Pages in category "Savarni Manu"
The following 15 pages are in this category, out of 15 total.
- Chaya had a son named Savarni and a daughter named Tapati, who later became the wife of King Samvarana. Chaya's third child is known as Sanaiscara (Saturn). Vadava gave birth to two sons, namely the Asvini brothers
- Chaya, another wife of the sun-god, begot two sons named Sanaiscara and Savarni Manu, and one daughter, Tapati, who married Samvarana
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura, in his Anubhasya, gives a list of Manus and their fathers’ names: (8) Savarni, a son born to the sun-god and his wife Chaya; (9) Daksa-savarni, the son of the demigod Varuna
- Sukadeva Gosvami, having heard from authorities, foretells that the eighth Manu will be Savarni and that Nirmoka and Virajaska will be among his sons. Sastra can foretell what will happen millions and millions of years in the future
- The eighth Manu is called Savarni, and he is also a son of the sun-god, born of a wife named Chaya. The ninth Manu, Daksasavarni, is the son of Varuna. The tenth Manu, Brahmasavarni, is the son of Upasloka
- The great sage Narada instructed the tenets of this transcendental literature to Savarni Manu in order to teach those inhabitants of Bharata-varsa who strictly follow the principles of varnasrama-dharma how to achieve the devotional service of the Lord
- The Lord continued: Because of his great tolerance, I have given him a place not obtainable even by the demigods. He will become King of the heavenly planets during the period of the Manu known as Savarni
- The Manus who are prominent within this universe are as follows: Vamana as Vaivasvata Manu (the present age is under the Vaivasvata Manu), Sarvabhauma as Savarni Manu, Rsabha as Daksasavarni Manu, Visvaksena as Brahma-savarni Manu
- The names of the 14 Manus are as follows: Svayambhuva, Svarocisa, Uttama, Tamasa, Raivata, Caksusa, Vaivasvata, Savarni, Daksa-savarni, Brahma-savarni, Dharma-savarni, Rudraputra (Rudra-savarni), Raucya, or Deva-savarni, and Bhautyaka, or Indra-savarni
- The various Manus existing in one day of Lord Brahma are as follows: (7) Vaivasvata, (8) Savarni, (9) Daksasavarni, (10) Brahma-savarni, ( 11) Dharma-savarni, (12) Rudra-savarni, (13) Deva-savarni and (14) Indra-savarni