decision | decisions | decisive | decisively
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
- ► God's Decisions (8 P)
- ► Krsna's Decisions (32 P)
- ► My Decisions (Prabhupada) (27 P)
- ► Resolution - meetings (10 P)
Pages in category "Decision"
The following 94 pages are in this category, out of 94 total.
- A false acarya may try to override a Vaisnava by a high-court decision, but Bhaktivinoda Thakura says that he is nothing but a disciple of Kali-yuga
- A friend or son of a brahmana, when fully qualified, can be called a brahmana and not otherwise. Since Asvatthama's decision is immature, he is purposely called herein the son of a brahmana
- Advaita Acarya then held a festival that lasted two or three days. Thereafter, they all made a firm decision to go to Jagannatha Puri
- After all the rsis and others had seated themselves comfortably, the King, humbly standing before them with folded hands, told them of his decision to fast until death
- After having unmistakably known the decision of the Queen (Satarupa), as well as that of Devahuti, the Emperor (Svayambhuva Manu) most gladly gave his daughter to the sage (Kardama Muni), whose host of virtues was equaled by hers
- After hearing this, Sanatana Gosvami was exceedingly astonished. He could understand, "My decision to commit suicide has not been greatly appreciated by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu"
- After making a decision, the saintly persons and sages churned the thighs of the dead body of King Vena with great force and according to a specific method. As a result of this churning, a dwarf-like person was born from King Vena's body
- Ajamila was simply in an unconscious state when the argument was in progress between the Yamadutas and the Visnudutas. The conclusion of the argument was to be a decision regarding who would claim the soul of Ajamila
- All the devotees informed Lord Caitanya of Sacimata's decision. Hearing it, the Lord became very pleased
- All the sages who were assembled there also praised the decision of Maharaja Pariksit and they expressed their approval by saying, "Very good." Naturally the sages are inclined to do good to common men, for they have all the qualitative powers of the Lord
- Any decision, however important, should be confirmed by some authority. That makes the matter perfect
- Any decision, however important, should be confirmed by some authority. That makes the matter perfect. This means that the monarchs who ruled the earth in those days were not irresponsible dictators
- Arjuna is exampling himself that he's accepting Krsna as the spiritual master, teacher. And then Krsna began to teach the Bhagavad-gita, and he changed his decision, and he was freed from all anxieties. This is spiritual life
- Arjuna wanted first of all to satisfy his own senses by his decision not to fight with his kinsmen and friends, but Lord Sri Krsna taught him the Bhagavad-gita just to purify Arjuna's decision for sense gratification
- As a great king of the entire world, he (Prthu Maharaja) could have given them (the members of the assembly) orders, but he was so humble, meek and honest that he presented his statement for approval in order to clarify his mature decision
- As the decision of the supreme court of a state is final, similarly the judgment of Brahmaji, the supreme authority in the universe, is final in the Vedic process of acquiring knowledge
- At least at present this decision will be good
- At the same time he is still undaunted within himself as to his decision that Krsna is the supreme object of worship
- Authoritative decisions
- Decision by authorities
- Despite the spiritual master's order to form a governing body and execute the missionary activities of the Gaudiya Matha, the two unauthorized factions began litigation that is still going on after forty years with no decision
- Devotee hasn't got any personal decision. That is the process of Krsna consciousness. Evam parampara-praptam imam rajarsayo viduh. We should decide by the order of Krsna through the disciplic succession, via media, the spiritual master. That is required
- Having thus reached a decision, they all went to the place of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. There, although ready to speak, they could not even utter a word
- He (Sukadeva Goswami) appears on the scene while traveling on the earth of his own accord. It appears that upon the inquiry of Maharaja Pariksit, the great sages were not unanimous in their decision as to what was to be done
- He (Uddhava) was a great friend of Krsna's, and being the direct student of Brhaspati, the teacher and priest of the heavenly planets, he was very intelligent and sharp in decision
- Hearing Mukunda dasa give this proper decision, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu confirmed it, saying, "Yes, it is correct. One who awakens devotion to Krsna is certainly the spiritual master"
- Here is a decision by authorities like the Pandavas. All of them engaged themselves in favorably culturing the devotional service of the Lord Sri Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- His (Hiranyakasipu's) decision was that since the self (atma) and time are both eternal, if he could not occupy that post (of Lord Brahma) in one lifetime he would continue to execute austerities life after life so that sometime he would be able to do so
- I'm servant of that person who is engaged in the service of the six Gosvamis. And we pray to our Guru Maharaja, rupanuga-viruddhapasiddhanta-dhvanta-harine. Anyone who is going against the decision of Rupa Gosvami, reject him. This is our process
- If somebody has done something wrong he is taken to the court and the judge gives his decision, whether he is criminal or not. The man who has arrested him, he cannot give the decision. It has to be tried by the higher authority
- If you are on the wrong platform, whatever decision you make, that is foolishness. And therefore we are being baffled. Every time we are making decision, and next time it is found useless, another decision, because on the wrong platform
- In democratic government at the present moment all kinds of fools and rascals are making decisions. But what can they do? What is the result of their legislation? They enact something today just to whimsically repeal it tomorrow
- In Kuruksetra University, we gave some books to the Vice-chancellor. Please inquire what is their decision concerning taking books and standing order
- In the beginning Arjuna was arguing with Krsna to support his decision that he would not fight, but he could not convince Krsna very nicely
- In the beginning, Sri Arjuna, the great fighter, declined to fight, but when he was convinced by the Lord that the fighting was necessary, Sri Arjuna changed his decision and fought for His cause
- In the Bhagavad-gita we can see that Arjuna desired not to fight with his brothers and relations just to satisfy his own personal desires. But when he heard the message of the Lord, Srimad Bhagavad-gita, he changed his decision and served the Lord
- In this way, after consulting with the brahmanas, the King reached this decision, for according to brahminical opinion, drinking water may be accepted as eating and also as not eating
- It is our duty to kill this Vamanadeva, Lord Visnu. It is our religious principle and the way to serve our master. After making this decision, the demoniac followers of Maharaja Bali took up their various weapons with a view to killing Vamanadeva
- Kamsa was not uneducated. It appears from his talks with Vasudeva and Devaki that he knew all about the laws of nature. But because of his association with bad ministers, he could not make a clear decision about his welfare
- King Bhismaka of Vidarbha wanted to offer Krsna his daughter, Rukmini, but Rukmi, the eldest of his five sons, objected. Therefore Bhismaka withdrew his decision and decided to offer Rukmini to the King of Cedi, Sisupala, who was a cousin of Krsna's
- King Bhismaka wanted to give his daughter, Rukmini, in charity to Krsna, but Rukmi, his eldest son, objected. Therefore he could not carry out his decision
- Krsna replied, "My dear kings, your decision to give up all conceptions of material enjoyment and turn instead toward My devotional service is factually the symptom of your good fortune. Henceforward you will always be blessed with blissful life"
- Mukunda replied, "Raghunandana is my father, and I am his son. This is my decision"
- My dear friend, just hear the decision of My mind. Krsna is the Lord of My life in all conditions, whether He shows Me affection or kills Me by giving Me unhappiness
- My intelligence is bewildered by Your equivocal instructions. Therefore, please tell me decisively what is most beneficial for me. BG 3.2 - 1972
- On hearing this statement by King Yudhisthira, Lord Krsna replied as follows: "My dear King Yudhisthira, O killer of enemies, O ideal justice personified, I completely support your decision to perform the Rajasuya sacrifice"
- On request from many influential demigods and sages, he (Janamejaya) had to change his decision to kill the race of snakes, but despite stopping the sacrifice, he satisfied everyone concerned in the sacrifice by rewarding them properly
- One who does not take to devotional service must follow the decision of these scriptures (such as Manu-samhita) by performing pious acts to counteract his impious acts. This is known as atonement
- Regarding MacMillan, if they will not print our Bhagavad-gita As It Is in hard bound then why not publish our own edition of the book, enlarge and revised hard bound? We cannot be checked by their decision to print or not to print our books
- Regarding your idea, I think it will be best, if the next time you come to Honolulu, you come to our center here and discuss this proposal to the temple president named Manasvi dasa. Then some decision can be made
- Rukmini continued, "I have therefore accepted Your (Krsna's) lotus feet not without consideration but after mature and deliberate decision. My dear Lord, You are the master of the three worlds"
- Sati's mind was divided about whether to go to her father's house or obey orders of Lord Siva. The struggle between decisions was so strong that she was pushed from one side of the room to another, and she began to move just like the pendulum of a clock
- Satrajit had promised that he would give his beautiful daughter in charity to various candidates, but later the decision was changed, and Satyabhama was given to Krsna along with the Syamantaka jewel
- So devotee hasn't got any personal decision. That is the process of Krsna consciousness. Evam parampara-praptam imam rajarsayo viduh
- So far your acceptance by my other disciples is concerned, in the beginning there may be some inconveniences but if your decision is to work with us without any reservation, then there will be no difficulty
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked Raghupati Upadhyaya, "According to your decision, who is the foremost being?" Raghupati Upadhyaya replied, "Lord Syamasundara is the supreme form"
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: O King Pariksit, after the most famous and powerful Vasistha made this decision, he offered prayers to the Supreme Person, Visnu, to transform Ila into a male
- The actual decisions concerning the next lives of the living entities are made by the Supersoul, and they are carried out by Yamaraja
- The brahmana said, "You Pathana soldiers are all under the protection of your king. Let us go to your commander and get his decision"
- The decision of all great saintly persons is that whatever qualifications one has acquired should be utilized to glorify the Supreme Lord
- The happiness and distress are ordained by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, in accordance with whose decision we have received our bodies
- The insect goes very courageously into the fire. Is that a very nice decision, to go forward courageously into the fire?
- The King of the elephants (Gajendra), in his condition of danger, decided to seek shelter of the lotus feet of the Lord. After considerable thought, he intelligently arrived at this correct decision. Such a decision is not reached by a sinful man
- The Mayavada philosophy presents such a jugglery of words that even a highly elevated devotee who has accepted Krsna as his life and soul changes his decision when he reads the Mayavada commentary on the Vedanta-sutra
- The message (by Paundraka to Krsna) contained the following statements, "If out of Your (Krsna's) gross impudence You do not care for my words, then I challenge You to fight. I am inviting You to a battle in which the decision will be settled"
- The neophyte or third-class devotee is one whose faith is not strong and, at the same time, does not recognize the decision of the revealed scripture
- The neophyte's faith can be changed by someone else with strong arguments or by an opposite decision
- The purport of this description is that the second-class devotee has firm faith in the procedure of devotional service unto Krsna, but he may sometimes fail to offer arguments and decisions on the strength of revealed scripture to an opposing party
- The sage Maitreya said: Lord Siva was silent after speaking to Sati, seeing her between decisions. Sati was very much anxious to see her relatives at her father's house, but at the same time she was afraid of Lord Siva's warning
- Then Srivasa Thakura related the details of Haridasa’s decision and his entering the waters at the confluence of the Ganges and Yamuna
- They (monarchs) scrupulously followed the authoritative decisions of the saints and sages in terms of Vedic injunction
- They (the demigods, headed by Lord Brahma) accepted Upendra, Lord Vamanadeva, as the supreme master of everything. This decision made all living entities extremely happy
- Those who are too dull, it takes little time. But give them chance: Chant, chant, chant, chant! Cleanse, cleanse, cleanse! But when it is properly cleansed, then he will be ready. Arjuna's decision was not to fight. Now he says, "Yes." That is required
- To support this statement there are many authoritative assertions by the learned scholars of bygone ages. According to their general opinion, a person may become governed by certain convictions derived by his own arguments and decisions
- We can go on arguing for days together, but there is no decision. That is friendly talk. But when there is talk between a master and disciple, there is no question of arguing. The disciple has to accept what is ordered by the master
- We should approach the Supreme or the representative of the Supreme, just like the same example: when there is any controversy, we refer to the law book or to the lawyer, or we take the decision of the law court
- What is the standard of right decision?
- What is the value of the children's decision? Is there any value? Because he's not in proper understanding, what is the meaning of his decision? So one child makes one decision. Another child makes another decision. There is fight
- When he (Arjuna) became budha by hearing the Vedic knowledge of the Bhagavad-gita from the Supreme Person, he changed his decision and became a worshiper of Lord Sri Krsna, who had Himself arranged the Battle of Kuruksetra
- When there is fight between two ksatriyas, the decision is that one must die. Unless one dies, the business, the fighting, will never stop