This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Krsna's Showing"
The following 100 pages are in this category, out of 100 total.
- A ksatriya does not hesitate to kill his own brother. In other words, Balarama wanted to instruct Rukmini that Rukmi, Krsna were right in not showing mercy to each other in the fighting, despite family consideration, they happened to be brothers-in-law
- After consulting together, They (Krsna and Balarama) decided to go to Hastinapura to show sympathy to Their relatives. Krsna and Balarama certainly knew that the Pandavas could not have been killed in the devastating fire
- Although He (Krsna) showed His extraordinary opulences by simultaneously marrying more than sixteen thousand wives in more than sixteen thousand palaces, He behaved with them just like an ordinary man
- An example of His (Krsna's) not being disturbed was shown when Sisupala began to call Him ill names
- Another gopi said, "We are simply Your (Krsna's) maidservants and slaves; please, therefore, accept us by showing us Your beautiful lotuslike face"
- As an ideal householder, He (Krsna) lived with His wives and performed the Vedic rituals just to show less intelligent persons that the Supreme Lord is never impersonal
- As far as Krsna's memory is concerned, it is said that when He was studying in the school of Sandipani Muni in Avantipur, He showed such a sharp memory that by once taking instructions from the teacher He immediately became perfect in any subject
- Before Yudhisthira could get down, Lord Krsna got down from His own chariot and immediately fell at the feet of the King. Even though Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, He never forgets to show social etiquette in His dealings
- By appearing in human society and exhibiting His pastimes as a human being, Krsna definitely showed that there was not a single personality greater than He
- He (Krsna) has delivered wonderful instructions in the shape of the Bhagavad-gita. He has shown marvelous capacities as a hero, as a householder, as a teacher and as a renouncer
- He (Krsna) stood before Bhismadeva to show him that his promise was fulfilled and that He had taken up the wheel
- He (Vamanadeva) acted exactly like Lord Krsna, who, at the request of Arjuna, first showed His universal form and later resumed His original form as Krsna
- He said, "My Lord, You are the protector of brahminical culture, and You are also very merciful. Therefore, kindly show Your great mercy by protecting the religious principles of us two brahmanas"
- Here is picture, Krsna's. Everyone can get this opportunity. Therefore Krsna comes to show practically how enjoyable life with Krsna in Vrndavana. Krsna is simply jolly, anandamayo 'bhyasat
- I have shown you this form of Visnu just to remind you of My previous births. Otherwise, if I appeared like an ordinary human child, you would not believe that the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Visnu, has indeed appeared
- If I did not show the proper principles of religion, all these worlds would fall into ruin. I would be the cause of unwanted population and would spoil all these living beings
- If I find someone overpowered by false pride, in order to show him My causeless mercy I withdraw all his opulences
- If Sri Krsna is called caturbhujah, there is no contradiction. If need be He can display hundreds of arms, as He exhibited in His visva-rupa shown to Arjuna
- If You (Lord Krsna) think that I (Arjuna) am able to behold Your cosmic form, O my Lord, O master of all mystic power, then kindly show me that unlimited universal Self
- If You think that I am able to behold Your cosmic form, O my Lord, O master of all mystic power, then kindly show me that universal self. BG 11.4 - 1972
- In order to establish Krsna's divinity for all, he (Arjuna) is requesting Krsna in this chapter to show His universal form
- In order to show them (the gopis) His causeless mercy and to curb their false pride, He (Krsna) immediately disappeared from the scene, exhibiting His opulence of renunciation
- In order to show them special favor, Krsna exhibited this rasa-lila dance. It is to captivate the conditioned soul. Since they are very much attracted by sex, they can enjoy the same life with Krsna & thus become liberated from the material condition
- In the Bhagavad-gita Krsna showed Arjuna His universal form because Arjuna was His very dear friend. Upon seeing Krsna as the Lord of the universes, however, Arjuna asked Krsna to forgive the familiarity of his friendship
- In the Bhagavad-gita the Lord says that in order to show special favor to His pure devotees, He personally eradicates the dense darkness of all misgivings by switching on the light of pure knowledge within the heart of a devotee
- In the Eleventh Chapter Arjuna requested Krsna that "If you think, You can show me Your universal form," so that in future others will accept some bogus rascal as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he may test by seeing
- In the rasa dance, the Lord showed His favor to the most fortunate gopis by placing His arms on their shoulders and dancing with each of them individually. No one can compare with the gopis, who received the causeless mercy of the Lord
- In the Upapuranas we hear Sri Krsna showing His mercy to Vyasadeva by speaking to him as follows
- It is simply illusion for one to think that Krsna begged food from the brahmanas. It was actually a trick to show them mercy by teaching them that they should accept Him in pure devotional service instead of engaging in ritualistic ceremonies
- Kalayavana, the King of Magadha and Salva attacked the city of Mathura, but when the city was encircled by their soldiers, the Lord refrained from killing them personally, just to show the power of His own men
- Krsna actually appears for the deliverance of the sadhus, or bhaktas, but by killing the demons He shows them mercy also, for anyone killed by Krsna is liberated. Whether the Lord kills or gives protection, He is kind to both the demons and the devotee
- Krsna continued, "My dear King Mucukunda, you are My great devotee, and just to show you My causeless mercy I have appeared in this cave"
- Krsna is coming, showing His activities. They will say, "It is maya. Krsna is maya." Although Krsna is practically showing them that it is not maya, it is completely spiritual, but their dull brain cannot accommodate that Krsna is Supreme Absolute Truth
- Krsna is showing example, where we should offer our surrender and accept guru. Here is Krsna. So you have to accept Krsna or His representative as guru. Then your problems will be solved. Otherwise it is not possible
- Krsna is very merciful, especially to Me. He has shown His mercy by bringing Me on this path through the forest. Thus He has given Me great pleasure
- Krsna led all the cowherd men, headed by Nanda Maharaja, to the lake where Akrura would later be shown the Vaikuntha planetary system. They took their bath immediately and saw the real nature of the Vaikunthalokas
- Krsna manifests His eternal humanlike form and performs His pastimes to show mercy to the devotees. Having heard such pastimes, one should engage in service to Him
- Krsna personally teaches how to deal with cows. He never showed the example of killing the cows. He maintained the cows, the calf
- Krsna said to the gopis, "It is impossible to repay you or show enough gratitude for your love; therefore please be satisfied by your own pious activities"
- Krsna said, "I can show anyone My favor, and I can chastise anyone, because no one is superior to Me"
- Krsna said, "My dear Indra, I stopped your sacrifice just to show you My causeless mercy and to remind you that I am your eternal master. I am the master not only of you but of all the other demigods as well"
- Krsna should be known as the soul of all souls, for He is the soul of all individual souls and the soul of the localized Paramatma as well. At Vrndavana He acted just like a human being to attract people to Him and show that He is not formless
- Krsna showed how He fulfills His promise by delivering the parijata flower to Satyabhama, by saving Draupadi from being insulted and by freeing Arjuna from the attacks of all enemies
- Krsna showed that the spiritual world is not devoid of such pleasurable facilities of life. The only difference is that in the spiritual world such facilities are eternal, never-ending occurrences
- Krsna showed the nature of a small baby and closed His eyes, as if to avoid the face of Putana. This closing of the eyes is interpreted and studied in different ways by the devotees
- Krsna was to start for Dvaraka, His own kingdom, after the Battle of Kuruksetra & Yudhisthira's being enthroned, but to oblige the request of Yudhisthira & to show special mercy to Bhismadeva, Lord Krsna stopped at Hastinapura, the capital of the Pandavas
- Krsna's going to the school of Sandipani Muni was to show the people of the world that however great or ingenious one may be, he must go to higher authorities for general education
- Krsna's opulence of strength has already been displayed in His different pastimes, and now it will be shown how His residence at Dvaraka displayed His opulences of wealth and beauty
- Krsna's showing the universal form of the S. P. of God, even when lying down on the lap of His mother, proves that God is always God, whether He is manifested as a child on the lap of His mother or as a charioteer on the Battlefield of Kuruksetra
- Kuntidevi was shown far more favor because Lord Krsna did not save the other children of Devaki, whereas He saved the children of Kuntidevi
- Lord Krsna took the Syamantaka jewel in His hand and showed it to all His relatives and friends present and then returned the jewel to Akrura in their presence, so that they would know that the jewel was actually being kept by Akrura in Dvaraka City
- Lord Siva said, "Despite Your (Krsna) transcendental position, my Lord, in order to show Your six opulences and advertise Your transcendental qualities, You have appeared in Your different incarnations - fish, tortoise, boar, Nrsimha, Kesava"
- Lord Sri Krsna was playing just like a human being. Because He belonged to the ksatriya division of the social system and was a young boy, it was His duty to show respect to such a brahmana
- Mucukunda continued, "My dear Lord, You are so merciful that in spite of my being reluctant to associate with Your pure devotees, You have shown Your extreme mercy upon me as a result of my slight contact with such a pure devotee as Garga Muni"
- My dear friend, just hear the decision of My mind. Krsna is the Lord of My life in all conditions, whether He shows Me affection or kills Me by giving Me unhappiness
- O most auspicious one! For our benefit, You enable our worship of You by manifesting Your transcendental form, which You show to us in our meditation
- O my Lord, who are glorified by exalted prayers, You show special favor to Your devotees by manifesting Yourself in the eternal forms in which they welcome You
- On the next day, Dvadasi, Nanda Maharaja went to take a bath in the Ganges and was arrested by one of the men of Varuna; then he was released by Lord Krsna. Then Nanda Maharaja, along with the cowherd men, was shown the spiritual sky
- One may ask how this was possible, and Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura reminds us that Krsna, although bound by a small rope, could show His mother the whole universe within His mouth. How was this possible?
- Only the fools consider that Krsna is ordinary human being. He comes to give us lesson what is actually God. God is Krsna. Krsnas tu bhagavan svayam. Therefore it is His mercy that He comes before us to show what is actually God
- Some ask that if Krsna is self-sufficient, why did He at all manifest the pastimes with the gopis, which are disturbing to the so-called moralists of the world? The answer is that such activities show special mercy to the fallen, conditioned souls
- Sometimes Krsna, to show some special favor to His devotee, He takes away his all material opulences
- Sometimes, in a sportive spirit, He (Krsna) wishes to fight to make a show of bodily strength, and when He so desires, He selects one of His suitable devotees to give Him that pleasure. Krsna desired this pleasure of mock fighting with Jambavan
- Sometimes, to show special favor, Krsna takes away one's great accumulations of materialistic wealth and thus makes one a great devotee. But Satrajit refused to abide by the order of Krsna and did not deliver the jewel
- Srimati Radharani continued, "Krsna advertises Himself as magnanimous, and He is praised by great saints. His qualifications would be perfectly utilized if He would only show us some mercy, for we are so much downtrodden and neglected by Him"
- The Blessed Lord said: My dear Arjuna, happily do I show you this universal form within the material world by My internal potency. No one before you has ever seen this unlimited and glaringly effulgent form. BG 11.47 - 1972
- The boy showed Madhavendra Puri the bush and said, "I reside in this bush, and because of this I suffer very much from severe cold, rain showers, winds and scorching heat"
- The cowherd boys went on saying, "Please arrange for something that will mitigate our hunger" Requested in this way by Their friends, Lord Krsna and Balarama arranged to show compassion to certain wives of brahmanas who were performing sacrifices
- The gopis became proud of their great fortune. To subdue their sense of superiority and show them special favor, Kesava, the subduer of even Lord Brahma and Lord Siva, disappeared from the rasa dance
- The gopis had come to Krsna to enjoy His company, to dance with Him, embrace Him and kiss Him, and when Krsna began to receive them very officially, showing all kinds of etiquette, they were surprised
- The Lord (Krsna) is so kind that He does not show special favor only to one who is a great philosopher. He knows the sincerity of purpose. For this reason only, women generally assemble in great number in any sort of religious function
- The Lord descends on this mortal world to show His pastimes in Vrndavana full of happiness
- The Lord is also perpetually happy, and if we associate with the Lord, cooperate with Him, take part in His association, then also we become happy. The Lord descends on this mortal world to show His pastimes in Vrndavana full of happiness
- The Lord was exhibiting such childish dealings with the inhabitants of Vrndavana because He wanted to show the great philosophers & sages how the Supreme Absolute Truth Personality of Godhead is controlled by & subject to the desires of His pure devotees
- The man to whom the Lord shows His mercy by inspiring him within the heart takes shelter only of Lord Krsna and abandons all Vedic and social customs
- The personal forms of Krsna, the two-handed form and the four-handed, are described as su-durdarsam, very difficult to see. They are completely different from the temporary universal form shown to Arjuna
- The purport is that when a person is a pure devotee but at the same time, by miscalculation, wants to lord it over material nature, the Lord shows His special mercy by taking away all material opulences until at last he surrenders unto the Supreme Lord
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: My dear Arjuna, happily have I shown you, by My internal potency, this supreme universal form within the material world. No one before you has ever seen this primal form, unlimited and full of glaring effulgence
- The transcendental form of Krsna is shown to the world by Lord Krsna's internal, spiritual energy, which is a transformation of pure goodness
- Then He showed the highest limit of cleverness in drawing pictures of dolphins in various playful sports on Her breasts. In this way Lord Hari made His youth successful by performing pastimes in the bushes with Sri Radha and Her friends
- This (Kuntidevi was shown far more favor) was done because Devaki's husband, Vasudeva, was living, whereas Kuntidevi was a widow, and there was none to help her except Krsna
- Thus Krsna showed them (the inhabitants of Vindavana) the eternal, ever-existing spiritual sky, which is unlimited and full of knowledge
- To show causeless mercy to the devotees who would take birth in the future in this age of Kali, the SPG, Krsna, acted in such a way that simply by remembering Him one will be freed from all the lamentation and unhappiness of material existence
- To show His special favor to a devotee, Krsna usually takes away all the objects of his material affection, thus forcing the devotee to be materially helpless, with no alternative but to accept the lotus feet of Krsna
- Whatever happens we must take it as the special mercy shown by Krsna to his devotee. Yes, the reading of Krsna Book and chanting at his bedside must go on. I am offering prayers to Krsna that He may protect Jaya Gopala, who is such sincere devotee
- When He appeared as Krsna, from His very childhood He showed superhuman activities by killing Putana, Aghasura, Sakatasura, Kaliya, etc., and then His maternal uncle Kamsa
- When Lord Krsna heard this unfortunate news from the unknown man, He at first became most perturbed, just like an ordinary human being. His face showed signs of grief, and He began to cry in a piteous tone
- When one sees the universal form of Krsna one becomes frightened, like Arjuna, but Krsna is so kind that after showing it He converts Himself again into His original form
- When Sudama Vipra reached Krsna's palace, Krsna received him very well, and both He and His wife washed the feet of Sudama Vipra, showing respect to the brahmana
- When they (Nanda Maharaja and the cowherd men) were all thus consulting among themselves, Krsna understood their minds, and in order to assure them of their destiny in the spiritual kingdom, He showed them the spiritual sky
- While Krsna was engaged in enjoyment with the boys and girls within the forest of Vrndavana, Kamsa used to send his associates to kill Krsna, and Krsna would show His prowess by killing them
- With folded hands, all the Brahmas and Sivas began to offer prayers unto Lord Krsna, saying, O Lord, You have shown me a great favor. I have been able to see Your lotus feet