boy | boys | boy's
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
- ► Intelligent Boy (11 P)
- ► Names of Cowherd Boys (68 C)
- ► Our Boys (Disciples of SP) (1 C, 185 P)
- ► Young Boys (52 P)
Pages in category "Boy"
The following 322 pages are in this category, out of 322 total.
- A boy is trained to become brahmacari. Brahmacari. Brahmacari means complete celibacy. No sex life, no amusement. Because just to train him not to be attracted by this material sense enjoyment. Then he'll be able to grasp what is spiritual life
- A boy loves a girl, a girl loves a boy. That is not love, that is lust. As soon as there is some disturbance in lusty affair, they divorce. So therefore that is not love
- A devotee cannot execute the order of anyone except the Supreme Personality of Godhead. This is the position of a devotee. Hiranyakasipu could understand that this boy (Prahlada) must have been very powerful, since the boy did not heed his orders
- A father always remains in anxiety until he can hand over his grownup daughter to a suitable boy
- A father's duty is that as soon as the girl is grown up, she must be married. She must be given in charge of a suitable boy. That is Vedic system
- A good boy surrenders to his father means whatever he earns, the money, at the end of month he puts in the hand of the father: "Oh, this is my month's earnings"; similarly, we have to sacrifice the fruits of our labor to Krsna. This is the beginning of KC
- A Krsna conscious boy, even if he is not very well educated by the university standard, can immediately give up all illicit sex life, gambling, meat-eating and intoxication
- A person who knows the principles of religion does not kill an enemy who is careless, intoxicated, insane, asleep, afraid or devoid of his chariot. Nor does he kill a boy, a woman, a foolish creature or a surrendered soul
- A ritual should be performed by young men, even boys, at a tender age in order for the ritual to be performed successfully
- According to astrological calculation, a person is classified according to whether he belongs to the godly or demoniac quality. In that way the spouse was selected. A girl of godly quality should be handed over to a boy of godly quality
- According to the boy's (Srngi's) opinion, the King (Maharaja Pariksit) was on the wrong side and not his father, and thus he justified his silent father
- According to Vedic civilization, therefore, before the marriage takes place an account is taken of both the boy's and girl's families. If according to astrological calculation the combination is perfect, then marriage takes place
- Actually I did not follow him (my Guru Maharaja) in the beginning. High philosophical speaking and I was a new boy. I could not follow him, but actually I was so much glad to hear him. That's all
- After fixing his bow and arrow, the cruel boy used to go to the forest and unnecessarily kill innocent deer, and as soon as he came all the people would cry, "Here comes cruel Vena! Here comes cruel Vena!"
- After hearing Usa's words, Citralekha immediately replied, "I can understand your bereavement, and I assure you that if this boy is within these three worlds - the upper, middle and lower planetary systems - I must find him for your satisfaction"
- After instructing all the foolish relatives of Suyajna, Yamaraja, in the form of a boy, disappeared from their vision. Then the relatives of King Suyajna performed the ritualistic funeral ceremonies
- After saying this, Srikanta, who was only a boy, left the group and traveled on alone to the residence of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- After some time, when the boy stood up and left, the intolerant Damodara Pandita began to speak
- After too much material enjoyment, the next stage is frustration. That stage is coming to your country. Therefore the boys are becoming hippies. After too much material enjoyment, the next stage is - that is natural-frustration
- Again and again Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked the boy to chant the name of Krsna, but the boy would not utter the holy name
- Alas, just see how I was conquered by my wife! Just imagine my cruelty! Out of love and affection the boy was trying to get up on my lap, but I did not receive him, nor did I even pat him for a moment. Just imagine how hardhearted I am
- All inauspicious matters are removed from the path of a progressive devotee. Meeting all the great sages at the time of death was certainly auspicious for Maharaja Pariksit, and thus he was blessed by the so-called curse of a brahmana's boy
- All of them (Dhrtarastra, Bhisma, Vidura and Arjuna) knew that Laksmana was not at all inclined to select him (Samba) as her husband and that she was not given the chance to select her own husband; instead she was forcibly taken away by this boy
- All of them (Dhrtarastra, Bhisma, Vidura and Arjuna), under the counsel of the elder members of the Kuru family, decided to arrest the boy (Samba) but not kill him
- All our leaders they are blind, they have no perfect knowledge, they do not know what is after this body. As we have... everyone of us this experience that we had a body like a child, we had a body like a boy, like a young man
- All the members of the Kuru dynasty, such as Dhrtarastra, Bhisma, Vidura and Arjuna, thought it an insult to their family tradition that the boy, Samba, could possibly have kidnapped their daughter
- Although all the brahmanas were aloof from the incident, still for the childish action of a brahmana boy the whole world situation was changed. Thus Rsi Samika, a brahmana, took responsibility for all deterioration of the good orders of the world
- Although Dhruva Maharaja was a small boy, he wanted to offer prayers to the Supreme Personality of Godhead in suitable language. But because he was inexperienced, he could not adjust himself immediately
- Although in the material sense the glancing of a boy at a girl is a kind of pollution, when Krsna threw His transcendental glance at the gopis, they became purified
- Although Sivananda Sena tried with much endeavor to get his boy to speak Krsna's holy name, the boy would not utter it
- Although the boy was only seven years old and still had no education, he composed such a nice verse. Everyone was struck with wonder
- Although the boy's mother is completely austere and chaste, she has one natural fault - she is a very beautiful young girl
- An inexperienced boy may be struck with wonder by seeing the impersonal actions of electronics or many other wonderful things conducted by electrical energy, but an experienced man knows that behind the action is a living man who creates such energy
- Another day, when Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said to the boy, "Recite, My dear Puri dasa," the boy composed the following verse and expressed it before everyone
- Appearing as a brahmana boy, wearing a belt of straw, a sacred thread, an upper garment of deerskin, and matted locks of hair, Lord Vamanadeva entered the arena of sacrifice
- As a brahmana boy, I (Siva as Sankaracarya) manufacture this philosophy in the Age of Kali to mislead the atheists. Actually, the Supreme Personality of Godhead has His transcendental body, but I describe the Supreme as impersonal
- As a devotee of the Lord, he (Maharaja Pariksit) could understand that the cursing of the brahmana boy, although unwise, was a blessing upon him, being the cause of detachment from worldly affairs, both political and social
- As a young boy he (Sukadeva Goswami) was expected to be properly dressed, but he went about naked and was uninterested in social customs. He was neglected by the general populace, and inquisitive boys and women surrounded him as if he were a madman
- As far as I (Narada Muni) was concerned, I was self-controlled and had no attachment for sports, even though I was a boy. In addition, I was not naughty, and I did not speak more than required
- As long as a living entity in the form of a child or boy is innocent, it is the duty of the father and mother to lead him into a proper understanding of the values of life
- Assured, the child (Suka) came out, but he immediately went away as a parivrajakacarya. When the father (Vyasa), very much aggrieved, began to follow his saintly boy, Sukadeva Gosvami, the boy created a duplicate Sukadeva, who later entered family life
- At that time (when Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu was dancing in front of the car during the Ratha-yatra festival) the boy (Acyutananda) was only six years old
- Bali Maharaja said: O son of a brahmana, Your instructions are as good as those of learned and elderly persons. Nonetheless, You are a boy, and Your intelligence is insufficient. Thus You are not very prudent in regard to Your self-interest
- Banasura and his company of soldiers saw that the boy (Aniruddha) was standing before them just like the superintendent of death with his invincible rod
- Banasura saw his daughter (Usa) and Aniruddha as a suitable match, yet for family prestige he did not like the combination at all. Banasura could not understand who the boy actually was
- Because Asamanjasa engaged in such abominable activities, his father gave up affection for him and had him exiled. Then Asamanjasa exhibited his mystic power by reviving the boys and showing them to the King and their parents
- Because I do not remember what I did in my mother's womb, that does not mean that I had no a little body. The body is change, I am there. Therefore, I change this body I will remain. This is common sense business. I am changing my body daily every moment
- Because the age of Kali was seeking an opportunity to spoil the cultural heritage of the four orders of life, the inexperienced boy gave a chance for the age of Kali to enter into the field of Vedic culture
- Because we are engaged in warfare with the forces of Maya, there will be casualties. Even Arjuna's son, Abhimanyu a 16-year-old boy was killed at the battle of Kuruksetra
- Before the initiation, he (the boy) became more and more advanced in discipline, which is very essential for one who wishes to make progress in the line
- Being afraid of His mother, Krsna replied, “My dear mother, all these boys, including My elder brother, Balarama, are speaking lies against Me
- Bilvamangala said, "the boy of Vrndavana who is always eagerly glancing over His devotees and therefore moving slightly here and there"
- Both parties, the girl's father and the boy's father, will spend. Still in India, there are cases like that. They'll spend their hard-earned money during the marriage ceremony of their son and daughter
- Both the father and the mother were responsible for the boy's success in being liberated from the material bondage. That is the process of successful family planning. It is to beget children for complete perfection
- Boys are apt to create so many artificial demands for playing, and when they do not attain satisfaction they become furious with anger, and the result is suffering
- Boys are enthusiastic to play with other boys or with various diversions because they are encouraged by desire. But there is no possibility of such desire for the Lord because He is self-satisfied and detached from everything at all times
- Brahmacari is meant for the boys, not for the girls. Girls, they are to be married. A brahmacari may remain unmarried for life, but according to Vedic civilization, a girl must be married
- By cursing a king the foolish Srngi had committed not only a sin but also the greatest offense. Therefore the rsi (Samika Rsi) could foresee that only the Supreme Personality of Godhead could save his boy from his sinful act
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu has not bluffed. He said kalau nasty eva: the Kali-yuga you cannot do anything more. You do simply chant Hare Krsna. Where is the difficulty? A boy can chant. It is simply practice, association
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu used to give to His mother some gold when there was need of money. "Mother, I got this gold. So you can utilize it." The mother would think that "We are poor men. We have no gold. Wherefrom this boy brings gold?"
- Children under five years old are called kaumara, from five years up to the tenth year they are called pauganda, and from the tenth year up to the fifteenth year they are called kaisora. After the fifteenth year, boys are called youths
- Coming before Gopala, the elderly brahmana said, "My dear Lord, please witness that I have given my daughter to this boy"
- Dear Lord, You are a learned teacher. Why then don't You consider that this boy is the son of a widowed brahmani? Why are You so affectionate to him
- Dear son Prahlada, all peace and good fortune unto you. Kindly do not speak lies; just reply with the truth. These boys you see are not like you, for they do not speak in a deviant way
- Double-dealing is natural for girls. When they are satisfied within, they externally show dissatisfaction. Such feminine dealings are very palatable to boys
- Due to Maharaja Pariksit's good government, even a boy of tender age, who was playing with other inexperienced boys, could become as powerful as a qualified brahmana
- Even a boy like Prahlada, who, only five years old, was engaged in the cultivation of spiritual knowledge, was endangered when his father became antagonistic to his devotion
- Even one priest in Boston, he was astonished that "These boys, Christian boys or the Jewish boys, they are our men. And they did not care to know what is God, what is... Now they are after God. They are mad. How it is
- Even today in Hindu society the most conservative families do not allow unmarried girls to go out freely or mix with boys
- Father will be sorry even the intelligent boy is killed or the dull boy is killed. For father, there is no such distinction. Similarly, you cannot kill animals without being sanctioned. That sanction is in the sacrifice
- Five great warriors - Karna, Sala, Bhuri, Yajnaketu and Duryodhana, the father of the girl - who were all maha-rathis and who were guided by the great fighter Bhismadeva, attempted to arrest the boy Samba
- For a woman of the brahmana, ksatriya or vaisya class to accept another husband in the presence of the husband she has married, or to file for divorce or accept a boyfriend or paramour, is unacceptable in the Vedic culture
- For this reason, my dear boy, you should not endeavor for this; it will not be successful. It is better that you go home. When you are grown up, by the mercy of the Lord you will get a chance for these mystic performances
- Girls are never thrown into the public street to search out their husband, for when girls are grown up and are searching after a boy, they forget to consider whether the boy they select is actually suitable for them
- Gopis said, "Some of them cut jokes with Him in mild voices and please Him very much by this." For example, Krsna had one brahmana friend whose name was Madhumangala. This boy would joke by playing the part of a greedy brahmana
- Hatred of the lower orders of life began from this brahmana boy, under the influence of Kali, and thus cultural life began to dwindle day after day
- Have you (Arjuna) not taken care of old men and boys who deserve to dine with you? Have you left them and taken your meals alone? Have you committed some unpardonable mistake which is considered to be abominable?
- He (Asamanjasa) would disturb the boys sporting in the River Sarayu by throwing them into the depths of the water
- He (Jambavan) was attached to his boy and to the greatly valuable Syamantaka jewel, which he did not want to spare for Krsna
- He (Krsna) addressed Pradyumna thus, "My dear boy, just give up your inferiority complex, and do not hang your neck"
- He (Samika Rsi) directly prayed for pardon from the Supreme Lord, who alone can undo a thing which is impossible to change. The appeal was made in the name of a foolish boy who had developed no intelligence at all
- He (Samika Rsi) thought within himself that if Maharaja Pariksit would countercurse the boy, he might be saved. But he knew also that a pure devotee is callous about worldly advantages or reverses
- He (the father) should find out some suitable boys and give in charity: "My dear boy, take charge of this girl. So long she was under my charge. Now it is under your charge." So where is the brahmacarini? There is no question of brahmacarini
- He did not think that He's a statue; it is image. He knew God. That was his conviction. So God said, "How do you think that a statue can go with you? I am a statue. I cannot go." Then this boy replied, "Well, if a statue can speak, He can go also."
- He has obstructed the universal breathing process. You can safely return to your respective homes. I shall stop this boy in his severe acts of austerities, and you will be saved from this situation
- He is very much anxious to have me visit there, so I have consented that on my way to Russia I will go there for some time. I asked that you correspond with this boy in my previous letter but he makes no mention of it
- Hiranyakasipu advised his assistants: My dear demons, give complete protection to this boy at the guru-kula where he is instructed, so that his intelligence will not be further influenced by Vaisnavas who may go there in disguise
- Hiranyakasipu said: While Yamaraja, in the form of a small boy, was instructing all the relatives surrounding the dead body of Suyajna, everyone was struck with wonder by his philosophical words
- Hiranyakasipu thought: I have used many ill names in chastising this boy Prahlada and have devised many means of killing him, but despite all my endeavors, he could not be killed. Indeed, he saved himself by his own powers
- Hiranyakasipus are always inimical with the devotees of the Lord even if such devotee happens to be a son. Hiranyakasipu persecuted Prahlada although he was a boy of 5 years old and a beloved son of Hiranyakasipu
- How wonderful are the powerful ksatriyas. They cannot tolerate even a slight infringement upon their prestige. Just imagine! This boy is only a small child, yet harsh words from his stepmother proved unbearable to him.
- I (Yudhisthira) have killed many boys, brahmanas, well-wishers, friends, parents, preceptors and brothers. Though I live millions of years, I will not be relieved from the hell that awaits me for all these sins
- I approached many respectable friends for giving me at least one boy from each family to be trained up in this line of self-realization, but I was not successful. The parents had no interest, the same difficulty of sudra mentality
- I can see that this boy's strength is unlimited, for he has not feared any of my punishments. He appears immortal. Therefore, because of my enmity toward him, I shall die. Or maybe this will not take place
- I could not induce this boy to chant the holy name of Krsna. Hearing this, Svarupa Damodara Gosvami began to speak
- I especially request you to try to open a center in China. So far I have information of the Chinese people and so far I have seen Chinese boys in Hong Kong, I am very hopeful for success in China
- I never came here because American boys or people wanted me. They did not feel any need of my presence. But I came here, because it is my duty. My Guru Maharaja ordered me
- I remember in, long ago, about sometimes in 1936, my eldest son in Bombay - he was in school - he stood first. So his class friends became envious that "Here is a boy, he is coming from Bengal, and he has stood first." They wanted to fight with him
- I wish to narrate one short story, that one man, one boy, was attracted by a beautiful girl. So the girl does not agree, and the boy is persistent
- I'll give you a practical example. This is my personal experience. One boy was suffering from some typhoid disease, and he asked his younger brother, "Please give me some biscuit"
- If a boy loves some girl or a girl loves some boy, naturally, he thinks always of him. So to think of Krsna always means you must develop your love. That is there within yourself, everyone. Krsna-bhakti nitya-siddha
- If the taste and character differ between the man and woman, their combination will be unhappy. Even about forty years ago, in Indian marriages, the taste and character of the boy and girl were first of all matched, and then they were allowed to marry
- In a dream a young man may experience the presence of a young woman because at that time the senses are active. Because of undeveloped senses, a child or boy will not see a young woman in his dreams
- In a family if there is one good boy, he can glorify the whole family and similarly if there is bad boy he can turn the whole family into ashes
- In his previous life he was simply a boy of a maidservant, but through association with great devotees he became a devotee of the Lord of his own standard, unique in the history of devotional service
- In his previous life, when Naradaji was impregnated with spiritual knowledge by the grace of the great sages, there was a tangible change in his life, although he was only a boy of five years
- In London we have instituted a program where important men come to meet with me in the evening for discussion of Krsna Consciousness. I have talked with a very famous sculptor, a teacher of a boys college and today George Harrison is supposed to visit
- In my childhood I was very naughty boy, and I used to catch my father in so many ways demanding unreasonable things, and my father used to satisfy me
- In order to sympathize with the boys' regrettable condition, even the forest friends, the deer, are shedding tears
- In our childhood, when I was a boy of eight or ten years, sometimes I used to accompany my father. My father was a great devotee. He would take prasadam from the temple
- In the case of Maharaja Pariksit, the situation was different. Apparently the King was condemned to death by an inexperienced brahmana boy, but factually he was called by the Lord to return to Him
- In the forest, Kanva Muni performed all the ritualistic ceremonies concerning the newborn child. Later, the boy became so powerful that he would capture a lion and play with it
- In the material world, lust is accepted as love. A boy is loving a girl, a girl is loving... But it is lust. That is not love
- In the modern society, even a boy thinks himself self-sufficient and pays no respect to elderly men. Due to the wrong type of education being imparted in our universities, boys all over the world are giving their elders headaches
- In the next issue of "Back to Godhead" you should put one note of thanks to Mr. Alexander Kulik of Laguna Beach California. This boy has kindly paid BBT Dollars 25,000.00 for publication of books
- In the Srimad-Bhagavatam it is recommended by Prahlada Maharaja that unmarried boys should accept this Bhagavata dharma or Krishna Consciousness for their life's benefit
- In the system of varnasrama-dharma, which is the beginning of actual human life, small boys after five years of age are sent to become brahmacari at the guru's asrama
- In this way, all the people of the town of Nadia - including all women, boys and old men - came there. Thus the crowd increased
- Indignant and angry, his reddish eyes like molten copper, Hiranyakasipu said to his servants: O demons, take this boy away from me! He deserves to be killed. Kill him as soon as possible
- It is also encouraging to note that one educated boy is wanting to translate some of our literature into Tamil language, so encourage him
- It is essential that girls as well as boys be trained to discharge spiritual duties so that at the time of cooperation both will be benefited. The training of the boy is brahmacarya, and the training of the girl is chastity
- It is very good that some of the men have the missionary visas and that you are getting Japanese boys to join. You say that the Japanese are less intelligent, but when I was in Japan I saw that they were inclined towards this movement
- It was a personal affair, and therefore Samika Rsi knew that the King (Maharaja Pariksit) would not take counteraction. Thus there was no alternative than to place an appeal to the Lord for the immature boy
- It was the duty of the spiritual master or teacher to observe the psychological movement of a particular boy and thus train him in a particular occupational duty
- Jaga (Jagadananda Pandita) is only a new boy, but he has become so proud that he thinks himself competent to advise a person like you
- Just as a boy is educated in order to become happy later, one should be educated in this life in order to attain an eternal and prosperous life after death
- Just as a boy at the beach creates something in which he is not interested, the Lord, keeping everything under His control, causes creation, maintenance and annihilation
- Just like a father has got four boys. Not that everyone is of the same intelligence. But does the father give less protection to the less intelligent son? No. The protection, the family protection, is equal for everyone
- King Pariksit affords a good example of bhava. When sitting on the bank of the Ganges waiting to meet his death due to the curse of a brahmana boy he said...
- Krsna is situated in both the boy's and the girl's heart. So Krsna is giving, "You wanted to enjoy. Now here is opportunity, you take it." Then Krsna becomes the cause. Mattah smrtir jnanam. "You wanted. You have got, here is
- Krsna would be dressed by Mother Yasoda, and when she would see a boy standing at the door, she would call him
- Lord Brahma said: My dear boy Narada, being merciful to all (including me) you have asked all these questions because I have been inspired to see into the prowess of the Almighty Personality of Godhead
- Lord Brahma said: My dear boy Rudra, you have eleven other names: Manyu, Manu, Mahinasa, Mahan, Siva, Rtadhvaja, Ugrareta, Bhava, Kala, Vamadeva and Dhrtavrata
- Lord Jesus is a living example how one has to suffer in this material world simply for the matter of preaching the message of God. In Bhagavatam also there is another example like Lord Jesus. He is Prahlada Maharaja a boy of five years old
- Lord Siva became victimized by woman, what to speak of others? I am thinking of that boy also, Paramahamsa. He was a nice boy
- Lord Sri Krsna said: O Arjuna, you should not show mercy by releasing this relative of a brahmana (brahma-bandhu), for he has killed innocent boys in their sleep
- Maharaja Pariksit was always consciously surrendered to the Personality of Godhead, and therefore he was neither afraid nor overwhelmed by fear due to a snake-bird which was to bite him because of the fury of a brahmana boy
- Maharaja Pariksit, who later on, by the arrangement of the Lord, was cursed by the boy of a brahmana and was able to get the association of such a spiritual master as Sukadeva Gosvami
- Marriage between a boy of the vipra-varna and a girl of the sudra-varna is incompatible; married life would be miserable for both husband and wife. Consequently a boy should marry a girl of the same category
- My (Krsna) dear boys & relatives, I therefore advise you that even if a brahmana becomes angry with you & calls you by ill names or curses you, still you should not retaliate. On the contrary, you should smile, tolerate him & offer your respects
- My dear boy (Rudra), I (Brahma) have already selected the following places for your residence: the heart, the senses, the air of life, the sky, the air, the fire, the water, the earth, the sun, the moon and austerity
- My dear boy (Rudra), you may now accept all the names and places designated for you and your different wives, and since you are now one of the masters of the living entities, you may increase the population on a large scale
- My dear boy Dhruva, please surrender unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is the ultimate goal of the progress of the world
- My dear boy, all of us are bound by the Vedic injunctions to the divisions of varnasrama according to our qualities and work. These divisions are difficult to avoid because they are scientifically arranged
- My dear boy, I therefore wish all good fortune for you. You should go to the bank of the Yamuna, where there is a virtuous forest named Madhuvana, and there be purified. Just by going there, one draws nearer to the SPG, who always lives there
- My dear boy, I will give my daughter to you in charity, and I will neglect the position of all others. Don't doubt me in this regard; just accept my proposal
- My dear boy, the Lord, who carries the wheel of a chariot, is represented by the monarchical regime, and when this regime is abolished the whole world becomes filled with thieves, who then at once vanquish the unprotected subjects like scattered lambs
- My dear boy, whatever has been spoken by Suruci, your stepmother, although very harsh to hear, is factual
- My dear boy, you also should take shelter of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is very kind to His devotees. Persons seeking liberation from the cycle of birth and death always take shelter of the lotus feet of the Lord in devotional service
- My dear boys, of all the living entities who have accepted material bodies in this world, one who has been awarded this human form should not work hard day and night simply for sense gratification, which is available even for dogs and hogs that eat stool
- My dear boys, you are all born of My heart, which is the seat of all spiritual qualities. Therefore you should not be like materialistic and envious men
- My dear Haridasa and Sanatana, I think of you as My little boys, to be maintained by Me. The maintainer never takes seriously any faults of the maintained
- My dear Sanatana, you are on the level of My advisor, for you are an authorized person. But Jaga wants to advise you. This is but the impudence of a naughty boy
- My grateful acknowledgement is due to Sriman George Harrison, now chanting Hare Krsna, for his liberal contribution of $19,000 to meet the entire cost of printing this volume. May Krsna bestow upon this nice boy further advancement in Krsna consciousness
- My Guru Maharaja used to give that example: A boy is flying kite...
- Narada describes his previous life to his disciple Vyasadeva. He says that while engaged as a boy servant for those purified devotees during the four months of their stay, he was intimately associating with them
- Narada Muni continued: O King, although the exalted devotee Prahlada Maharaja was only a little boy, he accepted Lord Brahma's words. He gradually proceeded toward Lord Nrsimhadeva and fell down to offer his respectful obeisances with folded hands
- Narada Muni described to the boys (the Haryasvas) their ultimate goal of life and advised them not to become ordinary karmis to beget children. Thus all the sons of Daksa became enlightened and left, never to return
- Narada Muni instructed: My dear boy (Dhruva), in the waters of the Yamuna River, which is known as Kalindi, you should take three baths daily because the water is very auspicious, sacred and clear
- Narada Muni instructed: My dear boy, in the waters of the Yamuna River, which is known as Kalindi, you should take three baths daily because the water is very auspicious, sacred and clear
- Narada Muni saw that the boys known as the Haryasvas were already purified because of living in that holy place and were practically ready for liberation
- No one is unhappy when a serpent is killed. It is a practice among village boys to catch a serpent by the tail and play with it for some time and then kill it
- No, that's all right. Still, I want to see. He was very good boy
- O my boy, your intelligence is immature, and therefore you have no knowledge that the king, who is the best amongst human beings, is as good as the Personality of Godhead
- O small boy, one who approaches me to beg something should not have to ask anything more, anywhere. Therefore, if You wish, You may ask from me as much land as will suffice to maintain You according to Your needs
- O unqualified, most heinous son of a brahmana, you have disobeyed my order and taken shelter of the party of my enemies. You have taught this poor boy about devotional service! What is this nonsense?
- Once the boy and girl unite intimately the hard knot is formed, and the girl is thinking Oh, without him I am lost, and the boy is thinking Oh, without her I am lost, that is Maya's arrangement for keeping us bound-up tightly in the material atmosphere
- One boy, he appeared in his examination. His father asked, "How did you reply to your examination paper?" "Yes, quite nice." Then he said, "How?" "So there were very difficult questions that I could not answer
- One boy, he went out of home and mixed with yogis for several years. Then, after some time, he came to his village, and all the friends and relatives gathered: "Oh, you have been so many years with yogis. What you have learned?"
- One day when the boy came to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the Lord very affectionately inquired from him about all kinds of news
- One day, after Prahlada's mother had personally washed the boy and dressed him nicely with sufficient ornaments, they presented him before his father
- One day, when the great sage Narada saw those boys performing such fine austerities to increase the population, Narada approached them
- One has to approach the spiritual master. He will give direction that "This boy is meant for becoming a brahmana." Everyone has got some tendency. From the tendency it should be designated. Or by work
- People are affectionate to father and mother, and they hesitate how to give up... Especially boys, give up the company of family, father and mother, take to Krsna consciousness
- Previously, the mothers of Sridama, Sudama, Subala and Krsna's other friends did not have the same affection for one another's sons, but now the gopis treated all the boys as their own
- Prince Dhruva, though only a boy, took to severe penances in the forest. And the Lord, being satisfied by his prayer, awarded him the Dhruva planet, which is worshiped by great sages, both upward and downward
- Raghunatha dasa, who was the son of Govardhana Majumadara and was later to become Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, was at that time a boy engaged in study. He came to see Haridasa Thakura daily
- Raising Prahlada, the Lord placed His lotus hand upon the boy's head because His hand is always ready to create fearlessness in all of His devotees
- Regarding sannyasa, yes, according to Vedic principles, as a married man, you must give your wife at least one boy child
- Rukmini continued, "Who is that young woman who has accompanied him? How have they met? Remembering my own son, who was stolen from the maternity home, I can only guess if he is living somewhere, he might have grown by this time to be like this boy"
- Samika Muni sent news to the King (Maharaja Pariksit) that foolish Srngi, his son, although a powerful brahmana boy, unfortunately had misused his spiritual power by cursing the King unwarrantedly
- Savitri was attached to Satyavan, so her father, mother said that "You don't marry this boy. He'll die on the very day of his marriage." So love is blind. She said, "Still I shall marry him"
- Seeing the boy, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu immediately remembered Krsna. Meeting the boy in ecstatic love, the Lord began to speak
- She (Rukmini-devi) began to think more confidently that the boy must be her own grown-up son (Pradyumna) because she felt so much affection for him, and, as an auspicious sign, her left arm was trembling
- She (Rukmini-devi) then began to wonder, "Who is this beautiful young boy? He appears to be the most beautiful person. Who is the fortunate young woman able to conceive this nice boy in her womb and become his mother"
- Sisupala said, "I cannot agree with the statement of a boy like Sahadeva, who has spoken so highly about Krsna and has recommended that Krsna is fit to accept the first worship in the sacrifice"
- Sisupala said, "I fully agree with the respectable persons present here that they are competent to select the personality who can be worshiped first, but I cannot agree with the statement of a boy like Sahadeva, who has spoken so highly about Krsna"
- Sisupala said, "I see here that although many stalwart personalities are present in this assembly, the influence of time is so strong that they have been misled by the statement of a boy (Sahadeva) who has foolishly spoken about Krsna"
- Sisupala said, "Many sages & elder persons are present, but still they have accepted the statement of a foolish boy. This means by the influence of time even the intelligence of such honored persons as those present in this meeting can be misdirected"
- So just last evening one boy was criticizing Krsna that "Why Krsna makes this distinction stri-sudra-vaisya as papa-yoni?" So this is Godlessness, that we dare to criticize Krsna. We should not criticize Krsna
- So these (Four Kumaras) great saints have been living for millions of years now, but still they appear to be just like boys of four or five years
- So-called householders keep themselves shackled in family life, and furthermore they want their children to be shackled in the same way. Playing the parts of playboys in the hands of women, they glide down to the darkest regions of material existence
- Some astrologer told that "This boy, for executing his purpose, he will enter into the fire"
- Some time ago, being inquisitive to know, Sanat-kumara, the chief of the boy-saints, accompanied by other great sages, inquired exactly like you about the truths regarding Vasudeva, from Lord Sankarsana, who is seated at the bottom of the universe
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu inquired from Srikanta about all the Vaisnavas, and the boy informed the Lord about them, naming them one after another
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "This boy knows My mind. Therefore I am very satisfied to accept his invitation"
- Srngi, a qualified son of a great brahmana, attained the required brahminical power both by birth and by training, but he was lacking in culture because he was an inexperienced boy
- Suniti said: My dear boy, whatever has been spoken by Suruci is so, because the King, your father, does not consider me his wife or even his maidservant. He feels ashamed to accept me
- Suppose a girl loves a boy or a boy loves a girl. Both of them are actuated by sense gratification. So that is not love. That is not love. When there is question of sense gratification, that is not love
- Suruci, the younger mother of Dhruva Maharaja, seeing that the innocent boy had fallen at her feet, immediately picked him up, embracing him with her hands, and with tears of feeling she blessed him with the words, "My dear boy, long may you live!"
- Svayambhuva Manu very gladly brought home the beautiful boy named Yajna, and Ruci, his son-in-law, kept with him the daughter, Daksina
- That boy was born partially in the dynasty of irreligion. His grandfather was death personified, and the boy grew up as his follower; he became a greatly irreligious person
- That is the way of dragging a sincere soul nearer to God. The poor boy was being looked after only by his affectionate mother, and yet the mother was taken from the world by the supreme will in order to put him completely at the mercy of the Lord
- The all-powerful Brahma, who was born from the lotus flower, pacified the boy with gentle words, accepting his request, and said: Do not cry. I shall certainly do as you desire
- The American boys, who have simply been trained as sudras, are not at all fit to fight in battle. Therefore, when they are called to join the military, they refuse because they do not have ksatriya spirit
- The author of Sri Caitanya-bhagavata, Srila Vrndavana dasa Thakura, the son of Srivasa Thakura's niece Narayani, was a combined incarnation of Vedavyasa and the cowherd boy Kusumapida
- The behavior of these confidential friends is described by a friend of Radharani, who told Radharani: "My dear graceful Radharani, Your intimate friend, Krsna, is also served by His intimate boy friends"
- The bhakti-vedantas were pure devotees, and the boy became infected with their qualities of purity by their association and by eating once the remnants of the foodstuff taken by them
- The boy (Abhimanyu) left his wife, Uttara, mother of Maharaja Pariksit. The Lord is always pleased to satisfy His devotees in any capacity. Only His devotees can play the parts of His relatives. The Lord is absolute
- The boy (Srngi) was not happy because he committed a great mistake (cursing Maharaja Pariksit), and he wanted to be relieved of the burden on his heart by crying
- The boy addressed the women: O weak women! Only by the will of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is never diminished, is the entire world created, maintained and again annihilated. This is the verdict of the Vedic knowledge
- The boy came daily to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and offered Him respectful obeisances. He was free to talk with Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu because the Lord was his life and soul
- The boy came every day to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who treated him with great affection. It is the nature of any boy to go see a man who loves him
- The boy replied, "Sir, I am a cowherd boy, and I reside in this village. In My village, no one fasts"
- The boy wants to enjoy the girl, the girl wants to enjoy the boy, and that is going on in love. Love is not like that. Love means, "I enjoy or not enjoy, I love you." That is love
- The boy was so cruel that while playing with young boys of his age he would kill them very mercilessly, as if they were animals meant for slaughter
- The boys surrounded Prahlada Maharaja, giving up their playthings, and sat down to hear him. Their hearts and eyes being fixed upon him, they looked at him with great earnestness
- The brahmana boy considered Maharaja Pariksit to be kulangara, or the wretched of the dynasty, but factually the brahmana boy himself was so because only from him did the brahmana caste become powerless, like the snake whose poisoned teeth are broken
- The brahmanas are supposed to give blessings to the vaisyas (farming and merchant caste), and Krsna presented Himself as the son of Maharaj Nanda, a vaisya; so the brahmana boy was right in giving blessings to Krsna
- The citizens of Mathura then began to talk about Balarama. They spoke of His very beautiful lotus-petal eyes, and they remarked of Him, "This boy has killed the Pralamba demon and many others also"
- The concrete example is the spiritual master Narada Muni. In his previous life he was simply a boy of a maidservant, but through association with great devotees he became a devotee of God of his own standard, unique in the history of devotional service
- The custom in Vedic society is to examine the horoscopes of a girl and boy being considered for marriage to see whether their combination is suitable
- The Earth personified continued, "I have therefore brought him to surrender unto Your (Krsna's) lotus feet. I request Your Lordship to give shelter to this boy and bless him with Your lotus feet"
- The Earth personified continued, "My dear Lord, may I inform You (Krsna) that this boy, whose name is Bhagadatta, is the son of my son, Bhaumasura"
- The elder gopis' affection for the boys causelessly increased
- The eternal bond between disciple and spiritual master begins from the first day he hears. Just like my spiritual master. In 1922 he said in our first meeting, you are educated boys, why don't you preach this cult
- The foolish boy (Srngi) had done it out of sheer vanity in being a brahmana's son, and thus he became liable to be punished by the law of God
- The foolish boy was, of course, excused by the Lord, but others, who may not have a father like Samika Rsi, will be put into great difficulty if they misuse the advantages obtained by birth in a brahmana family
- The four Kumaras walked everywhere in the guise of five-year-old boys, and similarly there are many brahmanas, knowers of Brahman, who traverse the globe either as young men, children or avadhutas
- The girl must not be older than the boy
- The gopis contemplated, "In all respects he resembles Krsna, Syamasundara, the beautiful blackish boy. He is even dressed exactly like Krsna. Where has this boy come from. Who is the fortunate girl who has him for her husband?"
- The gopis said, "Yet just to satisfy His devotee, He treated Radharani exactly as a lusty boy treats his girlfriend. Krsna is so kind that He always tolerates the disturbances created by His girlfriends"
- The great sage Maitreya said: After being worshiped and honored by the boy, Dhruva Maharaja, and after offering him His abode, Lord Visnu, on the back of Garuda, returned to His abode, as Dhruva Maharaja looked on
- The great sage Narada overheard this news, and understanding all the activities of Dhruva Maharaja, he was struck with wonder. He approached Dhruva, and touching the boy's head with his all-virtuous hand, he spoke as follows
- The great sage Narada told Dhruva: My dear boy, you are only a little boy whose attachment is to sports and other frivolities. Why are you so affected by words insulting your honor?
- The great yogi Durvasa, under the influence of this Rudra (anger) principle, picked a quarrel with Maharaja Ambarisa, and a brahmana boy exhibited the Rudra principle by cursing the great King Pariksit
- The great yogi Durvasa, under the influence of this Rudra principle (the Rudra principle of anger and passion), picked a quarrel with Maharaja Ambarisa, and a brahmana boy exhibited the Rudra principle by cursing the great King Pariksit
- The inexperienced brahmana boy certainly knew that the King (Maharaja Pariksit) asked for water from his father and the father did not respond. He tried to explain away his father's inhospitality in an impertinent manner befitting an uncultured boy
- The irresponsible life of sense enjoyment was unknown to the children of the followers of the varnasrama system. The boy was even injected with spiritual acumen before being placed by the father in the womb of the mother
- The King is certainly the watchdog of the state in the sense that he keeps vigilant eyes over the border of the state for its protection and defense, but to address him as a watchdog is the sign of a less-cultured boy
- The King repented having banished his boy, for Dhruva was only five years old and a father should not banish his wife and children or neglect their maintenance
- The living being grows little by little within the womb, is born, then continues growing, becomes a child, boy, youth, adult, old man, then finally dwindles and meets death, despite all the good wishes and hopeful pipe dreams of fiction writers
- The living entity transmigrates from the body of an infant to a child to a boy to a youth to a man
- The material world is created to satisfy the whims of the nitya-baddha, or everlasting conditioned souls, just as naughty boys are provided with playing cradles. Otherwise, there was no need of the material world
- The ocean deity replied, “The boy was not actually taken by me but was captured by a demon named Pancajana"
- The older brahmana replied, "My dear boy, do not doubt me. I will give you my daughter in charity. I have already decided this"
- The plan was that for his so-called misdeed the King (Maharaja Pariksit) could be cursed by an inexperienced brahmana boy infected by the influence of Kali, and thus the King would leave his hearth and home for good
- The psychology is the girl, after first menstruation, she enjoys sex life with a boy, she will never forget that boy. Her love for that boy is fixed for good. This is woman's psychology. And she is allowed to have many, oh, she will never be chaste woman
- The relatives unanimously said, "If you give your daughter to that boy, we shall give up all connection with you." Indeed, his wife and sons declared, "If such a thing happens, we shall take poison and die"
- The result of such hearing (hearing the sages) is detachment from worldliness, so much so that even a small boy (Narada Muni in his previous live) could receive the death news of his mother, who was his only caretaker, as the blessing of God
- The result of such hearing is detachment from worldliness, so much so that even a small boy could receive the death news of his mother, who was his only caretaker, as the blessing of God. And at once he took the opportunity to search out the Lord
- The rsi prayed to the all-pervading Personality of Godhead to pardon his immature boy, who had no intelligence and who committed the great sin of cursing a person who was completely free from all sins, who was subordinate and who deserved to be protected
- The rsis in the forest called him (Bharata) Sarvadaman, or one who is able to control everyone because of the boy's becoming so strong, more than the so-called modern Tarzan
- The sage had a son who was very powerful, being a brahmana's son. While he was playing with inexperienced boys, he heard of his father's distress, which was occasioned by the King. Then and there the boy spoke as follows
- The saint Narada Muni continued: Although Prahlada Maharaja was only a boy, when he heard the benedictions offered by Lord Nrsimhadeva he considered them impediments on the path of devotional service
- The snake is fearful as long as his poison teeth are there, otherwise he is fearful only to children. The personality of Kali conquered the brahmana boy first, and gradually the other castes
- The spiritual master or the father, he does not become envious. He feels himself very, very happy, that "This boy has advanced more than me." This is spiritual master's position
- The training was compulsory not only to create good citizens of the state, but also to prepare the boy's future life for spiritual realization
- The twelve boys born of Yajna and Daksina were named Tosa, Pratosa, Santosa, Bhadra, Santi, Idaspati, Idhma, Kavi, Vibhu, Svahna, Sudeva and Rocana
- The vanaprastha, when the gentleman is completely educated for renouncing this world, then he sends back the wife to grown-up boys and he takes sannyasa. This is sannyasa dress
- There are many instances in which even a small boy who was a great devotee of the Lord could offer excellent prayers in the choicest words for glorification of the pastimes of the Lord
- There is a proverb like that. Some foolish persons were speaking that "This year I have seen many boys were married." What does it mean? Many boys are married means there must be many girls also"
- There is a story Savitri-Satyavan. It is not a story. It is historical fact that one gentleman, he was a king's son, prince. His name was Satyavan. But he was to die at a certain age his horoscope said. But one girl Savitri, she fell in love with that boy
- There is a very nice foodstuff, but still, my tongue should not be agitated. There is a very nice girl or boy, still, I shall not be agitated sexually. In this way, when you are able to control the six agitating elements, then you become dhira
- There is another story - it may be fact - that a boy was raised by his aunt very liberally
- There is sufficient information in the Vedic literatures how a man should be trained up, a boy should be trained up, a girl should be trained up, so that in future they may become happy. The ultimate aim of life is how to become connected with Krsna
- These boys run our cars. And you'll be very pleased that in each and every temple we have got at least four cars, nice. Especially one car for me and two cars for carrying them for sankirtana movement. Very good arrangement
- These demons can perform wonderful magic. Vyomasura took the part of a cowherd boy playing as a thief and stole many boys who were playing the parts of lambs
- These gopis were childhood friends of Krsna, and many were married, for in India the girls are generally married by the age of twelve. The boys, however, are not married before eighteen, so Krsna, who was fifteen or sixteen at the time, was not married
- They (boys, brahmanas and women) are all innocent creatures, and in all circumstances killing of them is forbidden in the scriptures. Maharaja Yudhisthira was aware of these mass killings
- They (Dhrtarastra, Bhisma, Vidura and Arjuna) concluded that the girl (Laksmana, Duryodhana's daughter) could not be married to any boy other than Samba, since she had already been touched by him
- This boy chants the mantra within his mind but does not say it aloud. That is his intention, as far as I can guess
- This boy Prahlada is the killer of my brother, for he has given up his family to engage in the devotional service of the enemy, Lord Visnu, like a menial servant
- This boy was known as Srngi, and he achieved good training in brahmacarya by his father so that he could be as powerful as a brahmana, even at that age
- This Krsna consciousness movement is a scientific movement. It is not a religious faith. That is not. The beginning is that as the child grows to become a boy and boy grows to become a young man.... This is scientific. It is not the question of religion
- This same person son of Satyabhama's nurse said, "Lord Baladeva may be a great enemy of Pralambasura, but I have nothing to worry about from Him. And as far as Pradyumna is concerned, I have nothing to take from him, because he is simply a boy"
- This sex, this illicit sex, how is killing him. Illicit sex is so dangerous. He's a good boy. Similarly, Gaurasundara is killed by this illicit sex. Everyone will be killed with the illicit sex. That is the difficulty - falldown. What can I do?
- Thus Yamaraja, in the guise of a small boy, told all the queens: You are all so foolish that you lament but do not see your own death
- To train the innocent boy to be a sense gratifier at the early age when the child is actually happy in any circumstance is the greatest violence
- Under strict observance of discipline he (the brahmacari, or a boy from the age of five years) comes to understand the values of life along with taking specific training for a livelihood (under the care of a bona fide guru or teacher)
- Upon hearing this, the boys came to their senses and begged Narada to be pardoned for their offenses
- We know from Srimad-Bhagavatam that Ajamila, an innocent son of a brahmana, was walking down a road and saw a sudra pair sexually embracing. This attracted the boy, and later on the boy became a victim of all debaucheries
- We should be careful to educate our sons, our boys, with bhagavata-dharma from the very beginning of life. That was the Vedic system. Therefore, in the first twenty-five years of life, the children were sent to gurukula for learning this bhagavata-dharma
- What shall I do for Krsna, who is pleasing beyond all pleasurable conceptions, and who is naughtier than all restless boys? The idea of Krsna's beautiful activities is attracting my heart, and I do not know what I can do
- When a young boy or girl sees a member of the opposite sex there is a natural attraction, without the need for any introduction
- When all the inhabitants of Ayodhya saw that their boys had come back to life, they were astounded, and King Sagara greatly lamented the absence of his son (Asamanjasa)
- When he (Sukadeva Gosvami) was so received by the king and sages, the street boys and less intelligent women who followed him were struck with wonder and fear. So they retired from their frivolous activities, and everything was full of gravity and calm
- When he is old enough, then the husband leaves the home and gives charge to the elderly son: "My dear boys, take charge of your mother." So she is always in charge of somebody
- When Hiranyakasipu heard this philosophy (that since the Lord is present everywhere, He was also present within the columns) from his young son, he derided the boy's statement as just the talk of a child and forcefully struck the pillar with his fist
- When Hiranyakasipu's servants brought the boy Prahlada back to the guru-kula (the place where the brahmanas taught the boys), the priests of the demons, Sanda and Amarka, pacified him
- When I was in America first, I saw some little boys, not more than ten to twelve years, smoking cigarette. I was astonished that "What kind of education is there?" But they don't mind. Even in their classroom, the elderly young boys and girls, they smoke
- When I was there last there was one boy who was for making dolls. I want to know how the samples are coming out, if they are nice. Can he teach our students how to do this art? If so, our men can go there and learn, or should he be sent here to USA?
- When Lord Nrsimhadeva saw the small boy Prahlada Maharaja prostrated at the soles of His lotus feet, He became most ecstatic in affection toward His devotee
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu stayed at the house of Tapana Misra, Raghunatha Bhatta, who was then a boy, washed His dishes and massaged His legs
- When Srila Narada Muni saw these boys (the Haryasvas) engaged in such commendable austerities simply for material creation, he thought it better to release them from this tendency
- When the American boys are disgusted with cigarette smokers, or listening to rock music and meaningless chattering, it means there is Krishna's Grace
- When the boy becomes a young man, he marries between the ages of twenty and twenty-five. When he is married at the right age, he can immediately beget strong, healthy sons
- When the boy did not regain consciousness after some time, Advaita Acarya and the other devotees began to cry
- When the boy returned to the hermitage, he saw a snake on his father's shoulder, and out of his grief he cried very loudly
- When the four months of the rainy season passed and Aniruddha had still not returned home, all the members of the Yadu family became much perturbed. They could not understand how the boy was missing
- Whenever there is a war, there is certainly a massacre of many innocent living beings, such as boys, brahmanas and women, whose killing is considered to be the greatest of sins
- While Samba so diligently fought alone with the six great warriors, they all appreciated the boy's inconceivable potency. Even in the midst of the fighting they admitted frankly that this boy Samba was wonderful
- While the queens were lamenting for the dead body of the King, their loud cries were heard even from the abode of Yamaraja. Assuming the body of a boy, Yamaraja personally approached the relatives of the dead body and advised them as follows
- With great love and affection he (King Uttanapada) went forward to embrace his long-lost boy (Dhruva). Breathing very heavily, the King embraced him with both arms
- Women as a class are no better than boys, and therefore they have no discriminatory power like that of a man
- Yamaraja returned the boy to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and Krsna and Balarama brought him to his father. The brothers asked if Their teacher had anything more to ask from Them, but he replied, "My dear sons, You have done enough for me"
- You are surrendering to this boy or that boy, hearing. This is correct or that is correct. But you do not know what is correct. So under the circumstances, you surrender to Krsna; you'll get the correct answer
- You have not seen all this, and therefore you are inexperienced boys without advanced knowledge. How, then, will you create progeny?
- You needlessly created a mentality of renunciation in innocent boys, and therefore you are shameless and devoid of compassion. How could you travel with the personal associates of the Supreme Lord?
- You shall never be happy - this is perfect instruction - unless you go back to home, back to Godhead. Just like a mad boy, he has forsaken his father
- Your name is already Krsna das so your new boy may be given the name Krsna das-anudas, the servant of the servant of Krsna