Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
mistake | mistaker | mistakes | mistaking
- VedaBase query: mistake or mistaker or mistakes or mistaking not commit*
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
- ► Blunder (15 P)
- ► Error (2 C, 22 P)
- ► Fault (5 C, 141 P)
- ► Krsna's Wrongs (1 P)
- ► Our Mistakes (Disciples of SP) (47 P)
- ► Wrong (8 C, 138 P)
Pages in category "Mistake"
The following 147 pages are in this category, out of 147 total.
- As soon as we make mistake that "I am the Lord, I am the Supreme," then this illusory energy entraps us. This is also illusion. This is the last snare of illusory energy, that "I am God"
- My Guru Maharaja used to say that anything material, if it is used in the service of Krishna, it is a mistake to give it up. Because I have understood this principle, he used to appreciate me in front of my godbrothers
- Rectify the mistake
- A sinful man never realizes his mistake. Therefore he's miscreant. You ask any miscreant, any criminal, "So you have done wrong," he'll be angry
- Abhimanyu did not like Radharani's association with Krsna, and therefore when Raktak saw Krsna in the dress of Abhimanyu and thus mistook His identity, he began to strongly rebuke Him
- Accidental mistake is not dangerous. Willful mistake is dangerous. That we should be careful. We should be very careful always so that accidental mistakes also may not take place. But if it takes place, it is excused
- According to the Skanda and Vayu Puranas, the word sutra refers to a condensed work which carries meaning and import of immeasurable strength without mistake or fault. The word vedanta means "the end of Vedic knowledge"
- After having unmistakably known the decision of the Queen (Satarupa), as well as that of Devahuti, the Emperor (Svayambhuva Manu) most gladly gave his daughter to the sage (Kardama Muni), whose host of virtues was equaled by hers
- Akrura continued, "To consider Your Lordship (Krsna and Balarama) one of us, conditioned by the material nature, is a mistake due to our imperfect knowledge"
- All their activities are without God, without God consciousness. Therefore they have failed. Everyone will fail, because they do not know what is the aim of life. That is the mistake
- Anything which is favorable for krsna-seva, if we give up that business as visaya, that is mistake
- Arjuna was calculating as a human being about Krsna. That was his mistake. That was his not mistake. That was his inquiry to clear the mistake of our. We mistake Krsna as one of us
- At Kaliya Lake, many people mistook a fisherman for Krsna. When some respectable people came to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, they expressed their opinion that when one takes sannyasa, he becomes Narayana. Their mistake was corrected by the Lord
- Becoming a devotee of the Lord to serve material purposes is a great mistake
- Bird will go to a tree and eat fruit, but not more than he requires; neither he will take the fruit at his home to stock for next day or making black market. We have created this nonsense situation by claiming God's property as ours. This is the mistake
- Brahma said, "Actually, when one mistakes a rope for a snake, the existence of the snake is only within the mind. The existence of maya, similarly, is only within the mind. Maya is nothing but ignorance of Your personality"
- Brahma said, "For instance, when a person mistakes a rope for a snake he is filled with fear, but as soon as he understands that the rope is not a snake, he is liberated from fear"
- Brahman, every one of us, we are Brahman. There is no doubt about it. But unfortunately, by mistake, by illusion, I am thinking, "I am this body." So spiritual education means first of all one has to understand that aham brahmasmi
- Brahmana is not going to work in the factory. That is not brahmana's business. But in modern civilization, everyone should go to factory. Never mind whether you are brahmana or sudra or a... This is the mistake
- But the difficulty is: who is authority? That we require to learn who is actually authority. So authority means who has no mistakes, who has no illusion, who does not cheat, and whose senses are perfect. That is authority
- By mistake the doormen held the sages from entering Vaikunthaloka, but because they were engaged in the transcendental service of the Lord, their annihilation was not expected by advanced devotees
- For ordinary poison there is treatment - one can be relieved from its effects - but if one drinks the poison of taking a brahmana's property, there is no remedy for the mistake. The perfect example is King Nrga
- Formerly, although the kings were autocrats, they strictly followed the principles laid down by great sages and saintly persons. There were no mistakes in ruling over the country, and everything went perfectly
- From a distance, people mistakenly think that they are seeing Krsna dancing on the body of the Kaliya serpent
- Generally the devotees of the Lord never commit sinful activities, but even if by mistake or because of bewilderment or illusion they sometimes commit sinful acts, they are protected from sinful reactions because they always chant the Hare Krsna mantra
- Grtsamada was the son of Vitahavya, and he resembled in features the body of Indra. Sometimes the enemies of Indra mistook him to be Indra and arrested him
- He (Brahma) asked that the Lord understand him as a subordinate servant whose little mistake and impudence might be excused. He admitted that he was puffed up by his powerful position as Lord Brahma
- He (Durvasa Muni) first mistook Maharaja Ambarisa for an ordinary human being and wanted to punish him. Such is the mistaken observation of a Vaisnava. When Durvasa Muni was persecuted by the Sudarsana cakra, however, his intelligence developed
- He (King Nrga) prayed to them that he was their servant and that there had been some mistake. Thus, in order to rectify it, he prayed that they be very kind upon him and accept his offer in exchange for the cow
- He (King Nrga) was very powerful and very pious, but due to the small mistake of unknowingly usurping a brahmana's cow, he was condemned to the abominable life of a lizard
- He does not know that he is bound up, hands and legs, by the laws of nature, and he is trying to solve it by his own method of material civilization. That is the mistake
- I am neither Indian nor European. You are not Indian, European. We are giving more stress on the designation. That is the mistake of modern civilization
- I beg to inform you that the value of the invoice has been increased from Rs. 3,252.60 to Rs. 4,096.00 on account of some mistake in calculation. I am now on touring, therefore I cannot send you immediately the amended invoice
- I dared to approach them because I am confident that what I am presenting, it is solid. There is no mistake
- If a person mistakes a snake for a rope, he dies. Similarly, Putana had killed so many babies before meeting Krsna, and she mistook Him to be like them, but now she was accepting the snake that would kill her immediately
- If some idea of religion is developed in a particular country, we should not take it that it is meant for that particular country. No. That is mistake. God is one
- If you can commit mistake, how you can give perfect knowledge? Knowledge means must be perfect, without any mistake, without any illusion
- If you pour water in the root, then the water is distributed everywhere. But if you pour water on the leaves, on the twigs, on the fruits, it will not be successful. So one who is not in awareness of the laws of nature, they commit this mistake
- If you want advice, instruction, niscitam, which is without any doubt, without any illusion, without any mistake, without any cheating, that is called niscitam. That you can get from Krsna or His representative
- If you, by chance, by mistake, you violate the regulative principle, that is excused, but if willingly, if you go on committing sinful life - so just like in the Churches they go to confess and again begin - that kind of business will not help you
- In such a state of apprehension, one tries to take shelter of something which provides safety. There may be standing of the hairs on the body, trembling of the body and sometimes the committing of mistakes. And sometimes the body may become stunned
- In the material world everyone is trying to become happy, and although their material attempts are baffled in every way, due to their nescience they cannot understand their mistakes
- In the material world, conceptions of good and bad are all mental speculations. Therefore, saying 'This is good' and This is bad' is all a mistake
- In Vedic injunctions there are no mistakes, illusions, cheating or imperfection. Unless one understands the authority of the Vedic version, there is no purpose in quoting sastra
- Indra said, "I thought that in the name of a Govardhana sacrifice You (Krsna) were taking my share of profit, and therefore I mistook Your position"
- It is completely spiritual movement. It is not material movement. Therefore they sometimes mistake that "Your people are weak in health. They are becoming this and that. They do not eat meat, so vitality is less"
- Just as those who mistake a currency note for ordinary paper discard it and cannot utilize the money
- Just to show favor to the ordinary living entities, out of His (Krsna's) causeless mercy He appears as He is. Unfortunately, foolish persons mistake Him to be an ordinary person, and so they become eligible to go to hell
- Karabhajana Muni addresses King Nimi and says, "As such, if by chance or mistake he does something which is forbidden, there is no need for him to perform any purificatory ceremonies"
- Krsna continued, "I think that your selection of Me was not very intelligent. You appear very intelligent, trained by your father and brother, but ultimately you have made a great mistake in selecting your life's companion"
- Krsna continued, "Whatever mistakes you (Rukmini) may have made may be forgotten. You may chalk out your own lucrative path of life. Usually a person does not establish a marital relationship with a person who is either higher or lower than his position"
- Krsna said to Rukimini: There is no harm; the mistake can still be rectified, and it is better late than never. You are at liberty to select a suitable husband who is actually an equal to you in opulence, family tradition, wealth, beauty and education
- Later Lord Siva became conscious of his mistake in helping Kasiraja, and he begged Lord Krsna's forgiveness. As a benediction from Lord Krsna, he received a place known as Ekamra-kanana
- Learned scholars who are free from mistakes, illusions and propensities to cheat have thus described the planetary systems and their particular symptoms, measurements and locations
- Less intelligent persons sometimes mistake the conditions of the shadow world to be equivalent to those of the spiritual world, and thus they mistake the Lord and His pastimes in the material world to be one with the conditioned souls and their activities
- Lord Brahma hoped that since he was, after all, Lord Krsna's subordinate, the Lord would kindly take compassion upon him and excuse him for his gross mistake
- Lord Krsna said, "I instruct you, all My boys and relatives present here, do not, even by mistake, take the possession of a brahmana and thereby pollute your whole family"
- Lord Siva never denies anyone any sort of gift. He is therefore the most generous, although sometimes some kind of a mistake is made
- Maharaja Bharata, despite a life of severe penances, thought of a stag at the time of his death and thus became a stag after death. However, he did retain a clear consciousness of his past life and realized his mistake
- Man is made after God means we are reflections of the image of God. Not that we manufacture, imagine some form according to our form. That is mistake
- Mayavada philosophy says, "Yes, that zero, but with life." That is the mistake. If there is life, then there must be varieties
- Men with a poor fund of knowledge mistake the bodily machinery to be the living being, but the fact is that the living being is the basis of the bodily machine
- Mistakes, illusions, cheating and defective perception do not occur in the sayings of the authoritative sages
- Mistaking Satrajit to be the sun-god, some of the important citizens of Dvaraka immediately went to Krsna to inform Him that the sun-god had arrived to see Him. At that time, Krsna was playing chess
- Mistaking the rope for a snake does not mean that the rope or the snake is false, and therefore this example, used by the Mayavadis to illustrate the falsity of the material world, is not valid
- My idea is that Vedic knowledge is complete because it is above all doubts and all mistakes
- Nitai may correct whatever mistakes are there, but the corrected material must be sent to me for final approval. So reprinting the volumes will have to wait until the mistakes are corrected and approved by me
- Not accepting the transformation of energy, Sripada Sankaracarya has tried to establish the theory of illusion under the plea that Vyasadeva has made a mistake
- Now as I am going to send the Gitopanisad to India for printing, please see the 1st and 2nd chapters finally if there are any grammatical or spelling mistakes. Also mark the verses with diacritic signs as they are in Dr. Radhakrishnan's book
- On the day for extracting the soma juice, King Yudhisthira very respectfully received the special priest who had been engaged to detect any mistake in the formalities of the sacrificial procedure
- One must see things as they are through the mercy of a spiritual master; otherwise, if one tries to see Krsna directly, he may mistake an ordinary man for Krsna or Krsna for an ordinary man
- One should not make the mistake of thinking the world has no existence at all. I really possess my temporary material body and mind, and I must not make myself a laughing stock by denying the existence of my body and mind
- Only when one knows Lord Krsna's greatness can one firmly put one's unflinching faith in Him; otherwise, like the common man, even the great leaders of men will mistake Lord Krsna for one of the many demigods, or a historical personality, or a myth only
- Our knowledge is from Vedic scriptures which we accept as definite and without any mistake
- People try to rectify one mistake by making another mistake. This is the way of the struggle for existence in the material world. If one in this condition is advised to take to Krsna consciousness and be happy, he does not accept such instructions
- Prabuddha tells Maharaj Nimi, "My dear King, please know for certain that in the material world there is no happiness. It is simply a mistake to think that there is happiness here, because this place is full of nothing but miserable conditions"
- Satyabhama said, "After getting back the Syamantaka jewel, he (Satyabhama's father) thought it wise to rectify his mistake, so although he had promised others my hand in marriage, he submitted the jewel and me at the lotus feet of Krsna"
- She thought, 'Perhaps by mistake I did not put any food on the plate.' So thinking, she went into the kitchen and saw the pots
- So bhakti is not very ordinary thing. It begins after one is liberated. The Mayavadi says that "By bhakti one can become one with God." No. That is not bhakti. That is Mayavada. That is mistake
- So our this Krsna consciousness movement is trying to rectify this mistake. Bhagavad-gita is the most authorized scripture in the Vedic literature. Vedic literature means it is not spoken by any ordinary human being
- So this capital punishment is required. Nowadays the capital punishment is excused. Murderers are not hanged. This is all mistake, all rascaldom. A murderer must be killed. No mercy. Why a human killer? Even an animal killer should be immediately hanged
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu never considered the holy name of the Lord to be a material vibration, nor does any pure devotee mistake the chanting of the Hare Krsna mantra to be a material musical manifestation
- Sri Krsna affirms that less intelligent persons mistake Him to be an ordinary man like us, and thus they deride Him. The same is confirmed herein by Queen Kunti. The less intelligent persons are those who rebel against the authority of the Lord
- Srila Sukadeva Gosvami has explained that in the beginning all the ladies of the palace, who were all mothers and stepmothers of Pradyumna, mistook him to be Krsna and were all bashful, infected by the desire for conjugal love
- Svarupa said, "My dear Lord, please excuse my offense. I gave up Your company to go elsewhere, and that was my great mistake"
- The competition of increasing beauty between the gopis and Krsna, which is without limitations, is so delicate that sometimes mundane moralists mistake these dealings to be purely amorous. But these affairs are not at all mundane
- The conception of a snake is not untrue or unreal in itself. It is the false identification that is untrue or unreal. When, by mistake, we consider the rope to be a snake, that is our ignorance
- The explanation is that Pradyumna's personal appearance was exactly like Krsna's, and he was factually Cupid himself. There was no cause for astonishment, therefore, when the mothers of Pradyumna and the other women mistook him in that way
- The intelligent man can see without mistake that any material creation (whether one's own body or a fruit or flower) cannot beautifully grow up without the spiritual touch
- The King (Nrga) fervently appealed to the brahmanas not to cause his downfall into hell because of this mistake (that he had taken back a cow that he had previously given in charity)
- The king personally begged the muni's (Manduka Muni) pardon for the mistake of his men, and the saint at once went to Yamaraja, who prescribes the destiny of the living beings
- The living entity is part and parcel of the Lord; therefore he is spiritual in quality. The living entity is never material, and his material conception is simply a mistake due to forgetfulness. He is as brilliant as the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The Lord as Supersoul could detect the lust in the mind of Junior Haridasa, who was at once banished from the Lord's association and was never accepted again, even though the Lord was implored to excuse Haridasa for the mistake
- The Lord is so kind to the devotee who is fully surrendered to His lotus feet that even though the devotee sometimes falls into the entanglement of vikarma - acts against the Vedic directions - the Lord at once rectifies such mistakes from within
- The material defects of mistakes, illusions, cheating and sensory inefficiency do not exist in the words of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The Mayavadi philosophers mistake the living entity for the Paramatma, who is actually sitting with the living entity as a friend
- The mistake of modern civilization is that we are, I mean to say, bringing up spoiled children. So when they are grown up, if they become hippies or communists, it is not their fault. It is the fault of the guardians
- The modern scientists, however, are conditioned souls liable to so many errors and mistakes; therefore the safe side is to accept the authentic version of Vedic literatures, like Srimad-Bhagavatam, which is accepted unanimously by the great acaryas
- The peacocks sitting on the steps (of the palace) became illusioned by the fumes, mistaking them for clouds, and began dancing jubilantly
- The service of Brahma is the sample of service in liberation distinguished from the so-called altruistic services full of mistakes and forgetfulness
- The system is: whatever authority has done even there is mistake it should be accepted
- The Vedic truths are all perfect descriptions of the factual truth without any mistake or illusion, and Sukadeva Gosvami wants to present the truths of creation not as a metaphysical theory of philosophical speculation, but as the actual facts
- There are certain persons who are above this mistake, illusory energy. Who are those? The devotees
- There is no need for him to perform any purificatory ceremonies. Because the Lord is situated within his heart, He takes compassion for the devotee's accidental mistake and corrects him from within
- These fools think that the boat is the Kaliya serpent and the torchlight the jewels on his hoods. People also mistake the fisherman for Krsna
- They (Ksatriya kings) never made the mistake, however, of accepting the demigods as the Supreme Lord on the level of visnu-tattva, as do some less intelligent men
- They (the brahmanas) could finally understand their mistake; engaged in the performance of Vedic rituals, they had neglected the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who had appeared just like an ordinary human being and asked for some food
- This competition of increasing beauty between the gopis and Krsna, which is without limitations, is so delicate that sometimes mundane moralists mistake these dealings to be purely amorous
- This is a mistake that is technically called rasabhasa. While Caitanya Mahaprabhu is trying to enjoy as a devotee, one should not disturb Him by addressing Him as the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- This is Prahlada Maharaja's instruction, that don't be falsely proud unless you have got the qualification. That is our mistake, dambha, dambha. And the pure life begins when we give up dambha, false prestige
- Those who are the lowest of men refuse to take to Krsna consciousness because they think that they will be able to protect themselves without Krsna's care. This is their mistake
- Thus admitting his mistake, Brahmananda Bharati thought, "He spoke well. I put on this deerskin only for prestige. I cannot cross over the ocean of nescience simply by wearing a deerskin"
- To nullify this mistake, one who is actually learned and advanced worships the Supreme Personality of Godhead as his spiritual master, worshipful Deity and source of life. He thus worships the Lord by the process of unalloyed devotional service
- Vedic instructions are not subject to mistakes. The knowledge of the Vedas is knowledge received directly from God, and there is consequently no question of illusion, cheating, mistakes or imperfect senses
- Vedic knowledge is complete because it is above all doubts and mistakes, and Bhagavad-gita is the essence of all Vedic knowledge
- Vedic knowledge means there is no mistake, there is no cheating, there is no imperfection. Everything is perfect. So science means which is perfect knowledge
- Vedic principles are accepted as axiomatic truth, for there cannot be any mistake. That is acceptance. For instance, in India cow dung is accepted as pure, and yet cow dung is the stool of an animal
- We are not master; still, we are trying to become master. The Mayavada philosophy, they also undergo severe type of austerities, penances, but what is the idea? The idea is that "I shall become one with God." Same mistake
- We have rejected our own culture. Still we are leading people. There is chaotic condition. So this Krsna consciousness movement is to correct this mistake. So leaders like you should cooperate
- We should not mistake this that we accept the field of activities identified with myself. That is going on
- We should not mistakenly think that the idea of giving up everything implies the renunciation of duties necessary in relation to the body and mind. Even such duties are not sense gratification if they are undertaken in a spirit of service to Krsna
- What is Krsna? Krsna is the supreme leader. Nityo nityanam cetanas cetananam: supreme leader, perfect leader, without any mistake, without any illusion, without any cheating, and without any imperfection of the senses
- Whatever authority has done, even there is mistake, it should be accepted
- Whatever we are experiencing at the present moment is totally conditional and is therefore subject to mistakes and incompleteness
- When a thing is taken as fact but actually has no existence at all, it is called false. But if something is mistaken for something else that exists, that does not mean it is false
- When King Nrga elected to receive the results of his impious activities, he was given the body of a lizard because of the mistake in his pious activities; thus he could not be directly converted to a higher status of life like a great demigod
- When one is undergoing some surgical operation he promises that he will never again act in such a way as to become diseased and have to undergo medical surgery, or when one falls into danger, he promises that he will never again make the same mistake
- When Raktaka saw Krsna in the dress of Abhimanyu and thus mistook His identity, he began to strongly rebuke Him. As soon as Raktaka finally understood that it was Krsna in the dress of Abhimanyu, he began perspiring
- When the spirit soul is active, sometimes the Mayavadi philosophers, they think, "Now I've realized that I am not this body, I am not matter, I am spirit soul, so now I have become Narayana. I have become the Supreme." But no, that is mistake
- Where they are seeing Krsna is their mistake. It is like considering a dry tree to be a person
- Yamuna prayed "My dear Lord (Balarama), please know that I am a soul surrendered unto You, who are very affectionate to Your devotees. Therefore please excuse my impudence and mistakes, and, by Your causeless mercy, may You now release me"
- Yes, you must rectify this mistake. All society stationary must bear my name as founder-acarya. Please do it immediately
- You elected Nixon president; again you dragged him down, because there was mistake. You do not know who to elect because you are not guided by brahmanas. This is the fault