Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Living Outside The Temple
Pages in category "Living Outside The Temple"
The following 21 pages are in this category, out of 21 total.
- Get married outside the temple, take all risk for supporting wife and home, live outside the temple, like that. But they should live nearby and take part as much as possible in temple activities, such as mangala aratrik, sankirtana, etc
- Grhasthas live outside the temple, for in the temple we do not allow even husband and wife to live together
- Grhasthas should live outside, and they cannot follow strictly everything, but why they should give up altogether their devotional procedures? So many big stalwart devotees are leaving, why is this?
- I am getting reports from outside that some of our family disciples, they are not very much attending temples regularly. So if they do not attend temples, do not take to the service, then gradually they'll become grhamedhi, just like ordinary karmis
- I am so much disturbed by problems caused by sex life that I am not going to sanction any more marriages. Our devotees must do it at their own risk from now on and they must provide their own income for living together outside the temple
- I want that you should give up this idea of outside living and working and regard it only as a temporary trick of Maya. I need such strong men as yourself to stick with me and together we shall go back to Home, back to Godhead
- I was very much shocked when I learned from Tamala Krsna Maharaja that you have left our company and were living outside. Anyway, I was always thinking of you and your letter of Jan. 26, 1974 gives me much relief
- If you wish to live separately you have to earn your livelihood by business, by taking some employment to maintain your home and family. But not by chanting in the street; this is not a good idea for householders
- Temple is meant for rendering service to the Lord. So if anyone is rendering service to the Lord, he can live. But not for sense gratification. Those grhasthas who still have desire for sense gratification, they may live outside
- The strict temple procedure is only for those who live in the temple. Grhasthas should live outside, and they cannot follow strictly everything
- There is no difference between brahmacari, grhastha, vanaprastha, and sannyasi. Simply grhastha means that he lives outside the temple with wife, that is the only difference
- Those who are householders living outside, they are expected to contribute fifty per cent of the income for the society, twenty-five per cent for the family, and twenty-five per cent for his personal emergency