Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
express | expressed | expresses | expressing | expression | expressions | expressive | expressly
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
- ► Caitanya's Expressing (13 P)
- ► Demonstration (4 C, 45 P)
- ► Manifestation (8 C, 271 P)
- ► Radharani's Expressing (5 P)
- ► Show (15 C, 493 P)
Pages in category "Expression"
The following 232 pages are in this category, out of 232 total.
- A person who does not express his mind to everyone, or whose mental activity and plan of action are very difficult to understand, is called grave
- A person who is in a jubilant spirit, who feels profound devotional ecstasy while dancing before Me, who manifests different features of bodily expression, can burn away all the accumulated sinful reactions he has stocked up for many thousands of years
- A sutra is a compilation of aphorisms that expresses the essence of all knowledge in a minimum of words. It must be universally applicable and faultless in its linguistic presentation
- Actually, lust and the sex urge are there in spiritual life, but when the spirit soul is embodied in material elements, that spiritual urge is expressed through the material body and is therefore pervertedly reflected
- After hearing this, Srila Ramananda Raya submitted at the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu the superexcellence of Srila Rupa Gosvami's poetic expression and began to praise it as if he had thousands of mouths
- After Kamsa's wrestlers expressed their determination, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the killer of Madhu, confronted Canura, and Lord Balarama, the son of Rohini, confronted Mustika
- Again when people cried that Krsna, the son of Vasudeva, had come, both King Nanda and Mother Yasoda became overwhelmed with affection and expressed their great pleasure
- Agni, or heat, separated from His (the universal form's) mouth, and all the directors of material affairs entered into it in their respective positions. By that energy the living entity expresses himself in words
- All of the sentiments expressed in all of your letters are just according to the Vaisnava parampara. This means that you are understanding the Krishna Consciousness philosophy rightly and I am very pleased
- All the cowherd boys began to express their joyfulness for being with Krsna, the supreme Brahman. At that time, Brahma showed his astonishment by exclaiming, "What am I seeing here?" This is an instance of astonishment in ecstatic love
- All the devotees present so greatly appreciated this verse that they expressed their gratitude to Sri Rupa Gosvami for his transcendental recitation
- All the sages who were assembled there also praised the decision of Maharaja Pariksit and they expressed their approval by saying, "Very good." Naturally the sages are inclined to do good to common men, for they have all the qualitative powers of the Lord
- All these symptoms (of subordinate ecstatic expressions of love) are divided into two divisions - sita and ksepana. Singing, yawning and so on are called sita. Dancing and bodily contortions are called ksepana
- Although as a devotee he (Maitreya) externally expressed surprise, as if he did not know how to reply to those questions, he immediately became perfectly settled and properly replied to Vidura
- Although I cheated him in My incarnation as Vamana, taking away his dominions throughout the universe, and although I still criticized him for not fulfilling his promise, I have just now seen him in his kingdom, and he feelingly expressed his love for Me
- Although Nrsimha Brahmacari felt jubilation within his heart to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu eating everything, for the sake of Lord Nrsimhadeva he externally expressed disappointment
- Although the gopis at Vrndavana expressed their lusty desires in relationship with a paramour (parakiya-rasa), they actually had no lusty desires
- Although there is no need to describe these reflections of ecstatic love, Rupa Gosvami gives some instances where there is no actual devotional service and such expressions are manifested
- An expression of disappointment was made by Indra, the King of heaven. When he saw the sun-god, Indra told him, "My dear sun-god, your sunshine is very glorious because it reaches unto the lotus feet of Lord Krsna, the master of the Yadu dynasty
- Another day, when Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said to the boy, "Recite, My dear Puri dasa," the boy composed the following verse and expressed it before everyone
- Another devotee expressed his impudency by saying: "My dear Lord, without considering my lowly position, I must confess to You that my eyes are just like black wasps, desiring to hover at Your lotus feet
- Another devotee very anxiously expressed himself thusly, "My mind is very flickering, so I cannot concentrate it upon Your lotus feet"
- Anything expressed by material vibrations, anything ascertained by material intelligence and anything experienced by the material senses or concocted within the material mind is but an effect of the modes of material nature
- As far as we are concerned, we are creatures of Lord Brahma's creation. Under the circumstances, therefore, we cannot offer you adequate prayers, but as far as our ability allows, we have expressed our feelings
- At the point of his death, King Pariksit was hearing Srimad-Bhagavatam from Sukadeva Gosvami. When King Pariksit expressed his untiring desire to hear about Krsna, Sukadeva Gosvami was very much pleased
- At the same time, all the friends of Aghasura, especially Kamsa, who were all accustomed to eating flesh and blood, expressed their jubilation, understanding that Krsna had also entered the mouth of the demon
- Beyond this (gross manifestation) is a transcendental manifestation finer than the finest form. It has no beginning, no intermediate stage and no end; therefore it is beyond the limits of expression or mental speculation
- Bodily symptoms which express overwhelming ecstatic love: bashfulness, concealment, remembering, argumentativeness, anxiety, thoughtfulness, endurance, happiness, eagerness, haughtiness, envy, impudence, dizziness and alertness
- Bodily symptoms which express overwhelming ecstatic love: disappointment, lamentation, humility, guilt, fatigue, intoxication, pride, doubt, apprehension, intense emotion, madness, forgetfulness, disease, confusion, death, laziness, inertness
- Brahma did not express it (his passionate anger) because he knew that his sons were far enlightened in spiritual advancement and thus he should not express his anger before them
- Brahma spoke to his sons after generating them. "My dear sons," he said, "now generate progeny." But due to their being attached to Vasudeva, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, they aimed at liberation, and therefore they expressed their unwillingness
- By addressing the brahmanas as "knowers of all religious principles," the boys expressed the point of view that when the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna and Balarama, were asking for food, the brahmanas should immediately deliver some
- By His own free will, Lord Krsna has delivered you from such a condemned materialistic life. Therefore the glories of Lord Krsna’s causeless mercy cannot be expressed
- By seeing the expression of the bodily features, one can understand whether the soul is happy or not
- Chivalrous activities in the matter of fighting, the expression of pride, emotions, endurance, kindness, determination, jubilation, enthusiasm, jealousy and remembrance are called unconstitutional
- Civilized human being must have religion. But religion does not mean to develop or improve economic condition. Generally people go to church, to temple, to express some awful condition
- Deep breathing, disregard for others, the frothing of saliva, mad laughter, spitting, hiccups and other, similar symptoms (of subordinate ecstatic expressions of love)
- Devayani then expressed her desire as follows: "Whenever I marry by the order of my father, my friend Sarmistha must go with me as my maidservant, along with her friends"
- Devotional service in spontaneous love is vividly expressed and manifested by the inhabitants of Vrndavana. Devotional service that accords with their devotional service is called raganuga bhakti
- Ecstatic bodily changes are manifested from the spiritual plane and are not artificial expressions developed by practice
- Ecstatic loving expression
- Enough ingredients to preach. Simply one has to become intelligent how to express
- Even if someone lives as long as Brahma, he would still be unable to express his gratitude to You for the benefits derived from remembering You
- Everywhere people express this astonishment at the sincerity of the devotees, and we take great pride in the transcendental behavior of our students
- Expressions of ecstatic love in pride may be the result of excessive wealth, exquisite beauty, a first-class residence or the attainment of one's ideal goal. One is also considered proud when he does not care about the neglect of others
- Generally the daughters were too shy to express their opinions before their father, but the father would accept the daughters' intentions through someone else, such as a grandmother to whom the grandchildren had free access
- Great expert devotees like Rupa Gosvami and others express their astonishment at the inconceivable feelings which are in Krsna and His cowherd boy friends
- Haridasa Thakura then expressed his desire, "If I could just get a solitary place near the temple, I could stay there alone and pass my time"
- Having heard these verses recited by Rupa Gosvami, Srila Ramananda Raya said, "Your poetic expressions are like continuous showers of nectar. Kindly let me hear the introductory portion of the second drama"
- He (God) is not under my restriction. Then how God is great? If I put God under my restricted knowledge or limited knowledge, then God becomes under my understanding. But the Vedic language says, avan manasa-gocarah. He's beyond the expression of words
- He (Kasyapa Muni) could have refused her (Diti) with strong words expressing impossibility, but he was not as spiritually strong as Vidura
- He (Pradyumna) inquired from her (Mayavati), "How is it possible that first you were affectionate like a mother and now you are expressing the symptoms of a lusty woman? What is the reason for such a change"
- He taught them how to express the symptoms of continuous, natural and transitional ecstasies with the movements of their faces, their eyes and the other parts of their bodies
- Here they (Kumaras) express their gratitude because although they were foolish impersonalists in the beginning, by the grace of the Lord they could now have the good fortune to see His personal feature
- His father, Uttanapada, was the emperor of the entire world, and his grandfather, Lord Brahma, was the creator of the universe. Dhruva Maharaja expressed his desire to possess a kingdom better than those of his father and grandfather
- His mouth expresses His happiness. His eyes spread like the petals of a lotus, and His garments, yellowish like the saffron of a kadamba flower, are bedecked with valuable jewels
- I am glad to see in your letter indication that within very short time, you have been entrapped by Lord Krishna's Grace and you have expressed your transcendental feelings in such a nice way
- I am in due receipt of your poem offering and I want to thank you very much for it. I have appreciated the sentiments expressed within and I hope that you will continue to advance more and more in your Krsna consciousness
- I am very glad to know that your pen is inspired to create, because we are in need of many intelligent writers who can express our Krishna consciousness philosophy nicely
- I am very much obliged to you for expressing your good sentiments on account of my humble service to you all. Your appreciation of my humble service is thankfully accepted
- I cannot express my gratitude for their sincere love for me and I can only pray that Sri Krishna may bless them with advanced Krishna consciousness
- I cannot properly express the affection of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu for His devotees. Being merciful toward Raghunatha dasa, the Lord spoke as follows to Govinda
- I have explained in the beginning of Krsna book that love is practical exhibition. It is not theoretical. We cannot keep love within the heart. If actually it is within the heart, it must be expressed practically
- I saw Krsna and the gopis enjoying all kinds of pastimes while laughing and joking together. Hearing their vocal expressions enhanced the joy of My ears
- I thank you very much for the nice sentiments you have expressed, and surely this nice attitude will be a great asset for your further advancement in perfecting your life in Krishna Consciousness
- I thank you very much for your guru daksine gift and your nice letter expressing your appreciation for your spiritual master. This is the proper way to receive the blessings of Krsna, by begging the mercy of the spiritual master
- I wish to express my heart-felt gratitude for the kind treatment given me and my disciples, members of the Hare Krishna Movement on our recent two day visit in Tirumala
- If the demigods cannot find adequate language to express the glories of the Lord, then what to speak of others? Consequently reciters like the suta and magadha felt inadequate to speak about King Prthu
- If there are ten literary ornaments in a verse but even one faulty expression, the entire verse is nullified
- In a direct relationship of conjugal love, there is laughter, astonishment, chivalry, lamentation, anger and dread, but there is no ghastliness. These expressions are considered to be the great reservoirs of pleasure
- In an instant, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu regained external consciousness & saw two persons before Him. Questioning them, He asked, "Am I conscious? What dreams have I been seeing? What craziness have I spoken? Have you heard some expressions of humility"
- In ecstatic loving service to Krsna in anger, Krsna is always the object. In Vidagdha-madhava, Second Canto, 53rd verse, Lalitagopi expressed her anger, which was caused by Krsna, when she addressed Srimati Radharani thus
- In his disturbed condition, he began to pray to these clouds, and he expressed his jubilation by bowing down before them
- In order to assure Sukadeva Gosvami that by hearing krsna-katha he would not feel tired, Maharaja Pariksit expressed himself very frankly
- In such expressions of ecstatic love there are many other subsidiary symptoms, such as jubilation, withering, silence, disappointment, moroseness, reverence, thoughtfulness, remembrance, doubtfulness, confidence
- In that place the beautiful Diti expressed her desire: O learned one, Cupid is taking his arrows and distressing me forcibly, as a mad elephant troubles a banana tree
- In the Aparadha-bhanjana a pure devotee expresses his feelings: "My dear Lord, I am ashamed to admit before You that I have carried out the orders of my masters named lust, anger, avarice, illusion and envy
- In the Garuda Purana the stress on hearing is expressed very nicely. It is said there, "The state of conditioned life in the material world is just like a man lying unconscious, having been bitten by a snake"
- In the Garuda Purana the stress on hearing is expressed very nicely. It is said there, "This is because both such unconscious states can be ended by the sound of a mantra"
- In the Krsna-karnamrta, written by Bilvamangala Thakura, there is this expression of eagerness in ecstatic love
- In the Lalita-madhava of Srila Rupa Gosvami it is stated, "After Krsna's arrival in Kamsa's arena, Kamsa's priest looked at Krsna with a detestful expression"
- In the verse beginning 'aham eva,' the word 'aham' is expressed three times. In the beginning there are the words 'aham eva.' In the second line there are the words 'pascad aham.' At the end are the words 'so 'smy aham'
- In this stage, all expressions of unhappiness by the devotee are called anubhava, or ecstatic loving symptoms
- Indra said, "My dear Lord, I admit that I have committed great offenses unto You, but I cannot express my feelings of regret, being bewildered at seeing Your extraordinary chivalrous spirit, Your endeavor to protect Your devotees, Your determination"
- It has been suggested that Candidasa and Vidyapati were great friends because the writings of both express the transcendental feelings of separation profusely
- It is my wish that devotees of Lord Caitanya all over the world enjoy this translation, and I am glad to express my gratitude to the learned men in the Western countries who are so pleased with my work
- It is stated in the Vedic literature that to purchase the most valuable thing, Krsna consciousness, one has to develop intense eagerness for achieving success. This intense eagerness is very nicely expressed by Bilvamangala Thakura
- It should be clearly understood by you that the registration cannot be applied for unless my express sanction is there
- Kardama Muni expressed his desire for a very beautiful wife to Emperor Svayambhuva and accepted the Emperor's daughter for marriage
- King Pariksit continued, "How then can Brahman, the Absolute Truth, be described by your words? I do not see how it is possible to understand transcendence from such expressions of material sound"
- King Pariksit continued, "Since the mind is material and the vibration of words is a material sound, how can the Vedic knowledge, expressing by material sound the thoughts of the material mind, approach transcendence"
- Krsna began to look at His mother, while the mendicant, who was standing in the door, tried to hide his smiling face, although he could not do so. He immediately expressed his smiling. In this instance, Krsna Himself is the object of laughing affairs
- Maharaja Dusmanta indirectly expressed his desire to marry Sakuntala, for she appeared to his mind to be the daughter of some ksatriya king
- Maharaja Pariksit understood the total situation from Sukadeva Gosvami, yet to further clarify the transcendental nature of Krsna and the gopis in the rasa dance, he expressed his surprise
- My dear Damodara, although You have been defeated by Sridama and have become sufficiently minimized in strength, by a false expression of strength You have somehow covered Your shameful condition of defeat
- My dear Lord, by Your causeless mercy I am awakened to consciousness, although I am only ten months old. For this causeless mercy of the SPG, the friend of all fallen souls, there is no way to express my gratitude but to pray with folded hands
- Neither the demigods and sages nor the unintelligent can understand the features of the Lord, nor can they express in words His actual position. May that Supreme Personality of Godhead give me protection
- Nevertheless, the mind of Sri Ramananda Raya never changes, although he teaches the girls how to physically express all the transformations of ecstasy
- None of the above symptoms can be manifested without the basic principle of strong attachment for Krsna. In the smoky condition of such ecstatic expressions, the symptoms could otherwise be hidden
- Not expressing her (Rukmini's) mind to anyone, she simply shed tears, unobserved by others, and when her tears became more forceful, she closed her eyes in helplessness
- Omkara is not meant to be impersonal, as the Mayavadi philosophers consider it to be. This is distinctly expressed here by the word purusaya
- On the refusal of the sons to obey the order of their father, there was much anger generated in the mind of Brahma, which he tried to control and not express
- One cannot express sufficient gratitude to Krsna for being freed from the materialistic way of life
- One cannot properly understand the Supreme Personality of Godhead merely by picking up expressions from a dictionary
- One devotee has confidently expressed this opinion: "If a drop of Lord Krsna's mercy can be bestowed upon me, then I shall feel completely carefree, even in the midst of a fire or an ocean
- One devotee said, "My dear Mukunda, I cannot properly express the glories of Your pastimes. Even when the nondevotees hear of Your glorious pastimes they become affected and shed tears and start to tremble"
- One should follow the path of Bhagavad-gita as it is expressed in the Gita itself and beware of self-interested people after personal aggrandizement who deviate others from the actual path
- One should simply instruct everyone he meets regarding the principles of krsna-katha, as expressed in Bhagavad-gita As It Is and Srimad-Bhagavatam
- Outlines of thought are already there. You read one line, you can speak half an hour. They are so full of meaning. Provided you can express the meanings
- Personally, he (Pariksit Maharaja) was very humble and meek, but he expressed his gladness that Lord Krsna was very kind to his grandfathers, the sons of Pandu, especially his own grandfather, Arjuna
- Pradyumna's attachment in anxiety for Krsna was expressed when he said to his wife Rati: "The enemy, Sambara, is already killed. Now I am very anxious to see my father, who is my spiritual master and who always carries the conchshell known as Pancajanya
- Raghunatha dasa was inwardly completely renounced, even in family life, but he did not express his renunciation externally. Instead, he acted just like an ordinary businessman. Seeing this, his father and mother were satisfied
- Ramananda Raya directed the two girls how to dance and express the deep meaning of his songs through dramatic performances
- Rasabhasa, or incompatible mixtures of mellows, can be classified as uparasa (false expression) anurasa (imitation) and aparasa (perverted or misrepresented mellows)
- Regarding your article in BTG about Ayurvedic Medicine, I do not think this is very worthwhile endeavor. You have shown nice ability for writing so it will be more appreciated if you continue to study SB and BG and express the same by your assimilation
- Sati knew of the tension between her father and her husband, but still she expressed to her husband, Lord Siva, that since such sacrifices were going on at her father's house and so many demigods were going, she also desired to go
- Similar ecstatic love for Krsna in anger was expressed by Rohini-devi when she heard the roaring sound of the two falling arjuna trees to which Krsna had been tied
- Similar feelings were expressed by the gopis when they were going to the bank of the Yamuna and saw Krsna's footprints in the dust
- Sivananda said to Nrsimhananda, "Why are you expressing dismay?" Nrsimhananda replied, "Just see the behavior of your Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu"
- Smiling before him (Pradyumna) with a feminine attractiveness, she (Mayavati) expressed her desire for sexual union
- Some of these symptoms (of subordinate ecstatic expressions of love) are dancing, falling down and rolling on the ground, singing and crying very loudly, bodily contortions, loud vibrations and yawning
- Spiritual feelings of happiness and intense ecstasies have no mundane comparison. Therefore it is very difficult to give expression to such feelings
- Sri Balarama expressed His desire to remain in Mithila City for some days because He enjoyed an intimate friendship with the King. Therefore, Krsna returned to Dvaraka, and Balarama entered the city of Mithila
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "My dear Ramananda Raya, you are jubilant at hearing these poetic expressions, but I am ashamed to hear them, for people in general will joke about the subject of this verse"
- Sri Sukadeva Gosvami said: O King, while Maitreya, the great sage, was thus speaking, Vidura, the learned son of Dvaipayana Vyasa, expressed a request in a pleasing manner by asking this question
- Sri Yamunacarya, in his prayers to the Lord, has expressed a similar idea in the following words, "My dear Lord, I may be living within some body as a human being or as a demigod, but whatever mode of life, I do not mind"
- Srila Ramananda Raya objected, "It is not alkali at all. It is a particle of camphor he has put into the nectar of his exalted poetic expression"
- Srila Ramananda Raya said that previously Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had empowered his heart so that he could express elevated and conclusive statements to which even Lord Brahma has no access
- Srila Rupa Gosvami further analyzes the ecstatic loving expression into four divisions which are called sattvabhasa
- Such attitude of humbleness which you have so nicely expressed along with your very good service attitude is very beautiful and will take you far to advance more and more
- Such mad laughing is an expression of the condition of the heart, which is technically called atta-hasa
- Sukadeva Gosvami tells King Pariksit, "My dear King, as soon as the elderly gopis saw their sons coming, there was an inexpressible sign of parental love, and all of them became absorbed in affection"
- Thank you for the nice sentiments expressed therein. Go on chanting and reading our books, and gradually you will advance in Krishna Consciousness
- The Absolute Truth is realized in three phases of understanding by the knower of the Absolute Truth, and all of them are identical. Such phases of the Absolute Truth are expressed as Brahman, Paramatma, and Bhagavan
- The art of literary expression, usnik, was generated from the hairs on the body of the almighty Prajapati (Lord Brahma)
- The bodily symptoms which are manifested by a devotee in expressing ecstatic love for Krsna are called anubhava
- The business of the vaisya community is trade, commerce and the protection of cows. Therefore his friend, who may have been born into a brahmana family, expressed his wonder at how such an exalted child could take birth in a family of vaisyas
- The citizens (Dvaraka) expressed their joy on this occasion. On hearing the statements of His citizens, the all-pervasive Personality of Godhead, Krsna, simply smiled
- The conclusion is that the mind is the storehouse of our past desires, and we have this present body due to our past desires. Similarly, whatever we desire in this present body will be expressed in a future body
- The cowherd friends of Krsna were so happy in His company that they expressed their transcendental feelings within themselves thus, "My dear Krsna, You are always busy tending the cows which are scattered all over beautiful Vrndavana"
- The demigods express their mature verdict that persons who are interested in meditating on something void or impersonal cannot cross over the ocean of nescience
- The demigods who were present also began to offer beautiful prayers to Krsna. & the ladies and girls present expressed their joy from all corners of the arena. In other words, there was no one in that particular place with whom Krsna was not very popular
- The demon, who had a wealth of ornaments, bangles and beautiful golden armor on his body, chased the Lord from behind with a great mace. The Lord tolerated his piercing ill words, but in order to reply to him, He expressed His terrible anger
- The devotee is allowed to see the Supreme Lord face to face, although the Lord is beyond the expression of our senses and beyond our direct perception
- The early life of the Lord is most fascinatingly expressed by the author of Caitanya-bhagavata, and as far as the teachings are concerned, they are more vividly explained in the Caitanya-caritamrta
- The entire arena was filled with dread on the part of Kamsa and his priest and restless expressions of pleasure on the cheeks of Krsna's friends. Frustration was felt by His envious rivals
- The foolish with a poor fund of knowledge cannot know the transcendental nature of the forms, names and activities of the Lord, who is playing like an actor in a drama. Nor can they express such things, neither in their speculations nor in their words
- The gopis felt separation from Krsna before the rasa dance, as mentioned in Srimad-Bhagavatam, and the Gita-govinda expresses such feelings. There are many commentaries on the Gita-govinda by many Vaisnavas
- The gopis further expressed that Vrndavana was still full of all opulence and good fortune; there was no scarcity or want in Vrndavana as far as material necessities were concerned. But in spite of such opulence they could not forget Krsna and Balarama
- The gross activities of the mind are expressed through the external senses, either for the acquisition of knowledge or for the functioning of the senses in accordance with the will
- The idea expressed in this statement is that the gopis were comparing their attraction for Krsna to an attack by demons
- The Krsna prema, love of Krsna, is within everyone. That love is being expressed in so many ways. Actually that is love for Krsna
- The Lord's facial expression always indicates that He is ready to show favor and benediction to the devotees; for the nondevotees, however, He is silent
- The many external ecstatic symptoms, or bodily transformations which indicate ecstatic emotions in the mind and which are also called udbhasvara, are the anubhavas, or subordinate ecstatic expressions of love
- The mentality of the demons in being enamored by the false beauty of this material world is expressed herein. The demoniac can pay any price for the skin beauty of this material world
- The mother of a child has a great responsibility in giving all protection to the child, and therefore Uttara was not ashamed to express this frankly before Lord Krsna
- The natural beauty of a living being is enhanced by rising up to the platform of devotional service. Maharaja Pariksit was absorbed in attachment for Lord Krsna. Seeing this, the great sages assembled were very pleased, and they expressed their approval
- The original source of all material energy is the Supreme Person. This fact is expressed in all the Vedic literatures, and all the exponents of spiritual science have accepted this truth
- The Pancaratra and Vedanta-sutra express the same opinions. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu therefore confirms that there is no difference in opinion between the two
- The purport of this expression by Vasudeva is this: although he had eight sons born in the womb of Devaki, unfortunately they were all gone. He could not even keep his one son Krsna with him
- The second bath is taken at noon in the water of tarunyamrta, or the nectar of youth. This is the actual expression of Her (Radharani's) new youthfulness
- The sentiments that you have expressed in your letter are all due to my Guru Maharaja who has deputed me to pick up all good souls like you in this part of the world
- The sentiments which you have expressed are very much encouraging to me, that I have got such disciples as yourself who are more anxious to serve me than my own children
- The society girls of heaven are lusty, and Urvasi was very eager to contact Arjuna, the strongest human being. She met him in his room and expressed her desires
- The statement of Vrnda shows that the gopis were so enchanted by the beauty of Krsna that because they could not express their minds, they decided to commit suicide
- The symptom of ecstatic affection with reverence felt by Bali Maharaja was expressed as follows: "My dear Lord, You have simultaneously punished me and showed me Your causeless mercy
- The wonderful descriptions of Rupa Gosvami are superb arrangements to express loving affairs. Hearing them will plunge the heart and ears of everyone into a whirlpool of transcendental bliss
- There are some bodily symptoms which express overwhelming ecstatic love. They are counted at thirty-one as follows
- There is an English proverb that says, "The face is the index of the mind." If one is angry, his anger is immediately expressed in his face. Similarly, other mental states are reflected by the actions of the gross body
- There is no need to concoct anything new. You simply have to study carefully our books and then in your own words try to express what you have read. This will automatically make you a very successful preacher
- Thereafter, by controlling his mind with his intelligence and thus restricting his senses from external engagements, he recovered suitable words with which to express his feelings
- These are some of the signs of parental love for Krsna by His mother, father and elderly persons. Symptoms of ecstatic love in parental affection are expressed when Krsna is accepted as the son
- These symptoms are sometimes manifested internally and sometimes externally. The pure devotee always feels such symptomatic expressions within himself, but being afraid of outsiders he does not generally manifest them externally
- They (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) expressed their feelings with tears in their eyes due to intense attachment for Krsna. All of them desired a benediction from Uddhava. They desired to always remember the glorious activities of Krsna
- They must translate as it is, they must not deviate. Anyway, our motto should be to somehow or other express the objectives of Krishna Consciousness to the German-speaking people
- They said, "Had You not previously bestowed Your mercy on him, it would not have been possible for him to express Your internal feelings"
- This expression of Rohinidevi's anger toward Yasoda is an example of ecstatic love in anger caused by Krsna
- This frustration, confusion, is expression of spiritual unhealthiness, because actually we are spirit. That we do not know
- This introduction is technically called udghatyaka, and the whole scene is called vithi. You are so expert in dramatic expression that each of my statements before you is like a wave from an ocean of impudence
- This is Bhagavata religion. That is first-class religion. What is that? Yatah, by executing the religious principles, if you develop your love for the Supreme, who is beyond expression of your words and beyond the activities of your mind
- This is expressed by the author of the Caitanya-caritamrta, who says that the master dancer is Krsna and everyone else is His servant. Everyone is trying to imitate Krsna's dancing
- This is Vaisnava: "So for all their sins, I shall suffer. You take them." This philosophy is also expressed in Bible, Lord Jesus Christ, that he agreed to suffer himself for the sins of all the people
- This means that the brahmana expressed his ecstatic loving symptoms in different ways at different times. But in each instance, because of ecstatic love, the brahmana merged himself in the ocean of happiness and became situated in pure love
- This shedding of tears is not actually an ecstatic loving expression, however. It is done simply by practice
- This should be done on a dark-moon night, and the painful noises expressed by the animal at the time of being slaughtered are not to be heard by anyone
- This verse expresses the joyfulness of the mind upon seeing a woman with raised hips and breasts dressed in an attractive sari and bedecked with ornaments
- Those devotees express their feelings in such a way that they automatically melt with ecstasy, and many transcendental symptoms become manifested in their bodies. Anyone desiring advancement in DS must follow in the footsteps of such devotees
- Thousands of followers, especially Western youths, are taking part in this Hare Krsna movement, and how safe and happy they feel can be understood from the expressions of gratitude in their hundreds and thousands of letters
- Through the feminine poses and dances they were taught by Ramananda Raya, the two girls precisely exhibited all these expressions of ecstasy before Lord Jagannatha
- Thus (at the last stage of life, when the different gates of the body are choked by the effects of disease) the living entity cannot clearly express his difficulties, and surrounding relatives hear the sound "ghura ghura" from a dying man
- To assure His parents that Kamsa was dead, Lord Krsna dragged him just as a lion drags an elephant after killing it. When people saw this, there was a great roaring sound from all sides as some spectators expressed their jubilation
- Vasudeva expressed his sorrow due to not being able to give protection to his own sons born of Devaki. He was thinking that religious principles, economic development and the satisfaction of his senses were therefore all lost
- Vrnda told Krsna: "My dear Madhava, Your newly-invented smile has so captivated the hearts of the gopis that they are simply unable to express themselves! As such, they have become bewildered and will not talk with others"
- When a devotee becomes affected with this mental condition, his love is expressed through the lips
- When a man is angry he expresses such anger with red-hot eyes and sometimes makes a display of clenching his fists or kicking his legs. This exhibition of the Rudra principle is the proof of Rudra's presence in such places
- When a smiling person claps his hands and leaps in the air, the smiling expression changes into atihasita, or overwhelming laughter. An example of atihasita was manifested in the following incident
- When he saw that the whole world was jubilant, Haridasa Thakura, his mind astonished, directly and indirectly expressed himself to Advaita Acarya
- When King Rahugana expressed surprise upon seeing Bharata's spiritual achievements, Bharata replied: "My dear Rahugana, no one can attain the perfected stage of devotional service without being favored by a great soul, a pure devotee"
- When Krsna entered the palace, all the ladies there were overwhelmed with affection just upon seeing Him. They received Krsna with glittering eyes expressing their love & affection for Him & Krsna smiled & accepted their feelings & gestures of reception
- When Krsna, the supreme joker, planted the parijata tree in the courtyard of Satyabhama, Rukmini, the daughter of King Vidarbha, became very angry, but due to her natural gentle behavior, she did not express anything
- When Kutila saw Krsna wearing a necklace, she could understand that the jeweled ornament had been given to Him by Radharani. She therefore became absorbed in anger and began to move her eyebrows, expressing her anger in ecstatic love
- When Mother Yasoda once saw Him in His middle kaumara age: His scattered hairs were touching His eyebrows, and His eyes were restless, but He could not express His feelings with proper words
- When one is frustrated in lust and low desires, anger is generated from the mind and expressed from between the eyebrows
- When the Lord appears, He remains in His spiritual position, uncontaminated by the modes of material nature, and therefore in Bhagavad-gita the Lord expresses the quality of His appearance as atma-mayaya, "performed by internal potency"
- When the mind's anger is expressed through the hand, there is fighting. When it is expressed through the leg, there is kicking. There are so many ways in which the subtle activities of the mind are expressed through the various senses
- When the sound vibration of Krsna's flute is expressed through the mouth of Brahma, it becomes gayatri
- When there is such indirect expression of conjugal love, there is smiling, astonishment, enthusiasm, lamentation, anger, dread and sometimes ghastliness. These seven exchanges of conjugal love form another state of ecstatic love
- While she was thus embracing her son repeatedly, torrents of tears fell from her eyes, and she was unable to express her transcendental joy
- While smiling, they (the gopis) confidentially expressed their suppressed anger and said, “Dear Krsna, we are ordinary women of Vrndavana, and we do not know much about Vedic knowledge - what is right and what is wrong"
- While thus praying to the Lord for rescue, mother Devaki nonetheless expressed her motherly affection
- Without revelation by the spiritual energy, one is unable to offer prayers glorifying the Lord. Any amount of philosophical speculation or poetic expression by mundane persons is still considered to be the action and reaction of the material energy
- Without Your mercy such poetic expressions would be impossible for an ordinary living being to write. My guess is that You have given him the power
- Writing articles means to express oneself how he is understanding the whole philosophy. So this writing is necessary for everyone
- Yasoda thought, "Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto the S. P. of Godhead, who is beyond the expression of consciousness, mind, work and philosophical speculation, and whose different energies produce everything manifested and unmanifested"
- You have composed this introductory verse to your great satisfaction, but the meaning you have expressed is contaminated by offenses to both Lord Jagannatha and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- You have expressed a fear of becoming attached to your musical activities, but attachment for Krishna's service is not bad. If you can engage your talent for Krishna's service, then this attachment will increase your Krishna Consciousness status
- You have expressed such nice sentiments and I can see that you are making nice advancement in Krishna Consciousness
- Your sentiments expressed in this letter are transcendentally relished. Certainly you are mine and I am Krishna's, therefore you are also Krishna's. In the Krishna Consciousness activities that is the process
- Your statements expressing your surrender to your spiritual master is proper. If this principle is followed you will remain pure and always protected by Krsna. Always follow my instructions and my example. This should be your life and soul