Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
meetings | meeting
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
- ► Krsna's Meetings (1 C, 21 P)
- ► Our Meetings (Disciples of SP) (93 P)
- ► Radharani's Meetings (1 C, 3 P)
- ► Sambhoga (5 P)
Pages in category "Meeting"
The following 149 pages are in this category, out of 149 total.
- BBT meetings
- Meeting in the University
- Separation and meeting
- The meeting of Aniruddha and Usa, who was Banasura's very beautiful daughter, caused a great fight between Lord Krsna and Lord Siva
- There is a story in Sanskrit, udarendriyanam. Udarendriyanam. There was a meeting of all the parts of the senses, that, "We are working, and the stomach is sitting idly, and he is simply eating. So let us get into strike. We shall not work."
- A carpenter is called to fight? A cow slaughterer is called to preside over the meeting? What is this? One must be fit for the business
- A person who is in pure bhakti-yoga, or in K.C., does not arouse the senses while meeting the demands of the body. Rather, he accepts the bare necessities of life, making the best use of a bad bargain, & enjoys transcendental happiness in K.C.
- According to the Vedic system, if someone sees a Muslim he must perform rituals to atone for the meeting. Sanatana Gosvami always associated with Muslim kings. Not giving much attention to the Vedic injunctions, he used to visit the houses of Muslim kings
- Actually with such meetings between two friends, there are so many feelings involved that it is difficult to ascertain when these feelings are actually becoming compatible and when they are becoming incompatible
- Actually, we have to conquer birth, death, disease and old age, and because there is no possibility of overcoming all these miserable conditions, due to the illusion of maya, we are simply meeting with parabhava, or defeat
- After seeing the very opulent capital city, Akrura met King Dhrtarastra. He also saw grandfather Bhisma sitting with him. After meeting them, he went to see Vidura and then Kunti, Akrura's cousin
- After the meeting, the young brahmana started for Vrndavana. Upon arriving there, he first offered his respectful obeisances to the Deity and then narrated everything in full detail
- Akrura happened to be one of the cousins of Kunti; therefore, after meeting him, she began to inquire about her paternal relatives
- All the people of the village then called for the elderly brahmana and brought him to their meeting place. The young brahmana then began to speak before them as follows
- All the Yadus and the residents of Vrndavana felt such great pleasure in meeting and talking together that it was a unique scene
- Arjuna's brothers were at that time living incognito under agreement with Duryodhana, and Arjuna and his brothers attended the meeting of Draupadi's selection in the dress of brahmanas
- As soon as Gopinatha Acarya saw Nityananda Prabhu, he offered his obeisances unto Him. In this way, meeting all the devotees, he asked about news of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu again and again
- As we go on chanting Hare Krishna, in the pure status, we shall be on the loving platform and at that time, we shall feel the greatest separation from the Lord; but that feeling of separation from the Lord is more relishable than meeting the Lord
- At one such meeting, while he (the brahmana) was very faithfully hearing about Vaisnava activities, he was informed that these activities can be performed even by meditation
- At this meeting of all the inhabitants of Gokula, a cowherd man named Upananda, who was the most mature in age and knowledge and was very experienced according to time, circumstances and country, made this suggestion for the benefit of Rama and Krsna
- Before meeting death one is sure to become a diseased invalid, and when he is neglected by his family members, his life becomes less than a dog's because he is put into so many miserable conditions
- But after hearing of Bhrgu Muni's experience in meeting all three predominating deities - Lord Siva, Lord Brahma and Lord Visnu - the sages concluded that Lord Visnu is the Supreme Truth, the Personality of Godhead
- Dharma is translated in English as "religion," but actually, it does not convey the real import of dharma. As I have many times explained in these meetings, that dharma means some particular characteristic which you cannot change
- Dvarakadhama was considerably big, containing many highways, streets and public meeting places with parks, gardens and reservoirs of water, all very nicely decorated with flowers and fruits
- Even at the last stage of his life, his assistant warned, "Mahatma Gandhi, don't go to the New Delhi meeting. I have some friends, and I have heard there is danger"
- Even today in India these two classes of devotees still criticize each other, and especially in South India the followers of Ramanujacarya and the followers of Sankaracarya hold occasional meetings for understanding the Vedic conclusion
- Eventually there was a meeting with Svarupa Damodara Gosvami, and the Lord became very greatly pleased. Then there was a meeting with Sikhi Mahiti and with Bhavananda Raya, the father of Ramananda Raya
- Every human being dislikes meeting death, but he does not know how to get rid of death. The surest remedy for avoiding death is to accustom oneself to hearing the nectarean pastimes of the Lord
- For twenty consecutive years this meeting took place, and the situation became so intense that the Lord and the devotees could not be happy without meeting one another
- From a distant place, Gopinatha Acarya and Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya watched the meeting of all the Vaisnavas with Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Haridasa Thakura accepted food daily at the house of Advaita Acarya. Meeting together, the two of them would taste the nectar of discourses on the subject matter of Krsna
- He (Uddhava) had a farewell meeting with the gopis, and, taking permission from them also, he mounted his chariot to start for Mathura
- Hearing the emphatic statement of the younger brahmana, some atheists in the meeting began to cut jokes. However, someone else said, "After all, the Lord is merciful, and if He likes, He can come"
- Here as soon as there is little sunshine, oh, today, "Good morning." Today is very good morning. In London, Lennon's gardener, he was meeting, I was walking. He was Mr. Johnson or something
- Highly advanced ecstasy is divided into two categories - madana and mohana. Meeting together is called madana, and separation is called mohana
- Hold a meeting among the Gaudiya Vaisnavas here, and I will explain the position. Now we should combine together and fight
- I especially like your idea to speak to many students, and if they are important meetings, I have no objection to travelling to other cities in Japan
- I have explained tonight in the temple meeting that Krishna does not live in Vaikuntha nor does He live in the hearts of the yogi. But He lives there where His pure devotees chant His glories
- I request you to preside over this meeting (of the League of Devotees) and give me some time at your convenience so that the meeting can be arranged accordingly
- I thank you very much for your kind invitation to visit Mauritius. I am pleased to inform you that I am arriving at Port Louis from Bombay on the afternoon of September 30th instant. I look forward to meeting with Your Excellency
- If one develops this laulyam, or excessive eagerness for meeting and serving the Lord in a particular way, that is the price to enter into the kingdom of God
- If you kindly let me know whether we can talk about Bhagavad-gita as it is, in the church attached to the United Nations. Such meeting and discussions would be of great interest to many persons, and would be extremely beneficial to everyone involved
- In a meeting of learned men, when there are congratulations or addresses for the speaker, the qualifications of the congratulator should be as follows. He must be the leader of the house and an elderly man. He must be vastly learned also
- In great eagerness, Caitanya Mahaprabhu crossed the meeting hall and entered the room where food was offered, just to see the face of Lord Jagannatha
- In such assemblies, the great sages present usually discuss Vedic subject matters and philosophical topics, and in this particular meeting the following question was raised
- In that meeting, King Sisupala was also present. He was an avowed enemy of Krsna for many reasons, especially because of Krsna's having stolen Rukmini from his intended marriage ceremony
- In the absolute platform, there is no difference of separation and meeting. The separation is also meeting, rather in separation one relishes the loving relationship more tasty
- In the Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu it is stated that all those who attended the pious meeting held by Lord Brahma for the study of Vedic literature like the Upanisads became overwhelmed with ecstatic love for Krsna, the chief of the Yadu dynasty
- In the spiritual world, separation is more relishable than meeting
- In these meetings of the Vaisnavas, Advaita Acarya used to recite the Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam, decrying the paths of philosophical speculation and fruitive activity and establishing the superexcellence of devotional service
- In this meeting at Kuruksetra, Kuntidevi and Vasudeva, who were sister and brother, met after a long separation, along with their respective sons and daughters-in-law, children and other family members
- In this meeting, Upananda, the brother of Nanda Maharaja, was present. He was considered to be learned and experienced, and he was a well-wisher of Krsna and Balarama. He was a leader
- In this way Damodara Pandita went to Nadia (Navadvipa). After meeting mother Saci, he stayed under the care of her lotus feet
- In this way the meeting place was washed, the entire yard, the raised sitting places, the kitchen and every other room
- It is not feasible for me to attend this meeting, so it appears wise you can go as my disciples on my behalf
- King Ugrasena then called for a meeting of all important kings and chiefs. He also invited Satrajit, and before the whole assembly Krsna explained the incident of the recovery of the jewel from Jambavan
- Krsna consciousness is so universal and perfect that it can appeal to everyone, irrespective of his position; therefore I fervently appeal to you, all present in this meeting, to extend your cooperation for successful execution of this great movement
- Krsna did not reply to even a single accusation made by Sisupala, but all the members except few, present in the meeting were very much agitated because it is the duty of any respectable person not to tolerate blasphemy against God or His devotee
- Krsna's rasa-lila should not be discussed in public meeting. It is most confidential. Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu never discussed. He discussed Krsna's pastimes, lila with gopis, with His confidential, very confidential circle
- Kunti & Madri, decided that Kunti should live for the maintenance of the Pandavas, & Madri should accept the sati rituals by meeting voluntary death along with her husband. This agreement was endorsed by great sages like Satasrnga
- Laksmana said, "My dear Queen, you will be surprised to know that at my svayamvara meeting there were many famous kings and heroes present"
- Like the ksatriyas, Devala also allowed his daughter to select her own husband in a svayamvara meeting, and at that ceremony all the bachelor sons of the rsis were invited. According to some, he is not Asita Devala.
- Lord Caitanya met the two brothers Dabira Khasa and Sakara Mallika in a village known as Ramakeli in the district of Maldah, and after that meeting the brothers decided to retire from government service and join Lord Caitanya
- Lord Krsna replied, "My dear brahmana, go back to your home and call a meeting of all the men. In that meeting, just try to remember Me"
- Maitreya was a great sage and a learned scholar-philosopher but not a pure devotee of the Lord, and therefore his meeting with the Lord at that time may have been due to ajnata-sukrti
- Meeting after long separation, they (all the Yadus and the residents) were all jubilant; their hearts throbbed, and their faces appeared like freshly bloomed lotus flowers
- Meeting the Supreme Personality of Godhead in the instruction of the spiritual master. This is technically called vani-seva
- Mitravinda said, "My dear Draupadi, there was a great assembly of princes at my svayamvara ceremony (the personal selection of a husband). Lord Krsna was also present in that meeting, and He accepted me as His maidservant"
- Mukunda Datta offered obeisances unto Gopinatha Acarya upon meeting him. Then the Acarya embraced Mukunda Datta and inquired about news of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Narayana Rsi told Naradaji that the same question Naradaji had raised had been discussed in that meeting on Janaloka. This is the way of understanding through the parampara, or disciplic succession
- Now that attachment has become a natural sequence between Ourselves. It is not that it is due to Krsna, the enjoyer, nor is it due to Me, for I am the enjoyed. It is not like that. This attachment was made possible by mutual meeting
- Now you go arrange a meeting between me and your uncle. Let him do whatever he thinks best. I shall completely depend on his decision
- One can realize all three transcendental features of the Absolute Truth (Bhagavan; Paramatma; and Brahman) simply by studying the condition of the gopis in their meeting with Uddhava, as described in Srimad-Bhagavatam
- One may sometimes be faced with a grievous situation created by a brahmana, but instead of meeting him with a similar mood, one should try to pacify him with a smiling face and mild treatment
- One should see that because of the meeting of material nature and the living entity, the universe is acting uniformly. Thus one should neither praise nor criticize the characteristics or activities of others
- One who is not very expert in preaching may chant in a secluded place, avoiding bad association, but for one who is actually advanced, preaching and meeting people who are not engaged in devotional service are not disadvantages
- Our meeting was Krishna's desire. Apparently it was accidental but actually it was Krishna's plan
- People can hold meetings to glorify the Lord in their respective languages and with melodious songs, and if such performances are executed in an offenseless manner, it is certain that the participants will gradually attain spiritual perfection
- Pure devotees always engage in pure devotional activities, and therefore their meeting with the Lord is natural
- Raghunatha dasa arranged a meeting between his uncle and the caudhuri. The matter was settled, and everything was peaceful
- Real yoga practice entails meeting the Paramatma within the heart and then following His dictation. For one who takes to Krsna consciousness directly, perfect surrender to the dictation of the Lord follows automatically
- Recently one lecture of mine is arranged in our Indian Government House (New India House) organized by the Tagore Society of New York who organize such meeting only for the most distinguished persons
- Regarding the book distribution to the Indians, yes that was my program. Hold a meeting and sell books. These books are not fiction or imagination. If the Indians like the authority of the books, take advantage and distribute profusely
- Sahadeva said, "Just as by watering the root of a tree one automatically waters the branches, twigs, leaves and flowers, so by offering the first worship to Krsna we shall satisfy everyone present in this meeting, including the great demigods"
- Scented waters prepared by distilling flowers like rose and keora were requisitioned to wet the roads, streets and lanes of Dvaraka-dhama. Such places, along with the marketplace and public meeting places, were thoroughly cleansed
- She thought of Him in the calm and quiet atmosphere of Vrndavana, dressed as a cowherd boy. But at Kuruksetra He was in a royal dress and was accompanied by elephants, horses and crowds of men. Thus the atmosphere was not congenial for Their meeting
- Sisupala said, "I can see that in this meeting there are many personalities who have undergone great austerities, who are highly learned, and who have performed many penances"
- Sisupala said, "Many sages & elder persons are present, but still they have accepted the statement of a foolish boy. This means by the influence of time even the intelligence of such honored persons as those present in this meeting can be misdirected"
- So the word pavarga signifies our struggle for existence and our meeting with defeat, exhaustion, bondage, fearfulness and, at last, death
- Some of them, who thought that they could not properly take action against Sisupala, left the assembly in protest, covering their ears with their hands in order not to hear further accusations. They left the meeting, condemning the action of Sisupala
- Sometimes in big meetings people come to take the same advantage by touching our feet. On account of this, sometimes we have to suffer from some disease
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu spoke thus to Lord Jagannatha, "You are the same Krsna, and I am the same Radharani. We are meeting again in the same way that We met in the beginning of Our lives"
- Sukadeva Gosvami said, "My dear King, if you want to be fearless in meeting your death next week (for actually everyone is afraid at the point of death), then you must immediately begin the process of hearing and chanting and remembering God"
- Svarupa Damodara and Ramananda Raya then devised various means to pacify the Lord. They sang songs of meeting that transformed His heart and made His mind peaceful
- The brahmana was acquainted with Bhagavan Acarya, one of the devotees of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Therefore after meeting him at Jagannatha Puri, the brahmana made his residence at Bhagavan Acarya's home
- The different rasas are also divided into two kinds of ecstasy, called yoga and viyoga, or meeting and separation. In the rasas of friendship and parenthood, the feelings of meeting and separation are various
- The ecstasy exhibited before the lover and beloved meet, the ecstasy experienced between them after meeting, the state of mind experienced by not meeting, and the state of mind experienced after meeting but fearing separation are called vipralambha
- The ecstasy of separation of Spiritual Master is even greater ecstasy than meeting with Him
- The fifth part (of Lalita-madhava) deals with the achievement of Candravali, the sixth with the achievement of Lalita, the seventh with the meeting in Nava-vrndavana and the eighth with the enjoyment in Nava-vrndavana
- The first letter, pa, comes from the word parabhava, which means "defeat." In this material struggle for existence, we are simply meeting defeat
- The great sage Narayana continued, "In this meeting, all the great sages and brahmacaris very elaborately discussed the point about which you have asked Me, and their discussion was very interesting"
- The great sage Narayana continued, "Their discussion was on the subject matter of understanding the Absolute Truth, Brahman. You were not present at that meeting because you had gone to see My expansion Aniruddha, who lives on the island of Svetadvipa"
- The great sage Narayana continued, "There was a great meeting of the denizens of the heavenly planets, and almost all the important brahmacaris, such as the four Kumaras - Sanandana, Sanaka, Sanatana and Sanat-kumara - attended"
- The highways, subways, lanes, markets and public meeting places were all thoroughly cleansed and then moistened with scented water. And to welcome the Lord (Krsna), fruits, flowers and unbroken seeds were strewn everywhere
- The importance of discussing Srimad-Bhagavatam in the society of pure devotees is explained by Saunaka Muni during the meeting at Naimisaranya, in the presence of Suta Gosvami
- The inhabitants of Vrndavana were well-wishers and intimate friends of the Yadu dynasty. This meeting of the two parties after long separation was a very touching incident
- The King asked Sukadeva Gosvami: Where and when did the meeting and discussion take place between Saint Vidura and His Grace Maitreya Muni? Kindly oblige, my lord, and describe this to us
- The Lord's eyes filled and overflowed with unlimited tears, like the Ganges and Yamuna meeting in the sea
- The management must be very first class. If required we can keep some paid men. Amateur management is not always efficient. I approve of your ideas for management. We shall get it passed by resolution meeting. I like the ideas
- The meeting of Aniruddha and Usa, which caused a great fight between Lord Krsna and Lord Siva, is very mysterious and interesting. Maharaja Pariksit was eager to hear the whole story from Sukadeva Gosvami, and thus Sukadeva narrated it
- The mystic tolerates all sorts of tribulations in order to visualize the localized aspect of the Supreme Spirit. In other words, he does not care about what it may take, even if it means meeting with death, to realize his ideal, which has no equal
- The period of separation, evaluated transcendentally, is more relishable than the actual meeting, which lacks the feelings of increasing anticipation because the lover and beloved are both present
- The preacher devotee is the most dearest devotee of Lord. That is stated in the Bhagavad-gita. They are going outside, they are preaching, they are meeting opposing elements
- The society was divided into brahmanas, ksatriyas, vaisyas and sudras, and the members of this society would limit their endeavors to meeting their minimum demands. The brahmanas, in particular, would have no material desires
- The specific quality of this assembly house was that anyone participating in a meeting within it would overcome the influence of invalidity due to old age
- The study of compatibility and incompatibility sometimes becomes very involved, and a hint of why this is so is given as follows. When a friend meets another friend, the mellow produced out of that meeting is generally taken as very palatable
- The whole Vrindaban city appreciated my service in the foreign countries. Both the Municipality Chairman officially as well as the Vrajavasi public gave me address of welcome in great meetings
- The wife who is thinking of her lover is always thinking of meeting him, even while she is carrying out her household chores. In fact, she carries out her household work even more carefully so her husband will not suspect her attachment
- There are many who observe silence some day in a week. Vaisnavas, however, do not observe such silence. Silence means not speaking foolishly. Speakers at assemblies, conferences and meetings generally speak foolishly like toads
- There is no prohibition against meeting the proper needs of the senses, but unnecessary sense enjoyment is detrimental for spiritual advancement. Therefore the senses should be restrained from unnecessary use
- They executed the required austerities and penances in their lives and were liberal, meeting the standard of qualified brahmanas
- This holy place, Naimisaranya, is still existing in India, and in ancient times it was especially used for the meetings of great sages and saintly persons with the aim of understanding spiritual life and self-realization
- Thus I have described the meeting of Raghunatha dasa with Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Anyone who hears about this incident attains the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Thus one day the elderly brahmana called for a meeting of all his relatives and friends, and before them all he narrated what had taken place in front of Gopala
- Two co-wives, namely Kunti and Madri, decided that Kunti should live for the maintenance of the five minor children, the Pandavas, and Madri should accept the sati rituals by meeting voluntary death along with her husband
- Unfortunate people find enough time to hear idle social and political conversations, but when invited to attend a meeting of devotees to hear Srimad-Bhagavatam they suddenly become reluctant
- Upon meeting Advaita Acarya, Haridasa Thakura offered Him respect and obeisances. Advaita Acarya embraced him and showed respect to him in return
- Vasudeva continued to say that the maintenance of religious principles, economic development and the satisfactory execution of meeting the demands of the senses depend on cooperation among relatives, nations and all humanity
- Vipralambha serves as a nourishing element for future meetings. When the lover and beloved meet all of a sudden and embrace one another, they feel an ecstasy of happiness, and the state of mind they experience in that ecstasy is called sambhoga
- We had a very nice meeting in the California State College it was grand successful. They are going to arrange again like that in Berkeley college where they are expecting three thousand audience
- We have seen many philosophical speculators. They are simply talking in the meeting. But that's all. And if we take, study their private character it is less than ordinary man
- When Devananda was expounding the Mayavadi interpretation, Srivasa Thakura was once present in his meeting, and when he began to cry, Devananda's students drove him away
- When I was in London I went to Oxford and there was a very successful meeting. Therefore I think Oxford will be a good center for our activities
- When Lord Balarama arrived, all the participants in the meeting (at Naimisaranya) - great sages, ascetics, brahmanas and learned scholars - immediately arose from their seats and welcomed Him with great honor and respect
- When Lord Balarama visited that place (Naimisaranya) there was a great sacrifice being performed by a great assembly of transcendentalists. Such meetings were planned to last thousands of years
- When Ramananda Raya requested the King to allow him to stay with the Lord, the King immediately gave him permission with great satisfaction. As for the King himself, he began to solicit Ramananda Raya to make a meeting arrangement
- When spiritual instincts, which are inherent qualities in every living being, are kindled by daily prayer meetings, it is then only the people in general develop the qualities of the gods and the Trust Board of Mahatma Gandhi Fund should not miss this
- When the lover and the beloved have a distinct feeling of not meeting each other, that stage is called purva-raga, or preliminary attraction
- When there is a congregation of devotees, their discussions, questions and answers become conclusive to both the speaker and the audience. Thus such a meeting is beneficial for everyone's real happiness
- When there was a meeting of great sages at Naimisaranya, Suta Gosvami was reciting Srimad-Bhagavatam, and the importance of the Ganges was stated
- When they returned to Dvaraka, they described with great satisfaction the sacrifice performed by Vasudeva, their meeting with various friends and well-wishers, and various other incidents that had occurred during their travels in the places of pilgrimage
- Whether connected or not connected, the ecstatic emotion arising due to not being able to embrace and kiss each other as desired is called vipralambha. This vipralambha helps nourish emotions at the time of meeting
- While the men were meeting in that way, the women also met one another in the same manner. They embraced one another in great friendship, smiling very mildly, and looked at one another with much affection
- Why should you say, "Oh, I am Christian. I am Jew. I cannot attend your meeting." Why should you say, "Oh, I cannot allow you to speak in my church." If I am speaking about God, what objection you have got?
- Your eagerness to get me back in the states will surely be a success because I'm also eager to return. Tears for Krishna is as good as associating with Him personally. In the spiritual world separation is more valuable than meeting
- Your plan to spend up to one month in each big university city sometimes taking an apartment for conducting regular evening meetings is approved by me