Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
reason | reasoned | reasoning | reasonings | reasons
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
- ► Reason for God's Appearance - videos (67 P)
- ► Basis (3 C, 39 P)
- ► Discrimination (4 C, 95 P)
- ► Ground (2 C, 267 P)
- ► Krsna's Reasons (3 P)
- ► Logic (6 C, 91 P)
- ► No Reason (1 C, 28 P)
- ► Occasion (3 C, 91 P)
- ► What is the Reason (1 C, 13 P)
Pages in category "Reason"
The following 164 pages are in this category, out of 164 total.
- After the disappearance of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, some of the branches, for unfortunate reasons, deviated from His path
- Because Christ ate fish, therefore we should maintain big, big slaughterhouse? Is that good reasoning?
- Human reason
- Pure love means there is no reason. "Why I am loving Krsna? Oh, there is no reason. I love Krsna. I want Krsna." This is love
- Real reason
- Reason and argument
- A good man or woman accepts anything very easily, but a man of average intelligence does not do so. But, anyway, we should not give up our reason and discriminatory power just to be gentle
- A ksatriya is allowed to kill only for maintenance of the law and order of the state; he is not allowed to kill or commit violence without reason
- A saintly person or a brahmana has no business visiting householders, who are always busy in the matter of dollars and cents. The only reason saintly persons and brahmanas go to the place of a householder is to enlighten him
- A self-realized man has no purpose to fulfill in the discharge of his prescribed duties, nor has he any reason not to perform such work. Nor has he any need to depend on any other living being
- According to the smarta vidhi, women cannot touch deity during menstrual period but the goswami viddhi allows. But it is better not to do it. One thing is that the seva can never be stopped for any reason. This also for the cooking
- According to this statement of the sastras, the glories of the holy name of Krsna are unlimited. Still I could not chant His holy name. Please hear the reason for this
- After they arrived at Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's place, the Lord, seeing them, said, "What have you all come here to say? I see that you want to say something, but you do not speak. What is the reason"
- Although father is rich, millionaire, the son has become a hippie, out of frustration, confusion, or some other reason
- Although they (the Old Testament, the New Testament and the Koran) have their arguments and reasonings, they are not very sound and transcendental. As such, modern people advanced in science and philosophy deem these scriptures unacceptable.
- Although this is true, this is but the external reason for the Lord's incarnation. Please hear one other reason - the confidential reason - for the Lord's appearance
- Another consideration was that all the friends of Kamsa outside Mathura were planning to attack Mathura. For that reason also Krsna's presence was required
- As the Socratesian ways of reasoning is not bound up within the walls of Athens so also the Brahminical culture is not bound up within the walls of India
- At the present moment I do not think the society can invest any money in New Vrindaban, for the reason that we are starting this press, and until this press is all established I do not wish to divert my attention
- Because everyone (the people of the world) was happy in all respects, there was no resentment, although there were sometimes battles between the state kings for political reasons and supremacy
- Because the real fact is they do not want to give up meat-eating and fish-eating. Therefore they like Vivekananda. That is the real reason. And Caitanya Mahaprabhu's movement, Vaisnava, they have to give up so many things. That is the disease
- But it so happens sometimes that one surrenders himself unto the service of the Lord by some temporary sentiment, and in the long run, due to so many other reasons, he falls down from the path of service by undesirable association
- Endowed with right vision and strengthened by devotional service and a pessimistic attitude towards material identity, one should relegate his body to this illusory world through his reason
- Even though a person engaged in the practice of the yoga system may not finish perfectly and may fall down for some reason or other, his next life as a human being is guaranteed
- Everyone wants that I live in a nice family home with my children, wife and good income, "I shall be very happy". For this reason one takes the risk marrying. There is pleasure there
- Everything we are giving distinctly. Not blindly, but there is philosophy, there is reason, there is logic, and these are all stated in the Srimad-Bhagavatam, sixty volumes
- Feeling of sex life in young boys and girls is quite natural, but one has to check such sex life by reason, argument, and knowledge
- Following in the footsteps of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, whenever there are obstacles the Hare Krsna movement should kill the opposition with reason and argument and thus stop their demoniac behavior
- For some reason or another it had been temporarily stopped, most probably by committing an offense at the lotus feet of a devotee. Now, with a good second chance, it has again begun to develop
- For the simple reason that his son-in-law, Lord Siva, did not stand up to show him the formality of respect, Daksa became so angry and hardhearted that he tolerated even the death of his dearest daughter
- For this reason Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the supreme teacher, accepts the form of a devotee and accepts Lord Nityananda as His elder brother
- For this reason, I cannot reject you. If I hated you, I would deviate from My occupational duty
- For this reason, the Vedas say that God is beyond the grasp of our knowledge. Avan-manasa-gocara: to understand the length and breadth of God is beyond the jurisdiction of our mental speculation
- Force is required for the animalistic class of men, whereas those who are advanced are convinced by reasons, arguments and scriptural authority
- Gopsi said, "O infallible one (Krsna), You had better know what is the reason for our coming here. In plain words, we are here simply because we have been captivated by the sweet sound of Your flute"
- Great saints go to holy places of pilgrimage in order to purify them. For that reason Caitanya Mahaprabhu is visiting many tirthas and delivering many, many conditioned souls
- Having first given hints about the verse describing the principal reason why the Lord appeared, now I shall manifest its full meaning
- Having little hope, she (Rukmini) thought that perhaps Krsna had found reason to become dissatisfied and had rejected her fair proposal. As a result, the brahmana might have become disappointed and not come back
- He (Arjuna) specifically entered that part of the forest where there were many tigers, deer and various other animals. The reason Krsna went with Arjuna was not to practice animal-killing, for He doesn't have to practice anything; He is self-sufficient
- He (Arjuna) was so ardent a student that he used to practice bowmanship even at night, and for all these reasons Professor Dronacarya was determined to make him the topmost bowman of the world
- He (Krsna) suggested that they forgo the sacrifice. His reasons for discouraging the sacrifice performed to please Indra were twofold
- He (Pradyumna) inquired from her (Mayavati), "How is it possible that first you were affectionate like a mother and now you are expressing the symptoms of a lusty woman? What is the reason for such a change"
- He (Samba) was also known as Jambavati-suta for the same reason. As previously explained, all the sons of Krsna were as qualified as their great father
- He (the first class devotee) attains firm faith in the scriptures by understanding with all reasons and arguments. When we speak of arguments and reason, it means arguments and reason on the basis of revealed scripture
- Hear about such incidents without putting forth dry arguments, for these incidents are beyond our material reasoning. One must believe in them with faith
- How regrettable it is for the government itself to cause a breach of trust and put the citizens in difficulty for political reasons
- I have given already one crude example. Similarly, why Mr. Stalin could tolerate without any trouble? Because he was a leader. He was always absorbed in the thought of how he could advance the Communist cause. This is the real reason
- I love your skin, I love your money, or I love you for some reason. Oh, that is not love
- I planned that "I must go to America." Yes. That was the reason. Otherwise, generally they go to London. I did not go to London. I was simply dreaming, "How to go to New York?"
- I wanted to keep this machine only for the reason that the mechanical arrangement is easier
- If a person, out of sentiment or for some other reason, takes to the shelter of the lotus feet of the Lord and in due course of time does not succeed in coming to the ultimate goal of life or falls down due to lack of experience, there is no loss
- If a snake is given milk to drink, its poison simply increases. For a similar reason, we should not disclose our minds to the serpent Mayavadis and karmis. Such disclosures will never help
- If one follows in the footsteps of the inhabitants of Vrndavana out of such transcendental covetousness, he does not care for the injunctions or reasonings of sastra. That is the way of spontaneous love
- If the USA, which is completely different from India, can accept this philosophy, I do not find any reason why Europe, which may be completely different from the USA, will not accept
- If there is ample reason for the dissolution of a conjugal relationship and yet such a dissolution does not take place, such a relationship of intimate love is called pure
- If we say that our Spiritual Master is Krishna, then the conclusion is that if we become Spiritual Master some day, then we will also become Krishna. Please try to understand how dangerous this kind of reasoning is
- In that verse I have also explained the external reason for Lord Caitanya's incarnation. But in the fifth and sixth verses I have explained the prime reason for His advent
- In the absence of Akrura there were apparently some disturbances in Dvaraka. The superstition arose for the following reason: Once in the province of Kasi (Varanasi) there was severe drought - practically no rain fell
- In the mood of Srimati Radharani, He (Lord Caitanya) also fulfilled His own desires. This is the principal reason for His appearance
- Indeed, Vaninatha has already gone to the residence of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and has taken a huge quantity of maha-prasadam. Please let me know the reason for this
- It is a fact that all other institutions, never mind whether it is Ramakrishna Mission or philosophical speculators, nobody can stand our arguments and reason if we can support them by quoting Scriptures
- It so happens sometimes that one surrenders himself unto the service of the Lord by some temporary sentiment, and in the long run, due to so many other reasons, he falls down from the path of service by undesirable association
- Just as these desires are the fundamental reason for Krsna's appearance whereas destroying the demons is only an incidental necessity, so for Sri Krsna Caitanya, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, promulgating the dharma of the age is incidental
- Just because there are no men is not a good reason to make someone a brahmana
- Just like Dronacarya. He was brahmana, but he became a ksatriya for certain reason. So it is advised that brahmana may take the profession of a ksatriya and up to the vaisya. But if he takes the profession of a sudra, then he is fallen
- Just like every one of us we love our body. Or I love your body. But what is the reason? The reason is because the spirit soul is there. Nobody loves a body, either his own body or other's body, when it is dead
- Kaliya took shelter within the water of the Yamuna for the following reason. Just as Garuda went to the island of the Kaliya snake, he also used to go to the Yamuna to catch fish to eat
- Killing proposal is not good. We have to kill them with arguments and reasons not with sticks and weapons
- King Pariksit inquired: O great brahmana, Sukadeva Gosvami, why and how did Lord Visnu churn the ocean of milk? For what reason did He stay in the water as a tortoise and hold up Mandara Mountain?
- King Rahugana was proud of being king, and he felt he had the right to control the citizens as he liked, but actually he was engaging men in carrying his palanquin without payment, and therefore he was causing them trouble without reason
- Krsna and Balarama continued, "For certain reasons We were rejected by Our father and mother, and you protected Us. Dear father and mother, We know that you will feel separation upon returning to Vrndavana and leaving Us here"
- Krsna continued, "I think Myself completely unfit to be your husband because you (Rukmini) are so beautiful, sober, grave and exalted. May I inquire from you the reason that induced you to accept Me"
- Krsna continued, "Until now We have simply wasted Our time; due to reasons beyond Our control, We could not serve you. Mother and father, please excuse Us for Our sinfulness"
- Krsna said to Akrura, "My father has undergone much tribulation simply from My being his son. For this reason also he has lost many other sons"
- Krsna says, "Criticism of Brahma’s action by the demigods constituted a great offense on their part, and for this reason they were condemned to take birth as the sons of the demon Hiranyakasipu"
- Lord Krsna, the Supersoul, knows everything in everyone’s heart. He knows everyone’s determination and everyone’s want. He knew, therefore, the reason for Sudama Vipra’s coming to Him
- Lord Siva's punishment was just like that of a cowherd boy, who keeps a stick to frighten his animals. It is commonly said that to give protection to animals, a stick is needed because animals cannot reason and argue
- Lord Visnu is omniscient, and He therefore knew what would happen at Daksa's sacrificial arena. For this reason neither Narayana nor Lord Brahma attended the great sacrifice performed by Daksa
- Madhumangala said, "I think I can guess the reason for Your absent-mindedness when I see Your two eyes flying over to the eyes of Radharani, just like black drones flying to lotus flowers"
- Maharaja Pariksit very much appreciated Krsna's activities for many other reasons. Not only was his grandfather saved by Krsna, but he himself also was saved by Krsna
- Maharaja Yudhisthira said: Is it that you are feeling empty for all time because you might have lost your most intimate friend, Lord Krsna? O my brother Arjuna, I can think of no other reason for your becoming so dejected
- Many Swamis before me came in the Western countries, they say nobody could act so wonderfully as I am doing. Perhaps it is right. But I do not know how such things are happening. The only reason can be adduced is I am presenting Bhagavad-gita as it is
- Maya is always there like a shadow, presenting reasons for refraining from devotional service but if we simply keep ourselves engaged in Krsna Consciousness, then Maya cannot touch
- Mocked by an enemy (Hiranyaksa) whose vanity knew no bounds, the worshipful lord of the waters (Varuna) waxed angry, but by dint of his reason he managed to curb the anger that had sprung up in him
- My dear Lord, by Your causeless mercy You have appeared before me to grant me liberation. Now You are playing in a duplicitous way. What is the reason for this behavior
- My dear Lord, You have descended in this incarnation of Lord Caitanya for Your own personal reasons. You have come to taste Your own spiritual bliss, and at the same time You are transforming the whole world by spreading the ecstasy of love of Godhead
- O my Lord, O Supreme Personality of Godhead! Kindly hear my third reason. There are countless universes and fathomless transcendental Vaikunthas
- Once the cowherd boys in Vrndavana were vainly searching after Krsna for a long time, and for that reason their faces became blackened, and their complexions appeared faded
- "One man's food, another man's poison" That is going on everywhere. But for that reason one cannot accept poison as food. Is it not? Just like stool is food for the pigs. But that does not mean stool is food. It may be food for a certain class of animal
- One may ask why highly educated persons do not take to Krsna consciousness. The reason is explained in this verse. Unless one takes shelter of a bona fide, fully Krsna conscious spiritual master, there is no chance of understanding Krsna
- One may ask why the Supreme Personality of Godhead could not detect Rahu. The reason is that the Lord wanted to show the effects of drinking nectar
- One will tire of hearing mundane stories but one never tires of hearing about Krsna. It is for this reason only that the history of the whole universe is replete with references to the pastimes of the incarnations of Godhead
- Our consciousness at the time of death determines our next life. That is one reason why the Vedic scriptures stress the chastity of women
- Persons who are not devotees take to the Vedic ritualistic ceremonies for materialistic reasons, and then they are bewildered
- Please try to understand the philosophy with all your reason and faith; and as you have inquired from me I shall try my best to convince you in the subject
- Practically your country is my home now. India is foreign country for me. The reason is that my spiritual family is there and my material relationships are in India; therefore factually where my spiritual family exists, there is my home
- Reasons and arguments together with the transcendental process of approaching the Absolute Truth help even the staunch impersonalist to become attracted by the personal activities of the Lord
- Regarding Indira Gandhi, I have already pointed out to you all that she cannot attend the function on political reasons
- Rukmini began to think, "There is only one night between today and my marriage day, and still neither the brahmana nor Syamasundara has returned. I cannot ascertain any reason for this"
- Russia's well-known professor of astronomy Boris Vorontsov-Veliaminov said that there must be an infinite number of planets in the universe inhabited by beings endowed with reason
- So unless you are also completely purified, how you can touch Krsna? This is common sense reasoning. Therefore Krsna realization is not so easy
- Some atheists argue that the Supreme Lord can never descend upon this material world, but they are unable to give any tangible reasons as to why not
- Sometimes it is experienced that the performer of devotional service does not see the Lord eye to eye. The reason is that the first item, sravana, is very important. If hearing is from the right sources, it acts very quickly
- Spiritual culture is not dogmatic faith but it is based on philosophy, reason and culture. This can be introduced very easily through convenient methods of music, dance and refreshment which are acceptable by all grades of human being
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied to Prakasananda Sarasvati, "My dear sir, kindly hear the reason. My spiritual master considered Me a fool, and therefore he chastised Me"
- Supposing if there is any harm, that is to be judged by the local president, and if he has good reason to think that another party will be unfavorable to his temple's operations, then he may order them to leave, that's all
- Svarupa Damodara replied, "My dear Lord, please hear the reason for this. Laksmidevi, the goddess of fortune, cannot be admitted to the pastimes of Vrndavana"
- The Bhagavad Gita, there are many, but why ours is selling so many? Because we have named "As It Is". Is that the reason?
- The Bhagavad-gita begins with the problems of life by discriminating the soul from the elements of matter and proves by all reason and argument that the soul is indestructible in all circumstances
- The brahmacari read the book and came to us a little dissatisfied, though the book itself was deeply esoteric. The reason for his dissatisfaction was that Dr. Radhakrishnan's writing lacked spiritual insight
- The childhood pastimes of Krsna are glorified even today by many sages and saintly persons, but Vasudeva & Devaki could not enjoy such childhood pastimes personally. The reason for this was explained by Sukadeva Gosvami to Maharaja Pariksit as follows
- The emotion technically called vipralambha-bhava, which the Lord adopted for confidential reasons, should not be disturbed in the name of service
- The first thing is that I have already given you my word, so there is no need of an agreement with me. My word is final agreement, but if you want it for business reasons, I have no objections to sign it
- The gopis said, "He (Krsna) has disappeared because of our pride." The gopis were aware of the reason for Krsna's sudden disappearance
- The gopis' attitude toward Krsna, although seemingly lusty, should not be considered to be like lusty desires of ordinary women. The reason is explained by Krsna Himself. Activities in devotional service to Krsna are transcendental to any fruitive result
- The Kumaras concluded that the only reason for the doormen's checking them was that the doormen themselves were imposters
- The Lord's desire to appear was born from two reasons: the Lord wanted to taste the sweet essence of the mellows of love of God, and He wanted to propagate devotional service in the world on the platform of spontaneous attraction
- The personified Vedas continued, "We think that even Your Lordship does not have complete knowledge of Your transcendental qualities. The reason is that You are unlimited"
- The queens continued, "Is it a fact that for this reason you are suffering from insomnia like us? Yes, we admit that there is no remedy for this disease"
- The real reason for observing fasting on Ekadasi is to minimize the demands of the body and to engage our time in the service of the Lord by chanting or performing similar service
- The real thing is that we want satisfaction of our self, so if we want actually satisfaction of self then we shall take to this devotional service without being checked by any material condition or for without any material reason, then you shall be happy
- The real thing is, they do not retire on account of their strong sense of gratification. That is the reason, not that poverty-stricken. Even though poverty-stricken, still they want to enjoy
- The reason for the Japa beads is so that you can keep track of how many times you are chanting Hare Krishna mantra daily. It should be chanted a steady amount of times regularly
- The reason is that the Supreme Lord is Absolute Truth, and anything earnestly dovetailed with the Absolute Truth attains the same transcendental quality
- The reason is that they actually do not derive any ultimate transcendental happiness in the impersonal understanding and therefore must come down to the material platform and take to such mundane affairs
- The reason the Lord displays the rasa-lila is essentially to induce all the fallen souls to give up their diseased morality and religiosity, and to attract them to the kingdom of God to enjoy the reality
- The reason the Lord uses these words param avyayam is that although He permeates everything by means of His transcendental energies, He remains eternally unchanged and the complete whole
- The reason they (Yudhisthira, Nakula, Sahadeva, Lord Krsna and Arjuna) were silent was that Lord Balarama was somewhat affectionate toward Duryodhana, who had learned from Balaramaji the art of fighting with a club
- The reason why pure souls come into the existential circumstances of the material world, which is considered to be the criminal department of the Supreme Lord, is stated in Bhagavad-gita, Seventh Chapter, verse 27
- The servants were so careful that a male could not even see what was going on there, & so they were surprised that she (Usa) had become contaminated. Since they could not trace out the reason for it, they submitted the whole situation before their master
- The Socratesian way of reasoning should be fully utilized because that makes the only difference between a human being and a beast
- The supreme desire to deliver the entire world meets in the two of Them, and for that reason also They are one and the same
- The work of unseen destiny cannot be ascertained by practical experimental knowledge, and therefore one must be satisfied by reasoning that everything is done by supreme providence
- Then why a sadhu is pleased when a sarpa, a scorpion, or snake is killed? The reason is that these two kinds of creatures, they bite innocent persons without any fault. Without any fault. Or for little fault
- There are many reasons for our conditional life in the material world, but the topmost of all such causes is the association of women
- There is superior controller, who does not allow to do this. You have to abide by the laws. This is common sense reasoning. If you are being controlled, how you become God? God means the supreme controller
- There was nothing Sati could not achieve either from her relationship with her father or from her relationship with the greatest of the demigods, but still, for some reason, she was dissatisfied
- Therefore (they say that man has to dominate over the animals) you should kill and eat them. Very good reasoning. "The father should dominate over children; therefore the children should be killed and eaten up." So rascals
- Therefore the principal reason for Sri Caitanya's descent is this appeal by Advaita Acarya. The Lord, the protector of religion, appears by the desire of His devotee
- They (the living entities) please only because they bring pleasure to the self. For this reason, one is self-centered and is attached to his body and self more than he is to relatives like wife, children and friends
- They addressed Him as Jagadisvara, or the Lord of the universe who maintains everyone. The reason for this was that Krsna and Balarama maintain all living entities. And yet Nanda and Yasoda were put into such difficulties on account of Their absence
- This movement is meant for intelligent class of men, those who have reason and logic to understand things in a civilized way, and who are open-hearted to receive things as they are
- This reason (the destiny) also applies to the transmigration of the soul, by which a prime minister in one life may become a dog in the next
- Thus the killing of the demons is but secondary work. I shall now speak of the main reason for the Lord's incarnation
- To accept ecstatic love is the main reason He appeared and reestablished the religious system for this age. I shall now explain that reason. Everyone please listen
- To be convinced firmly with all reasons and argument, firmly conviction, this is called faith. Faith is not flickering. One must be firmly convinced. So then you immediately become joyful
- We have to study by analogy, by our reason, our intelligence. Just like you have got experience in this life that "My father is a person. I am also a person"
- We should not be angry with these poor souls. Try to convince them by argument and reason but do not become angry with them
- We want to introduce this program of teaching our students Hindi and Sanskrit for two reasons
- When a demigod worshiper comes to his senses, he can reason as follows, "The demigods can offer benedictions only after being empowered by the Supreme Lord, so why not worship the Supreme Lord directly"
- When the Lord (Caitanya) desired to appear for another reason, the time for promulgating the religion of the age also arose
- Whether for the satisfaction of material desires, because of the influence of envy, because of fear, because of affection or because of any other reason, if one comes to Krsna, his life is successful
- Why has Sri Advaita been called a limb and not a part? The reason is that "limb" implies greater intimacy
- Why they have become conditioned? The reason is they revolted against Krsna. They wanted to imitate Krsna. That is the mentality everywhere
- Why, a dead child born, it does not grow? What is the reason? What is your scientists' reason?
- Without faith, you cannot reach the kingdom of God. Your experimental knowledge, your so-called defective reasons and arguments and philosophy, that will not be applicable in the transcendental field. You have to believe
- You are all intelligent boys and girls. You try to understand this Krsna consciousness philosophy with all your reason or argument. But try to understand it seriously. Don't make it a farce. That is the object of life
- You are therefore the original Narayana. This is one reason; please listen as I state the second
- You have tried to explain the reasons for your recent traveling excursions, but there is no need to explain; the reason is that you are restless. I wanted you to concentrate your mind on painting and utilizing your talents for Krishna's service
- You look as brilliant as if You were Narayana Himself. Will You kindly explain the reason that You have adopted the behavior of lower-class people?