Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
obligated | obligation | obligations | obligatory | oblige | obliged | obligely | obliges | obliging
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
Pages in category "Obligation"
The following 191 pages are in this category, out of 191 total.
- Obligation (BG)
- Obligation (CC)
- Obligation (Conversations 1967 - 1975)
- Obligation (Conversations 1976 - 1977)
- Obligation (Lectures, BG)
- Obligation (Lectures, Other)
- Obligation (Lectures, SB)
- Obligation (Letters, 1949 - 1969)
- Obligation (Letters, 1970 - 1977)
- Obligation (Other Books)
- Obligation (SB cantos 1 - 4)
- Obligation (SB cantos 5 - 12)
- A brahmacari is good for living a life of celibacy, but a person who can live a life of celibacy in the presence of a beautiful and obliging wife is more than a brahmacari
- A devotee can understand the difference between life without bhagavata-dharma and life with bhagavata-dharma and thus he ever remains obliged to the Lord
- A Krsna conscious man does not take shelter of any person - man or demigod. Whatever he does in Krsna consciousness is sufficient in the discharge of his obligation
- A person who is very peaceful, forbearing, considerate and obliging is called dhira-prasanta. This dhira-prasanta trait of Krsna was exhibited in His dealings with the Pandavas
- A person who remains steadfast in his family duty or so-called social or family obligation but does not take to Krsna consciousness receives no profit
- A pure devotee acts in such a way that he will not have his life spoiled by being obliged to accept another body and undergo the tribulations of material existence
- A pure devotee of the Lord is ashamed to ask anything in self-interest from the Lord. But the householders are sometimes obliged to ask favors from the Lord, being bound by the tie of family affection
- A self-realized man is no longer obliged to perform any prescribed duty, save and except activities in Krsna consciousness. Krsna consciousness is not inactivity either, as will be explained in the following verses
- A very nice example of this obligatory behavior was manifested when Sudama Vipra went to Krsna's palace
- According to the advice of His father, Vasudeva, He (Balarama) offered oblations to the forefathers in this Visnu temple. From here He traveled to the delta of the Ganges, where the sacred river Ganges mixes with the Bay of Bengal
- According to Vedic culture, learned men consider all natural products, such as food grains, fruits, flowers, and milk, to be God-sent. Spiritually cultured men feel obliged to the Lord when they get sufficient natural foodstuffs by the grace of the Lord
- Actually nobody wants to work but he is obliged to work because his necessities are not sufficiently met. Therefore he has to work. He has created such society that he has to work hard
- Actually we get this material body due to our ignorance. By ignorance we commit so many wrong things, and you have obliged to accept a certain type of body. Therefore it is a network of ignorance
- Actually, one is obliged to continue the term of material existence because of household life. But the Lord, being very kind upon householders, demonstrated the path of sanctifying ordinary household life
- Advaita Prabhu and Lord Nityananda Prabhu submitted these words at the lotus feet of the Lord: "The entire world is naturally obligated to You for Your transcendental attributes"
- After taking dust from the feet of Raghava Pandita, Raghunatha dasa returned to his home, feeling greatly obligated to Lord Nityananda Prabhu because of having received His merciful benediction
- Agastya Muni thought it wise to curse the King (Indradyumna) to become an elephant (Gajendra) because the powerful King did not receive Agastya Muni as one is obliged to receive a brahmana
- Although the Lord is always above material existence, through His spiritual potency He appeared and acted like an ordinary human being, accepting duties and obligations, apparently like a conditioned soul
- An outsider has no right to put any question because he is not surrendered. And a spiritual master is not obliged to answer anyone except to his disciple. This is the Vedic way
- Another instance of Krsna's feeling of obligation is stated in connection with His dealings with Jambavan
- Another stricture is that a person may have many disciples, but he should not act in such a way that he will be obliged to any of them for some particular action or some favor
- Any honest person is obliged to his friend if some service has been rendered unto Him (Krsna). Since Krsna is the supreme honest personality, how can He forget an obligation to His servitor?
- Any sincere man will feel obliged of our propaganda movement. "By distributing these books, you are doing a great service to Krsna"
- Anyone who has completely surrendered unto Krsna, Mukunda, giving up all other duties, is no longer a debtor, nor is he obliged to anyone
- Arrangement is especially made by Krsna for His devotee just to make him completely dependent upon Him and to free him from all material obligations
- As a matter of gratitude, they (human beings) should feel obliged to the Lord for their supply of foodstuff, and they must first offer Him food in sacrifice and then partake of the remnants
- As for the $150 you will be receiving each month for the next five years, I think that will be sufficient tuition for your two children at Gurukula, and that will oblige your debt to Gurukula
- As long as one maintains any conception of sense enjoyment, his mind will be absorbed in karma, fruitive activity, and this will oblige him to transmigrate from one body to another
- As soon as one engages himself in the one single obligatory duty -- the duty of spiritual perfection -- then he automatically liquidates all other obligations without having to make separate efforts
- As soon as one is born in this material world as a human being, he has so many obligations and is bound to repay all these obligations. If he does not repay them, he is further entangled in the process of birth and death
- As the son cannot repay the father, so I cannot repay the obligation I owe to you, but my sincere blessings are always upon you because you have tried to help me in a very critical time
- At the present status, I have no legal obligation to my family. Before taking to Sannyas, what ever little money I had I have given to them
- Because a devotee fully engages in the supreme service of the Lord, he automatically fulfills all other obligations and doesn't have to execute all the details of Vedic rituals
- Because He (Balarama) is omnipotent He can act as He likes, without being obliged to follow the material laws and principles. Thus it was possible for Him to kill Romaharsana Suta simply by striking him with a blade of kusa grass
- Because India is poverty-stricken, so if you do some social work, give them some medicine, give them some financial help, they think of, being obliged, and whatever you like, you can tell them
- Because Lord Krsna took birth in the house of King Nanda and mother Yasoda, the goddess of fortune was obliged to manifest her opulences in Vrndavana. It appeared that Vrndavana had already become a site for the pastimes of the goddess of fortune
- Being obliged by her love, I am brought there to eat. Mother knows all these things internally and feels happiness, but externally she does not accept them
- Bhisma and Drona were obliged to take the side of Duryodhana because of his financial assistance, although they should not have accepted such a position simply on financial considerations
- Brahma has a fabulous duration of life, but he was obliged to give up his body due to his grievous sin, even though he had merely contemplated it in his mind without having actually done it
- Brahma said, "Your appearance as a small cowherd boy, a child of the cowherd men, is not at all a material activity. You are so much obliged by their affection that You are here to inspire them with more loving service by Your transcendental presence"
- By his (Aniruddha's) bedside sitting place were other paraphernalia for residential purposes - nice drinks such as milk & sherbet and nice eatables which could be chewed or swallowed. Above all, she pleased him with sweet words and very obliging service
- By the one stroke of devotional service, if someone gives up all obligations and simply surrenders unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he is no longer a debtor, nor obliged to any other source of benefit
- By tricks of chance one may be obliged to adopt a profession which is not very adorable in society, but that does not hamper one in executing devotional service to the Lord
- Caitanya then preached pure bhakti and instilled into their hearts spiritual love for Krsna which obliged them to give up sectarian feelings
- Caturmasya should be observed by all sections of the population. It does not matter whether one is a grhastha or a sannyasi. The observance is obligatory for all asramas
- Dantavakra said, "I am always very much obliged to my friends, and I therefore consider myself indebted to my dear friend Salva. I can liquidate my indebtedness to him only by killing You"
- Dear Syamasundara, they (the gopis) said, we are all Your eternal servitors. Whatever You order us to do, we are obliged to perform without hesitation because we consider it our religious duty
- During the Khandava forest fire, Krsna saved the demon Mayasura. Upon being saved, Mayasura felt obliged to the Pandavas and Lord Krsna, and he constructed a wonderful assembly house within the city of Hastinapura
- Duty you sometimes may avoid, and you may be excused, but obligation we cannot. Obligation means you have to
- Even after traveling all over the universe, from Brahmaloka to Patalaloka, one cannot escape the attack of birth, death, disease and old age. But one who enters the kingdom of God, the Lord says, is never again obliged to come to the material world
- Even if we want to live here amid miseries, material nature will not allow us to do so. It will oblige us to change bodies and enter another atmosphere full of miserable conditions
- Every human being is indebted to God, the demigods, great sages, other living entities, people in general, forefathers, etc., for various contributions received from them. Thus everyone is obliged to repay the debt of gratitude
- Everyone has his proprietary right in regard to prescribed duties, but should act without attachment to the result; such disinterested obligatory duties doubtlessly lead one to the path of liberation
- Everyone has to take sannyasa. It is not that a particular man, simply Caitanya Mahaprabhu has to take sannyasa. No. That is obligation. You must
- Everyone should act yajna. Yajna means work to satisfy the Supreme Lord. That is called yajna. If we do not do that, then we shall be obliged
- Everyone, beginning from the small insect known as indra-gopa up to Indra, the King of the heavenly planets, is obliged to undergo the results of his fruitive activities
- Experienced material scientists have been obliged to accept the fact that the living spark cannot be duplicated by material science
- Hayasirsa Purana states, "I simply pray to be an eternal servant at Your lotus feet. Kindly oblige me and give me this benediction"
- He (Lord Balarama) took His bath, and then He worshiped in the local temples of the demigods and, as enjoined in the Vedic literature, offered oblations to the forefathers and sages
- He (Sarvajna) had two sons, named Aniruddhera Rupesvara and Harihara, who were both bereft of their kingdoms and thus obliged to reside in the highlands
- He who has completely surrendered himself in the activities of Krsna consciousness is no longer obliged to anyone, nor is he a debtor to anyone, as one is in the ordinary course of activities
- Heavy taxation obliges one to hide his income, but despite this endeavor the government agents are often so vigilant and strong that they take all the money anyway, and the conditioned soul becomes very aggrieved
- His (a person who is fully Krsna conscious) duty becomes self-illuminated by the grace of the Lord, and therefore he no longer has any obligations to the Vedic injunctions
- His (Krsna's) body is a vehicle for His transcendental pleasure pastimes, which are enacted by His internal potency. He has no obligation to the laws of karma
- How the demigod had been obliged to accept the body of a lizard was not a secret to Lord Krsna, but still, for others' information, the Lord inquired
- I am counting every moment for starting the Temple of Sri Sri Radha Krishna and here is the opportunity now which we must utilize without delay. Please therefore reply this letter immediately per return of post and oblige
- I am crying alone in the wilderness at the present moment. So please help me in this noble cause and oblige
- I feel obliged to this benevolent lady in so many ways for her helping this Krishna Consciousness Movement. I wish that Lord Krishna may give her a long life fully engaged in the service of the Lord
- If a ksatriya or a rich man fails to comply with this obligation (to give a donation), he must be very sorry for this discrepancy
- If one is too materialistic but at the same time wants to be a servant of the Supreme Lord, the Lord, because of His supreme compassion for the devotee, takes away all his material opulences and obliges him to be a pure devotee of the Lord
- If one performs his duties very nicely in the material world, God is obliged to give one the desired result
- If one surrenders fully unto Krsna - Krsna is Mukunda - then he is no longer any more indebted to all these obligations. He is immune. At one stroke he becomes liquidated from all obligation
- If people do not start eating prasadam, grains will no longer be produced, and people will simply starve. Indeed, not only will people be obliged to eat less, but they will kill one another and eat each other's flesh
- If we can manage successfully, we will be attractive for the whole of India. Our task is very heavy, do not neglect by paltry disagreement. I hope Krishna will bless you to understand my heart and oblige
- If you accept God as son, then you cannot avoid the obligation of service
- If you think you shall be able to sell them you can keep the books on sales account and in that case you will please immediately hand over two sets of Book (Srimad-Bhagavatam) to Srimati Sumati Morarji as abovementioned and oblige
- In Christian Bible they pray, "O God, give us our daily bread." So one should accept that it is supplied by God. So if one does not even accept this obligation, then he is sinful, certainly
- In modern civilization, human society is too busy in discharging national duties. Actually, national duties, social duties and humanitarian duties are obligatory only to those who are bereft of spiritual duties
- It has become an obligation, that one must go out of his home, of his village, of his country. That is defective. There was no need of so many transports. People remained locally. One has to go for livelihood hundred miles. This is defective
- It is also Krishna's Grace that I got good father, and a good Spiritual Master, and in my old age also, Krishna has favored me with so many good children. So when I feel I see that Krishna is so kind upon me, so I offer my obligations unto Him
- It is clearly stated in this verse that anyone who addresses the Lord (Krsna) immediately attracts the attention of the Lord, who always remains obliged to him
- It is the devotee's attitude of love and affection for Krsna that makes Him obliged
- It is the duty of a father and mother to arrange for the marriage of their sons and daughters. That is the obligation in Vedic society
- Just like a good son, when he feels that "Father has done so much for me. I must repay it, or at least I must accept obligation what my father has done for me," this much feeling is called Krsna consciousness
- Just like we are obliged to pay tax to the water department, to the fire department, to the education department, so many departments government. Or once we pay our income tax, that is distributed to so many departments
- Karabhajana Muni addresses Maharaj Nimi as follows, "Nor has he any obligation to perform the different kinds of activities we render to the great sages, ancestors, living entities and family and society members"
- Karabhajana Muni said, "Neither has he any need to bother executing the five kinds of yajnas (sacrifices) for becoming free from sinful contamination. Simply by discharging devotional service he is freed from all kinds of obligations"
- Kindly inquire into this matter and do the needful. Either Indian or foreign whoever joins us they are not under any obligation, our only tie is Love of Godhead. It should be our definite policy that nobody is ill treated that he may go away
- King Bhismaka was not enthusiastic about handing his daughter (Rukmini) over to Sisupala, but he was obliged to accept the marriage settlement due to his affectionate attachment for his eldest son (Rukmi), who had negotiated it
- King Prataparudra said, "You are very fortunate, for you have been graced by the touch of Srivasa Thakura. I am not so fortunate. You should feel obliged to him"
- Kings like Janaka were all self-realized souls; consequently they had no obligation to perform the prescribed duties in the Vedas. Nonetheless they performed all prescribed activities just to set examples for the people in general
- Krsna continued, "Without caring for social convention and religious obligations, you (the gopis) have come to Me and loved Me, and I am so much obliged to you that I cannot treat you as ordinary devotees
- Krsna continued, "You have forsaken all kinds of social and religious obligations; you have given up all connection with your parents"
- Krsna said, It appears that they are trying to get out of the darkness that has obliged them to accept the form of trees. The trees born in the land of Vrndavana are not ordinary living entities
- Krsna said: "Only in order to save them (cows) from the danger of your (Kaliya's) presence have I been obliged to banish you from this place"
- Krsna thought, "Sudama has not come asking anything from Me; being obliged by the request of his wife, he has come to see Me just to please her."
- Later Hussain Khan somehow or other was appointed Nawab by the central Muslim government. As a matter of obligation, he increased the opulences of Subuddhi Raya
- Lord Siva, being kind toward him (Daksa), awarded him punishment to neutralize the offense. King Daksa realized this and, feeling obliged for Lord Siva's magnanimous behavior, wanted to show his gratitude
- No one should be puffed up for his powers borrowed from the Lord. The sane man should rather feel obliged to the Lord for such benefactions and must utilize such power for the service of the Lord
- Nobody is independent of the laws of Krsna. Everyone is under the obligation of the laws of the Krsna. But one is voluntarily accepting and one is whimsically rejecting
- Occupational duty means to stick with one type of occupation which is just suitable for me, considering that it is my duty, therefore I am throughout my life obligated to perform it to the best of my ability
- On hearing this (Arjuna took a vow to kill him), Jayadratha wanted to leave the warfield and asked permission from the Kauravas for this cowardly action. But he was not allowed to do so. On the contrary, he was obliged to fight with Arjuna
- One day Bhisma, in order to nullify Krsna's promise, exhibited his fighting spirit so magnificently against Arjuna that Krsna was obliged to get down from His chariot
- One is called undisturbed who goes to an unknown, remote place and, freed from all obligations, quits his material body when it has become useless
- One may think that because he is surrendering unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he will not be able to perform all of his other obligations
- One who has taken shelter of the Supreme Personality of Godhead is completely protected from all other influences. He no longer serves or is obliged to anyone else. Of course he is not disobedient to anyone
- One who is vasudeva-parayana, or seriously engaged in the devotional service of the Personality of Godhead, Vasudeva, need not care for any other obligation
- Our duty and religious obligation is to go out into the streets where the people in general can hear the chanting and see the dancing
- People thought, "What is the use of calling a brahmana for puja part? There is no necessity. Stop it." So naturally the brahmanas were obliged to accept to the business or occupational duties of the ksatriyas or the vaisyas or even sudras
- People who are attached to the impersonal feature of the Lord are obliged to take great trouble, yet nevertheless they cannot understand the Absolute Truth
- Pradyumna Misra said, "My dear Lord, You have made me extremely obliged to You because You have drowned me in a nectarean ocean of talks about Krsna"
- Prajapati Daksa argued that although the renounced order is recommended for liberation, one cannot attain liberation unless one fulfills his obligations to the demigods, the saints and his father
- Regarding your getting married, I have no objection. However as a brahmacari you are not obligated to marry, what is the advantage to your getting married? That should be considered
- Regarding your husband taking sannyasa, you should not worry as we shall see to the matter later, not now, and I promise you he will certainly fulfill his family obligations in Krishna Consciousness
- Religion can be performed by a person who has full conception of God. Without God, religion is a farce. That is not religion. Religion means you must have obligation to God, you must have clear conception of God
- Similarly, we are obliged to our forefathers because we take our birth in a particular family, where we take all advantages and inherit property
- Simply by seeing you, I have become purified. I am very much obligated to you, for my life is now successful
- Since Daksa's sons (Haryasvas and Savalasvas) had not liberated themselves from these three debts (obligations to the demigods, the saints and their father), how could Narada Muni have led them to the renounced order of life?
- So far as getting yourself married is concerned, I have no objection. Be sure that you can meet the obligations of Grihasta order of life and then when you find a nice girl you may marry with my blessings
- So far I am concerned, I could not live like Bhaktivinode Thakura because I was disgusted with my family members and I was obliged to give up my family life
- So to anyone who is constantly engaged in addressing the Lord and His energy, we can imagine how much the Supreme Lord is obliged. It is impossible for the Lord to ever forget such a devotee
- So-called attachment, detachment and obligations pertain to the material nature, which is an emanation from the Supreme Personality of Godhead, but whenever the Lord descends and acts in this material world, He does so in His spiritual position
- Sometimes He (Lord Krsna) creates an awkward situation, and the devotee becomes obliged to renounce all worldly affairs. The devotee can understand by the signal of the Lord, but others take it to be unfavorable and frustrating
- Sudama thought, "How can I appreciate my obligation to Him? When I was tired, Rukminidevi, the goddess of fortune, began to fan me, holding the camara whisk in her own hand. She never considered her exalted position as the first queen of Lord Krsna"
- The appearance of Godhead in some particular family does not mean that He is limited by obligations to that family. He is fully independent and may appear and disappear anywhere and everywhere, because He is all-pervading
- The brahmanas were so satisfied by this charitable action (after Krsna's appearance) that they were obliged to say that the charity of Nanda Maharaj had excelled the charity of such past kings as Maharaj Prthu and Nrga
- The conditioned soul is obliged to gratify his senses, and thus all his money is spent. This money is actually acquired for the execution of religious principles, but it is taken away by the plundering senses
- The disciple may misunderstand a bona fide spiritual master being obliged to do so under pressure of Maya's influence. But a bona fide spiritual master never lets go a devotee once accepted
- The fighting was conducted in the ksatriya spirit, so all together (Karna, Sala, Bhuri, Yajnaketu, Duryodhana and Bhismadeva), although it was improper, they obliged Samba to get down from his chariot, now broken to pieces
- The fruitive activities of a living entity simply create another dangerous position and oblige him to accept different types of bodies
- The government gives everyone the facilities for governmental action and management, but by one's own choice one creates a situation which obliges him to exist under different types of consciousness
- The living being's constitutional position is one of serving a superior. He is obliged to serve by force the dictates of illusory material energy in different phases of sense gratification. And in serving the senses he is never tired
- The Lord addressed Srivasa and his brothers with great love and affection, saying, "I am so obliged that I am purchased by you four brothers"
- The Queens continued, "So we are very much obliged to you (the cuckoo). Please let us know how we can welcome you or how we can do something for you"
- The sex drive is so strong in the living entities that the whole material world is running on sex attraction only, and it is due to sex attraction that one remains in the material world and is obliged to accept different types of bodies
- The significance of offering respectful obeisances to a superior is that the one offering obeisances is obliged to the respected person. In other words, Rukmini implied that she would remain ever grateful to the brahmana
- The Society will be obliged to you by your intellectual service more than by money; because you are a family man and you require money
- The spiritual master must not be subjected to the advice of a disciple, nor should a spiritual master be obliged to take instructions from those who are not his disciples. This is the sum and substance of Srila Rupa Gosvami's advice in the sixth verse
- The statement of the brahmana Sudama is correct. An ordinary man who is very poor and prays to the Lord for benediction in material opulence, and who somehow or other becomes richer in material opulence, immediately forgets his obligation to the Lord
- The subtle psychic life will develop again in another suitable body, by the process of transmigration of the spirit soul, and thus put them in ordeals of different wheels of action and reaction by obliging them to transmigrate from one body to another
- The system of bowing the head to the ground to show respect to superiors is an excellent etiquette which obliges the honored guest deep into the heart
- The transcendentalist has no responsibility for the results of his work, may those results be good or bad in the estimation of worldly people. The transcendentalist acts under the impetus of his obligation to do everything for the sake of Sri Krsna
- The whole period, either lunar or solar, takes place during the rainy season. Caturmasya should be observed by all sections of the population. It does not matter whether one is a grhastha or a sannyasi. The observance is obligatory for all asramas
- There are certain philosophical speculations that even the Lord is under the obligations of fruitive action. But actually this is not the case. He does not depend on the action of any good or bad work
- There is no question of remaining lazy. Just like the hippies. They do not work, but when they do not get food from anywhere, they go and work. Is it not? So he will be obliged to work
- They may go sometimes. Just like in India, they used to live locally, but at the same time they used to go to the pilgrimages by walking. It is not prohibited that one should not go out, but when one goes out, he goes out of pleasure, not as obligation
- This body is produced by the combined efforts of the father and mother. Every human being should be obliged to his parents and understand that he cannot repay his debt to them
- This knot is called ahankara, and it falsely obliges a living being to become identified with matter. As soon as this knot is loosened, therefore, all the clouds of doubt are at once cleared off
- This world is so made that even if we do not want to be sinful, the circumstances is so made that we'll be obliged to commit sins. It is such a place. Therefore in Srimad-Bhagavatam it is stated that this place is padam padam yad vipadam
- Today I may be in good position, I may be millionaire, I may be prime minister, but when death will come it will take everything from you, and it will oblige you to go to a species form of life which you cannot deny
- Under all these obligations, the advisory council of the king would give correct directions, and the king or executive head, being himself a qualified devotee of the Lord, would scrutinizingly follow them for the welfare of the state
- Unfortunately, especially in this age, men and women unite for unrestricted sexual enjoyment. Thus they are victimized, being obliged to take rebirth in the forms of animals to fulfill their animalistic propensities
- Unless one is situated in Krsna consciousness, his material consciousness will oblige him to transfer from one body to another because he has material desires since time immemorial
- Visnu said: My dear father and mother (Vasudeva and Devaki), you have therefore raised Me many times as your child, with great affection and love, and I am therefore very much pleased and obliged to you
- Visvamitra became a great yogi, and yet he failed to check his senses and thus was obliged to become the father of Sakuntala, the beauty queen of world history
- We are indebted to devarsi, devata, the demigods. The demigods. Just like Indra. He supplies us water. Just like we are obliged to pay tax to the water department, to the fire department, to the education department
- We are supremely under control. So therefore we have got certain obligation. Just like we are controlled by the government. So we have got some obligation also, to pay tax to the government, the income tax
- We cannot destroy family. But on one condition we can become free from all this obligation. What is that? Gatah sarabyam parihrtya kartum. Saranyam. Mukunda-caranam. One who has dedicated his life simply to serve Mukunda
- We receive so many letters from our foreign student how they're feeling. Because they have taken seriously, they're feeling obliged that "We have got life pratyaksavagamam.'' Pratyaksa means direct
- What ungrateful devotee will not worship the Lord and enter into His devotional service? Actually, a devotee cannot forget his obligation to the Supreme Personality of Godhead even for a single moment
- When Caitanya took sannyasa, so mother became very much upset: "Oh, that I have no husband, and this boy is going to take sannyasa." Naturally. But that is a different case. For Krsna's sake, we can forsake our obligatory duties
- When food is offered to Krsna with love and devotion and He is pleased and accepts it from the devotee, Rukminidevi, the goddess of fortune, becomes so greatly obliged to the devotee that she has to go personally to the devotee’s home
- When I become servant of maya, even I do not wish to do something which is not very good, still I am obliged to do it
- When Lord Buddha preached his theory of nonviolence, he was obliged to deny the authority of the Vedas, and for this reason he was considered by the followers of the Vedas to be a nastika
- When there is no attachment or no spontaneous loving service to the Lord, one is engaged in the Lord's service simply out of obedience to the spiritual master's order or in pursuance of the scriptures, such obligatory service is called vaidhi-bhakti
- When there was a fight among the princes, Pradyumna came out victorious, and therefore Rukmi was obliged to offer his beautiful daughter to Pradyumna
- While Sanatana Gosvami was in Gauda-desa, he was thinking, "The Nawab is very pleased with me. I certainly have an obligation"
- Why they should accept Bhagavata? We are not accepting Bible, so why they should accept Bhagavata? That is no argument. You must present the Vedic knowledge in such a way that they will be obliged to accept: "Yes, it is right."
- Will you kindly send me a detailed report of your activities regarding Mayapur affairs? Please send me a report every week & oblige
- Without obligation to the many duties of the world