Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
rooms | room
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Room"
The following 150 pages are in this category, out of 150 total.
- A greater mrdanga. We are chanting, playing our mrdanga. It is heard within this room or little more. But this mrdanga will go home to home, country to country, community to community, this mrdanga
- Advaita Acarya took Lord Nityananda Prabhu and Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu within the room, and the two Lords saw the arrangement of the prasadam. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was especially very pleased
- After cleansing the rooms and floors such kind of auspicious paintings are done every morning or in every ceremony. In Bhagavad-gita is is said that they are part and parcel of religious life. In most cases these engagements are meant for the women
- After offering obeisances to the tulasi plant and Haridasa Thakura, she sat down on the threshold of the room. Thus she began to hear Haridasa Thakura's chanting, and she also personally chanted "Hari, Hari," the holy name of the Lord
- After Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya washed the Lord's feet, the Lord entered the room to take His lunch
- After saying this, Jagadananda Pandita took the jug of oil from the room and threw it down before Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu in the courtyard and broke it
- After the room was washed, the water was let out through an outlet, and it then flowed and filled the yard outside
- Almost all the palaces were skyscrapers. In each and every house there were underground rooms containing big golden and silver pots for stocking grain. And there were many golden waterpots within the rooms
- Along with the restaurants there can be "Bhaktivedanta Reading Room'' where all my books can be kept and people can come and sit comfortably and read. The people will like these restaurants and reading rooms. They will take them as non-sectarian
- Ananda cannot be impersonal. You can make experiment. Suppose if you are put into a big room without any man coming there, so you cannot feel very comfortable for long time. You will feel lonely. You shall try to come out
- Any Life Patron Member can live in a Guest room for a period not exceeding three days free of charge
- Any student who comes here (Vrndavana) for studying further in K.C. will have no difficulty for room, board, and tuition. It is a good opportunity for our students, and I shall be very glad to learn how many of you desire to come
- Anyone who chants and follows the rules and regulations, where is there room for anxiety for him?
- As a blazing fire burns everything within a room, Lord Visnu, situated in the heart of the yogi, burns up all kinds of impurities
- Balarama also embraced Akrura. Taking him by the hand, Krsna and Balarama brought him to Their sitting room, where They offered him a very nice sitting place and water for washing his feet
- Because of the grievous hurt imposed upon her by Krsna's sucking her breast, Putana, while dying, not only left the room but abandoned the village and fell down in the pasturing ground in her gigantic body
- Being ordered by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Vasudeva prepared to take his son (Krsna) from the delivery room, and exactly at that time, a daughter was born to Nanda and Yasoda. She was Yogamaya, the internal potency of the Lord
- Berlin is one of the most important cities in Europe and is one of the gateways to the communist world, and since your temple has a central location with good room space, everything is set for our preaching program
- Bhagavata communism says that even if you have got a lizard in your room, you must give him something to eat. If you have got a serpent in your room, you must give it something to eat. Nobody in your house should starve
- Did the Oberoi-Sheraton purchase the books? The hotels must purchase the books for putting in their rooms
- Do you think all the caves of the mountains they are now closed? There are many caves. If you want at all shelter, there are already there are natural rooms, apartment. (everyone laughs) You can live there
- Go hastily, while he is in the assembly room. Hearing this, Pradyumna Misra immediately departed
- God has created so many witnesses. The first witness is surya, the sun. How you can go away from the sunlight? Anywhere you go... We are in this room. Because it is daytime, the sunlight is there. Suryah agnih. Agnih means fire
- God is not such a subject matter that you can see with this pratyaksa, direct perception. God's another name is Anubhava. Anubhava. Just like in this room we do not see the sun directly. But we know that there is sun
- Govinda kept accumulating the food, and soon it filled a corner of the room. There was quite enough to feed at least a hundred people
- Govinda said, "Kindly turn on one side. Let me pass to enter the room." However, the Lord replied, "I don't have the strength to move My body"
- Govinda thoroughly emptied the bags from the previous year and kept them in another room to fill them with other goods
- Grha means compact in a room. So I am the living entity, spirit soul, I am compact within this body, encaged, or I am encaged within this universe. This is also compact
- Haridasa Thakura replied, "Immediately go home and distribute to the brahmanas whatever property you have. Then come back to this room and stay here forever in Krsna consciousness"
- He says, "I do not want to chant in a room with women"
- He would like to stay with us very much so see that full prasadam as well as a room is given during his stay in Vrndavana
- Here in Vrindaban I have secured full cooperation of my god-brother Swami Bon, and he has very kindly offered me full tuition, room, boarding, etc., for at least ten students among my disciples, who may come for further study in the matter of K.C.
- How the living entity becomes liberated from the modes of material nature after surrendering unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead is illustrated by the example of a sleeping man within a room
- I am glad to hear also that you have made my rooms very nicely painted and cleansed. Now I shall be coming there by early October and I want to stay in those rooms, so you may prepare them for me very nicely and decorate with flowers, etc
- I am in possession of the two rooms and the verandah in Radha Damodara Temple
- I am pleased to learn that the devotees who will be going to India are taking twenty paintings with them to our Mayapur center. I want that all rooms and verandas and especially the Deity hall should have first class paintings
- I have got no shortage of places to live, 85 branches around the world, but because it is Rupa Goswami's place and I want to do some service, therefore I want to keep these rooms
- I have no objection if Aravinda stays in my room for a few days more before returning to USA. Of course, it is not proper formal etiquette, but if he is insisting, what can be done?
- I received report that he was talking privately in his room with a woman, and if anybody would try to come in, then he would get angry, saying get out, get out. What is this? In India private talks with woman are immediately condemned
- I want that all rooms and verandas in Mayapura and especially the Deity hall should have first class paintings. They will appreciate how expertly the American artists are doing
- I wish to take one apartment of 780 square feet consisting of one sitting room, two bedrooms, one reading room, two bathrooms, dining place and corridor. Kindly let me know what is the price and how you are receiving money for this purpose
- I would like to especially invite you to come here to Bombay. We have kept two rooms vacated for you, so you can come with your wife and family to visit
- I would like to have you come and stay with me while I am there in Hawaii. I will arrange a nice room for you and any other facilities you may require. I am hoping that you will consider this carefully to my Bombay address
- If everything is going on nicely, so how you can say that God is dead? Things are going on. Just like the heat and light is there; therefore, even though you are within the room, you can understand the sun is there
- If somebody comes and drives us out of this room, that does not mean I am finished. I shall go and take shelter of another room. Similarly, when the soul, when the body is killed or annihilated by nature or by force, the soul takes shelter of another body
- If sun can penetrate within your room, cannot Krsna penetrate within your heart and room and every corner?
- If the tenants become devotees and follow our principles, arising early like the others, then we can forgo their rent, but no nonsense concessions of sitting room
- If you are chanting within this room and if you find nobody is coming to participate in the kirtana, don't be disappointed. There are many germs, worms, cockroaches, within this room - they are being benefited
- If you are confined in a room alone, you may go on, you may engage yourself in reading some particular book or in some particular thought, but still, you cannot remain alone for all the years and all the time
- If you go (to Mayapur), then I shall arrange to give you a very nice room completely for your use and you can peacefully engage in your painting work and read Srimad-Bhagavatam as well as join in with the devotees for regular kirtana, arati, and prasadam
- In a friendly way, the Lord said, "Sir, I have come to your house as your guest, but upon seeing Me you hid yourself in your room. What kind of etiquette is this?"
- In Calcutta Museum, in our childhood - it may be still existing - we saw one skeleton of a fish that is bigger than this room, a skeleton. It is hanging on the ceiling
- In great eagerness, Caitanya Mahaprabhu crossed the meeting hall and entered the room where food was offered, just to see the face of Lord Jagannatha
- In great haste Paramananda Puri Gosani went before Him and with great humility persuaded Him to sit down in His room
- In Krsna consciousness there is no scope for worshiping any demigod or any other form of Krsna, nor is there room for indulgence in speculative empiric philosophy, nor indulgence in fruitive activities. One should be free from all these contaminations
- In London at the Vyasa Puja ceremony during the offering of flowers you, Syamasundara and Mukunda left the room. So questioned by a devotee I might have said something like that. But forget it now
- In my room at Radha Damodara Temple you should keep one photo of me and offer to it Prasadam of Sri Radha Damodara
- In that very room he cooked the flesh of a cow for three consecutive days. Then the next day he left, accompanied by his followers
- In the temple, Lord Visnu, His throne, His room and all other things associated with the temple are transcendental. The three modes, sattva-guna, rajo-guna and tamo-guna, have no entrance into the temple
- In this way all the rooms were cleansed with a hundred waterpots. After the rooms had been cleansed, the minds of the devotees were as clean as the rooms
- In this way the meeting place was washed, the entire yard, the raised sitting places, the kitchen and every other room
- In this way, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu first washed the main temple and then thoroughly washed the ceiling, the walls, the floor, the sitting place (simhasana) and everything else within the room
- Incense burned within the walls of the palace, and the fragrant smoke leaked out of the window shutters. Within the room were mattresses covered with white bedsheets; the bedding was as soft and white as milk foam
- Innumerable Vaikuntha planets, which are just like different rooms of a treasure-house, are all there, filled with all opulences. Those unlimited planets house the Lord's eternal associates, who are also enriched with the six opulences
- It is better if the grhasthas have a separate asrama, just like in Los Angeles the married disciples rent rooms together in one apartment house near the temple and live there separately, and in this way no one is disturbed
- It is owner's residence and therefore the sitting room, bedroom, bath and privy all equipped with first class materials. Everything is nice in the 1st class compartment and thanks to Krishna for His enlightening Sumati Moraji for all these arrangements
- It is very nice that the U. P. State Ministry has booked eleven double rooms in our guesthouse. Kindly give them a good reception and food and deal very nicely with them in all respects
- Kamsa appeared with great force in the maternity room, and in spite of Devaki's pleas that the child be saved, the demon forcibly snatched the child from Devaki's hands and dashed the child against a rock
- Kardama Muni, being a saintly person, was living in a humble hermitage, but when he saw the palace constructed by his yogic powers, which was full of resting rooms, rooms for sex enjoyment, and inner and outer yards, he himself was astonished
- Krsna is here and He's not only in the other room, other building, other city, other universe - everywhere. That is Krsna. It is stated - not that we are imagining, because we take evidence from the Vedic literatures
- Krsna, having been interrupted in His business of sucking the breast, was very angry. He took a piece of stone, broke the churning pot and entered a room, where He began to eat the freshly churned butter
- Modern politicians should take lessons from Maharaja Yudhisthira about voluntary retirement from active life and should make room for the younger generation
- Mukunda Datta then copied the two verses on the wall outside the room. After this, Jagadananda took the palm leaf from Mukunda Datta and delivered it to Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- My sweetness also has no room for expansion, yet it shines before that mirror in newer and newer beauty
- On the southern side of the kitchen were two rooms for offering food, and in one of them the food was offered to Salagrama Narayana
- One gentleman has come to me here in Indore and he has offered us one small Krsna Temple in Vrndavana with room for about 20-25 men
- One of the boats had been newly constructed, and it had a room in the middle. It was on this boat that they put Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates
- One should not touch the Deity in a dark room. 2) One should not fail to strictly follow the rules and regulations in worshiping the Deity. 3) One should not enter the temple of the Deity without first making some sound
- Our new temple house is very, very nice, and the boys and girls here have renovated and decorated it very gorgeously. When the temple room is complete with the new altars, thrones, etc. I will send you some pictures
- Our philosophy is that expanded - not only human being but animals also. Our philosophy is, if there is one lizard in your room, I should see that he is not starving. This is our philosophy. Not only human being but animals, even an insect
- Our temple is the only Krsna Balarama temple in Vrindaban and it will be so attractive that people will automatically come and see. That quarter is aristocratic and our temple is unique. From Bombay and Delhi we can rent rooms in the temple
- Please give Sri Brahma Gopal Dutta and his family free accommodation in a private room in our guest house whenever he comes as well as Prasadam. If he wishes to stay beyond three (3) days, he will pay the normal guest rates. Mr. Dutta is from Katwa
- Please give that room to Me, for I have a need for it. Indeed, I shall remember the lotus feet of the Lord sitting in that solitary place
- Radha's love is all-pervading, leaving no room for expansion. But still it is expanding constantly
- Raghava Pandita delivered the bags of eatables to Govinda, who kept them in a corner of the dining room
- Regarding the drawing for the TLC, you can do it in the same lines as it was done previously. Your drawing for the room of Sanatana Goswami is approved by me. Also approved by me is the sketch by Pariksit Das
- Regarding your desire to preach in Hindi and English, that is very nice. My suggestion is that you purchase one or two rooms in our Vrindaban centre. The price is Rs. 50,000 for one room or 60,000 for two rooms and you may have your choice of commodes
- Round about our temple there are many apartment houses constructed. Will you enquire about an apartment not less than three rooms and up to four rooms and find out what is the price and what are the terms
- Sanjaya was a student of Vyasa, and therefore, by the mercy of Vyasa, Sanjaya was able to envision the Battlefield of Kuruksetra even while he was in the room of Dhrtarastra
- Since Jagannatha Puri and Navadvipa are intimately related - as if they were two rooms in the same house - people from Navadvipa generally go to Jagannatha Puri, and those in Jagannatha Puri go to Navadvipa
- Skyscraper buildings are no better than caves. They live here, and here is bathroom, here is kitchen, here is room, three inches. Is that advanced civilization?
- Some of the gopis were factually detained from going to Krsna by their husbands and were locked up by force within their rooms
- Some people were filling the pots, and others were washing the rooms, but everyone was engaged in chanting the holy name of Krsna and Hari
- Sri Advaita Prabhu said, "My dear Lords, kindly enter this room." The two brothers, Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Nityananda Prabhu, then came forward to take the prasadam
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu never even joked with others' wives. As soon as He saw a woman coming, He would immediately give her ample room to pass without talking. He was extremely strict regarding the association of women
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then said, "Nearby My place, in this garden of flowers, is a single room that is very solitary"
- Sriman Sri Krishna Badruka, son of Hariprasada Badruka, who is staying in our temple there, may stay for one month more. By the end of January he will leave his room
- Suppose you are destined to occupy some room, and somebody does not allow you to enter that room, is it not criminal?
- That atma is present within this body, that is understood by the presence of consciousness. Just like we are here in this room, but this light is the reflection of the sunshine. We understand there is sun in the sky
- That is mosquito and gun. (laughter) Student, you have got four. And managers? Three hundred. One manager requires three rooms, another four rooms. This is waste. One manager, first see at least fifty students. Then you can become manager
- The (Bhetnama) room is his for his lifetime only, it is not that anyone coming after him or his sons or family after his demise can use the room
- The first thing is that nobody should enter my room for any other purpose except cleansing. Nobody can stay there or sleep there or anything
- The Lord asked, "How did you enter the room? Why didn't you go out to take your lunch in the same way"
- The Lord mopped the rooms with His own clothes, and He polished the throne with them also
- The loud sound of the chanting of the Hare Krsna mantra certainly made the Kazi very much afraid, and he hid himself within his room. Hearing the people thus protesting, murmuring in great anger, the Kazi would not come out of his home
- The other room was for Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's lunch. The Lord's lunchroom was very secluded, and it was newly constructed by the Bhattacarya
- The prasadam room should be immediately cleaned after taking prasadam, otherwise you are inviting rats. Be careful
- The proposal for selling rooms should be dropped for the time being unless you take instruction from Giriraja how to take contributions from the prospective clients
- The proprietor of the senses is God. Just like we are sitting in this room. This room is allotted for our sitting under some consideration of rent or whatever it may be, but this room is not ours
- The prostitute shaved her head clean in accordance with Vaisnava principles and stayed in that room wearing only one cloth
- The room was so constructed that there was only one door opening on the outside, which served as an entrance for Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. There was another door attached to the kitchen, and it was through this door that the food was brought
- The rooms (in Kubja's house) were provided with flower garlands and were nicely scented with incense and sprinkled with scented water. And the rooms were illuminated by nice lamps
- The rooms were very dilapitated so he proposed that I fix the rooms and whatever I pay as rent would be all right. I invested about 1,000 Rs/. and paid him 5 Rs/. monthly, recently I have increased the monthly payment to 10 Rs
- The seven persons headed by Svarupa Damodara who were engaged in distributing prasadam to others then took their meals within the room
- The sixty-four items are as follows: (1) There must be a big bell hanging in front of the temple room so that whoever comes into the room can ring the bell. This item is called prabodhana, or offering oneself submissively to the Lord
- The small room beyond the corridor is called the Gambhira. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu used to stay in that room, but He did not sleep for a moment. All night He used to grind His mouth and head on the wall, and His face sustained injuries all over
- The society girls of heaven are lusty, and Urvasi was very eager to contact Arjuna, the strongest human being. She met him in his room and expressed her desires
- There is a church in the United Nations, and we tried to get a room there for making our propaganda. The church unity denied to give us. So their crippled mind is not expanded. Sa mahatma... Mahatma means broad-minded
- There is actually no room for extracting some alternative meaning and then giving a so-called esoteric dissertation on Bhagavad-gita
- There is no need of rezoning, because we are Krsna, Hare Krsna community. So wherever we live, we worship Krsna. It is not a public show; it is our own private worshiping Deity. I can keep Deity in my home
- There is one copy of Caitanya Caritamrta (No. 18) which is received from Calcutta with Bengali titles. This may immediately be sent to Gaurasundara by mail. You will find it on the shelf in my room
- There was a solitary room at Kasi Misra's house, and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu gave it to Paramananda Puri. He also gave him a servant
- This Krsna consciousness movement is a transcendental science, and there is no room for jealousy. This movement is meant for the paramahamsas who are completely free from all jealousy (paramam nirmatsaranam)
- This time when the Lord lay down, He occupied the entire doorway. Govinda could not enter the room, and therefore he made the following request
- Three days later, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to the door of his room and said, "My dear Jagadananda Pandita, please get up"
- To common sense the description in this verse appears to be somewhat contradictory because sometimes the sun has been described as the eyeball and sometimes as the outer space sphere. But there is no room for common sense in the injunctions of the sastras
- Tomorrow I want to see at least 500 men. Make arrangement like that. I came here to see that, not to sit down in a room peacefully
- We are not going to rent anyone, anyway, any room. We shall utilize it for our purpose only, receiving guest, organizing this book sale. That is my idea
- What we have renounced? We have renounced... We are using the motorcar, we are using this machine, we are eating, we are sleeping in nice room - what is the renouncement? Only renouncement is no connection with woman
- When a man is sleeping, everyone sees that he is present within the room, but actually the man himself is not within that body, for while sleeping a man forgets his bodily existence, although others may see that his body is present
- When I arrived in London there were more than one dozen reporters to take pictures immediately as we got off of the plane, and then we were led by a special airport attendant to a room where there was nice kirtana and some questions from the pressmen
- When I first came in Vrndavana I stayed in the Kesi-ghata. That is very palatial building. My room was as big as this. Yes, as big. Plus one side room, plus one entrance room. I was paying fifteen rupees
- When Mukunda was called for, he submitted, "My dear sir, I have something to do that is not yet finished. Later I shall accept the prasadam, so You two Prabhus should now please enter the room"
- When Nanda Maharaj saw his foster son, Krsna, embarrassed in the sacrificial arena of Kamsa, he said, "How unfortunate I am that I did not keep my son bolted within a room"
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu entered the room, He saw three divisions of food, and He knew that all of these were meant for Krsna. However, He did not understand the intentions of Advaita Acarya
- When the butter and milk were kept in a dark room, Krsna and Balarama would go there and make the place bright with the valuable jewels on Their bodies. On the whole, Krsna and Balarama engaged in stealing butter and milk
- When the servant informed Ramananda Raya of Pradyumna Misra's arrival, Ramananda Raya immediately went to the assembly room
- When the water from the different rooms was finally let out through the halls, it appeared as if new rivers were rushing out to meet the waters of the ocean
- While in Vrndavana, you may also see my rooms at Radha-Damodara Temple and they should be repaired and made very nice. They are my rooms and I want that they should be made ready
- While Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu was unconscious, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, with the help of the watchman and some disciples, carried Him to his home and laid Him down in a very sanctified room
- While mother Saci was feeding the child from her breast, she saw on His lotus feet all the marks that were visible on the floor of the room, and she called for Jagannatha Misra
- Yes, you may perform the marriages in the Temple room, but after the legal marriage has lasted at least 6 months to a year. Then we can know they are faithful and serious
- You do not know what is life's position, but we shall. Life is different. Without life, this matter has no value. This room is well decorated, well furnished. Why? Yayedam dharyate jagat. Because the life is there
- You should keep everything very clean. That is the first business. Every room should be as clean as a mirror
- Your decision to fix up the feast room first is approved by me
- Your drawing for the room of Sanatana Goswami is approved by me. Also approved by me is the sketch by Pariksit Das. Now you can go on making the pictures more and more beautiful and by so doing go back home, back to Godhead