the energy of the weak. That we see everywhere, is it not? So that competitive spirit makes us strong, otherwise it is a society of weak men only, & what is the good of such society?
- Sankara said, "No, matter is our false position. Spirit is real position." But he did not say anything, what are the activities of the spiritual life
- Simply theorizing, making plan, and they do not know what is the suffering. Such a rascal civilization. So we have to introduce real civilization. Therefore we are struggling so hard
- Simply theorizing, making plan, and they do not know what is the suffering. Such a rascal civilization. So we have to introduce real civilization. Therefore we are struggling so hard. So make in such a way
- So-called independence means anatha. Anatha. What is the independence? At any time nature's law will come and kick it out
- Spiritual revolution means the people should understand what is the Supreme Truth, and then mold their character and activities according to that relationship. Then that is success of human life
- Spiritualism (means) there where one understands that what is the constitutional position of spirit and act according to that
- Tat tvam asi. That means you are spirit soul. So what is the objection?
- That a dog, it does not know what is the taste. He is simply chewing the, one bone, this way, that way, this way, that way. Because he is animal. He has no other engagement. So this whole society is animal. Especially the westerners
- That is the defect of Western civilization. Vox populi, taking opinion of the public. But what is the value of this public? Drunkards, smokers, meat-eaters, woman-hunters
- The animal has no soul? So imperfect knowledge. So on the basis of imperfect knowledge this ethic or this humanitarian, what is the value?
- The butcher is killing animal because he does not know what is the effect of this killing. Similarly, persons who do not know what is the value of this human form of life and simply spoiling it just like animals, they are also butchering themselves
- The devotee contemplates, "Since You (Lord) are present, what is the use of the transient pleasure derived from society, friendship and love"
- The expert comes and at once sees what is the defect, and he joins one wire, this way and that way, and machine becomes start. Hrzum, hrzum, hrzum, hrzum, hrzum, hrzum
- The lowest stage is the karmis. Karmis means those who are working very hard for sense gratification. They are called karmis. And the next stage is the jnani. Wiser than the karmis, they try to realize the value of life, what is the value of life
- The man's knowledge should be developed to find out this technology, what is the difference between a living man and a dead man, a living body and dead body. That is spiritual knowledge
- The question that "Why Bhagavata is so important than other books?" The reply is there: maha-muni krte kim va paraih. "What is the use of other books?" It is written by Maha-muni Vyasadeva, the Vedanta-acarya
- The world is full of rascals, therefore there is need of so many gurus to teach them. But what is that qualification of the guru? How everyone can become guru?
- There are so many commentators on Bhagavad-gita, but nobody has pointed out what is the real business of Bhagavad-gita
- These rascals will change every year their theology. So what is the value of their words? Childish. He is a rascal. We say, "Krsna, the Supreme" We never change it. And "Surrender is the only process" We shall never change it
- These sixteen thousand wives, how they became wives? You know the story, that many beautiful, sixteen thousand beautiful, I mean to say, king's daughters were kidnapped by the asura. What is the name of that asura? Bhaumasura
- They are making scientific researches to become happy, but these rascals, they do not know how to stop death. So what is the nice? But they have no brain to understand
- They do not know what is the importance of the varnasrama-dharma. They have broken it. They don't like. They want to say classless society
- They have the botanical garden, but do they know what is the science why there is tree and why there is ant, why there is bird, why there is man?
- They say that God cannot come. But if I put the question: "Why God cannot come?" what is the answer? If God is all-powerful, why you are curtailing His power, that He cannot come? What kind of God is He? God is under your law, or you are under God's law?
- This human form of body is a great concession given by the material nature. People are so miscreant and foolish. They do not understand what is the value of this human form of life
- This is the modern civilization. They do not know what is the goal of life. And without knowing the goal of life, they are trying to adjust things on this material platform
- This is the special prerogative of human being, that he can understand the nature, this cosmic manifestation, and the enjoyer of the nature, and he can be fully conversant about what is the object of knowledge, jneyam
- We (King Nimi) are asking you (the Nine Yogendras) to tell us what is the most perfect welfare activity. I think that in this material world, association with devotees - even if it be for a moment - is the greatest treasure house for mankind
- We are not submitting to suffering. Then what is the civilization? We don't want suffering. That is our position
- We are performing the actual welfare work of society by informing everyone through our literatures who is God, who they are, and what is the relationship
- We are running so fast for going to hell. This is our position, because we do not know what is the destination. If I do not know what is the destination and try to drive my car in full speed, then what will be the result? The result will be disaster
- We do not say that we do not believe in the demigods. No, we believe in. But they are servants. We cannot make the servant & master on the equal footing. We worship Durga. Now, what is the function? She is acting by the desire of the Supreme Lord, Govinda
- We should consider what was the religion of the world 2,600 years ago because modern history cannot place before you any chronological list of religious evolution within 2,600 years
- We should tax our brains as to what is the best way to present Krishna Consciousness to particular people at a particular time and place
- We will have to see what is the price if printed in America or Japan
- Well, the hippies, they are nonsense. What is the value of their anything? They have no value. They are crazy, mad fellows. That's all. There is no philosophy, nothing of the sort
- What has happened to the registration of the society in Fiji. When I left it was settled up that you would remain there until the completion, but I have not heard from you and I am anxious to know what is the situation there. Please inform me
- What is the attachment? The attachment involves prakrti and purusa
- What is the basis of peace? Basis of peace is love
- What is the busyness of these Krsna conscious students? They are busy in chanting Hare Krsna, in distributing knowledge in Krsna consciousness. Therefore they are doing the best welfare work in the world
- What is the caste system? There is no caste system. Everyone is sudra. Who is a brahmana now, qualified, except one or two in our camp?
- What is the comparison of thousands of prajapatis to one devotee of the Lord
- What is the difference between man and animal? They do not find any difference?
- What is the distinction of this dead body and the living body? So according to Vedic instruction, according to Krsna's instruction, the body is always dead. But so long the soul is there, it appears to be living
- What is the instrument for measuring Krsna's spiritual energy?
- What is the interest of maintaining body and soul together? One earns money for maintenance of the body - personal or social
- What is the means of attaining to the transcendental position?
- What is the nonsense? You are all nonsense
- What is the position of a person or any being who does not know to make distinction what is dharma and adharma?
- What is the problem of the human life?
- What is the purport of devotional service, or what is the humor of devotional service, can be understood by a person who has accepted Lord Caitanya's lotus feet as everything
- What is the symptom of guru? Samit-panih srotriyam brahma-nistham. Guru means who has learned knowledge by the parampara system. Srotriyam brahma. The result is that he is perfectly a devotee
- What is the use of a bowman's arrow or a poet's poetry if they penetrate the heart but do not cause the head to spin?
- What is the use of a bowman's arrow or a poet’s poetry if they penetrate the heart but do not cause the head to spin
- What is the use of going to see another woman naked? You are seeing every day, every night, your wife naked. Why you are... Because they have no other engagement
- What is the value of material knowledge? Because you cannot change the order of transmigration of the soul from one body to another. That you have to accept according to your karma. So, therefore, material knowledge will not help me
- What is the value of the children's decision? Is there any value? Because he's not in proper understanding, what is the meaning of his decision? So one child makes one decision. Another child makes another decision. There is fight
- What is this temple? The same ingredients, the same cement, same brick, same stone, same worker, same plan as the skyscraper. But what is the difference? Because it is cikitsitam, it is for Krsna
- What then is the purpose of the ritualistic sections of the Vedic literature, and what is the purpose of the upasana-kanda, which contains different mantras or hymns for worshiping various demigods?
- When Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu was talking with Ramananda Raya, Caitanya Mahaprabhu inquired, "What is the greatest reputation?" Ramananda Raya replied that a person who is reputed as a great devotee has the greatest reputation
- Which land did he show you? What is the area of the land? Is it suitable for Gurukula? I want the land just in front of our temple. The entrance to the Gurukula will be on the road, and we shall partition this land from the rest of the land with a wall
- Who has created death? Eh? Who has created death? Man creates everything, but who has created your death, Mr. Man? What is the answer?
- You are manufacturing a machine, some instrument, by the same imperfect senses, then what is the guarantee that this machine, this binocular, if you see through the binocular, the knowledge is perfect? What is your answer?
- You go to Saurastra and see what is the possibility of opening centers there. I want that we should open up more centers in India. When I return to India I shall go there to Saurastra
- You have asked me what are the formalities that you have to observe for recruiting Krishna devotees in India, and the first principle is that you have to become a pure devotee of the Lord. Then you can attempt to convert others to become devotees
- You have asked what is the origin of the black race. This is not an important question. Why should you be curious about the temporary body
- You have mentioned about some criticism made by Jaya Govinda which upset you. I do not know exactly what is the point, but if there is some honest criticism, there should be no cause of becoming upset
- You understand what is the meaning of Bhagavata, this word, Bhagavata? You understand? These are the common questions. If you do not understand this common question then how you can instruct others?
- You will find that they talk better than any great philosopher, better than any scientist or politician. That is the quality of my students. What's the point in talking nonsense?
- Your only business is to understand what you are, what God is, what is this world, what is your relationship. This is your main business. This is your main business. Not that you earn money and employ it for sense gratification