Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
- "The sons of Aditi are called Adityas"
- daughter of Dakṣa and Asiknī
- wife of Kaśyapa Muni
- mother of Vivasvān, Aryamā, Pūṣā, Tvaṣṭā, Savitā, Bhaga, Dhātā, Vidhātā, Varuṇa, Mitra, Indra, Vāmanadeva
- grandmother of Vaivasvata Manu, Yamarāja, Yāmi-Yamunā
- great-grandmother of Mahārāja Ikṣvāku, Aśvinī-kumāras, Sāvaṇi Manu and Śanaiścara
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
- ► Adityas (13 C, 19 P)
Pages in category "Aditi"
The following 91 pages are in this category, out of 91 total.
- Aditi appealed to her husband by saying that since even the supreme controller favors His devotees and since Indra, Kasyapa's devoted son, was in difficulty, Kasyapa should bestow his favor upon Indra
- Aditi has been addressed by her husband, Kasyapa Muni, as grha-medhini, which means "one who is satisfied in household life for sense gratification"
- Aditi stood silently with folded hands, unable to offer prayers to the Lord. Because of transcendental bliss, tears filled her eyes, & the hairs on her body stood on end. Because she could see the SPG face to face, she felt ecstasy, and her body trembled
- Aditi, having received the extremely valuable benediction that the Lord would appear as her son, considered herself very successful, and with great devotion she approached her husband
- Aditi, the mother of the demigods, appealed to Kasyapa Muni to give the demigods protection
- After killing Narakasura, Lord Krsna visited the palace of Narakasura accompanied by Satyabhama. He went to Indraloka also with Satyabhama, and she was received by Sacidevi, who introduced her to the mother of the demigods, Aditi
- After many, many days, the great powerful sage Kasyapa Muni arose from a trance of meditation and returned home to see the asrama of Aditi neither jubilant nor festive
- After this incident, Krsna & Satyabhama entered Amaravati, the capital city of the heavenly planets, and they immediately entered the palace of King Indra & his wife, Sacidevi, who welcomed them. Krsna then presented Indra with the earrings of Aditi
- At this time, the earth personified appeared before Lord Krsna and greeted Him with a Vaijayanti flower garland. She then returned the dazzling earrings of Aditi, bedecked with jewels and gold
- By His own potency, the SPG, who has multifarious potencies, appeared in the form of a dwarf as Urukrama, the twelfth son of Aditi. In the womb of His wife, whose name was Kirti, He begot one son, named Brhatsloka, who had many sons, headed by Saubhaga
- By the semen of Varuna, the great mystic Valmiki took birth from an anthill. Bhrgu and Valmiki were specific sons of Varuna, whereas Agastya and Vasistha Rsis were the common sons of Varuna and Mitra, the tenth son of Aditi
- For the welfare of Indra, the King of heaven, Lord Visnu appeared in the form of a dwarf brahmacari as the son of Aditi and tricked Bali Maharaja by begging for only three paces of land but taking all the three worlds
- From the mind of Lord Brahma, Marici took birth, and from the semen of Marici, Kasyapa appeared from the womb of the daughter of Daksa Maharaja. From Kasyapa, by the womb of Aditi, Vivasvan took birth
- He did this for the pleasure of Kasyapa Muni and his wife Aditi and for the welfare of all the inhabitants of the universe, including their various leaders
- Here the process of devotional service is further explained. Kasyapa Muni wanted to instruct Aditi in the same process recommended to him by Brahma for satisfying the Supreme Personality of Godhead. This is valuable
- I (Kasyapa Muni) wonder whether because of being too attached to the members of your (Aditi's) family, you failed to properly receive uninvited guests, who therefore were not welcomed and went away
- I (Sukadeva Gosvami) shall describe the uncommon activities He performed, His qualities, His power and how He took birth from the womb of Aditi
- In the next millennium (Dvapara-yuga), I (Krsna) again appeared from the two of you (Devaki and Vasudeva), who appeared as My mother, Aditi, and My father, Kasyapa. I was known as Upendra, and because of being a dwarf, I was also known as Vamana
- In this dynasty the Supreme Personality of Godhead Narayana descended by His plenary expansion. The names of the sons of Aditi are as follows: Vivasvan, Aryama, Pusa, Tvasta, Savita, Bhaga, Dhata, Vidhata, Varuna, Mitra, Satru and Urukrama
- In this manvantara, the Supreme Personality of Godhead appeared as the youngest of all the Adityas, known as Vamana, the dwarf. His father was Kasyapa and His mother Aditi
- Indra addresses his mother in this manner, "My dear Mother (Aditi), persons who have given up all kinds of desire and are simply engaged in devotional service to the Lord know what is actually their self-interest"
- Indra addresses to Aditi, "Such persons are actually serving their self-interests and are considered first-class experts in the matter of advancing to the perfectional stage of life"
- Kasyapa Muni advised his wife to seek shelter at the lotus feet of Vasudeva, Krsna, so that all her problems would be very easily solved. Thus Kasyapa Muni was an ideal spiritual master
- Kasyapa Muni advised his wife, Aditi, to begin worshiping Lord Vasudeva, who is situated in everyone's heart. He is the friend of everyone and is known as Janardana because He can kill all enemies
- Kasyapa Muni said: When I desired offspring, I placed inquiries before Lord Brahma, who is born from a lotus flower. Now I shall explain to you the same process Lord Brahma instructed me, by which Kesava, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is satisfied
- Mother earth gave Him a deerskin, and the demigod of the moon, who is the king of the forest, gave Him a brahma-danda. His mother, Aditi, gave Him cloth for underwear, and the deity presiding over the heavenly kingdom offered Him an umbrella
- My dear Aditi, engage in devotional service to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is the master of everything, who can subdue everyone's enemies, and who sits within everyone's heart
- My dear gentle lady, follow this ritualistic vow, strictly observing the regulative principles. By this process, the Supreme Person will very soon be pleased with you and will satisfy all your desires
- My dear King, the original Supreme Personality of Godhead, dressed in yellow garments and bearing a conchshell, disc, club and lotus in His four hands, then appeared before Aditi
- O beloved husband, the fires, guests, servants and beggars are all being properly cared for by me. Because I always think of you, there is no possibility that any of the religious principles will be neglected
- O best of the brahmanas, kindly instruct me in the perfect method of worshiping the Supreme Personality of Godhead in devotional service, by which the Lord may very soon be pleased with me & save me, along with my sons, from this most dangerous condition
- O best of the Kurus, when Kasyapa Muni had been properly received and welcomed, he took his seat and then spoke as follows to his wife, Aditi, who was very morose
- O chaste and auspicious woman, when I left home for other places, were you in so much anxiety that you did not offer oblations of ghee into the fire?
- O Devi, O goddess, I can understand that you want to regain your sons and be together with them to worship Me, after defeating the enemies in battle and retrieving your abode and opulences
- O gentle lady, it is the essence of all austerities, and it is the process of giving charity and pleasing the supreme controller
- O great-minded lady, are all your sons faring well? Seeing your withered face, I can perceive that your mind is not tranquil. How is this so?
- O King Pariksit, Indra, the King of the heavenly planets and eleventh son of Aditi, begot three sons, named Jayanta, Rsabha and Midhusa, in the womb of his wife, Paulomi. Thus we have heard
- O King, as the wind promotes friction between two pieces of wood and thus gives rise to fire, Kasyapa Muni, whose transcendental position was fully absorbed in the Supreme Personality of Godhead, transferred his potency into the womb of Aditi
- O King, Siddhi, who was the wife of Bhaga, the sixth son of Aditi, bore three sons, named Mahima, Vibhu and Prabhu, and one extremely beautiful daughter, whose name was Asi
- O King, while chanting about and glorifying the Lord, they returned to their respective heavenly planets. They also praised the position of Aditi
- O lady, even if someone inquires, you should not disclose this fact to anyone. That which is very confidential is successful if kept secret
- O Maharaja Pariksit, the demigoddess Aditi then began offering her prayers to the Supreme Personality of Godhead in a faltering voice and with great love
- O most auspicious lady, one should perform all the ceremonies under the direction of learned acaryas and should satisfy them and their priests. By distributing prasada, one should also satisfy the brahmanas and others who have assembled
- O most fortunate lady, establishing your mind in a good spirit, execute this process of payo-vrata and thus worship the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Kesava, who is inexhaustible
- O most gentle one, I wonder whether anything inauspicious has now taken place in regard to religious principles, the brahmanas or the people in general, who are subject to the whims of death
- O mother of the demigods, in My opinion almost all the chiefs of the demons are now unconquerable, for they are being protected by brahmanas, whom the SL always favors. Thus the use of power against them now will not at all be a source of happiness
- O my lord, since you are a Prajapati and are personally my instructor in the principles of religion, where is the possibility that all my desires will not be fulfilled?
- O my respected brahmana husband, all is well with the brahmanas, the cows, religion & the welfare of other people. O master of the house, the three principles of dharma, artha & kama flourish in household life, which is consequently full of good fortune
- O my wife, who are very much attached to household life, if the principles of religion, economic development and satisfaction of the senses are properly followed in household life, one's activities are as good as those of a transcendentalist
- One who desires to attain the heavenly planets should worship the sons of Aditi
- One who wants a large stock of grains should worship Aditi
- She appeared as though drinking through her eyes the Supreme Lord, who is the husband of the goddess of fortune, the enjoyer of all sacrificial ceremonies, and the master and Lord of the entire universe
- She concentrated her mind upon the Supreme Lord, Vasudeva. Thus she performed the ritualistic ceremony known as payo-vrata
- Since the demigods were not visible in the heavenly kingdom, their mother, Aditi, because of separation from them, was very much aggrieved. One day after many, many years, the great sage Kasyapa emerged from a trance of meditation and returned
- Sri Sukadeva Gosvami said: Prsni, who was the wife of Savita, the fifth of the twelve sons of Aditi, gave birth to three daughters - Savitri, Vyahrti and Trayi - and the sons named Agnihotra, Pasu, Soma, Caturmasya and the five Mahayajnas
- Srimati Aditi said: O brahmana, tell me the regulative principles by which I may worship the supreme master of the world so that the Lord will be pleased with me and fulfill all my desires
- Sukadeva Gosvami continued: When Kasyapa Muni was thus requested by Aditi, he slightly smiled. "Alas," he said, "how powerful is the illusory energy of Lord Visnu, by which the entire world is bound by affection for children!"
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: After Lord Brahma had thus spoken, glorifying the Supreme Lord's activities and prowess, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is never subject to death like an ordinary living being, appeared from the womb of Aditi
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: O King Pariksit, best of the Bharata dynasty, when the lotus-eyed Lord, the Supersoul of all living entities, was thus worshiped by Aditi, He replied as follows
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: O King, after Aditi was thus advised by her husband, Kasyapa Muni, she strictly followed his instructions without laziness and in this way performed the payo-vrata ritualistic ceremony
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: O King, when Aditi's sons, the demigods, had thus disappeared from heaven and the demons had occupied their places, Aditi began lamenting, as if she had no protector
- Sukracarya said: O son of Virocana, this brahmacari in the form of a dwarf is directly the imperishable SPG, Visnu. Accepting Kasyapa Muni as His father and Aditi as His mother, He has now appeared in order to fulfill the interests of the demigods
- The Adityas are sons of Aditi, and there are twelve Adityas. Aryama is one of the twelve Adityas, and therefore it was quite possible for him to take charge of the office of Yamaraja during his one hundred years' absence in the form of Vidura
- The first time I was known as Prsnigarbha, born of Prsni and Sutapa, in the next birth I was Upendra, born of Aditi and Kasyapa, and now for the third time I am born as Krsna from you, Devaki and Vasudeva
- The goddess Aditi said: O master and enjoyer of all sacrificial ceremonies, O infallible and most famous person, whose name, when chanted, spreads all good fortune
- The Lord, although transcendental to all material modes, still surpassed all the qualities of the sons of Aditi, known as the Adityas. The Lord appeared as the youngest son of Aditi
- The names of the twelve sons of Aditi are: Vivasvan, Aryama, Pusa, Tvasta, Savita, Bhaga, Dhata, Vidhata, Varuna, Mitra, Satru and Urukrama
- The payo-vrata method of visnu-aradhanam was enunciated long, long ago by Kasyapa Muni to his wife, Aditi, in the heavenly planets, and the same process is bona fide on earth even now
- The Siddhas, Vidyadharas, Kimpurusas, Kinnaras, Caranas, Yaksas, Raksasas, Suparnas, the best of serpents, & the followers of the demigods all showered flowers on Aditi's residence, covering the entire house, while glorifying & praising the Lord & dancing
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: O mother of the demigods, I have already understood your long-cherished desires for the welfare of your sons, who have been deprived of all opulences and driven from their residence by their enemies
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is very merciful to the poor, will fulfill all of your desires, for devotional service unto Him is infallible. Any method other than devotional service is useless. That is my opinion
- The union of Kasyapa Muni and Aditi was not like the sexual intercourse of ordinary human beings
- The wife of Vidhata, the eighth son of Aditi, was named Kriya. In her Vidhata begot the five fire-gods named the Purisyas. The wife of Varuna, the ninth son of Aditi, was named Carsani. Bhrgu, the son of Brahma, took birth again in her womb
- They are Aditi, Diti, Danu, Kastha, Arista, Surasa, Ila, Muni, Krodhavasa, Tamra, Surabhi, Sarama and Timi. From the womb of Timi all the aquatics took birth, and from the womb of Sarama the ferocious animals like the tigers and lions took birth
- This is the religious ritualistic ceremony known as payo-vrata, by which one may worship the Supreme Personality of Godhead. I received this information from Brahma, my grandfather, and now I have described it to you in all details
- Thus having delivered the proprietorship of the heavenly planets to Indra and having fulfilled the desire of Aditi, mother of the demigods, the Supreme Personality of Godhead ruled the affairs of the universe
- Visnu said: I gave you the benediction that I would take birth as your son three times. First, I was known as Prsnigarbha, born of Prsni & Sutapa, next birth I was Upendra, born of Aditi & Kasyapa, and now I am born as Krsna from you, Devaki & Vasudeva
- Visnu said: In the next millennium you took birth as Aditi and Kasyapa, and I became your child of the name Upendra
- When Aditi saw the Supreme Personality of Godhead (Vamanadeva), who had appeared from her own womb, having accepted a transcendental body by His own spiritual potency, she was struck with wonder and was very happy
- When Lord Brahma understood that the Supreme Personality of Godhead was now within the womb of Aditi, he began to offer prayers to the Lord by reciting transcendental names
- When the Supreme Personality of Godhead became visible to Aditi's eyes, Aditi was so overwhelmed by transcendental bliss that she at once stood up and then fell to the ground like a rod to offer the Lord her respectful obeisances
- When Yamaraja incarnated himself as Vidura, his post was officiated by Aryama, one of the many sons of Kasyapa and Aditi
- With full, undiverted attention, Aditi thought of the Supreme Personality of Godhead and in this way brought under full control her mind and senses, which resembled forceful horses
- Yet because I have been satisfied by the activities of your vow, O goddess Aditi, I must find some means to favor you, for worship of Me never goes in vain but certainly gives the desired result according to what one deserves
- You have prayed to Me and properly worshiped Me by performing the great payo-vrata ceremony for the sake of protecting your sons. Because of Kasyapa Muni's austerities, I shall agree to become your son and thus protect your other sons
- You want to see the wives of the demons lamenting for the death of their husbands when those demons, the enemies of your sons, are killed in battle by the demigods, of whom Indra is the chief
- You want your sons to regain their lost reputation and opulence and live again on their heavenly planet as usual