parent | parentless | parents | parent's
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
- ► God's Parents (6 P)
- ► Krsna's Parents (1 C, 38 P)
- ► Our Parents (Disciples of SP) (54 P)
Pages in category "Parents"
The following 115 pages are in this category, out of 115 total.
- A child may insist on having something and cry like anything to get it, disturbing the whole neighborhood, and then immediately after achieving the desired thing, he laughs. Such crying and laughing is enjoyable to the parents
- A father and mother are always affectionate to their children. When the children are disobedient the parents chastise them, not due to enmity but only for the child's instruction and welfare
- A father’s and mother’s taking care of their children is not the cause of their comfort. Sometimes it is found that in spite of all care by the parents, the children go bad or succumb to death. Therefore material causes are not sufficient for results
- A highly enlightened parent can train a child in Krsna consciousness so that the child will not have to come back again to this miserable world. Parents should see to it that the child born of them does not enter the womb of a mother again
- A parent who does not know how to save his son has no value because such fathers and mothers may be had in any form of life, even among the cats, dogs and so on
- A pure devotee is a soul who is forever surrendered to the Lord (Krsna), just as a child is surrendered to his parents or an animal to its master
- A twice-born brahmana gains his life by the grace of his parents through the process of purification known as garbhadhana. There are also other processes of purification, until the end of life, when the funeral ceremony (antyesti-kriya) is performed
- According to the Vedic system marriage takes place according to the sanction of the parents, although this is not being followed strictly at the present moment
- According to Vedic civilization, it is the duty of the parents to get the sons and daughters married so that they will have family attraction, they will be established, they will be organized, things will go nicely
- According to Vedic convention, there are eight kinds of marriage. In the first-class marriage system, the parents of the bride and bridegroom arrange the marriage date
- According to Vedic culture, a woman must accept the husband given to her by her parents and remain chaste and faithful to him. Therefore King Saryati was surprised to see a young man by the side of Sukanya
- Actually what I am doing, it was all taught in our childhood by our parents, my family. We were taught, "There is a grain of rice on the ground, and if it is touched by your feet, you should pick up the grain and touch on your head." This was our training
- After the period of brahmacarya, a man accepts a householder's life, and the woman is also taught by her parents to be a chaste wife
- An intelligent boy is very much inquisitive to understand. He asks always his parents, "Oh, mommy, what is this? What is this? What is this?" So mother explains
- Animosity between parents and the Krsna consciousness movement has existed since time immemorial. Even Narada Muni was condemned, not to speak of others. Nevertheless, Narada Muni never gives up his mission
- As a result of this couplement, she (Prtha) became pregnant, and Karna was born by her. By the grace of the sun, she again turned into a virgin girl, but being afraid of her parents, she quitted the newly born child, Karna
- Because Asamanjasa engaged in such abominable activities, his father gave up affection for him and had him exiled. Then Asamanjasa exhibited his mystic power by reviving the boys and showing them to the King and their parents
- Before begetting a child, one has to sanctify his perplexed mind. When the parents engage their minds in the lotus feet of the Lord and in such a state the child is born, naturally good devotee children come
- By nature’s own arrangement, the childhood of the embodied living being is enjoyed by his parents. Even in the animal kingdom, parents are found to be affectionate to their cubs
- By the grace of the Lord we were given the same opportunity (to learn the process of worship during childhood) by our parents, and the beginning of our life was based on this principle
- By the process of initiation and authorized training, any man can become twice-born. The first birth is made possible by the parents, and the second birth is made possible by the spiritual father and Vedic knowledge
- For one year there was no discussion of the incident of the Aghasura demon in the village of Vraja. But when the boys attained their sixth year, they informed their parents of the incident with great wonder
- For the time being, stay with your parents until you are of proper age to be independent. Raghunatha dasa Goswami was also restricted by his parents, but ultimately he joined Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's movement
- Formerly, when there were responsible kings, up to the time of Dvapara-yuga, when Lord Krsna was present, the king was liable to be blamed for the untimely death of a child in the presence of his parents
- From our practical experience we can say we got this chance. We got this chance. We got very nice parents. And I was born in a family, a very pure family
- From the ages six to ten they should tighten the discipline of their child, and from the ages of ten till the sixteenth year the parents should be as strict as a tiger with their child so that he will be afraid to be disobedient at all
- From the rice, heaps of rice, one scorpion, small scorpion, is coming. The fact is that the parent of the scorpion, they put their eggs within the rice and, being fermented, the scorpion comes out, not that from rice the scorpion is coming out
- I (Yudhisthira) have killed many boys, brahmanas, well-wishers, friends, parents, preceptors and brothers. Though I live millions of years, I will not be relieved from the hell that awaits me for all these sins
- I approached many respectable friends for giving me at least one boy from each family to be trained up in this line of self-realization, but I was not successful. The parents had no interest, the same difficulty of sudra mentality
- I was not desiring to take medicine, but my parents desired. That desire should be forced
- I wish that the marriage will be suspended for the time being unless the father agrees to this marriage. According to the Vedic system marriage takes place according to the sanction of the parents
- If parents simply give birth to children like cats and dogs but cannot save their children from imminent death, they become responsible for the activities of their animalistic children
- If the parents want a child in the godly qualities they should follow the ten principles recommended for the social life of the human being
- If there are suggestions from his friends, children, parents, brothers or anyone else, he should externally agree, saying, "Yes, that is all right," but internally he should be determined not to create a cumbersome life
- If you cannot say who is your father and mother, if you do not know, this forgetfulness, this is called maya. Actually it should not happen, but somehow or other, if you are asked, "Who is your parents?" You cannot say. This is called maya
- In His first childhood pastimes the Lord turned upside down while lying on His bed, and thus He showed His parents the marks of His lotus feet
- In sex life, the combination of matter from the parents, which involves emulsification and secretion, creates the situation whereby a soul is received within matter, and the combination of matter gradually develops into a complete body
- In the primary stage a child loves his parents, then his brothers and sisters, and as he daily grows up he begins to love his family, society, community, country, nation, or even the whole human society
- In this way Gaurahari performed His childhood pastimes and day after day increased the pleasure of His parents
- In which birth were these my mother and father? No one is actually my mother and father. How can I accept these two people as my parents?
- It has become a system in their country, the young boys and girls they live as friends without parents taking care of their being married. That has become a system, regular system in Europe and America
- It is a fact that even a person born of good parents can turn into a demon by bad association. Birth is not always the criterion of goodness; unless and until one is trained in the culture of good association, one cannot become good
- It is a Vedic custom that the junior members of the family should offer respects to the elders every morning. The children or disciples especially should offer their respects to their parents or spiritual master in the morning
- It is not that the devotee expects any assistance from Krsna; he simply depends on Krsna just as a child depends on his parents. The child does not know how to expect service from his parents, but he is always protected nevertheless
- It is the duty of parents to hand over their daughters to suitable persons just befitting their family tradition in cleanliness, gentle behavior, wealth, social position, etc
- It is the duty of the guru, the duty of the parents, duty of the government to train people in such a way that they may become pious, sinless
- Krsna continued, "If a person is able to care for or give protection to old parents, a chaste wife, children, the spiritual master, brahmanas and other dependents but does not do so, he is considered already dead, although he is supposedly breathing"
- Krsna continued, "Indeed, the marriage was sanctioned by both your parents. Sisupala was a great king and was so lusty and mad after your beauty that if he had married you I think he would always have remained with you just like your faithful servant"
- Krsna continued, "You have forsaken all kinds of social and religious obligations; you have given up all connection with your parents"
- Krsna said, "If, after growing up, a son does not try to satisfy his parents by his actions or by an endowment of riches, he is surely punished after death by the superintendent of death and made to eat his own flesh"
- Krsna said, "The men in this group revolt against superior persons. For instance, a son, in spite of receiving all kinds of things from loving parents, may be callous and not reciprocate"
- Krsna said, "Those in this class are generally known as guru-druhah, which means they receive favors from the parents or the spiritual master and yet neglect them"
- Maharaja Pariksit inquired, "During the absence of the original cowherd boys, when Krsna expanded Himself, why is it that the boys' parents became more loving toward Him than toward their own sons?"
- Maitreya continued: After the departure of her parents, the chaste woman Devahuti, who could understand the desires of her husband, served him constantly with great love, as Bhavani, the wife of Lord Siva, serves her husband
- Material civilization without the blessing of the Lord is child's play only. As long as the parents allow the child to play, it is all right. As soon as the parents withdraw, the child has to stop
- My dear Father and Mother, a man cannot repay his debt to his parents, from whom he gets this body, which can bestow upon him all the benefits of material existence
- My dear sir, her parents will come to see you, who are exactly suitable for her, just to deliver their daughter as your wife
- Narada can deliver to anyone the transcendental loving service of the Lord as a servitor, friend, parent or lover, as one may desire out of one's own transcendental love for the Lord
- Not only for liberation must one depend on the Lord, but even for ordinary necessities in this material world. Prthu Maharaja therefore indicated that in spite of having rich parents, children are sometimes not happy
- O brahmana, the highest duty of a son, even though he has sons of his own, is to serve his parents, and what to speak of a son who is a brahmacari?
- One may not be as fortunate as Maharaja Pariksit to have the opportunity to see the Lord in the womb of his mother, but even if he is not so fortunate, he can be made so if the parents of the child desire him to be so
- One of the points of surrender is that Krsna will protect me. Then you are happy. Just like the child. He's fully surrendered to the parents and he is confident that "My father is there, my mother is there." So he's happy
- One should not become father, one should not become mother, if the parents cannot give protection to the children from the danger of birth, death, old age and disease
- One so seriously considers one's wife to be his own that he sometimes kills himself for her or kills others, including even his parents or his spiritual master or teacher
- One's elderly parents and one's sons and daughters are also very dear. A daughter is especially dear to her father, and while living at her husband's house she is always in his mind. Who could give up that association?
- Only a father and mother who can elevate their son to the spiritual platform are bona fide parents
- Parent or lover
- Parents are not unhappy when their children become spoiled, useless citizens, but they lament when they join the Krsna consciousness movement to achieve the ultimate goal of life
- Parents never take seriously the offenses of their children. I therefore beg Your pardon and ask for Your benediction
- Parents sometimes dislike our movement, just as Prajapati Daksa disliked the activities of Narada and accused Narada of dishonesty
- Sati might have concluded that she would take the risk of going to her father's house, and even if her father spoke unkindly against her she would be tolerant, as a son sometimes tolerates the reproaches of his parents
- Since You have cut the bonds of affection that compel a parent to raise his child, You appear inexperienced and unintelligent
- So children have parents, elderly persons must have grown up children to protect them, and woman must have husband
- The brahmacari, especially from the higher castes, namely from the scholarly parents (the brahmanas), the administrative parents (the ksatriyas), or the mercantile or productive parents (the vaisyas), is trained until twenty-five years of age
- The demigods said: Beloved Visvarupa, may there be all good fortune for you. We, the demigods, have come to your asrama as your guests. Please try to fulfill our desires according to the time, since we are on the level of your parents
- The devotees are also yogesvaras by the unlimited power of the Lord, just as a child is powerful by the strength of the parents. They do not try to protect themselves by any artificial means, but are saved by the mercy of the parents
- The household children are taken to practice what the parents practice, and therefore the whole generation glides towards hell. Nothing good can be expected from them unless they associate with sadhus
- The parents of the Lord (who are all pure devotees) consider Him a child only. The Lord accepts the chastisements of the parents more cheerfully than the prayers of the Vedic hymns
- The reciprocation between friends is called sakhya, the affection of a parent for a child is known as vatsalya, and the affairs of conjugal love constitute madhurya
- The relatives of the Lord are His devotees only, and they are situated in different transcendental mellows as friends, parents, and lovers
- The so-called wives and husbands, parents and children, are all concerned with reciprocal material profit. As soon as the shroud of illusion is removed, the dead body of material so-called love and affection is at once manifest to the naked eye
- Then his parents died at Kasi (Varanasi), and he became detached. He therefore returned to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, giving up all relationships with his home
- There are eight kinds of marriage, of which marriage by agreement is called gandharva marriage. Generally the parents select the husband or wife for their daughter or son, but gandharva marriage takes place by personal selection
- There are many cases of divorce, and out of dissatisfaction, the children leave the protection of their parents. Especially in this age of Kali, family life is being reduced
- There are many instances in which the parents of a female child have given someone a verbal promise that their daughter will be married to his son. Both parties agree to wait until the boy and girl are grown up, and then the marriage takes place
- There is always frustration. Even so-called "sincere'' love between lover and the beloved or husband and wife or even parents and children are so many instances of frustration
- There is no question of overpopulation or of children's being a burden for their parents in a Vedic society
- There were friends, parents and preceptors also on both sides, and all of them were killed. It was simply horrible for him (Yudhisthira) to think of such killing, and therefore he was thinking of residing in hell for millions and billions of years
- They (the gopis) then began to consider, “Despite our parents and guardians, we shall personally stop Krsna from going to Mathura. We have no alternative but to take this direct action. Everyone has gone against us to take away Krsna from our sight
- They want the children to be good, but the parents are all bad
- This body is produced by the combined efforts of the father and mother. Every human being should be obliged to his parents and understand that he cannot repay his debt to them
- This child (Pariksit) will be as strong as a lion, and as worthy a shelter as the Himalaya Mountains. He will be forbearing like the earth, and as tolerant as parents
- To take care of the child is the primary duty of the parents because if such care is taken, society will be filled with good population to maintain the peace and prosperity of the society, country and human race
- We are all part and parcel of God. Therefore, just like you are part and parcel of your parent, so there is some intimate relationship with your parents. It cannot be broken, even if you are absent from home for many years
- When bright young boys and girls receive proper guidance from parents and teachers who can lucidly answer their queries, they easily understand each point and gradually develop fine brains
- Without the attentive service of his parents, a child cannot grow to manhood; similarly, without the care of the spiritual master one cannot rise to the plane of transcendental service
- Women, they were kept strictly under the vigilance of parents, father