Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Ganesa | Ganapati
- Gaṇeśa, Gaṇapati
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Mahabharata (2 C, 101 P)
Pages in category "Ganesa"
The following 25 pages are in this category, out of 25 total.
- If Ganesa, Lord Siva's son and the expert scribe of the demigods, tried for millions of millenniums to fully describe one day of the Lord's pastimes, he would be unable to find their limit
- If someone has a sentiment for getting the blessings of Ganesa in order to get large amounts of money for Krishna's service, then it is alright, but anyone who takes up this kind of worship must send me at least 100,000 dollars monthly—not less
- If you have some sentiment to get the blessings of Ganesa in order to get huge sums of money for service of Krishna, then it can be done, but privately
- In the Brahma-samhita there are mantras offering obeisances to Lord Siva, Lord Brahma, the sun-god and Lord Ganesa, as well as Lord Visnu, all of whom are worshiped by the impersonalists as pancopasana
- Mayavada philosophy supports the impersonalist view that Narayana, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, has no form. One can imagine impersonal Brahman in any form - as Visnu, Lord Siva, Vivasvan, Ganesa or Devi Durga
- Mayavadi sannyasis do not worship the Deity, or if they do so they generally worship the deity of Lord Siva or the pancopasana (Lord Visnu, Lord Siva, Durga-devi, Ganesa and Surya)
- Since goddess Durga is always worshiped with her famous children (Laksmi, Sarasvati, Ganesa, Karttikeya), Rukmini specifically offered her respectful obeisances to the deity in that way; however, her prayers were special
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then visited the town of Kolapura, where He saw the goddess of fortune in the temple of Ksira-bhagavati and saw Langa-ganesa in another temple, known as Cora-parvati
- The following offenses are listed: (o) to offer worship to the Deity without worshiping Vaikuntha deities like Ganesa, (p) to worship the Deity while perspiring
- The Ganesa puja may not be performed. No, it is not to be done. No need of it
- The impersonalists imagine some form of the impersonal Brahman, and to facilitate meditation they concentrate upon the forms of Visnu, Siva, Ganesa, Surya and goddess Durga. Actually these pancopasakas are not devotees of anyone
- The ladies must be clearly informed that we are not at all interested to be dictated by them. We cannot construct a meditation hall with Sarasvati and Ganesa or create a library with hodgepodge books
- The Mahabharata was thus compiled by the joint endeavor of Vyasa and Ganesa
- The Mayavadis do not actually believe in the form of the Lord, but for the sake of worship they imagine some form to be God. Generally they imagine a form of Visnu, a form of Siva, and forms of Ganesa, the sun-god and Durga. This is called pancopasana
- The system of demigod worship was directed mainly to Lord Brahma, Lord Siva, Lord Ganesa, the sun-god and goddess Durga