Category:Names of Demigods
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 41 subcategories, out of 41 total.
- ► Candra (9 C, 54 P)
- ► Engaging Laksmi in God's Service (1 P)
- ► Indra (11 C, 702 P)
- ► Laksmi (17 C, 155 P)
- ► Nalakuvara and Manigriva (1 C, 41 P)
- ► Osadhya (2 P)
- ► Pusa (8 P)
- ► Rahu (1 C, 41 P)
- ► Tvasta (1 C, 15 P)
- ► Uragas (1 C, 9 P)
- ► Yamaraja (14 C, 313 P)
Pages in category "Names of Demigods"
The following 6 pages are in this category, out of 6 total.
- Anyone who compares the holy name of the Supreme Lord to the names of the demigods is called pasandi, or an offender
- As far as distinguishing the Lord's holy name from the names of the demigods, the revealed scriptures disclose (BG 10.41) that all extraordinarily powerful beings are but parts and parcels of the supreme energetic, Lord Krsna
- It may be argued that the demigods are as important as Lord Visnu because the names of the demigods are different names of Visnu. This, however, is not a sound conclusion, for it is contradicted in the Vedic literatures
- The goddess Durga is celebrated in Calcutta as Kali, in Bombay as Mumbadevi, in Varanasi as Annapurna, in Cuttack as Bhadrakali and in Ahmedabad as Bhadra. Thus in different places she is known by different names
- The various names of the demigods - Lord Brahma, Lord Siva, Lord Indra and so on - are not personal names; they are names of different posts