Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
fault | faultfinder | faultily | faultiness | faults | faulty
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Fault"
The following 176 pages are in this category, out of 176 total.
- A devotee cannot be at fault. If sometimes it is found that he is in error by accident or by some temporary arrangement, that should not be taken very seriously
- A serpent, by nature, is envious of other living entities, even though they be faultless. When a serpent bites another creature, it is not necessarily because the other creature is at fault; it is the habit of the serpent to bite
- A vaisnava, a sober man, accepts only a man's glories and not his faults, for flies seek sores whereas honeybees seek honey. Haridasa Pandita never found fault with a Vaisnava but considered only his good qualities
- According to the sastras, there is no discrepancy in a sannyasi's eating at another's house. But for a householder brahmana, this kind of eating is faulty
- According to the Skanda and Vayu Puranas, the word sutra refers to a condensed work which carries meaning and import of immeasurable strength without mistake or fault. The word vedanta means "the end of Vedic knowledge"
- Activities in devotional service to the Lord can give release from the reaction of faulty activities
- Actually Maharaja Ambarisa was not at all at fault; Durvasa Muni unnecessarily wanted to chastise him on flimsy grounds
- Actually the Lord was controlled by the good qualities of all His devotees. On the pretense of attributing faults, He tasted all these qualities
- Actually there is no fault on the part of Sankaracarya. He simply carried out the order of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. He had to imagine some kind of interpretation, and therefore he presented a kind of Vedic literature that is full of atheism
- After hearing this explanation, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied with affectionate anger. "Gopinatha Pattanayaka does not want to pay the King the money that is due," the Lord said. "How then is the King at fault in punishing him"
- All the accusations made by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu against His beloved devotees actually showed His great appreciation of their intense love for Him. Yet He mentioned these faults one after another as if He were offended by their intense affection
- All the great personalities like Bhismadeva, Lord Krsna, and Vyasadeva, and all of them requested Yudhisthira, "No, there is no fault of you. It was fight. It was right. So you can reign over"
- All these faulty explanations of the Vedanta-sutra are considered atheistic. Because the Mayavadi philosophers do not accept the eternal transcendental form of the Supreme Lord, they are unable to engage in real devotional service
- Although a Vaisnava preacher may sometimes criticize others, Raghunatha Bhatta avoided this. Even if another Vaisnava was actually at fault, Raghunatha Bhatta would not criticize him; he saw only that everyone was engaged in Krsna's service
- Although Gadadhara Pandita Gosani was not in the least at fault, some of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's devotees showed affectionate anger toward him
- Although the boy's mother is completely austere and chaste, she has one natural fault - she is a very beautiful young girl
- Although there are five literary ornaments decorating this verse, the entire verse has been spoiled by these five most faulty presentations
- Although there are many faults in this material world, there is one good opportunity, the association with devotees
- Any activity, good or bad, performed in this material world - they are all contaminated, faulty actions because of material association. The foolish conditioned soul may think that he is offering charity by opening hospitals
- As by the friction of bamboos destruction takes place, so also, at sunset, by the interaction of the faults of intoxication, all their minds became unbalanced, and destruction took place
- As one's body, although well-decorated with ornaments, is made unfortunate by even one spot of white leprosy, so an entire poem is made useless by a fault, despite alliteration, similes and metaphors
- As soon as the general public finds a little fault in the behavior of a sannyasi, they advertise it like wildfire. A black spot of ink cannot be hidden on a white cloth. It is always very prominent
- Asuric tendency means to refute the Supreme Personality of Godhead. All the asuras... Just like Ravana. Ravana is described as raksasa, asura. What was his fault? His fault was that he did not care for Rama
- Aurobindo or Dr. Radhakrishnan, they have written Bhagavad-gita, annotation, so many others also, but Krsna is missing. They're faulty. Krsna is missing. Through Bhagavad-gita, they want to make the society Krsna-less
- Balarama said, "For when such a relative is conscious of his own fault, that consciousness itself is like death. Therefore, there is no need to kill him"
- Better correct the faulty habits of the conditioned souls by persuasive authoritative preaching and personal example
- Brahma understood that "It was my fault that I wanted to test my Lord." Then he came and surrendered, and there is a very nice stotra of Brahma
- By discovering the faultiness of his desiring to lord it over material nature and by therefore giving it up, the living entity becomes independent and stands in his own glory
- By proper utilization of thoughtfulness, one comes to the stage of thinking of the S P of Godhead. By thinking of the S P of Godhead, one becomes free from the contamination of the faulty association of the material world, and thus one becomes peaceful
- Candravali said: "My dear friend the flute, you are actually full of many holes or faults. You are light, hard, juiceless and full of knots. But what kind of pious activities have engaged you in the service of being kissed by the Lord?"
- Certainly I have not studied the art of literary embellishments. But I have heard about it from higher circles, and thus I can review this verse and find in it many faults and many good qualities
- Crying, the child inquired from His mother, "Why are you angry? You have already given Me dirt to eat. What is My fault?
- Dear Lord, O killer of the demon Madhu, we can now clearly see that Jarasandha was not at fault in the least; it is actually by Your causeless mercy that we were bereft of our kingdoms, for we were very proud of calling ourselves rulers and kings
- Devotee means he is able to tolerate all kinds of discomfort and whims of the material nature, and because he is so much absorbed in serving Krishna, he takes no time to become angry or take offense with others or find out some fault, no
- Envious men will find out some fault anywhere. There is no fault, actually, but they will manufacture some fault. That is their business. So many persons were envious of my Guru Maharaja, but He was preaching and did not care for them
- Even in the poetic compositions of such great poets as Bhavabhuti, Jayadeva and Kalidasa there are many examples of faults
- Even in the poetic compositions of such great poets as Bhavabhuti, Jayadeva and Kalidasa there are many examples of faults. Such mistakes should be considered negligible. One should see only how such poets have displayed their poetic power
- Even in the Spiritual World there is some fault and envy. Sometimes the Gopis will quarrel over Krishna's favor
- Even one has got some fault, a Vaisnava does not see that. He takes the good qualities
- Even though the deer is disturbing my spiritual life, I realize that a helpless person who has taken shelter cannot be neglected. That would be a great fault
- Even where there are hundreds of good qualities, a critic does not consider them. Rather, he attempts by some trick to point out a fault in those attributes
- Everyone has a combination of faults and glories. But a Vaisnava, a sober man, accepts only a man’s glories and not his faults, for flies seek sores whereas honeybees seek honey
- He always accepted the good qualities of Vaisnavas and never found fault in them. He engaged his heart and soul only to satisfy the Vaisnavas
- He said, "None of you are at fault. Indeed, even this ignorant so-called brahmana is not at fault, for he is accustomed to dry speculation and logic"
- Here is another great fault. You have arranged the word 'bhavani-bhartr' to your great satisfaction, but this betrays the fault of contradiction
- His only fault is that he owes some money to the government. If he is killed, however, what profit will there be? The government will be the loser, for it will not get the money
- I can tolerate whatever He says, bearing it upon my head. He will automatically be merciful to me after considering my faults and attributes
- I have simply discussed the five gross faults and five literary embellishments of this verse, but if we consider it in fine detail we will find unlimited faults
- If one equates the names Radha-ramana or Radha-Krsna with Rukmini-ramana, Narayana or any other name of the Supreme Lord, he commits the fault of overlapping tastes, which is technically called rasabhasa
- If one wishes to enjoy the senses more than required, he becomes attached to family life, which means bondage. All the Pracetas admitted their fault in remaining in household life
- If there are ten literary ornaments in a verse but even one faulty expression, the entire verse is nullified
- If we analyze, what is the fault of Jesus Christ, there is no fault. The only fault he was preaching about God. And still he'd find so many enemies. He was cruelly crucified
- In spite of New York City's so many faults, I have got a natural inclination to make my headquarters in N.Y.C.
- In subduing others, in joking, in responding to danger, in acting for the welfare of others, and so on, one could refuse to fulfill one's promise, and there would be no fault. By this philosophy, Sukracarya tried to dissuade Bali Maharaja from giving land
- In the Age of Kali there are many faults, for people are subjected to many miserable conditions, yet in this age there is one great benediction - simply by chanting the Hare Krsna mantra one can be freed from all material contamination
- In the Western countries it is very usual thing - a young man is embracing another young woman or kissing. So there is no fault. But according to Vedic civilization, this is fault because it will give chance to others
- In this case, because Krsna could not find any fault with Rukmini, for she was very grave and always engaged in His service, He smilingly, in great love, began to speak to her just to provoke her loving anger
- In this iron age the members of well-to-do families generally misuse their wealth. Instead of improving their spiritual condition, they are misled by faulty association and fall victim to sensuality
- In this verse the fault of avimrsta-vidheyamsa occurs twice, and the faults of viruddha-mati, bhagna-krama and punar-atta occur once each
- In this way, all the gopis pointed out the faults of the particular gopi who had been taken alone by Krsna. They said that this chief gopi, Radharani, must be very proud of Her position, thinking Herself the greatest of the gopis
- It is contradictory to hear that Lord Siva's wife has another husband. The use of such words in literature creates the fault called viruddha-mati-krt
- It is not the fault of the Acarya Sankara that he has so interpreted Vedanta, but if someone accepts it, then certainly he is doomed
- It is not your fault; it is the verdict of the scriptures. You cannot understand the Supreme Personality of Godhead simply by scholarship
- Jagai and Madhai had but one fault - they were addicted to sinful activity. However, volumes of sinful activity can be burned to ashes simply by a dim reflection of the chanting of Your holy name
- Just as the king has the right to keep his treasury confidential and secret, the people should also keep their individual earnings a secret. There is no fault in such dealings
- Just like Lord Jesus Christ. He was crucified by the demons. The only fault was that he was God conscious. Just see; such innocent person. The world is like that. So these dangers are there, but don't be afraid of. Krsna will save you. And tolerate
- Kamsa admitted his own fault, but whatever he had done was under the control of providence. Kamsa might have been the immediate cause for the death of Devaki's sons, but the remote cause was their past deeds. This was an actual fact
- Karpanya-dosa. Miserly, dosa means fault. When one does not act according to his position, that is fault. And that is called miserly. So everyone has got his natural propensities, svabhava
- King Prthu found out the cause for the scarcity of food grains. He could understand that it was not the people's fault, for they were not lazy in executing their duties
- Krsna continued, "I have personally created this inimical feeling by fighting with them in many ways. Another fault is that although I am on the throne of Dvaraka, I have no immediate claim"
- Krsna was both hidden, raised by Nanda Maharaja. Jarasandha accused Krsna of three faults: that He killed His own maternal uncle, that He was not even a ksatriya, that He was hidden in His childhood. Therefore Jarasandha felt ashamed to fight with Him
- Men with limited knowledge who advocate the monistic theory that God and the living entities are equal in all respects are actually guided by a faulty and polluted opinion
- Mother Laksmi, the goddess of fortune, is also an enjoyer of transcendental bliss; therefore if she wanted to enjoy herself with Krsna, what fault is there? Why are You joking so about this
- Mucukunda continued, "Assisted by many commanders, puffed up by power, I could not trace out Your Lordship, who always sit within my heart as the most intimate friend. I did not care for You, this was the fault of my so-called exalted material condition"
- My dear friend the flute, you are actually full of many holes or faults. You are light, hard, juiceless and full of knots. But what kind of pious activities have engaged you in the service of being kissed by the Lord and embraced by His hands
- My dear friend, if Krsna is unkind to Me, there will be no need for you to cry, for it will not be due to any fault of yours
- My dear friend, if you say, "Just try to control Your senses," what shall I say? I cannot become angry at My senses. Is it their fault? Krsna's beauty, sound, touch, fragrance and taste are by nature extremely attractive
- My dear Haridasa and Sanatana, I think of you as My little boys, to be maintained by Me. The maintainer never takes seriously any faults of the maintained
- My dear King, although Kali-yuga is full of faults, there is still one good quality about this age. It is that simply by chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, one can become free from material bondage and be promoted to the transcendental kingdom
- My dear sir, in this verse there are five faults and five literary ornaments. I shall state them one after another. Kindly hear Me and then give your judgment
- Narada Muni advises Vyasadeva thusly, "Even if one does not execute his specific occupational duty, but immediately takes direct shelter of the lotus feet of Hari (Krsna), there will be no fault on his part, & in all circumstances his position is secure"
- No one who was sinful, envious, violent toward other living entities, cunning, falsely proud, lusty or greedy could enter that city (of Indra). The people who lived there were all devoid of these faults
- Not only is there the fault avimrsta-vidheyamsa, but there is also another fault, which I shall point out to you. Kindly hear Me with great attention
- O misbehaved Providence! If you reply to Us, 'Akrura is actually at fault; why are You angry with me?’ then I say to you, 'Providence, you have taken the form of Akrura and have stolen Krsna away. No one else would behave like this
- O my Lord, O unconquerable one, O master of all potencies, please exhibit Your internal potency to conquer the nescience of all moving & inert living entities. Due to nescience, they accept all kinds of faulty things, thus provoking a fearful situation
- O son of the Bharata family, Diti, after this, went nearer to her husband, her face lowered because of her faulty action. She spoke as follows
- Occupational duties are described in the religious scriptures. If one analyzes them, he can fully understand their qualities & faults and then give them up completely to render service unto the S P of God. Such a person is considered a first-class man
- On the full moon there are some spots which may appear to be pockmarks. Still, the illumination spread by the full moon cannot be checked. Similarly, a little fault in the midst of volumes of devotional service is not at all to be counted as a fault
- Once, when there was no rainfall in the kingdom for twelve years and the King consulted his learned brahminical advisors, they said, "You are faulty for enjoying the property of your elder brother"
- One must be considered bereft of the mercy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu when he criticizes the Krsna consciousness movement now spreading all over the world or finds fault with this movement or the leader of the movement
- One who reads Brahma Samhita very carefully & scrutinizingly can understand everything of Krishna without any fault
- Out of paternal affection for Me, he wants to protect Me and see that I follow the regulative principles of a sannyasi. What fault is there in this
- People are so rascal that they did not believe even the son of God, what to speak of His representative. What is that? Why Jesus Christ was killed? What was his fault?
- Prakasananda Sarasvati said, "We can understand the faults You (Lord Caitanya) have pointed out in the Mayavada philosophy. All the explanations given by Sankaracarya are imaginary
- Sanandana said, "The personified Vedas sing, 'Due to their (the living entities) own faults they imitate You (Visnu) by trying to become the supreme enjoyer. Thus they disobey Your supremacy and become offenders'"
- Sanatana Gosvami said, "You are the supreme ruler of Bengal and are completely independent. Whenever someone commits a fault, you punish him accordingly"
- Sankaracarya is not at fault, for it is under the order of the Supreme Personality of Godhead that he has covered the real purport of the Vedas
- Satisfied by the statement of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the brahmana (Kesava Kasmiri) explained the quoted verse. Then the Lord said, "Now kindly explain the special qualities and faults in the verse"
- Simply hearing submissively will free one's heart from all the faults of ignorance, and thus one will achieve deep love for Krsna. This is the path of peace
- Since Lord Siva is himself associated with women, he knows very well their defective nature, and he might not take very seriously Diti's unavoidable offense, which occurred due to her faulty nature
- Since there is no fault at all in Krsna's pastimes, why does the goddess of fortune become angry
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu pacified Sarvabhauma, saying, "After all, Amogha, your son-in-law, is a child. So what is his fault? Why are you fasting, and why are you angry"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Amogha is a child and your son. The father does not take the faults of his son seriously, especially when he is maintaining him"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then said, "If you abandon His service, it will be My fault. It is better that you remain here and render service. That will be My satisfaction"
- Such a person should understand that the goddess of fortune is always engaged in His service. In this way the goddess can break her faulty habit of restlessness
- Sukadeva Goswami says, this age is an ocean of faults, but there is one boon, in this age one gets the same result as was achieved in former ages through elaborate temple worship, costly sacrifices, or introspective meditation
- Taking a humble position, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Because I am not on your level, I have asked you to teach Me by explaining the faults and good qualities in your poetry
- That is the nature of a good man and devotee of the Lord. A devotee never finds fault with others, but tries to find his own and thus rectify them as far as possible
- That is the way of demoniac dealings. Demons do not try to find their own faults or those of their friends, but try to find the faults of their enemies. Jarasandha also criticized Krsna for not even being a ksatriya
- The bona fide disciple should be inquisitive to understand transcendental subject matter. He must not search out faults among good qualities, and he should no longer be interested in material topics
- The brahmana replied, "There is not a tinge of fault in that verse. Rather, it has the good qualities of similes and alliteration"
- The brahmana whose child had died, thinking there was no fault on his own part, immediately went to the palace door with the dead child in his arms and accused the King as follows
- The child then became very angry and demanded that his mother immediately tell the truth. "You unchaste woman," he said, "what is the use of your unnecessary shame? Why do you not admit your fault? Immediately tell me about your faulty behavior"
- The composition is faulty, and the meaning of the words has become doubtful, because you have placed the known subject at the end and that which is unknown at the beginning
- The conditioned soul transmigrates into different species of life, higher & lower, because of his association with the modes of material nature. Unless he is relieved of material activities, he has to accept this position because of his faulty work
- The demoniac people first of all killed Jesus Christ: "You are speaking 'Thou shall not kill'? I shall kill you." Just see. This is the position. "So what is my fault? You want to kill me?" "Because you are speaking of God, therefore we shall kill you."
- The devotee of the Lord never finds faults with the Lord. Although they may be put in uncomfortable situations even then they offer their gratitude to the Lord, that it is Your mercy. This is the outlook of a devotee of the Lord
- The devotee's desirable qualities are described to be twenty-six in number. They are stated as follows: No one can find fault in his character and he is magnanimous, mild and always clean, internally and externally
- The difference between a devotee & a nondevotee is this, just like the bee & the fly: the bee always is attracted by the honey & flies go to the open sores. So the devotee is only attracted by the good qualities in other people & does not see their faults
- The false arguments and philosophical word jugglery of your (Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya) disciples are not faults of theirs. They have simply received the benediction of Mayavada philosophy
- The false pride that makes one think that he can write better than the previous acaryas will make one’s comments faulty
- The faulty kali-yuga is just like an ocean of miserable condition, but there is one great opportunity. What is that? Simply by chanting the holy name of Lord Krsna one becomes liberated, and he is elevated to the highest perfection of life
- The Lord said, "My dear sir, I may say something to you if you will not become angry. Can you explain the faults in this verse?
- The mistake of modern civilization is that we are, I mean to say, bringing up spoiled children. So when they are grown up, if they become hippies or communists, it is not their fault. It is the fault of the guardians
- The Pandita replied, "Do not worry. All the faults will be on my head. I shall not accompany You but shall go alone"
- The personified Vedas continued, "Due to this faulty conception of life, they (living entities) are undergoing repeated birth and death"
- The poet said, "All right, let me see what good qualities and faults You have found." The Lord replied, "Let Me speak, and please hear Me without becoming angry
- The princely order encouraged King Jarasandha. His fighting, they said, was certainly heroic; therefore, he should not take his defeat very seriously, since it was due only to his past misdeeds. After all, there was no fault in his fighting
- The sages, the four Kumaras, reject their cursing of the two doorkeepers, Jaya and Vijaya, because they are now conscious that persons who engage in the service of the Lord cannot be at fault at any stage
- The statement by the word 'vibhavati' ('flourishes') is complete. Qualifying it with the adjective 'adbhuta-guna' ('wonderful qualities') creates the fault of redundancy
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead has no material form, qualities or faults. He is spiritual and is the only reservoir of all spiritual qualities
- The thirty-three vyabhicari-bhavas, bodily symptoms manifest in ecstatic love, are as follows: (1) nirveda, indifference; (2) visada, moroseness; (3) dainya, meekness; (4) glani, a feeling that one is in a faulty position and (5) srama, fatigue
- Then why a sadhu is pleased when a sarpa, a scorpion, or snake is killed? The reason is that these two kinds of creatures, they bite innocent persons without any fault. Without any fault. Or for little fault
- There is extraordinary alliteration in three lines of the verse, but in one line there is no such alliteration. This is the fault of deviation
- There is no doubt that your poetry is full of ingenuity, and certainly it has satisfied the Supreme Lord. Yet if we scrutinizingly consider it we can find both good qualities and faults
- There is no fault of these hippie boys and girls. They have not been trained. Not only here, every part of the world, the educational system is not very satisfactory
- They (the Mayavadi philosophers) thus find fault in the Vedanta-sutra and interpret it to try to establish the theory of illusion
- This is special concession to the Kali-yuga, that there are so many faults in this age, but if one sticks to this principle of kirtanad eva krsnasya mukta-sangah param vrajet, he becomes liberated and go back to home, back to Godhead
- This is the fault of My own destiny. Why should I needlessly accuse you? There is no intimate relationship between you and Me. Krsna, however, is My life and soul. It is We who live together, and it is He who has become so cruel
- Thus Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu criticized Sankaracarya's Sariraka-bhasya as imaginary, and He pointed out hundreds of faults in it. To defend Sankaracarya, however, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya presented unlimited opposition
- To be saved from faulty association, King Kulasekhara prays fervently to the Lord that he may never forget His lotus feet in any future birth
- To prevent them from accompanying Him and becoming unhappy, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu declared their good qualities to be faults
- We (gopis) become excited by lusty desires and come to You, giving up all shame and fear. But now You are angry with us. You are finding fault with our violating religious principles and leaving our homes and husbands
- We are actually to be predominated by Krsna, but we are trying to be predominator. That is our fault. Don't try to be predominator. Try to be predominated by Krsna and you will be happy
- We find that the joy of the gopis nourishes the joy of Lord Krsna. For that reason the fault of lust is not present in their love
- What is the fault on the part of the King? He wants the government's money. However, when they are punished for failing to pay the government its due, they come to Me to release them
- Whatever a sadhu does, there is no fault
- When human society gives up these elementary faults enumerated by Srila Rupa Gosvami (atyahara, etc.), all enmity will cease between men and animals, capitalists and communists, and so forth
- When one becomes arrogant with false prestige due to drinking intoxicants or being too lustful, the voice becomes faulty, the eyes become swollen, and there are symptoms of redness on the body
- When Subuddhi Raya consulted some other brahmanas, they told him that he had not committed a grievous fault and that consequently he should not drink hot ghee and give up his life. As a result, Subuddhi Raya was doubtful about what to do
- When there is imminent danger, an intelligent person should try to avoid the dangerous position as far as possible. But if, in spite of endeavoring by all intelligence, one fails to avoid the dangerous position, there is no fault on his part
- When they met, the Lord would offer him respectful obeisances, considering him a Godbrother of His spiritual master. Ramacandra Puri's business, however, was to search for faults in the Lord
- Wherever an advanced devotee is insulted, for one man’s fault the entire town or place is afflicted
- Yet why should I be angry with Krsna? It is the fault of My own misfortune. The fruit of My sinful activities has ripened, and therefore Krsna, who has always been dependent on My love, is now indifferent. This means that My misfortune is very strong
- You elected Nixon president; again you dragged him down, because there was mistake. You do not know who to elect because you are not guided by brahmanas. This is the fault
- You have neglected. My charge is that you have neglected. Bhagavad-gita is there. Bhagavad-gita is spoken in India. Bhagavad-gita is there. I think every home has got a Bhagavad-gita. But you do not study; you neglect it. That is your fault
- You should recommend the avoidance of mixed Ekadasi and the performance of pure Ekadasi. You should also describe the fault in not observing Ekadasi