Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
translatable | translate | translated | translates | translating | translational | translations | translator | translators
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Translate"
The following 43 pages are in this category, out of 43 total.
- According to Sanskrit, the dharma, the word dharma, that is translated into "religion," and religion means a kind of faith. But it is not like that. It is a science to understand your real identification
- As mentioned above, the title may be properly translated as "the character of the living force in immortality"
- As we have seen our spiritual master translate this word rasa into "mellow," we shall follow in his footsteps and also translate the word in that way
- As you can see from other important magazines like "Life" and "Time" they are distributed in foreign countries is the same name without being translated into the local language. If you think that such change will be more convenient, I have no objection
- Dharma generally in English is translated: religion. Religion means a kind of faith
- Dharma is generally translated by the English word "religion." But religion is misunderstood. It is taken as a faith. Faith I may believe, faith, or may not believe. But actually, dharma does not mean. Dharma means occupation, which you cannot change
- Dharma is translated in English as "religion," but actually, it does not convey the real import of dharma. As I have many times explained in these meetings, that dharma means some particular characteristic which you cannot change
- Dharma means it is translated into English as "religion." And religion means a kind of faith. But so far the Sanskrit word dharma is there, it does not mean a kind of faith. It is a fact
- English translation of Caitanya Caritamrta by Nogen Roy have been seen by me. There is no commentary and therefore it can be read
- Even though the transcendental subject matter of Vedic literature is still spiritually potent despite the crudest translation, still, because we have got facility to make it perfect, that is our philosophy
- I have not received the Bengali Bhagavata Darsana yet. We want first class printing - offset method is cheaper and good. You may use Srila Bhaktivinode Thakura's translation of the Siksastakam
- I have received so many samples of translations from different persons. Most of them are not very good. Of all, I like the Goswami Nrsimha Vallabha
- I recommend that all my students read Brahma Samhita very carefully, especially because it was translated personally by my spiritual master
- I wrote you one letter regarding the translation work of Nrsimhavallabha Goswami and sons. I have not received any reply from you although I am very much anxious to know the result
- If our books were translated into Japanese language, it will be a great help to us and to you also because it will be another opportunity for printing books. So, why not give us a good translator who can regularly translate all our books into Japanese?
- If you are going to Vrindaban that will be a good opportunity to sit down and transcribe my Bengali tapes because there is Bengali typewriter in Vrindaban. You may also translate other things as you have mentioned, that is nice
- If you practice, then you become learned scholars, simply by chanting these mantras, and the translation, transcendental vibration, will keep you fit for spiritual advancement
- Immediately send the translation work to me in Bombay or you can read it yourself, compare with the original book and if possible re-write or copy and send it to me at the Bombay address
- It is also encouraging to note that one educated boy is wanting to translate some of our literature into Tamil language, so encourage him
- Krsna has given you very nice occupation, translation work, and you are earning your livelihood independently. So do it very nicely. And if there is strain to work, then don't work
- Krsna is the reservoir of all rasas. Rasa is a very peculiar word. Rasa may be translated into English as taste, as mellow, or as humor. So our relationship with Krsna, there is some taste. Without taste, we cannot continue our relationship with anyone
- Next book is coming, Nectar of Devotion. It is the authorized translation of Rupa Gosvami's book, Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu
- No mundane scholar can translate or reveal the true import of the Vedic mantras (hymns). They cannot be understood unless one is inspired or initiated by the authorized spiritual master
- The actual translation of the word yoga is "plus." At the present moment we are minus God, or minus the Supreme. But when we make ourselves plus - connected - then our human form of life is perfect
- The poet or writer dealing with transcendental subject matters is not an ordinary writer or translator. Because he is empowered by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, whatever he writes becomes very effective
- The reading matter of Srimad-Bhagavatam is so arranged with its original Sanskrit text, its English transliteration, synonyms, translation and purports so that one is sure to become a God-realized soul at the end of finishing the first nine cantos
- The system is that I give the original verse, its English transliteration, word-for-word Sanskrit-English equivalents, translations and purports. This makes the book very authentic and scholarly and makes the meaning self-evident
- The technical terms used in the astronomical calculations given by the Jyotir Veda are difficult to translate into English
- The word guru may be translated as "heavy," or "the supreme"
- The words Caitanya-caritamrta, then, may be translated as “the character of the living force in immortality.”
- There are different translations. Therefore I have given this edition, Bhagavad-gita As It Is. There are interpretations
- This devotional service begins simply by hearing and chanting. We have got all these books. Anyone can take advantage of these books. Now it is translated into English. Of course, we are getting very, very good, encouraging reports from Western countries
- This kaisora age can be translated as adolescence. At the end of this period all the gopis said, "Krsna is the killer of the attraction of Cupid, and as such He disturbs the patience of all newly-married girls"
- Translation of prayers into English is good and if somebody dresses like nice American gentleman without any robes, I have no objection; but every one of my disciples must have the flag and marks of tilak on forehead