Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Outside"
The following 228 pages are in this category, out of 228 total.
- A person becomes agitated by so many material contacts in the outside world; therefore, in his home life he must be treated by his wife with sweet words
- A sane person who has understood the philosophy of life and death is very upset upon hearing of the horrible, hellish condition of life in the womb of the mother or outside of the mother. But one has to make a solution to the problems of life
- A yogi can place his mind and intelligence within the air circulating inside his body, and by practicing the art of breath control he can mix that air with the air that blows all over the universe outside his body
- According to the Mayavada philosophy, the cosmic manifestation is an illusory transformation of the Absolute Truth, which has no separate existence outside the cosmic manifestation. This is not the message of the Vedanta-sutra
- According to the system of worship, when something is offered to deities outside one's home, it is generally not cooked food but raw rice, bananas and sweetmeats
- According to the Vedic system, a dog is not allowed to enter the house. Because of their uncleanliness, cats and dogs are not allowed within the apartment of a gentleman, but are so trained that they stand outside
- According to Vedic principles, a householder, before taking lunch, should go outside and shout very loudly to see if there is anyone without food
- Actually a Vaisnava does not hanker after fame or a great reputation. Madhavendra Puri, the king of Vaisnavas, bore his reputation, but he wanted to keep himself outside of the vision of the general populace
- After finishing Their baths, They returned at noon to the temple. Admitting His own men, Sri Nityananda Prabhu closed the outside door
- After offering the pulp, he meditates outside the temple door. In the meantime, Lord Krsna, having eaten the pulp, leaves the plate empty
- After offering them (Bhismadeva, Dhrtarastra, Dronacarya, Duryodhana and Bahlika) due respects, he informed them that Lord Balarama had arrived at the garden outside the city gate
- After the room was washed, the water was let out through an outlet, and it then flowed and filled the yard outside
- After visiting the temple, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would remain outside during the upala-bhoga offering. He would then go meet Haridasa Thakura and return to His residence
- All the princes and visitors who came to Kundina for the marriage had assembled outside the temple to see Rukmini. The princes were especially eager to see her because they all actually thought that they would have Rukmini as their wife
- All the unauthorized interpretations of the Gita by the class of mayayapahrta-jnanah, outside the purview of the parampara system, are so many stumbling blocks on the path of spiritual understanding
- All the wives of our students should be especially trained up for Deity worship and cooking, and when possible they should go outside on Sankirtana Party with their husbands and others
- Along with this chanting of mantras and songs, bugles and kettledrums are sounded outside the house. On this occasion (the ceremony for Krsna's birth), the joyous vibrations could be heard in all the pasturing grounds and all the houses
- Although the fighting between Krsna and Jambavan went on for twenty-eight days, the inhabitants of Dvaraka waited outside the tunnel for twelve days, and after that they decided that something undesirable must have happened
- Ambika is the wife of Lord Siva and is the most exalted of chaste women. She doesn’t live outside the association of her husband. After reaching Ambikavana, the cowherd men of Vrndavana first bathed themselves in the river Sarasvati
- Another consideration was that all the friends of Kamsa outside Mathura were planning to attack Mathura. For that reason also Krsna's presence was required
- Any man outside America, he cannot come here by force. He must take the permission of the American government, visa; then he can come. So how you can go to the moon planet without taking the visa? Simply by your bodily strength? That will not be allowed
- Anything outside of Krishna Consciousness is insanity, and I am glad that you are realizing it more and more
- Arjuna then saw the effulgence of light known as the brahmajyoti. The brahmajyoti is situated outside the covering of the material universes, and because it cannot be seen with our present eyes, this brahmajyoti is sometimes called avyakta
- As proved here, the effulgence in every living being is individual. For some time, the effulgence remained outside the demon's (Aghasura) body, individually, and did not mix with the whole effulgence, the brahma-jyotir
- As soon as Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu read the two verses, He immediately tore up the palm leaf. However, all the devotees read these verses on the outside wall, and they all kept them within their hearts. The verses read as follows
- At the age of 70 I had the energy to go outside India and apart from other various duties, engage myself in writing books even at night without sleep. All these have been done in accordance with the direction of my Prabhupada Gurudeva
- Because the machine and industry, therefore, now they are producing from the university hippies. Unemployed. Thousands and thousands of young boys and girls. Girls are not meant for working outside. Girls are meant for working inside
- Being unable to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the populace outside His room would make a tumultuous sound. Thus Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would go outside and tell them, "Chant Hare Krsna"
- Bhaktisiddhanta said three words, "It is better that he is living outside your company. He will do, when time will come, he'll do himself everything. You haven't got to recommend him"
- Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura tried his best to spread the cult of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to countries outside India. When he was present he patronized the disciples to go outside India to preach the cult of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Brahma said, "If I am not so fortunate to take birth within the forest of Vrndavana, I beg to be allowed to take birth outside the immediate area of Vrndavana so that when the devotees go out they will walk over me. That would be a great fortune for me"
- Brahma said, "Krsna, the cosmic manifestation that we are visualizing at present is all within Your body. Yet I am seeing You outside, and You are also seeing me outside. How can such things happen without being influenced by Your inconceivable energy?"
- Brahmanas, they would simply advise about health and the future, so that is their profession and people give them eatables, cloth, so they have nothing to do for working outside
- By His practical example, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu has shown us that all the grains of sand must be picked up thoroughly and thrown outside. He also cleansed the outside of the temple, fearing that the grains of sand would again come within
- Desiring to test the authenticity of Nakula Brahmacari, he stayed outside, thinking as follows
- Devaki said, "You are original because all Your forms as incarnations are outside of this material creation. Your form was existing before this cosmic manifestation was created"
- Devotee means the first sign will be happy, brahma-bhutah prasannatma. If he's not prasannatma, he's a rascal. He has not entered even devotional life. He's outside. That is the test
- Dirtiness, dishonesty, thievery, faithlessness, useless quarrel, lust, anger and hankering constitute the nature of those in the lowest position outside the varnasrama system
- Do not depend on outside help. Also, for financial support depend on Krsna. That is preaching success
- Each layer (of the universe) is ten times bigger than the previous one, and the final outside layer is covered by pradhana. Within this egg is the universal form of Lord Hari, of whose body the fourteen planetary systems are parts
- Everyone should stick to the temple and the principles. Why you should go to outside? That should be stopped. You cannot go outside
- Everything belongs to God. Just like everything belongs to government, either in the prison house or outside the prison house, similarly, this material world is just like prison house, conditioned life
- Everything will come. You'll practically feel how you are becoming reformed. There is no need of wasting time. This Hare Krsna movement can be done at home, outside home, when you are working, when you are walking, every moment
- For relying upon devotees from outside to come there is not very practical business. It is better to recruit some local men and train them to do the work. But I think Madhudvisa can supply you with one or two men conveniently, you may request him this
- From the outside, the gopis could visualize all the pastimes of Krsna by hearing the descriptions of Uddhava, and from within they could remember those pastimes
- From within He (the Supersoul) is directing as caitya-guru, or the spiritual master sitting within the heart. Indirectly He is also helping the living entity by manifesting Himself as the spiritual master outside
- Get married outside the temple, take all risk for supporting wife and home, live outside the temple, like that. But they should live nearby and take part as much as possible in temple activities, such as mangala aratrik, sankirtana, etc
- Govinda will give me prasadam later, outside the door. Understanding his mind, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu did not call him again
- Greater India means India and outside also. And so far we collect records from the Mahabharata, part of Europe, also India. Up to Greek and Rome. Therefore it is called Mahabharata
- Haridasa Thakura said, "I am the most sinful and lowest among men. Later I shall eat one palmful of prasadam while waiting outside"
- He (Krsna) asked them (citizens of Dvaraka) to remain outside, He Himself entered the dark tunnel alone to find Rksa, Jambavan. After entering the tunnel, Krsna saw that the valuable jewel known as Syamantaka had been given to the son of Rksa as a toy
- He also separately offered dishes to Nrsimhadeva, his worshipable Deity. Thus he divided all the food into three offerings. Then, outside the temple, he began to meditate upon the Lord
- He is all-pervading: He is living within everyone's heart, and outside He is living as His universal form. As described in the BG, He appears as He is in the human society just to invite everyone to His transcendental abode, back home, back to Godhead
- He then went outside the house and immediately brought two coconuts. All the ladies were astonished to see such wonderful activities
- Hearing about this, everyone there came to the outside door and began chanting the holy name, "Hari! Hari!" Thus there was a tumultuous sound
- Henceforward I am not sanctioning any more marriages, and those who want to marry must know in advance and be prepared to make outside income to support wife and home separately from the temple, and in the temple husband and wife shall live separately
- Here in the Western country it is their custom that boys and girls mix, intermingle freely. How can I stop it? I may stop in my temple, but they will do it outside
- Householders may wear dhotis in the Temple, or as they like, but not of the saffron color. They may wear white, yellow, or whatever. Outside the Temple they may wear American gentleman's dress, with Tilaka, flag, and beads
- I always advise married couples that the male should be engaged in some work; but if somebody is busily engaged in our activities and therefore he cannot work outside, that is also nice. We do not press people to contribute
- I am glad that you have decided to give your time now fully to serving Krsna directly, but do not misunderstand the position of "outside" jobs. Any work performed by a devotee in KC is never work on the material platform although it may appear to be so
- I do not know why our disciples are so anxious to take sannyasa, at least those who are outside. Everyone comes: "Give me sannyasa." What is the idea?
- I have explained, chanting outside the temple and chanting in the temple, it increases the value thousand times
- I have no objection if you can develop the Press by making outside profit with commercial work and investing, that is all right
- I have no objection if you make some profit on outside work. That is very nice. My only point is that we have got our press for printing our own literatures more and more. We should not miss this point
- I offer you praise not because I think of you as being outside an intimate relationship with Me but because you are actually so qualified that one is forced to praise your qualities
- I think it is more profitable to preach about the Master of Vrndavana, Krsna, outside of Vrndavana. A devotee of Krsna can create Vrndavana everywhere by preaching the glories of Krsna
- I want to come, especially your Mauritius program is attractive, but my present state of heath will not allow me to travel outside of India. I am not having any appetite so I am eating less. By eating less where is the energy for travelling?
- I want to sit down tightly with some assistants, and spend the rest of my time translating Srimad-Bhagavatam, and other books. And train students to do preaching work on the outside
- I'll suggest instead of accepting job outside, why not try to sell our books?
- If he is not satisfied with the standard of lectures in our temple, then he should be permitted to give some lectures himself, but this habit of going outside to hear others should be stopped immediately
- If one is fixed in devotional service at the lotus feet of the Lord, he is not agitated, for he is introspective. He does not look outside to material nature, but he looks in to the spiritual nature of his existence
- If some outside party comes, they must sell books only, no collecting without selling books. They must live in the local temple and not separately, and they must follow faithfully the instructions and directions of the local president
- If they want anything extra or over and above what the temple president sees as absolute necessity, then they should work outside
- If we have got our own press, we can earn some money by outside work when there is on pressure of our own work. So this is very important subject matter and keep me informed about the advancement of the idea
- If you are absorbed in love of Godhead, then you will see God everywhere, within your heart and outside
- If you can develop such an institution for future children of the society, or outside the society, it will be great service for the humanity. I am sure Krishna will give you more and more intelligence in this matter, if you seriously think
- If you can help to organize our cow program in Mayapur, it will be a great credit for you. We must be able to grow our own fodder for the cows. We don't want to have to purchase food for the cows outside from some other party
- If you can pull on with the center without having to work outside, it is the best. If it is not possible, then the question of working outside arises
- If you say that "Krsna is all pervading. Why shall I come to the temple?" And why not in the temple if He's all-pervading? But you say, "No, I am not going to see in the temple. I shall see outside in the sky." Then you don't see
- If you simply hear and hear in the class of Krsna consciousness, and go outside and forget, oh, that is not nice. That will not make you improve. Then what is? Kirtitavyas ca: "Whatever you are hearing, you should say to others"
- In a dream Candrasekhara had seen that Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had come to his home; therefore in the morning Candrasekhara went outside the city to receive the Lord
- In all the temples of Vrndavana or outside of Vrndavana, huge quantities of food are prepared in this ceremony (of Govardhana-puja) and are very sumptuously distributed to the general population
- In His childhood the Lord was taken away by two thieves outside His home
- In my opinion all Gurukula students should be educated free of charge, but outside students may be charged
- In order to properly receive Lord Balarama, they (Kurus) all took in their hands auspicious paraphernalia for His reception and went to see Him outside the city gate. According to their respective positions, they welcomed Lord Balarama
- In the prison house there are some population, but they are not majority. The majority of the population, they're outside the prison house. Similarly, majority of living being, part & parcel of God, they are in the spiritual world. Only a few falls down
- In the spring you may lead a very big procession on Lord Caitanya's birthday. This is a good plan to celebrate this great spring festival out of doors
- Instead of sitting in their hearts to be appreciated in yogic meditation, He seated Himself by their sides. By seating Himself outside, He showed special favor to the gopis, who were the selected beauties of all creation
- It has been generalized, manda: "all bad." But only difference is that in our camp the bad's are being reformed; outside there is no reforming. There is hope of their being good, but outside there is no hope. That is the difference
- It is indicated here that in the villages or outside the towns, the inhabitants must depend on the cows for their prosperity. When the cows are destroyed, the people are destitute of all kinds of opulences
- It is now the duty of the leading men of India to consider the importance of this movement and train many Indians to go outside of India to preach this cult
- Jarasandha said, "as far as Bhimasena is concerned, I think he is a suitable competitor to fight with me." King Jarasandha immediately handed a very heavy club to Bhimasena, he himself took another, and all of them went outside the city walls to fight"
- Just like in England the British empire's policy was that you bring money from outside, deposit in the government treasury and you become lord. Exploiting, they used to go to the foreign countries and somehow or other accumulate money
- Just like in hospital there are blankets. It is written there, "Hospital Property." So long you are in the hospital, you can use it. But you cannot take it outside. Then you are criminal
- Kalidasa was standing outside the door, expecting the remnants of food from Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Knowing this, Mahaprabhu gave an indication to Govinda
- King Yudhisthira was considering performing a horse sacrifice to get freed from sins incurred from fighting with kinsmen. But he became anxious to get some wealth, for there were no surplus funds outside of fines and tax collection
- Krsna appeared outside His mother’s body as the four-handed Visnu-Narayana. Then He turned Himself into a baby and told His father to carry Him to the house of Nanda Maharaja and his wife Yasoda
- Krsna five thousand years ago appeared on this planet, but still He's famous. His worship is going on still. In India there are hundreds and thousands of temples like this. Not only in India, now outside India there are least hundreds of temples like this
- Krsna is the Godhead because He is all-attractive. Outside the principle of all-attraction, there is no meaning to the word "Godhead"
- Krsna said, "For a great personality like you (King Jarasandha), there is no distinction between relatives and outsiders"
- Krsna says, "As the material elements enter the bodies of all living beings and yet remain outside them all, I exist within all material creations and yet am not within them"
- Krsna says, "Those who are simply attached to Me by loving service. These devotees have everything at their disposal, but they desire nothing outside of My devotional service"
- Let us improve more and more, but we must always remember the standard of printing and also we should keep this motto in view that to have our own press means to do nicer work than the outside printers
- Local men must understand our philosophy, then it will be very successful. We cannot import men from outside
- Lord Nrsimhadeva is here, and He is also there on the opposite side. Wherever I go, there I see Lord Nrsimhadeva. He is outside and within my heart. Therefore I take shelter of Lord Nrsimhadeva, the original Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Madhavendra Puri, the king of Vaisnavas, bore his reputation, but he wanted to keep himself outside of the vision of the general populace
- Maya-sakti resides outside the Karana Ocean. Maya cannot touch its waters
- Mayavadis proclaim that there is no separate existence outside the impersonal Brahman and that the feeling of separation is maya, or an illusion, by which one considers a rope to be a snake
- Mukunda Datta then copied the two verses on the wall outside the room. After this, Jagadananda took the palm leaf from Mukunda Datta and delivered it to Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Murari Gupta at first did not meet the Lord (Caitanya) but rather remained outside the door, falling down like a stick to offer obeisances
- Murari Gupta at first did not meet the Lord but rather remained outside the door, falling down like a stick to offer obeisances
- My advice to you under the circumstances is that at least for one hour you must all go to have Sankirtana outside on the streets or in the park. That is your life and soul, first business
- Now that our ISKCON is growing into a huge, worldwide organization, it has come to my attention that sometimes centers are printing my literature, taking collection and spending all outside the jurisdiction of the Bhaktivedanta Book Trust
- Now this place (New Mayapura) is very nice. The outside, so pleasing, the outdoors. This facility is nowhere in America, outdoors
- Now we are under the influence of this inferior, material nature. And that, by Krsna consciousness, we shall be transferred into the superior nature. Just try to understand: a person in the prison, a person outside the prison
- Now we have "Mrdangas" and cymbals. Let us organize a Kirtana party both at New York and at San Francisco and on our off days at least twice in a week let us have our Kirtana outside
- O Brahma, please know that the universal elements enter into the cosmos and at the same time do not enter into the cosmos; similarly, I Myself also exist within everything created, and at the same time I am outside of everything
- One can see the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Govinda, always within himself and outside himself if one has developed the transcendental loving attitude towards Him. Thus for people in general He is not visible
- One cannot live outside the society of devotees; one must live in the association of devotees, where there is constant chanting and hearing of the glories of the Lord. The Krsna consciousness movement is started for this purpose
- One night while kirtana was going on inside Srivasa's house, a brahmana named Gopala Capala, the chief of the nonbelievers, who was talkative and very rough in his speech, placed all the paraphernalia for worshiping the goddess Durga outside his door
- One should not indulge in sex outside of married life, for sex is sanctioned in the scripture only in marriage, not otherwise. This is called celibacy. These are penances and austerities as far as the body is concerned
- Our preaching must be based upon the subject matter from books and nothing outside of them
- Outside He is helping, spiritual master. Spiritual master is external manifestation of the Supreme Lord
- Outside Lokaloka Mountain is the tract of land known as Aloka-varsa, which extends for the same breadth as the area within the mountain - in other words, 125,000,000 yojanas (one billion miles)
- Outside of Vaikuntha, the abode of Krsna, which is called paravyoma, is the glaring effulgence of Krsna’s bodily rays. This is called the brahma-jyotir
- Outside the city of Varanasi is a place known as Saranatha, where there is a big Buddhist stupa. Many followers of Buddhist philosophy live there, and they are known as Saranatha Mayavadis
- Outside the garden, when it was time to pull Jagannatha's car, all the workers called gaudas tried to pull it, but it would not move forward
- Outside the gateway of the temple, all the roads were also cleansed, and no one could tell exactly how this was done
- Outside the Vaikuntha planets is the atmosphere of the glowing effulgence, which consists of the supremely bright rays of the body of Lord Krsna
- Outside the Vaikuntha planets is the impersonal Brahman effulgence, and beyond that effulgence is the Karana Ocean, or Causal Ocean
- Ramananda Raya invited all the others for their meals, and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu made His resting place in a garden outside the temple
- Recently there is division of Pakistan and India. Twenty years before, this Pakistan was part of India. Now, these Muhammadans, they did not come from outside. They changed their faith from Hindus to Muhammadans. Now they divided their property
- Regarding the picture of Lord Caitanya which is outside of your temple, this is not good. We should not place our worshipable Deities as statues in the open atmosphere
- Sannyasis who do not take advantage of this life to realize Krsna simply waste their time and energy in activities outside the jurisdiction of the renounced order
- Since the Lord is the supreme enjoyer of everything in or outside the universe, it is happiness to be employed by Him
- Sisupala continued: "Krsna does not belong to a high family. He is so independent that no one knows His principles of religious life. Indeed, it appears that He is outside the jurisdiction of all religious principles"
- So far outside India is concerned, all scholars, all religionists, all philosophers, they have accepted this Bhagavad-gita as authority. So there is no doubt about Bhagavad-gita's being authority. Even Professor Einstein, he was reading regularly
- So local temple officers should be the final judge to allow or disallow anyone from outside to sell books there
- Sometimes, some outside visitors would return to Vrndavana to see Krsna and, upon seeing Him again, would exclaim
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "There is a devotee at your door. Please call him in." Going outside, Candrasekhara could not see a Vaisnava at his door
- Strictly nobody should go outside to hear lectures by others. If you are not satisfied by the calibre of the classes at the Krishna Balarama Mandir, then you should give another class, but you cannot go outside for hearing others' lectures
- Submissively offering prayers to the devotees with folded hands and offering obeisances to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the King went outside
- Such circumambulation should be performed outside the temple structure at least three times daily.) 8) One should not spread his legs before the Deity
- Svarupa Damodara Gosvami caught the Gaudiya Vaisnava by the neck and, giving him a little push, ejected him from the Gundica Puri temple and made him stay outside
- Temple or asrama means for renunciation and renounced persons. If one is engaged in self-realization process, then his material necessities become almost nil. Persons who do not like this can work outside
- The Bhattacarya noticed Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu outside, and with great haste he went to Him and offered prayers unto His lotus feet
- The body is nothing but the combination of the five gross elements - namely earth, water, fire, air and ether. Whenever there is a body, it appears that such elements are newly created, but actually the elements are always existing outside of the body
- The brahma-jyotir is the beginning of the spiritual world, and beyond the brahma-jyotir are the Vaikuntha planets. In other words, the brahma-jyotir stays outside the Vaikuntha planets, just as the sunshine stays outside the sun
- The Brahman effulgence is not visible to material eyes, but to prove that every living being is individual, Krsna had this individual effulgence stay outside the demon's (Aghasura) body for some time, for everyone to see
- The compassionate householder will supply prasada to the dogs and cats, who eat outside and then go away
- The example of the sky within the pot and the sky outside the pot may be helpful to the student for his realization of the all-pervading quality of the cosmic consciousness of the Absolute Truth
- The five material elements are existing inside and outside of every living entity. Similarly, I, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, am manifest within the heart of the devotee as well as outside his body
- The following principles should be followed strictly in our press: All the works of the press, including binding, and everything should be done by our men. We shall not accept any outside job for maintaining of this press
- The fruits were all red and yellow, with no seed inside and no skin outside, and eating one fruit would immediately fill a man's belly
- The gopis continued, "Surely He (Krsna) has nothing to do with persons who do not happen to be His family members. Friendships with those outside the family continue as long as there is some selfish interest in them"
- The Indians who are outside India, they have got a special duty
- The King then went outside and had orders written down and sent to the government servants within his kingdom
- The Krsna consciousness movement is trying to remove the ignorance of misled human beings who are trying to find water outside the jurisdiction of life
- The Lord then ordered everyone to cleanse the inside of the temple very perfectly by taking finer dust, straws and grains of sand and throwing them outside
- The Lord then told the devotees, "I can tell how much you have labored and how well you have cleansed the temple simply by seeing all the straw and dust you have collected outside"
- The mahatma does not divert his attention to anything outside Krsna, because he knows perfectly well that Krsna is the original Supreme Person, the cause of all causes. There is no doubt about it
- The Mayavada conception of perfection - an Absolute Truth without potency - is due to insufficient knowledge. Actually, outside the exhibition of His (Krsna's) different potencies, the Absolute Truth is not complete
- The Mayavada conception of perfection - an Absolute Truth without potency - is due to insufficient knowledge. Actually, outside the exhibition of His different potencies, the Absolute Truth is not complete
- The Mayavadis proclaim that there is no separate existence outside the impersonal Brahman and that the feeling of separation is maya, or an illusion, by which one considers a rope to be a snake
- The mind is constantly occupied with some kind of thought, and the subject matter of such thought cannot be outside the eight elements of Krsna's energy. One who knows this philosophical aspect of all thoughts is actually a wise man
- The Nrsimha temple (in Puri) is a nice temple just outside the Gundica temple. In this temple there is a great festival on the day of Nrsimha-caturdasi. There is also a Nrsimha temple at Navadvipa where the same festival is observed
- The population outside the prison house, their number is very great, but within the prison house there are small number, criminals. So there are innumerable living entities
- The preacher devotee is the most dearest devotee of Lord. That is stated in the Bhagavad-gita. They are going outside, they are preaching, they are meeting opposing elements
- The proprietor of the house, he will take his meals, and before taking his meals, he will stand outdoors and call, "If somebody is hungry, please come. Still there is food here." And if there is no response, then he'll take. This is the Vedic system
- The room was so constructed that there was only one door opening on the outside, which served as an entrance for Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. There was another door attached to the kitchen, and it was through this door that the food was brought
- The senses interact with the sense objects, like the ear for hearing, eyes for seeing, nose for smelling, tongue for tasting, hand for touching, and all of them are thus engaged in activities outside the self
- The spiritual master outside and the spiritual master within are both representations of the Lord. Unless one has contact with such bona fide representations, one cannot claim to be a spiritual master
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is directly and indirectly existing everywhere; He is outside this material creation, and He is also within it. He is within this material creation not only as Garbhodakasayi Visnu; He is also within the atom
- The whole idea is that we are Iskcon, a community to be independent from outside help. This farm project is especially for the devotees to grow their own food
- There are many sahajiyas who imitate Rupa Goswami not to go out of Vrndavana, but Caitanya Mahaprabhu remained always outside Vrndavana for preaching purposes, although He is is the master of Vrndavana personally
- There are many so-called followers of the Vaisnava cult in the line of Caitanya Mahaprabhu who do not scrupulously follow the conclusions of the sastras, and therefore they are considered to be apa-sampradaya, which means "outside of the sampradaya"
- There is no question of limitation according to nationalism. Whether one lives in India or outside of India, he is called a yavana or mleccha if he does not follow the Vedic principles
- These questions should be on the subject matter which we have discussed. Don't bring outside question. Then there..., it will be no end. This is not the process. When we invite question - on the subject matter which we have spoken
- These recommended processes (inhaling the breath, sustaining it, and finally exhaling) can also be performed in the reverse order. After exhaling, one can keep the air outside for some time and then inhale
- They (Krsna consciousness devotees) cannot go outside the Krsna consciousness society or movement. Within the society we must try to serve the predecessors by preaching Caitanya Mahaprabhu's cult and spreading His name and fame all over the world
- This boy is fanning me. Why? There is little miserable condition here: we are feeling too hot. So again, if you go outside, you may feel too cold. So either inside or outside, you are in miserable condition. This is called adhyatmika
- This is also nature. Everything is nature. Are you outside nature? That is another nonsense. Your body is nature; your activities are nature; everything is nature. How you can say you are out of nature
- This movement is not limited only to the cities, but is also visible outside the cities from one place to another, or from one city to another, by different means of vehicles
- This particular universe may appear as a very gigantic body, but it is nothing but the measurement of seven spans for Lord Brahma. Aside from this universe, there are unlimited other universes which are outside the jurisdiction of this particular Brahma
- This whole campus should be for devotees. We don't want tenant. And it should be developed for that purpose, for developing Krsna consciousness. Either here or outside India or anywhere, this principle should be followed
- Those outside of the Krsna consciousness movement are interested in reading heaps of newspapers, magazines and novels, solving crossword puzzles and doing many other nonsensical things
- Those who attain brahma-sayujya liberation cannot gain entrance into Vaikuntha; their residence is outside the Vaikuntha planets
- Thus in the spiritual sky there are varieties of pastimes within the spiritual energy. Outside the Vaikuntha planets appears the impersonal reflection of light
- Trying to advance in spiritual life outside the disciplic succession is simply ludicrous
- Uddhava continued, "Whatever is already being experienced, whatever is not being experienced, whatever already exists, does not exist or will exist in the future, whatever is the smallest & whatever is the biggest have no existence outside the SP of God"
- Unable to get any help from Lord Siva, the Siva-jvara could understand that he had no means of escape outside of surrendering unto Narayana, Lord Krsna Himself
- Upon accepting Yayati's old age, Puru was given the kingdom. It is said that two of Yayati's other sons, being disobedient to their father, were given kingdoms outside of India, most probably Turkey and Greece
- Vasudeva said, "Although You (Krsna) have appeared as a child in the womb of Devaki, You are also existing outside. You are always in Your abode, but still You can simultaneously expand Yourself into millions of forms"
- Vrndavana is not meant for making a solution of the economic condition. One who has no, nothing to eat outside, they should come and beg capati and roti from door to door
- Vrndavana-dhama is the innermost abode within the quadrangular realm of Svetadvipa, which lies outside of the boundary of Gokula Vrndavana
- We (the counselors of Kamsa) have nothing to fear from these demigods. They are very proud of being great fighters in peacetime outside the war field, but actually they cannot show any talent or military power on the war field
- We are not begging for livelihood, but it is for expansion of the Krishna Consciousness Movement, and members who are free are working outside and giving the result of their work for Krishna Consciousness Movement
- We are simply presenting the truth, which is that outside of Krsna Consciousness there is no hope for betterment of the troubled conditions of modern affairs, rather they are going to hell without check
- We are the only movement in the world which is preaching the real fact or secret to success, and outside our movement everything else will fail
- We can take help from outside in the matter of monetary help, either by contribution or by loan, but not to enter into transactions with outsiders. Because their aim of life is different from ours
- We can use everything - television, radio, movies, or whatever there may be - to tell about Krishna, and outside of devotional service all these modern paraphernalia are just so much rubbish
- We do not allow anyone become a preacher unless he is strictly following the Vaisnava principles of no eating meat, fish, or eggs; no sex outside of marriage; no gambling; and no taking any kind of intoxication whatsoever
- We don't want to have to purchase food for the cows outside from some other party; that will run into a great expense
- We must be very enthusiastic, that "I must surrender to Krsna. Although my mind is going outside, but I must be determined that I must surrender." This is called utsaha, enthusiasm
- We want hundreds and thousands of preachers to go outside India and preach this cult
- What is the purpose of all Vedic literatures? On whom do they focus? Who is the object of all speculation? Outside of Me no one knows these things. Now you should know that all these activities are aimed at ordaining and setting forth Me
- Whatever is to be learned of the teachings of Srila Bhaktivinode Thakura can be learned from our books. There is no need whatsoever for any outside instruction
- When anartha-nivrttih syat, all these rascal habits are gone, then nistha, then firm faith, not to be agitated. Tato nistha tatah rucis. Then taste. You cannot live outside this camp. Taste has changed
- When King Bhismaka learned that Damaghosa and his party were arriving, he left the city to receive them. Outside the city gate were many gardens where guests were welcome to stay
- When Lord Balarama reached the precincts of the city of Hastinapura, He did not enter but stationed Himself in a camp outside the city, in a small garden house
- When one takes sannyasa... These are the processes. He is not practiced to beg from door to door. Therefore in the beginning he makes a cottage outside the village, and the foodstuff comes from his home. But he has no connection
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was apparently in an angry mood and chastising His devotees, many thousands of people outside loudly cried in a tumultuous voice, "All glories to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu"
- When the large Deities are installed, the small Deities should be worshiped as Vijaya Vigraha which means this pair of Deities may go outside the Temple
- Wherever you live, at home or outside home, just keep a picture of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and chant Hare Krsna mantra before Him. Then your life will be successful
- While Candrasekhara was waiting outside the city, he suddenly saw Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu arrive, and he fell down at the Lord's feet. Being very happy, he took the Lord to his home
- While outside observing her husband, who will burn in the fire of mystic power along with his thatched cottage, his chaste wife will enter the fire with rapt attention
- While the people were offering their prayers unto the Lord, Srivasa Thakura sarcastically said to the Lord, "At home, You wanted to be covered. Why have You exposed Yourself outside"
- Why don't you take the opinion of our life members whether we should go outside Bombay like Chembur or Santa Cruz? In Santa Cruz there is a nice house for sale. Similarly we can get a place in Chembur for a nominal price only
- Within & outside of the houses there were varieties of artistic paintings, done with rice pulp, & scented water was sprinkled everywhere, even on the roads & streets. Ceilings & roofs were decorated with different kinds of flags, festoons & green leaves
- Within the prison of His maternal uncle Kamsa, where His father and mother were confined, Krsna appeared outside His mother's body as the four-handed Visnu-Narayana