Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
throw | thrower | throwing | thrown | throws
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Throw"
The following 134 pages are in this category, out of 134 total.
- A person who appropriates another's legitimate wife, children or money is arrested at the time of death by the fierce Yamadutas, who bind him with the rope of time and forcibly throw him into the hellish planet known as Tamisra
- A relative should not be killed even if his wrongdoing warrants capital punishment. Rather, he should be thrown out of the family. Since he has already been killed by his own sin, why kill him again?
- After death, such persons (who have no good behavior, cleanliness or regulated life) are thrown into the hell called Puyoda, where they are put into an ocean filled with pus, stool, urine, mucus, saliva and similar things
- After saying this, Jagadananda Pandita took the jug of oil from the room and threw it down before Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu in the courtyard and broke it
- After saying this, Nityananda Prabhu took a handful of rice and threw it on the floor in front of Him, as if He were angry
- After she finished eating, she filled the banana leaves and bark with the seeds, picked up the refuse and then threw it into the ditch where all the refuse was thrown
- After the demon had been thrown into the trees, all the friends and associates of Dhenukasura immediately assembled and attacked Balarama and Krsna with great force. They were determined to retaliate and avenge the death of their friend
- All of the gopis were standing behind Krsna, and upon seeing the chariot leaving, they stood there stunned and did not move. They remained like that until the flag of the chariot and the dust thrown up by its wheels became invisible
- All these universes are collectively produced by the Karanodakasayi Visnu, called also the Maha-visnu, who simply throws His glance to impregnate the material sky
- Although Vrtrasura repeatedly encouraged Indra to kill him with the thunderbolt, King Indra was morose at having to kill such a great devotee and was hesitant to throw it
- An elephant may bathe very thoroughly, but as soon as it comes out of the river, it immediately takes some sand from the land and throws it all over its body
- Another duel took place between Srivasa Thakura and Gadadhara Pandita, and yet another between Raghava Pandita and Vakresvara Pandita. Thus they all engaged in throwing water
- Balarama threw the demon (Dhenukasura) into the biggest palm tree about, and the demon’s body was so heavy that the palm tree fell upon other trees, and several fell down. It appeared as if a great hurricane was passing through the forest
- Because of the liquids thrown on their (Queens) bodies thrown by Krsna & Arjuna, the saris covering them became completely wet. Parts of their beautiful bodies, particularly their breasts & their waists, became partially visible because of the wet cloth
- Because they have no Krsna consciousness, they do not know that these food grains belong to Krsna. He has sent. So instead of throwing in the ocean, it should be dispatched to the countries where there is scarcity
- Devahuti was so beautiful that her toenails appeared just like pearls, and as she scratched the ground it appeared as if pearls had been thrown on the ground
- Dhanur-veda, or military science, was taught by Dronacarya with all its confidential secrets of throwing and controlling by Vedic hymns
- During the reign of Lord Ramacandra, the streets of the capital, Ayodhya, were sprinkled with perfumed water and drops of perfumed liquor, thrown about by elephants from their trunks
- First of all he (Demon Mura) attacked the carrier of Krsna, Garuda, by whirling and then throwing his trident, and through his five mouths he vibrated sounds like the roaring of a lion
- Fourteen hundred thousand pieces of this earthly planet can be thrown into the sun planet, it is so big. Unless it is so big, how it is possible the sun planet is distributing heat and light for millions and millions of years?
- Generally thunderbolts are thrown on the tops of hills in order to break them to pieces. As these pieces are spread asunder in due course of time, the surface of the globe gradually becomes fit for agriculture
- Girls are never thrown into the public street to search out their husband, for when girls are grown up and are searching after a boy, they forget to consider whether the boy they select is actually suitable for them
- Gradually, Kaliya was reduced to struggling for his very life. He vomited all kinds of refuse and exhaled fire. While throwing up poisonous material from within, Kaliya became reduced in his sinful situation
- Gross military science is dependent on material weapons, but finer than that is the art of throwing the arrows saturated with Vedic hymns, which act more effectively than gross material weapons like machine guns or atomic bombs
- He (Pariksit) compared atonement to an elephant's bathing. The elephant may take a very nice bath in the river, but as soon as it comes onto the bank, it throws dirt all over its body
- He (Sambarasura) thus raised himself high into the sky and threw various types of nuclear weapons at the body of Pradyumna
- I (Usa) am sorry to inform you (Citralekha) that just after this he disappeared, and I have been thrown into the whirlpool of disappointment. My dear friend, I am very anxious to find this wonderful young man, the desired lord of my heart
- I am trying single-handed, nobody is cooperating in India. They will throw millions of dollars in the gunpowder, but not for this Krsna consciousness movement
- I have heard that in Europe there are many clubs. They go for gambling, and they lose everything, whatever, and they commit suicide. And the club proprietor throws him in the street. There is no law
- If there is no conception of God, if one does not know what is God and what is the order of God, then that type of religion is cheating religion and that kind of religion is completely thrown out from Srimad-Bhagavatam
- If we take shelter of Krsna seriously, there will be no fear of being thrown back into the cycle of so many species of life. A sincere devotee will surely be transferred to the abode of Krsna, as affirmed in the Bhagavad-gita
- Immediately his (Kesi's) teeth fell out. Krsna's arm within the mouth of the horse at once began to expand, and Kesi's throat choked up. As the great horse suffocated, perspiration appeared on his body, and he threw his legs hither and thither
- In gladness, the cowherd men enjoyed the great festival by splashing one another's bodies with a mixture of curd, condensed milk, butter and water. They threw butter on one another and smeared it on one another's bodies
- In India you have got the community, Parsee community. They do not burn, neither they bury. They throw and the vultures immediately comes and eat. Then the body turns into stool
- In the beginning of the SB it is said that unless one has the capacity to throw out, just like garbage, the fruitive results of ritualistic ceremonies, economic development and becoming one with the supreme (or salvation), one cannot understand SB
- In the Mayavada school of philosophy, discussions on pure knowledge can throw some light on the real nature of the Absolute Truth, but they are unable to fully reveal the esoteric and personal aspects of the Supreme Absolute Being
- Indra, the King of the demigods, threw his club at Vrtrasura, but Vrtrasura was such a great hero that he easily caught the club with his left hand and used it to beat Indra's elephant
- Informed by the hints of Lord Krsna, Bhimasena immediately took hold of Jarasandha's legs and threw him to the ground
- It is impossible for anyone to surmount the two-pronged attack of daivi maya - that is, her covering potency and her throwing potency
- It is the habit of the elephant that whenever he sees some small plants and trees, out of his sportive and frivolous nature he uproots the trees and throws them hither and thither
- Jayadratha's father was surprised to see a severed head on his lap, and he at once threw it to the ground. The father immediately died, his forehead being cracked in seven pieces
- Just like there is very, mean, forcible currents in the river, and if some animal is thrown in that, he'll be washed away. So we are being washed away by the currents one after another, of this material nature
- Just like this controller or director of this rain department is Indra. This thundering, it is under his direction this thundering is going on. He throws the thunderbolts and cracks the mountain, and then we get chunks
- Keep bugs from the altar and Deity. You cannot allow them to disturb the Deity. Best is that you try and catch them and throw them out rather than kill them but if killing them is the only alternative, what can be done?
- Krsna advised Arjuna to throw the head of Jayadratha directly onto the lap of his father, who was engaged in penances at the Samanta-pancaka pilgrimage. This was actually done by Arjuna
- Krsna was so dexterous that before Bhaumasura could throw his trident, his head was cut off by the sharp Sudarsana cakra. His head, illuminated by earrings and a helmet, fell down on the battlefield
- Krsna was somewhat angry, and thus He began to whirl the horse (Kesi demon) around. After a few rounds, He contemptuously threw him a hundred yards away, just as Garuda throws a big snake
- Kunkum is a sweetly-flavored reddish powder which is thrown on the bodies of worshipable persons
- Lord Balarama's name suggests not only that He is very powerful but that He takes pleasure in exhibiting extraordinary strength. So He took a stone and threw it at Dvivida. The gorilla, however, artfully avoided being struck by the stone
- Lord Balarama, however, immediately caught hold of the big tree (which was thrown at him by Dvidida) & remained undisturbed, just like a great mountain. To retaliate, He took His club, named Sunanda, and hit the gorilla with it, severely injuring his head
- Lord Brahma throwing off bodies is just like if there is some dirt on my body and I throw it off, a little disgustedly. Just like if our body becomes dirty many insects gather, and we remove these insects with one hand and throw them away
- Lord Krsna knew the mystery of Jarasandha's birth. Jarasandha had been born in two different parts from two different mothers. When his father saw that the baby was useless, he threw the two parts into the forest
- Lord Sri Krsna, who is always very affectionate to His devotees, could at once understand that Asvatthama, the son of Dronacarya, had thrown the brahmastra to finish the last life in the Pandava family
- Maya has two potencies with which to execute her two functions - the praksepatmika-sakti, the power to throw the living entity into the ocean of material existence, and avaranatmika-sakti, the power to cover the knowledge of the living entity
- Mr. Alexander Shellkirk, he is lamenting, he was thrown in isolated island, that society, friendship and love, divinely bestowed upon man. This is of course true. The society, friendship and love as we materially experience have got some fascination
- Narakasura possessed eleven such divisions, and all of them were throwing arrows toward Krsna, but Krsna killed them all, simply by throwing three arrows from His side
- Newspapers are read for less than an hour and then thrown in the dustbins as rubbish. The case is similar with all other mundane literatures
- On hearing this statement from Pradyumna, the woman, Rati, replied, "My dear sir, you are the son of Lord Krsna. Before you were ten days old, you were stolen by the Sambara demon and later thrown into the water and swallowed by a fish"
- One captured the other and threw him down on the ground, and another rushed from the back to the front of another and tried to overcome him with a hold. The fighting increased step by step
- One gopi imitated a hand-driven cart, and another gopi lay down beneath the cart and threw up her legs, touching the wheels of the cart, as Krsna did to kill the demon Sakatasura. One gopi imitated child Krsna and lay down on the ground
- People held in the grip of maya are thrown into oblivion after death, and as a result of their karma, in the next life they become dogs or gods, although most of them become dogs
- Politicians today are simply pick-pockets, tricking the voters to pick their pockets. They make promises to gratify the public's senses, but then they only gratify their own senses and the public throws them out, repeatedly
- Prahlada Maharaja is the symbolic representation of Vaisnava. So try to be not imitator, but follower. Don't try to imitate: "Oh, Prahlada Maharaja was thrown into boiling oil. Let me try, fall into the boiling oil." No. That is imitation
- Samba: One of the great heroes of the Yadu dynasty and the son of Lord Sri Krsna by His wife Jambavati. He learned the military art of throwing arrows from Arjuna, and he became a member of parliament during the time of Maharaja Yudhisthira
- Sastra means that you cannot throw it away. Nobody has thrown Bhagavad-gita at any time, anywhere, because it is perfect. Nobody has thrown Bible - because they are perfect in knowledge
- She exclaimed, "My dear Akrura, you are simply throwing thunderbolts on my head!" These are the signs of lamentation on the part of Mother Yasoda in separation from Krsna
- Since his life was in danger, he (Asvatthama) touched water in sanctity and concentrated upon the chanting of the hymns for throwing nuclear weapons, although he did not know how to withdraw such weapons
- So many straws and vegetables, they gather together. And sometimes the same vegetables and straws are thrown asunder. One is there, one is here. So here also, we assemble here as society, friendship and love exactly like that
- Society, friendship, love and well-wishers are all simply results of being packed in different bodies. One should know this well and try to get out of this bodily encagement into which one is thrown birth after birth
- Sometimes the food (from Govardhana-puja) is thrown to the crowds, and they enjoy collecting it off the ground. From this we can understand that prasadam offered to Krsna never becomes polluted or contaminated, even if it is thrown on the ground
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu Himself and His devotees began to throw water onto the ceiling. When this water fell, it washed the walls and floor
- Such a person does not know where he is being thrown by the laws of nature
- Such a sinful man (a person who in this life bears false witness or lies while transacting business or giving charity) is taken to the top of a mountain eight hundred miles high and thrown headfirst into the hell known as Avicimat
- Such is the service of Raghava Pandita. He did not accept the coconuts but threw them over the wall. His service is purely based on unalloyed love, and it conquers the whole world
- Suppose one does not develop Krsna consciousness in this human form of life. He will be thrown into the cycle of birth and death, involving 8,400,000 species of life, and his spiritual identity will remain lost
- Svarupa Damodara and Vidyanidhi also threw water upon each other, and Murari Gupta and Vasudeva Datta also sported in that way
- The Americans, they are throwing tons of food in the water. Why they do not send to India for feeding the skeleton cows?
- The asura Hiranyaksa had dislocated the earth from its orbit and thrown it beneath the waters of the Garbhodaka Ocean. Then the Lord, in the shape of the original boar, rescued the earth
- The bada-jana has placed swords beneath the platform, they said, "and will throw Gopinatha upon them. O Lord, only if You protect him will he be saved"
- The beautiful flowers placed in their hair would fall, and the queens, being seemingly harassed by the Lord’s throwing water at them, would approach Him on the plea of snatching the syringelike instrument
- The child was completely washed with the urine of a cow, and the dust created by the hooves of the cows was thrown all over His body. This was all just to save little Krsna from future inauspicious accidents
- The demon Bhaumasura immediately released a weapon called Sataghni, by which he could kill hundreds of warriors with one stroke, and all his assistants simultaneously threw their respective weapons at the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The demon took him (baby Pradyumna) and threw him directly into the sea. But, as it is said, "Whoever is protected by Krsna, no one can kill, and whoever is destined to be killed by Krsna, no one can protect"
- The elephants assembled on this occasion also scattered the banana and betel nut trees, but in spite of such intoxicated action, the whole city, with the trees thrown here and there, looked very nice
- The first sporting took place between Advaita Acarya and Nityananda Prabhu, who threw water upon each other. Advaita Acarya was defeated, and He later began to rebuke Nityananda Prabhu, calling Him ill names
- The ghosts and hobgoblins took possession of the body thrown off in the form of yawning by Brahma, the creator of the living entities. This is also known as the sleep which causes drooling
- The great sage Narada then appeared and explained to her about the birth of Pradyumna and how the baby had been taken away by Sambara and later thrown into the sea. In this way the whole story was disclosed to Mayavati
- The insulting words used by Daksa against Lord Siva were enough to have him thrown perpetually into a hellish life
- The King replied, "I had no desire to give pain to Gopinatha Pattanayaka and his family, nor did I know about his being lifted onto the canga to be thrown on the swords and killed"
- The Lord then ordered everyone to cleanse the inside of the temple very perfectly by taking finer dust, straws and grains of sand and throwing them outside
- The sages said, "The demon (Balvala) occasionally comes here and profusely throws upon us contaminated, impure things like pus, blood, stool, urine and wine; he pollutes this sacred place by showering such filth upon us"
- The trees appeared to be very jolly due to the sweet humming of the bumblebees, and the saffron, which was contained in the lotus flowers, was being thrown into the air
- The two brothers, Sakara Mallika & Dabira Khasa, very humbly submitted that due to their abominable activities they were now bound by the neck & hands & had been thrown into a ditch filled with abominable, stoollike objects of material sense enjoyment
- The word 'urukrama' refers to one whose krama (step) is great. The word 'krama' means 'throwing the foot forward,' that is, 'stepping'
- Their legs were decorated with bells, Their waists with golden belts, & Their fingers with jeweled rings. Brahma also saw that upon the whole body of each Visnu, from the lotus feet up to the top of the head, fresh tulasi leaves and buds had been thrown
- Then another person came with the news that Gopinatha had already been set up to be thrown upon the points of the swords
- Then as soon as he (the elephant) comes onto shore he again takes some dust from the earth and throws it over his body
- There are so many jute mills and factories on the riverside. All the night soil, they are thrown into the Ganges. So still the Ganges is so powerful that it keeps clear
- They (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) possessed such an abundance of various kinds of milk products that they were throwing butter lavishly on each other’s bodies without restriction
- They called for a sweeper (hadi), who threw all the items of worship far away and cleansed the place by mopping it with a mixture of water and cow dung
- This incident (of washing Krsna with the urine of a cow, and throwing the dust created by the hooves of the cows all over His body) gives us a clear indication of how important the cow is to the family, society and to living beings in general
- This is confirmed in the Vedas, "He threw His glance over the material nature, and thus there was creation"
- This time Balarama immediately caught hold of the legs of the ass with one hand and, wheeling him (Dhenukasura) around, threw him into the treetops. While he was being wheeled around by Balarama, the demon lost his life
- Thousands and millions of planets, they are floating in weightlessness in the air. There is no brain behind it? You throw one mechanical sputnik, and there are thousands of scientists working in the laboratory, electronics
- Thus the prince went back, raised Gopinatha Pattanayaka onto the platform of the canga and spread swords below upon which to throw him
- To become the minutest in form, to become weightless, to have anything one desires, to lord it over the material nature, to control other living beings, to throw earthly globes in outer space, etc
- To make Me a madman like Yourself, You have thrown the remnants of Your food at Me. You did not even fear the fact that I am a brahmana
- Very risky life if we do not awaken our divya-jnana. We should always remember this. Very risky life -- once again thrown into the waves of birth and death
- Vrtrasura, disappointed that King Indra was reluctant despite his encouragement (to kill him with the thunderbolt), took the initiative very forcefully by throwing his trident at Indra
- Vrtrasura, who was completely able to subdue his enemy, took his iron club, whirled it around, aimed it at Indra and then threw it at him with his left hand
- What is the value of this lump of matter? It will be thrown in the street, and somebody will kick on the face. Nobody will care. Nobody will care. But so long the soul is there, if you touch the hair even - "Why you are touching my hair?"
- What is the value of your independence? Can you avoid death? Suppose you are independent. What is the meaning of this independence? When death will come, will catch you by your neck and throw you away, your independence
- When Caitanya went to the temple of Siva known as Kapotesvara, Nityananda Prabhu, who was keeping His sannyasa staff in custody, broke the staff in three parts and threw it into the river Bharginadi. Later this river became known as Danda-bhanga-nadi
- When he (Arjuna) was unable to find the baby even after searching all possible planets, he then attempted to throw himself into a fire, since he had promised the brahmana he would do so if unable to bring back his baby
- When he (the living entity) is thrown into the material world on account of his desire to lord it over material energy, he becomes conditioned by the three modes of material nature and thus struggles for existence for the highest benefit
- When he used to throw dice in jest, he would chant Hare Krsna while throwing the dice
- When Lord Siva was engaged in severely austere meditation, Cupid, the demigod of lust, threw his arrow of sex desire. Lord Siva, thus being angry at him, glanced at Cupid in great wrath, and at once the body of Cupid was annihilated
- When no more trees were available, Dvivida took help from the hills and threw large pieces of stone, like rainfall, upon the body of Balarama. Lord Balarama, in a great sporting mood, began to smash those big pieces of stone into mere pebbles
- When Pradyumna was thrown into the sea, a big fish immediately swallowed him. Later this fish was caught in the net of a fisherman, and the fish was later sold to the Sambara demon
- When the cowherd men saw the pastimes of the cowherd women, they became very joyful, and in response they also began to throw yogurt, milk, clarified butter and water upon the bodies of the gopis. Then both parties began to throw butter on each other
- When the rice thrown by Nityananda Prabhu touched His body, Advaita Acarya thought Himself purified by the touch of remnants thrown by Paramahamsa Nityananda. Therefore He began dancing
- When two or four pieces of the thrown rice touched His body, Advaita Acarya began to dance in various ways with the rice still stuck to His body
- Whether a highway robber or a government thief, such a man will be punished in his next life by being thrown into the hell known as Sarameyadana, where he will suffer greatly from the bites of ferocious dogs
- While passing through the forest, one boy stole another boy's lunch package and passed it to a third. And when the boy whose lunch package was stolen came to know of it, he tried to take it back. But the boy who had it threw it to another boy
- While the temple was being swept, about a hundred men stood ready with filled waterpots, and they simply awaited the Lord's order to throw the water from them