Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
utter | utterance | utterances | uttered | uttering | utterings | utters
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Caitanya's Uttering (6 P)
Pages in category "Utter"
The following 88 pages are in this category, out of 88 total.
- A helpless man can feelingly utter the holy name of the Lord, whereas a man who utters the same holy name in great material satisfaction cannot be so sincere.
- A person on religious category, he's advocating something, oh, it is not to be uttered. Homosex. You see? He's advocating homosex. Just see. These has been topsy-turvied
- A sinful man can perform many, many sinful activities, but he is unable to perform so many that they cannot be wiped out by one single uttering of Krsna
- A sinful man is very expert to commit sinful activities, but the holy name of Krsna is so strong that he will be unable to commit so much sins as can be extinguished simply by uttering once the name of Lord Visnu or Krsna
- Actually the Lord's holy name has such powerful potency. But there is a quality to such utterances also. It depends on the quality of feeling
- After hearing him (the brahmana), Arjuna immediately prepared himself by touching sanctified water and uttering holy mantras to protect his bows and arrows from danger
- After uttering the word ‘atmaramah' fifty-eight times and taking ‘ca' in a sense of aggregation, one may add the word ‘munayah.' That will mean that great sages also render devotional service to Lord Krsna. In this way there are fifty-nine meanings
- After uttering the word 'atmaramah' fifty-eight times and taking 'ca' in a sense of aggregation, one may add the word 'munayah.' That will mean that great sages also render devotional service to Lord Krsna. In this way there are fifty-nine meanings
- Again and again Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked the boy to chant the name of Krsna, but the boy would not utter the holy name
- All the sages uttered with great respect: O unconquerable enjoyer of all sacrifices, all glories and all victories unto You
- Along with the devotees from Bengal came a gentleman named Kalidasa. He never uttered anything but the holy name of Krsna
- Although he spoke Your name three times, he did not utter the name 'Krsna.' Because he uttered Your name in contempt, I was very much aggrieved
- Although Sivananda Sena tried with much endeavor to get his boy to speak Krsna's holy name, the boy would not utter it
- Although the names of Indra and Agni are sometimes uttered in the Vedic mantras (indraya svaha, agnaye svaha), the Vedic sacrifices are actually performed for the satisfaction of Lord Visnu
- Anyone who hears my name loses the results of his pious activities. Anyone who utters my name becomes sinful
- Because they (the Mayavadis) are offenders at the lotus feet of Krsna, they are actually unable to utter the holy name of Krsna
- Bhrgu Muni saw the danger and, offering oblations into the southern side of the sacrificial fire, immediately uttered mantric hymns from the Yajur Veda by which the destroyers of yajnic performances could be killed immediately
- By possessing all these material assets one becomes artificially puffed up, intoxicated by such temporary possessions. Consequently, such materially puffed up persons are incapable of uttering the holy name of the Lord by addressing Him feelingly
- Due to grief, Arjuna's mouth and lotuslike heart had dried up. Therefore his body lost all luster. Now, remembering the Supreme Lord, he could hardly utter a word in reply
- During this strife between Balarama and Rukmi, Lord Krsna did not utter a word, for He knew that if He supported Balarama, Rukmini would be unhappy, and if He said that the killing of Rukmi was unjust, then Balarama would be unhappy
- Factually both the Kasira and the Saranatha Mayavadis, as well as any other philosophers who have no knowledge of the spirit soul, are advocates of utter materialism. None of them have clear knowledge regarding the Absolute or the spiritual world
- For example, the maha-mantra (Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare/ Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare) when uttered very softly only for one's own hearing is called japa
- If one who is eager for devotional service utters the holy name even partially or improperly, the holy name, which is identical with the Supreme Personality of Godhead, exhibits its spiritual potency because of that person's offenseless utterance
- In this condition one utters prayers and does not reply to others' inquiries. Looking at one's own body, concealing one's desires and not heeding the words of others are symptoms visible in the ecstasy of garva
- In those hours when His (Krsna's) value was minimized, He, being the Supreme Soul, used to tolerate all those utterings of mine, excusing me exactly as a true friend excuses his true friend, or a father excuses his son
- It does not mean that "We shall not utter even the name of gopis. We have taken vow to boycott the gopis." No. They are our worshipable devotees. How we can avoid them?
- It is customary that Siva is one of those who are offered respects, but Sati, while personally present in the arena, saw that the brahmanas did not utter the mantra offering oblations to Lord Siva, namah sivaya svaha
- It is said in the sastras that by once uttering the holy name of the Lord, the sinner gets rid of a quantity of sins that he is unable to commit
- It is the duty of a chaste wife, devoted to her husband, not to utter her husband's name, but all of you chant the name of Krsna. How can this be called a religious principle
- Krsna continued, "I was surprised to see that you (Rukmini) did not utter even a word of protest over this incident. Because of your great anxiety that you might be separated from Me, you suffered all the consequences without speaking even a word"
- Krsna went on speaking, "But at least if you utter the name of Balarama, they may prefer to give in charity to a ksatriya rather than to Me, because I am only a vaisya"
- Narottama dasa Thakura says, "When that day will come, so that simply by uttering the name of Lord Caitanya there will be a shivering on my body?"
- Nityananda Prabhu requested everyone to serve Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, chant His glories and utter His name. Nityananda Prabhu claimed that person to be His life and soul who rendered devotional service unto Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Not to speak of a sanctified devotee, even a candala, an outcaste, who is untouchable, is immediately freed from material bondage if he utters the holy name of the Lord even once
- On the other hand, they captivate My heart who are gladdened in heart and who, their lotus faces enlightened by nectarean smiles, respect the brahmanas, even though the brahmanas utter harsh words
- Only a liberated, highly evolved soul can utter the Lord's name purely and thus achieve the highest realization, untainted love of Godhead
- Since omkara is the basic principle of all Vedic knowledge, it is uttered before one begins to chant any Vedic hymn. Without omkara, no Vedic mantra is successful
- So the Visnudutas say that "Even though one has committed so many sinful activities, if at the..., if once he utters the holy name of Narayana, he becomes free immediately." That's a fact. It is not exaggeration
- Sometimes it so happens that one who wants to chastise Krsna utters the holy name, and thus the holy name becomes the cause of his liberation
- Sometimes there are other symptoms, like rubbing the two hands, clacking the teeth, clamping the lips, moving the eyebrows, scratching the arms, lowering the head, breathing rapidly, uttering strong words, nodding the head
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "The Mayavadi impersonalists are great offenders unto Lord Krsna; therefore they simply utter the words 'Brahman,' 'atma' and 'caitanya'"
- Sri Rupa Gosvami said, "I do not know anything. The only transcendental words I can utter are those which Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu makes me speak"
- Suta Gosvami is twice addressed by Saunaka Gosvami out of great joy because he and the members of the assembly were eager to hear the text of Bhagavatam uttered by Sukadeva Gosvami
- The Bhattacarya, who had taken pleasure in explaining Mayavada philosophy, became such a staunch devotee that he hated even to utter the word mukti. This is possible only by the causeless mercy of Lord Sri Caitanya
- The brahmana said, "As soon as I uttered Your name before him, he immediately confirmed the fact that he knew Your name"
- The brahmana was astonished to see that the sannyasi Prakasananda could not vibrate the sound Krsna even once, although he uttered the name Caitanya several times
- The holy name has so much spiritual potency that it can deliver one from all sinful reactions and material entanglements, but utterance of the holy name will not be very soon fruitful if done to facilitate sinning
- The Kama-gayatri is not uttered under certain circumstances. In any case, the chanting of Hare Krsna is sufficient to elevate one to the highest spiritual platform
- The letters of the holy name have so much spiritual potency that they act even when uttered improperly
- The Muslim secretary came to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. When he offered his respects to the Lord's lotus feet and uttered the holy name of the Lord, "Krsna, Krsna," he also was overwhelmed with ecstatic love
- The pious results derived from chanting the thousand holy names of Visnu three times can be attained by only one utterance of the holy name of Krsna
- The specific utterance of Srimad-Bhagavatam in regard to "other animals" means that persons who are simply engaged in planning a better type of animal life consisting of eating, breathing and mating are also animals in the shape of human beings
- The three words om tat sat are uttered in conjunction with the holy name of the Supreme Lord, e.g., om tad visnoh. Whenever a Vedic hymn or the holy name of the Supreme Lord is uttered, om is added
- The transcendental name of Krsna, even though uttered unconsciously or by force of circumstances, can help one obtain freedom from the hurdle of birth and death
- The word 'api' is then used in the sense of ascertainment, and then the word 'eva' can be uttered four times with four words
- These persons (who died in Mathura) had a slight breathing exhiliration, their eyes were wide open, the colors of their bodies were changed, and they began to utter the holy name of Krsna. In this condition they gave up their material bodies
- They did not even observe common formalities of civilized society, and in the presence of Lord Balarama they uttered insulting words about the Yadu dynasty. Having spoken in this unmannerly way, they returned to their city of Hastinapura
- This flute is utterly unfit because it is merely a dead bamboo stick. Moreover, it belongs to the male sex
- This Hare Krsna is so easy to utter, that any man can utter. That we have experienced. Any part of the world, we chant Hare Krsna, and they can very easily imitate and chant
- Those who are unable to utter immediately the Sweet Name of Krishna, they are recommended to chant Om
- Those who worship Narayana first of all utter the name of Laksmi, as Laksmi-Narayana. Similarly, those who worship Lord Rama first of all utter the name of Sita. In any case - Sita-Rama, Radha-Krsna, Laksmi-Narayana - the potency always comes first
- To say nothing of the spiritual advancement of persons who see the Supreme Person face to face, even a person born in a family of dog-eaters becomes immediately eligible to perform Vedic sacrifices if he once utters the holy name of the S P of Godhead
- We therefore pray unto You, O Lord, for You are very affectionate to Your devotees. Please help us remember You and utter Your holy names, attributes and activities, which can dispel all the reactions of our sinful lives
- When all the animals fled, the hunter wanted to chastise Narada with abusive language, but due to Narada's presence, he could not utter anything abusive
- When somehow or other uttered even once by a living entity, the holy name awards him liberation. The holy name of Krsna is the highest nectar. It is my very life and my (Sanatana Gosvami's) only treasure
- When that time will come when torrents of tears shall pour from my eyes simply by uttering the Name of Gauranga
- When the Mayavadis pretend to perform kirtana or hold discourses on the Bhagavatam for personal name and fame, they may sing and talk about Brahman, Caitanya, and Paramatma, but they cannot utter Lord Krsna's name
- When we chant, when we utter the bija mantra that we utter loudly. That is required. That is japa. So this mantra is mahamantra and it should be chanted loudly, or as you like. There is no such restriction
- Whenever anyone had to speak, he did so by uttering the holy name of Krsna. Consequently, the holy name of Krsna became an indication for everyone who wanted something
- While finding fault with You, he uttered Your name three times, saying Caitanya, Caitanya, Caitanya
- While performing a fire sacrifice, one pronounces the word svaha in mantras such as indraya svaha and adityaya svaha. These mantras are uttered to satisfy the Supreme Personality of Godhead through demigods such as Indra and Aditya
- Why could Prakasananda not utter the names 'Krsna' and 'Hari'? He chanted the name 'Caitanya' thrice. As far as I am concerned, simply by seeing You I am moved to chant the holy names 'Krsna' and 'Hari'