This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
Pages in category "Does"
The following 220 pages are in this category, out of 220 total.
- A brahmana never commits any sinful activity. If he, sometimes in an unnatural condition, if he does something. So he should be excused. This is Vedic law
- A dog can mate with a bitch before the public eyes without hesitation, but if a human being does so the act will be considered a public nuisance, and the person will be criminally prosecuted
- A guest who comes to one's home should be received very politely. If he is unwanted, the householder should not stare at him with blinking eyes, for one who does so will be put into the hell known as Paryavartana
- A Krsna conscious man does not take shelter of any person - man or demigod. Whatever he does in Krsna consciousness is sufficient in the discharge of his obligation
- A materialistic person does not believe that everything is managed in nature, and he does not know that if one does something wrong, he is witnessed by different demigods
- A person in ignorance of the principles of religion who therefore does nothing in the matter of religion is far better than a person who misguides others in the name of religion without reference to the factual religious principles of devotional service
- A person in the divine consciousness, although engaged in seeing, hearing, touching, smelling, eating, moving about, sleeping, and breathing, always knows within himself that he actually does nothing at all. BG 5.8-9 - 1972
- A person who does not disturb or cause painful action in the mind of any living entity, who treats everyone just like a loving father does his children, whose heart is so pure, certainly very soon becomes favored by the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- A person who has developed from faith to the stage of bhava, states that such a person is never agitated even if there are causes for agitation. Nor does such a person waste his time even for a moment; he is always anxious to do something for Krsna
- A person who knows the principles of religion does not kill an enemy who is careless, intoxicated, insane, asleep, afraid or devoid of his chariot. Nor does he kill a boy, a woman, a foolish creature or a surrendered soul
- A pure devotee does not desire promotion to heavenly planets, nor does he seek oneness with the brahma-jyotir or salvation or liberation from material entanglement
- A vairagi (a person in the renounced order) should not depend on others. If he does so, he will be unsuccessful, and he will be neglected by Krsna
- A vairagi a person in the renounced order should not depend on others. If he does so, he will be unsuccessful, and he will be neglected by Krsna
- A weaver, he sees 'Kat, kat, kat'. He's got it. Does it require M.A., Ph.D. Simply waste of time. And that is going on. I don't want that, for 'Kat, kat, kat', M.A., Ph D
- According to the laws of man, a person may be hanged when he commits homicide, but he is not hanged when he kills lower animals. But according to the laws of God, one commits the same sin by killing a lower animal as he does by killing a man
- Among modern Mayavadis it has become fashionable to say that whatever one does or whatever path one follows is all right
- An Aryan civilization is a civilization advanced in spiritual knowledge. Not merely by stamping oneself an Aryan does one become an Aryan
- An intelligent man should not keep such an unchaste wife, for if he does he will lose his good fortune both in this life and the next
- Another gopi inquired, "Does He (Krsna) remember that night in the midst of kumuda flowers and moonlight, when Vrndavana became exceedingly beautiful? Krsna was dancing with us, and the atmosphere was surcharged with the sound of foot bells"
- Anu means "to follow," and pasyati means "to observe." Thus the word anupasyati means that one should not see things as he does with the naked eye but should follow the previous acaryas. Due to material defects, the naked eye cannot see anything properly
- Are the caves of the mountains now closed, or, above all, does the Almighty Lord not protect the fully surrendered souls? Why then do the learned sages go to flatter those who are intoxicated by hard-earned wealth
- Arjuna was supposed to take responsibility and the credit of being victorious. Krishna is so kind, He does everything, but He gives the credit to His sincere devotee
- As a blazing fire turns firewood to ashes, O Arjuna, so does the fire of knowledge burn to ashes all reactions to material activities
- As one usually does in such situations, Krsna entered the bedroom of Kubja without wasting time. In the meantime, Kubja took her bath and smeared her body with sandalwood pulp
- As the blazing fire turns firewood to ashes, O Arjuna, so does the fire of knowledge burn to ashes all reactions to material activities. BG 4.37 - 1972
- As the sun alone illuminates all this universe, so does the living entity, one within the body, illuminate the entire body by consciousness
- As this material body has a beginning, the universal body does also. And as our material body has begun on the basis of our soul, the entire gigantic universal body has begun on the basis of the Supreme Soul
- At night the snow has no silver glitter, nor does the glowworm have any illuminating power during the daytime
- At this (dhrti) stage one is not perturbed by any amount of loss, nor does anything appear to be unachieved by him
- Balarama continued, "Only because of false notions does one become unhappy, but one can immediately remove this unhappiness by discussing the philosophy of actual life. Be happy on that platform only"
- Because of the sinful things one does to earn money, augment his wealth and protect it, he is put into the hell called Sucimukha, where the officials of Yamaraja punish him by stitching thread through his entire body like weavers manufacturing cloth
- Blessed are all these foolish deer because they have approached Maharaja Nanda's son, who is gorgeously dressed and is playing on His flute. Indeed, both the does and the bucks worship the Lord with looks of love and affection
- Brahma also does his duty very perfectly, not only by generating the living entities but also by spreading his party for reclaiming the fallen souls. The party is called the Brahma-sampradaya
- By work with transcendental results, or karma-yoga, not only does one become immune from the bondage of work, but also one develops his transcendental devotion toward the Absolute Personality of Godhead
- Chagale na khaya, pagale ki bale. "A madman, what does he not say, and a goat, what does he not eat?"
- Concerning the editing of Jayadvaita Prabhu, whatever he does is approved by me. I have confidence in him. Your changes which I have seen of the sanskrit synonyms is also approved by me
- Creation is made possible by the goodness of Visnu, and when it requires to be destroyed, Lord Siva does it by the tandavanrtya
- Demigods and all other living entities belong to the energy principle, as does the universe itself. No one but the Lord and His plenary expansions are in the category of the energetic principle
- Dharma means the laws of God. It is not a sentiment, faith, "I believe." You believe or not believe, what does it matter? You believe or not believe in the government laws - it must carry on
- Does the work of protection
- Even if a common man sees someone preparing to commit suicide, he will try to save him. He does so automatically
- Even if a devotee has no engagement, he will find some work to do for Krsna's satisfaction. Nor does such a person like anything which is not connected with Krsna
- Even if a woman does commit some sinful activity, no one should place his hand upon her. And what to speak of you, dear King, who are so merciful. You are a protector, and you are affectionate to the poor
- Even if he does so, or he is a very nice brahmana, nice ksatriya, so he has done his duty very nicely, but he has not taken to Krsna consciousness. Sastra says, what he has gained? What he has gained
- Find out what is your occupation, what you can very nicely and easily perform, and do it for Krsna
- For the benefit of the human beings, the capitalist kills the poor animals. Similarly, the communist does the same thing. Where is the difference?
- For the soul there is never birth nor death. Nor, having once been, does he ever cease to be. He is unborn, eternal, ever-existing, undying and primeval. He is not slain when the body is slain. BG 2.20- 1972
- God is all good. There is no good or evil. Whatever God does, that is all good. But if we imitate God, then it is evil. That is the disease of material disease
- God is good. Krsna chanted, danced with others' wives at dead of night. Any man who does it, he is immediately a debauch, licentious. But still we worship that rasa-lila
- God is perfect, and whatever He speaks, that is perfect. Therefore God is called "God is good." All-good. Whatever He does, whatever He speaks, everything is good, perfect
- Gopis inquired from Balarama, "Does He (Krsna) sometimes remember His father Nanda and His mother Yasoda and the other friends with whom He so intimately behaved while in Vrndavana"
- Gopis inquired from Balarama, "Does Krsna have any plans to come here to see His mother, Yasoda, and does He remember us gopis, who are now pitiably bereft of His company"
- He (a devotee) should also make friendship with persons who are on an equal level with himself or who have the same understanding that he does. For a devotee, there is no point in making friendships with ordinary persons
- He (the servant of the servant of Krsna) is most insignificant, and whatever good he does is by the grace of Krsna and the spiritual master
- He does this for everyone - from the heavenly King Indra down to the smallest insect (indra-gopa). That very Personality of Godhead destroys the karmic reactions of one engaged in devotional service
- He Himself helps in the pastimes of Lord Krsna, and He does the work of creation in four other forms
- He is put into the hell called Sucimukha, where the officials of Yamaraja punish him by stitching thread through his entire body like weavers manufacturing cloth because of the sinful things he does to earn money, augment his wealth and protect it
- He said, "Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Narayana Himself. When He explains the Vedanta-sutra, He does so very nicely"
- He should give the citizens good advice and instructions according to the standard scriptures and should be equal to everyone. Yamaraja does this, for he is the supreme master of justice, and so do those who follow in his footsteps
- Here the devotee is desiring to become a servant of the Lord and desires to fan the Lord, as does His internal energy, Laksmi, the goddess of fortune
- Honest businessman, he works, he works according to the law. He does not play any blackmailing, and he pays the proper income tax to the government and the other taxes. He does nicely. This is called work, karma
- If a man born in a higher class does so (forcing one's wife to drink one's own semen), after death he is put into the hell known as Lalabhaksa. There he is immersed in the river known as Sukra-nadi and forced to drink semen
- If a person possessing millions of wish-fulfilling cows loses one she-goat, he does not consider the loss. Krsna owns all six opulences in full. If the entire material energy is destroyed, what does He lose
- If a person, president, cheats his countrymen somehow or other, and why not others? They will also do that. "Oh, president does it. What I am? What can I know?" In this way, the more we are inclined to sense gratification, we become sinful
- If a sincere devotee somehow does fall down, the Lord corrects him and saves him from gliding down to the darkest region of hellish life
- If by chance, by inattentiveness, one does something wrong, he should not be considered as enemy. He's careless. He should be chastised, but not... Even if he's enemy, he's not subjected to being killed
- If he had no desire to go to London he would have plainly told me like that. It has certainly given me a great shock. He is one of my very faithful disciples and if he does like that how can I prosecute my programmes
- If one does not accept Krsna as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, then he should be rejected immediately. It is not sectarian. It is test tube
- If one does so and becomes successful in the discharge of his devotional service unto the Lord, it is well and good
- If one enviously kills others for the protection of such a body, does he actually know the true interest of life? Certainly he does not, for if one is envious of other entities, he surely goes to hell
- If one fully engages in temporary fruitive activities, not understanding how this is taking place, what does he actually gain?
- If one goes to Mathura-mandala-bhumi for sense gratification or to make a livelihood, he commits an offense and is condemned. Whoever does so must be penalized in the next life by becoming a hog or a monkey in Vrndavana-dhama
- If one unconsciously, without any knowledge, does something wrong, that is excused. But they do willfully. They know it is wrong, still they do it
- In the Bhagavad-gita it is said that one who does this service - namely going on to preach the glories of the Lord and creating all devotees of the Lord - that person is the most confidential and favorite of the Lord
- In this Age of Kali, the holy name of the Lord, the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, is the incarnation of Lord Krsna. Simply by chanting the holy name, one associates with the Lord directly. Anyone who does this is certainly delivered
- In this Age of Kali, the process of worshiping Krsna is to perform sacrifice by chanting the holy name of the Lord. One who does so is certainly very intelligent, and he attains shelter at the lotus feet of Krsna
- Instead of hankering for more and more money, a sincere devotee of the Lord tries to invent some ways to earn his livelihood, and when he does so Krsna helps him
- It does, however, indicate that in a broader sense there is one interest, just as in a family the interest of all members is one, or in a nation the national interest is one, although there are many different individual citizens
- Just like a father has got four boys. Not that everyone is of the same intelligence. But does the father give less protection to the less intelligent son? No. The protection, the family protection, is equal for everyone
- Just like during the lifetime of our Guru Maharaja, all our Godbrothers now who are acting as acarya, they did not do so
- Just like this cow. Just see. What does it know? He's an animal. You see? But the calf knows to brush his head and tongue like this, in love. It is doing and Krsna accepting, "Yes." That is expert
- Karabhajana Muni addresses King Nimi and says, "As such, if by chance or mistake he does something which is forbidden, there is no need for him to perform any purificatory ceremonies"
- Karma-yogi means one who does everything for Krsna. He's karma-yogi
- Knowledge that one is one in quality yet different in quantity is correct transcendental knowledge leading one to become full in himself, having nothing to aspire to or lament over. There is no duality in his mind because he does everything for Krsna
- Krsna consciousness means constantly associating with the Supreme Personality of Godhead in such a mental state that the devotee can observe the cosmic manifestation exactly as the Supreme Personality of Godhead does
- Krsna is both; He can deliver all sinful conditioned souls, and at the same time, He never does anything by which He can be contaminated
- Krsna said, "My dear Uddhava, only by exceptional fortune does someone become attracted to Me. Even if one is not completely detached from fruitive activities, or is not completely attached to devotional service, such service is quickly effective"
- Krsna went on speaking, "One who does this actually knows his self-interest, because rendering transcendental loving service unto Me, without motive or restriction, is actually auspicious for the living entities"
- Krsna will never tolerate if a person is Vaisnava aparadha. Mind that. Just like a big man. You can offend him, he doesn't mind. But if he does something harmful to his child, so he becomes very angry
- Lord Krsna is described herein as Visnu, and this is also significant. Lord Krsna, the original Personality of Godhead, does the work of protection and annihilation in His capacity of Visnu. Lord Visnu is the plenary expansion of Lord Krsna
- Lord Krsna said: "I am situated in the material world, and the world rests in Me. But at the same time I am not situated in the material world, nor does it rest in Me in truth"
- Matter is not beginningless; it has a beginning. As this material body has a beginning, the universal body does also
- Medical science accepts the importance of the red corpuscles, but it cannot ascertain that the source of the energy is the soul. Medical science, however, does admit that the heart is the seat of all energies of the body
- My Guru Maharaja gave me a task and always I was discouraged by my god-brothers, but I did not forget him even for a moment, and I was determined to follow my duty, even though sometimes I did not like to do it
- My movement is so perfect that I can do well even to the cats and dogs, by offering prasadam, by giving him chance to hear Hare Krsna maha-mantra
- Nanda continued, "Please let us know whether Krsna now remembers His father and mother and His friends and companions in Vrndavana. Does He like to remember His cows, His gopis, His Govardhana Hill, His pasturing grounds in Vrndavana"
- No one knows when material life began, but it is a fact that it does have a point of beginning because originally every living entity is a spiritual spark
- No one should try to live on flesh in ordinary times simply for the sake of the palate. If anyone does so, the king or the executive head should punish him for gross enjoyment
- Nor does the Supreme Lord assume anyone's sinful or pious activities. Embodied beings, however, are bewildered because of the ignorance which covers their real knowledge
- Nor does the Supreme Spirit assume anyone's sinful or pious activities. Embodied beings, however, are bewildered because of the ignorance which covers their real knowledge. BG 5.15 - 1972
- Not only does a living entity enjoy or suffer in this world according to the dictation from the Supreme Lord situated locally in the heart, but he receives the opportunity to understand the Vedas from Him
- Not only does a pure devotee purify his own personal existence, but whoever becomes his disciple also becomes purified and is ultimately able to enter the kingdom of God without difficulty
- Not only does the Supreme Personality of Godhead enjoy the company of His devotees, but because He is unlimited He wants to increase His devotees unlimitedly
- Nowhere does Srimad-Bhagavatam say that the Bhagavatam should be heard for one week from professionals
- Nowhere in revealed scripture does Lord Siva claim to be equal to Lord Visnu. This is simply the creation of the so-called devotees of Lord Siva, who claim that Lord Siva and Lord Visnu are one
- O best of the Bharatas, I shall now explain to you the different times at which, passing away from this world, one does or does not come back. BG 8.23 - 1972
- O gentle one (Uddhava), does Samba fare well?
- O great soul (Vidura)! Does He (Krsna) ever talk about us (Radharani and the gopis), His maidservants? When will He lay on our heads His aguru-scented hand?
- O King, what relationship does the dead body for which you lament have with you, and what relationship do you have with him?
- O learned brahmana, the transcendental spirit soul is different from the material body. Does he acquire the body accidentally or by some cause? Will you kindly explain this, for it is known to you
- O Lord of lords, how is it that this dangerous effulgence is spreading all around? Where does it come from? I (Arjuna) do not understand it
- O son of Bharata, as the sun alone illuminates all this universe, so does the living entity, one within the body, illuminate the entire body by consciousness. BG 13.34 - 1972
- O Uddhava! It is indeed regrettable that Krsna resides in Mathura. Does He remember His father's household affairs and His friends, the cowherd boys?
- O Uddhava, does Yuyudhana fare well? He learned the intricacies of the military art from Arjuna and attained the transcendental destination which is very difficult to reach even for great renouncers
- O unlimited Supreme Personality of Godhead, whatever a living entity does in this material world is well known to You because You are the Supersoul
- One should give personal service and all kinds of comforts to the spiritual master. A devotee who does so is also a bona fide candidate for taking this (Kapiladeva's) instruction
- One should never classify the visnu-tattvas, or the plenary portions of Narayana, the Personality of Godhead, in the same categories with the parts and parcels. If anyone does so he becomes at once an offender
- One who can see that all activities are performed by the body, which is created of material nature, and sees that the self does nothing, actually sees. BG 13.30 - 1972
- One who does not accept Krsna as the Supreme Personality of Godhead is certainly a demon. Similarly, anyone who does not accept Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu as Krsna, the same Supreme Lord, is also to be considered a demon
- One who is in the brahma-bhuta condition is joyful; he never laments, nor does he desire anything. That is due to confidential knowledge
- One who possesses more money than he needs should spend it for Krsna. Unless one does so, he will become puffed up because of his false possessions, and therefore he will be punished in the next life, as described herein
- Only because of different causes does a person see a difference between himself and others, just as one sees the reflection of a body appearing differently manifested on water, on oil or in a mirror
- Only by dint of Your inconceivable potency does this material world, although a shadow representation of the spiritual world, appear to be factual. No one can understand what You plan to do in the future
- Only by good luck does such a miserly man (Dhrtarastra) meet a self-realized soul like Vidura and by his instruction gets rid of the nescience of material existence
- Only by surrendering unto the Lord completely and developing one's sense of spiritual service does one reach the highest perfectional stage
- Only due to gross lack of knowledge does one worship the Lord for material profit or for sense gratification. The Lord is like a desire tree. Anyone can have whatever he desires from the Lord
- Only due to ignorance does a person think, "I am a demigod," "I am a human being," "I am a dog," "I am a cat," or, when the ignorance is still further advanced, "I am God"
- Only in ignorance does a living entity think that he is lost. If by attainment of knowledge he comes to the real position of his eternal existence, he knows that he is not lost
- Only in such a purified stage does the Lord, who is seated in everyone's heart with the individual soul, give instruction so that the devotee can reach the ultimate destination of going back home, back to Godhead
- Only out of His immense compassion does the Personality of Godhead reveal Himself as the spiritual master. Therefore in the dealings of an acarya there are no activities but those of transcendental loving service to the Lord
- Only out of pure love does the subordinate lover of the Supreme Personality of Godhead chide Him. The Lord, enjoying this chiding, takes it very nicely. The exhibition of natural love makes such activities very enjoyable
- Only through ignorance does a person violate the laws of nature, and when he comes to knowledge he does not commit any more sinful acts
- Only to those who are always engaged in devotional service out of transcendental love does He (the Lord) award the pure knowledge of devotion in love. In that way the devotee can reach Him easily in the ever-blissful kingdom of God
- Only when a conditioned soul accepts the body as himself does he feel the effects of chastisement or praise. Then he determines one person to be his enemy and another his friend and wants to chastise the enemy and welcome the friend
- Only when a person performs pious activities and associates with saintly persons does spiritual knowledge dawn on his consciousness
- Only with them does the Lord advent to propound the sankirtana movement, only with them does the Lord taste the mellow of conjugal love, and only with them does He distribute this love of God to people in general
- Otherwise, how could He (Krsna) remember that He first taught the yoga system of the Bhagavad-gita to the sun-god, Vivasvan? Therefore, He never dies. Nor does He ever become an old man
- Out of fear of the Supreme Personality of Godhead the rivers flow, and the ocean never overflows. Out of fear of Him only does fire burn and does the earth, with its mountains, not sink in the water of the universe
- Radha said, "Of what use are the eyes of one who does not see Krsna's face, which resembles the moon, is the birthplace of all beauty & the reservoir of the nectarean songs of His flute? Oh, let a thunderbolt strike his head! Why does he keep such eyes"
- Real desirelessness is desire for the satisfaction of Krsna, not an artificial attempt to abolish desires. The living entity cannot be desireless or senseless, but he does have to change the quality of the desires
- Regarding Bali Mardan, he has not resigned and until he or some other member does so there shall not be any change in the members of the GBC
- Sambhavitasya, one who is very reputed, famous man, if he does something wrong, then it was better to die before such infamy is grown. This is advised. Arjuna is famous as a great fighter
- She (Kunti) asked, "Does Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is very affectionate to His devotees, remember my sons (The Pandavas)? Does Balarama remember us"
- Since there is no fault at all in Krsna's pastimes, why does the goddess of fortune become angry
- So if you want to come back here and take care of Them I have no objection. But you are taking care of the Calcutta Deities, so what is the difficulty there? Does the 'democratic management' not allow you to go to the Deity room?
- Some of our students, they think that "Why should I work in this mission? Oh, let me go away." He goes away, but what does he do? He becomes a motor driver, that's all. Instead of getting honor as brahmacari, sannyasi, he has to work as ordinary worker
- Somehow or other, if one is attracted to Krsna, whatever he does in devotional service is a permanent asset. Even if one falls down due to immaturity or bad association, his devotional assets are never lost
- Sometimes Krsna began to play by dressing Himself like a woman. Seeing this form, Uddhava said, "How wonderful it is that this woman is attracting my ecstatic love exactly as Lord Krsna does. I think she must be Krsna covered by the dress of a woman"
- Sometimes Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu chanted very loudly while passing through the jungle. Hearing His sweet voice, all the does came near Him
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "It is not proper for a sannyasi to eat such a variety of foods. If he does, how can he control his senses"
- Sri Devahuti inquired: My dear brahmana, does material nature ever give release to the spirit soul? Since one is attracted to the other eternally, how is their separation possible?
- Srila Rsabhadeva instructed his sons that unless a human being comes to the point of understanding the atma, or spiritual position, whatever he does is ignorance, and this brings only defeat in his life
- Taking the part of Srimati Radharani, Caitanya Mahaprabhu tried to love Krsna as Radharani loved Him. Krsna was always amazed by Radharani's love. "How does Radharani give Me such pleasure?" He would ask
- Tattva-vit means one who knows the truth, that "I cannot do anything without Krsna's sanction." Therefore he does not do anything. Whatever is sanctioned by Krsna he does; otherwise not
- That is the way of the activities of the Supreme Personality of Godhead: He does one thing in such a way that many other purposes are served
- The actual creator, the original creator, is the Personality of Godhead. Only in the interim does someone create something with intelligence supplied by the Lord, and later the creation again becomes a problem
- The Blessed Lord said: Son of Prtha, a transcendentalist engaged in auspicious activities does not meet with destruction either in this world or in the spiritual world; one who does good, My friend, is never overcome by evil. BG 6.40 - 1972
- The body fully engaged in Krsna's service should not be neglected as material. One who does neglect it is false in his renunciation
- The devotee does not feel hackneyed or stereotyped, nor does he feel that he is in a stagnant position
- The example may be given that when a person is angry he does things which are different from his normal condition of life, but the fact that the mood of anger appears and disappears does not mean that the energy of anger is false
- The first thing the expert spiritual master does when he engages his disciple in regulated devotional service is to instruct him to abstain from these four principles of sinful life
- The foolish impersonalists still maintain that the Lord is formless and that these forms are impositions. From the study of the Gita does it appear that the demigods and their abodes are impersonal?
- The gopis continued, "Krsna has sent you (Uddhava) to His father and mother; otherwise He has no further business in Vrndavana. He is now in town. What does He have to know about Vrndavana village or the cows' pasturing grounds"
- The government may create a prisonhouse, but why do you go there? Does the government invite you there? No, you become a criminal and go there
- The learned are always advised to read this narration. If one does so, one will become expert in the activities of the senses, his opulence will increase, and his reputation will become widespread
- The Lord enjoys His pastimes day and night in various flower gardens there. But why does He not take Laksmidevi, the goddess of fortune, with Him
- The Lord in human society does what is the duty of everyone, but sometimes He does something extraordinary and not to be imitated by the living being
- The Lord is always seeking an opportunity to render some service to the devotee. He takes greater pleasure in His pure devotee's assuming the advantageous position of ordering Him than He does in being the giver of orders
- The Lord's dreaming conditions are also factual manifestations. He can therefore bring everything under His transcendental control, and thus whenever and wherever He does appear, He does so in His fullness
- The many saintly persons in the jungles do not treat the tigers in a friendly way, but they supply prasada foodstuffs to them. The tigers come, take the food and go away, just as a dog does
- The other gopi continued, "Does He (Krsna) propose to come back to Vrndavana to extinguish that fire, just as a cloud appears in the sky to extinguish a forest fire by its downpour"
- The other gopi continued, "We (gopis) exchanged pleasing conversation then. Does He (Krsna) remember that particular night? We remember that night, and we feel separation. Separation from Krsna makes us agitated, as if there were fire in our bodies"
- The Prime Minister cannot be many. It is a common sense. How everyone can be God? This is nonsense. Anyone thinks that there are many gods, he does not know what is God
- The pure soul is pure consciousness and is never out of consciousness, either due to circumstances, time, situations, dreams or other causes. How then does he become engaged in nescience?
- The question, does Lord Rama or Lord Caitanya forget, is like saying, does God come under Maya, or forgetfulness. You must fully understand this before you can successfully debate with the Mayavad arguments
- The results of whatever a living entity does in this life are enjoyed in the next life
- The same queen said, "But would you kindly explain why He is so unkind to me? Formerly He said that I alone am His dearmost wife. Does He remember this assurance? Anyway, you are welcome. Please sit down"
- The same queen said, "You are asking me to go to Him (Krsna), but I am not going. What is that? You talk of His coming to me? Does He desire to come here to fulfill my long expectation for Him? All right. You may bring Him here"
- The self does nothing
- The spirit is never annihilated, nor can anyone annihilate him, even after the annihilation of the material body. He therefore has no birth and no death. Nor does he grow or diminish by repeated material births and deaths
- The television image is manifested in millions of expansions, but those expansions cannot act differently; they are simply reflections of the original and can only act exactly as the original does
- The total material energy is agitated by the glance of Maha-Visnu, and only then does the interaction of the three material qualities begin
- The Vedic assertion is that one should think he is Brahman, for actually he is Brahman. If brahma, or the Vedic spiritual science, is condemned, and the brahmanas, are condemned, then where does human civilization stand
- There are many mystics and yogis all over the world, but Krsna is the master of all yoga systems. Krsna's instruction is explicitly stated in Bhagavad-gita - surrender unto Krsna. One who does so is the topmost yogi
- There are tall trees with straight branches that appear to call the sweet birds, and when herds of elephants pass through the hills, it appears that the Kailasa Hill moves with them. When the waterfalls resound, it appears that Kailasa Hill does also
- There is a very common Bengali proverb that says that whatever one does for perfection will be tested at the time of his death. Bhagavad-gita describes what we should do at the point of our death, when we are giving up this present body
- There is no question of a devotee becoming a sudra if he does certain work
- There is no question of a devotee becoming a sudra if he does certain work. No, a devotee is never a sudra. He is transcendental. Because their activity is done in transcendental loving service unto the Lord, it is all on the transcendental plane
- Therefore none of you should be aggrieved for the loss of the body - whether your own or those of others. Only in ignorance does one make bodily distinctions, thinking "Who am I? Who are the others? What is mine? What is for others?"
- Therefore, O Vidura, does it not pain us, His servitors, when we remember that He (Krsna) used to stand before Ugrasena, who was sitting on the royal throne, and used to submit explanations before him, saying, "O My lord, please let it be known to you"?
- This eternal truth, the indestructible spirit, does exist as the living entity in each and every body. He is very minute and is finer than the finest atom
- This is known as the Brahman position by the advocates of the Absolute Truth. In such a liberated stage (brahma-bhuta), one is never bewildered. Nor does one lament or become unnecessarily jubilant. This is due to the brahma-bhuta situation
- Those engaged in getting the Lord's favor attain liberation from the Lord very easily, but He does not very easily give the opportunity to render direct service unto Him
- Those who are busy rendering service to the parts and parcels, leaving aside the whole, only spoil time and energy, as one does when watering the leaves of a tree without watering the root
- Those who are surrendered souls, they will wait for the instruction of guru and do accordingly
- Those with the vision of eternity can see that the imperishable soul is transcendental, eternal, and beyond the modes of nature. Despite contact with the material body, O Arjuna, the soul neither does anything nor is entangled
- Those with the vision of eternity can see that the soul is transcendental, eternal, and beyond the modes of nature. Despite contact with the material body, O Arjuna, the soul neither does anything nor is entangled. BG 13.32 - 1972
- Whatever a sadhu does, there is no fault
- Whatever service we can do for Krishna, even if somebody is not able to execute fully Krishna Consciousness, whatever amount of service he does it never goes in vain
- When a person performs Vedic rituals and sacrifices, he does so to elevate himself to the heavenly planets. No one can become qualified to go back home, back to Godhead, by means of such sacrifices
- When a seer knows himself to be one of Your own servitors, no longer does he maintain such duality. Thus I am now able to comprehend Your eternal forms, knowing well the Paramatma to be only Your plenary portion
- When all the tigers and does danced and jumped, Balabhadra Bhattacarya saw them and was struck with wonder
- When He descends into the material universe, His consciousness is not materially affected. If He were so affected, He would be unfit to speak on transcendental matters as He does in the Bhagavad-gita
- When Krsna forces somebody to surrender, that is a great favor. But generally, He does not do so. But He does so to a person who is very sincere to Krsna's service but at the same time he has got slight desire for material enjoyment
- When one waters a garden, not only does the desired plant grow more rapidly, but the unwanted plants grow also
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard this news from Govinda, He inquired from Svarupa Damodara, "Why does Raghunatha dasa no longer stand at the Simha-dvara gate to beg alms"
- When the does and bucks came and saw the Lord's face, they began to lick His body. Not being at all afraid of Him, they accompanied Him along the path
- When there is political game, everyone does everything to gain his victory. In politics, these things are allowed
- While I am talking with you, because your dress is white, and because my dress is saffron colored, it does not mean that we are different. Simply on the ground of dress, if we think we are different, then that is ajnana. Nobody does so
- While the body is fit, why should we not chant the holy name of the Lord loudly and distinctly? If one does so, it is quite possible that even at the time of death he will be properly able to chant the holy name of the Lord with love and faith
- Why does a sinful man commit sinful activities although he has full knowledge of the after result by knowing it from authority and by seeing it personally?
- Why does a woman continue to live who knows that Krsna's heart is unhappy but who still shows her deep anger toward Him? She is interested in her own happiness. I condemn such a woman to be struck on the head with a thunderbolt
- Why does Providence continue the life of one who does not wish to live? This thought aroused anger and lamentation in Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who then recited a verse from Srimad-Bhagavatam that chastises Providence and makes an accusation against Krsna
- Why Vedic knowledge is perfect? Because it is spoken by God. God is perfect, and whatever He speaks, that is perfect. Therefore God is called "God is good." All-good. Whatever He does, whatever He speaks, everything is good, perfect
- You may say that you are now related as father and son, but do you think this relationship existed before? Does it truly exist now? Will it continue in the future?
- Your description of Copenhagen is very encouraging, and I am also glad that you are realizing that actual help does come from Krishna. Our duty is to render service unto Him sincerely, and immediately Krishna arranges for all facilities
- Your master is so expert at everything, but why does He do such things? Now bring your master before the goddess of fortune