Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
sustain | sustained | sustainer | sustaining | sustains | sustenance
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Sustain"
The following 64 pages are in this category, out of 64 total.
- A cloud is compared to a qualified person because it pours rain and gives sustenance to many people; a man who is qualified similarly gives sustenance to many living creatures, such as family members or many workers in a business
- A living being's sustenance of existence is to coordinate his activities with his eternal relation with the Supreme Lord Krsna
- A person in the renounced order should always chant the holy name of the Lord. He should beg some alms to eat, and he should sustain his life in this way
- All the inhabitants of Vrndavana came out of the village to see Krsna. The assembly consisted of children, old men, women, animals and all living entities; they knew that Krsna was their only means of sustenance
- Although the Lord is the transcendental personification of the Vedic hymns, He has become more beautiful because of His (Varahadeva's) appearance to sustain the earth
- Ananta, or Sesa, is the source of the power which sustains all the planets in their different positions. Materially this sustaining power is known as the law of gravitation, but actually it is a display of the potency of Sankarsana
- Arjuna sustained his unimpeachable character by closing his eyes before Urvasi, addressing her as mother of the Kuru dynasty and placing her in the category of his mothers Kunti, Madri and Sacidevi, wife of Indradeva
- Because Brahma is almost on an equal footing with the Personality of Godhead, he is addressed here as the god of the demigods, and because he is the secondary creator of this universe, he is addressed as the sustainer of the universe
- Besides these inferior energies, which are material, there is another energy, a spiritual energy, and this is the living being, O mighty-armed one. The entire material world is sustained by the living entities
- By His spiritual energy Sesa Naga sustains all the planetary globes upon His invisible hoods. Sesa Naga is popularly known as Sankarsana, or "that which keeps balance by the law of magnetism"
- Chanting of the Holy Name regularly is our life and soul, and on the basis of such activities all other devotional services will sustain
- Contact with matter is unavoidable in our present conditioned state, because while performing activities to sustain the body and to accomplish other purposes, we become intimate with material nature
- Cow protection practically solves the problems of sustenance & the greater portion of time of the devotees, being not engaged in the frantic scramble of materialistic competition for food & shelter, is kept engaged in the pursuit of spiritual perfection
- Everything in this material world is limited, and for this reason there is creation, sustenance and dissolution. However, in the world of unlimited energy, the spiritual world, there is neither creation nor destruction
- Everything that is created, sustained, and at the end annihilated is within the compass of the mahat-tattva and is known as the material world
- Examples of direct, or saksat, saktyavesa-avataras are the Sesa incarnation and the Ananta incarnation. In Ananta the power for sustaining all the planets is invested, and the Sesa incarnation is invested with the power for serving the Supreme Lord
- Gradually, step by step, one should become situated in trance by means of intelligence sustained by full conviction, and thus the mind should be fixed on the self alone and should think of nothing else
- Gradually, step by step, one should become situated in trance by means of intelligence sustained by full conviction, and thus the mind should be fixed on the Self alone and should think of nothing else
- I am the goal, the sustainer, the master, the witness, the abode, the refuge, and the most dear friend
- In other words, one should not bother about his personal or family maintenance or sustenance. If one is actually surrendered in body and soul, he should always remember that his only concern is to be engaged in the service of the Lord
- In that ecstatic love, His mind was unsteady. Transformations of transcendental love spread throughout His entire body, and He could not sustain His body and mind
- In the devotional service of neutrality there is sustenance, in chivalrous devotional service there is expansion, in compassionate devotional service there is reflection, in angry devotional service there is lamentation, and so on
- In the devotional service of neutrality there is sustenance; there is expansion in chivalrous devotional service; there is reflection in compassionate devotional service; in angry devotional service there is lamentation, and so on
- In the spiritual sky there is a spiritual creative energy technically called suddha-sattva, which is a pure spiritual energy that sustains all the Vaikuntha planets with the full opulences of knowledge, wealth, prowess, etc
- It is easy to discern the superiority of spirit over inert matter. The jiva principle is setting into motion and sustaining everything in this material world
- Renunciation is the basic principle sustaining the lives of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's devotees
- Renunciation is the basic principle sustaining the lives of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's devotees. Seeing this renunciation, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is extremely satisfied
- The brahma-bhutah stage, situation, is that "I am not matter; I am spirit." That's all right. But we have to sustain the spirit. How we can sustain? We can sustain when there is spiritual engagement. Otherwise, it is not possible
- The controlling deities of the intestines are the rivers, and those of the arteries, the seas. Fulfillment of the belly with food and drink is the cause of sustenance, and the metabolism of the food and drink replaces the waste of the bodily energies
- The inconceivable energies of the Lord are spread throughout the creation. He is all-pervading, and by His energy He sustains all planetary systems, yet through His pleasure potency He remains situated in His personal abode known as Goloka
- The Lord is not directly concerned with the maintenance and sustenance of this material manifestation
- The Lord of Svetadvipa expands Himself as Sesa Naga, who sustains all the planets upon His innumerable hoods. These huge global spheres are compared to grains of mustard resting on the spiritual hoods of Sesa Naga
- The Lord says that everything is resting on Him (mat-sthani sarva-bhutani). This should not be misunderstood. The Lord is not directly concerned with the maintenance and sustenance of this material manifestation
- The small room beyond the corridor is called the Gambhira. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu used to stay in that room, but He did not sleep for a moment. All night He used to grind His mouth and head on the wall, and His face sustained injuries all over
- The so-called law of gravitation which sustains the planets is described herein as the potency of the Lord. This potency is invested by the Lord in the way that an expert sacrificial brahmana puts fire in the arani wood by the potency of Vedic mantras
- The ten kinds of air are described as follows: The air which helps relaxation by opening the mouth wide (in yawning) is called devadatta air, and the air which helps sustenance is called dhananjaya air
- Then taking the word 'nirgranthah' and considering 'api' in the sense of sustenance, I have tried to explain a fifty-ninth meaning of the verse
- There the devotee says, "My dear Lord, as a sold-out animal has no need to think about his maintenance and sustenance, so, because I have given up my body and soul unto You, I am no longer concerned with my maintenance and sustenance"
- There, in part of the ocean of milk, lies Svetadvipa, the abode of the sustainer, Lord Visnu
- These recommended processes (inhaling the breath, sustaining it, and finally exhaling) can also be performed in the reverse order. After exhaling, one can keep the air outside for some time and then inhale
- They are already killing animals for flesh, so when there will no longer be grains, vegetables and fruits, they will kill their own sons and fathers and eat their flesh for sustenance
- This brahma-jyotir is all-pervading, and all creation is made possible by its potential power; therefore the Vedic hymns declare that everything that exists is being sustained by the brahma-jyotir (sarvam khalv idam brahma)
- Three different activities are recommended for clearing the passage of breath: puraka, kumbhaka and recaka. Inhaling the breath is called puraka, sustaining it within is called kumbhaka, and finally exhaling it is called recaka
- We have purposely denoted dharma as occupation because the root meaning of the word dharma is "that which sustains one's existence"
- When there was a desire to have food and drink, the abdomen and the intestines and also the arteries became manifested. The rivers and seas are the source of their sustenance and metabolism
- When Vasudeva was sustaining the form of the Supreme Personality of Godhead within his heart, he appeared just like the glowing sun, whose shining rays are always unbearable and scorching to the common man
- Without the sanction of the Supreme Soul, the individual soul cannot do anything. The individual is bhukta, or the sustained, and the Lord is bhokta, or the maintainer