Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
- ► God's Taking (11 C, 55 P)
Pages in category "Krsna's Taking"
The following 239 pages are in this category, out of 239 total.
- A fallen person should take advantage of this rope (the strong rope of spiritual instructions), and then the spiritual master, or the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, will take him out of the dark well
- A genuine relation of the living being with the Supreme Lord can take any form out of the five principal rasas, and it does not make any difference in transcendental degree to the genuine devotee
- A statement by Uddhava after the Syamantaka jewel plundering confirms that Krsna is so kind and favorable that if a servitor is accused even of great offenses, Krsna does not take this into consideration
- Actually Radharani inquired from Krsna, "Where is Your dress?" But Krsna took the meaning as residence, and He replied to Radharani, "My dear captivated one, at the present moment my residence is in Your beautiful eyes"
- Actually we cannot give any service to Krsna. He is unlimited. What is the value of our service? But He takes it seriously: "Oh, he is trying to give Me some service." Otherwise what service He needs from us?
- Actually, Krsna had purposely taken His wife Satyabhama with Him so that she could collect the parijata with her own hand. But the denizens of the heavenly planets, including Indra, were very irritated
- After a few days, Lord Krsna took permission from King Yudhisthira to return to Dvaraka
- After following him (Sankhacuda) a very short distance, Krsna caught him, struck his head with His fist and killed him. He then took the valuable jewel and returned
- After performing such wonderful pastimes, Lord Sri Krsna went up on the shore of the Yamuna River, taking with Him all His beloved gopis
- After taking supper and thinking of the next day's program, He (Krsna) very peacefully took rest. Thus He passed the night there
- After taking Their supper, Krsna and Balarama came to bid goodnight to Akrura and asked him how Kamsa was dealing with Their friends and relatives. Krsna then inquired into Kamsa's plans
- After the brahmana had been received nicely and seated on Lord Krsna's own cushioned bed, he and Krsna took each other's hands and began to talk about their early life, when they had both lived under the protection of the gurukula
- Akrura thought, "When Krsna & Balarama are pleased with my behavior, certainly They will take my hand, receive me within Their home & offer me all kinds of respectable hospitalities, & They will surely ask me about the activities of Kamsa & his friends"
- Akrura was warmly received by Lord Krsna and Nanda Maharaja and offered a resting place for the night. In the meantime, the two brothers Balarama and Krsna went to take Their supper
- All the gopis entrusted their silken garments and ornaments to the care of their friends and then put on fine white cloth. Lord Krsna, taking His beloved gopis with Him, bathed and performed very nice pastimes in the water of the Yamuna
- All those who heard considered the speech of Krsna for some time, and they concluded that Krsna was actually the S.P.G playing the role of an ordinary humans , who is forced to take a certain type of body as a result of the reactions of his past deeds
- Although Krsna is beyond sense perception & is unmanifest to human beings, He takes up the guise of a human being with a material body. Yasoda thought Him to be her son, and she bound Krsna with rope to a wooden mortar, as if He were an ordinary child
- Although the Battle of Kuruksetra was almost finished, still, according to His (Krsna's) vow, He should not have taken up His own weapon. But the emergency was more important than the vow
- Another interpretation is that Krsna closed His eyes because He simply took Putana to be His nurse. Putana came to Krsna just to offer her breast for the Lord to suck
- As far as Krsna's memory is concerned, it is said that when He was studying in the school of Sandipani Muni in Avantipur, He showed such a sharp memory that by once taking instructions from the teacher He immediately became perfect in any subject
- As if catching us by our hair, they forcibly take us away and deliver us unto You to become Your maidservants. Hearing of these incidents, people laugh at us. We have thus become completely subordinate to the flute
- As Krsna and Balarama approached the bow, They were warned not to go nearer, but Krsna ignored this warning. He forcibly went up and immediately took the big bow in His left hand
- At this age (at the end of Krsna's pauganda age) Krsna took pleasure in whispering into the ears of His friends, and the subject of His talks was the beauty of the gopis, who were just tarrying before them
- At this age Krsna took pleasure in whispering into the ears of His friends, and the subject of His talks was the beauty of the gopis, who were just tarrying before them. Subala once addressed Krsna thus
- Baby Krsna very quickly took the nipple in anger. He sucked the milk-poison along with the life air of the demon. In other words, Krsna simultaneously sucked the milk from her breast and killed her by sucking out her life
- Balarama also embraced Akrura. Taking him by the hand, Krsna and Balarama brought him to Their sitting room, where They offered him a very nice sitting place and water for washing his feet
- Because Lord Krsna appeared as the son of Devaki, the Mayavadi philosophers accept Krsna to be an ordinary living entity who takes birth within this material world
- Because Lord Krsna took birth in the house of King Nanda and mother Yasoda, the goddess of fortune was obliged to manifest her opulences in Vrndavana. It appeared that Vrndavana had already become a site for the pastimes of the goddess of fortune
- Before His personal appearance, the Lord causes some of His devotees to appear as His mother, father and intimate associates. He then appears later as if He were taking birth and growing from a baby to a child and gradually into a youth
- Being forcibly taken away by Sankhacuda, the damsels of Vraja called out the names of Krsna and Balarama for protection. The two brothers immediately began to follow them, taking up big logs of sala wood in Their hands
- Being pleased with them, He (Krsna) took their (the gopis) garments on His shoulder and began to speak as follows
- Even if He (Krsna) were lusty, He doesn’t need to take help from others to satisfy His lusty desires. The next point is that, although not lusty Himself, He might have been seduced by the lusty desires of the gopis
- Even in the transcendental life of Lord Krsna, we find that when He was a child He was very fond of playing with His friends of the same age, the cowherd boys. He would not even go home to take His dinner
- Even Krsna Himself accepted a spiritual master, for that is the system. In this way the Lord sets the example for men. We should not think, however, that the Lord takes a spiritual master because He is in want of knowledge
- Finally deciding to kill him (Salva), Krsna took up His wonderful disc, which shone like the brilliant sun at the time of the dissolution of the material creation
- Foolish people are suspicious of Krsna's taking part in the Battle of Kuruksetra, not knowing that His taking part insured liberation for all who were present on the battlefield
- Fulfilling my (Bhismadeva) desire and sacrificing His own promise, He (Krsna) got down from the chariot, took up its wheel, and ran towards me hurriedly, just as a lion goes to kill an elephant. He even dropped His outer garment on the way
- Garuda, the eagle, the carrier of Visnu, once said, "Who can be more pure than I? Where is there a second bird like me, so able and competent? Krsna may not like me; He may not wish to join my party, but still He has to take advantage of my wings"
- Gopis were approached: "Oh, Krsna is sick. They want, oh, dust of...?" Immediately: "Please take. Please take." She did not care that "We are going to hell by offering our dust of feet on the head of Krsna. Never mind. We shall go. Krsna will be happy"
- He (Krsna) appears exactly in His eternal body, uncontaminated by this material world. Although He appears in the same transcendental body and is Lord of the universe, it still appears that He takes His birth like an ordinary living entity
- He (Krsna) does not act or take His birth like an ordinary living being under the custody of material energy. Nor is His body material or changeable like that of ordinary living beings
- He (Krsna) exists at all times and at every place, but by His causeless mercy when He appears before us we take it for granted that He has taken His birth
- He (Krsna) had also glorified King Yadu, having taken His birth in the family. He is known as Yadava, Yaduvira, Yadunandana, etc., although the Lord is always independent of such obligation
- He (Krsna) pressed His teeth and lips, and taking up a piece of stone, He immediately broke the butter pot. He took butter out of it, and with false tears in His eyes, He began to eat the butter in a secluded place
- He (Krsna) stood before Bhismadeva to show him that his promise was fulfilled and that He had taken up the wheel
- He (Krsna) thought it wise to take precautionary measures for defending against an attack upon Mathura from two strategic points
- He (Krsna) took His arrows from their quiver, and one after another He set them on the bowstring and shot them toward the enemy. They were so accurate that the elephants, horses and infantry soldiers of Jarasandha were quickly killed
- He (Krsna) took the demon's dead body (in the shape of a conchshell) and returned to His chariot on the beach of Prabhasa-ksetra
- He (Lord Krsna) is fully independent. He doesn't require to take knowledge from anyone else. Otherwise how He can be origin?
- He (Lord Krsna) takes pleasure when His pure devotee beats Him like an enemy or rebukes Him from a superior position, although no one can be superior to the Lord
- He (Narada) entered another palace and saw Lord Krsna preparing to take His bath
- He (Satrajit) thought instead, because Krsna wanted that jewel, which had not been delivered to Him, Krsna might have therefore taken the jewel from Prasena by force, killed him. This idea grew into a rumor, which Satrajit spread in every part of Dvaraka
- He could understand that the fiery demon was a creation of Lord Siva, and in order to vanquish the demon He took His Sudarsana cakra and ordered him to take the necessary steps
- He first offered his respectful obeisances unto the Supreme Lord. He then said, "My dear Lord, I am King Nrga, the son of King Iksvaku. If you have ever taken account of all charitably disposed men, I am sure You must have heard my name"
- He was taking butter from a pot which was hanging from the ceiling on a swing, and He was feeding it to the monkeys. She saw Krsna looking this way and that way in fear of her because He was conscious of His naughty behavior
- His (Krsna's) mission was to diminish the overburdening population of the whole world; therefore He took the opportunity to face so many men, chariots, elephants and horses
- How supremely glorified is the dynasty of King Yadu, and how virtuous is the land of Mathura, where the supreme leader (Krsna) of all living beings, the husband of the goddess of fortune, has taken His birth and wandered in His childhood
- However, when the Lord says that He takes charge of His pure devotee, He actually takes direct charge
- If anyone simply understands this subject matter, why Krsna takes birth, why Krsna works as ordinary man - these are all transcendental subject matter - then he becomes free
- If Krsna is equal to everyone and no one is His special friend, then why does He take a special interest in the devotees who are always engaged in His transcendental service?
- If you are seriously interested in maintaining a Vaisnava temple, why not go & try to help my disciples in Boston, whether they are going to sell & relocate or remain, if you are financially able to assist that will be taken by Krsna as a great service
- In a fearful attitude, she (Rukmini) looked upon Krsna's face, expressing her gratefulness that He had taken such a great risk for her sake only
- In His (Krsna's) Vamana incarnation He posed Himself as a dwarf brahmana, but when He took possession of His land, promised by Bali Maharaja, He expanded His footstep to the top of the universe, extending over thousands and millions of miles
- In my opinion, it is better to travel and preach than open business. I had a nice business, one of the best in India, and Krishna took it all away, and now I am very much thankful
- In order to be fair to Satadhanva, Krsna and Balarama also left Their chariot and began to follow Satadhanva on foot. While Satadhanva and Krsna were running, Krsna took His disc and cut off Satadhanva's head
- In other words, Krsna does not take pleasure in this external energy but exhibits His internal energy, His pleasure potency, as Radharani and then enjoys with Her. Thus Krsna manifests Himself as Radharani in order to enjoy His internal pleasure potency
- In some other Puranas it is stated that Garuda, the eternal carrier of Visnu, knew that Krsna would take this action in the future, and so he put some nectar on this tree to preserve it
- In some palace He (Krsna) was found (by Narada) lying down on His bedstead taking rest, and somewhere else He was found sitting in His chair, being praised by the prayers of His different devotees
- In spite of this knowledge They (Krsna and Balarama) wanted to go to Hastinapura to take part in the bereavement. On arriving in Hastinapura, Krsna and Balarama first went to see Bhismadeva because he was the chief of the Kuru dynasty
- In such chivalrous fighting between friends (like Krsna & Arjuna), there is sometimes bragging, self-complacence, pride, power, taking to weapons, challenging & standing as opponent. All of these symptoms become impetuses to chivalrous devotional service
- In the Bhagavad-gita the Lord (Krsna) says that He takes His birth in the material world, although He is the Lord of all creations and He is unborn. So there cannot be any denial of the birth of the Unborn because He Himself establishes the truth
- In the same way, if one universe is vacated due to the living entities' having been liberated, that is a very little thing for Krsna. He does not take it very seriously
- In this way, all the gopis pointed out the faults of the particular gopi who had been taken alone by Krsna. They said that this chief gopi, Radharani, must be very proud of Her position, thinking Herself the greatest of the gopis
- Indra said, "I thought that in the name of a Govardhana sacrifice You (Krsna) were taking my share of profit, and therefore I mistook Your position"
- Indra, along with other demigods, offered opposition to Krsna and Satyabhama for taking away the (Parijata) tree, but in order to please His favorite wife Satyabhama, Krsna became determined and adamant, so there was a fight
- It does not take Krsna even a second to offer anything we desire provided such thing is engaged in the service of the Lord
- It is also confirmed in the Bhagavad-gita in many places that the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, takes a special interest in His devotees and declares emphatically that nothing can cause His devotees to fall down. He is always protecting them
- It is also confirmed in the Bhagavad-gita that as soon as a person surrenders unto the lotus feet of Krsna, Krsna takes charge of him and gives him a guarantee of protection from all sinful reactions
- It was Maha-Visnu's plan that the brahmana would accuse the ksatriyas and Krsna, and Krsna would be obliged to come see Him to take back the brahmana's sons
- Kamsa said, "Please go immediately to Vrndavana and encourage the boys (Krsna and Balarama) to come here to see the beauty of Mathura and take pleasure in the wrestling competition"
- King Jarasandha was very liberal in giving charity to brahmanas, and thus he informed Lord Krsna, Bhima and Arjuna: "My dear brahmanas, you may ask from me whatever you like. If you so desire, you may take my head also. I am prepared to give it"
- King Nanda said, "On the whole, He (Krsna) is exactly like Lord Visnu, who always takes the side of the demigods, who are consequently never defeated by the demons"
- Knowing that Dantavakra was alone and armed with only a club, Lord Krsna responded similarly and prepared Himself by taking His club in His hand
- Krsna also collected unlimited wealth from the palace, a treasure of chariots, horses, jewels and so on. He took from the palace fifty white elephants, each with four tusks, and all of them were dispatched to Dvaraka
- Krsna and Balarama took Their baths in the river and washed Their faces. After drinking the transparent, crystal-clear water of the Yamuna, They took Their seats again on the chariot
- Krsna appears periodically as a devotee to take part in various wonderful activities depicted in His sublime philosophy and teachings
- Krsna concluded, "I shall act in such a way as to relieve him of this false prestige. I shall give protection to My pure devotees in Vrndavana, who are at present completely dependent on My mercy and whom I have taken completely under My protection"
- Krsna continued, "I have specifically taken My birth as the son of Vasudeva in the Yadu dynasty, and people therefore know Me as Vasudeva, the son of Vasudeva"
- Krsna does not take any pleasure in this material world, but He has a pleasure potency. Because we are part and parcel of Krsna, the pleasure potency is within us also, but we are trying to exhibit that pleasure potency in matter
- Krsna has taken birth or taken shelter within the womb of the Krsna consciousness movement
- Krsna in Dvaraka enjoyed the pastimes of a perfect human being. Therefore, when He washed the feet of the sage Narada & took the water on His head, Narada did not object, knowing well that the Lord did so to teach everyone how to respect saintly persons
- Krsna is always engaged in loving affairs with Radharani, and He takes to the bushes of Vrndavana to enjoy His lusty activities with Her. Thus He successfully carries out His lusty instincts
- Krsna is anxious to take you back. Why you are wasting time?
- Krsna is not a hungry man like me, that "If you give Me something, I will eat everything, finished." No. Krsna can take the whole plate; still it will remain the whole plate, for giving prasadam
- Krsna is so merciful that even though He knew Putana was there to kill Him, He took her as His nurse or mother
- Krsna is taking birth as the son of Devaki or Mother Yasoda, but He's not taking birth exactly like us. That is described in the Srimad-Bhagavatam. When Krsna appeared, He did not come out or did not come out from the womb of Devaki
- Krsna is very much anxious to take you back home, back to Godhead. But we are stubborn. We do not wish. So He's always finding out the opportunity how you can be taken back home, back to Godhead
- Krsna said to Narada, "Fortunately, when we meet you we can very easily take information from Your Holiness of all the news of the three worlds, for within this cosmic manifestation of the Supreme Lord there is nothing concealed from your knowledge"
- Krsna said, "I have decided to take them with Me to pacify My mother, Devaki. After seeing My mother, all six of these conditioned souls will be liberated, and thus in great pleasure they will be transferred to their original planet"
- Krsna said, "Let us have our lunch in this spot because it is already late and we are feeling hungry. Let the calves remain near us, and drink water from the Yamuna. While we engage in our lunch-taking, the calves may engage in eating the soft grasses"
- Krsna said, "My dear friend Uddhava, I think I should now take advantage of all these circumstances and engage Myself in the rasa dance"
- Krsna said, "My dear friends, just see how this spot is very nice for taking lunch and playing on the soft, sandy Yamuna bank. You can see how the lotus flowers in the water are beautifully blown and how they distribute their fragrance all around"
- Krsna saw Himself overwhelmed by the military strength of Jarasandha. His small army of soldiers was being harassed, so He immediately took up His bow, named Sarnga
- Krsna takes always the bright side. Putana, although she came to cheat Krsna, but how Krsna will cheat? Krsna thought that "I have sucked her breast, so she is My mother. She should go to the same place where Yasodamayi is going." This is Krsna
- Krsna takes these, these patram puspam phalam toyam, grains, food grains, and milk and vegetables and fruits. So we prepare hundreds of items with these things. You can do that. And they are all delicious and full of vitamins
- Krsna then took the meaning of vasa as fragrance and said, "My dear fortunate one (Radharani), I have just assumed this fragrance in order to be associated with Your body"
- Krsna told one of His gopi friends: "My dear beautiful friend, I can take oath that I have not stolen even a drop of curd from your pot! But still, your friend, Radharani, is very shamelessly smelling the flavor of My mouth"
- Krsna took compassion upon Brahma because of his inability to see how Krsna was displaying the forms of Visnu and transforming Himself into calves and cowherd boys
- Krsna took the opportunity of their looking at the forest to advise them. "I think you have come out to see the beautiful Vrndavana forest on this night," He said, "but you must now be satisfied. So return to your homes without delay"
- Krsna took the position of guru, and He began to instruct. Tam uvaca hrsikesah. Hrsikesa..., Krsna's another name is Hrsikesa. Hrsikesa means hrsika isa. Hrsika means the senses, and isa, the master
- Krsna was expert in dealing with people according to circumstances, country, time & paraphernalia. How He could take advantage of a particular time, circumstance & person is expressed by Him while talking to Uddhava about His rasa dance with the gopis
- Krsna was sitting with mother Yasoda and His other mothers, Devaki and Rohini, but when the mothers engaged in talking, He took the opportunity and went to a secluded place to meet the gopis
- Krsna was so grave that He did not take the prayers of Brahma very seriously
- Krsna, being very kind, punishes the conditioned soul in one life for such sinful activities and then takes him back home, back to Godhead
- Krsna, having been interrupted in His business of sucking the breast, was very angry. He took a piece of stone, broke the churning pot and entered a room, where He began to eat the freshly churned butter
- Krsna, unconcerned with the other princes, immediately took the opportunity to place Rukmini on His chariot, marked by a flag bearing an image of Garuda
- Kuntidevi knows that Krsna is unborn. Krsna does not take birth, but it appears like that to some fools. Therefore they say that Krsna has taken birth
- Laksmana said, "Expecting opposition from the princes, He (Krsna) armored Himself and took up His bow, named Sarnga, and then our celebrated driver, Daruka, drove the beautiful chariot, without a moment's delay, toward the city of Dvaraka"
- Laksmana said, "When at last Lord Krsna took up the bow, He was able to tie the bowstring very easily, just as a child plays with a toy"
- Lalita said: "Standing with His right foot placed below the knee of His left leg, the middle of His body curved in three places, and His neck gracefully tilted to the side, Krsna takes His flute to His pursed lips and moves His fingers upon it"
- Lord Brahma hoped that since he was, after all, Lord Krsna's subordinate, the Lord would kindly take compassion upon him and excuse him for his gross mistake
- Lord Indra said, "This Krsna is an ordinary human being, is talkative, childish, impudent & ignorant, although He thinks Himself very learned. The cowherd men in Vrndavana have offended me by accepting Him. This has not been greatly appreciated by me"
- Lord Krsna broke off a twig from a tree, took it in His hand, and bifurcated it. In this way He hinted to Bhimasena how Jarasandha could be killed
- Lord Krsna is so kind to the fallen souls that He personally incarnates Himself amongst the different kinds of living entities and takes part with them in daily activities
- Lord Krsna saw that the trident of the Mura demon was rushing toward His carrier, Garuda. Immediately, by a trick of His hand, He took two arrows and threw them toward the trident, cutting it to pieces
- Lord Krsna then took permission from His father, Vasudeva, and grandfather, Ugrasena, and He immediately ordered His servants Daruka and Jaitra to arrange for travel to Hastinapura
- Lord Krsna thought: "Taking these pure devotees with Me, I shall descend and sport in various wonderful ways, unknown even in Vaikuntha. I shall broadcast such pastimes by which even I am amazed"
- Lord Krsna took Arjuna through this place (the destination of those who aspire for liberation from the material world, beyond Aloka-varsa) to bring back the sons of the brahmana
- Lord Krsna took charge of Aniruddha and Usa, who had become very opulent materially because of the blessings of Lord Siva. Thus, keeping forward a division of one aksauhini of soldiers, Krsna proceeded toward Dvaraka
- Lord Krsna took the Syamantaka jewel in His hand and showed it to all His relatives and friends present and then returned the jewel to Akrura in their presence, so that they would know that the jewel was actually being kept by Akrura in Dvaraka City
- Lord Krsna's ultimate instruction in the Bhagavad-gita is that everyone should surrender unto Him, Lord Krsna. Krsna promises to take immediate charge of such a surrendered soul
- Lord Krsna, the enemy of Kamsa, left aside the other gopis during the rasa dance and took Srimati Radharani to His heart, for She is the helper of the Lord in realizing the essence of His desires
- Lord Krsna, the enemy of Kamsa, took Srimati Radharani within His heart, for He desired to dance with Her. Thus He left the arena of the rasa dance and the company of all the other beautiful damsels of Vraja
- Lord Sri Krsna had previously taken His lunch in the forest, and that very pastime was remembered by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Mother Yasoda told Krsna, "My dear Krsna, do You think that You are a street boy? You have no home? Please come back to Your home! I see that Your body has become very dirty from playing since early morning. Now come home and take Your bath"
- Mother Yasoda told Krsna, "You should also be cleansed and decorated with nice dress and ornaments. Please, therefore, come back, take Your bath, dress Yourself nicely, and then again You may go on playing"
- My Lord, even the learned sages become disturbed in their intelligence when they see that Your Greatness engages in fruitive work although You are free from all desires, that You take birth although You are unborn, that You flee out of fear of the enemy
- Nanda continued, "Krsna killed all these animals and demons just as a lion kills an ordinary animal. How wonderful it is that Krsna took in one hand the big, heavy bow made of three joined palm trees and broke it very quickly"
- Narada Muni said, "All these activities performed by Your (Krsnas) Grace will be sung by great poets throughout the world. And at the Battle of Kuruksetra You will take part as the chariot driver of Your friend Arjuna"
- No one can excel the devotional service of Srimati Radharani. Indeed, even Krsna cannot understand the attitude of Srimati Radharani; therefore He took Her position and appeared as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, just to understand Her transcendental feelings
- No one is greater than or equal to the Lord, but He takes pleasure in being treated as younger than His devotees. These are all transcendental pastimes of the Lord
- O my (Vasudeva) Lord (Krsna), Lord of the demigods, after hearing the prophecy that You would take birth in our (Vasudeva's and Devaki's) home and kill him (Kamsa), this uncivilized Kamsa killed so many of Your elder brothers
- Of course it is bewildering, O soul of the universe, that You (Krsna) work, though You are inactive, and that You take birth, though You are the vital force and the unborn
- Oh, how wonderful it is! Putana, the sister of Bakasura, wanted to kill Krsna by smearing deadly poison on her breasts and having Krsna take it
- On hearing this proposal from Krsna, all the boys became very glad and said, "Certainly, let us all sit down here to take our lunch." They then let loose the calves to eat the soft grass
- One day, a fruit vendor came before the house of Nanda Maharaja. Upon hearing the vendor call, "If anyone wants fruits, please come and take them from me!" child Krsna immediately took some grains in His palms and went to get fruits in exchange
- One friend of Nanda, speaking about Krsna's auspicious bodily symptoms, said, "My dear King of the cowherds, I can find 32 auspicious symptoms on the body of your son! I am wondering how this boy could have taken his birth in the family of cowherd men"
- One gopi said, "My dear Krsna, ever since You took Your birth in this land of Vrajabhumi, everything appears to be glorious. The land of Vrndavana has become glorious, and it is as if the goddess of fortune is personally always existing here"
- One may try to leave Him, but He is not going to leave you. Once come, "No, sir, you cannot go out." Just like our Ajamila. He was devotee in the beginning, and later on, by bad association of prostitute, he fell. But Krsna took him at the end
- One of the gopis began to play on a flute, and another praised her the way Krsna's boyfriends praised Him while He played on His flute. One of the gopis took another gopi on her shoulders, just as Krsna used to take His boyfriends
- One who takes delight in hearing the war topics of the Lord is relieved from birth and death. Foolish people are suspicious of Krsna's taking part in the Battle of Kuruksetra, not knowing that His taking part insured liberation for all who were present
- Or, since after all He is a very cunning, obstinate debauchee with a propensity to cheat, He takes to the company of other women. He then indulges in loving affairs with them in front of Me to give distress to My mind
- Others say that since both Vasudeva and Devaki prayed for You (Krsna), You have taken Your birth as their son. Undoubtedly You are unborn, yet You take Your birth for their welfare and to kill those who are envious of the demigods
- Our ultimate aim is to take part in politics, because Krishna took part in politics, we have to follow
- Pradyumna once addressed Samba with these words: "My dear Samba, you are such a glorified personality! I have seen that once when you were playing on the ground, your body became covered with dust; yet our father, Lord Krsna, still took you up on His lap"
- Princes said, "We have our elephants, horses, chariots, bows, arrows and swords, so why should we be afraid of Krsna? Let us attack Him! He is nothing but a lusty cowherd boy! He cannot take away the Princess in this way! Let us all attack Him!"
- Putting flower garlands on His (Krsna) neck, dressing His hair, getting Him to lie down on the bed & assisting Him in taking His bath. Thus they (Krsna's wives) served always in every respect, especially when Krsna was eating
- Radha said, "He has five arrows, and fixing them on His bow, He shoots them into the bodies of innocent women. Thus these women become invalids. It would be better if He took My life without hesitation, but He does not do so. He simply gives Me pain"
- Radharani said, "How can you take Me there? How will you be able to help Me meet Krsna while He is taking rest there with the goddess of fortune and embracing her to His chest? Never mind. Let us forget all these things about My going there or sending you
- Rukmini said to Draupadi: When Jarasandha and other kings, bows and arrows upraised, stood ready to deliver me in charity to Sisupala, Krsna forcibly took me from their midst, as a lion takes its share of goats and sheep
- Salva said, "In the great assembly at King Yudhisthira's Rajasuya-yajna, while my friend Sisupala was a little absent-minded, You took an opportunity to kill him"
- She (Laksmana) was also forcibly married by Krsna, who took her in the same way that Garuda snatched the jar of nectar from the hands of the demigods. Krsna kidnapped this girl in the presence of many other princes in the assembly of her svayamvara
- So he (Bhismadeva) took a vow that the next day Krsna would have to take up weapons Himself, otherwise His friend Arjuna would die
- Sometimes He tries to walk, taking step by step, and sometimes He talks very sweetly, in broken language. These were some of the symptoms of His middle kaumara age
- Sometimes Krsna would take a palm fan and fan the body of Balarama, causing a pleasing breeze to relieve Him of His fatigue. Other boys would sometimes dance or sing while Balarama took rest, and sometimes they would wrestle amongst themselves or jump
- Sometimes one friend would say, "Krsna, see how my food is relishable," and Krsna would take some and laugh. Similarly, Balarama, Sudama and other friends would taste one another's food and laugh
- Srimati Radharani continued, "Before that birth as a ksatriya, He (Krsna) took His birth as a brahmana boy known as Vamanadeva and asked charity from Bali Maharaja. Bali Maharaja was so magnanimous that he gave Him whatever he had"
- Taking advantage of the pleasing atmosphere, Krsna and Balarama began to sing very melodiously. The damsels became so absorbed in Their rhythmical song that they almost forgot themselves
- Taking My words as defamation, Lord Krsna has left Me. I know that He is gone, but kindly hear My prayers in praise: 'You are the satisfaction of My eyes. You are My wealth and My life. Alas, please give Me your audience once again'
- Taking up a broken chariot wheel, He ran toward Grandfather Bhisma as a lion runs toward an elephant to kill it
- Taking with Him some of the important inhabitants of Dvaraka, Krsna went to search out Prasena, the brother of Satrajit, and found him dead, killed by the lion
- The almighty Personality of Godhead, Sri Krsna, having observed that a great danger was befalling His unalloyed devotees, who were fully surrendered souls, at once took up His Sudarsana disc to protect them
- The asuras wrongly think that Krsna took birth like an ordinary child and passed away from this world like an ordinary man. Such asuric conceptions are rejected by persons in knowledge of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The brahmana continued, "Actually I only see Lord Krsna sitting on a chariot as Arjuna's charioteer. Taking the reins in His hands, He appears very beautiful and blackish"
- The color of the rice is so attractive and its aroma so good that it appears Radha and Krsna have directly taken it
- The demigods could understand that the Lord had taken His residence within the womb of Devaki to fulfill His vow, and they were very glad that the Lord was appearing in order to fulfill His mission
- The demigods said: When You appear in Your different incarnations, You take different names and forms according to different situations. Krsna is Your name because You are all-attractive; You are called Syamasundara because of Your transcendental beauty
- The foolish mundaners would have been left perpetually in the darkness of foolish activities if Sri Krsna, or Marshal Arjuna, had not kindly taken the trouble of initiating the process of karma-yoga by the direct method of personal example
- The gopis asked, "How could Krsna take Her away alone, leaving all of us aside, unless She is extraordinarily qualified and beautiful?"
- The gopis began to condemn the activities of Akrura. Stating that he was taking Krsna, who was more dear than the dearest to them & who was the pleasure of their eyes. He was being taken from their sight without their being informed or solaced by Akrura
- The gopis began to splash water on the body of Krsna, all the while smiling, and Krsna enjoyed this. As Krsna was taking pleasure in the joking words and splashing water, the demigods in the heavenly planets showered flowers
- The gopis said, "He (Krsna) has taken Her along with Him. Dear friends, just imagine how the dust of this place is transcendentally glorious"
- The gopis said, "When you were submerged in water, He (Varaha) delivered you, taking the whole weight of your existence on His tusks"
- The Lord (Krsna) was sitting, taking rest against a young banyan tree, with His right lotus foot on His left thigh, and although He had left all household comforts, He looked quite cheerful in that posture
- The Lord appears in a particular family or place by His inconceivable potency. He does not take His birth as a conditioned soul quits his body and accepts another body
- The Lord is always kind to all living entities, irrespective of form and situation, yet He took the side of Indra just like an ordinary friend
- The message (by Paundraka to Krsna) contained the following statements, "You (Krsna) have falsely taken the position of Vasudeva without authority, but You should not propagate this false idea. You must give up Your position"
- The most astonishing feature was that Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, took charge of washing the feet of all the incoming guests (during the Rajasuya Sacrifice)
- The vibration of Krsna's flute is very aggressive, and it breaks the vows of all chaste women. Indeed, its vibration takes them forcibly from the laps of their husbands
- There are different opinions as to why He (Krsna) takes His birth. That is also declared in the Bhagavad-gita. He appears by His own internal potency to reestablish the principles of religion and to protect the pious and to annihilate the impious
- There are others who designate Him as impersonal, and so the Lord also does not take any personal interest
- There is a statement in Rasa-sudhakara that after passing the night with Krsna, Radharani became so weak that She was unable to get up from bed. When Krsna took Her hand to help Her, Radharani felt guilty about having passed the night with Him
- There is no need for him to perform any purificatory ceremonies. Because the Lord is situated within his heart, He takes compassion for the devotee's accidental mistake and corrects him from within
- There was a fight between Krsna and King Syamantaka, and Krsna was to take a valuable jewel from the King
- There was no possibility of Arjuna's death because the Lord Himself was on the chariot, but because Bhismadeva wanted to see Lord Krsna take up some weapon to save His friend, the Lord created this situation, making Arjuna's death imminent
- Thereafter, at the conjunction of two yugas, the Lord of the creation will take His birth as the Kalki incarnation and become the son of Visnu Yasa. At this time the rulers of the earth will have degenerated into plunderers
- These are the words of Princess Rukmini, 'Similarly, I have heard of Your transcendental qualities. I may be shameless in expressing myself directly, but You have captivated me and taken my heart'
- These wives were great devotees of the Lord, and Krsna took this opportunity to bless them. He said, "My dear friends, please go to the house of the brahmanas nearby"
- They (Krsna and Balarama) also learned how to splash water in the rivers or lakes while taking a bath among friends
- Thinking like this, Srimati Radharani considered Herself Krsna's most beloved gopi. She had become proud and had left the rasa-lila with Krsna. In the deep forest She said, "My dear Krsna, I cannot walk any more. You can take Me wherever You like"
- This is the test of Krsna consciousness. In the beginning they (the gopis) were a little envious that Krsna had taken Radharani alone, leaving aside all the other gopis
- This time Krsna took out His sharp sword and was about to kill him (Rukmi) immediately
- Thus Lord Sri Krsna spoke of the sexual activities of the previous night. In this way He made Srimati Radharani close Her eyes out of shyness. Taking this opportunity, Sri Krsna painted various types of dolphins on Her breasts
- Thus Radha and Lord Krsna are one, yet They have taken two forms to enjoy the mellows of pastimes
- To protect Arjuna He (Krsna) got down from the chariot, took up the wheel of the chariot and hurriedly rushed at Bhismadeva in an angry mood, as a lion goes to kill an elephant
- To take the jewel from the child, Krsna approached, stood before him. When the nurse taking care of Rksa's child saw Krsna standing before her, she was afraid, thinking He might take away the valuable Syamantaka jewel, and she cried out loudly in fear
- To the devotees, Krsna takes charge Himself, and to the ordinary living entities, the charge is taken by maya. Maya is also Krsna's agent
- Uddhava continued, "He (Krsna) does not have a material body like us; He never appears or takes birth like an ordinary human being"
- Ultimately, Krsna defeated all of them (demigods) and took the parijata flower, which He presented to His queen (Satyabhama)
- Upon your surrender, the spiritual master and Krishna take responsibility for your sins. So if you commit sin again, the spiritual master becomes responsible for your sinful reaction
- Varuna said, "My dear Lord Krsna, Govinda, be merciful upon me - here is Your father. You can take him back immediately." In this way Lord Krsna, the SP of Godhead, rescued His father and presented him before his friends, bringing them great jubilation
- Vedic culture is that one must rise early in the morning. And even Krsna in His grhastha life, immediately He rose up. Rukmini was disturbed because womanly nature, and again immediately taking bath, meditation. This is Vedic culture
- Visnu said: I gave you the benediction that I would take birth as your son three times. First, I was known as Prsnigarbha, born of Prsni & Sutapa, next birth I was Upendra, born of Aditi & Kasyapa, and now I am born as Krsna from you, Devaki & Vasudeva
- We must worship the Absolute Personality of Godhead, Krsna, who is all-attractive and who can bestow upon us complete freedom from material bondage by taking us back home, back to Godhead
- We should never say that politics is not our field. Why not? Krsna took part. Krsna instructs everything
- We understand from the Brahma-samhita and Skanda Purana that Krsna is always surrounded by many thousands of goddesses of fortune. The gopis are all goddesses of fortune, and Krsna took them hand in hand on the bank of the Yamuna
- When a parijata tree from the heavenly kingdom was taken by Krsna, Indra had fought with Him. This was self-interest on the part of Indra
- When Arjuna was perplexed about what to do with Asvatthama, Lord Sri Krsna, as the very dear friend of Arjuna, voluntarily took up the matter just to make a solution. And He was smiling also
- When He understood that the water of the Yamuna was being polluted by the black serpent Kaliya, Lord Krsna took action against him and made him leave the Yamuna and go elsewhere, and thus the water became purified
- When I take this Bhagavad-gita book, I see one picture, that Krsna is so kind that He has taken the chariot driver, sarathi, of Arjuna. He is His devotee. So Sri Krsna is so kind that He can accept the position of a servant because Arjuna was ordering
- When Indra was defeated by Krsna in the matter of taking the parijata plant from heaven, Narada met Indra and criticized him
- When Krsna and Balarama took Their baths, Akrura saw the entire world of Vaikuntha within the water. The inhabitants of Vrndavana also saw the Vaikuntha planets within the water
- When Krsna and Balarama were in the forest, mother Yasoda used to send Them some fruits, sweetmeats and rice mixed with yogurt. Krsna would take them, sit down on a slab of stone on the bank of the Yamuna, and call His friends to join Him
- When Krsna takes His bath in universally purifying rivers like the Yamuna and the Ganges of the celestial world, the great personalities of those rivers greedily and jubilantly drink the remnants of the nectarean juice from His lips
- When Krsna was residing at the place of His spiritual master, He did not mind taking all troubles in rendering service to His guru, although His body was very soft and delicate
- When Lord Krsna saw the weapons of Banasura coming at Him, like water coming out of a strainer, He took His sharp-edged Sudarsana disc and began to cut off the demon's one thousand arms, one after another
- When Lord Krsna understood that there was great danger in the city of Dvaraka, He took permission from the elder members of the Pandava family, especially from His aunt Kuntidevi, and started immediately for Dvaraka
- When Lord Siva released his personal weapon, called Pasupata-astra, Krsna immediately counteracted it with the Narayana-astra. Lord Siva then became exasperated in fighting with Lord Krsna. Krsna then took the opportunity to release His yawning weapon
- When My mind lost the association of Krsna and could no longer see Him, he became depressed and took up mystic yoga. In the void of separation from Krsna, he experienced ten transcendental transformations
- When Sisupala was abusing the kings who were about to attack him, Lord Krsna took up His disc, as sharp as the blade of a razor, and immediately separated Sisupala's head from his body
- When the elephant and caretaker fell, Krsna jumped up on the elephant, broke off one of its tusks, and with it killed the elephant and the caretaker also. After killing the elephant, Krsna took the ivory tusk on His shoulder
- When the Lord saw that there was no time for the Pandavas to counteract the brahmastra of Asvatthama, He took up His weapon even at the risk of breaking His own vow
- When the rasa dance was going on in full swing, Krsna left all the gopis and took only Srimati Radharani with Him
- While Krsna was dancing on his hoods, Kaliya tried to push Him down with some of his other hoods. Kaliya had about a hundred hoods, but Krsna took control of them. He began to dash Kaliya with His lotus feet, and this was more than the serpent could bear
- Without tapasya, nobody can approach Krishna. So preachers who boldly face all kinds of difficulties are considered to be under tapasya, and Krishna takes note of such tapasya of the devotee, and the devotee is recognized by Him
- Yajnapatni said, "She (Radharani) was feeling ashamed and was absorbed in thought, and Krsna took the opportunity to mark Her breasts with different kinds of tilaka. Krsna proved Himself to be very expert in that art"
- You should be fully conscious, that "Everything belongs to Krsna and nothing to us." Then Krsna becomes your suhrt. He takes charge