support | supportable | supporter | supporters | supportive | supports | supported | supporting
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 29 subcategories, out of 29 total.
- ► Affirm (9 C, 25 P)
- ► Corroborate (1 C, 21 P)
- ► Justify (3 C, 20 P)
- ► Mainstay (2 P)
- ► No Support (22 P)
Pages in category "Support"
The following 159 pages are in this category, out of 159 total.
- A big stone was made into a throne, and the Deity was installed upon it. Another big stone was placed behind the Deity for support
- A man who eats eight ounces of foodstuffs may have to maintain a big family and earn money by any means to support that family, but he himself is not offered more than what he can eat
- A scholar will not speak anything as he is thinking. No. He will give authoritative quotation to support. That is Vedic system. When you support your proposition with the Vedic version, then it is accepted
- Actually, when Jiva Gosvami was alive, some of his followers disliked the parakiya-rasa of the gopis. Therefore Srila Jiva Gosvami, for their spiritual benefit, supported svakiya-rasa
- All scientific knowledge of transcendence must be supported by sruti, smrti and a sound logical basis
- Atoms may form the basic combinations of material existence, but these atoms are generated from the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Thus the philosophy of Gautama and Kanada cannot be supported
- Before having a child the parents should see whether they shall be able to pay for their child's education. The GBC should make an injunction that if they beget children, then whatever the expenses are for supporting Gurukula they must pay for it
- Bhisma was a stout and strong old man. The arrows were piercing his body only. They did not go all the way through. The arrows piercing his back were supporting his body and there were many arrows piercing his chest. There were no arrows in his head
- Bhismadeva advised for all human beings nine qualifications: (7) not to be inimical toward anyone, (8) to be simple, and (9) to support servants or subordinates. One cannot be called a civilized person without acquiring these preliminary qualities
- Brahmananda Swami has worked very hard to regain the respect and support of the Indian community in Kenya. Needless to say they are supporting our movement in Kenya and we must be straightforward in our dealings with them
- Brahmin also means pandita, so they must be able to support their preaching by quoting sastric references
- By going out for sankirtana and selling books to the citizens at large, in this way we are gradually getting the support of everyone, not just a select few
- Daksa began a sacrifice named vajapeya, and he became excessively confident of his support by Lord Brahma. He then performed another great sacrifice, named brhaspati-sava
- Did He or did He not pay attention while you offered Him obeisances? Kindly give evidence supporting your words
- Do not depend on outside help. Also, for financial support depend on Krsna. That is preaching success
- Every living entity should be kindly treated and should not be subjected to any violence. In modern civilized society, slaughterhouses are regularly maintained and supported by a certain type of religious principle
- Exactly how they can be thus employed is described in the above sixty-four items. Now, Srila Rupa Gosvami will give evidences from different scriptures supporting the authenticity of many of these points
- He (Akrura) was the husband of Sutani, daughter of Ahuka. He supported Arjuna when Arjuna took Subhadra forcibly away by the will of Krsna
- He (God) made the stones even within this earth to be weightless and prepared a stone bridge on the sea without any supporting pillar because weightlessness is the creation of the Lord by which He can make the gigantic planets fly and float in the air
- He (Lord Buddha) rejected (Vedic philosophy) it outwardly because the sura-dvisa, or the demons who are always envious of the devotees of Godhead, try to support cow-killing or animal-killing from the pages of the Vedas
- He is the support of the material cause and He enters into everything. He is absolute, one without a second, and He is the eyes of the illusory energy
- Henceforward I am not sanctioning any more marriages, and those who want to marry must know in advance and be prepared to make outside income to support wife and home separately from the temple, and in the temple husband and wife shall live separately
- How can you support that animal killing is not sin?
- I am very glad to hear that everything is going on nicely, especially your developing your new 250-acre farm. Yes, if you can get the government to support our project, that would be big triumph for us
- I can support the explanation of these two verses (verses 5 and 6 of the First Chapter) with a verse by Sri Rupa Gosvami
- I completely support your idea about the preaching method. We are not lacking in philosophy - by the grace of Krishna we have got ample stock to answer anybody's intricate philosophical questions
- I know that our scriptures are full of imagination and mistaken ideas, yet because I am a Muslim I accept them for the sake of my community, despite their insufficient support
- I request all the pure-hearted demigods, forefathers and saintly persons to support my proposal, for after death the result of an action is equally shared by its doer, its director and its supporter
- I support Sri Jayapataka Swami's/ Mr. Gordon John Erdman's application for naturalization and I can vouch for his good character and loyalty
- I understand from Karandhara that you are one of the most staunch supporters and workers for distributing our books and I assure you that it is the highest service to my Guru Maharaja. Thank you very much
- If you are really lover of God, worker for God, don't think of your economic condition, it will be supported
- If you publish some book in Oriyan language, that book will give you good support. So now you have an opportunity, you are there and Krishna will help. Gradually we will help. Krishna is so kind, He is always ready to help
- Impersonalists twist some meanings out of Bhagavatam to suit and support impersonalist views, and the professional readers at once go to the Tenth Canto to misexplain the most confidential part of the Lord's pastimes
- In all cases all the incarnations are supported by the invulnerable statements of the authorized scriptures, and not by any imagination of some self-interested propagandist
- In Manu-samhita, the lawbook for mankind, it is supported that a murderer should be condemned to death so that in his next life he will not have to suffer for the great sin he has committed
- In the beginning Arjuna was arguing with Krsna to support his decision that he would not fight, but he could not convince Krsna very nicely
- In the Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu vibhava is described as follows: "The cause bringing about the tasting of love for Krsna is called vibhava. Vibhava is divided into two categories - alambana (support) and uddipana (awakening)"
- In the present age, consideration of the necessary qualification is being neglected, and the false birthright claim is being supported even by a popular, sophisticated poet, the author of Rama-carita-manasa
- In this way of six Life members daily, we shall very quickly expand our Society in India. This Life Membership is the support of our Movement here, so you must stress this program especially. That will be our success
- It appears from this verse of Srimad-Bhagavatam that the sun is the source of light for all the planets in the universe. The modern scientific theory which states that there are many suns in each universe is not supported by this verse
- It is a fact that all other institutions, never mind whether it is Ramakrishna Mission or philosophical speculators, nobody can stand our arguments and reason if we can support them by quoting Scriptures
- It is right that the community members should support the center
- It is the duty of a transcendentalist to help persons who desire real salvation and to support the cause of salvation. One might note that Sukadeva Gosvami never met Maharaja Pariksit while he was ruling as a great king
- It may be concluded that dharma, religion, refers to that which is ordered in the Vedas, and adharma, irreligion, refers to that which is not supported in the Vedas
- Kamsa began to think in perplexity, "Shall I go immediately and surrender unto Him? But how can a great warrior do this?" The next moment he thought, "Why should I be afraid of Him? There are still so many wrestlers standing to support me"
- Kamsa continued, "Also my father, Ugrasena, who has always supported my enemies against my will, should be killed"
- Kamsa said, "If somehow or other Krsna & Balarama escape, They will next meet the wrestlers & will be killed by them. That is my plan. & after killing these two boys, I shall kill Vasudeva & Nanda, who are supporters of the Vrsni and Bhoja dynasties"
- Kamsa said, "With their help it will be easy to kill all the kings on the surface of the earth who support the demigods. This is my plan. In this way I shall be free from all opposition, it will be very pleasant to rule the world without obstruction"
- Kamsa said, "You (Akrura) may know also that Sambara, Narakasura and Banasura are my intimate friends, and when I begin this war against the kings who support the demigods, they will help me considerably. Surely I shall be rid of all my enemies"
- Local support
- Lord Buddha was sufficiently supported by King Asoka, and thus his particular cult of knowledge was spread all over the world
- Lord Caitanya has accepted the role of Radharani, and we should support that position, as Svarupa Damodara did in the Gambhira
- Lord Nrsimha-deva placed the demon (Hiranyakasipu) on His lap, supporting him with His thighs, and in the doorway of the assembly hall the Lord very easily tore the demon to pieces with the nails of His hand
- Lord Visnu, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is the enjoyer of all sacrifices, is the time factor and the master of all masters. He enters everyone's heart, He is the support of everyone, and He causes every being to be annihilated by another
- Maharaja Yudhisthira, who was the son of Dharmaraja, or Yamaraja, fully supported the words of Queen Draupadi in asking Arjuna to release Asvatthama
- Maharishi came here, and he supported that "Whatever nonsense you like, you do. You simply pay me thirty-five dollars and I give you one mantra, and within six months you become God." Oh, he looted your country
- Mayavada philosophy states that the Supreme Lord, the living entities and the cosmic manifestation are all transformations of illusory energy. To support this atheistic theory, the Mayavadis cite false scriptures
- Mayavada philosophy supports the impersonalist view that Narayana, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, has no form. One can imagine impersonal Brahman in any form - as Visnu, Lord Siva, Vivasvan, Ganesa or Devi Durga
- Maybe our movement will be supported in the future by the United Nations. So we Krishna Consciousness people have accepted a very important and responsible task in the whole world, therefore, our principal work also must be very responsible
- My idea is that all our centers should be self-supported. We do not like that idea that for your support you have to go 100 miles to get your bread. That is a very dangerous drawback. You produce your food locally and then support yourself
- My path is very difficult. I am blind, and my feet are slipping again and again. Therefore, may the saints help me by granting me the stick of their mercy as my support
- Now all of you must give full support to Grandfather Bhisma, standing at your respective strategic points in the phalanx of the army. BG 1.11 - 1972
- Now using good sense, they said (Kurus), "O Lord Balarama, reservoir of all pleasures, You are the maintainer and support of the entire cosmic situation. Unfortunately we were all unaware of Your inconceivable potencies"
- O support of the cosmic manifestation, sole proprietor of all planetary systems, master of everything and husband of the goddess of fortune! Your Lordship is realized by the topmost sannyasis, who wander about the world to preach Krsna consciousness
- On hearing this statement by King Yudhisthira, Lord Krsna replied as follows: "My dear King Yudhisthira, O killer of enemies, O ideal justice personified, I completely support your decision to perform the Rajasuya sacrifice"
- One gentleman was arguing with me... He was supporting Rama-Krishna Mission. He said, "Even stool I consider God. It is God"
- One life is, one living being is food for another living being. But that does not mean that you shall kill your son and eat, and it will be supported by the society
- One may desire mundane reputation by making compromises with nondevotees concerning one's philosophy or spiritual life, or one may become a supporter of a hereditary caste system. All these are pitfalls of personal sense gratification
- One should accept the supremacy of Lord Krsna, as supported by Vyasa, Devala, Asita, Narada and later by the acaryas Ramanujacarya, Madhvacarya, Nimbarka and Visnu Svami and still later by the greatest acarya, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- One should not state a predicate before its subject, for it cannot thus stand without proper support
- Original mother, wife of the spiritual master, wife of the priest, wife of the king, cow, nurse and Earth. These are seven mothers. Cow is mother because we drink cow's milk. How can I deny that she's not mother? So how we can support killing of mother?
- Other princes supporting the King of Kalinga and Rukmi were also captured, and Balarama beat them with His club, breaking their legs and hands. They did not try to retaliate but thought it wise to run away from the bloody scene
- Our temples cannot support you and your two wives. You will then want three, four, and more. Anyway as an American it is illegal for you to do this. We are trying to minimize sex and you are trying to increase it
- Prakasananda Sarasvati said, "Sankaracarya was very eager to establish the philosophy of monism. Therefore he explained the Vedanta-sutra, or Vedanta philosophy, in a different way to support monistic philosophy"
- Presently there are many hundreds and thousands of slaughterhouses throughout the world that are maintained by a puffed-up population mad for material opulence. Such activities are never supported by the Bhagavata school
- Pure devotees are not mundane sentimentalists, but are factually realists because their activities are supported by the Vedic authorities who have given aural reception to the facts mentioned in the Vedic literatures
- Receiving nice support from the community
- Recently, the Christian world, they wanted support from the Pope of contraceptive method. That contraceptive method is condemned, but they want to be supported by the religious head
- Regarding Aquarian Gospel of Lord Jesus The Christ, I have taken some stray extracts just to support our views, but we don't give any importance to that book. The best thing is that we accept Lord Jesus Christ as a great devotee of the Lord
- Regarding Ksirodakasayi's statement that only Indians have access to becoming pure devotees, I never said or supported such thing
- Scriptures fully support the varnasrama system of four social and four religious orders. But what is today being labeled varnasrama is an atheistic concept totally unsupported by the scriptures
- Seeing him unable to support them, his wife and others do not treat him with the same respect as before, even as miserly farmers do not accord the same treatment to their old and worn-out oxen
- Some of the soldiers pulled down the pillars which were supporting the pandal of sacrifice, some of them entered the female quarters, some began destroying the sacrificial arena, and some entered the kitchen and the residential quarters
- Some of them (the coweherd men and women) supported the situation: "This is proper because those who are too sinful die from their sinful reactions, and child Krsna is pious; therefore He is safe from all kinds of fearful situations"
- Sometimes ghastly activities also support strong ecstatic love for Krsna. This state of mind is called ecstatic fearfulness under illusion
- Sometimes supporting one side, sometimes the other, they would talk very privately, with much whispering in the ears, although none of the business was very serious
- Sometimes the members and supporters inquire very confidentially about the methods of performing devotional service, and we try to explain this
- Srila Jiva Gosvami Prabhu has quoted many passages from authentic scriptures and has ably supported the statements in the matter of offenses at the feet of the holy name
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti has also supported Srila Jiva Gosvami (that there is always a devastation after the end of each and every Manu), and he (Sri Cakravarti) has also quoted from Bhagavatamrta about this inundation after each Manu
- Sriman Bhagavan das is mailing out one newsletter of our activities to the Indian families in U.S.A. to gain their support, especially in Chicago. I have seen one copy and it is very nice
- Support the cause of salvation
- Supporting one's argument with evidence that also supports the opposing side is called jalpa. Merely trying to defeat one's opponent is called vitanda
- Suta Gosvami said: O brahmanas, King Yudhisthira fully supported the statements of the Queen, which were in accordance with the principles of religion and were justified, glorious, full of mercy and equity, and without duplicity
- Thank you for helping in this way by taking signatures in support of our movement from the Indian people in Toronto
- The Absolute Truth is ultimately the Absolute Person; otherwise there would have been no need to mention so many details in support of His personal features
- The atheist directly denies the existence of the SPG, and the impersonalists support the atheists by stressing the impersonal aspect of the Supreme Lord. Thus far we have not come across any mantra in Sri Isopanisad in which the SPG is denied
- The cause bringing about the tasting of love for Krsna is called vibhava. Vibhava is divided into two categories - alambana (support) and uddipana (awakening)
- The external, material energy moves this wheel like electrical energy. Thus the wheel revolves very quickly around its hub or central support, the SPG, who is the Supersoul and the ultimate truth. We offer our respectful obeisances unto Him
- The great sage Narada continued: My dear King, those two - the man and the woman - supporting one another through mutual understanding, entered that city and enjoyed life for one hundred years
- The Lord said, "Whatever you have told Me about devotional service is all supported by these two books"
- The many eternals are supported by the one eternal, and thus both the eternals are qualitatively one. Due to such oneness, both the eternals constitutionally have a complete range of sentiments
- The members of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness invite the Society's members and supporters to dine with them when they hold love feasts in all their branches every Sunday
- The ocean is supposed to be the husband of the river and therefore is supposed to support her. Unless a woman is supported by her husband with the necessities of life, she also becomes as dry as a dry river
- The other party was equipped with all military strength supported by big generals like Bhisma, Drona and Salya and it would have been physically impossible for Arjuna to win the battle had the Lord not helped him by every kind of tactic
- The peculiarity of the gradual development of the different senses is simultaneously supported by their controlling deities
- The peculiarity of the gradual development of the different senses is simultaneously supported by their controlling deities. It is to be understood, therefore, that the activities of the sense organs are controlled by the will of the Supreme
- The personified Vedas continued, " Your Lordship is the supporter and maintainer of all living entities - demigods, human beings and animals. Everyone is supported by You, and You are also situated in everyone's heart"
- The personified Vedas continued, "Just as sparks dance in a blazing fire, all living entities are dancing on Your support. You are providing them with everything they desire, and yet You are not responsible for their position of enjoyment or suffering"
- The real qualification of an acarya is that he presents himself as a servant of the Supreme. Such a bona fide acarya can never support the demoniac activities of atheistic men who present themselves as God
- The rsis of Naimisaranya were able to perform the sacrifices for a thousand years. Without state support, no doctrines of philosophy or religious principles can progressively advance
- The sages began to think within themselves: Because he was born from the womb of Sunitha, Vena is by nature very mischievous. Supporting this mischievous king is exactly like maintaining a snake with milk. Now he has become a source of all difficulties
- The seventh creation is that of the immovable entities, which are of six kinds: the fruit trees without flowers, trees and plants which exist until the fruit is ripe, creepers, pipe plants, creepers which have no support, and trees with flowers and fruits
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is the support of this entire cosmic manifestation, with all its moving and nonmoving living entities, and the temple where the Deity of the Lord is installed is a most sacred place
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Mukunda, is self-sufficient. Since He is fully independent, He was not in want of the support or association of Laksmidevi
- The vayasyas said, "We are very much aggrieved to see You in this position. If You think that Sudama is not able to support Govardhan Hill, then at least You should change hands"
- The whole material creation is one with and different from Narayana, simultaneously, and this supports the acintya-bhedabheda-tattva philosophy of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Then collect the opinions of each and every GBC member and if the majority supports the idea then it should be taken as a fact for being carried out in our society
- There are many Indians in Tokyo and if you canvass them one by one gradually all of them will become our life members and support our activities for expanding widely in Japan
- There are six features of conjugal love affairs, called peacemaking, picking a quarrel, going to meet one's lover, sitting together, separation and support. Lord Krsna expanded an empire of these six features, of which He was the ruling prince
- There are two kinds of particular ecstasies (vibhava). One is called the support, and the other is called the awakening. The vibration of Krsna's flute is an example of the awakening, and Lord Krsna Himself is an example of the support
- There is no end to the great & glorious qualities of that powerful Anantadeva. His prowess is unlimited. Though self-sufficient, He Himself is the support of everything. He resides beneath the lower planetary systems & easily sustains the entire universe
- There is no mention of mills and factories supported by slaughterhouses, which are the necessary paraphernalia of the modern metropolis
- These people, who were actually atheistic and of bad character, took up the Vedic principles in an imaginary, infamous way to support their activities
- These so-called sannyasis are very much appreciated by sinful men because they are all godless atheists and very expert in putting forward arguments and reasons to support their case
- This is the peculiarity of Krsna conscious persons, that whatever they will say, they will give full support
- This rhetorical rule (one should not state a predicate before its subject, for it cannot thus stand without proper support) appears in the Ekadasi-tattva, Thirteenth Canto, in connection with the metaphorical use of words
- This theory cannot be supported either, because the Lord Himself says in the Bhagavad-gita that the Brahman effulgence rests on His personality
- This theory cannot be supported, for the original cause of everything is not inert atoms
- Thus a Vaisnava automatically becomes a brahmana. This idea is also supported by Sanatana Gosvami in his book Hari-bhakti-vilasa, which is the Vaisnava guide
- Thus all the devotees, supporting Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, took Him back to His residence. Then they all described to Him what had happened
- Thus it is a custom for all time that a devotee who has no other means of support stands at the Simha-dvara gate to receive alms from the servants
- To create a new type of dharma has become fashionable in this age. So-called svamis and yogis support that one may follow any type of religious system, according to one's own choice, because all systems are ultimately the same
- To learn devotional service is the duty of everyone. Therefore the spontaneous education of Prahlada Maharaja is supported as auspicious and perfect
- To support this statement there are many authoritative assertions by the learned scholars of bygone ages. According to their general opinion, a person may become governed by certain convictions derived by his own arguments and decisions
- We are more interested that the mass of men shall support us - what good a handful of high-class supporters will do?
- We are not after home, money, fame, like that. But that does not mean that he shall not support her nicely, no.
- We do not accept authority. We want to become authority ourself: "I am authority." Everyone wants to become authority. And that is being supported by so-called swamis, "Yes, you can manufacture your own religion." But that is not the process
- We have support from very high circle. Scholar, priest, even father, mother, parent. Many old gentlemen come to congratulate me, "Swamiji, it is our great fortune that you have come to this country"
- We must get the support of the mass of men, and if the leading men can be induced by you to preach on our behalf, then you will be able to speed up the process and actually that is a very great service for Krsna
- We quote Vedic evidence to support our statements, but if we interpret it according to our own judgment, the authority of the Vedic literature is rendered imperfect or useless
- We want that the mass shall support us, but we want that the class shall preach for us, that is the distinction. Is it clear?
- What need is there, Arjuna, for all this detailed knowledge? With a single fragment of Myself I pervade and support this entire universe
- Whatever you say about Vaisnava behavior, the establishment of Vaisnava temples and Deities, and everything else should be supported by evidence from the Puranas
- When I learn that you are selling many BTGs and are receiving nice support from the community, I am very much encouraged. Now we have published our Isopanisad and you must try to sell it as far as possible
- When Prakasananda Sarasvati supported himself by quoting the verse from Srimad-Bhagavatam, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu immediately protested by uttering the holy name of Lord Visnu
- When Sisupala was thus killed, a great roar and howl went up from the crowd. Taking advantage of that disturbance, the few kings who were supporters of Sisupala quickly left the assembly out of fear for their lives
- When the gopis were in disagreement with Krsna, these friends would support Krsna's side in His presence - but when Krsna was not present, they would support the side of the gopis
- When there will be question of meat eating, or supporting the slaughterhouse, both of them will agree. So the present situation is reaction of man's sinful activities
- Who asked him to come here, this son of a kept mistress? He is so crooked that he spies in the interest of the enemy against those on whose support he has grown up. Toss him out of the palace immediately and leave him with only his breath
- Yes, I approve your idea to have a sankirtana party in America to support the Polish preaching
- You cannot live together, that is not possible, neither you can see her or speak. If you want to keep her, she can remain separately and you can support her in that way, but you cannot see her
- You live as the Supersoul of all living entities, and the goddess of fortune is the form of their bodies, senses and minds. She also has a holy name and form, whereas You are the support of all such names and forms and the cause for their manifestation
- You make good supporter, then government is yours
- You want to serve Krishna with all your energies and intelligence, so I have got all support and approval of this scheme, but until you have got some income, how can I advise you to give up your present job, especially when you are a family man
- Your idea of raising some funds and support in the West and then going back to Taiwan is a very good idea. Do it. This is a very good program. This is a very gentlemanly idea. Unless one has an office and a sitting place, no one really cares about you
- Your Lordship is the beginning, sustenance and end of everything, like the earth, which is the cause of an earthen pot, which supports the pot, and to which the pot, when broken, finally returns