Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
dead | deadened | deadly
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Dead"
The following 169 pages are in this category, out of 169 total.
- Dead condition
- Dead society
- Only the cobbler class, the muci class, they eat this cow's flesh after taking the dead animal
- There is a class in India, cobbler. Their business is to take away the dead animals, especially cows
- Unless you kill the animal, you cannot eat. So where is freshness? You have to kill him. You have to make it dead, so why not make it natural dead?
- A faithful wife cannot live without her lord, the husband, and therefore all widows used to voluntarily embrace the burning fire which consumed the dead husband
- A person who is too cruel is as good as dead, even in this lifetime. No one likes a cruel person during his lifetime, and after his death, people curse him
- According to sastra, karmana daiva-netrena (SB 3.31.1), there is superior examination. Yamaraja is there. Now, this man is now dead, this soul is now changing body. What kind of body he'll get next? That is judged by the superior authority
- According to the Indian system, when a person is dead there is a sprinkling of water on the body
- Actually animals are not dead stone, but the killers of animals are stonehearted
- After climbing to the top of the tree, He tightened His belt cloth and, slapping His arms just like a wrestler, jumped into the midst of the poisonous lake. The kadamba tree from which Krsna jumped was the only tree there which was not dead
- After finishing their lunch, Krsna and His friends and calves began to return to their Vrajabhumi homes. While passing, they enjoyed seeing the dead carcass of Aghasura in the shape of a gigantic serpent
- All our senses should be engaged in the service of the Lord. That is perfection. It is indirectly being said in these verses that if our senses are not engaged in the service of the Lord, then it is dead. Savau. Savau karau no kurute saparyam
- Although the Sankhya philosophy accepts that the material ingredients are the cause, the creation of the world never arises from dead matter
- An enemy who sets fire to the house, administers poison, attacks all of a sudden with deadly weapons, plunders wealth or usurps agricultural fields, or entices one's wife is called an aggressor
- Animal or a man, when it is dead, then it is the same value. Is there any difference of value between the animal body and man's body?
- Any layman can understand. A person living - a person dead. So why he is dead? Something is missing. So that missing element is important or this body is important? These rascals cannot understand even, so dull brain
- As in the state we are independent citizens, but if we violate law and order, then we shall be punished. It is very simple thing. But the rascal civilization, they say God is dead. How God can be dead
- As Kesi's last breath came, his eyeballs bulged in their sockets and he passed stool and urine simultaneously. Thus the vital force of his life expired. When the horse was dead, his mouth became loose, and Krsna could extract His arm without difficulty
- Astonished by the ghastly scene, the cowherd boys began to praise Balarama with the words "Well done!" All of them then embraced Balarama with great affection, thinking that He had returned from death. They offered their blessings & congratulations
- At last Bhima caught hold of Jayadratha and beat him very severely, almost dead. Then all but five hairs were cut off his head and he was taken to all the kings and introduced as the slave of Maharaja Yudhisthira
- At the time of death both patient and physician still think of prolonging life, although all the constituents of the body are practically dead and gone
- Atheistic kings or state executive heads, try to equip themselves with all kinds of deadly weapons to bring about a war in a peaceful society. They have no ambition other than personal aggrandizement, and thus mother earth feels overburdened
- Balarama immediately struck the demon's (Pralambasura's) head with His strong fist, and the demon fell down dead as if he were a snake whose head had been smashed
- Because of his (King Citraketu's) great affection for his son, his lamentation grew like a blazing fire, and as he went to see the dead child, he kept slipping and falling on the ground
- Because the water was so poisonous, the (cowherd) boys and cows became visibly affected immediately after drinking. They suddenly fell down on the ground, apparently dead
- By the will of the Lord, King Pariksit, while going away, found a dead snake in front of him, and he thought that the sage, who had coldly received him, thus might be coldly rewarded by being offered a garland of a dead snake
- Dead elephant, one lakh rupees
- Dead life organization
- Dead matter has no moving power, and therefore it cannot act independently. The Lord infuses the material ingredients with His own creative potency
- Devaki said, "You (Krsna) and Balarama immediately brought him from the custody of Yamaraja, although he had been dead for a very long time"
- Devaki was stunned with wonder that her dead children had come back and had again been transferred to their respective planets
- Devaki, "I have heard that when You (Krsna) wanted to reward Your teacher, Sandipani Muni, and he asked You to bring back his dead son"
- For their return to the Vaikuntha world, it was arranged that Jaya & Vijaya, for three consecutive births, would act as deadly enemies of the Lord & that at the end of these lives they would return to the Vaikuntha world & serve Him as His associates
- Friends and relatives came there to pacify Lord Caitanya and His mother. Then Lord Caitanya, even though He was the Supreme Personality of Godhead, executed the rituals for His dead father according to the Vedic system
- God is never dead. Krsna is never dead, as some of the modern philosophers, they are putting forward the philosophy of "God is dead." God is dead for those who are following the owl philosophy
- God is not dead; we are also not dead. We shall be dead when we cease to function as part and parcel of the Supreme Whole. That is our death
- God is not dead; you are dead. You are dead actually, because this body, the bodily concept of life, this body is dead
- Having lamented over them (the dead relatives) and sufficiently offered Ganges water, they (the Pandavas, with Draupadi) bathed in the Ganges, whose water is sanctified due to being mixed with the dust of the lotus feet of the Lord
- Head, hands, legs and indeed the entire body have grown on the basis of the soul. If the soul is within, the body, head, hands and legs grow, but otherwise they do not. A dead child does not grow up, for the soul is not present
- How you can say God is dead? God is not dead, but we are dead to appreciate the function of God. We are dead
- I am very much anxious to know how far the residential quarter is constructed. Our deadline of completing the whole temple and residential building is the end of July. Whether it is possible? I want to know it definitely, before I go to Europe
- I beg you that from this day on you will kill animals completely and not leave them half-dead
- I do not know whether the corpse I found was the ghost of a dead brahmana or an ordinary man, but as soon as one looks upon it, the ghost enters his body
- If we are praying to God, "O God, give us our daily bread," and the bread is supplied to us, how God is dead? God cannot be dead
- If you foolishly say that God is dead, that does not mean His law is also dead. The law will go on. One king may be dead. The next, his son or somebody will become king, and the government law will go on
- In Bengal there is a proverb that even if there are some dead metal utensils but when they are together they make so much noise, so what to speak of living utensils. So this is natural
- In order to bring mother Yasoda to consciousness, they began to speak loudly about the transcendental pastimes of Krsna. Mother Yasoda remained still, as if dead, because her consciousness was concentrated on the face of Krsna
- In the Bhagavad-gita it is also confirmed that simply by His transcendental glance over the material nature, He creates different varieties of entities, both movable and immovable, living and dead
- Is there any value of the matter? No. Because the living entities, the living force is there, therefore the city has value, the land has value. Suppose if everyone was dead, what was the value of this apartment? Nobody would come and ask for rent
- It appears that soldiers used to go to the battlefield highly decorated with golden ornaments and with helmets and turbans, and when they were dead the booty was taken by the enemy party
- It is correct that the brahma-jyotir is comprised of spiritual souls and that ultimately nothing is impersonal. Dead matter means forgetfulness of Krsna
- It is not that My Guru Maharaja is dead and gone. That is not spiritual understanding
- Krsna consciousness movement is to give life to the dead society of human being. They are now dead, crazy dead
- Krsna continued, "If a person is able to care for or give protection to old parents, a chaste wife, children, the spiritual master, brahmanas and other dependents but does not do so, he is considered already dead, although he is supposedly breathing"
- Krsna continued, "The gopis are the most dear. They always think of Me (Krsna) in such a way that they remain overwhelmed & almost dead in anxiety due to separation from Me. They are keeping alive simply by thinking that I am returning to them very soon"
- Krsna rewarded His teacher, Sandipani Muni by bringing back his dead son from the region of Yamaloka
- Krsna said, "My dear King of the demons (Bali), mother Devaki is very anxious to see these six dead sons again, and she is very much aggrieved on account of their early death at the hand of Kamsa"
- Krsna said, "Now please order Me. What can I do for you? What is the purpose of your coming here in the dead of night? Kindly take your seats and let Me know what I can do for you"
- Life cannot come from matter. Besides that... Just like when there is life, living entity, the body grows, body changes or grows, as you say. But if the child is dead or come out dead, then the body does not grow. Then matter is growing on life
- Lord Krsna saw the effect of the great serpent’s poison: the whole river that ran before Vrndavana was now deadly
- Lord Krsna ventured to the planet of Yamaloka and found the dead son of His teacher and brought him back to his father as a reward for the instructions received
- Lord Ramacandra personally killed Ravana. Mandodari and other wives lamented for Ravana, and in accordance with Lord Ramacandra's order, Vibhisana performed the funeral ceremonies for all the dead in the family
- Many plants and creepers that were almost dead during the months of April and May are now visible again in various forms, for they are nourished by their roots in the moist earth
- Meanwhile, Nanda and his associates the cowherd men returned from Mathura, and when they saw the great dead body of Putana, they were struck with wonder
- Men who are spiritually dead
- Modern medical science, they see that the energy is coming from the heart, and as soon as the heart stops to work, it is said that the body is dead. So here also the same thing is confirmed
- My dear friend, please tell Me what to do. My ears have been plundered by the qualities of Krsna's sound. Now, however, I cannot hear His transcendental sound, and I am almost dead for want of it
- Nanda continued, "We are also very happy that Kamsa, the most sinful demon, has been killed. He was always envious of the family of the Yadus, his relatives. Now, because of his sinful activities, he is dead and gone, along with all his brothers"
- Nanda Maharaja and Yasodamayi said, "It is also very good news that You (Balarama) and Krsna defeated Jarasandha and Kalayavana, who is now dead, and that You are now living in a fortified residence in Dvaraka"
- Narada Muni continued, 'My dear hunter, your business is killing animals. That is a slight offense on your part. But when you consciously give them unnecessary pain by leaving them half-dead, you incur very great sins'
- Narada Muni replied, 'If you leave the animals half-dead, you are purposefully giving them pain. Therefore you will have to suffer in retaliation'
- Narada then revived the half-dead animals, and, getting freed from their dreadful condition, they fled away. Upon seeing Narada execute this miracle, the black hunter was struck with wonder
- Not only the misguided descendants of Advaita Acarya but anyone who has no connection with Caitanya Mahaprabhu - even if he is independently a great sannyasi, learned scholar or ascetic - is like a dead branch of a tree
- Now the child is dead. Now you give some chemical injection and bring it into life. Why you cannot do that? If you cannot do that, then what is the nonsense, saying that some chemical is missing? If it is missing, you replace it. Why you cannot replace?
- Now unless one is shot dead, he would not leave family life. Even Mahatma Gandhi, he got independence and everything; still he would not leave. So he was shot dead. This is our position. All politicians, all big big men, they are not going to retire
- Now work very strenuously. You are all young men, and somehow or other, dead horse, you have given life. Otherwise the last fortnight I was thinking I am dead now. I was thinking like that, 'Now life is finished"
- Now, everyone is trying not to die, everyone is trying not to become old, everyone is trying not to be dead, meet death. This is natural. Because, by nature, we are not subjected to these things
- Oh, how wonderful it is! Putana, the sister of Bakasura, wanted to kill Krsna by smearing deadly poison on her breasts and having Krsna take it
- On hearing this, Lord Krsna, the son of Devaki, became very angry at the washerman, and striking him with the upper portion of His hand, He separated the man’s head from his body. The washerman fell down dead on the ground
- One blow, Rukmi fell down immediately and was dead and gone. Thus Rukmi was killed by Balarama on that auspicious occasion of Aniruddha's marriage. These things are not very uncommon in ksatriya society
- One can be brought back into Krsna consciousness from the deadly unconscious state of material life by hearing of the maha-mantra: Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare/ Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare
- One of our Godbrothers, he's thinking that "This institution was started by me and Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati as partners. Now the senior partner is dead. Therefore I am the sole proprietor. Who are these Godbrothers? Let them go away." So this is maya
- One should not think of Brahmaji as a dead great-grandfather, as we have experience on this planet. He is the oldest great-grandfather, and he is still living, and Narada is also living
- One who has tasted the beauty of the Supreme Lord Krsna, in the course of his advancement in Krsna consciousness, no longer has a taste for dead, material things
- Our ignorance is so great that we accept this body, this dead body, as my father. This body is not only dead now, it was always dead. Because the living soul was there, within this dead body, it was moving
- Out of compassion for her dead sons, Devaki appealed to Lord Krsna and Balarama thus: "My dear Balarama, Your very name suggests that You give all pleasure and all strength to everyone"
- Prahlada Maharaja said that even a saintly person becomes pleased when a scorpion or a snake is killed. So if it is a fact that Nair is dead it is a matter of great pleasure for all devotees
- Previously she (Devaki) had heard that Krsna and Balarama were so kind to Their teacher that They had brought back the teacher’s dead son from the clutches of the superintendent of death, Yamaraja
- She (the chaste wife of a brahmana) stopped the movement of the sun, brought her dead husband back to life and satisfied the three principal demigods (Brahma, Visnu and Mahesvara)
- She thus stopped the movement of the sun, brought her dead husband back to life and satisfied the three principal demigods (Brahma, Visnu and Mahesvara)
- Simply to stop the killing of animals, Lord Buddha compassionately appeared. Some rascals put forward the theory that an animal has no soul or is something like dead stone
- Since Krsna was kind, affectionate to His aunts, He solaced them as far as possible. The ritualistic ceremonies performed after death were then conducted under the personal supervision of Krsna because He happened to be the nephew of all the dead princes
- So long the soul is there, it is working, it is moving. Just like your coat. It is dead. But so long it is on your body, it appears the coat is moving. The coat is moving. But if somebody is very much astonished, "Oh, how nice the coat is moving
- So materialistic life means that one is bitten by the snake of maya, illusion, and thus, without any Krsna consciousness, he is almost dead. Now the so-called dead man bitten by a snake can be brought back again to life by the chanting of some mantra
- Some of the dead animals that were fit to be offered in sacrifices were carried by servants and sent to King Yudhisthira. The ferocious animals, such as tigers and rhinoceroses, were killed only to stop disturbances in the forest
- Some persons are attracted to the eating of meat, fish, crabs, eggs and other things produced by semina and blood and eaten in the form of dead bodies
- Sometimes these senses are described as kala sarpa. Kala sarpa means the black cobra. As soon as the cobra touches - immediately dead. Similarly, if we allow this kala sarpa to act in their own way, that means we are inviting death at every moment
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu caused the dead son to speak about knowledge, and then the two brothers personally became the sons of Srivasa Thakura
- Stricken by the fist of Balarama, the demon (Pralambasura) fell down dead, just like a snake with a smashed head, and blood poured from his mouth
- Such philosophers (impersonalists) push forward the argument that although cow dung is dead matter, sometimes it is found that scorpions come out of cow dung. Similarly, dead matter like nails and hair comes out of the living body
- Taking with Him some of the important inhabitants of Dvaraka, Krsna went to search out Prasena, the brother of Satrajit, and found him dead, killed by the lion
- The body is not the self. The self is different. If you analyze this body, what you will find? Suppose we are breathing. What is this breathing? It is air only. Now, when the breathing is stopped, a man is dead
- The brahmana whose child had died, thinking there was no fault on his own part, immediately went to the palace door with the dead child in his arms and accused the King as follows
- The cloud of Krsna's pastimes is drenching the fourteen worlds with a shower of nectar. Unfortunately, when that cloud appeared, a whirlwind arose and blew it away. Being unable to see the cloud, the cataka bird of My eyes is almost dead from thirst
- The coat cannot move. The coat is dead. But because the man is there who is putting on the coat, therefore the coat is moving, the pant is moving, the shoe is moving, the hat is moving. Similarly, this body is dead
- The dead bodies of the elephants appeared like small islands, and the dead horses appeared like sharks. By the arrangement of the supreme will, there was a great river of blood filled with paraphernalia
- The demon (Hiranyaksa) continued: When You (Lord Varahadeva) fall dead with Your skull smashed by the mace hurled by my arms, the demigods and sages who offer You oblations and sacrifice in devotional service will also automatically cease to exist
- The entrance of a chaste wife into the flames of the pyre of her dead husband is known as saha-gamana, which means "dying with the husband." This system of saha-gamana had been practiced in Vedic civilization from time immemorial
- The first division is made between dead, stonelike matter and the living organism. A living organism is sometimes manifested even in stone. Experience shows that some hills and mountains grow. This is due to the presence of the soul within that stone
- The gopis said: “We must have performed many welfare activities for the public, such as growing banyan trees and excavating wells. As a result of these pious activities, we have gotten back our child (Krsna), even though He was supposed to be dead"
- The inhabitants of Dvaraka were as joyful as someone receiving a dear relative back from the dead
- The living entity is actually a spiritual soul who is part and parcel of God and has nothing to do with relationships in the world of duality. Therefore Narada Muni advised Citraketu not to lament for his so-called dead son
- The Lord learned all the Vedas with their different branches simply by hearing them once from His teacher, Sandipani Muni, whom He rewarded by bringing back his dead son from the region of Yamaloka
- The meat-eaters, they are everywhere, all over the world, but in India meat-eating is allowed - the fifth class, fifth grade community, they eat these cows when it is dead. And the sudra class, they also eat meat restrictively, goats
- The other day I was speaking in the church that God is not dead. God cannot be dead. Neither you or me cannot be dead. There is living symptom in your body, and there is living symptom in the cosmic manifestation also. Just try to understand what is God
- The Personality of Godhead is not a dead stone, nor is He inactive, as is poorly thought by some schools. He moves with the progress of time, and therefore He knows all about the past and future, along with His present activities
- The Queen (Arci) was completely aware that her husband (King Prthu) was not dead, although the symptoms of life - action, intelligence and sense perception - had ceased
- The queens continued, "We must frankly admit that your voice is imbued with nectar, and it is so invigorating that it is competent to bring back life to those who are almost dead in separation from their dearmost friend"
- The sun is not dead. Similarly, Krsna appears by rotation in this universe after so many years, eight billion and nine billion years. So next He goes to another universe. Just like the sun, after disappearance from Australia, it goes to another country
- The Sun, from millions of years giving us light, giving us heat, but he has not lost its power. If this is possible for a dead matter, then how God will be Form-less after creating unlimited universes with His power?
- The vulture, they have got a very good eyesight, very good eyesight. You... Seven miles away from the surface, they can see where there is a dead corpse. So they have got good eyesight, but they are searching after dead corpse only
- The wives of kamsa and his brothers said, "Our dear husbands, you are so kind and are the protectors of your dependents. Now, after your death, we are also dead, along with your homes and children. We no longer look auspicious"
- Then the five brothers were detected at the marriage ceremony of Draupadi, so another rumor spread that the Pandavas and their mother were not dead
- There is no possibility of enjoying this transcendental parakiya-rasa within the material world. It is stated in Srimad-Bhagavatam that one should not imitate this parakiya-rasa even in dream or imagination. Those who do so drink the most deadly poison
- They (the cowherd men and women) began to talk about how wonderful it was that the demon (Trnavarta) had taken away the child (Krsna) to devour Him but could not do so; instead he fell down dead
- They're being punished every moment, every step, "No, God is not there." All right. Wait a few years more, God will show either you are dead or He's dead
- This body is dead. That's a fact. It is dead from the very beginning. Because it is matter. Matter is always dead. So this body made of matter, bhumir apo 'nalo vayuh
- This entering of a chaste lady into the fire of her dead husband is called the sati rite, and the action is considered to be most perfect for a woman
- This flute is utterly unfit because it is merely a dead bamboo stick. Moreover, it belongs to the male sex
- Those who are fond of eating fish and meat, they can eat when the animal is dead. Not killing
- Those who are in the mode of passion worship and create such gods, and those who are in the mode of ignorance, in darkness, worship dead spirits. Sometimes people worship at the tomb of some dead man
- Thus the brahmana charged that his newly born baby was dead due to the disqualifications of the King
- To assure His parents that Kamsa was dead, Lord Krsna dragged him just as a lion drags an elephant after killing it. When people saw this, there was a great roaring sound from all sides as some spectators expressed their jubilation
- Uddhava informed Krsna, "It appears that they are almost dead because their breathing is very slow." This is an instance of becoming unconscious due to separation from Krsna"
- Uddhava informed Krsna, "Your servants in Vrndavana cannot sleep at night thinking of You, so now they are all lying down on the bank of the Yamuna almost paralyzed. And it appears that they are almost dead, because their breathing is very slow"
- We are indebted to the forefathers and have to offer them pinda (prasadam) after they are dead
- We have no experience. Kalpa-vrksa, there is in the higher planetary system and especially in the Vaikuntha world. There are, trees are kalpa-vrksa, because everything is spiritual; nothing is dead
- We should always feel when we open a temple that the Deity is living and not dead stone or wood. It is a great offense. Before opening a temple it must be considered a hundred times, and after opening it cannot be closed
- We simply don't say that: "No illicit sex, no intoxication, no, no..." Simply negative is no meaning. There must be something positive. Because everyone wants engagement. That is because we are living entities. We are not dead stone
- What is the distinction of this dead body and the living body? So according to Vedic instruction, according to Krsna's instruction, the body is always dead. But so long the soul is there, it appears to be living
- When a living entity transfers from one body to another, a process generally known as death, a sane man does not lament, for he knows that the living entity is not dead but is simply transferred from one body to another
- When a man dies, he is called dead, but when he again appears in a subtle form not visible to our present vision and yet acts, such a dead body is called a ghost
- When Brahma was relieved from his perplexity, he appeared to awaken from an almost dead state, and he began to open his eyes with great difficulty. Thus he could see the external cosmic manifestation with common eyes
- When everyone was informed of the mysterious disappearance of Pradyumna and how he had grown up, they were all struck with wonder because they had gotten back their dead son after they were almost hopeless of his return
- When my mother died, as the devotees of the Lord think, I also thought in that way. What is that? 'Oh, it is a grace of the Lord. My mother is now dead... I am now free'
- When one gives up these material desires, then he is desireless. But one cannot be desireless. That is not possible. Then he is dead and gone. So desirelessness means no material desires
- When Ramacandra was searching for Sita, He found Jatayu almost dead and was informed that Sita has been carried off by Ravana
- When Ravana kidnapped Sita, he was obstructed on the way by Jatayu, a large bird. But the powerful Ravana defeated Jatayu in the fight and cut his wing
- When she saw that her dear baby Krsna was playing on the chest of the dead demonic woman, Mother Yasoda, at a loss what to do, began to walk this way and that. This is an instance of being emotional on account of seeing something ghastly
- When the news of Pradyumna's return spread all over the city of Dvaraka, all the astonished citizens came with great eagerness to see the lost Pradyumna. "The dead son has come back," they said. "What can be more pleasing than this"
- When the supreme authority, Lord Krsna, was thus speaking with great gravity, all the sages and ascetics remained in dead silence. They were amazed upon hearing Him speak the absolute philosophy of life in such a concise way
- When this minute quantity of living spark is gone from the body, the body lies dead, prostrate, and it cannot feel the slightest pain - even if hacked by an ax
- When Yasoda saw that her dear baby Krsna was playing on the chest of the dead demoniac woman, mother Yasoda, at a loss what to do, began to walk this way and that. This is an instance of being emotional on account of seeing something ghastly
- While speaking learned words, you are mourning for what is not worthy of grief. Those who are wise lament neither for the living nor for the dead
- Why, a dead child born, it does not grow? What is the reason? What is your scientists' reason?
- Widow means one who hasn't got husband or husband is dead. So if the husband's representative is there, strictly speaking, she is not widow
- Without the presence of the spirit soul, the material body cannot move. The body is only a dead vehicle to be worked by the spirit soul, which is always active and cannot stop even for a moment