Pages in category "Caitanya's Meetings"
The following 99 pages are in this category, out of 99 total.
- After composing this verse and putting it on the roof of his house, Srila Rupa Gosvami went to bathe in the sea. In the meantime, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to his hut to meet him
- After Ramananda Raya's arrival, Caitanya Mahaprabhu bestowed His mercy upon Kasi Misra and met Pradyumna Misra and other devotees. At that time three personalities - Paramananda Puri, Govinda and Kasisvara - came to see Lord Caitanya at Jagannatha Puri
- After the end of Caturmasya, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued traveling throughout South India. At that time He met Paramananda Puri
- After this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to meet Haridasa Thakura, and He saw him engaged in chanting the maha-mantra with ecstatic love. Haridasa chanted, "Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare"
- After thus instructing the devotees, the Lord asked their permission to go to Jagannatha Puri. He assured them that at intervals He would come there and meet them again and again
- After visiting the temple, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would remain outside during the upala-bhoga offering. He would then go meet Haridasa Thakura and return to His residence
- After walking and walking, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu finally arrived at Varanasi, where He met Candrasekhara, who was coming out of the city
- All the devotees then went to Haridasa Thakura, saying, "The Lord wants to meet you. Please come immediately"
- As previously, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu converted to Vaisnavism many people He met on the road. After some days, the Lord reached the banks of the river Godavari
- As the Lord ran in ecstasy to meet the singer, thorny hedges pricked His body
- At that time, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went there to meet him, and when He saw the leaf pushed into the roof and saw the verse, He began to read it
- At the house of Advaita Prabhu, He met His mother as well as all the devotees from Mayapura. He adjusted everything and then went to Jagannatha Puri
- At this time, all the devotees from Bengal arrived, and, as previously, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu met them with great feeling
- Because He had met them all at Santipura, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu requested all the devotees not to go to Jagannatha Puri that year
- Because Lord Caitanya could not meet the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, His mind burned. He began to ask Krsna about the means by which He could reach Him
- Because of engaging in the service of the Muslim government, the three brothers (Rupa Gosvami, Sanatana Gosvami and Vallabha) received the title Mullik. When Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu visited the village of Ramakeli, He met Vallabha there
- Eventually Narahari dasa and other inhabitants of Khanda, along with Sivananda Sena, all arrived, and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu met them
- Eventually there was a meeting with Svarupa Damodara Gosvami, and the Lord became very greatly pleased. Then there was a meeting with Sikhi Mahiti and with Bhavananda Raya, the father of Ramananda Raya
- Every day Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would go there to meet these two stalwart devotees and discuss topics of Krsna with them for some time
- I am merely an insignificant jiva, so what power do I have to give directions to You? By Your own personal choice You will meet with the King. I shall see it
- I have briefly described the meeting between Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Ramananda Raya. No one can actually describe this meeting exhaustively. It is even impossible for Lord Sesa Naga, who has thousands of hoods
- I have thus explained the Lord's meeting with Vallabha Bhatta. By hearing of this incident, one can achieve the treasure of love for Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- I have tried to preach the pastimes of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's meeting with Ramananda Raya in accordance with the notebooks of Sri Svarupa Damodara
- I shall not meet the King at the request of all the devotees, but I shall do so if Damodara will give his permission
- I thought that once again I would see and meet all the devotees and take them with Me to Vrndavana
- If a mendicant meets a king, this world and the next world are both destroyed for the mendicant. Indeed, what is there to say of the next world? In this world, people will joke if a sannyasi meets a king
- If one hears with faith and love these pastimes concerning Lord Caitanya’s meeting with Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, he very soon is freed from the net of speculation and fruitive activity and attains the shelter of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's lotus feet
- If one of these three was not present, He would meet the others. That was His regular practice
- In front of the temple (in Ambika-kalana) there is a big tamarind tree, and it is said that Gauridasa Pandita and Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu met underneath this tree
- In his book Caitanya-candrodaya, Kavi-karnapura, the son of Sivananda Sena, has elaborately described the meeting between Sri Rupa Gosvami and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- In the meantime, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, accompanied by His personal associates, met all the Vaisnavas on the road with great jubilation
- In the Ninth Chapter I have described the Lord's tour of South India and the different places of pilgrimage. In the Tenth Chapter I have described His meeting with all His devotees
- In the Twentieth Chapter the Lord's meeting with Sanatana Gosvami is described. The Lord described the personal features of the Supreme Personality of Godhead in depth
- In this meeting both the scholars (the Lord and Prakasananda) had a long discourse on the spiritual values of the sankirtana movement, and a summary is given below
- Indeed, I have come here just to meet you. It is very good that even without making an effort I have gotten your interview here
- Lord Caitanya met the two brothers Dabira Khasa and Sakara Mallika in a village known as Ramakeli in the district of Maldah, and after that meeting the brothers decided to retire from government service and join Lord Caitanya
- Lord Caitanya took great pleasure in meeting with them
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu accepted Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya's request that He meet Ramananda Raya. Bidding Sarvabhauma farewell, the Lord embraced him
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then went to the house of the brahmana who had invited Him and took His lunch there. When the evening of that day arrived, both Ramananda Raya and the Lord were eager to meet each other again
- On the next day, after visiting the temple of Jagannatha as usual, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu met Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, Ramananda Raya and Svarupa Damodara
- On the next day, Caitanya Mahaprabhu again met Rupa Gosvami, and with great mercy the Lord introduced him to all the devotees
- Once the Lord mistook the forest on the bank of the river Godavari to be Vrndavana. In that place He happened to meet Ramananda Raya
- One day Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu met Haridasa Thakura as usual, and in the course of discussion He inquired as follows
- One day when the Lord came to meet them, He suddenly began speaking to Sanatana Gosvami
- Out of fear of committing offenses, Sanatana Gosvami did not come forward to meet Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. The Lord, however, went forward to meet him
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya knew this would happen, and thus to rectify My heart, which is very hard, he asked Me to meet you
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya spoke of your good qualities, and he made a great endeavor to convince Me to meet you
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya then said, "We shall go once again to the Lord, but we shall not request Him to meet the King. Rather, we shall simply describe the good behavior of the King"
- Seeing the boy, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu immediately remembered Krsna. Meeting the boy in ecstatic love, the Lord began to speak
- Since I am in the renounced order, it is as dangerous for Me to meet a king as to meet a woman. To meet either would be just like drinking poison
- Some days later, Caitanya Mahaprabhu passed that way, and when He met Devananda He chastised him severely because of his Mayavada interpretation of Srimad-Bhagavatam
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "I received much pleasure from the talks of Ramananda Raya." The Bhattacarya replied, "For this reason I requested that You meet him"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu could understand that the person who had come to bathe in the river was Ramananda Raya. The Lord wanted so much to meet him that His mind immediately began running after him
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu delivered almost all the fallen souls by directly meeting them. He delivered others by entering the bodies of great devotees, such as Nakula Brahmacari
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu derives no happiness from meeting one who is not a pure devotee of Krsna. Thus because Gopala Bhattacarya was a Mayavadi scholar, the Lord felt no jubilation in meeting him
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu desired to meet all the devotees of Bengal every year. Therefore He ordered them to come to see the Ratha-yatra festival every year
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "I met Srila Rupa Gosvami at Prayaga. He attracted and satisfied Me because of his qualities"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "My dear Ramananda, you should make this request after duly considering whether it is befitting for a sannyasi to meet a king"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "Rupa Gosvami met Me at Prayaga. Knowing him to be a suitable person, I naturally bestowed My mercy upon him"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu requested Haridasa Thakura, "Remain here and chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra. I shall personally come here to meet you daily"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "I met your two brothers, Rupa and Anupama, at Prayaga. They have now gone to Vrndavana"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then met Sri Ranga Puri and mitigated all the sufferings of a brahmana named Ramadasa
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was very glad to read about the false Sita, and He remembered His meeting with Ramadasa Vipra, who was very sorry that mother Sita had been kidnapped by Ravana
- The anxiety caused by separation from Krsna has made Me (Lord Caitanya) impatient, and I can think of no way to meet Him. O My friends, you are also deranged by lamentation. Who, therefore, will tell Me how to find Him?
- The devotees gave their opinion and said, "The Lord will never meet the King, and if we requested Him to do so, the Lord would surely feel very unhappy"
- The Lord delivered the fallen souls in some places by meeting them directly, in other places by empowering a pure devotee, and in still other places by appearing before someone Himself
- The Lord met all the devotees one after the other, and looking at everyone's face individually, He embraced them tightly
- The Lord went to Jagannatha Puri and visited Lord Jagannatha's temple. He also met with Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya. All these pastimes have been very elaborately explained by Vrndavana dasa Thakura in his book Caitanya-bhagavata
- The meeting of Rupa Gosvami and Vallabha with Caitanya Mahaprabhu at Allahabad is described in the Madhya-lila, Chapter Nineteen
- The meeting of Sanatana Gosvami and Lord Caitanya teaches us that to understand spiritual subject matters one must approach a spiritual master like Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and make submissive inquiries
- The meeting of Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya with Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu is vividly described in Madhya-lila, Chapter Six
- The next year, all the devotees of Bengal went to visit Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and as previously, the Lord met each and every one of them
- The next year, as usual, all the devotees from Bengal went to Jagannatha Puri, and, as in previous years, there was a meeting between Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and the devotees
- The Seventh Chapter (of the Antya-lila of Sri Caitanya-caritamrta) tells how Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu met Vallabha Bhatta and dismantled his false pride in various ways
- The supreme desire to deliver the entire world meets in the two of Them, and for that reason also They are one and the same
- Their meeting is exactly like a mixture of condensed milk and sugar candy. When they talk of the pastimes of Radha and Krsna, camphor is added. One who tastes this combined preparation is most fortunate
- Then Advaita Acarya took mother Saci within the house. The Lord was immediately ready to meet all the devotees
- Thereafter the Lord delivered love of Krsna to His mother, Sacidevi, nullifying her offense at the feet of Advaita Acarya. Thus there was a meeting with Advaita Acarya, who later had a vision of the Lord's universal form
- Thereafter the Lord went to Gaya. There He met Srila Isvara Puri
- This year I shall personally go to Bengal and meet all the devotees there, headed by Advaita Acarya
- Those narrations tell how Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu met the brothers Rupa and Sanatana and how Nrsimhananda decorated the road. I (Krsnadasa) have already described these in an earlier synopsis of this book; therefore I will not repeat the narrations here
- Thus I have described how the Lord again met with Sanatana Gosvami. By hearing this I can understand the Lord's desire
- Thus I have described the second meeting of Rupa Gosvami and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Anyone who hears of this incident will certainly attain shelter at the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Thus in great anxiety they all walked to Jagannatha Puri, where Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu met them as usual
- Thus neglecting the blasphemy of the Varanasi Mayavadis, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu proceeded to Mathura, and after visiting Mathura He returned to meet the situation
- Thus Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His personal devotees met Rupa Gosvami and Haridasa Thakura. The Lord then sat down in an elevated place with His devotees
- When Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu was a student, He asked whomever He met to chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra. In this way He inundated the whole town of Navadvipa with the chanting of Hare Krsna
- When Lord Caitanya met Sri Ramananda Raya on the bank of the Godavari, the varnasrama-dharma followed by the Hindus was mentioned by the Lord
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu arrived at southern Mathura from Kamakosthi, He met a brahmana
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was thus unconscious, He happened to meet the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Consequently He got up and immediately made a tumultuous sound, very loudly declaring, "Now Krsna, the great personality, is present"
- When the devotees finally reached the lion gate, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard the news and personally went to meet them
- When the Lord and Laksmidevi met, their relationship awakened, having already been settled, and coincidentally the marriage-maker Vanamali came to see Sacimata
- With great difficulty I went to the town of Ramakeli, where I met two brothers named Rupa and Sanatana