Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
burn | burned | burning | burns | burnt
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Burn"
The following 208 pages are in this category, out of 208 total.
- A blazing fire is visible by its exhibition of heat and light; similarly, when the living entity within the heart becomes enlightened with full spiritual knowledge and detached from the material world, he burns up his material covering
- A faithful wife cannot live without her lord, the husband, and therefore all widows used to voluntarily embrace the burning fire which consumed the dead husband
- A fearful black demon (Virabhadra) as high as the sky and as bright as three suns combined was created (by Lord Siva), his teeth very fearful and the hairs on his head like burning fire
- A great devastating fire created by Bali Maharaja began burning all the soldiers of the demigods. This fire, accompanied by blasting winds, seemed as terrible as the Samvartaka fire, which appears at the time of dissolution
- A person who has the pure characteristics of a brahmana due to devotional service, which is like a blazing fire burning to ashes all the sinful reactions of past lives, is certainly saved from the consequences of sinful acts
- A person who is in a jubilant spirit, who feels profound devotional ecstasy while dancing before Me, who manifests different features of bodily expression, can burn away all the accumulated sinful reactions he has stocked up for many thousands of years
- A spiritual body is not burned. They are kept, samadhi. Just like in Western countries they give samadhi to any, everyone, tomb, entombing. In India the tomb is offered to a very advanced spiritually person
- A Vaisnava acarya's body is never burned. It is entombed. They worship the body. But that is spiritual body
- Accidental sins committed by a devotee are sincerely regretted, and by the grace of the Lord all sins unwillingly committed by a devotee are burnt in the fire of repentance
- According to the Vedic system, if a person dies during the daytime it is customary for his funeral ceremony to be performed before the sun sets, regardless of whether he is burned or buried
- Actually everyone in this material world is burning in the blazing fire of material consciousness. That's a fact. Somebody is trying to solve by forgetting it through the influence of intoxication or something else artificially. That is not the solution
- After the bathing ceremony was finished, incense and lamps were burned and all kinds of food offered before the Deity. These foods included yogurt, milk and as many sweetmeats as were received
- After the burning of Putana, Nanda Maharaja came home and immediately took up the child on his lap and began to smell His head. In this way, he was quite satisfied that his little child was saved from this great calamity
- All forms of the Lord are always decorated with garlands of lotus flowers, and there should be a soothing atmosphere in the temple of worship to attract the burning attention of the nondevotees always engaged in material wranglings
- All the residents of Dvaraka approached and addressed Him, "Dear Lord (Krsna) of the three worlds, a great fiery demon is ready to burn the whole city of Dvaraka! Please save us"
- Although he is always burning with anxiety, such a fool always performs all kinds of mischievous activities, with a hope which is never to be fulfilled, in order to maintain his so-called family and society
- Although Krsna is always as soft as a lotus, within the throat of Bakasura He created a burning sensation of being hotter than fire
- Although Lord Balarama patiently heard their insulting words and simply observed their uncivil behavior, from His appearance it was clear that He was burning with anger and was thinking of retaliating with great vengeance
- Anger causes frustration, as in the story of the unsuccessful fox and the "sour grapes." The living entity is then forced to pretend to be a renouncer. But at the bottom of such renunciation burns the great flame of greed and the desire for enjoyment
- Any material thing you take, even stone, iron, it can be burned, it can be cut into pieces, it can dry up, and so many things, all applicable to the matter. But so far the spirit soul is concerned, it is just the opposite
- As a blazing fire burns everything within a room, Lord Visnu, situated in the heart of the yogi, burns up all kinds of impurities
- As a blazing fire turns firewood to ashes, O Arjuna, so does the fire of knowledge burn to ashes all reactions to material activities
- As a fire burns dry grass to ashes, so the holy name of the Lord, whether chanted knowingly or unknowingly, burns to ashes, without fail, all the reactions of one's sinful activities
- As all fuel is burned to ashes by a full-fledged fire, all sinful activities are totally erased when one engages in devotional service to Me (Krsna)
- As soon as he (the brahmana) touched the sweet rice pot with his finger, he immediately was burnt by the heat of the pot. In this way, his meditation broke
- As the fire spread more and more, Krsna and Balarama jumped from the top of the mountain down to the ground - a distance of eighty-eight miles. Thus, while the peak was burning up, Krsna and Balarama escaped, unseen by Jarasandha or his men
- At each and every gate there were burning lamps and big waterpots
- At the end of life the body belongs to the fire, because the body is given to the fire and burned to ashes. Or the body is thrown into the street to be eaten by the dogs and vultures
- At the time of death, fire burns the gross body, and if there is no more desire for material enjoyment the subtle body is also ended, and in this way a pure soul remains
- Because he (the brahmana) was simply meditating on touching the hot sweet rice, he never thought that his finger would actually become burnt
- Because of her (Purvacitti's) belt, her waist seemed to be encircled by burning cinders. She was fully dressed, but Agnidhra had become so lusty that he asked, "Why have you come naked?"
- Because of his (the devotee's) intense devotional service, his ignorance, material consciousness and all kinds of material desires are completely burnt to ashes
- Because the King of Kasi and his son Sudaksina were against Lord Krsna, the visnu-cakra Sudarsana (the disc weapon of Lord Krsna) devastated the whole city by burning all these important places. This excursion was more ravaging than modern bombing
- Because the person in Krsna consciousness is devoid of all kinds of sense-gratificatory propensities, it is to be understood that he has burned up the reactions of his work by perfect knowledge of his constitutional position
- Because the sons of Sagara Maharaja had offended a great personality, the heat of their bodies had increased, and they were burnt to ashes. But simply by being sprinkled with water from the Ganges, all of them became eligible to go to the heavenly planets
- Brahmana is the quality. That quality is gone. With the departure of the soul, that quality is gone. Now this body is simply a lump of matter, so there is no shame when the body is burnt into ashes
- Burning with lust they became quarrelsome
- Burnt existential ecstatic love is divided into three
- Burnt existential ecstatic love is divided into three, and one example is as follows: One day, Mother Yasoda was dreaming that the gigantic demon, Putana, was lying on the courtyard of her house, and she immediately became anxious to seek out Krsna
- By advancement in spiritual knowledge, which is considered to be like blazing fire, all material desires are burned to ashes
- By feeding Him (Krnsa) with her (Putana's) breast, she was immediately purified, so much so that when her nasty material body was burnt to ashes, it gave off the fragrance of aguru, the most agreeably scented herb
- By the influence of Indra, the King of heaven, the sons of Sagara had lost their intelligence and disrespected a great personality (Kapiladeva). Consequently, fire emanated from their own bodies, and they were immediately burned to ashes
- By the nectar of His personal glance, the cloud known as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu poured water upon the garden of Gauda-desa and revived the people, who were like creepers and plants burning in the forest fire of material existence
- Deliver the oil to the temple of Jagannatha so that it may be burned in the lamps. Thus your labor in preparing the oil will be fruitful
- Deliver this oil to the temple of Jagannatha, where it may be burned in the lamps. In this way, Jagadananda's labor in manufacturing the oil will be perfectly successful
- Development of this knowledge of eternal servitorship to the Lord is compared to fire. Such a fire, once kindled, can burn up all kinds of reactions to work
- Dull matter alone cannot create anything. The material energy produces the creation by the power of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Iron itself has no power to burn, but when iron is placed in fire, it is empowered to burn
- Every conditioned soul is full of the reactions of his past life, but all dirty things are immediately burned to ashes if one simply executes devotional service
- Every year the plowman plows over his grain field, completely uprooting all weeds. Nonetheless, the seeds lie there and, not being completely burned, again come up with the plants sown in the field. Even after being plowed under, the weeds come up densely
- Everyone is burning in the materialistic way of life
- Everything that is material can be cut into pieces, can be burnt up, can be moistened, and can be dried up in the air
- Gopis said, "Now we request You, dear Krsna, to extinguish that fire with Your beautiful smile and the transcendental vibration emanating from Your lips. If You do not agree to do us this favor, we shall certainly be burned in the fire of separation"
- Gradually the whole water will be dried up, and there will be no water. And in that situation all living beings will die. Then the sunshine will be more, by heating, the temperature will increase, and then everything will be burned into ashes
- Great saintly person's body, after demise it is not burned; it is buried, samadhi, because it is cinmaya. So adikarthe mayat-pratyaya and vikararthe... So a Vaisnava, his body is cinmaya, is cinmaya body
- Hanuman, the great servitor of Lord Rama, exhibited his wrath by burning the golden city of Ravana, but by doing so he became the greatest devotee of the Lord
- Having failed to set fire to Dvaraka, the fiery demon went back to Varanasi, the kingdom of Kasiraja. As a result of his return, all the priests who had helped instruct the black art of mantras, along with their employer, Sudaksina, were burned to ashes
- He (Carvaka) also maintained that one should not be afraid of death, the next life, the past life or an impious life because after the body is burnt to ashes, everything is finished
- He (Krsna) smashed not only the weapons but also the soldiers and assistants of Paundraka, just as during the dissolution of this universe the fire of devastation burns everything to ashes
- He (Lord Krsna) immediately burned several kinds of scented incense and, as is usual, offered him arati with burning lamps. After thus offering him an adequate welcome and after the brahmana had taken food and drinks
- He could then lead the king to the mountain where Mucukunda was lying asleep. Mucukunda had received a benediction from Lord Siva to the effect that when he awoke from his sleep, whomever he might see would at once be burnt to ashes
- Her (the Raksasi Putana's) sinful reactions automatically vanished, and therefore when her gigantic body was being burnt, the smoke emanating from her body was fragrant like aguru incense
- If one spark falls on your body, on your garment, it burns. But it is not as powerful as the big fire. Similarly, God is all powerful. God is great. We are part and parcel of God. Therefore, our greatness is very, very small, infinitesimal. God is great
- If one tastes such love of Godhead, he can compare it to hot sugarcane. When one chews hot sugarcane, his mouth burns, yet he cannot give it up
- If the kingly administrative order, being unrestricted in sense control, offends the brahmana order and enrages them, then the fire of that rage burns up the whole body of the royal family and brings grief upon all
- If women are touched by them even once, their minds are enticed, and the burning poison of lusty desire for Krsna is immediately vanquished
- Ignorance is no excuse, similarly out of ignorance we are committing so many sinful life's and we are becoming liable to be punished, that is the law of nature. You cannot avoid it, if you touch the fire it will burn
- In Ayur-veda, cow dung dried and burned into ashes is used as toothpowder. It is very antiseptic toothpowder
- In fire the iron becomes warm, warmer, and then at last, it becomes red-hot. When the iron is red-hot, it is no longer iron. It is fire. If you touch anywhere, it will burn. Although apparently it is iron rod, but because it has become red-hot, it is fire
- In India you have got the community, Parsee community. They do not burn, neither they bury. They throw and the vultures immediately comes and eat. Then the body turns into stool
- In my childhood, when I was three, four years old, I was saved. My all cloth burned, and there is a scar. You have seen. I would have died that day, but fortunately I was saved. The cloth was burning
- In some societies the body is immediately burned after death, and thus it becomes ashes. In any case, if one intelligently considers the constitution of the body and the soul beyond it, what is the value of the body?
- In spite of being beaten with burning logs, the serpent was not about to give up swallowing Nanda Maharaja
- In the evening, burn torchlights in every home. I shall give protection to everyone. Let us see what kind of Kazi comes to stop our kirtana
- In the example given here, the inhabitants of Vrndavana are compared to lakes filled with lotus flowers, and because of the scorching heat of separation from Krsna, the lakes - along with the lotus flowers of their lives - are being burned up
- In the Vedic hymns it is said that the living entities are like the sparks of a fire. The sparks of fire also are fire, but the burning potency of the sparks is different from that of the original fire
- In this institution if there is a bad disciple he can burn the whole institution into ashes
- Incense burned within the walls of the palace, and the fragrant smoke leaked out of the window shutters. Within the room were mattresses covered with white bedsheets; the bedding was as soft and white as milk foam
- Incessantly covered with germs and insects biting him all over his body, Gopala Capala felt unbearable pain. His entire body burned in distress
- Instead of wasting her (Queen Arci) time in lamentation, she immediately prepared a fiery pyre on top of a hill and then placed the body of her husband (King Prthu) on it to be burned
- It appeared that he (the demon) was going to burn all outer space to ashes. The surface of the earth trembled because of his striking steps. When he entered the city of Dvaraka, all the residents panicked, just like animals in a forest fire
- It becomes very difficult for snakes to leave a forest when there is a fire. Other animals may flee due to their long legs, but serpents, only being able to crawl, are generally burnt in the fire
- It cannot be burned into the fire. It cannot be moistened by water. That means everything matter, there is interruption. Any matter will be interrupted by another matter, but the soul is not anything of this material world
- It is better to accept the miseries of being encaged within bars and surrounded by burning flames than to associate with those bereft of Krsna consciousness. Such association is a very great hardship
- It is recommended that we should always keep in touch with the devotional service of the Lord so that the blazing fire of devotional service can gradually burn into ashes material desires and we can become liberated from the repetition of birth and death
- It is said that Cupid, who is directly part and parcel of Lord Vasudeva and who was formerly burned to ashes by the anger of Lord Siva, took birth from the womb of Rukmini, begotten by Krsna
- It is sometimes argued that the sons of King Sagara were burned to ashes by the fire emanating from the eyes of Kapila Muni. This statement, however, is not approved by great learned persons
- Jagai and Madhai had but one fault - they were addicted to sinful activity. However, volumes of sinful activity can be burned to ashes simply by a dim reflection of the chanting of Your holy name
- Jatila said, "You cruel-faced Mukhara! By hearing your words my heart feels like it is burning in a fire!"
- Just like without being red hot, you cannot burn any other thing. Similarly, without being fully spiritualized, you cannot make others spiritualized. Therefore we have to follow the parampara system
- Kapila Muni was not at all angry at the sons of Sagara Maharaja; rather, they were burnt to ashes by the heat of their own bodies
- King Dhrtarastra became blind under the influence of impious desires to nourish his dishonest sons, and thus he set fire to the lacquer house to burn his fatherless nephews, the Pandavas
- Krsna continued, "The demon (Kalayavana) who was present before you (Mucukunda) also acted as My enemy, and you have very kindly burned him to ashes by glancing over him"
- Krsna is accepted as the friend of the cloud because both the cloud and Krsna satisfy the people when they are disturbed. When the people are burning due to excessive heat, the cloud satisfies them with rain
- Krsna said to Uddhava, "My dear Uddhava, devotional service unto Me is just like a blazing fire which can burn into ashes unlimited fuel supplied to it"
- Krsna thought it wise to lead the untouchable king to that cave (where Mucukunda was lying asleep) so that the king's presence would awaken Mucukunda, and he would at once be burnt to ashes
- Lord Siva lives mostly in the crematorium, where dead bodies are burnt, and the whirlwind dust of the crematorium is his bodily dress. He is unstained by material contamination
- Lord Siva's body is reddish, and he is unstained, but he is covered with ashes. His hair is dusty from the whirlwind dust of the burning crematorium. He is the younger brother of your (Diti's) husband (Kasyapa), and he sees with his three eyes
- Lord's dying or quitting His body is like the jugglery of a magician. The magician shows by his tricks that he is cut to pieces, burnt to ashes or made unconscious by hypnotic influences, but all are false shows only
- Maharaja Vena went astray from the path of righteousness, and the brahmanas chastised him by the thunderbolt curse. By this King Vena was burnt with his good deeds and opulence and was en route to hell
- Materialistic persons are always burning in a blazing fire of material miseries. The gopis were burning in a transcendental blazing fire due to separation from Krsna
- Mayavati knew that she had previously been Rati, the wife of Cupid; after her husband was burned to ashes by the wrath of Lord Siva, she was always expecting him to come back in a material form
- Mucukunda replied as follows, "Grant me the power to burn to ashes, by my mere glance, anyone who disturbs my sleeping and awakens me untimely. Please give me this benediction"
- Mucukunda told Lord Krsna, "For such an offensive act, I have burned this person to ashes simply by glancing over him. Fortunately, now I can see You in this grand & beautiful feature. I think, therefore, that You are the cause of my killing my enemy"
- My (Narottama dasa Thakura's) heart is always burning in the fire of material existence, and I have made no provisions for getting out of it
- My beard was burned, and there were blisters on my cheeks.' Every orderly who went gave the same description
- My feeling is like this: My mind burns day and night, and I can get no rest. If there were someplace I could go to meet Krsna, I would immediately fly there
- Nanda Maharaja cried for help, "This serpent is swallowing me!", all the cowherd men got up and saw what was happening. They immediately took up burning logs and began to beat the snake to kill it
- Narada Muni said, "I shall also see how You (Krsna) save the son of a brahmana from death after he has already been transferred to another planet. After this, I will be able to see You kill the Paundraka demon and burn to ashes the kingdom of Kasi"
- Not only do the householder caste gosvamis disrespect the title gosvami, but also, following the principles of the smarta Raghunandana, they exhibit great foolishness by burning a straw image of Advaita Acarya in a sraddha ceremony
- Now I have gained the Lord of My life, in the absence of whom I was being burned by Cupid and was withering away
- Now, when he (the brahmana) looked at his finger, he saw that it was burnt, and he was wondering in astonishment how this could have happened
- O my Lord, You are all-powerful. A fiery iron arrow is coming towards me (Uttara) fast. My Lord, let it burn me personally, if You so desire, but please do not let it burn and abort my embryo. Please do me this favor, my Lord
- On the strength of the benediction of Karttikeya, Mucukunda burned Kalayavana to ashes simply by glancing at him. When the incident was over, Krsna came before King Mucukunda
- One is understood to be in full knowledge whose every endeavor is devoid of desire for sense gratification. He is said by sages to be a worker for whom the reactions of work have been burned up by the fire of perfect knowledge
- Ordinary poison affects only those who drink it, and ordinary fire can be extinguished simply by pouring water on it, but the arani fire ignited by the spiritual potency of a brahmana who is dissatisfied can burn to ashes the whole family of a person
- Overwhelmed by joy at being called by the Lord, Sanatana Gosvami did not feel that his feet were burning in the hot sand
- Pariksit inquired from Sukadeva, "How had he achieved so much power that instantly, by his glance, Kalayavana was burned to ashes? How did he happen to be lying down in the cave of the hill?" He put many questions before Sukadeva
- Patri said to Krsna: "I am suffering from Your separation, which is more severe than the hunger of Aghasura, the poison of Lake Kaliya and the burning of the forest fire. So why should You not protect me from the pangs of separation?"
- Please always keep the temple nicely cleansed, and put as many flowers as possible, burn candles and incense, offer fruits and nice food stuffs, chant and dance
- Please visit the temple and take advantage of the pure spiritual atmosphere, this will immediately extinguish the burning fire of material suffering in your heart
- Radha continued, "He has many new girlfriends, who are no doubt happy in His association. Because the lusty, burning sensation of their breasts has been satisfied by Krsna, they are happy. If you go there, glorify Krsna, they may be pleased to reward you"
- Red-hot iron can burn, but it cannot burn the original fire. Therefore the consciousness of the small particle of Brahman is fully dependent on the power of the Supreme Brahman
- Regarding your feelings of burning impatience, these things are very explicitly explained in the Nectar of Devotion in the chapter on ecstasy. These are symptoms of ecstasy, that is not bad
- Sankhacuda was killed by the Lord during His pastimes at Horika in the month of Phalguna, and the same ceremony is still observed in India by the burning of the effigy of Sankhacuda one day prior to the Lord's pastimes at Horika, generally known as Holi
- She (Kubja) took Krsna's lotus feet and placed them on her breasts, which were burning with the blazing fire of lust. By smelling the fragrance of Krsna's lotus feet, she was immediately relieved of all lusty desires
- Simply by having water from the Ganges come in contact with the ashes of their burnt bodies, the sons of Sagara Maharaja were elevated to the heavenly planets
- Since Prthu Maharaj and his wife Arci were carried by two separate airplanes, it may be concluded that even after being burned in the funeral pyre they remained separate, individual persons. In other words, they never lost their identity or became void
- Sinful dacoits were about to kill a great devotee of the Lord. Suddenly the deity's body burst asunder, and the goddess Kali personally emerged from it in a body burning with an intense and intolerable effulgence
- Sir, due to my unhappiness I cannot continue living. Although my body is burning, my life is not leaving
- Sometimes he suffers from the burning heat of household life, which is like a forest fire, and sometimes he becomes sad to have his wealth, which is as dear as life, plundered by kings in the name of heavy income taxes
- Sometimes in our society, ISKCON, a person out of sentiment may take sannyasa, but because his desires are not burned completely, he again takes to family life, even at the risk of losing his prestige and disgracing his good name
- Spirit is never pierced, burnt, dried, moistened, etc. This is vividly explained in the Bhagavad-gita
- Sridhara Swami continued, "I have been cracked to pieces by the smashing wheel of material existence, and because of my various sinful activities while existing in this material world, I am burning in the blazing fire of material reactions"
- Strong desires can be burned out completely when one fully engages in the service of the Lord in devotional service
- Tapa-traya. Tapa means painful condition. Tapa. Just like if you touch fire, it creates a painful condition by burning the part, similarly, this world is also a blazing fire, samsara-davanala
- The beauty of the city was enhanced by the inhabitants, both men & women, who were dressed in fresh, washed clothes & decorated with sandalwood pulp, pearl necklaces and flower garlands. Incense burned everywhere, fragrances like aguru scented the air
- The chili should be added to the hot ghee just after the cumin seed begins to darken in color, and both of them should become brown, but not black or burnt. I think this adjustment with a little trial will improve the dahl for offering to the Deities
- The demon (Hiranyaksa), who had fearful tusks, stared at the Personality of Godhead (Varahadeva) as though to burn Him. Springing into the air, he aimed his mace at the Lord, exclaiming at the same time, "You are slain!"
- The embryo of Puru's descendant begotten by the great hero Abhimanyu in the womb of Uttara, his wife, was burnt by the weapon of the son of Drona, but later he was again protected by the Lord
- The embryonic body of Pariksit which was in formation after Uttara's pregnancy by Abhimanyu, the great hero, was burned by the brahmastra of Asvatthama, but a second body was given by the Lord within the womb
- The fire within the bodies of the sons of Sagara Maharaja became so much hotter that all of them burned to ashes. The fire's increased heat was due to their misbehavior toward a great personality
- The fortunate Sisupala's spirit soul immediately merged into the body of Lord Krsna in the presence of all, exactly as a burning meteor falls to the surface of the globe
- The gopis become very much agitated by lusty desire; they are burning due to the poisonous bite inflicted by the black snakes of Krsna’s beautiful arms
- The gopis said, "If You think, however, that Your lotuslike palms might be burned to ashes if placed on our burning breasts, let us assure You (Krsna) that Your palms will feel pleasure instead of pain"
- The gopis said, "O dear friend of the distressed, kindly place Your hand on our burning breasts as well as on our heads, because we have surrendered unto You (Krsna) as Your eternal maidservants"
- The gopis said, "When You (Krsna) leave the body, it immediately dies, and according to the injunction of the sastras, a dead body must immediately be thrown into a river or burned. Therefore, ultimately You are the dearmost personality in this world"
- The gopis were relieved from their transcendental burning condition by realizing Krsna was with them. Internally, they remembered His association within their hearts, externally Uddhava helped them associate with Him by his conclusive instructions
- The grhastha-asrama is a field of fruitive activity. Unless the desire to enjoy family life is completely burned out, it grows up again and again. Even though camphor may be removed from a pot, the pot nonetheless retains the aroma of camphor
- The hot chili-like taste burned the tongues of those who chewed the seeds. Thus the eating of pilu fruits from Vrndavana became a pastime of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's
- The karma-yogi's perfect spiritual vision cannot but penetrate the encagement of every material body, just as a red-hot iron cannot but burn everything that it contacts
- The laws of nature are very stringent. If a child touches fire without knowing the effect, he must be burned, even though he is only a child. If a child violates the law of nature, there is no compassion
- The living entity is not burned by the fire. It is not dried up, it is not moistened. This is stated. So why there will be no life in the sun globe? There must be. Because nainam dahati pavakah, fire cannot burn the living being
- The living entity is sanatana, eternal. Because he cannot be killed by any weapon, burnt into ashes by fire, soaked or moistened by water, nor dried up by air, he is considered to be immune to material reactions
- The man had been untimely awakened and was therefore very angry, and when he looked upon Kalayavana in his angry mood, rays of fire emanated from his eyes, and Kalayavana burned to ashes within a moment
- The materialistic way of life causes a burning in the heart. One cannot make any provisions for the troublesome life of the material world
- The Personality of Godhead (Kapiladeva) said: My dear Amsuman, here is the animal sought by your grandfather for sacrifice. Please take it. As for your forefathers, who have been burnt to ashes, they can be delivered only by Ganges water
- The Personality of Godhead Ramacandra, being aggrieved for His distant intimate friend (Sita), glanced over the city of the enemy Ravana with red-hot eyes like those of Hara (who wanted to burn the kingdom of heaven)
- The purport is that as the blazing fire can burn any amount of fuel to ashes, so devotional service to the Lord in Krsna consciousness can burn up all the fuel of sinful activities
- The soul can never be cut to pieces by any weapon, nor burned by fire, nor moistened by water, nor withered by the wind
- The spirit soul can never be struck by the sharp sword, nor can he be burnt by fire. He can never be affected by water or air, and thus, the spirit soul is eternally indestructible, nonflammable, nonevaporable, and noncorrodable
- The symptoms originating from such existential ecstatic love are divided into three headings - namely, moist, burnt and dried-up
- The two very beautiful arms of Krsna are just like long bolts. They also resemble the bodies of black snakes that enter the space between the two hill-like breasts of women and bite their hearts. The women then die from the burning poison
- The whole city was made fragrant by the burning of fine incense, and at night there was illumination from thousands of lamps, which decorated every building
- The yogi sees all the planets of the universe burning to ashes, and thus he leaves for Satyaloka by airplanes used by the great purified souls
- The yogi sees all the planets of the universe burning to ashes, and thus he leaves for Satyaloka by airplanes used by the great purified souls. The duration of life in Satyaloka is calculated to be 15,480,000,000,000 years
- There are many stages of reaction: reaction in the making, reaction fructifying, reaction already achieved, and reaction a priori. But knowledge of the constitutional position of the living entity burns everything to ashes
- There are many, many snakes on the ground of the forest, and when a fire takes place, it burns the dried foliage, and the snakes are immediately attacked
- There is story that in the Deity room, a lamp was burning
- There was so much incense and fragrant gum burning (inside the palace) that the scented fumes were coming out of the windows
- They (the cows and boys) said, "My dear Krsna! My dear Krsna! You and Balarama are very powerful. We are now burning from the heat of this blazing fire. Let us take shelter of Your lotus feet. We know You can protect us from this great danger"
- This individual soul is unbreakable and insoluble, and can be neither burned nor dried. He is everlasting, present everywhere, unchangeable, immovable and eternally the same
- This process, the chanting process, will purify our heart, our burning heart, and one will come to the understanding that "I am eternal servitor of the Supreme, Krsna"
- Thus the nonbelievers almost burned to ashes and died out of envy. To retaliate, they planned various ways to give trouble to Srivasa Thakura
- Water mixed with yogurt, sandalwood pulp and flowers was sprinkled all around the doors, which were also decorated with burning lamps of different sizes. Over all the doors were decorations of fresh mango leaves and silk festoons
- We have to inform people that there is a fire of maya which is burning the very vitality of all living entities, and they should guard against the indefatigable onslaught of material existence. That should be our motto
- When a devotee is completely purified, he becomes anyabhilasita-sunya. In other words, all of his material desires become zero, being burnt to ashes, and he exists either as the Lord's servant, friend, father, mother or conjugal lover
- When a man is aggrieved, he feels exactly like a burnt leaf in a forest fire
- When all the inhabitants of Vrndavana smelled the good aroma from the smoke of the burning Putana, they inquired from each other, “Where is this good fragrance coming from?” While conversing, they understood that it was the fumes of the burning Putana
- When Cupid was burned to ashes by the anger of Lord Siva, he merged into the body of Vasudeva, and to get his body again he was begotten in the womb of Rukmini by Lord Krsna Himself
- When Duryodhana saw that Maharaja Yudhisthira had become very famous after performing the Rajasuya-yajna and was fully satisfied in every respect, he began to burn with the fire of envy because his mind was always poisonous
- When he (Bali Maharaja) assembled with his own soldiers and the demon chiefs, who were equal to him in strength, opulence and beauty, they appeared as if they would swallow the sky and burn all directions with their vision
- When I (Agnidhra) look at your (Purvacitti's) beautiful circular hips, I see they are the lovely color of kadamba flowers, and your waist is encircled by a belt of burning cinders. Indeed, you seem to have forgotten to dress yourself
- When Maharaja Pariksit heard this incident of Kalayavana's being burned to ashes, he inquired about the sleeping man from Sukadeva Gosvami, "Who was he? Why was he sleeping there"
- When the Bakasura demon was swallowing up Krsna, he felt a burning, fiery sensation in his throat. This was due to the glowing effulgence of Krsna
- When the flame of one candle is expanded to another candle and placed in a different position, it burns separately, and its illumination is as powerful as the original candle's
- When the Rbhu demigods attacked the ghosts and Guhyakas with half-burned fuel from the yajna fire, all these attendants of Sati fled in different directions and disappeared. This was possible simply because of brahma-tejas, brahminical power
- When the Siva-jvara personified was released, he had three heads and three legs, and as he came toward Krsna it appeared that he was burning everything to ashes. He was so powerful that he made blazing fire appear in all directions
- While outside observing her husband, who will burn in the fire of mystic power along with his thatched cottage, his chaste wife will enter the fire with rapt attention
- While talking about finishing off the whole Kuru Dynasty, Lord Balarama seemed so furious that He looked as if He could burn the whole cosmic creation to ashes
- Within the walls of the houses, fragrant incense was burning, and smoke rose through the windows, making the entire atmosphere very pleasing
- You can catch it as iron rod, but touch anywhere it will burn. It has got the quality of fire. Similarly, if you always keep yourself in Krsna consciousness then you become spiritualized. You'll act spiritually. No more material demands
- You cannot approach even sun. The scientists say even from so many millions of miles away, if a planet or somebody goes near the sun, immediately he will be burned into ashes
- You have numberless arms, and the sun and moon are Your eyes. I see You with blazing fire coming forth from Your mouth, burning this entire universe by Your own radiance
- You'll simply hankering after, but there will be no satisfaction. Therefore Narottama says, visaya-visanale. Visaya means these material demands, eating, sleeping, mating, these are called visaya. They are just like poison, fire. So everyone is burning