Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
debt | debted | debts
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
Pages in category "Debt"
The following 58 pages are in this category, out of 58 total.
- A conditioned soul considers property for which he is in debt to be his own, and he is very busy acquiring such property. But a devotee considers such property not real property but simply an entanglement in the material world
- A joker's activities simply arouse laughter, and a person who tries to repay the spiritual master or teacher of the transcendental message of Krsna becomes a laughingstock just like a joker because it is not possible to repay such a debt
- According to moral instructions, one should not neglect to extinguish fire completely, treat diseases completely, and clear debts completely
- Advaita Acarya considered the meaning of the verse in this way: "Not finding any way to repay the debt He owes to one who offers Him a tulasi leaf and water, Krsna thinks, 'There is no wealth in My possession that is equal to a tulasi leaf and water'
- Because of my intimate relationship with them, I have absolved Gopinatha Pattanayaka of all his debts. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu does not know this fact. Whatever I have done is because of my intimate relationship with the family of Bhavananda Raya
- By the grace of Krsna, we have no debts. No. We have no scarcity of money. They will simply find out. Now in Bombay I am getting from my Book Fund seven lakhs of rupees per month regularly
- Even if one does not repay his debts, he is freed from all debts if he renounces the material world for the sake of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, whose lotus feet are the shelter of everyone. This is the verdict of the sastra
- Every human being is indebted to God, the demigods, great sages, other living entities, people in general, forefathers, etc., for various contributions received from them. Thus everyone is obliged to repay the debt of gratitude
- Everyone is indebted to the demigods, to living entities in general, to his family, to the pitas and so on, but if one fully surrenders to Krsna, Mukunda, who can give one liberation, even if one performs no yajnas, one is freed from all debts
- Go personally to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and keep Him at Jagannatha Puri with great attention. I shall excuse Gopinatha Pattanayaka from all his debts
- Gopinatha Pattanayaka was lifted onto the canga to be killed, and all his money was taken away, but instead his debts were excused, and he was appointed collector in the same place
- Govinda replied, "I shall never be able to repay My debt to you. Lord Jagannatha has saved You. I am insignificant"
- I am a mendicant and have no money. How can I clear My debt for the favor you have shown Me
- I must admit that in many lives it would be impossible for Me to repay My debt to you because you have cut off the bondage of family life just to search for Me. Consequently I am unable to repay you
- In his childhood Madhvacarya was known as Vasudeva, and there are some wonderful stories surrounding him. It is said that once when his father had piled up many debts, Madhvacarya converted tamarind seeds into actual coins to pay them off
- In India, according to Vedic civilization, one is very much afraid of taking loan from others because he has conviction, "If I do not pay, then in my next life I'll have to pay many times. So I must liquidate my debt." That's a fact
- In the Mahabharata, Krsna says, "When I was away from Draupadi, she cried with the words, 'Hey, Govinda!' This call for Me has put Me in her debt, and that indebtedness is gradually increasing in My heart"
- In this material world we have got so many debts. But people do not care for it. Just like we are receiving light from sun, but what we are paying to the sun?
- It is a bad policy to send good money after bad money as in the matter of paying some past debts. That is not good business proposal
- It is the duty of the husband to liquidate his debt to his wife. The wife gives her sincere service to the husband, and he becomes indebted to her because one cannot accept service from his subordinate without giving him something in exchange
- It is understood that the Back To Godhead department is in debt by $52,000.00. I am very sorry that this has increased so much. Therefore I am sending $20,000.00. So please continue to print Back To Godhead magazine without hesitation
- It was not the desire of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu that Gopinatha Pattanayaka be excused of his debt to the government, nor was it His desire that his salary be doubled or that he be reappointed collector at the same place
- Marrying and begetting a child is considered to liquidate one's debts to the family in which one is born
- My dear Father and Mother, a man cannot repay his debt to his parents, from whom he gets this body, which can bestow upon him all the benefits of material existence
- My disciples here are Godsend, they are all more than my father and mother, and they are taking so much care for me that I shall never be able to repay the debts
- Not all husbands are as able to appreciate the good qualities of their wives, but even though one is able to appreciate these qualities, it is still not possible to repay the debt to the wife
- Not finding any way to repay the debt He owes to one who offers Him a tulasi leaf and water, Lord Krsna thinks, "There is no wealth in My possession that is equal to a tulasi leaf and water"
- On one hand Gopinatha Pattanayaka was unable to clear his debt even by selling all his possessions, but on the other his salary was doubled, and he was honored with the silken wrapper
- Out of His causeless mercy upon Me, Advaita Acarya has also come here. I am indebted to Him for His affectionate behavior. This debt is impossible for Me to liquidate
- Sages said, "In order to liquidate all these debts, one has to perform sacrifices, study the Vedic literature and generate children in religious householder life"
- Sages said, "Today you have already liquidated your debts to your forefathers and the sages. Now, by performing sacrifices, you can free yourself from indebtedness to the demigods and thus take complete shelter of the Supreme Personality of Godhead"
- Since Daksa's sons (Haryasvas and Savalasvas) had not liberated themselves from these three debts (obligations to the demigods, the saints and their father), how could Narada Muni have led them to the renounced order of life?
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "You have brought Me here to show Me Vrndavana. I am very much indebted to you, and I shall not be able to repay this debt"
- The King of Kasi had a son whose name was Sudaksina. After observing the ritualistic funeral ceremonies (of his father), he took a vow that since Krsna was the enemy of his father, he would kill Krsna and in this way liquidate his debt to his father
- The King said, "I shall absolve Gopinatha Pattanayaka of all his debts, but don't speak of this to the Lord. Simply let Him know that all the family members of Bhavananda Raya, including Gopinatha Pattanayaka, are naturally my dear friends"
- The Lord bound everyone by His transcendental mercy. Who can repay his debt for the mercy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- The note also mentioned that Advaita Acarya had recently incurred a debt of about three hundred rupees that Kamalakanta Visvasa wanted to liquidate
- The son of a brahmana must undergo celibacy (brahmacarya) to clear his debts to the saintly persons, he must perform ritualistic ceremonies to clear his debts to the demigods, and he must beget children to become free from his debts to his father
- The son of a brāhmaṇa must undergo celibacy (brahmacarya) to clear his debts to the saintly persons, he must perform ritualistic ceremonies to clear his debts to the demigods, and he must beget children to become free from his debts to his father
- This body is produced by the combined efforts of the father and mother. Every human being should be obliged to his parents and understand that he cannot repay his debt to them
- This body was raised by you, and it comes from you. I cannot repay this debt even in millions of births
- Thus the Lord liquidates the debt by offering Himself to the devotee. Considering in this way, the Acarya began worshiping the Lord