Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:1080 Videos of Srila Prabhupada - By Theme
Here is a thematic listing of 1080 video clips totaling 102 hours 18 minutes & 27 seconds.
- These clips took 23 months to create - from March 2013 (Gaura Purnima) to February 2015 (Nityananda Trayodasi)
- These 1080 video clips have been created from lectures and conversations given by Srila Prabhupada.
- 207 clips, totaling 18 hours 54 minutes & 51 seconds, are from live footage of Srila Prabhupada.
- 873 clips, totaling 83 hours, 23 minutes & 36 seconds, are from photos of Srila Prabhupada.
- Average time per clip is 5 minutes & 41 seconds.
- Each Vaniquotes page includes the text, an audio file and a link to the YouTube video.
- Each Vaniquotes page facilitates the reader to link into Vanipedia's thematic mapping of Srila Prabhupada's teachings.
These videos are being translated in many languages by devotees of Srila Prabhupada who are coming together from all around the globe to create this unparalleled repository of his lectures and conversations subtitled in their own languages. To date 505 devotees have participated to create 25,000+ subtitles in 87 languages. As more of these videos are subtitled we facilitate people speaking various languages to see and hear from Srila Prabhupada.
All these translations also exist as Vanipedia pages. Each page is accompanied by an audio clip, a video clip with subtitles, a link to the original Vaniquotes page in English and a link to the original Vanisource page in English.
We aspire to get to 108+ languages and 26,000+ subtitles by February 2017 which commemorates the 51st anniversary of Srila Prabhupada's first ever recorded speech the introduction to the Bhagavad-gita As It Is which he recorded in New York on the 19th and 20th of February 1966.
- You can read about the whole project, receive some instructions for translators to start serving and see the empowered results of the translators who are already serving.
You are invited to relish the content within these videos, and if inspired to also join one of the translation teams. In either case you are warmly welcomed to open your hearts to the words of His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada.
This category has the following 33 subcategories, out of 33 total.
- ► Srila Prabhupada's Pastimes - videos (51 P)
- ► Becoming Guru - videos (30 P)
- ► Krsna's Omnipotence - videos (1 C, 370 P)
- ► Learn to See God - videos (58 P)
- ► Spreading Krsna Consciousness - videos (258 P)
- ► Worldly Affairs - videos (216 P)
Pages in category "1080 Videos of Srila Prabhupada - By Theme"
The following 7 pages are in this category, out of 7 total.
- Seeing Srikanta Sena, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu bestowed causeless mercy upon him. Srikanta Sena stayed near Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu for about two months at Jagannatha Puri
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked, "Where should the living entity live, abandoning all other places?" Ramananda Raya replied, "He should live in the holy place known as Vrndavana or Vrajabhumi, where the Lord performed His rasa dance"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu used to sit beneath the old tamarind tree and chant the holy name of the Lord. At noon He would return to Akrura-tirtha to take lunch
- Such an empowered person would request everyone and anyone - whomever he saw - to chant the holy name of Krsna. In this way all the villagers would also become devotees of the Supreme Personality of Godhead