Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
- "The sons of Aditi are called Adityas"
- daughter of Dakṣa and Asiknī
- wife of Kaśyapa Muni
- mother of Vivasvān, Aryamā, Pūṣā, Tvaṣṭā, Savitā, Bhaga, Dhātā, Vidhātā, Varuṇa, Mitra, Indra, Vāmanadeva
- grandmother of Vaivasvata Manu, Yamarāja, Yāmi-Yamunā
- great-grandmother of Mahārāja Ikṣvāku, Aśvinī-kumāras, Sāvaṇi Manu and Śanaiścara
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
- ► Adityas (12 C, 11 P)
Pages in category "Aditi"
The following 31 pages are in this category, out of 31 total.
- Aditi appealed to her husband by saying that since even the supreme controller favors His devotees and since Indra, Kasyapa's devoted son, was in difficulty, Kasyapa should bestow his favor upon Indra
- Aditi has been addressed by her husband, Kasyapa Muni, as grha-medhini, which means "one who is satisfied in household life for sense gratification"
- Aditi, the mother of the demigods, appealed to Kasyapa Muni to give the demigods protection
- After killing Narakasura, Lord Krsna visited the palace of Narakasura accompanied by Satyabhama. He went to Indraloka also with Satyabhama, and she was received by Sacidevi, who introduced her to the mother of the demigods, Aditi
- After this incident, Krsna & Satyabhama entered Amaravati, the capital city of the heavenly planets, and they immediately entered the palace of King Indra & his wife, Sacidevi, who welcomed them. Krsna then presented Indra with the earrings of Aditi
- At this time, the earth personified appeared before Lord Krsna and greeted Him with a Vaijayanti flower garland. She then returned the dazzling earrings of Aditi, bedecked with jewels and gold
- I (Kasyapa Muni) wonder whether because of being too attached to the members of your (Aditi's) family, you failed to properly receive uninvited guests, who therefore were not welcomed and went away
- In the next millennium (Dvapara-yuga), I (Krsna) again appeared from the two of you (Devaki and Vasudeva), who appeared as My mother, Aditi, and My father, Kasyapa. I was known as Upendra, and because of being a dwarf, I was also known as Vamana
- Indra addresses his mother in this manner, "My dear Mother (Aditi), persons who have given up all kinds of desire and are simply engaged in devotional service to the Lord know what is actually their self-interest"
- Indra addresses to Aditi, "Such persons are actually serving their self-interests and are considered first-class experts in the matter of advancing to the perfectional stage of life"
- Kasyapa Muni advised his wife to seek shelter at the lotus feet of Vasudeva, Krsna, so that all her problems would be very easily solved. Thus Kasyapa Muni was an ideal spiritual master
- Kasyapa Muni advised his wife, Aditi, to begin worshiping Lord Vasudeva, who is situated in everyone's heart. He is the friend of everyone and is known as Janardana because He can kill all enemies
- O King, Siddhi, who was the wife of Bhaga, the sixth son of Aditi, bore three sons, named Mahima, Vibhu and Prabhu, and one extremely beautiful daughter, whose name was Asi
- One who desires to attain the heavenly planets should worship the sons of Aditi
- One who wants a large stock of grains should worship Aditi
- The Adityas are sons of Aditi, and there are twelve Adityas. Aryama is one of the twelve Adityas, and therefore it was quite possible for him to take charge of the office of Yamaraja during his one hundred years' absence in the form of Vidura
- The first time I was known as Prsnigarbha, born of Prsni and Sutapa, in the next birth I was Upendra, born of Aditi and Kasyapa, and now for the third time I am born as Krsna from you, Devaki and Vasudeva
- The Lord, although transcendental to all material modes, still surpassed all the qualities of the sons of Aditi, known as the Adityas. The Lord appeared as the youngest son of Aditi
- The names of the twelve sons of Aditi are: Vivasvan, Aryama, Pusa, Tvasta, Savita, Bhaga, Dhata, Vidhata, Varuna, Mitra, Satru and Urukrama
- The payo-vrata method of visnu-aradhanam was enunciated long, long ago by Kasyapa Muni to his wife, Aditi, in the heavenly planets, and the same process is bona fide on earth even now
- The Siddhas, Vidyadharas, Kimpurusas, Kinnaras, Caranas, Yaksas, Raksasas, Suparnas, the best of serpents, & the followers of the demigods all showered flowers on Aditi's residence, covering the entire house, while glorifying & praising the Lord & dancing
- The union of Kasyapa Muni and Aditi was not like the sexual intercourse of ordinary human beings
- Visnu said: I gave you the benediction that I would take birth as your son three times. First, I was known as Prsnigarbha, born of Prsni & Sutapa, next birth I was Upendra, born of Aditi & Kasyapa, and now I am born as Krsna from you, Devaki & Vasudeva
- Visnu said: In the next millennium you took birth as Aditi and Kasyapa, and I became your child of the name Upendra
- When Aditi saw the Supreme Personality of Godhead (Vamanadeva), who had appeared from her own womb, having accepted a transcendental body by His own spiritual potency, she was struck with wonder and was very happy
- When Yamaraja incarnated himself as Vidura, his post was officiated by Aryama, one of the many sons of Kasyapa and Aditi