Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Boyhood"
The following 35 pages are in this category, out of 35 total.
- Although His body does not deteriorate like a material body, it still appears that Lord Krsna grows from childhood to boyhood and from boyhood to youth. But astonishingly enough He never ages beyond youth
- As the embodied soul continuously passes, in this body, from boyhood to youth to old age, the soul similarly passes into another body at death
- As the embodied soul continuously passes, in this body, from boyhood to youth to old age, the soul similarly passes into another body at death. A sober person is not bewildered by such a change
- At His birth, in His childhood and in His early and later boyhood, as well as in His youth, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, under different pleas, induced people to chant the holy name of Hari (the Hare Krsna maha-mantra)
- I am seventy-seven years old. So when this body will be finished, I'll get another body. As I have got consecutively from boyhood to childhood, childhood, I have, from childhood to boyhood, boyhood to youthhood, aged body, so why not next body?
- If once one has sincerely become the pure devotee of Krsna, that will never go in vain. So Krsna saw this Ajamila in his childhood and boyhood and youthhood a devotee, so He gave him the chance
- In His (Caitanya) boyhood He would ask His contemporary friends to argue with Him on a subject matter, and He'll defeat him. And again He'll establish it. The very point on which He defeated His friend, He'll again establish it, and again nullify it
- In His original pastimes there are four divisions: balya, pauganda, kaisora and yauvana (childhood, early boyhood, later boyhood and youth)
- In the Krsna-karnamrta Bilvamangala Thakur has explained his restlessness as follows, "My dear Lord, Your naughtiness in boyhood is the most wonderful thing in the three worlds"
- In the tender age of childhood, when everyone is bewildered, one passes ten years. Similarly, in boyhood, engaged in sporting and playing, one passes another ten years. In this way, twenty years are wasted
- Krsna had no chance to practice the mystic yoga process, yet He manifested Himself as the Supreme Personality of Godhead at every step, from infancy to childhood, from childhood to boyhood, and from boyhood to young manhood
- Krsna is beautiful at His different ages - namely, His childhood, His boyhood and His youth. Out of these three, His youth is the reservoir of all pleasures and is the time when the highest varieties of devotional service are acceptable
- Some commentator says that when he (Ajamila ) chanted "Narayana," then all his reaction of sinful life immediately disappeared and he remembered real Narayana. Because he, in his boyhood, was trained up as a Vaisnava by his father
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked, "Of the three ages of Krsna known as childhood, boyhood and fresh youth, which do you consider best?" Raghupati Upadhyaya replied, "Fresh youth is the best age"
- The distresses of childhood are already explained, but when the child attains boyhood he is enrolled in a school which he does not like. He wants to play, but he is forced to go to school and study and take responsibility for passing examinations
- The Fourteenth Chapter gives some description of the Lord's childhood pastimes. The Fifteenth briefly describes the Lord's boyhood pastimes
- This material body is developed because spirit is present within matter; a child grows gradually to boyhood and then to manhood because that superior energy, spirit soul, is present
- Thus I have explained specifically empowered incarnations. Now please hear about the characteristics of Lord Krsna's childhood, boyhood and youth
- When one is a youth, all the ten senses and the mind are completely visible. However, in the mother's womb or in the boyhood state, the sense organs and the mind remain covered, just as the full moon is covered by the darkness of the dark-moon night
- Without Krsna consciousness, one wastes twenty years in childhood and boyhood and another twenty years in old age, when one cannot perform any material activities and is full of anxiety about what is to be done by his sons and grandsons