Kamadeva | Madana | Smara | Puspavana
- Kāmadeva, Puṣpavana
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Kamadeva"
The following 21 pages are in this category, out of 21 total.
- He (Kamadeva) belongs to the category of jiva-tattva, but for exhibiting special power in the category of demigods he was a part and parcel of the superprowess of Pradyumna. That is the verdict of the Gosvamis
- He himself (a husband) is dependent on time, fruitive results and the modes of nature, which are all subordinate to You (Lord Kamadeva)
- I (Laksmidevi) wish that You (Lord Kamadeva) may also place Your hand on My head, for although You already bear my insignia of golden streaks on Your chest, I regard this honor as merely a kind of false prestige for me
- In another version, the last line of this verse (of CC Antya 19.95) reads kamadevera mana kaila curi. This means - the scent of all these substances mixes with the previous scent of Krsna’s body and steals away the mind of Cupid
- In Ketumala-varsa, Lord Kamadeva (Pradyumna) moves very graciously. His mild smile is very beautiful, and when He increases the beauty of His face by slightly raising His eyebrows and glancing playfully, He pleases the goddess of fortune
- In the (Kama-gayatri) mantra klim kama-devaya vidmahe puspa-banaya dhimahi tan no ’nangah pracodayat, Krsna is called Kama-deva, Puspa-bana and Ananga. Kama-deva is Madana-mohana, the Deity who establishes our relationship with Krsna
- Indeed, He is the husband and provider of necessities for all living entities. The purpose of all the Vedas is to worship Him. Therefore let us all offer Him our respectful obeisances. May He always be favorable toward us in this life and the next
- It is learned here (SB 3.1.30) that Kamadeva appeared as Pradyumna, Karttikeya as Samba, and one of the Vasus as Uddhava. All of them served in their different capacities in order to enrich the pastimes of Krsna
- Let me (Laksmidevi) offer my respectful obeisances unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Hrsikesa (Lord Kamadeva), the controller of all my senses and the origin of everything
- Lord Visnu as Pradyumna or Kamadeva accepts a material body, but He still acts spiritually. It does not make any difference whether He accepts a spiritual or a material body; He can act spiritually in any condition of existence
- O infallible one (Lord Kamadeva), Your lotus palm is the source of all benediction. Therefore Your pure devotees worship it, and You very mercifully place Your hand on their heads
- O supreme unconquerable Lord (Kamadeva), when they become absorbed in thoughts of material enjoyment, Lord Brahma and Lord Siva, as well as other demigods and demons, undergo severe penances and austerities to receive my (Laksmi's) benedictions
- O supreme unconquerable Lord, when they become absorbed in thoughts of material enjoyment, Lord Brahma and Lord Siva, as well as other demigods and demons, undergo severe penances and austerities to receive my benedictions
- They don't know that such a husband cannot actually give protection to them or their children. Nor can he protect their wealth or duration of life, for he himself is dependent on time, fruitive results & modes of nature, which are all subordinate to You
- This is Kamadeva, a demigod of the heavenly planets especially capable of inducing lusty desires