Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
concentrate | concentrated | concentrates | concentrating | concentration
VedaBase query: concentrat* not mind
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
- ► Krsna's Concentration (2 P)
- ► My Concentration (Prabhupada) (8 P)
- ► Our Concentration (Disciples of SP) (29 P)
- ► Saturated (1 C, 17 P)
Pages in category "Concentration"
The following 92 pages are in this category, out of 92 total.
- A karmi, a business man, is improving his business. Just like in your country there are..., there were many great business brain-Mr. Henry Ford, Rockefeller. So they concentrated their attention how to earn money. They are also called yogi in that way
- A sannyasi means he has ceased all material desire. There is no material desire. And the concentrated material enjoyment is sex. So if one could not control his sex life, then how he is swami? He's cheater
- All the kings who were detained in the concentration camp to be killed before Mahabhairava were thus released by Bhima
- All the Vedic instructions are what is called skimmed, concentrated in the Vedanta-sutra, in one. The Upanisads, there are 108 Upanisads, and many others. So all the knowledge is concentrated in the Vedanta-sutra
- Another devotee very anxiously expressed himself thusly, "My mind is very flickering, so I cannot concentrate it upon Your lotus feet"
- As it is concentrated, sugar cane juice goes through different stages - molasses, sugar, sugar candy - but the final and most palatable state is rock candy
- At any rate we do not know how long we shall live. So we have to concentrate on reading, chanting, and distributing books, and in this way try to become Krsna conscious completely before the next death
- At first, remembrance of Krsna may be interrupted at intervals, but later remembrance proceeds uninterrupted. When remembrance is uninterrupted, it becomes concentrated and is called meditation
- At this position (blocking the nine holes by complete suspension of air, then concentrating the vital force in the middle position between the eyebrows), the yogi can think of the planet to which he wants to go after leaving the body
- Because they (the devotees) fix their minds on the lotus feet of the Lord and concentrate on the holy name of the Lord, they do not feel the so-called pains and pleasures caused by the dualities of this material world
- Bhakti, love of Godhead, the symptom is that he's no more in love with material things. That is the test. You cannot... Just like you cannot love two persons. That is divided. One love concentrated, that is perfect love
- By chanting the Hare Krsna mantra one immediately concentrates on the sound vibration and thinks of the lotus feet of the Lord, and very quickly one is elevated to the position of samadhi, or trance
- By material association and education, we learn simply to concentrate on flimsy things, but yoga is the process of forgetting them altogether
- Devotee remarked, "This great sage is concentrating his eyesight on the tip of his nose, and from this it appears that he has already realized the eternal form of the Lord within himself"
- Dhruva Maharaja, by concentrating constantly on the Supreme Personality of Godhead within his heart, could press down the entire earth, like an elephant who presses down the boat on which it is loaded
- He (the yogi) can then (after concentrating the vital force between the eyebrows) decide whether he wants to go to the abode of Krsna in the transcendental Vaikunthas, or to travel to higher planets in the material universe
- His (the Lord's) appearance in His original eternal form is His causeless mercy, bestowed upon the living entities so that they can concentrate on the Supreme Lord as He is, and not on mental concoctions or imaginations
- If one continuously or permanently concentrates on living with his family, he should be understood to be killing himself
- If we concentrate our loving propensities upon Krsna only, then immediately universal love, unity and tranquillity will be automatically realized
- If you have got money keep it with you. Don't spoil it unnecessarily. Concentrate on bhajan along with your father and mother. That is my advice
- In answer to Arjuna's question, Krsna clearly says that he who concentrates upon His personal form and who worships Him with faith and devotion is to be considered most perfect in yoga
- In the next life, as Jada Bharata, Maharaja Bharata was careful not to spoil his energy, and therefore he presented himself as a deaf and dumb person. In this way he could concentrate on his devotional service
- In this age, hearing is more important than thinking because one's thinking may be disturbed by mental agitation, but if one concentrates on hearing, he will be forced to associate with the sound vibration of Krsna
- Indeed, the gopis cannot hear anything else, nor are they able to concentrate on anything else, not even to give a suitable reply. Such are the effects of the vibration of Lord Krsna's flute
- It is indicated that the Visnu form is the ultimate goal of meditation, and as such it is better to concentrate upon the forms of Visnu than on impersonal omkara. The latter process is also more difficult than the former
- It is remarked by the Lord Himself that those who are attached to this impersonal feature of the Lord suffer a very troublesome task because no one can concentrate on the impersonal feature
- Karabhajana Muni addresses King Nimi and says, "My dear King, a person who has given up the worship of the demigods and has completely concentrated his energy in the devotional service of the S P of Godhead has become very, very dear to the Lord"
- King Pariksit's question was, Which is the ultimate target of Vedic knowledge - this concentration on the impersonal feature of the Absolute Truth or concentration on the personal feature
- Krsna clearly says that he who concentrates upon His personal form and who worships Him with faith and devotion is to be considered most perfect in yoga
- Krsna has declared in the Bhagavad-gita that the worshipers of the demigods are not very intelligent. He has also declared that one has to give up all kinds of worship and simply concentrate on Krsna consciousness
- Krsna said: "O My beloved gopis, you have renounced social customs, scriptural injunctions and your relatives for My sake. I disappeared behind you only to increase your concentration upon Me"
- Meditating on the lotus feet of the Lord acts like a thunderbolt on the mountain of dirt in the mind of the yogi. If a yogi wants to shatter the mountain of dirt in his mind, he should concentrate on the lotus feet of the Lord
- Meditation means concentration upon the lotus feet of the Lord. Lotus feet indicate the SPG. But those who are impersonalists do not recognize the lotus feet of the Lord, and therefore their object of meditation is something impersonal
- Paundraka's meditation was concentrated on the Visnu form, but because he thought himself Visnu, it was offensive. By his being killed by Krsna, that offense was mitigated. Thus he was given sarupya liberation, and he attained the same form as the Lord
- Please give me relief from all the managing so I can devote my brain to the literary work. It requires a great deal of concentration
- Sacred centres were meant for diffusing spiritual education and by this process of spiritual culture the disturbed mind could be trained up in concentration for higher duties which every human being must do
- Samadhi, trance, can be possible in five different ways in terms of one's relationship. Specifically, the trance of devotees on the stage of neutrality is called mental concentration
- Santa-bhakti-rasa devotees generally relish the impersonal feature of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Since their taste of transcendental bliss is incomplete, it is called aghana, or not concentrated
- Sati concentrated all her meditation on the holy lotus feet of her husband, Lord Siva, who is the supreme spiritual master of all the world
- Sati concentrated all her meditation on the holy lotus feet of her husband, Lord Siva, who is the supreme spiritual master of all the world. Thus she became completely cleansed of all taints of sin and quit her body in a blazing fire by meditation
- She (a woman) should concentrate her devotional activities in chanting and meditating upon Krsna, as is advised herein. One should not follow the men called sahajiyas, the so-called devotees who take everything very lightly
- Since his life was in danger, he (Asvatthama) touched water in sanctity and concentrated upon the chanting of the hymns for throwing nuclear weapons, although he did not know how to withdraw such weapons
- Sometimes during war, soldiers keep their enemies in concentration camps and kill them in very cruel ways. These are reactions brought about by unrestricted animal-killing in the slaughterhouse and by hunters in the forest
- Srimati Radharani's gopi friends are Her mental activities, which are concentrated on the pastimes of Sri Krsna. She keeps Her hand on the shoulder of a friend, who represents youth
- The best example are the gopis. They, they had no other business than to keep Krsna always within the heart. Gopis requested Krsna, "Please, if You get out from our hearts then we can concentrate to our household duties
- The chanter has to concentrate on hearing the vibration, and without extra endeavor on his part, the Lord will automatically appear
- The eyes are engaged in seeing worldly beauty, so one has to withdraw them from enjoying that beauty and concentrate on seeing beauty inside. That is called pratyahara
- The eyes, nose, ears, etc., these are places that are known as the seventh orbit of the vital force. But the yogis can block these holes by complete suspension of air. The yogi then concentrates the vital force in the middle position, between the eyebrows
- The ideal yogi concentrates his attention on Krsna who is called Syamasundara, who is as beautifully colored as a cloud, whose lotuslike face is as effulgent as the sun, whose dress is brilliant with jewels and whose body is flower-garlanded
- The impersonalists imagine some form of the impersonal Brahman, and to facilitate meditation they concentrate upon the forms of Visnu, Siva, Ganesa, Surya and goddess Durga. Actually these pancopasakas are not devotees of anyone
- The Krsna consciousness movement prescribes sixteen rounds daily because people in the Western countries cannot concentrate for long periods while chanting on beads
- The Lord is one and that He is expanded in everything. This is understood by the Vedic version: sarvam khalv idam brahma. One who knows this concentrates all his energy in worshiping Lord Visnu
- The personified Vedas continued, "Your (the Lord's) enemies also concentrate upon You, thinking always of how to kill You, and yogis undertake great penances and austerities just to attain Your impersonal effulgence"
- The real point is to concentrate the mind on the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Women such as the gopis were attached to Krsna, being captivated by His beauty, and their mental concentration on Krsna was provoked by lust
- The whole process is to concentrate upon the visnu-murti, Visnu form, within the heart. And unless there is pleasure, there is no enjoyment, what is the use of controlling the senses and focusing the mind on the Supreme Supersoul within the heart?
- The whole purpose of the yoga system is to gain control of the mind and concentrate the full attention on Lord Visnu within the heart. In Krishna Consciousness, by chanting the Hare Krishna Mantra, we immediately fix our mind upon Krishna's Name
- The yogi should concentrate on the polished ornaments, which were burnished by Mount Mandara as it revolved
- The yogis are also directed to concentrate their meditation upon Krsna within the heart, and by such a continued process of Krsna consciousness they can also become free from the clutches of the material energy
- The yogis can block these holes (the eyes, nose, ears, etc.) by complete suspension of air. The yogi then concentrates the vital force in the middle position, that is, between the eyebrows
- There are certain symptoms of great sages who are situated in santa-rasa devotional service, and these symptoms are exhibited as follows: they concentrate their eyesight on the tip of the nose, and they behave just like an avadhuta
- There are many Mayavadi philosophers who consider that Krsna's body is the effect of a concentration of the material mode of goodness, and they distinguish Krsna's soul from Krsna's body
- This indirect acceptance is described in the Bhagavad-gita as avidhi. Avidhi means “not bona fide.” Since demigod worship is not bona fide, the impersonalists stress concentration on the impersonal feature of the Absolute Truth
- This Krsna consciousness movement is educating that the varieties of service should be concentrated for the satisfaction of Krsna. That is pravrtti
- This planet earth is but an insignificant spot in the cosmic structure. Yet foolish men, puffed up by a false sense of scientific advancement, have concentrated their energy in the pursuit of so-called economic development on this planet
- This process of concentrating on the different bodily parts of the Lord will gradually diminish the demoniac challenge of godlessness and bring about gradual development of devotional service to the Lord
- Undeviating concentration on the Supreme Lord is the first sign of pure devotion
- Undeviating concentration on the Supreme Lord is the first sign of pure devotion. In other words, a pure devotee is one who wards off all desires and thoughts not related to unflinching devotional service to the Supreme Lord
- We don't find anything in the Bhagavad-gita that "You should concentrate, meditate in darkness." We take it as bogus. No religious system, even in Christianity, there is no such thing as darkness
- We have to concentrate on reading, chanting, and distributing books, and in this way try to become Krsna conscious completely before the next death
- When remembrance is uninterrupted, it becomes concentrated and is called meditation. When meditation expands and becomes constant, it is called anusmrti. By uninterrupted and unceasing anusmrti one enters the stage of samadhi, or spiritual trance
- When you concentrate in that study with bhava, then you can understand Krsna, how He is working, how He is the original source of everything. That requires little brain
- Women must be engaged otherwise they will be inclined to think of sex only. They are called kamini. Unless there is sufficient engagement their only thoughts will be concentrated on sex
- Yoga system is approved, but nobody can follow the rules and regulations strictly, neither there is suitable place for executing it, and everyone is always full of anxiety, so how they can concentrate?
- You cannot love two persons. That is divided. One love concentrated, that is perfect love
- You love your husband like this, your wife like this, your country like this, your society like this. There are different grades of loving demonstration. That loving demonstration, when it will be concentrated on Vasudeva, Krsna, that is the highest