- son of Aditi
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Aryama"
The following 17 pages are in this category, out of 17 total.
- Although the Lord is present everywhere, He cannot be seen with ordinary eyes. As Aryama says, the Lord is anupalaksita-sthana: no one can locate Him. This is the greatness of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- As long as Vidura played the part of a sudra, being cursed by Manduka Muni, Aryama officiated at the post of Yamaraja to punish those who committed sinful acts
- If one offers oblations with faith and devotion - either to the lotus feet of Lord Visnu or to His representative in Pitrloka, Aryama - one's forefathers will attain material bodies to enjoy whatever material enjoyment is due them
- In other words, they (one's forefathers) do not have to become ghosts - by offering oblations with faith and devotion to either Visnu, or His representative Aryama
- In this dynasty the Supreme Personality of Godhead Narayana descended by His plenary expansion. The names of the sons of Aditi are as follows: Vivasvan, Aryama, Pusa, Tvasta, Savita, Bhaga, Dhata, Vidhata, Varuna, Mitra, Satru and Urukrama
- It is the duty of family members, especially the son, to offer oblations to the demigod Aryama or to Visnu. From time immemorial in India the son of a dead man goes to Gaya & at a Visnu temple there, offers oblations for the benefit of his ghostly father
- The Adityas are sons of Aditi, and there are twelve Adityas. Aryama is one of the twelve Adityas, and therefore it was quite possible for him to take charge of the office of Yamaraja during his one hundred years' absence in the form of Vidura
- The fortunate inhabitants of Pitrloka, who preside over the funeral ceremonies, made Aryama into a calf. With great faith they milked kavya, food offered to the ancestors, into an unbaked earthen pot
- The names of the twelve sons of Aditi are: Vivasvan, Aryama, Pusa, Tvasta, Savita, Bhaga, Dhata, Vidhata, Varuna, Mitra, Satru and Urukrama
- There is a planet called Pitrloka, and the predominating deity of that planet is called Aryama. He is somewhat of a demigod, and by satisfying him one can help ghostly family members develop a gross body