Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
impose | imposed | imposer | imposes | imposing | imposition | impositions
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Impose"
The following 39 pages are in this category, out of 39 total.
- A living being is never independent and can never appear independently. Rather, one is forced to accept a body imposed upon him by maya according to his past karma
- Any country where people indulge in unnecessary killing of animals will have to suffer from wars and pestilence imposed by material nature
- King Nagnajit continued, "I have imposed this test just to understand the prowess & position of my intended son-in-law. You, Krsna, are the chief of all heroes. I am sure You will be able to bring these seven bulls under control without any difficulty"
- Krsna consciousness is not artificially imposed upon the heart, it is already there. When one chants the holy name of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the heart is cleansed of all mundane contamination
- Krsna continued, "You (King Nagnajit) may also be pleased to be informed that in Our family tradition there is no scope for Our offering anything in exchange for accepting your daughter (Satya). We cannot pay any price you may impose for delivering her"
- Krsna may meditate on Himself because He is the complete whole, but we cannot imitate Him and meditate on ourselves. Our body is a designation superimposed upon our self, the soul. Krsna's body is not a designation: Krsna's body is also Krsna
- Regarding London temple, I can appreciate very much that your goodness is anxious to have an imposing temple in London, so in my next opportunity I shall take up this matter more seriously and I shall let you know in due course
- Regarding the Life Members, you cannot impose rules on the guests. They can remain two or three days as guests, so there should be no difficulty
- The difference between self-realization and material illusion is to know that the temporary or illusory impositions of material energy in the shape of gross and subtle bodies are superficial coverings of the self
- The foolish impersonalists still maintain that the Lord is formless and that these forms are impositions. From the study of the Gita does it appear that the demigods and their abodes are impersonal?
- The Govardhana-puja ceremony took place on the new-moon day. After this, there were torrents of rain and hailstorms imposed by King Indra for seven days. Nine days of the waxing moon having passed, on the tenth day King Indra worshiped Lord Krsna
- The impersonalist may say that the Bhagavatam devotees create and imagine someone as the Supreme Personality of Godhead and assign qualifications to Him; but actually it is neither imagination nor an imposition of artificial power
- The monistic contention that ultimate truth is formless and that form is imposed does not hold true
- The situation of the gopis is perplexing, for although they did not want personal happiness, it was imposed upon them. The solution to this perplexity is that Sri Krsna's sense of happiness is limited by the happiness of the gopis
- The sufferings are not extraneously imposed upon them; rather, the conditioned souls create their own suffering by their own acts
- The welfare state imposes upon citizens scorching taxes - income, sales, land, terminal, and many other taxes. But in due course, when the taxes accumulate into a large sum of money, they are utilized for the welfare of the citizens in various ways
- There are multifarious miseries in material existence - those pertaining to the body and the mind, those imposed by other living entities and those imposed by natural disturbances. But a sadhu is not disturbed by such miserable conditions
- There are sufferings imposed by natural phenomena. So because we have got this body, we are subjected to threefold miseries of life. And we are hankering after eternal life, blissful life, life of knowledge
- There are two types of punishment. One is that which a conqueror imposes on an enemy, and the other is like that a father imposes on his son. There is a gulf of difference between these two kinds of punishment
- This is called adhibhautika, suffering imposed by other living entities - the mosquitoes, the bugs. Then enemies. Suffering
- This isolation that has been imposed on the New York temple that you speak of is not good and it should be dissolved. Your program of travelling to the nearest temples is a good program
- Tribulations imposed upon the devotees by the Lord constitute another exchange of transcendental bhava between the Lord and the devotees
- We are imposing some tapasya, that "Don't indulge in these things. No illicit sex, no intoxication, no meat-eating, no gambling." These are the items of tapasya for advancing in Krsna consciousness. So is it very difficult? It is not difficult
- We must adopt civil disobedience. There is no other, second way. "Capriciously you cannot impose anything against the law, against the judgment. If you do, then we shall also disobey." That should be the last resolve
- We should very seriously execute this Krsna consciousness. Without any deviation, very seriously. We should not be neglectful, that this is fashion or something imposed