Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
mistaken | mistakenly
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Mistaken"
The following 54 pages are in this category, out of 54 total.
- According to Vedic civilization, "This eating is first class. This eating is second class. This eating is third class. This eating is fourth class." So many things required to correct the mistaken way of civilization. That is Krsna consciousness
- Any spiritual process keeps the body fit without separate endeavor, but if one takes it that the ultimate aim of yoga is to maintain the body, then he is mistaken
- As long as one adheres to the philosophy of duality, thinking one person a friend and another an enemy, he should be understood to be in Maya. The Mayavadi philosopher who thinks that all living entities are God and are therefore one is also mistaken
- At the present moment, the leaders of thought and the people in general have decided mistakenly that there is no other world except the one in which we live - that all peace and prosperity are available here
- Even if we get some knowledge by touch or otherwise, it is all either mistaken or incomplete. It is just like the group of blind men who had encountered an elephant and tried to describe the strange new creature to one another
- Every living entity has the Lord with him from the very beginning, but due to his mistaken consciousness of life, the living entity cannot understand this
- He (Durvasa Muni) first mistook Maharaja Ambarisa for an ordinary human being and wanted to punish him. Such is the mistaken observation of a Vaisnava. When Durvasa Muni was persecuted by the Sudarsana cakra, however, his intelligence developed
- He (Sankaracarya) has accused Srila Vyasadeva of being mistaken. In developing his philosophy of monism, therefore, he has established vivarta-vada, or the Mayavada theory of illusion
- Householders who perform their work with a view to transcendental results, out of sympathy for all others, are really eligible to become public leaders. All others who claim to be public leaders are mistaken
- If one mistakenly considers his position to be equal to that of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he becomes contaminated by the doctrine of nonduality, and his efforts in transcendental life are rendered ineffective
- Indra said, "If someone thinks that when You (Krsna) enter within this material world You accept the modes of material nature, he is mistaken"
- It is a completely mistaken idea that one can worship Krsna in any form or in any way and still attain the ultimate result of receiving the favor of the Lord
- It is advised that the American people regret their mistaken advancement in civilization. They should take advice from the spiritual master, the representative of Krsna
- It is not that consciousness is generated by the association of matter. That is a mistaken idea
- Minority, majority, all these are foolishness. The whole platform is mistaken. Rupa Gosvami was a minister. He was in the majority. But voluntarily, he accepted minority. He went to Vrndavana and living alone, underneath a tree
- Mira challenged that "I came to Vrndavana. I know that only Krsna is purusa here, and everyone is woman. So how does it mean that Rupa Gosvami's declined to see another woman?" So Rupa Gosvami agreed, "Yes, I am mistaken"
- Mundane archeologists are mistaken because they say from monkey the human beings have come into existence, but at the present moment both the human being and the monkey are existing. The monkey is not extinct. So these theories are not correct
- One in the bodily conception worships his own body as Brahman, but when he comes in contact with a devotee, he gives up this mistaken idea and engages himself in the devotional service of Lord Krsna
- One is mistaken if he thinks that by applying modern machines such as tractors, grains can be produced. If one goes to a desert and uses a tractor, there is still no possibility of producing grains
- One mistakenly considers one individual to be different from another simply because of their material bodily coverings. Because of differences between bodies, the spirit soul appears before us differently
- One should never mistakenly think that the spiritual whole can be divided into small parts by the small material energy. The Bhagavad-gita does not support this Mayavada theory
- One should not mistakenly think that because one is related to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he has become the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Narayana. Such a Mayavada philosophy is extremely dangerous, especially for a devotee
- One should not mistakenly think that niskama means giving up all desires
- One who cannot distinguish between devotion and ordinary karma may mistakenly consider the body of a pure devotee material. One who knows does not commit such a mistake
- Our business is to surrender. That is a fact. But we do not know where to surrender. That is the difficulty. And because the surrender is mistaken or misplaced, therefore the whole world is chaotic condition
- The happiness and distress of the material world of duality are both mistaken ideas
- The living entity lives close to matter, but this does not mean that he merges or mixes with it (asango hy ayam purusah), although material scientists mistakenly see the organic and inorganic, or animate and inanimate, to be mixed
- The Mayavadi philosophers understand Visnu to be a product of material nature, but if Visnu is a product of material nature, He can only be counted among the demigods. One who considers Visnu to be a demigod is certainly mistaken and misled
- The mistaken living being, out of forgetfulness of this original condition of life, unnecessarily wastes time trying to become happy in the material world. The whole Vedic process is to remind one of this essential feature of life
- The personified Vedas continued, "Only due to their mistakenly identifying themselves as products of the material nature are they transmigrating from one kind of body to another in forgetfulness of their eternal relationship with You"
- The Prince mistakenly addressed the Apsara: O best of saintly persons, who are you? Why are you on this hill, and what do you want to do? Are you one of the illusory potencies of the Supreme Personality of Godhead?
- The principle that only Indians and Hindus should be brought into the Vaisnava cult is a mistaken idea. There should be propaganda to bring everyone to the Vaisnava cult. The Krsna consciousness movement is meant for this purpose
- The Supreme Lord Sri Krsna personally descends to teach people that their position in the material world is a mistaken one
- This asuric public, they do not know which way their destination is. They say it is self-interest, but these rascals, they do not know what is the self-interest, because their very beginning of life is mistaken. They are thinking this body is the self
- This mantra offers a comparative study of vidya and avidya. Avidya, or ignorance, is undoubtedly dangerous, but vidya, or knowledge, is even more dangerous when mistaken or misguided
- Those who are averse to the Transcendence realize the Supreme Absolute Truth differently through speculative sense perception, and therefore, because of mistaken speculation, everything appears to them to be relative
- Those who are under the misconception that the living entity and the Supreme Lord are equal in all respects, both qualitatively and quantitatively, are mistaken, and they are still bound to remain in the material world
- Those who persist in the theory that the four social orders called the caste system exist only in India are totally mistaken. In all other countries, also, there are the same orders of life, under some name or other
- Varuna said, "There is no possibility of imposing the influence of material nature upon You (Krsna). I am very sorry that my foolish man, by not knowing what to do or what not to do, has mistakenly arrested Your father, Nanda Maharaja"
- Vyasadeva has described that everything is but a transformation of the energy of the Lord. Sankaracarya, however, has misled the world by commenting that Vyasadeva was mistaken. Thus he has raised great opposition to theism throughout the entire world