Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
decide | decided | decidedly | decider | decides | deciding
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Decide"
The following 196 pages are in this category, out of 196 total.
- A board of five, ten men in the village, if there is some fight between two parties, whatever the board will decide that will be accepted in the court. Pancayeta. It is called pancayeta system
- A devotee is called akama, free of desire, and a nondevotee is called sarva-kama, or desirous of everything. On the seventh day, the demon Vrkasura decided that he should cut off his head and offer it to satisfy Lord Siva
- A disciple must first decide that he should worship the Supreme Lord, and then the spiritual master will give the disciple correct directions
- Accompanied by some respectable brahmanas, Balarama decided to visit different places on the bank of the river Sarasvati. He gradually visited such places as Prthudaka, Bindusara, Tritakupa, Sudarsana-tirtha, Visala-tirtha, Brahma-tirtha and Cakra-tirtha
- After accepting the sannyasa order, I decided to go to Vrndavana, but You took Me instead to the house of Advaita Prabhu
- After deliberating on this point, he (Bali Maharaja) decided that Lord Visnu should be pleased in all circumstances, even at the risk of ignoring the guru's advice to the contrary
- After hearing the instructions of Narada Muni, the Haryasvas, the sons of Prajapati Daksa, decided not to be entangled in materialistic life by begetting hundreds of children and having to take care of them. This would have been unnecessarily entangling
- After returning to his residence, Dabira Khasa and his brother decided after much consideration to go see the Lord (Caitanya) incognito
- After seeing the deficiency of realization in Romaharsana Suta, Lord Balarama decided to chastise him for being puffed up
- After the birth ceremony, Nanda Maharaja decided to go to Mathura to pay the annual tax to the government of Kamsa. Before leaving, he called for the able cowherd men of the village and asked them to take care of Vrndavana in his absence
- After the disappearance of Lord Caitanya and Svarupa Damodara, Raghunatha dasa Gosvami keenly felt separation from these two exalted personalities and therefore decided to give up his life by jumping from Govardhana Hill in Vrndavana
- Aghasura, thus deciding to kill all the inhabitants of Vrndavana, expanded himself by the yogic siddhi called mahima. The demons are generally expert in achieving almost all kinds of mystic powers
- Akrura decided to return home and report on the strained circumstances in which he found Kunti and her five sons
- Akrura decided to stay in Hastinapura for a few months to study the whole political situation
- Alas, has Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu made His advent deciding that He will deliver all others with the exception of me? He bestows His merciful glance upon many lower-class men who are usually not even to be seen
- All of the relatives of King Bhismaka decided that Rukmini should be given in marriage to Krsna. But her elder brother Rukmi, despite the desire of the others, arranged for her marriage with Sisupala
- All of them (Dhrtarastra, Bhisma, Vidura and Arjuna), under the counsel of the elder members of the Kuru family, decided to arrest the boy (Samba) but not kill him
- Almost all the sages go to the Himalayas for their personal benefit, but Prahlada Maharaja said that he did not want liberation alone. He decided to wait until he was able to deliver all the fallen souls of the world
- Although Lord Caitanya was overlooking the blanket, Sanatana understood that He did not approve of such a valuable garment on his body, and therefore Sanatana decided to get rid of it
- Another man may see the money and decide to let it remain there, thinking that he should not touch another's property. Although this second man does not steal the money for his own purposes, he is unaware of its proper use
- Arjuna was not at all afraid of the giant military phalanx presented by Duryodhana, but as a merciful devotee of the Lord, renunciation of worldly things was natural for him, and thus he decided not to fight for worldly possessions
- As a great fighting hero, Jarasandha was ashamed, and he decided that he would no longer live as a king but would resign from his position in the royal order and go to the forest to practice meditation under severe austerities and penances
- As soon as My Guru Maharaja saw that His neophyte disciples were increasing in number, He immediately decided to leave this world
- At the critical time of death, one can place the vital force between the two eyebrows and decide where he wants to go
- At the present moment, the leaders of thought and the people in general have decided mistakenly that there is no other world except the one in which we live - that all peace and prosperity are available here
- At the time of death it is decided what kind of body you are going to have next. That is decided by superior authority. You cannot dictate that "Give me this body," or "I don't want this body"
- Bali Maharaja decided that even though he would become poverty-stricken by giving everything to Vamanadeva, this is what he would prefer
- Because Daksa happened to be the father of Sati, she decided not to kill him but to give up her own life in order to compensate for the great sin she had committed by hearing blasphemy of Lord Siva
- Because Lord Siva wanted to see Lord Visnu's form as a woman, Lord Visnu decided to impersonate a woman and show him a form that would immediately put him in an ocean of lusty desires
- Both mother (Queen Suniti) and son (Dhruva Maharaja) decided to take shelter of the lotus feet of the Lord because that is the only solution to all material problems
- Brahma then said, 'Whatever I formerly decided about my knowledge I have just now had personally verified'
- By astronomical calculation, people were informed about this great eclipse prior to its taking place, and therefore everyone, both men and women, decided to assemble at the holy place in Kuruksetra known as Samanta-pancaka
- Daksa was Sati's father, so instead of killing Daksa she decided that it would be better to destroy the part of his body which was hers. Thus she decided to give up the body of Daksa by the yogic process
- Determined to deliver all the fallen souls, Advaita Acarya decided to cause Krsna to descend. With this vow, He began to offer Ganges water and tulasi leaves to worship the Lord
- Draupadi was the most beautiful daughter of King Drupada, and when she was a young girl almost all the princes desired her hand. But Drupada Maharaja decided to hand over his daughter to Arjuna only and therefore contrived a peculiar way
- During the month of Caitra, while living at Jagannatha Puri, the Lord delivered Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, and at the beginning of the next month (Vaisakha), He decided to go to South India
- During the reign of Maharaja Prthu, everything on the surface of this globe was sinless, and therefore the Kumaras decided to see the King. Ordinarily they do not go to any planet which is sinful
- Everyone should be engaged according to the particular mode of nature he has acquired, and he should decide to work only to serve the supreme cause of the Supreme Lord
- Everything is determined; therefore we should not try for improving our economic condition because already it is decided. This sort of... Otherwise why you see so many varieties of standard of life?
- Expert devotees have decided that Krsna was neither a cheater nor a breaker of promises. Krsna, in His original identity, returned with Nanda Maharaja and stayed with the gopis and mother Yasoda in His bhava expansion
- First he (Jarasandha) tried to find Them (Krsna and Balarama), searching for a long time, but when he failed he decided to trap and kill Them by setting fires around the peak. He therefore surrounded the peak with firewood and set it ablaze
- First of all we must decide what we want. Whatever you want, you will have. Krsna is very kind. If you want to remain bound up by the laws of material nature within this material world... Karanam guna-sango 'sya
- First of all you have to decide whether sex life is good or bad. First of all you have to understand this. If you think that sex life is very nice, then how can you give it up? It is not possible
- Foolish people accept unhappiness as happiness; therefore the King of the Yavanas decided to attack such foolish people imperceptibly by old age, disease, and ultimately death
- For the sake of a son for King Anga, they (the head priests) decided to offer oblations to Lord Visnu, who is situated in the hearts of all living entities
- For those who have decided to continue their existence in this material world for the gratification of their senses, there is no chance of becoming Krsna conscious, not by personal endeavor, by instruction from others or by joint conferences.
- Friendly talking cannot decide any serious question. When there is some serious matter, it must be spoken between authorities
- From today on I shall not wear this deerskin. As soon as Brahmananda Bharati decided this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, understanding his mind, immediately sent for the robes of a sannyasi
- From within, Krsna gave him good intelligence, and Satrajit decided to hand over to Krsna both the jewel and his beautiful daughter, Satyabhama
- He (Arjuna) was not at all afraid of the giant military phalanx presented by Duryodhana, but as a merciful devotee of the Lord, renunciation of worldly things was natural for him, and thus he decided not to fight for worldly possessions
- He (Jarasandha) decided that he would fulfill their (Krsna's, Arjuna's and Bhima's) desires in spite of their being ksatriyas, because they had already diminished their position by appearing before him as beggars
- He (Krsna) was simply walking on foot. Kalayavana had come to fight with Krsna, and yet he had sufficient principles not to take up any kind of weapon. He decided to fight with Him hand to hand. Thus he prepared to capture Krsna and fight
- He (Maharaja Pariksit) decided to prepare himself for his imminent death and find out the way to go back to Godhead
- He (Mucukunda) decided to remain in that Gandhamadana Mountain region to execute austerities and penances for the rest of his life
- He (Rukmi) decided in anger not to return to his capital city, and he constructed a small cottage in the village known as Bhojakata, where he resided for the rest of his life
- He (the conditioned soul) falls into scarcity, and at that time, when he is unable to secure the necessities by fair means, he decides to seize the property of others unfairly
- He (the yogi) can then (after concentrating the vital force between the eyebrows) decide whether he wants to go to the abode of Krsna in the transcendental Vaikunthas, or to travel to higher planets in the material universe
- He (Vrkasura) immediately decided to place his hand on the head of Lord Siva. Thus Lord Siva was put into an awkward position because he was endangered by his own benediction to a demon
- Hearing the description of Raghunatha dasa's behavior in the renounced order, his father and mother were very unhappy. Therefore they decided to send Raghunatha some men with goods for his comfort
- I am not keeping always very well. At the present moment I have some trouble with my teeth. By the end of the month, I shall go to Bombay where I shall decide to go either to Calcutta or Vrindaban
- I have studied the Muslim scripture very extensively, but from it I cannot conclusively decide what the ultimate goal of life is or how I can approach it
- I have therefore decided to send more men from America to India to preach this cult all over the country. We require about 100 men minimum, out of whom there are about 40 men in Calcutta and Bombay and other places
- I request you to come here to Mayapur. Live with us for some time, see the situation and conduct of your living with us, and then we shall decide what to do next
- I understand that due to financial needs you are doing Sankirtana party in order to raise funds. Regarding the solution to your getting the necessary funds as well as your request for men to lead the Sankirtana, this must be decided by the GBC
- If at any stage of life the grossly foolish miscreants described in the Gita decide to render devotional service to Lord Krsna, they can escape the ferris wheel of karma
- If one decides to sacrifice for the supreme cause, even if he does not know that the supreme cause is Krsna, he will come gradually to understand that Krsna is the supreme cause by the sacrificial method
- If the Gaudiya Mission decides to send their representatives in all other parts of the world, I can help them in this matter. Similarly, I would also expect cooperation from all our Godbrothers in the matters where I require their help
- If you have got some influence, strength, then in your favor everything will be decided. You are the most irreligious person, but if you can bribe the priestly order, he will certify, "Yes, you are religious." So money, not actual qualification
- In executing penance, one must be determined to return home, back to Godhead, and must decide to undergo all types of tribulations for that end
- In Padyavali a devotee says, "Persons who are attached to speculative knowledge for self realization, who have decided that the supreme truth is beyond meditation and who have thus become situated in the modes of goodness"
- In the field of activities the living entity is considered to be the enjoyer, and different from him is the ananda-maya. That means that if the living entity decides to enjoy in dovetailing himself with the ananda-maya, then he becomes perfect
- In the human form the soul can decide whether to go back to home, back to Godhead or return to birth and death, accepting material bodies according to his karma
- In this way Raghunatha dasa passed one year exactly like a first-class business manager, but the next year he again decided to leave home
- It had been decided that Ramananda Raya would resign from his post as governor and return to Jagannatha Puri to live with Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- It is said by Lord Ramacandra, "I always give confidence and security to anyone who surrenders unto Me and decides definitely that He is My eternal servant, for that is My natural inclination"
- It is the custom - according to ksatriya fighting principles - that an unarmed and unwilling foe should not be attacked. Arjuna, however, decided that even if attacked by the enemy in such an awkward position, he would not fight
- It is up to you to decide whether you are going to get a body which will be able to dance with Krsna, to talk with Krsna, to play with Krsna. You can get it. And if you want a body how to eat stool, urine, you will get it
- Jagannatha Acarya, the fiftieth branch of the Caitanya tree, was an extremely dear servant of the Lord, by whose order he decided to live on the bank of the Ganges
- Jagannatha Misra, the fifth son of Upendra Misra, decided to reside on the bank of the Ganges at Nadia
- Janamejaya invaded Taksasila (Ajanta), and he decided to avenge the unlawful curse upon his great father, Maharaja Pariksit
- Junior Haridasa had conclusively decided to attain shelter at the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Thus he entered deep into the water at Triveni, the confluence of the Ganges and Yamuna at Prayaga, and in this way gave up his life
- Kamsa finally decided not to kill Devaki right away but to wait for the inevitable future. But his mind became absorbed in animosity against the Personality of Godhead
- Kamsa, who was from the very beginning the greatest rascal, decided to persecute the brahmanas and Vaisnavas, being entrapped by the shackles of all-devouring, eternal time
- King Bhismaka of Vidarbha wanted to offer Krsna his daughter, Rukmini, but Rukmi, the eldest of his five sons, objected. Therefore Bhismaka withdrew his decision and decided to offer Rukmini to the King of Cedi, Sisupala, who was a cousin of Krsna's
- King Priyavrata disliked this situation and therefore decided to make daylight in the part of the universe where there was night. He followed the orbit of the sun-god on a brilliant chariot and thus fulfilled his desire
- Krsna continued, "At that time you (Rukmini) concluded that your beautiful body was not fit to be touched by anyone else; therefore, thinking that I was not coming, you decided to commit suicide and immediately end that body"
- Kunti & Madri, decided that Kunti should live for the maintenance of the Pandavas, & Madri should accept the sati rituals by meeting voluntary death along with her husband. This agreement was endorsed by great sages like Satasrnga
- Last time when I was in Vrindaban I saw both the lands and we decided that we shall take both of them
- Logicians say, "Unless one gains understanding through logic and argument, how can one decide upon a worshipable Deity?"
- Lord Balarama, being able to understand the destiny awaiting them (Bhimasena and Duryodhana), was not eager to go further in the matter. Therefore, instead of staying, He decided to return to the city of Dvaraka
- Lord Caitanya met the two brothers Dabira Khasa and Sakara Mallika in a village known as Ramakeli in the district of Maldah, and after that meeting the brothers decided to retire from government service and join Lord Caitanya
- Lord Caitanya, has appeared in Kali-yuga to shower His kindness upon the afflicted souls. The extent of the Supreme Lord's mercy is decidedly more generous in this age than in any other
- Lord Jagannatha has left His wife, the goddess of fortune, and gone to Vrndavana, which is the Gundica temple. Due to separation from the Lord, the goddess of fortune decides to come to see the Lord at Gundica
- Lord Krsna, with His own club, broke the club of Mura to pieces before it could reach Him. The demon, bereft of his weapon, decided to attack Krsna with his strong arms
- Maharaj Bali once told his priest, Sukracarya, "As far as this brahmana dwarf (the incarnation Vamanadeva) is concerned, if He is Lord Visnu, a simple brahmana, or even my enemy, I have decided to give to Him in charity all the land He has asked for"
- Maharaja Drupada, although defeated by Arjuna on behalf of his professor Dronacarya, decided to hand over his daughter Draupadi to his young combatant
- Maharaja Pariksit decided to meditate upon the lotus feet of Lord Sri Krsna, who is Mukunda, or the giver of liberations of all description
- Maharaja Prataparudra took the Bhattacarya's advice and firmly decided to follow his instructions. Thus he felt transcendental happiness
- Man is rational. Man is animal, but rational animal. The special gift to man is that he can decide what is good, what is bad. He has got an extra knowledge than the animals
- Materially, it appears very nice that Arjuna is giving up his claim of kingdom for satisfying his relatives. Oh, he's very good man. But Krsna did not approve it. Why? Because the basic principle was Arjuna decided to satisfy his own senses
- Maya is also Krsna's energy, so it is her duty to punish the conditioned soul because they have decided to forget Krsna. Still, Krsna is so merciful, He comes personally, He authorizes His devotee, servant, to enlighten these conditioned souls
- On the map of Vrndavana it is still called Chattikara Road. Also still on the letterhead. If the municipality has decided to rename the road in my name, why it is not yet changed?
- One gopi said, "We are losing our senses in deciding whether we shall continue as chaste women or be victimized by the beauty of Krsna. My dear friend, I think that we have lost all hope of life!"
- One morning Saranga Thakura decided, "Whomever I see I shall make my disciple"
- One need only be firmly convinced by the spiritual master that Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead. If one decides this, he can make further progress by thinking of Krsna, chanting of Krsna and glorifying Him
- One person should go to Bengal and inform them about the auspicious news of Your return to Jagannatha Puri. Upon hearing this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "Do whatever you decide"
- One who has taken birth in the land of Bharata-varsa has a full opportunity to study the direct instructions given by Krsna in Bhagavad-gita and thus finally decide what to do in his human form of life
- Our father is Krsna. We can live in the spiritual world very comfortably without any botheration, without endeavor for earning money, but we have decided that we shall live here in this material world. This is called ass
- Out of love for her, Arjuna’s eyes brightened, and he looked at her with glittering eyes. Arjuna decided that somehow or other he would achieve Subhadra as his wife, and his mind became agitated on account of this strong desire
- Regarding GBC for this Australia zone, that I shall decide in due course, after I have thoroughly seen how things are going
- Regarding press matters, whatever you GBC men decide amongst yourselves I have no objection, but economically the press operation must be sound
- Regarding your new engagement, you can consult with Gurukrpa Maharaja and decide which engagement will be best for you
- Rukmini continued, "Actually, I followed all these great souls. I followed the path of these great beggars and decided to surrender my life unto Your (Krsna's) lotus feet"
- Rukmini continued, 'I know that You (Krsna) are the husband of the goddess of fortune and are very kind toward Your devotees; therefore I have decided to become Your eternal maidservant. My dear Lord, I dedicate my life and soul unto Your lotus feet'
- Sanatana Gosvami decided to go to Vrndavana by the very forest path Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had traversed
- Sankhacuda also thought that since he belonged to the rich community of Kuvera, he, not Krsna and Balarama, should enjoy the company of so many beautiful girls. He therefore decided to take charge of them
- Satadhanva was a sinful man of abominable character, and although due to his sinful activities he was not to live for many days, he decided to kill Satrajit while Satrajit was sleeping at home
- Satidevi decided to quit the body she had obtained from Daksa's body, and she wanted to transfer herself to another body so that she might have completely uncontaminated association with Lord Siva
- Satyabhama was so beautiful and qualified that Satrajit, in spite of being asked for her hand by many princes, was waiting to find a suitable son-in-law. By the grace of Krsna he decided to hand his daughter over to Him
- She (Candrakanti) always engaged herself in meditating on the transcendental form of the Lord & always chanted the glories of the Lord. She did not desire to accept anyone else as her husband. She had firmly decided that only Krsna would be her husband
- Since it was almost night and all the inhabitants of Vrndavana, including the cows and calves, were very tired, they decided to take their rest on the riverbank
- So karisye vacanam tava: "Now I shall act as You desire." This is perfection of life. Whenever we decide that "Now we shall act as Krsna says," then our life is perfect. Vasudeva-uktah karinah
- So the sparrow decided to dry up the ocean. She began to pick out the water in her small beak, and everyone laughed at her for her impossible determination
- Some steps should be taken immediately. After some deliberation, she (Rukmini) decided to send a message to Krsna, and so that she might not be deceived, she selected a qualified brahmana as her messenger
- Somebody must decide, judge, and that is sastra
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu decided to go to Vrndavana, and Maharaja Prataparudra became very morose upon hearing this news
- The attendants who came with Sati were meant to protect her from calamities, but since they were unable to protect their master's wife, they decided to die for her, and before dying they wanted to kill Daksa
- The Ayurvedic system of eating is to decide how much you can comfortably eat, then take half of that amount, filling the remaining half one quarter with water and leaving one quarter for air
- The battle was to decide who would rule the world, and Sanjaya predicted that the power would be transferred to Yudhisthira
- The bhakti line is so nice that if you take to bhakti line, automatically you'll be designationless. Now you have to decide whether you want to keep designation or become free from designation
- The demon (Vrkasura), however, being very sinful, immediately decided that he would use the benediction to kill Lord Siva and take away Gauri (Parvati) for his personal enjoyment
- The devotee said, "Observing all Your transcendental qualities, I have also become attracted and have decided to dedicate my life to Your loving service"
- The gopis said, "It is, however, definitely decided that as Lord Visnu is always protecting the demigods from the onslaught of demons, so You (Krsna) have also advented in Vrndavana just to give the residents protection from all kinds of distress"
- The government failed to change the hearts of the citizens from indulging in sinful life, so instead of losing the taxes they collect to inflate the treasury, they have decided to manufacture liquor to supply to the citizens who hanker after it
- The King of the Yavanas decided to make the best use of a bad bargain. Kalakanya was a bad bargain, and no one liked her, but everything can be used for the service of the Lord. Thus the King of the Yavanas tried to utilize her for some purpose
- The living entity changes his body as soon as the higher authorities decide on his next body. As long as a living entity is conditioned within this material world, he must take material bodies one after another
- The Lord decided to accept the renounced order of life (sannyasa) because people in general were inclined to offer respects to a sannyasi
- The Lord said, "Since you are all very learned personalities, whatever you decide I shall accept"
- The older brahmana replied, "My dear boy, do not doubt me. I will give you my daughter in charity. I have already decided this"
- The plan decided upon by the sages was for Bhrgu to test which one of the predominating deities possesses the quality of goodness in full
- The process of quitting this body and getting another body in the material world is also organized. A man dies after it has been decided what form of body he will have in the next life
- The sages decided that the descendants of the family of the saintly King Anga should not be stopped, for in this family the semen was very powerful and the children were prone to become devotees of the Lord
- The sannyasi has no such thing as teaching credentials or "academic vitae." So they can simply decide on the basis of my books and teachings. But I am not an ordinary teacher
- The simple definition of God is that one who is in full six opulences, He's God. That has been analyzed by great saintly persons, including Lord Brahma, and it has been decided that the all the six opulences can be found in Krsna
- The statement of Vrnda shows that the gopis were so enchanted by the beauty of Krsna that because they could not express their minds, they decided to commit suicide
- The younger brahmana replied, "If you have decided to give your young daughter to me, then say so before the Gopala Deity"
- Therefore (King Nrga, bewildered, decided first to suffer the results of his impious activities and then to accept the results of his pious activities) Yamaraja immediately turned him into a lizard
- They (Dhrtarastra, Bhisma, Vidura and Arjuna) decided that he (Samba) must be punished. They unanimously declared that he was most impudent and had degraded the Kurus' family tradition
- They (Four Kumaras) said that they had already decided not to become entangled with family life; they would rather live as saintly brahmacaris for their own perfection
- They (Sandipani Muni and his wife) decided to ask for the return of their son, who had drowned in the ocean near the shore at Prabhasa-ksetra
- They (the gopis) remained standing still, as if they were painted pictures. All the gopis decided that Krsna was not returning immediately, and with greatly disappointed hearts they returned to their respective homes
- They submitted their request, and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, seeing His devotees' unhappiness, decided to turn the minds of the Mayavadi sannyasis
- Thinking this, the Pathana soldiers arrested the four persons and decided to kill them. Because of this, the two Bengalis began to tremble
- This is an opportunity, this human form of life, to decide where you want to go. Are you going to hell or heaven or back to home, or back to Godhead? That you have to decide
- This is the whole history of Mahabharata, intriguing, politics, and ultimately there was fight between the two parties, Kurus and the Pandavas, to decide. By logic, by morality and other things, everything failed. Then there was declaration of war
- Thus being advised by his demoniac ministers, Kamsa, who was from the very beginning the greatest rascal, decided to persecute the brahmanas and Vaisnavas, being entrapped by the shackles of all-devouring, eternal time
- Thus Pandita Gosani fell into a dilemma. He was in such doubt that he could not decide alone what to do
- Two co-wives, namely Kunti and Madri, decided that Kunti should live for the maintenance of the five minor children, the Pandavas, and Madri should accept the sati rituals by meeting voluntary death along with her husband
- Uddhava continued, "It is a great boon for you that you have fixed your minds upon Krsna and have decided to have Krsna only, giving up your families, homes, relatives, husbands and children for the sake of the Supreme Personality"
- Upon hearing of Lord Krsna's returning to His abode, and upon understanding the end of the Yadu dynasty's earthly manifestation, Maharaja Yudhisthira decided to go back home, back to Godhead
- Vallabha Bhatta then decided not to keep Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu at Adaila because the Lord had jumped into the river Yamuna in ecstatic love. Therefore he decided to bring Him to Prayaga
- Visvamitra was defeated by the spiritual strength of Vasistha, and thus the King decided to become a brahmana. Before becoming a brahmana he underwent severe austerity on the bank of the Kausika
- Vrkasura was searching after a benediction and trying to decide which of the three presiding deities to worship in order to get it
- We can live in the spiritual world very comfortably without any botheration, without endeavor for earning money, but we have decided that we shall live here in this material world. This is called ass
- When Akrura also refused to give him shelter, Satadhanva decided to deliver the Syamantaka jewel into the hands of Akrura. Then, riding on a horse which could run at great speed and up to four hundred miles at a stretch, he fled the city
- When Bahulasva, the King of Mithila, saw Krsna at his palace, he decided to offer his respects by bowing down before Him at least a hundred times
- When conditioned soul falls into scarcity, and at that time, when he is unable to secure the necessities by fair means, he decides to seize the property of others unfairly
- When Gandhari came to know that her would-be husband was a blind man, to follow her life companion she decided to become voluntarily blind. So she wrapped up her eyes with many silk linens
- When he (Rupa Gosvami) decided to retire, he distributed fifty percent of his life's earnings to Krsna's service and twenty-five percent to his relatives and kept twenty-five percent for personal emergencies
- When he (the brahmana) had decided to go to Krsna, he asked his wife if she had anything in the home that he could offer to Krsna, because he must take some presentation for his friend
- When informed of the death of Kamsa, Jarasandha decided on the spot that he would rid the world of all the members of the Yadu dynasty. He decided that since Krsna had killed Kamsa, the whole dynasty of the Yadus should be killed
- When Jagannatha decided to see Vrndavana, He went there, and upon hearing this, the goddess of fortune experienced restlessness and jealousy
- When Krsna left Vrndavana, Subala, His intimate friend, decided to leave also. While leaving, Subala was contemplating that without Krsna there was no longer any pleasure to be found in Vrndavana
- When Lord Balarama saw the disturbances created by the gorilla and heard that he had already performed many mischievous activities all over the country, He became very angry and decided to kill him
- When one is in full consciousness of the Supreme Lord by such devotion, he can enter into the kingdom of God." Thus Prahlada Maharaja decided to offer his best prayers to the Lord, without consideration of his material position
- When Raghupati Upadhyaya saw Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's ecstatic symptoms, he decided that the Lord was not a human being but Krsna Himself
- When the black-eyed, beautiful Rukmini heard of the settlement, she immediately became very morose. However, being a king's daughter, she understood political diplomacy and decided that there was no use in simply being morose
- When the kings of the Yadu dynasty heard the taunt they laughed at him, and Garga Muni became angry at the Yadu kings. He decided that he would produce someone who would be very fearful to the Yadu dynasty
- When the matter remained undecided, Sahadeva began to speak in favor of Lord Krsna
- When the members of the Vrsni family saw all their friends and visitors departing, they observed that the rainy season was approaching, and thus they decided to return to Dvaraka
- When the Pandavas were living at the palace of Virata incognito, the Kauravas picked a quarrel with King Virata and decided to take away his large number of cows. While they were taking away the cows, Arjuna fought with them incognito
- When the soldiers saw that Sisupala was not competent to fight with Krsna, they decided not to lose their armies unnecessarily; therefore they ceased fighting and dispersed
- Whether he is man or dog. If he is a man, he must decide right and wrong. He is responsible. That is a man
- While residing at the house of Sacimata, Paramananda Puri heard the news of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's return to Jagannatha Puri. He therefore decided to go there as soon as possible
- While they were searching for the Lord, the night ended, and thus they all decided, "Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu has now disappeared"
- While touring various holy places of pilgrimage, my father carried much money. Seeing the money, this rogue decided to take it away
- Within their minds, they (the young princesses) decided to accept Lord Krsna as their husband without hesitation. Each one of them prayed to Providence that Krsna might become her husband
- Yamaraja, the great controller of life after death, decides the living entities' destinies in their next lives
- You have to change your body. And that will be selected not by you, not by your government, not by your father, not by your so-called guru. It will be decided by the laws of nature. That you cannot avoid
- You may go home without anxiety. Following your order, I shall persuade the brahmana. On this plea, after asking permission, Raghunatha dasa decided to go away
- You simply decide what Krsna has spoken. Then you become guru. If you want to manufacture something and show some magic, then you do not become guru
- Your normal life is Krishna Consciousness. If you so desire you can stay in Mayapur without taking any responsibility. Simply read books, take Prasadam, and chant Hare Krishna. Now, for the time being, you stay with your father. Later on you can decide