church| churches | churchgoing | churchtaker|churchianity|"ecclesiastical" |"ecclesiastics"
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
- ► Ecclesiastical (5 P)
Pages in category "Church"
The following 106 pages are in this category, out of 106 total.
- A man who is going to the church, praying, "God give my daily bread," he is pious, but he's not a pure devotee. But there is chance of his becoming pure devotee in future
- A mouse in the church, what he'll eat?
- Animal society has no church, mosque or religious system. In all parts of the world, however downtrodden human society may be, there is some system of religion. Even tribal aborigines in the jungles also have a system of religion
- Another thing has developed in the meantime, that we have made contract to purchase a nice church here, costing $225,000; and the down payment has to be made $50,000 within the month of March
- Anyone who is going to church and asking God for bread, he's thousand times better than that rascal, who is not going to church, because he is, after all, approaching God
- Anyway purchase this church immediately. It is not very costly. $200,000 you can arrange. If it is available from BBT at this time then I have no objection
- Artharthi means in need of money. People generally go to church (or) temple when they are suffering from some ailments or need of money, these two classes
- As in the Christian church they go and say, "O God, give us our daily bread." That is also good because he has gone to God. The atheists, they do not like to speak of God, what to speak of praying from God
- As they pass laws in the Parliament, similarly, these churches approve: "Yes, homosex is all right." Then it is all right. This cheating system is going on
- At the present moment the churches, temples and mosques all over the world are not attracting people because foolish priests cannot elevate their followers to the platform of knowledge
- Christian churches are very much illuminated. They pray. Prayer is there. The necessity
- Christian missionaries, they constructed so many churches. But those churches are now being closed. In London, I have got specific knowledge, hundreds of churches are no more being used as church. Some of them are being used as godown
- Churches are being closed. Similarly, if you do not keep yourself fit to preach, then your temples will be all closed in due course of time. Without preaching, you'll not feel enthused to continue the temple worship
- Churches, mosques or temples are now practically vacant. Men are more interested in factories, shops, and cinemas than in religious places which were erected by their forefathers
- Civilized human being must have religion. But religion does not mean to develop or improve economic condition. Generally people go to church, to temple, to express some awful condition
- Even atheistic political leaders go to a church, mosque or temple for protection by God or gods and submissively say, "God willing." Before that, they pay no attention to God, not caring to know God or His will
- Even those who are going to church, they are also praying God, "God, give us our daily bread." These rascals, they have made God as agent for their sense gratification. This is their philosophy
- Everyone is trying to engage Krsna for his service. They are going to the church, "O Krsna, give us our daily bread," that "You serve me. You give us our daily bread and serve me."
- First class means ahaituki, without any cause. Not that "I shall go to church, I shall go to mosque, I shall go to temple for asking something from God." That is not first class. That is good in this sense, that these rascals have at least come to pray
- For less intelligent men there must be such things as temples, mosques or churches so that they may begin to recognize the authority of the Lord (Krsna) and hear about Him from authorities in such holy places
- For less intelligent persons, bowing down before the authority of the Lord (Krsna), as generally done in the temples, mosques or churches, is as beneficial as it is for the advanced devotees to meditate upon Him by active service
- Formerly, people were religious. It doesn't matter whether one constructed temple or church. It doesn't matter. There was prayer to the Supreme. But now people are forgetting
- Generally karmis, they want something from God. They go to temple, they go to church, for begging something: "I am hungry, give me my daily bread." "Give me," something. So long we are on the platform of "give me," you will never be happy
- Generally we go to temple, to church, or to mosque, anywhere, the place of worship, "O God give us our daily bread." There is a motive
- Generally, people go to church, go to temple for material prosperity. "God give us our daily bread." This is material prosperity. Or "Give me this, give me that." But they're also considered as pious because they have approached God
- Generally, people go to church, to temple, for some material benefit. Therefore sastra says, "No, no. Dharma is not meant for that purpose." People have become materialistic more and more
- Hindus, Muslims and Christians are faithful in their type of religion, and they go to the church, temple or mosque, but unfortunately they cannot give up the association of persons who are too much addicted to sex life and satisfaction of the palate
- Hindus, Muslims and Christians, they go to the church, temple or mosque, but unfortunately they cannot give up the association of persons who are too much addicted to sex life and satisfaction of the palate
- I am also trying to get one secretarial office in the Church Center of the United Nations, with a view to confer with the heads of the United Nations, both political and ecclesiastical, to propagate our Krishna Consciousness
- I am anxious to know about the result of the church negotiations. If by the Grace of Krishna it comes out successful, it will be a great achievement for your activities in Honolulu. When you get the church I must go there
- I never criticized church, mosque, never. Because whatever it may be, at least there is God consciousness. So they're good. I criticize only these rascals, disobey the commandments
- I shall commit sinful activities, go to the church and confess. Then everything is nullified. Again begin, new chapter, sinful activities
- I spoke in many of the churches there. My host arranged for that. So it was not with that purpose that I came here, to defeat some religious process. That was not my purpose. Our mission is, Lord Caitanya's mission is, to teach everyone how to love God
- I suggested that there are many churches vacant. If they give us these churches we shall install Deity - Nitai-Gaura and Panca-tattva - and along with them we shall worship Lord Jesus Christ and Muhammad; there is no harm
- I want to keep myself fit to enjoy life. Oh, let me take this yoga, or let me go to the church. Let me have a swami as my spiritual master, order-supplier. So these things are going on all over the world
- I was invited in Butler, here also, by some churches, and they wanted to give me some food. So they asked me, "Swamiji, what do you desire to eat?" So I told them, "I eat... I am strictly vegetarian. I shall accept fruits and milk. That's all"
- If one remains always a victim to the sinful reaction and if he is habituated to do that, so artificially this kind of confession in the church or giving some bribe to the bhattacarya, what is the meaning of this? It is practical question
- If you are going on as a happening program to the church, to the temple, or to the mosque, but there is no spontaneous attraction for hearing about God, then it is simply labor, simply waste of time, that's all
- If you are self-sufficient, why go to church and pray, "God, give us our daily bread"?
- If you kindly let me know whether we can talk about Bhagavad-gita as it is, in the church attached to the United Nations. Such meeting and discussions would be of great interest to many persons, and would be extremely beneficial to everyone involved
- If you want to be free from the reaction of the sinful activities in this life - exactly in the same way as Christian Bible advises that you have to make some atonement, go to the church and confess your sinful activities and pay some fine
- If you, by chance, by mistake, you violate the regulative principle, that is excused, but if willingly, if you go on committing sinful life - so just like in the Churches they go to confess and again begin - that kind of business will not help you
- In Christian theology, the individual goes to the church and prays God, "Give us our daily bread." Why he's asking God?
- In modern time, either Hindus, Muslim or Christian, because in these places there is no teaching of philosophy, therefore they are closing, either mosque or temple or church. They will close
- In our Hindu religion the people are advised to observe some ceremonies. In every religion the same system is there. They go to temple, you go to church, and the Mohammedans, they go to mosque
- In the Christian world they go to the church, "O God, give us our daily bread." But higher philosophy is that we should not or we need not ask God for our bread. That is already there. We should approach God, how to love Him
- In the days of economic development, nobody's interested in going to the church or temple. "What this nonsense? Why shall I go to the church for asking bread? We shall develop economic condition and there will be sufficient supply of bread"
- In this Age of Kali Yuga nobody can meditate perfectly, neither they have sufficient resources for performing great sacrifices, neither they have tendency to attend spiritual services in the temple, churches, or mosques or any such sanctuaries
- It is very gratifying that at last you have got a five-story building, and in the meantime negotiations are continuing for a church. It is very good news and I thank you for your joint invitation
- Just like in Christian church they go. There is cause: "God, give us our daily bread." The cause is bread. "Therefore I have come to church." But when you go to church without any cause, that is real love
- Just like in some religious process it is said that you commit all kinds of sins and go to the church and simply confess, you are free. So this doing and confessing, doing and confessing is going on
- Just like the birds or beast, they are getting their bread without going to the church. They do not go to the church for asking God, "Give us our daily bread." The bread is there in the tree. They go and take as much bread as they like
- Krsna is not miser. He is supplying millions and millions of living entities bread. So what is the use of asking Him? The birds, the beasts, they have no church and pray to God, "Oh, give us our daily bread," but nobody is starving
- Krsna worship is so easy, universal. Other worshiping method you have to collect so many things, then you can worship. Or you must have temple, you must have church, you must have worshiping place. But Krsna is everywhere
- Many churches are for sale. That's not a good sign. That means people have lost interest in spiritual life but fortunately the younger generation, they are taking to this spiritual movement
- Material profit, as it is stated here in the Srimad-Bhagavatam by Suta Gosvami, that to go to the church or to the temple or to become a religious person, does not mean that it is meant for improving your material condition
- Material thought means these fruitive activities. "I shall work very hard, and I shall get so much wealth, and for this purpose I can go to church & temple. If God gives me millions of dollars, then I am ready to go." Real purpose is sense gratification
- Modern advanced in science people, they think: "Oh, what is the use of asking bread in the church? Why not take to industry?" That is their aim. In India, especially, this is the situation
- Monday begin again sinful activities, and again go to church on Sunday and confess and nullify it. Not like that. When you deny that "I shall not do it," don't do it again. Then your life is perfect
- Nobody is trained up how to know God and how to love Him. They are satisfied by going to the church: "O God, give us our daily bread."
- Not only in India, all over the world, the churches also, they're dwindled. Now, Europe and America, so many churches are for sale. We have purchased so many churches because people have no more interest
- Pennsylvania. So although it was a small county, I was very much engladdened there were so many churches
- People are advanced in education and knowledge. They think that "If I have to ask bread from God, so why shall I go to God? Let me earn money very nicely, and I can purchase bread. Why shall I go to church"
- People are generally inclined to execute religious principles to make economic development. Just like in your Christian religion they go to church and pray, "Oh God, give us our daily bread." That is mainly economic development
- Similarly, certain Christians go to church to confess their sins, thinking that confessing their sins before a priest and performing some penance will relieve them from the results of their weekly sins
- Sinless means they should not indulge in these four prohibited principles. Others may do. But the leaders, the political executive, administrators, and the priests who are conducting the church, they must be free from sinful life
- Someone may think, "For a whole week I may commit sinful activities, and for one day I will go to the temple or church and admit my sinful activities so that I can become washed off and again begin my sinning"
- Sometimes in Christian Church there is confession, and again they go and commit the same sin, and next time, again confession. Not like that. That is not good
- Still people are going to the church, to the temple, to the mosque, to the synagogue. Why? Isa-sangat, isa-sangat, just to associate with God. That is the purpose. So if you actually search after Isa, Krsna, or God, you can get it
- The animals, they do not know how to create a church or temple or mosque. These are done in the human society. So when the human society forgets this responsibility from economic point of view, that means they degrade to the animal life
- The ants and the elephants, they do not go to the church for asking God, "Oh, give us our daily bread," but still, they are getting. Then the next question is that "What is our duty?" Our duty is to feel obliged to God and try to serve Him
- The Christian process, that going to church, confession, that is very nice. You confess. And God or God's representative is quite able to excuse you and to make you free from all sinful reaction. But why should you commit again?
- The Christians pray in the church, "Oh, God, give us our daily bread." So God has got ear so that He will hear and supply. But His personality, His word, His hearing, they're all transcendental, nonmaterial
- The Communist country, they make propaganda. In the villages. They ask the people to go to the church and ask for bread. They, innocent people, they ask as usual: "Oh God, give us our daily bread."
- The court or the church is not meant for that purpose, that they will excuse the sinners every week without questioning and without giving him full, nice instruction that "You cannot do this." But if they say like that, then no more, nobody will come
- The kanistha-adhikari is in the lowest stage of realization. He goes to a place of worship, such as a temple, church or mosque, according to his religious faith, and worships there according to scriptural injunctions
- The Krsna consciousness movement comprehends all sides of life. It is not that a stereotype "churchianity," weekly going to the church and come back and do all. No. It is embracing all sides of our life
- The other day I was speaking in the church that God is not dead. God cannot be dead. Neither you or me cannot be dead. There is living symptom in your body, and there is living symptom in the cosmic manifestation also. Just try to understand what is God
- There are different types of religious system, but that type of religious system is first class which teaches the follower how to love God. That is first class, not to go to the church: "Give me my daily bread" or "Please minimize my troubles of life."
- There are many redundant churches because the Christian people are gradually deviating from their religious beliefs on account of stereotype presentation of the Bible by sophisticated priests
- There is a church in the United Nations, and we tried to get a room there for making our propaganda. The church unity denied to give us. So their crippled mind is not expanded. Sa mahatma... Mahatma means broad-minded
- This is the greatest contribution; our books have given us a respectable position. People have no faith in this church or temple worship. Those days are gone
- This is the philosophy of the Communists. "Why should you go to the church? Why should you go to the temple? Forget all these things. Work hard, earn money and enjoy life." But that is demonic. Because there is envy against God
- We should love God without any cause. Just like we go to temple, church, with a motive. We go there: "O God, give us our daily bread. I have come to You for my bread." That is not love of God. That is love of bread
- What is the difference between temple, church, and ordinary house? Temple means where there is God. Or church, where there is God. God means where there is God's name. So wherever the chanting is there, that is temple
- When one is distressed he goes to the church or temple to worship the Lord, but when opulent he forgets the Lord. Therefore, punishment by the Lord through material nature is necessary in human society
- When we are, I mean to say, taught to love God, we are instructed that "You go to temple, go to church, and pray to God for your necessities, for your grievances." That is the beginning. But that is not pure love
- Why should you say, "Oh, I am Christian. I am Jew. I cannot attend your meeting." Why should you say, "Oh, I cannot allow you to speak in my church." If I am speaking about God, what objection you have got?
- Yes, the idea to make S.F. our headquarters, that is in my mind, but that church is not yet settled. The man is prolonging it. Actually, if you get the church I shall make that my headquarters, and I shall come there to your temple occasionally
- You may get books, as many as possible, from Karandhar, at cost price and sell them profusely for as much price as you like and all profits above cost price you may use to buy the church