Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
discriminate | discriminated | discriminates | discriminating | discriminatingly | discrimination | discriminations | discriminative | discriminatory
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Discrimination"
The following 95 pages are in this category, out of 95 total.
- Discrimination is the better part of valor
- If you are slaughtering animals and you are comparing that killing of the vegetables and the killing of the animals is the same, then killing your son and killing an animal is also the same. Why do you discriminate?
- One life is meant to be eaten by another. That is nature's law. But we should use discrimination in what kind of foodstuff we shall eat
- A good man or woman accepts anything very easily, but a man of average intelligence does not do so. But, anyway, we should not give up our reason and discriminatory power just to be gentle
- A highly advanced maha-bhagavata devotee sees in this spirit: he sees the same Supersoul, Paramatma, existing within everyone's heart, regardless of discrimination based on the different material forms of the living entities
- A man is a living entity, and a cow is also a living entity. Why this discrimination, that if a man is murdered or killed, that murderer must be punished?
- A pure devotee of the Lord no longer wastes valuable time in discriminating the Brahman from non-Brahman because he knows perfectly well that the Lord Para-brahman, by His Brahman energy, is interwoven in everything
- A vaisya also earns money honestly through agriculture, cow protection and some trade. If a sudra gets money, however, he will spend it lavishly, without discrimination, or simply accumulate it for no purpose
- According to scriptural codes, a teacher who engages in an abominable action and has lost his sense of discrimination is fit to be abandoned
- According to this formula, the gosvamis who are descendants of Sri Nityananda Prabhu and Sri Advaita Prabhu are certainly devotees, but devotees coming from other families should not be discriminated against
- After hearing this statement, Akrura could clearly understand that Dhrtarastra was not going to change his policy of discriminating against the Pandavas in favor of his sons
- As soon as we have got this human form of life, we have got different desires or we accept something as very nice. We reject something as not very good. This discriminating power is there. Even in animals there is this discriminating power
- Because there is no Krsna consciousness, there is this discrimination between man to man, animal to man, and so many discrimination
- Because we have to eat some other living entity, it does not mean that I shall eat my sons and daughters. "Discrimination is the best part of valor." So far we are concerned, we are eating certainly vegetable, but not directly. We eat krsna-prasadam
- Because you are not Krsna consciousness, you are discriminating in this way, that the human society should be given protection, the animal society should be slaughtered. Is that very good?
- By eating, as soon as he (man) gets little strength, then sex without any discrimination
- By such careful discrimination, one can clearly understand that the Supreme Soul is transcendental to both the superior and inferior energies, although He has a direct connection with both
- Demons and Raksasas are accustomed to eat meat, fish and similar nonvegetarian foods. Demons like Ravana, Kamsa and Hiranyakasipu, although born of brahmana and ksatriya fathers, used to take meat and flesh without discrimination
- Devaki and Rohini said, "The most noble personalities do not discriminate between their own sons and the sons of others, and there cannot be any personalities more noble than Nanda Maharaja and you (Yasodadevi)"
- Discretion is the better part of valor, and one must learn how to discriminate between actions which may be pleasing to the Lord and those which may not be pleasing to the Lord. An action is thus judged by the Lord's pleasure or displeasure
- Discrimination between right and wrong
- Even God has got this discrimination. There are bad elements. So if in God's mind there is good element, bad element... So we are part and parcel of God. We must have also the same sentiment. We cannot avoid it
- Everyone is bad. Without any discrimination you can say. Mandah sumanda-matayo
- Expert discriminating devotees
- For God there is no discrimination. Women, men have equal rights to become godly and back to home, back to Godhead
- For Krsna's service, we should submit to the immediate officer or commander. Just like soldiers. Soldiers, there is no question of discrimination. Whatever is ordered by the commander, immediately done
- I fully depend on your discrimination
- If you like to remain as inferior, you can remain. God has given you independence. And if you like to become superior, you can become superior. It is not God's discrimination; it is your discrimination
- In order to intelligently apply the sixfold loving reciprocations mentioned in the previous verse, one must select proper persons with careful discrimination
- In this Krsna consciousness movement a chance is given to everyone without discrimination of caste, creed or color
- In this way the karmis are directed gradually to develop K C. Similarly, Krsna directs the philosophers to approach Him gradually by discriminating between Brahman and maya, for at last, when one is mature in knowledge, he surrenders unto Krsna
- In this way, Srila Nityananda Prabhu introduced the cult of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to everyone without discrimination. Even though the people were fallen souls and blasphemers, they were delivered by this process
- Intelligence is the discriminating power to understand an object, and it helps the senses make choices. Therefore intelligence is supposed to be the master of the senses
- It is like a charitable person who opens his treasury for distribution and who does not discriminate whether the charity is needed or not. He gives in charity openhandedly
- It is my confidential advice to you that if he feels any difficulties for money, you may discriminatingly help him, and he should continue as the managing editor
- Living entities, being superior energy to matter, have choice and discrimination either to surrender unto the Lord or to surrender unto material nature. By surrendering unto the Lord, one is happy and liberated
- Lord Siva lives as a poor man although his devotees appear very opulent, whereas Lord Krsna, or Lord Visnu, is always opulent and yet His devotees appear poverty-stricken, is a situation which appears contradictory and puzzling to a discriminating person
- Madhavendra Puri was almost mad in his ecstasy of love of Godhead, and he did not know whether it was day or night. Sometimes he stood up, and sometimes he fell to the ground. He could not discriminate whether he was in a proper place or not
- My dear, just see how all of a sudden in the sky of Krsna there is a powerful sun & how this rising sun is minimizing the rays of our chastity moon. Our attraction for Krsna is so intense that it is drying up the lotus flower of our discrimination
- Neophyte devotees simply try to understand the pastimes of the Lord and are not very interested in hearing about the activities of His devotees, but such discrimination should not be indulged in by any real devotee
- Not all of them were real Vaisnava. That was my discrimination from the beginning of my life. I never liked these bogus swamis and yogis. I never liked. But my father had no discrimination
- One can love Krishna without any inquiry; that is the highest perfection. To know Krishna as God is not so exalted a position as to love Krishna without knowing. That is the highest perfection. Knowledge means discrimination
- One living entity is the food for another living entity. So when a person eats another living entity, it is not unnatural. This is nature's law. But when you come to the human form of living entity, you must use your discrimination
- One must have good discriminatory power to judge a thing on its merit. We should not follow the mild nature of a woman and thereby accept that which is not genuine
- One should be qualified enough to discern transcendental potency, and either by discriminating or by fortunate chance if one is able to receive the transcendental sound from the bona fide spiritual master, his path of liberation is guaranteed
- One should not discriminate on the basis of caste and creed on the Vaisnavas. This is forbidden by the scriptures. The Vaisnava does not belong to any particular caste also
- One should not think, "Oh, here is an American gosvami," and discriminate against him. Nor should one think, "Here is a nityananda-vamsa-gosvami
- One should try to discriminate between sexual love and pure love, for they belong to different categories, with a gulf of difference between them. They are as different from one another as iron is from gold
- Our only business is to spread Krishna Consciousness to the best of our possibility, and Krishna has given us discrimination and judgment. So, Krishna is within you, you chant and ask Him, Krishna and He will give you proper instruction
- Sex desire is very strong at a certain stage, the guru may allow the brahmacari to marry; this license is given to a brahmacari who is unable to continue the way of naisthika-brahmacarya, and such discriminations are possible for the guru
- Siva lives as a poor man although his devotees appear very opulent, whereas Lord Krsna, or Lord Visnu, is always opulent and yet His devotees appear poverty-stricken, is a situation which appears contradictory and puzzling to a discriminating person
- So far your question regarding women, I have always accepted the service of women without any discrimination, so I have no objection if Yamuna devi contributes her ideas on this construction project. Nothing should be done without group consultation
- Something is being done about this discriminatory action. You can keep me informed of further progress
- Such discriminations (allowing the brahmacari to marry or to allow him to continue the way of naisthika-brahmacarya) are possible for the bona fide guru
- The Bhagavad-gita begins with the problems of life by discriminating the soul from the elements of matter and proves by all reason and argument that the soul is indestructible in all circumstances
- The conscience is created by association. By good association, conscience is the good conscience and by bad association, a bad conscience is created. So there is no such standard as conscience. Conscience means discriminating power
- The devotees, they have got such eyes to see that they can immediately discriminate who is a fool, who is learned
- The disc of the Lord is called Sudarsana because he does not discriminate between high and low criminals or demons
- The florist continued, "You are equally disposed as the friend of all living entities; You are the Supersoul, & You do not discriminate between friend & enemy. Yet You are pleased to give Your devotees the special result of their devotional activities"
- The hogs are stool-eater, and they are working very hard day and night, and the business is kastan kaman, to satisfy the senses, these two business: where to find out source of income, and eat anything without any discrimination
- The madhyama-adhikari (preacher) is also well versed in the sastras and can convince others also, but he discriminates between the favorable and the unfavorable
- The Mayavadi philosophers think that without discriminating one cannot have pure knowledge
- The swan (hamsa) is one who discriminates between matter and spirit, who accepts the essence of everything, and who explains the means of bondage and the means of liberation
- The wise man is he who can discriminate between matter and spirit, between God's superior and inferior natures. Such knowledge is Krsna Himself
- There are professional Bhagavata reciters who abruptly go to the rasa-lila chapters of SB, as if other portions of SB were useless. This kind of discrimination & abrupt adoption of the rasa-lila pastimes of the Lord is not approved by the acaryas
- Therefore I have described these (in the Caitanya-caritamrta) with logic and discrimination
- These are the general principles to be followed by all human beings: truthfulness, mercy, austerity (observing fasts on certain days of the month), bathing twice a day, tolerance, discrimination between right and wrong, control of the mind
- They will discriminate: my engagement is not good, other's engagement is good, like that. They do not know the secret of surrendering to Krishna
- This inequality, discrimination between man and animal is due to lack of Krsna consciousness. When one becomes actually Krsna conscious, he does not make such distinction that a man should be given protection and the animal should be killed
- This is fact psychologically, that brain substance in man is greater than the brain substance in woman. In the Bhagavad-gita also, striyo vaisyas tatha sudrah (BG 9.32). But in spiritual understanding there is no such discrimination
- This Krsna consciousness movement is very important movement - important in this sense, that we are educating people without any discrimination about Krsna, what is Krsna
- This practice (Demons eating meat and flesh without discrimination) is still prevalent in India, and those who eat meat and fish are generally called demons and Raksasas
- This statement, which lists the ingredients of a material body, is not a perverted mellow in transcendental realization because it shows correct discrimination between matter and spirit
- To attain the platform of pure devotional service, one has to become spiritually pure and attain the brahma-bhuta platform, which is beyond material anxiety and material discrimination
- Wanted qualified Brahmins to preach Bhagavad-gita all over the world. Educated candidates accepted without any discrimination of Caste and Creed. Apply ISKCON
- We are preaching this Krishna consciousness movement so that we may not have material discrimination
- We invite everyone, without discrimination; we request everyone to sit down and chant the Hare Krsna mantra and take as much prasada as we can supply, and thus everyone is pleased with us
- We must treat the lower living entities compassionately, but this does not mean that we have to treat them in the same way we treat other human beings. The feeling of equality must be there, but the treatment should be discriminating
- We should discriminate between lust and love. Love cannot be accepted unless it is reposed in Krsna. That is love. And all other, everything, that is lust
- We write: "We trust in God," but we make discrimination. If you trust in God, then you must be equally kind and merciful to all living entities. That is God consciousness
- When you are preaching, you have to come to the middle stage. Even if you are on the top stage, you have to come on the middle stage because you have to discriminate: "Here is a devotee; here is a demon"
- When you come to the form of human being, you should have discrimination. If you have no discrimination, simply you live like animal, then where is the difference?
- Why there are dissimilarities? One man is born millionaires; another man is born, he cannot even have full meals twice a day, although he's struggling very hard. Why this discrimination
- Women as a class are no better than boys, and therefore they have no discriminatory power like that of a man