sustain | sustained | sustainer | sustaining | sustains | sustenance
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
- ► Krsna's Sustaining (1 C, 8 P)
- ► Radharani's Sustaining (2 P)
- ► Thread (3 C, 31 P)
Pages in category "Sustain"
The following 71 pages are in this category, out of 71 total.
- A cloud is compared to a qualified person because it pours rain and gives sustenance to many people; a man who is qualified similarly gives sustenance to many living creatures, such as family members or many workers in a business
- A living being's sustenance of existence is to coordinate his activities with his eternal relation with the Supreme Lord Krsna
- A person in the renounced order should always chant the holy name of the Lord. He should beg some alms to eat, and he should sustain his life in this way
- According to the Vedanta-sutra, sambhuta is the source of birth and sustenance, as well as the reservoir that remains after annihilation (janmady asya yatah (SB 1.1.1)
- All the inhabitants of Vrndavana came out of the village to see Krsna. The assembly consisted of children, old men, women, animals and all living entities; they knew that Krsna was their only means of sustenance
- Ananta, or Sesa, is the source of the power which sustains all the planets in their different positions. Materially this sustaining power is known as the law of gravitation, but actually it is a display of the potency of Sankarsana
- Arjuna sustained his unimpeachable character by closing his eyes before Urvasi, addressing her as mother of the Kuru dynasty and placing her in the category of his mothers Kunti, Madri and Sacidevi, wife of Indradeva
- Because Brahma is almost on an equal footing with the Personality of Godhead, he is addressed here as the god of the demigods, and because he is the secondary creator of this universe, he is addressed as the sustainer of the universe
- Besides these inferior energies, which are material, there is another energy, a spiritual energy, and this is the living being, O mighty-armed one. The entire material world is sustained by the living entities
- Besides this inferior nature, O mighty-armed Arjuna, there is a superior energy of Mine, which are all living entities who are struggling with material nature and are sustaining the universe. BG 7.5 - 1972
- Changes as birth, death and sustenance do not exist in You because You are the Absolute Truth, the supreme absolute spirit soul, the Supreme Brahman
- Chanting of the Holy Name regularly is our life and soul, and on the basis of such activities all other devotional services will sustain
- Contact with matter is unavoidable in our present conditioned state, because while performing activities to sustain the body and to accomplish other purposes, we become intimate with material nature
- Cow protection practically solves the problems of sustenance & the greater portion of time of the devotees, being not engaged in the frantic scramble of materialistic competition for food & shelter, is kept engaged in the pursuit of spiritual perfection
- Even saintly persons like Bhrgu, born previously, could not perform such severe austerities, nor will anyone in the future be able to do so. Who within these three worlds can sustain his life without even drinking water for one hundred celestial years?
- Everything in this material world is limited, and for this reason there is creation, sustenance and dissolution. However, in the world of unlimited energy, the spiritual world, there is neither creation nor destruction
- Everything that is created, sustained, and at the end annihilated is within the compass of the mahat-tattva and is known as the material world
- Examples of direct, or saksat, saktyavesa-avataras are the Sesa incarnation and the Ananta incarnation. In Ananta the power for sustaining all the planets is invested, and the Sesa incarnation is invested with the power for serving the Supreme Lord
- Gradually, step by step, one should become situated in trance by means of intelligence sustained by full conviction, and thus the mind should be fixed on the self alone and should think of nothing else
- Gradually, step by step, one should become situated in trance by means of intelligence sustained by full conviction, and thus the mind should be fixed on the Self alone and should think of nothing else
- I am the goal, the sustainer, the master, the witness, the abode, the refuge, and the most dear friend
- In other words, one should not bother about his personal or family maintenance or sustenance. If one is actually surrendered in body and soul, he should always remember that his only concern is to be engaged in the service of the Lord
- In that ecstatic love, His mind was unsteady. Transformations of transcendental love spread throughout His entire body, and He could not sustain His body and mind
- In the spiritual sky there is a spiritual creative energy technically called suddha-sattva, which is a pure spiritual energy that sustains all the Vaikuntha planets with the full opulences of knowledge, wealth, prowess, etc
- It is easy to discern the superiority of spirit over inert matter. The jiva principle is setting into motion and sustaining everything in this material world
- O god of the demigods (Lord Brahma), sustainer of the universe, head jewel of all the demigods in other planets, you know the intentions of all living entities, in both the spiritual and material worlds
- O lifter of the earth, the earth with its mountains, which You have lifted with Your tusks, is situated as beautifully as a lotus flower with leaves sustained by an infuriated elephant just coming out of the water
- O lord, you have now been removed by cruel providence to a state beyond our sight. You had previously sustained the livelihood of the inhabitants of Usinara, and thus they were happy, but your condition now is the cause of their unhappiness
- O son of Prtha, that determination which is unbreakable, which is sustained with steadfastness by yoga practice, and thus controls the mind, life, and the acts of the senses, is in the mode of goodness. BG 18.33 - 1972
- Renunciation is the basic principle sustaining the lives of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's devotees
- Renunciation is the basic principle sustaining the lives of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's devotees. Seeing this renunciation, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is extremely satisfied
- The brahma-bhutah stage, situation, is that "I am not matter; I am spirit." That's all right. But we have to sustain the spirit. How we can sustain? We can sustain when there is spiritual engagement. Otherwise, it is not possible
- The controlling deities of the intestines are the rivers, and those of the arteries, the seas. Fulfillment of the belly with food and drink is the cause of sustenance, and the metabolism of the food and drink replaces the waste of the bodily energies
- The highest authority for me is the unlimited SPG, from whom this wonderful creation emanates and in whom its sustenance and dissolution rest. He is the origin of all Prajapatis, the personalities meant to produce living entities in this world
- The Lord is not directly concerned with the maintenance and sustenance of this material manifestation
- The Lord says that everything is resting on Him (mat-sthani sarva-bhutani). This should not be misunderstood. The Lord is not directly concerned with the maintenance and sustenance of this material manifestation
- The small room beyond the corridor is called the Gambhira. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu used to stay in that room, but He did not sleep for a moment. All night He used to grind His mouth and head on the wall, and His face sustained injuries all over
- The so-called law of gravitation which sustains the planets is described herein as the potency of the Lord. This potency is invested by the Lord in the way that an expert sacrificial brahmana puts fire in the arani wood by the potency of Vedic mantras
- The ten kinds of air are described as follows: The air which helps relaxation by opening the mouth wide (in yawning) is called devadatta air, and the air which helps sustenance is called dhananjaya air
- Then taking the word 'nirgranthah' and considering 'api' in the sense of sustenance, I have tried to explain a fifty-ninth meaning of the verse
- There is no end to the great & glorious qualities of that powerful Anantadeva. His prowess is unlimited. Though self-sufficient, He Himself is the support of everything. He resides beneath the lower planetary systems & easily sustains the entire universe
- There the devotee says, "My dear Lord, as a sold-out animal has no need to think about his maintenance and sustenance, so, because I have given up my body and soul unto You, I am no longer concerned with my maintenance and sustenance"
- There was keen rivalry between the two combatants; both had sustained injuries on their bodies from the blows of each other's pointed maces, and each grew more and more enraged at the smell of blood on his person
- There, in part of the ocean of milk, lies Svetadvipa, the abode of the sustainer, Lord Visnu
- These recommended processes (inhaling the breath, sustaining it, and finally exhaling) can also be performed in the reverse order. After exhaling, one can keep the air outside for some time and then inhale
- They are already killing animals for flesh, so when there will no longer be grains, vegetables and fruits, they will kill their own sons and fathers and eat their flesh for sustenance
- This brahma-jyotir is all-pervading, and all creation is made possible by its potential power; therefore the Vedic hymns declare that everything that exists is being sustained by the brahma-jyotir (sarvam khalv idam brahma)
- Three different activities are recommended for clearing the passage of breath: puraka, kumbhaka and recaka. Inhaling the breath is called puraka, sustaining it within is called kumbhaka, and finally exhaling it is called recaka
- We have purposely denoted dharma as occupation because the root meaning of the word dharma is "that which sustains one's existence"
- When King Bhagiratha approached Lord Siva and requested him to sustain the forceful waves of the Ganges, Lord Siva accepted the proposal by saying, "Let it be so"
- When there was a desire to have food and drink, the abdomen and the intestines and also the arteries became manifested. The rivers and seas are the source of their sustenance and metabolism
- When Vasudeva was sustaining the form of the Supreme Personality of Godhead within his heart, he appeared just like the glowing sun, whose shining rays are always unbearable and scorching to the common man
- With great attention, he sustained the Ganges on his head, for the water of the Ganges is purifying, having emanated from the toes of Lord Visnu
- Without the sanction of the Supreme Soul, the individual soul cannot do anything. The individual is bhukta, or the sustained, and the Lord is bhokta, or the maintainer
- Yamuna prayed "I forgot Your (Balarama) glorious, exalted position, but now I have come to my senses, and I remember that You hold all the planetary systems on Your head merely by Your partial expansion Sesa. You are the sustainer of the whole universe"
- Your Lordship is the beginning, sustenance and end of everything, like the earth, which is the cause of an earthen pot, which supports the pot, and to which the pot, when broken, finally returns