Pages in category "You Should"
The following 231 pages are in this category, out of 231 total.
- A patient is ordered by the physician: "You should not eat anything." So he knows, "It is good for me." Similarly, a devotee, when he's starving, he knows that "Krsna has put me in this starving condition. It is good for me." He never complains
- Accepting the inconceivable plan of the Lord, you (Yudhisthira) must follow it. You are now the appointed administrative head, and, my lord, you should now take care of those subjects who are now rendered helpless
- According to your abilities and the occupations in which you are situated, you should engage your service at the lotus feet of the Supreme Personality of Godhead with full confidence and without reservation
- Advaita Acarya responded, "In front of you is Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the personification of religious principles. You should ask Him, for He will give you the proper answer"
- After planting the tulasi tree before your house, you should daily circumambulate that tulasi plant, serve her by giving her water and other things, and continuously chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra
- After that, Nityananda Prabhu continued, "I shall go to Advaita Acarya's house, and you should go to Navadvipa and return with mother Saci and all the other devotees"
- Again He addressed Svarupa Damodara and Raya Ramananda, speaking despondently, "Alas! My friends, you can now know the certainty within My heart, and after knowing My heart you should judge whether I am correct or not. You can speak of this properly"
- Akrura continued, "Even if you (Dhrtarastra) treat them (the Pandavas) not as the owners of the throne but as your subjects, you should impartially think of their welfare as though they were your own sons"
- All of you should be happy. Is there any fear from the demons?’ "They replied, 'By Your mercy, we are victorious everywhere'"
- Anyone who is declaring himself God, immediately you should know he is the greatest sinful man. And if you study his private life, you will see that he is number one sinful man
- Anything artificial we may be habituated, but you can give it up. Therefore here it is said, kamasya nendriya pritih. You should not introduce sense gratification for maintaining your body
- Arjuna learned Bhagavad-gita directly from Krsna. Therefore Arjuna is a mahajana. So you should learn from Arjuna
- Arjuna, you should always think of Me (Krsna), and at the same time you should continue your prescribed duty & fight. With your mind & activities always fixed on Me & everything engaged in Me, you will attain to Me without any doubt. BG 1972 Introduction
- Arjuna, you should always think of Me in the form of Krsna and at the same time carry out your prescribed duty of fighting. With your activities dedicated to Me and your mind and intelligence fixed on Me, you will attain Me without doubt
- As confirmed in Bhagavad-gita - BG 2.27: For one who has taken his birth, death is certain; and for one who is dead, birth is certain. Therefore, in the unavoidable discharge of your duty, you should not lament
- As I am scheduled to stay in Mayapur up to the end of March, I am giving a copy of your letter to my zonal secretary. So you should hear from him shortly
- As I have advised you, My dear sons, you should act accordingly. Be very careful. By these means you will be freed from the ignorance of the desire for fruitive activity, and the knot of bondage in the heart will be completely severed
- As Lord Krsna states in Bhagavad-gita (13.3): O scion of Bharata, you should understand that I am also the knower in all bodies, and to understand this body and its owner is called knowledge. That is My opinion
- As soon as somebody says that "I am God," you shall immediately take him as dog, not God
- As you feel sweetness of this Krsna-katha, you should know that you are becoming liberated from this material entanglement
- As your (Kamsa's) younger sister, this poor girl Devaki is like your own daughter and deserves to be affectionately maintained. You are merciful, and therefore you should not kill her. Indeed, she deserves your affection - SB 10.1.45
- Because you have submitted, it is not that you have to understand something dogmatic. No. Submission must be there, but at the same time, you should have clear understanding
- Before your death, as soon as possible, you should atone. You should counteract. Otherwise you will suffer very much
- Brhaspati said to Mamata, "You foolish woman, although this child was born from the wife of one man through the semen discharged by another, you should maintain him"
- But the sacrifice performed for some material benefit, or for the sake of pride, O chief of the Bharatas, you should know to be in the mode of passion
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu told Sanatana Gosvami, “Since you are a Vaisnava, your body is spiritual, not material. Therefore you should not consider this body to be subjected to superior or inferior qualities
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu, when He was asked what is the general behavior of a Vaisnava, He said that the first thing is that you should give up bad company
- Caitanya said, You (Prakasananda Sarasvati) are like the Supreme Brahman, & if I allow you to fall down at My feet, I will commit a great offense. Although you have no vision of duality, for the sake of teaching the general people you should not do this
- Dharma is such a thing that you cannot disobey. You must obey because it is the codes given by God. If you are so much respectful to the laws of the state, how much respectful you should be to obey the laws given by God
- Do not talk like people in general or hear what they say. You should not eat very palatable food, nor should you dress very nicely
- Establish devotional service to Lord Krsna and Radharani in Vrndavana. You should also compile bhakti scriptures and preach the bhakti cult from Vrndavana
- Even if you are unsuccessful, you must know it firmly that without Krsna's desire, nothing can happen. If you are unsuccessful, then you should.... That is Krsna conscious....
- Even if you have got so many material desires. Still, you should worship Krsna because one day you will come to Krsna consciousness. By directly being attracted by Krsna, just like Dhruva Maharaja
- Even kings like Janaka and others attained the perfectional stage by performance of prescribed duties. Therefore, just for the sake of educating the people in general, you should perform your work. BG 3.20 - 1972
- Even there is a lizard, there is a rat, even there is a snake, you should see how he is also comfortably situated. That is spiritual communism
- Even though Krsna is the cause of everything, you should accept what Krsna wants. Not that because He is the cause of everything, everything should be accepted
- First of all you have to select who can be your spiritual master. That requires some knowledge. Or you have to behave with a person to understand, "Whether he is fit to become my spiritual master?" Then you should offer yourself to be a student
- First of all you should find out somebody where you can surrender. If there is duplicity in surrender, that is useless. First of all see whether you can surrender there; then accept him spiritual master and then please him by your service and inquiry
- For a respectable man like you (Arjuna), ill fame is worse than death. So, you should not flee for fear of your life; better to die in the battle
- For curing some disease the doctor says that injection or surgical operation. That is painful, but to cure the disease we should accept that thing. Similarly, if you want to become free from this material body, then you should accept, accept this pain
- For further advancement, you (Rsabhadeva's sons) should also give up the means. That is, you should not become attached to the process of liberation itself
- For one who has taken his birth, death is certain; and for one who is dead, birth is certain. Therefore, in the unavoidable discharge of your duty, you should not lament
- Garga Muni said to Nanda Maharaja, you should raise and protect this child with great care. If you can protect this child very cautiously, as Narayana always protects you, the child will be as good as Narayana
- Give up the connection with woman is recommended. So in our Society it will be a good test. We are mixed up with men and women. If you, in spite of this allurement, if you do not become attracted by woman, then you should know you are paramahamsa
- God has only one son - Why? God one son? I asked the priest, that "God is limited or unlimited?" "Oh, unlimited." "Then why should you limit it by one son?" He could not answer
- God or His devotee, Krsna and Krsna devotee, you should always take that they're always good. God is good. And the devotee is good
- God's property, why you should fight among themselves? Property belongs to somebody else. Insanity. Just like this is government park. Anyone can come in. Everyone can equally enjoy
- His orders read, "In every village you should construct new residences, and in five or seven new houses you should store all kinds of food"
- How the cows and asses can understand Krsna? They cannot understand. If you want to understand Krsna, then you should hear from Krsna and take it as it is. Then you'll understand. If you are fortunate enough, then you'll understand
- I have also heard that this great personality has shown you great favor. At any rate, this is what I hear from many different people. Now, being merciful upon me, you should do me the favor of arranging an interview
- If I want a glass of water. And if you manufacture that "Swamiji will be more pleased if I give him a glass of milk, hot milk," that will not please me. If you want to please me, then you should ask me, "How can I please you?"
- If Krsna does not supply you this light, sunlight, you will die. But He does not charge anything. But because you are human being, you should try to repay
- If there is time and if your population has got sufficient food grains, then you can try to grow other fruits and vegetables for exporting. The first necessity is that you should be self-sufficient. That is God's arrangement
- If you are my confidential friend, then I can take to my family. And if you are outsider, why should you expect to come into my family life? This is common sense. You do not understand Krsna, and you want to understand Krsna's dealings with Radharani
- If you are serious about Krsna consciousness, if you are serious about increasing attachment for Krsna, then you should come and live with the devotees
- If you are unsuccessful, you must know it firmly that without Krsna's desire, nothing can happen. If you are unsuccessful, then you should.... That is Krsna conscious.... You should know also that "It is Krsna's desire." It is Krsna's desire
- If you are, you are fit for becoming a carpenter, why should you imitate a brahmana? Better be expert carpenter and serve Krsna with the result of carpentry work. Then there is perfection
- If you do not know what is liberation, then how fast or slow liberation? There is no question of liberation. It is neither fast nor slow. You should first know what is liberation
- If you have got money, that you should be properly utilized, not for sense gratification - wine, women, and hotel, and cinema. No. Then by your artha you are going to hell. Artha, everything
- If you love somebody, you should give him some eatable, and whatever eatable thing he offers, you accept. These six kinds of exchange develop love
- If you really want peace, then this is the formula. You should always know that Krsna is the enjoyer of everything, He is the proprietor of everything, and He is the only sincere friend. Suhrdam sarva-bhutanam jnatva
- If you want really peace by worshiping God, by rendering service to God, then you should learn how to love Krsna without any motive. That kind of love will never be checked. You will never be hampered in executing devotional service
- If you want to be a right gentleman, means according to your position... If you are a brahmana, you should act as a brahmana; if you are a ksatriya, you should act as a ksatriya; if you are a vaisya, you act as a vaisya
- If you want to learn factually things, then you should approach acarya. Acaryavan puruso veda, "One who has accepted acarya, he knows things as they are." Acaryavan puruso veda
- If you want to please me, then you should ask me, "How can I Please you?" And if you do what I order, that will please me
- If you want to save him, you should all pray together at the lotus feet of Jagannatha
- In BG Krsna says (BG 18.66): "Just give up all other forms of religion & simply surrender unto Me." Now we are saying that you should give up everything & surrender to Krsna. Therefore, there is no difference between Krsna's instruction & our instruction
- In Bhagavad-gita (BG 13.3) the Lord says, ksetra-jnam capi mam viddhi sarva-ksetresu bharata: O scion of Bharata, you should understand that I am also the knower in all bodies
- In Bhagavad-gita (BG 13.3), the Lord says, ksetra-jnam capi mam viddhi sarva-ksetresu bharata - O scion of Bharata, you should understand that I am also the knower in all bodies
- In Bhagavad-gita Arjuna has realized, "O Krsna, You are the Supreme Brahman," So you should make Arjuna your guru and Krsna your guru. Arjuna is the representative of Krsna, the friend of Krsna
- In essence, he (son of the elderly brahmana) was saying (to his father) - Have no anxiety. You do not have to lie directly, but you should speak like a diplomat, like King Yudhisthira when he spoke to Dronacarya - asvatthama hata iti gajah
- In the beginning you must work very hard; you come to the stage of pure devotional platform. Then you can fully engage yourself meditation or chanting. Not in the beginning. In the beginning you should be very expert and active. That is wanted
- In the Srimad-Bhagavatam also it is said: You should undergo penances in this life by which your existence will be purified, and, as a result, you will be able to enjoy unlimited transcendental bliss. (SB 5.5.1). BG 1972 purports
- Indeed, the touch of Krsna's nails has injured our faces. He has caused us so much pain! Therefore, you should give up topics concerning Him and talk about something else. After hearing all these from Srimati Radhika, the bumblebee left and then returned
- Instead of wasting your time trying to change your economic condition or material destiny apart from Krsna consciousness, you should employ your priceless human energy for attaining Krsna consciousness, which cannot be checked
- It appears that Nanda Maharaja regularly took his food with his two sons, Krsna and Balarama. Yasoda told the other boys - Now you should go to your homes
- It is said that the soul is invisible, inconceivable and immutable. Knowing this, you (Arjuna) should not grieve for the body
- It is very clear to understand the science of God. Why you should neglect and by, mislead ourself by understanding some misleading interpretation? That is my mission. I want to establish throughout the world that krsnas tu bhagavan svayam
- Jnana-khala means envious. You have got some knowledge, but you are envious. You don't want to distribute to anyone. Monopoly. But real jnani means if you have got some knowledge, you should daily distribute it
- Just like in, in ordinary dealings, in our family affairs. The husband gives order, wife: "You should manage like this. You should do like this." Similarly prakrti, we are all prakrtis, we are abide by the orders of the Supreme
- Just like your American country, it has a date of its beginning. Now it is staying. Now it will be, some day will come, there will be no more America. You should know it. That means, that is nature's law
- Kesava Chatri said, "Out of jealousy your Muslim servant plots against Him. I think that you should not be very interested in Him, for there is no profit in it. Rather, there is simply loss"
- Kings such as Janaka attained perfection solely by performance of prescribed duties. Therefore, just for the sake of educating the people in general, you should perform your work
- Krsna continues, "You should not hesitate to act according to My order. Believing in Me, just do what is needed"
- Krsna did not recommend that you should do something under superstition. No. You must do it for practical result
- Krsna is not beggar. Krsna can create millions of fruits and flowers. He's atmarama, He's fully satisfied in Himself. He's so opulent. But He wants that you should also love Krsna and give Him something. That He wants. Therefore He comes
- Krsna replied, "You (Kings) all belong to ksatriya families. Therefore, you should live honestly, according to the prescribed duties befitting the royal order, and make your citizens happy in all respects. Keep to the standard of ksatriya life"
- Krsna said, "You (Indra) should always remember that all your material opulences are due to My mercy. No living entity can independently become opulent; one must be favored by My mercy. Everyone should always remember that I am the Supreme Lord"
- Krsna said, "You know very well that even I Myself offer My obeisances to the brahmanas with great respect three times daily. You should therefore follow My instruction & example. I shall not forgive anyone who does not follow them & I shall punish him"
- Krsna said: "Since I disappeared for your (the gopis') benefit, you should not be displeased with Me"
- Krsna says, "This is knowledge." If you are scientifically advanced how to stop death, how to stop birth, how to stop old age, how to stop disease, then you should know that you have advanced in science
- Ksetra-jnam capi mam viddhi sarva-ksetresu bharata: O scion of Bharata, you should understand that I am also the knower in all bodies
- Law means the word given by the state. You cannot make law at home. That is not possible. Whatever the government gives you, that "You should act like this," that is law
- Lord Caitanya said, "You (Sanatana Gosvami) should describe how in the morning one should regularly brush his teeth, take his bath, offer prayers to the Lord and offer obeisances to the spiritual master"
- Lord Caitanya said, Oh, you (Prakasananda Sarasvati) are the spiritual master of the whole world, jagad-guru, and I am not even equal to your disciples. You should therefore not worship an inferior like Me
- Lord Krsna continued, "O best of all the brahmanas, you should always remain satisfied, for if a brahmana is always self-satisfied he will not deviate from his prescribed duties"
- Madhavendra Puri said, "These two assistants will regularly grind the sandalwood, and you should also get two other people to help. I shall pay their salaries"
- Majority or minority, it doesn't matter. But why you should take Bhagavad-gita to establish your rascal theories? That means you are cheating
- Mukunda Datta told Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "My Lord, You should go ahead and allow all the others to follow. We shall not go with You"
- My dear Bhattacarya, you have certainly explained this verse by the prowess of your vast learning, but you should know that, besides this scholarly explanation, there is another purport to this verse
- My dear boys, you are all born of My heart, which is the seat of all spiritual qualities. Therefore you should not be like materialistic and envious men
- My dear princes (the Pracetas), in the form of a prayer I (Siva) have delineated the yoga system of chanting the holy name. All of you should take this important stotra within your minds and promise to keep it in order to become great sages
- My dear sir, for you everyone is on the level of impersonal Brahman, but for the enlightenment of people in general you should not behave in that way
- My mission is develop the glories of Srila Jiva Goswami all over the world and I think you should cooperate with my honest endeavour
- My request is that you should help us to spread this Krsna conscious brahminical culture over the world
- Narada Muni continued, 'Leave your home and go to the river. There you should construct a small cottage, and in front of the cottage you should grow a tulasi plant on a raised platform'
- Narada Muni instructed: My dear boy (Dhruva), in the waters of the Yamuna River, which is known as Kalindi, you should take three baths daily because the water is very auspicious, sacred and clear
- Narada Muni tells his disciple, Vyasadeva, "My dear Vyasa, you should know that persons who are engaged in executing austerities and penances, studying the Vedas, performing big sacrifices, chanting the hymns of the Vedas"
- Now the spiritual master is explaining, "Yes, this is the right result of chanting Hare Krsna. Unless You come to this emotional stage, transcendental emotional stage, You should know that You have not come to the perfectional stage of chanting"
- Now you should take advantage of this hankering and the movement (of) Krsna consciousness. That is for your profit. You want something spiritual, and here is the spiritual movement, Krsna consciousness
- O best of the brahmanas, you should therefore go immediately to King Ambarisa, the son of Maharaja Nabhaga. I wish you all good fortune. If you can satisfy Maharaja Ambarisa, then there will be peace for you
- O brahmana, let Me now advise you for your own protection. Please hear from Me. By offending Maharaja Ambarisa, you have acted with self-envy. Therefore you should go to him immediately, without a moment's delay
- O My sons, you should accept a highly elevated paramahamsa, a spiritually advanced spiritual master. In this way, you should place your faith and love in Me, the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- O Sanatana, you should broadcast the revealed scriptures on devotional service and excavate the lost places of pilgrimage in the district of Mathura
- O scion of Bharata, you should understand that I am also the knower in all bodies, and to understand this body and its knower is called knowledge. That is My opinion - This is confirmed by Lord Krsna in the Bhagavad-gita - BG 13.3
- O sons of Daksa (the Savalasvas), please hear my (Narada Muni's) words of instruction attentively. You are all very affectionate to your elder brothers, the Haryasvas. Therefore you should follow their path
- O thoughtful devotees, as long as you are not absorbed in transcendental bliss, you should continue tasting this Srimad-Bhagavatam, and when you are fully absorbed in bliss, you should go on tasting its mellows forever
- On that Ratha-yatra festival day, after dancing before the Lord, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu will enter the Gundica garden. At that time you should go there alone, without your royal dress
- Once you take to Hare Krsna mantra, you should make rapid progress, without committing any sinful activity, and retard the progress. Don't do that
- One has to go to guru and understand the meaning by parampara. You cannot make your own meaning. The meaning is already there. But if you cannot understand, then you should approach guru and understand the meaning by parampara
- One who has taken his birth is sure to die, and after death one is sure to take birth again. Therefore, in the unavoidable discharge of your (Arjuna) duty, you should not lament
- Our appeal to the Indian people, that "You should take seriously about this movement and try to cooperate with us." That will be glorification for Indian culture
- Our philosophy is "Don't try to get money." Tasyaiva hetoh prayeteta. "You should simply engage your life for advancing your Krsna consciousness." So who will hear us? We say, "There is no need of working so hard for money"
- People understood Krsna wrongly... Sometimes big scholars say "Sophistry," that "Krsna wants full surrender." Others, they say, "Why you should fully surrender to Krsna? We have got our own gods." Therefore Krsna again came
- Philosophy is there, direct, you should do like this, that's all. You do it and get the results. You go to purchase something, the price is fixed, you pay the price and take it. Where is argument?
- Prahlada Maharaja says, na tat-prayasah kartavyam: you should not waste your energy for material happiness, because you cannot get more than what you are destined to have. That is not possible
- Real honesty is that you should not encroach upon another's property. This is honesty. For instance, this is my table. If you want to take it away while going, is that honesty
- Regarding the discounts from BBT, that may be stopped. You should receive books at the regular temple price
- Regarding the land, if it cannot be transferred then you should give the use of the land to ISKCON with a formal lease for 99 years with an option to renew
- Regardless of what you (the Yamadutas) have done this time, henceforward you should not approach such devotees; otherwise you will be killed by the club of Lord Visnu. This is my (Yamaraja's) warning
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, you should engage in the worship of Lord Jagannatha Purusottama, and Vacaspati should worship mother Ganges
- Seeing the movements of time, those who are cognizant of the real truth neither rejoice nor lament for different circumstances. Therefore, because you (Indra) are jubilant due to your victory, you should be considered not very learned
- Siddhanta, conclusive, conclusive understanding. You should try to understand Krsna. Simply by understanding Krsna, our life becomes perfect
- Similarly, to know dharma, you must know adharma also, the opposite side. If you know white, you should know what is black
- So Bhagavata can be expanded to any unlimited. So anything in relationship with God, that is Bhagavatam. So if Joan of Arc, she was in relationship with God, she is also Bhagavatam. You should expand Bhagavatam in that way
- So there is future life. You should take it. You should try to understand it. It is not very difficult, but by the modern education we have become so dull-headed, we cannot understand the simple truth that we have to change this body
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "Within your heart you should keep yourself very faithful, but externally you may behave like an ordinary man. Thus Krsna will soon be very pleased and deliver you from the clutches of maya"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "My dear Govinda, you should stay with Me always. There is danger anywhere and everywhere; therefore you should protect Me very carefully"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "My dear Ramananda, you should make this request after duly considering whether it is befitting for a sannyasi to meet a king"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "Why are you glorifying Me personally? You should understand the transcendental position of Srimad-Bhagavatam. Why don't you consider this important point"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then finally advised, "One who is chanting the Hare Krsna mantra is understood to be a Vaisnava; therefore you should offer all respects to him"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu told Advaita Acarya and Nityananda Prabhu, "You should both show Your mercy wholeheartedly to Rupa Gosvami"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu told Sanatana Gosvami, "All My devotees who go to Vrndavana are generally very poor. They each have nothing with them but a torn quilt and a small waterpot. Therefore, Sanatana, you should give them shelter and maintain them"
- Sukadeva Gosvami says: "You (Pariksit) should know that you are responsible, and, according to the gravity of your sins, you should accept some type of atonement as described in the sastras or scriptures." - SB 6.1.8
- Suppose I have written a book. If you cannot understand something in it, then you should come directly to me for an explanation. That is sensible. Why go to a rascal who has nothing to do with my book
- Suppose you are earning $1,000 in a month. So according to Vedic instruction, you should give in charity fifty percent of your income. Five hundred dollars you should give in charity. And twenty-five percent you should spend for your family
- Svayambhuva Manu indirectly convinced Kardama Muni: "You desire a suitable wife like my daughter (Devahuti), and she is now present before you. You should not reject the fulfillment of your prayer; you should accept my daughter"
- That is the practice. You should simply come to the thinking of Krsna. That is perfection. And if you become embarrassed with so many things, then there is risk of becoming a cat, dog, deer, or demigod, anything
- That knowledge by which one undivided spiritual nature is seen in all living entities, though they are divided into innumerable forms, you should understand to be in the mode of goodness
- That spiritual purpose you should engage your energy. That advantage is open to you now, in the human form. Ahaituky apratihata: pure devotional service to the Lord, Krsna consciousness, is open to you now, and it cannot be checked
- The Bhattacarya said, "Hearing Vedanta philosophy is a sannyasi's main business. Therefore without hesitation You should study Vedanta philosophy, hearing it without cessation from a superior person"
- The boys continued: "Lord Visnu as Krsna and Balarama is standing waiting, and you should immediately deliver whatever food you have in your stock"
- The facilities to enjoy sense gratification are offered by nature, whether one be a hog, a camel, or a human being. So why should you labor for facilities that you are destined to receive anyway, by nature's law
- The frogs in the well, they cannot understand. You should be not a frog in the well; you should be liberal to hear from the authorities, Vedas. Then you will understand
- The great sage Rsabhadeva instructed his sons in this way: In this life you have acquired these beautiful bodies. Now you should know that they are not meant for sense gratification like the bodies of hogs and dogs but for spiritual realization
- The injunction is, when you receive somebody, even if you are very poor man, you should offer the guests a comfortable seat and a glass of water. That is not expensive. You can offer anyone a seat: "Please come and sit down here and take a glass of water"
- The King says there to all the sages present before him at the time of his death, "My dear brahmanas, you should always accept me as your surrendered servant"
- The Lord (Caitanya) replied, "You should engage yourself in the service of the servants of Krsna and always chant the holy name of Krsna. If you do these two things, you will very soon attain shelter at Krsna's lotus feet"
- The Lord (Krsna) says in Bhagavad-gita (BG 13.3), ksetra-jnam capi mam viddhi sarva-ksetresu bharata: "O scion of Bharata, you should understand that I am also the knower in all bodies"
- The Lord specifically advised Nityananda Prabhu, "You should not come here again and again. You will have My association in Bengal"
- The Lord then replied to the Buddhist disciples, "You should all chant the names of Krsna and Hari very loudly near the ear of your spiritual master"
- The Lord told Govinda, Since you have been living with Me for a long time, you should not be foolishly disappointed in this situation. Bring all the food to Me, and you will see that I can eat it
- The perfection is that whatever is offered to Krsna you should accept. That is perfection. You cannot say. "I like this, I don't like this." So long as you make such discrimination, that means you have not appreciated what prasada is
- The Personality of Godhead Sri Krsna said: A friend of a brahmana is not to be killed, but if he is an aggressor he must be killed. All these rulings are in the scriptures, and you should act accordingly
- The sastra gives us direction that you should be accepting these things and you should be not accepting these things, sastra. Just like in our society, we have picked up the most essential nivrtti and pravrtti
- The simple definition of honesty is that you should not encroach upon another's rights. That is honesty
- The void philosophy, nirvana, that indicates that you should completely finish these material desires. That is Lord Buddha's philosophy, nirvana
- Their (The atheists) theory is: "As long as you live, you should live prosperously. Never mind whether you commit all kinds of so-called sins. You must eat sumptuously
- There are different planets where Yamaraja is there, how a dead man or the soul is taken there, the path - everything is in detail there. If you say it is mythology... Why you should say mythology? You have not seen the whole universe
- There is no use tracing out the history when you become infected. You should not be infected. That should be your business. And as you are now infected, you try to avoid the causes of infection and take the medicine; you become cured
- Therefore (they say that man has to dominate over the animals) you should kill and eat them. Very good reasoning. "The father should dominate over children; therefore the children should be killed and eaten up." So rascals
- Therefore you should not see your father, although he is the giver of your body, because he and his followers are envious of me. Because of his envy, O most worshipful one, he has insulted me with cruel words although I am innocent
- They do not believe in the next life, and therefore asurah janah. This is the symptom or characteristic of the asurah janah. You should be precautious. That is natural. We become precautious
- This arca-murti, sri-vigraha, aradhanam, you should worship. This is the acarya-pantha. This is the parampara. So this worship is going on under this parampara system. It is not manufactured. What the acarya says, if you follow, then you become perfect
- This dogmatism, fanaticism - "Oh, why I shall chant Hare Krsna? I am Christian. I am Jews" - this is fanaticism. If you find actually ecstasy by chanting Hare Krsna, why should you not?
- This is the duty of every Indian, that you should learn Bhagavad-gita perfectly well and preach it
- Those who are too much foolish, the spiritual master orders him, "Don't talk. Please remain silent." That's all. Because if you talk, you'll talk simply nonsense. Why should you spoil your energy by such nonsense talking? Better stop
- We can have any form of life out of 8,400,000 species that are before you. You should always remember that "If by chance I slip to one of them, then how I have wasted my time." This is responsible life
- We do not say that you remain very weak and lean and thin. No. You should maintain this body properly, but not that that is my only business, how to maintain this body. That is pramatta, madness
- We don't find anything in the Bhagavad-gita that "You should concentrate, meditate in darkness." We take it as bogus. No religious system, even in Christianity, there is no such thing as darkness
- We don't say that you should not be lusty. If you have got capacity to earn money, earn money, as much as you can, but utilize it for Krsna. If I am very angry, yes, you remain angry, but utilize it for Krsna
- We say, "Krsna is the authority, and you should surrender to His instruction and try to understand Him." This is the Krsna consciousness movement
- We should not optimistically think, "Everyone is dying, but I shall live." Why will you live if everyone is dying? Your grandfather has died, your great-grandfather has died, other relatives of yours have died - why should you live? You will also die
- We should not think, "Because Krsna is supplying my food, I shall now sleep." No, you have to work, but without fear. You should engage yourself wholeheartedly in Krsna consciousness, confident of Krsna's maintenance and protection
- We want that you learn from Bhaktivinoda Thakura, you learn from Vyasadeva, you learn from Narada. But why you are learning from Freud, from Darwin and such rascals? Education means you should learn from a person who is authorized
- Weakness is hypocrisy. If you are weak, you cannot become priest. Because you are teacher, religious teacher. You should not take that post. That is hypocrisy
- When I speak of Krsna you should understand that He is God. Another name for Krsna is Syamasundara, which means that He is blackish like a cloud but very beautiful
- When there is flat grass cushion, why should you ask for bedding? When you have got natural pillow, this hand, why you ask for a pillow? Then when there is river, so much water, why do you stock water?
- When we get attachment simply for hearing Krsna, then you should understand that you have become liberated. These are the test. Everyone can get this position. Because there is process. If you follow the process, then you come to the real stage
- When you are diseased it is not required that you should be killed. No. Your disease should be, I mean, cured, then you can work in healthy life
- When you come to the form of human being, you should have discrimination. If you have no discrimination, simply you live like animal, then where is the difference?
- When you reach Mathura, you should remain with Sanatana Gosvami and offer respectful obeisances to the feet of all the leading men there
- Who can protect you from all these distressing conditions? - "So," you should conclude, "if these distressing conditions come upon me by force, the other kind of condition, the opposite number, will also come
- Why it is necessary that you should know the laws of the state?
- Why you should neglect the animal community
- Why you should think of others who have come from America as American? That is less intelligent. Krsna-bhakta... Vaisnave jati-buddhih. If one thinks of Vaisnava as belonging to this class, this nation, he has no vision. Naraki
- Yamaraja warned his servants, My dear servants, despite what you may have done previously to disturb the devotees, henceforward you should stop
- You (Americans) have placed in your Constitution, there is, you trust in God. Now you should understand what is God and how to trust. That we are teaching. This should be taken very seriously. Because you cannot change your Constitution
- You (Devahuti) have undertaken sacred vows. God will bless you. Hence you should worship the Lord with great faith, through sensory control, religious observances, austerities and gifts of your money in charity
- You (Diti) should not go out in the evening or with your hair loose, nor should you go out unless you are properly decorated with ornaments. You should not leave the house unless you are very grave and are sufficiently covered
- You (Diti) should not lie down without having washed both of your feet or without being purified, nor with wet feet or with your head pointed west or north. You should not lie naked, or with other women, or during the sunrise or sunset
- You (the Visnudutas) have dissipated the darkness of this material world with your own effulgences. Why then should you endeavor to stop us (the Yamadutas) from executing our duty
- You are human being. You should have taken a woman as married wife and live peacefully. Why illicit sex? So still, if he cannot follow the four rules and regulations, if he agrees to chant only, then all other good qualities will come
- You cannot make Hare Krsna mantra as agent of nullifying your sinful activities. Similarly, you cannot make God or His agent or His representative as a machine for counteracting your sinful activities. You should stop sinful activities
- You do not fear the Vedic injunctions stating that You should not associate with a sudra. You were not contemptuous of my touch, although in the Vedas You are forbidden to associate with sudras
- You haven't got to make such renunciation that you have to live underneath a tree or give up your dress, become naked. No. That is not... You have misunderstood. You should dress himself properly, you should eat properly
- You may go as far as Varanasi without encountering disturbances, but beyond Varanasi you should be very careful to travel on the path in the company of the ksatriyas
- You should all therefore remain here in Nilacala for some days while I tour the sacred places of pilgrimage alone
- You should be ideal
- You should be very careful to always set the highest example of householder life in Krsna consciousness and that will automatically benefit all persons with whom you come in contact
- You should detest sense gratification & tolerate the duality of pleasure & pain, which are like the seasonal changes of summer & winter. Try to realize the miserable condition of living entities, who are miserable even in the higher planetary systems
- You should know Krsna to be the original soul of all atmas (living entities). For the benefit of the whole universe, He has, out of His causeless mercy, appeared as an ordinary human being. He has done this by the strength of His own internal potency
- You should know that we are not doing any business for material benefit. Gargamuni spends his profit for Krishna Consciousness
- You should know very well that even amongst the demigods there are many unwanted desires
- You should know what is our goal of life and decide in that way. That is human civilization
- You should know, guru means who carries the order of the Supreme Lord. That is guru. Any rascal who manufactures some idea is not guru
- You should maintain this body properly, but not that that is my only business, how to maintain this body
- You should not act irreligiously in this way. I desire to have a son. Please, therefore, return my husband, who has not yet impregnated me
- You should not inquire that "How I become God?" We learn from scripture, God has created this material universe. Oh, what I have created? And still I am puffed-up - "I am God"? So this cheating business is going on. So these are absurd
- You should not question any person by challenging spirit. You should simply question, being inquisitive to know. That is bona fide. Otherwise, if you question just to examine his strength, that will create only fighting spirit. That is not good
- You should personally take the Lord to these newly constructed houses. Day and night you should engage in His service with a stick in your hands
- You should question, also put your question, to a person who can actually answer. That means you must question only to the spiritual master. Otherwise, you may be misled. He may give you some wrong information
- You should simply teach about Krsna. That will include everything. His aim should be to know Krsna
- You should take advice from a man who can give you right direction, so at the end you may not be ashamed; you may be glorious
- You should try to understand this Krsna consciousness movement. It is very scientific, authorized. It is not a mental concoction or sentimental movement. It is most scientific movement. So we are inviting all leaders from all countries: try to understand
- You should try to understand whether Krsna is God or not. But He is God. There is no doubt about it. If you have the intelligence to understand what God is, then try to understand
- You should understand and see from the activities of Krsna whether He is or is not Bhagavan. It requires a good brain to understand