This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► God's Doing (2 C, 36 P)
Pages in category "Krsna's Doing"
The following 104 pages are in this category, out of 104 total.
- A preacher is giving real sense. To awaken this sense, Krsna had to come personally. And he is doing the same work: "Surrender to Krsna." How much great service it is
- After doing so (eating some particle of vegetable sticking to the pot), the Lord asked Draupadi to call for her guests, the company of Durvasa
- After Krsna did this (killed Gardabhasura), they all returned home, and their report of the day's activity perturbed Mother Yasoda because Krsna had been sent alone into such danger in the Talavana Forest. Thus she looked upon the boys with anger
- All the affairs of the entire world and the entire cosmic manifestation are working under His (Krsna's) direction, through His different energies. Still, when there is a need to take care of His friends, He does this personally
- Also, when the gopis first came to Him, He gave instructions to them to return to their homes. To call the wives of other persons or young girls & enjoy dancing with them is certainly abominable according to the Vedas. Why should Krsna have done this?
- Although He has no obligatory duty, still He does everything so that others may follow. That is the way of factual teaching; one must act properly himself and teach the same to others, otherwise no one will accept one's blind teaching
- Although the Lord personally has nothing to do with material creation, maintenance and destruction, He causes all these things to be done by His plenary expansion, the Paramatma
- An example sometimes given to explain the position of the Supreme Lord is that of the sun, which evaporates urine from the earth but is never affected by contamination. The Supreme Lord can never be accused of doing anything wrong
- Arjuna, after hearing from Krsna about the outcome of the Battle of Kuruksetra, became enlightened, and as a great devotee and friend of the Supreme Personality of Godhead he said that everything done by Krsna is quite fit
- Because of your honest desire, all living entities within the universe will be delivered, for Krsna does not have to do anything to deliver all the living entities of the universe
- Brahma and Indra, they are not fools. When they saw that "A boy is in Vrndavana, and He is accepted as the Supreme Lord, and He is doing something like God. Let us test"
- Brahma found Krsna, the S. P. of Godhead, playing the part of a small cowherd boy; he saw that little child with a lump of food in His left hand, searching out His friends and calves, just as He had been doing one year before, after their disappearance
- By doing so (breaking the family affection) He (Krsna) causes the devotee to become completely dependent on Him and thus clears the path for his going back to Godhead
- By the arrangement of yogamaya, all the gopis and gopas thought that the accident (of the cart) had taken place because of some bad planet or some ghost, but in fact everything was done by Krsna and enjoyed by Him
- Four principles of material existence are necessary for the spiritual advancement of human society, and although Lord Krsna had no need to do so, He exhibited His household activities so that people might follow in His footsteps for their own interest
- From the previous chapter it is clear that no one can act the way Lord Krsna does. We should clearly note this fact: the activities of the Lord should be followed, but they cannot be imitated
- From the Vedic mantras we learn that the Supreme Personality of Godhead has nothing to do: na tasya karyam karanam ca vidyate. But if the Supreme Lord has nothing to do, how can we speak of the activities of the Supreme Lord
- He (Krsna) is Himself the awarder of fruitive results. He is self-sufficient, and yet He acts according to the rulings of the revealed scripture in order to teach us the process. If He does not do so, the common man may go wrong
- He (Krsna) therefore told Narada, "Since Your Holiness is a brahmana, it is Our duty to offer you something as far as possible. Therefore, I beg you to please order Me. What can I do for you"
- His (Krsna's) transcendental relation with Arjuna was in friendship, and the Lord therefore played the part perfectly, as He did with His parents, lovers and wives
- How we can understand Bhagavan's energy, how we can understand His creative energy, and what is the potency of Bhagavan, how He is doing that, everything - that is also a great science. That is called Krsna science
- I therefore request You to come to Vrndavana and enjoy pastimes with Me. If You do so, My ambition will be fulfilled
- In front of Srimati Radharani, Sri Krsna had to hide the two extra arms. He tried His best to keep four arms before Her, but He was completely unable to do so
- In other words, although Magadhendra was able to imprison so many kings, upon the appearance of Krsna they were all released. Krsna did this out of His sincere compassion for the kings
- In the Bhagavad-gita the Lord clearly says that whenever He appears He does so by His internal potency; He is not forced to accept a body by the laws of karma, like an ordinary living entity
- In the spiritual sky the Vaikuntha planets are predominated by Narayana. His devotees have the same features He does, and the exchange of devotion there is on the platform of reverence
- It was not very difficult for Krsna to perform a miracle by extending His bodily feature, but He had no desire to do it because of His deep filial love for His mother, Yasoda
- Kamsa once said, "What harm can this boy (Krsna) do to me? He has no power." The next moment Kamsa was informed that all of his friends had been killed by the boy
- King Prthu said, "My dear Lord, You (Krsna) are self-sufficient. You can do anything You like without the help of anyone else"
- Krsna can do wonderful things. In Bombay He has done the most wonderful things. Everyone, the whole Bombay appreciates how wonderful. If Krsna likes He can do anything
- Krsna continued, "I was simply seeing how much you were anxious for Me in My absence. So please do not try to find fault with Me. Because you consider Me so dear to you, kindly excuse Me if I have done anything wrong"
- Krsna continued, "My dear friends, do not think for a moment that I have been dealing with you (the gopis) as I do with ordinary devotees. I know what you are"
- Krsna does put you in miserable condition, but He helps you get out from the miserable condition
- Krsna in Dvaraka enjoyed the pastimes of a perfect human being. Therefore, when He washed the feet of the sage Narada & took the water on His head, Narada did not object, knowing well that the Lord did so to teach everyone how to respect saintly persons
- Krsna is the ultimate resting place and source of everything. Everything is done by Him, everything belongs to Him, and everything is offered to Him. He is the ultimate objective, and whether acting or causing others to act, He is the ultimate doer
- Krsna killed the King of Kasi with His arrows. He specifically arranged to throw the head of the King of Kasi into the city of Kasi so that his relatives & family members could see it. Krsna did this just as a hurricane carries a lotus petal here & there
- Krsna said to Uddhava, "I believe that you understand the whole situation perfectly. Therefore I am asking your opinion. What should I do? I have faith in you, and therefore I shall do whatever you advise"
- Krsna said, "Now please order Me. What can I do for you? What is the purpose of your coming here in the dead of night? Kindly take your seats and let Me know what I can do for you"
- Krsna seated Himself beside each of the many gopis, and it may be asked herein how He did this. There is a significant word in this verse: isvara
- Krsna tries to taste His own sweetness, but He cannot do so without accepting the emotions of a devotee
- Krsna was doing everything; still he was to fight. He was inducing, "You must fight." Neither Arjuna said, "Krsna, You are so, my friend. Better You do it. I sit down. Let me smoke ganja." No. Arjuna also did not say. This is not Krsna consciousness
- Krsna welcomed them with the following words: "My dear wives of the brahmanas, you are all very fortunate and are welcome here. Please let Me know what I can do for you"
- Lord Caitanya has taught us this feeling of oneness in His Siksastaka: Krsna may act freely, doing whatever He likes, but the devotee should always be in oneness or in agreement with His desires
- Lord Jagannatha is the Supreme Personality of Godhead. He possesses all potencies. Therefore He is able to act freely and can do and undo whatever He likes
- Lord Krsna, out of His causeless mercy upon the inhabitants of Vraja, held up the hill known as Govardhana with one hand only, although He was only seven years old. He did this to protect the animals from the onslaught of water
- Narada said, "My Lord (Krsna), You have very kindly asked what You can do for me. I simply request that I may not forget Your lotus feet at any time. I do not care where I may be, but I pray that I constantly be allowed to remember Your lotus feet"
- Not only are these activities (uprooting a gigantic banyan or arjuna tree and extinguishing a blazing forest fire simply by closing one's eyes) amazing to hear, but in fact all other activities of the Lord, whatever He may do, are all superhuman
- Not only did Krsna bow down, but He also touched the feet of Narada and with folded hands requested him to sit on His chair. Lord Krsna is the Supreme Personality, worshiped by all devotees. He is the most worshipable spiritual master of everyone
- O Madhava, I (Srila Rupa Gosvami) know also that I have no genuine devotion for the service of Your lotus feet, but because Your Lordship is inconceivably powerful, You can do what is impossible to be done
- O my beloved friend Vrnda, where are you coming from? "I am coming from the feet of Sri Hari." "Where is He?" "In the forest on the bank of Radha-kunda." "What is He doing there?" "He is learning dancing." "Who is His master?"
- One gopi told her friend: "It appears that Lord Krsna, the enemy of the demon Agha, has released from His mouth a whirlwind which is acting on your head and is gradually proceeding to do the same to the other lotus-eyed gopis"
- One should know with certainty that Krsna had no personal interest in whatever He did for the benediction of the gopis
- One should know with certainty that Krsna had no personal interest in whatever He did for the benediction of the gopis. As stated in the Bhagavad-gita, na mam karmani limpanti: (BG 4.14) Krsna never enjoys or suffers the results of His activities
- Only in these three places (Dvaraka, Mathura and Gokula) does the all-sporting Lord Krsna perform His endless pastimes with His personal associates
- Ordinarily, a yogi or mystic living being is able to expand himself at utmost to tenfold expansions of his body, but the Lord can do so to the extent of as many thousands or infinitely, as He likes
- Our only duty is to carry out the order of the Supreme. Other things is already done by Him
- Our only duty is to carry out the order of the Supreme. Other things is already done by Him. So if we abide by the orders of the Supreme, then we get the credit. We should know that
- Sahadeva said, "Krsna can do anything He likes with any part of His body. We can execute a particular action with the help of a particular part of our body, but He can do anything and everything with any part of His body"
- She is very submissive to the love of Her friends. (24) She is the chief gopi. (25) She always keeps Krsna under Her control. In short, She possesses unlimited transcendental qualities, just as Lord Krsna does
- Since Krsna is the Absolute Truth, there are no mundane distinctions such as moral and immoral. Whatever He does is good. This is the real meaning of "God is good." He is good in all circumstances
- Siva-jvara said, "This is not the first time You (Krsna) have incarnated; it is to be understood that You have done so many, many times before"
- So we have to purify our feelings. That is Krsna consciousness: "How I can serve?" And if we purify... Purify means purification will be done by Him. We cannot purify. Purification will be done by Him. Simply we have to become purified feelings
- So-called attachment, detachment and obligations pertain to the material nature, which is an emanation from the Supreme Personality of Godhead, but whenever the Lord descends and acts in this material world, He does so in His spiritual position
- Some ask that if Krsna is self-sufficient, why did He at all manifest the pastimes with the gopis, which are disturbing to the so-called moralists of the world?
- Some ask that if Krsna is self-sufficient, why did He at all manifest the pastimes with the gopis, which are disturbing to the so-called moralists of the world? The answer is that such activities show special mercy to the fallen, conditioned souls
- Srimad-Bhagavatam clearly states that He (Krsna) left the battlefield in spite of having ample military strength. Even without His militia, He alone would have been sufficient to defeat the army of Jarasandha, as He had done seventeen times before
- Srimati Kuntidevi wished Sri Krsna to remain with her sons the Pandavas, but by His doing so her paternal house would be bereft of the benefit. All these partialities troubled the mind of Kunti, and therefore she desired to cut off the affectionate tie
- Surrender means this, that "Krsna, so long I was forgotten that missing You. Now I have gotten from this day I surrender unto You. Whatever You like, You can do it." That's all
- That is the difference between animal and man. A child can control so many calfs. Krsna was doing that. One stick in the hand of a child, he can control fifty cows. The child is controller of many cows; a man is controller of many children
- The answer is that He (Krsna) can do anything for the pleasure of His devotees. Similarly, because the gopis wanted to enjoy Krsna, they were given the opportunity to associate with Him for a long period. This was done according to His promise
- The brahmana continued, "After due deliberation, You (Krsna) may act as You please, but if You want to do something, You must do it immediately. There is not much time left for action"
- The cowherd men and women could not understand that the all-powerful Personality of Godhead was lying there as a baby and that He could do anything. Both the possible and impossible were in His power
- The gopis said, "Of course, You (Krsna) are the Supreme Personality of Godhead and can do whatever You like, but it is not worthy of Your position to treat us in such a cruel way"
- The gopis said, "We have come to You (Krsna), leaving everything behind, just to take shelter of Your lotus feet. We know that You are completely independent and can do whatever You like, but we request You, don’t reject us"
- The great reservoir of pleasure, Lord Sri Krsna, thus thought to Himself, "Now she has bound Me up to a wooden mortar. So I shall do something more mischievous than before." And thus He thought of pulling down the two very tall arjuna trees"
- The Lord (Krsna) is all good, and whatever He does is for everyone's good
- The Lord (Krsna) would appear (and He does so whenever He appears) with all His associates and potencies. Therefore rebellious souls, like demons and demoniac men, mentioned like Pralamba, would be killed either by the Lord Himself or by His associates
- The Lord had very little to do with so many wives to carry out their orders like an ordinary man
- The other gopi continued, "He (Krsna) has no business either with us, the girls in the Vrndavana forest, or with the city girls in Mathura. He is the great Supersoul; He has nothing to do with any of us, either here or there"
- The responsibility of the Lord is also unique. The Lord has no responsibility because all His work is done by His different appointed energies. But still He accepts voluntary responsibilities in displaying different roles in His transcendental pastimes
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is therefore known as all-good. Whatever He does is good
- The virat-rupa was particularly exhibited by the Lord just to give lessons to such foolish men, so that one can accept a person as the incarnation of Godhead only if such a person is able to exhibit such a virat-rupa as Lord Krsna did
- There are others who designate Him as impersonal, and so the Lord also does not take any personal interest
- There are two or four demons still living. I (Krsna) want to kill them, and after doing so I shall very soon return to Vrndavana. Please know this for certain
- There is the following statement by a gopi, "My dear Krsna, the first thing You should do is just embrace me with Your strong arms. Then, my dear friend, I shall first smell Your head, and then I shall enjoy with You"
- There was no need to come before Bhismadeva with blood and wounds. But He (Krsna) did so because the warrior devotee wanted to see the transcendental beauty of the Lord decorated with wounds created by a pure devotee
- This (Kuntidevi was shown far more favor) was done because Devaki's husband, Vasudeva, was living, whereas Kuntidevi was a widow, and there was none to help her except Krsna
- We should try our best to our best capacity, and victory will come from Krishna. We should never sit idly and ask Krishna to do everything
- Whatever Krsna does, that is for our benefit
- When He (Krsna) descends on the material world by His causeless mercy to different living beings, He does so by His own potency. He is not subject to any condition of the material modes of nature, and He descends as He is originally
- When Lord Krsna appears He does so in a family of ksatriyas (kings), as did Lord Ramacandra, and sometimes in a family of brahmanas. But Krsna accepted the role of son to Maharaj Nanda, despite the fact that Nanda belonged to the vaisya community
- When Sri Krsna by His (Krsna's) own internal pleasure appears on earth, He does so by the agency of His internal potency
- When the Lord displayed His activities just suitable for childhood, He was visible only to the residents of Vrndavana. Sometimes He would cry and sometimes laugh, just like a child, and while so doing He would appear like a lion cub
- When the Supreme Personality of Godhead appeared as Lord Krsna, He did so in the Yadu dynasty, or yadu-vamsa, whose descent was from the moon-god
- Whenever Krsna is requested to fulfill one's desire, He undoubtedly does so, but He does not award anything which, after being enjoyed, will cause one to petition Him again and again to fulfill further desires
- Why did He (Krsna) not chastise the Kurus immediately?" When Draupadi was insulted in the assembly by the Kurus by their attempt to see her naked in the presence of all, the Lord protected Draupadi by supplying an unlimited length of clothing
- Without difficulty, Krsna cut each of Banasura's bows into two pieces and, to check him from going further, made the horses of his chariot lie on the ground so that the chariot broke to pieces. After doing this, Krsna blew His conchshell, Pancajanya
- Yamaraja returned the boy to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and Krsna and Balarama brought him to his father. The brothers asked if Their teacher had anything more to ask from Them, but he replied, "My dear sons, You have done enough for me"
- You should know Krsna to be the original soul of all atmas (living entities). For the benefit of the whole universe, He has, out of His causeless mercy, appeared as an ordinary human being. He has done this by the strength of His own internal potency